Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Gayest Week In TV History?

Late September, 1976.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 6, 2022 5:19 AM

Of course some homophobic critic had to call it “The Year of the Fag”. God forbid gays should have anything.

by Anonymousreply 1September 20, 2021 2:32 AM

This idiot sure does like saying the q word all the time.

I wonder if all of this was the gay Hollywood mafia trying to help the dems get elected in the '76 prez year.

by Anonymousreply 2September 20, 2021 6:52 PM

The gay in op’s video is too close to its subject matter.

by Anonymousreply 3September 20, 2021 7:25 PM

I'm sorry, but Alice was wrong to let Tommy go fishing with a man she hasn't known for any length of time. When the guy says "If I were straight, would you trust me with your 12 year old daughter?" the answer should have been "no way!"

There were so many better angles they could have taken with the gay story. One of Flo's exes could have come out and we could have watched an adult deal with another adult, instead of unnecessarily adding Tommy into the story. Was one of the writers grooming children for abuse and thought this episode would encourage parents to let down their guard?

It was a creepy, wrong message, as we often see we look back at these "very special episodes" through today's lens.

by Anonymousreply 4September 20, 2021 11:31 PM

But, R4, Mel also went on that fishing trip. It was perfectly reasonable that Alice would trust Mel as a chaperone.

by Anonymousreply 5September 21, 2021 1:54 PM

December 29, 1952 was the gayest week in TV history, OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 21, 2021 1:59 PM

Matt Baum is crazy enthusiastic about all his subjects, watch the recent ones on how the Black Gay guy in the Mannequin movies is the real hero, not the cute straight white guys.

by Anonymousreply 7September 21, 2021 2:25 PM

No thanks r7. I have sufficient after seeing him gush in op’s video.

by Anonymousreply 8September 21, 2021 9:34 PM

Dynasty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 6, 2022 4:58 AM

R5 but he gave Tommy beer, so he was one cool gay!

by Anonymousreply 10May 6, 2022 5:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!