Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sex Education Season 3

Is anybody watching it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40December 1, 2021 1:06 AM

Nobody?

by Anonymousreply 1September 21, 2021 4:10 PM

I just finished season 2 and will look at season 3 in a month or two. I need a break from it.

by Anonymousreply 2September 21, 2021 5:09 PM

While much of the story seems tired and expected (the increasingly autocratic school administrator and the brewing rebellion against her to assert people's rights to "be themselves" - liberation!!). a couple subplots are interesting, and frankly kind of hot.

Sex with the pretty boy in the wheelchair. Don't know the actor's full story, but this certainly is innovative. The reality of paralysis, the possibility that they "differently abled" have their own beauty, and want to make love just like anybody else. So far the sex scenes are lovely.

And the arc of Adam... the big macho shut-down bully with the enormous penis is slowly, slowly following his own path. Trying to be more vulnerable. Letting Eric put makeup on him. Admitting he wants to bottom. Covering for the rival Raheem (and beginning to feel a kinship... funny too, "I like dogs" "I'm a cat person" "well, of course you are..." Really reaching new levels of self awareness - and while most of it should be silly and unlikely, Connor Swindells is winning me over.

by Anonymousreply 3September 21, 2021 6:22 PM

This show would be better without all of the annoying girls. Get rid of them, make this a boy's boarding school. But Gillian Anderson can stay.

by Anonymousreply 4September 22, 2021 2:30 AM

Gillian Anderson is by far the best thing about this show. The rest of the show is too earnest for me. I'm only 30 and the kids seem so wholesome and nice compared to what I remember from high school. Skins was a more entertaining show imo.

by Anonymousreply 5September 22, 2021 2:37 AM

I, too, like Gillian Anderson and her Swedish lover.

by Anonymousreply 6September 22, 2021 2:39 AM

Adam Groff/Conner Swindells is just my type.

by Anonymousreply 7September 22, 2021 4:30 AM

i binged watched all 3 seasons earlier this week. i liked it. it was quirky while exploring all kinds of different relationships and not being afraid to take on the fact that kids have sex in high school. i was kind of hoping for a 4th season, but I know how Netflix works...

by Anonymousreply 8September 24, 2021 8:26 AM

🎼🎼suckin’ on my titties🎼🎼

by Anonymousreply 9September 24, 2021 11:57 AM

I've seen the first season, so I want to dive back in to 2 & 3 in October. I'm glad to read that they kept Adam/Conner around after the first season. I don't know why they have to put him in makeup, though. Why is that even a required plot point these days? I thought we'd moved past all that.

by Anonymousreply 10September 24, 2021 12:44 PM

[quote] I don't know why they have to put him in makeup, though. Why is that even a required plot point these days? I thought we'd moved past all that.

Lazy writing, along with the flamboyant but actually insecure black gay. See also HBO Max's Genera+ion.

by Anonymousreply 11September 24, 2021 12:48 PM

Who are those people in OP’s photo? I don’t think they even go to this school.

by Anonymousreply 12September 24, 2021 12:53 PM

R12 - they're the 'mean girl' group - Ruby, Anwar and Olivia - they've been in it since Season 1.

by Anonymousreply 13September 24, 2021 1:01 PM

I’m having a hard time getting through this season. The whole Harry Potter mean headmaster thing is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 14September 24, 2021 1:35 PM

I thought the scene where Eric was driving into Lagos with his new gay friend was about to take a dark turn. Glad it didn't..

by Anonymousreply 15September 25, 2021 12:46 AM

R10 R11 I am usually annoyed by the lazy feminization of gay men characters in movies and TV. As in "all gay men like old movies, like to wear makeup and would be in drag if they could..." etc.

But Adam letting Eric put makeup on him was sort of sweet... it was his gift to Eric, who is very "out there" with his flamboyance. It was Eric's deal, not Adam's... and later offered the thought of going out in makeup with Eric kindly said, "not really my thing."

by Anonymousreply 16September 25, 2021 1:36 AM

The Eric/Adam relationship was sweet but the new ‘non binary’ character was awful and made me want to side with the evil headmistress

by Anonymousreply 17September 28, 2021 7:28 AM

Apparently, supper sexy Connor Swindells is featured on Gay Brit Attitude magazine this month and looks very good with more messy natural hair and in some shots a scooped out tank with hairy chest. There’s also a follow up video from this on the site as well. And if it wasn’t mention Netflix, for the first time in a long while, has actually renewed it for season four.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 28, 2021 7:39 AM

I absolutely loved his portrayal as Adam r18. He showed the machismo that is expected in young men, yet the vulnerability of understanding that he may not be who he thought he SHOULD BE.

i felt worked through all the angst that a working class young man would feel admitting he had not only feelings for men but also for both men and women. he did a great job and I really enjoyed his scenes. And i'll admit at least one of his scenes made me tear up. Hope he keeps going and I think he has a bright future ahead of him.

by Anonymousreply 19September 28, 2021 8:12 AM

I liked the series, but for me it could have ended on a good note with the second season.

The third season wasn't terrible, but only because if a certain affection for some characters, good and bad. The added themes came at a loss to some established characters, like Otis who seemed lost at the periphery to ricochet around now and then without much purpose, The big drama of Jean Milburn's pregnancy and near death painted her as an interestingly (or rather less interestingly) saintly character. It had its moments of course, I don't regret watching it at all, but its energy has wound down too fresh, its freshness gone stale. Sorry to hear that about a fourth season: having gone out at Season 2 would have been best

by Anonymousreply 20September 28, 2021 8:13 AM

I’m quite happy for a fourth season. But that last episode was way too ‘gotcha’, with too many cliff hangers.

Who’s baby daddy?

Will Jakob stay daddy if he’s not daddy?

Maeve stays in communication with Otis?

Adam and Eric rekindle?

School sells?

Awful headmistress gets preggers or not?

Headmaster Geoff saves the school?

Maureen and he get back togethe

Too many loose ends!

by Anonymousreply 21October 1, 2021 11:42 AM

This show is so weird. The hybrid British/American setting is so uncanny it makes me want to puke.

by Anonymousreply 22October 1, 2021 12:20 PM

I just finished three last night. The last episode felt like it could have been the final episode but I see it's been renewed for series four. That should probably be it. They are getting a bit long in the tooth.

Overall I love the boldness of the show as it relates to young people and sex. I love the effortless integration of the races. It feels natural and unforced. When it comes to sex and race the show is entirely unselfconscious. I have always felt that what is always called racism is actually more prejudice, that prejudice comes from ignorance of one another, and that one thing media can do well is create familiarity.

Sometimes the writing is amazing. To effectively tell a story of sexual assault without having to go for the extreme violence was pretty intelligent and novel since drama always goes for the worst case. I thought two episodes in particular - the abortion in series 1 and the episode where the girls rallied around Aimee in series 2 - were true excellence.

I find the writers have a knack for making every character relatable and you can root for almost all of them. Even the motivations of the nasty head teacher were understandable and illustrated - she wasn't just the necessary villain. But I found her writing inconsistent. The IVF story was unproductive. Her demise was wide of the mark. I thought the story was about her imposition of fascism, not her suppression of sex.

I didn't realize Gillian Anderson talks like Margaret Thatcher all the time.

Overall, I haven't enjoyed a show this much in a long time. It is not perfect but it's excellent and I seldom laugh out loud as consistently as I have with this one.

by Anonymousreply 23October 1, 2021 12:45 PM

[quote] Her demise was wide of the mark. I thought the story was about her imposition of fascism, not her suppression of sex.

I agree. I also thought it weird that none of the students, even the one locked in a room prior to the assembly, brought up the increasingly abusive demands of the Head Teacher. And why not make her rant public? The storyline floundered in the end which was disappointing.

Like you r23, I greatly enjoy this show. Looking forward to the 4th season. Do I see an Adam/Rahim pairing on the horizon?

by Anonymousreply 24October 1, 2021 1:23 PM

^ Yes, I wondered.

by Anonymousreply 25October 1, 2021 1:26 PM

I’m hoping the baby is Jean and Jakob’s…. Howeberthe plit twist would make for more drama.

He dies have a vasectomy, sooooo…..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 1, 2021 3:47 PM

*does

by Anonymousreply 27October 1, 2021 3:47 PM

I couldn't guess who else the baby might belong to. She didn't have sex with the ex-husband and I don't think she had sex with the curly headed guy recently enough for them to be the father? (Although curly hair, who was in The Crown as Parker, did surface randomly for the scene that triggered Jakob's suspicions.) Seems a bit lazy to slip in an unknown contender.

by Anonymousreply 28October 1, 2021 3:49 PM

So why haven’t we seen the third season of Derry Girls (six 30 minute episodes) when Sex Education managed to put out an eight episode season of one hour episodes??!?

For feck’s sake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 2, 2021 4:19 AM

I finished season three last night. I really think this is a great show. Smart writing, a very diverse cast of well rounded characters, consistently good acting.

And of course I’m in love with Adam.

Imagine if young gay kids (or trans kids or disabled kids) had this to watch growing up rather than the crap that anyone over 30 watched.

by Anonymousreply 30October 3, 2021 5:30 PM

Agree with everyone who thinks Connor Swindells is hot, talented and has a great future ahead of him.

I found this latest season a bit of a slog at times. Part of the problem is a much-too-large cast and the attempt to service far too many characters. Why are we still focusing on Adam's estranged parents years later? They're peripheral characters, and I'd rather spend time with Otis, Jean, Maeve, Eric, Adam, etc. Otis seemed to be an afterthought this season and Jean's pregnancy was both somewhat unbelievable and detracted from her dynamic with her son.

But yes, I could watch a full hour of Gillian Anderson and be blissfully happy.

by Anonymousreply 31October 10, 2021 12:13 AM

Alistair Petrie’s real life twin sons had bit parts in Season 3.

I haven’t watched a single episode of Girls, so this is the first time I’ve seen Jemima Kirk in anything. I thought she was really great playing an often tricky character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 10, 2021 12:28 AM

Adam and his father are pretty amazing father/son casting. They have the same nose.

I wish they would give Anwar some character development. The girls in the Untouchables have gotten some character development, but Anwar is just the mean, nasty faggot who didn't know how to douche.

by Anonymousreply 33October 10, 2021 12:41 AM

The show has been renewed for a 4th season.

by Anonymousreply 34October 10, 2021 2:10 AM

Lino Facioli (Dex) is a cutie. I enjoyed his streaking scene very much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35October 10, 2021 7:34 PM

R33, yes, it’s remarkable, not just physiognomy but mannerisms.

by Anonymousreply 36October 12, 2021 4:46 PM

What do we know about Lino? Besides that he's of legal age.

by Anonymousreply 37November 17, 2021 10:30 PM

I think Adam and Rahim will pair up but more interesting will be how Michael, Adam's dad, will react to him being gay. Who knows, Michael might even realize that he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 38November 17, 2021 10:51 PM

Adam's dad should get it on with Gillian Anderson's baby daddy.

by Anonymousreply 39November 17, 2021 11:38 PM

I actually looked up to see if the actors who play Adam and his father are related in real life because they look so much alike. And it’s not just their looks! Even their facial expressions and other mannerisms are identical.

Also, who else thought Hope would be a match for Dolores Umbridge?

by Anonymousreply 40December 1, 2021 1:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!