Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Don't cry for him, Canada! Canadian College Football Player Francis Perron Dead At 25 After Team's Season Opener

In other Canadian news. Do we care, i.e., was he good looking?

Francis Perron -- a defensive lineman at the University of Ottawa -- passed away shortly after their season opener on Saturday, the school announced.

He was only 25 years old.

University of Ottawa president Jacques Fremont broke the sad news on Sunday ... saying the Canadian football player died after their first game of the season.

"Over the weekend, Francis Perron, one of our Mechanical Engineering students and a defensive lineman in his fifth season with Gee-Gees football, died shortly after a game between uOttawa and the University of Toronto."

"A bright, passionate, and caring person, Francis poured himself into his craft as a player and his academic pursuit of becoming an engineer."

"In the classroom, he was as big of a star as on the field, becoming a multiple-time U SPORTS Academic All-Canadian while studying Mechanical Engineering."

Perron joined the Gee-Gees in 2017 and played in Saturday's game. They lost 11 to 10.

The cause of death has not been revealed at this time.

Fremont says Perron's death will have a big impact on the Gee-Gees team and community ... and they plan to hold a memorial service in the coming weeks.

"On behalf of the University of Ottawa, I offer my condolences to his family, friends and loved ones. The thoughts of all members of our community are with you."

RIP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 21, 2021 6:04 PM

Vaccinated?

by Anonymousreply 1September 21, 2021 2:40 AM

Sad šŸ˜ž

by Anonymousreply 2September 21, 2021 2:47 AM

I fucked up the poll. I meant "Oui".

by Anonymousreply 3September 21, 2021 2:47 AM

The Gee-Gees? That's too gay for an all-gay team.

by Anonymousreply 4September 21, 2021 2:48 AM

He was very handsome; some bottom's loss.

by Anonymousreply 5September 21, 2021 2:48 AM

Aww, he's cute and smart.

by Anonymousreply 6September 21, 2021 2:50 AM

I doubt heā€™s gay e5

by Anonymousreply 7September 21, 2021 2:50 AM

[quote] Aww, he's cute and smart.

Not anymore.

by Anonymousreply 8September 21, 2021 2:51 AM

A little old for college, no?

by Anonymousreply 9September 21, 2021 2:53 AM

Not at all. Especially for athletes.

by Anonymousreply 10September 21, 2021 2:58 AM

Unless we know how he died, how can we be expected to feel any which way? I mean, who was he?

by Anonymousreply 11September 21, 2021 3:00 AM

25 is old for college ball. Plus he was cut but he was also a big slab of muscle and fat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 21, 2021 3:05 AM

Did he drink Perroni?

by Anonymousreply 13September 21, 2021 6:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!