Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Shawn Mendes says he doesn't trust Taylor Swift's boyfriend Joe Alwyn because his eyes are too blue

Shawn Mendes recently opened up about his friendship with Taylor Swift - and his suspicious impression of her boyfriend, Joe Alwyn, whom he's never met.

While taking a lie detector test in a new video for Vanity Fair, Mendes was asked whether he still keeps in touch with his early mentor. The "Stitches" crooner was one of the opening acts for Swift's "1989" tour in 2014. He also made a cameo during the Pasadena stop on her 2018 "Reputation" tour.

"I always am asking her for advice on music," Mendes said, adding that he last texted Swift "maybe a month ago."

He was then asked whether he "approves" of Swift's longtime boyfriend, whom she apparently began dating in 2016.

"I've never personally met Joe, but he looks like a sweet guy," Mendes said.

When the polygraph examiner told Mendes he was being "deceptive," the singer immediately changed course.

"I'm lying? A little bit? Yeah, I mean, he's kind of got a little bit of a villain look about him," Mendes said, holding up a photo of Alwyn. "I mean, he looks like a nice guy - but he, at any movement, could turn into a villain."

"He's got really blue eyes and I struggle with eyes that blue," he added. "I find it easier to trust brown eyes."

Mendes did not elaborate on his suspicion of Alwyn, but did say he felt he'd "talked way too much about him."

Earlier in the video, Mendes told the interviewer that he's "pretty bad at lying" - although he admitted to lying in the past, including to his girlfriend, Camila Cabello.

Cabello is also friends with Swift and served as one of her opening acts for the "Reputation" tour. Cabello even performed "Shake It Off" alongside Swift and Halsey at the 2019 American Music Awards, where Swift was honored as artist of the decade.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 29, 2021 1:03 PM

Rofl!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 21, 2021 5:08 AM

Awww, how sweet.

Taylor Swift really loves her gay friends.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 21, 2021 5:09 AM

Why doesn’t he just come out? He’s not even half way believable as straight.

by Anonymousreply 3September 21, 2021 5:10 AM

Privately, I like blew eyes.

by Anonymousreply 4September 21, 2021 5:19 AM

He looks like a two-spirit in that pic.

by Anonymousreply 5September 21, 2021 5:40 AM

He looks gay AF in that pic.

by Anonymousreply 6September 21, 2021 5:47 AM

They should test Shawn's IQ next.

by Anonymousreply 7September 21, 2021 5:58 AM

Shawn's new cover song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 21, 2021 6:02 AM

I forgot she got fake tits

by Anonymousreply 9September 21, 2021 6:12 AM

[quote] I forgot she got fake tits

Taylor Swift?

by Anonymousreply 10September 21, 2021 6:13 AM

Yeah R10

by Anonymousreply 11September 21, 2021 6:16 AM

Awww he so wants to get fucked by him.

by Anonymousreply 12September 21, 2021 6:19 AM

[quote] He was then asked whether he "approves" of Swift's longtime boyfriend, whom she apparently began dating in 2016.

[quote] "I've never personally met Joe, but he looks like a sweet guy," Mendes said.

[quote] When the polygraph examiner told Mendes he was being "deceptive," the singer immediately changed course.

[quote] "I'm lying? A little bit? Yeah, I mean, he's kind of got a little bit of a villain look about him," Mendes said, holding up a photo of Alwyn. "I mean, he looks like a nice guy - but he, at any movement, could turn into a villain."

[quote] "He's got really blue eyes and I struggle with eyes that blue," he added. "I find it easier to trust brown eyes."

[quote] Mendes did not elaborate on his suspicion of Alwyn, but did say he felt he'd "talked way too much about him."

This is the most ridiculous set of answers ever.

Not only does it not make sense, but the answers are just strange.

And yes he seems like he's being VERY evasive.

The question is, why?

by Anonymousreply 13September 21, 2021 6:55 AM

He probably has the hots for Taylor’s boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 14September 21, 2021 6:56 AM

Damn blue eyes, just like Connor!

Connor! Why not meeee?

by Anonymousreply 15September 21, 2021 7:07 AM

[quote] Shawn Mendes says he doesn't trust Taylor Swift's boyfriend Joe Alwyn because his eyes are too blue

Shawn left out ".... and I might be too tempted to suck his cock!"

by Anonymousreply 16September 21, 2021 7:13 AM

He took a lie detector test?

They should have asked him flat out if he was into guys.

That would have been hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 17September 21, 2021 2:28 PM

He doesn’t even realize how gay he sounds, poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 18September 21, 2021 2:30 PM

Taylor and Shawn

by Anonymousreply 19September 21, 2021 2:37 PM

R17 He would have gay panicked and blown out the machine.

by Anonymousreply 20September 22, 2021 1:43 AM

Wow he is just dumb.

by Anonymousreply 21September 22, 2021 2:28 AM

I don't trust Taylor Swifts boyfriend because he chose to go out with Taylor Swift. She seems so bland.

by Anonymousreply 22September 22, 2021 2:30 AM

I watched Mendes on Colbert last night. 20 minutes. He is exceptionally stupid and devoid of personality. Mendes is 23 yet Colbert spoke to him in the same tone I remember Johnny Carson speaking to 7 year old Drew Barrymore in in 1982. He also said his Met Gala get-up was inspired by Robert Mapplethorpe, which is inane. I have no doubt some dumb stylist did this as a joke. Big black cocks, AIDS, S&M, and Shawn Mendes.

by Anonymousreply 23September 24, 2021 3:08 AM

As if he even knew who Mapplethorpe was.

by Anonymousreply 24September 24, 2021 3:11 AM

Joe Alwyn is hot.

by Anonymousreply 25September 24, 2021 3:17 AM

Connor is surprised.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 25, 2021 10:10 PM

R26 "Geezus, Shawn, put some pants on."

*sounds of Shawn crying in the background*

by Anonymousreply 27September 25, 2021 11:37 PM

There's not even a hint of masculinity to this dude: not in his lanky body, not in his queer smile, not in his feminine hairstyle, and CERTAINLY not in his voice. Whom exactly does he think he's fooling? And befriending that lesbian and her fake gay BF? Icing on the cake!

by Anonymousreply 28October 28, 2021 8:52 PM

R28 That’s right, there is not even one masculine bone in his body, that’s Why he is indeed T R A N S.

by Anonymousreply 29October 28, 2021 8:58 PM

Trans Canadian?

by Anonymousreply 30October 28, 2021 9:39 PM

What a GAY thing to obsess about.

by Anonymousreply 31October 28, 2021 10:07 PM

I'm not into Tay Tay but I'm really pleased she nabbed Joe Alwyn. He's a very nice chap. Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 32October 28, 2021 11:40 PM

I've learned over the years to care desperately about each of Taylor Swift's boyfriends, because each one will likely be her Mr. Right.

by Anonymousreply 33October 28, 2021 11:44 PM

Sorry to break it to you, R32.

But Taylor Swift is a major lesbian..

by Anonymousreply 34October 28, 2021 11:44 PM

^ really?

by Anonymousreply 35October 28, 2021 11:51 PM

Privately, I like blown-out pinkeye, especially if it's mine.

by Anonymousreply 36October 29, 2021 12:03 AM

[quote] Privately, I like blown-out pinkeye, especially if it's mine.

Pinkeye??

Rofl. I've never heard it called that.

Rosebud, yes. Pinkeye? No.

by Anonymousreply 37October 29, 2021 1:07 AM

R36 Stop pretending, Shawn, we all know that your hole is as tight and pristine as it was when you were a little boy. Your security has been instructed to never leave you alone with any man, and never to give you any D themselves no matter how much you beg and offer to pay. Your boy Connor gets a fat bonus every time he refuses to give you that fat cock of his.

by Anonymousreply 38October 29, 2021 1:23 AM

I feel like either he or the media is troll us. A lie detector? Really? And they didn’t ask THE question?

Shawn is reaching Liberace level of ridiculous at this point.

by Anonymousreply 39October 29, 2021 1:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!