Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I think Covid is almost completely over in šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø

Itā€™s dying out . Rejoice! We will have a Halloween šŸŽƒ, Thanksgiving and Christmas šŸŽ„ like normal . What a blessing. Hold on just a little longer .

by Anonymousreply 143September 21, 2021 7:30 PM

Oops, I forgot to sign my post.

by Anonymousreply 1September 20, 2021 12:35 AM

^That ain't all sweets.

by Anonymousreply 2September 20, 2021 12:57 AM

OP = DJT, September 2020

by Anonymousreply 3September 20, 2021 1:00 AM

So, itā€™s here to stay? How much longer?

by Anonymousreply 4September 20, 2021 1:02 AM

Itā€™s over for me. Iā€™m vaxed. I wear a mask and social distance if itā€™s required. Other than that, Iā€™m back to living my life.

by Anonymousreply 5September 20, 2021 1:02 AM

Iā€™m fully vaccinated and only wear a mask when itā€™s imposed upon me.

by Anonymousreply 6September 20, 2021 1:03 AM

[quote] We will have a Halloween šŸŽƒ, Thanksgiving and Christmas šŸŽ„ like normal.

Do you mean 2022 or 2023?

by Anonymousreply 7September 20, 2021 1:08 AM

I'm fully vaxed, always masked in public and still experiencing Jennifer Aniston levels of paranoia about this shit.

by Anonymousreply 8September 20, 2021 1:09 AM

[Quote]We will have a Halloween šŸŽƒ, Thanksgiving and Christmas šŸŽ„ like normal

America has already returned to normal. People have been living their lives.

by Anonymousreply 9September 20, 2021 1:10 AM

Actually it's here to stay and I wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't the end of our species.

by Anonymousreply 10September 20, 2021 1:11 AM

I've already forgotten about it. It's old news. Don't even carry a mask with me.

by Anonymousreply 11September 20, 2021 1:14 AM

It will pick back up again after Halloween, just like last year. I am vaxxed, but will probably start feeling better about things after I get a booster.

by Anonymousreply 12September 20, 2021 1:17 AM

R9 And dying their deaths.

by Anonymousreply 13September 20, 2021 1:28 AM

šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø is over COVID-19

by Anonymousreply 14September 20, 2021 1:33 AM

[quote] Actually it's here to stay and I wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't the end of our species.

Retarded. Yes, itā€™s here to stay, butā€¦ ā€œthe end of our speciesā€? Oy fucking vey. Read a little on this topic if youā€™re so paranoid about it. Youā€™ll find out that no one who has any significant understanding about Covid-19 thinks it will END THE SPECIES.

by Anonymousreply 15September 20, 2021 1:42 AM

In addition to being masked and vaccinated Iā€™ve been getting tested every other week at a mobile unit in my hood. Takes 5 mins and gives me peace of mind.

by Anonymousreply 16September 20, 2021 1:50 AM

Thatā€™s paranoia, R16. I mean, Iā€™m glad you have that available to you, to give yourself peace of mind, but jeez. Thereā€™s a reason why the government wants employers to either require vaccination OR force testing, and not both.

by Anonymousreply 17September 20, 2021 1:52 AM

[quote] Retarded. Yes, itā€™s here to stay, butā€¦ ā€œthe end of our speciesā€?

Yeah, mankind survived the truly horrendous bubonic plague, smallpox, etc. Covid is obviously terrible and is doing/has done damage, but it's also important to put things into perspective.

by Anonymousreply 18September 20, 2021 1:52 AM

[quote]šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø is over COVID-19

But is COVID-19 over šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø ?

by Anonymousreply 19September 20, 2021 1:53 AM

They lauded the vaccine as a key to resuming life with no more worry. Now they say the vaccine is only good for keeping you out of hospital and dead. The vast majority of people who got covid last year didnā€™t die and avoided the hospital šŸ„

by Anonymousreply 20September 20, 2021 1:56 AM

People who express themselves in emojis are, shall we say, not reliable voices on public health.

by Anonymousreply 21September 20, 2021 2:00 AM

The vaccine still does prevent infection to a degree. Not as well as it did during the alpha period, but it does reduce infection and transmission by about 50% compared to an unvaccinated cohort.

by Anonymousreply 22September 20, 2021 2:02 AM

R22, covid in 2020 was not that serious for average person

by Anonymousreply 23September 20, 2021 2:05 AM

Duh, covid changed r20. We now have a new version of the virus, so the initial data on the vaccines doesn't apply to the new variant. Thankfully even with delta the vaccines do give you more protection against being infected and significantly more protection against hospitalization.

by Anonymousreply 24September 20, 2021 2:06 AM

R24, wait till the next super spreader variant hits you smug fuck

by Anonymousreply 25September 20, 2021 2:08 AM

I agree. Itā€™s over!!

by Anonymousreply 26September 20, 2021 2:15 AM

People are done !

by Anonymousreply 27September 20, 2021 2:20 AM

R20 and 23 help persuade me that the deplorables are fundamentally uneducable. Fortunately the majority are sick and tired of being held hostage to their ignorance and support vaccination mandates so we can finally get this thing under control.

by Anonymousreply 28September 20, 2021 2:20 AM

Vaccines donā€™t eradicate covid R28

by Anonymousreply 29September 20, 2021 2:21 AM

r20 thinks the hospitals full of the unbreathing Covid patients are imaginary because he's not currently one of them.

She sounds like a real thinking man's Log Cabinette.

by Anonymousreply 30September 20, 2021 2:27 AM

Iā€™m worried about what diseases may come at us next. The human race didnā€™t do a great job of handling COVID how would we all react with something worse?

by Anonymousreply 31September 20, 2021 2:28 AM

ā€œsuper spreader variantā€ LOL

by Anonymousreply 32September 20, 2021 2:29 AM

i am curious what the holidays will be like this year. Are people going to get together? It seems worse than last year.

by Anonymousreply 33September 20, 2021 2:31 AM

Iā€™m going to my parents r33. I didnā€™t travel last year but everyone else sure did. Weā€™ve all had our vaccinations so Iā€™m not worried.

by Anonymousreply 34September 20, 2021 2:33 AM

People will full on celebrate the holidays this year. It will be bigger than ever

by Anonymousreply 35September 20, 2021 2:36 AM

Why does it seem worse this year? Itā€™s only bad for the unvaccinated, and they donā€™t give a fuck, either.

by Anonymousreply 36September 20, 2021 2:38 AM

Imagine what the US would have done with an Ebola outbreak. The death cult would have made sure everyone got it.

by Anonymousreply 37September 20, 2021 2:51 AM

Covid in 2020 wasn't that bad? WASN'T THAT BAD?

Are you out of your fucking mind? At least 400,000 Americans dead in less than a year. Have you forgotten the bulldozer pushing bodies into mass graves? We had them. That actually happened. The cold storage trucks filled with overflow bodies from hospitals and morgues? (Guess what, they're BACK) All the sickness and death that didn't need to happen but did because of Donald fucking Trump? That happened. Mask shortages, PPE shortages, ventilator shortages, ring any bells? ICU wards with more and faster deaths than our medical personnel had ever seen - that happened.

You people with your bizarre amnesia freak me out.

by Anonymousreply 38September 20, 2021 3:12 AM

I get your point, R38, but the poster to whom you were responding likely meant that the vast majority of people who got it in 2020 did not die and did not become hospitalized. Yes, half a million is a lot of deaths in one year, but ā€¦ there are over 328 million people in this country. 674k have died. That works out to 0.2% of the US pop. whoā€™ve died of Covid to date, up to the present day. Most were elderly and obese.

Please note I am not saying they deserved to die, just that the average person in this country did not die from it.

by Anonymousreply 39September 20, 2021 3:18 AM

You're insane, r39, minimizing this fucking horror show we've been through.

Jesus fucking Christ, how many would have had to die for it to have really been "bad" in your fucked up opinion?

If everyone who died had been under 40 and thin then would it have been bad?

Ugh. You're fucking retarded and disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 40September 20, 2021 3:25 AM

Youā€™re putting a lot of words in my mouth, R40. Didnā€™t mean to upset you and wasnā€™t trying to minimize Covid. Just putting the numbers out there.

Maybe have a glass of pinot grigio, go to bed. So what?

by Anonymousreply 41September 20, 2021 3:36 AM

Pinot Grigio?

Fuck off and die in grease fire, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 42September 20, 2021 3:39 AM

R42, is unhinged

by Anonymousreply 43September 20, 2021 3:40 AM

LOL. I admire the ferocity and derangement.

by Anonymousreply 44September 20, 2021 3:43 AM

There are a lot of DLers who think being vaxxed means they won't get it, it's kind of weird.

Everyone should get vaxxed. That doesn't mean the vaccine makes you immune to it.

by Anonymousreply 45September 20, 2021 3:57 AM

So wear masks and sociallly distant for ever r 45?

by Anonymousreply 46September 20, 2021 3:59 AM

For people who experience a breakthrough infection, the vast majority of those will be mild or asymptomatic. That might be why the fully vaccinated arenā€™t particularly worried.

Breakthrough infections also arenā€™t particularly common, despite their increase in the age of Delta, and despite all the people on social media who say 8 of their friends got breakthrough infections. I live in ā€œhot spotā€ NYC, I take about 20 rides on public transit every week, I didnā€™t wear my mask in grocery stores when the mask mandate was lifted at the end of May, and somehow I havenā€™t experienced a breakthrough infection. It could happen, I realize, which is why I am wearing my mask again in supermarkets even when itā€™s not required (there are 2 big grocery stores in my neighborhood in Brooklyn that have *not* reintroduced mask requirements).

But Iā€™m not scared of Covid. And Iā€™m sick of wearing the fucking mask. The humidity is relentless and I canā€™t stand my hot breath steaming up my face. Enough already.

by Anonymousreply 47September 20, 2021 4:03 AM

Sober up, r46.

by Anonymousreply 48September 20, 2021 4:03 AM

Fun fact: as of this week the US will have more COVID deaths than people who died of the 1918 Spanish flu.

by Anonymousreply 49September 20, 2021 4:09 AM

Oh, but Covid wasn't that bad, r49, haven't you heard?

It only killed 650,000 (at least) in the US so far and only 4,550,000 million worldwide! Practically nothing!

Also many of the people were old and/or fat so that makes their deaths less... um.. deadly.

A mere bagatelle.

by Anonymousreply 50September 20, 2021 4:17 AM

Most were old and/or fat. Not ā€œmany,ā€ but MOST. I realize youā€™re in that demographic, R50, so youā€™re really angry and scared and lashing out, but that doesnā€™t change the data.

by Anonymousreply 51September 20, 2021 4:20 AM

You don't actually know anyone who was killed by Covid, do you R51?

Thought not.

by Anonymousreply 52September 20, 2021 4:23 AM

Dismissing COVID deaths because "most were old or fat" is kind of psychotic.

Immediately screaming "die cunt die" because someone disagrees with you doesn't exactly scream "sanity," either.

I don't know why we have to go through this shit on DL every fucking day. People say stupid stuff about the vaccine, someone goes into full emotional meltdown, someone else says stupid things just to push their buttons, and it goes on for an hour. How do you have this much free time? Go wash a dish or something, damn.

by Anonymousreply 53September 20, 2021 4:28 AM

Really? It's over?

by Anonymousreply 54September 20, 2021 4:30 AM

[quote]Really? It's over?

Down to 2,000 deaths in the US per day! Practically nothing!

by Anonymousreply 55September 20, 2021 4:32 AM

The internal organ damage that people who get the virus and survive, is that over too?

by Anonymousreply 56September 20, 2021 4:32 AM

So what are your predictions for fall/ early winter ?

by Anonymousreply 57September 20, 2021 5:09 AM

*mocking* I think Covid is almost over! šŸ¤”

by Anonymousreply 58September 20, 2021 5:13 AM

No one is dismissing the Covid deaths.

by Anonymousreply 59September 20, 2021 5:14 AM

Oh no no, not *dismissing* them, heavens no!

But they were old and/or fat so it's not actually much of a loss more of a half-loss at best. It's not as if they were younger or thinner, that would be a real loss and those would be real deaths. I think we can all agree on this.

by Anonymousreply 60September 20, 2021 5:20 AM

Everyone forgets that the regular flu kills hundred of thousand of people in the US every year.

by Anonymousreply 61September 20, 2021 7:33 AM

Take a look at the difference in data between areas where most are vaccinated and areas where few are. The latter is where covid is still raging (in some cases worse than ever, with healthcare crises in ID, AL, LA, etc.). I reiterate that vaccination is the way to keep covid under control and stop the pandemic (NO, not stamp out covid entirely, which is probably impossible, but stop it spreading as a pandemic). It's the stubborn, substantial minority of anti-vaxxers who are keeping us from getting there. Anyone who thinks "Covid is almost completely over" in the country is a troll pure and simple.

by Anonymousreply 62September 20, 2021 11:43 AM

Letā€™s dismiss them if they refused the vaccine. It will save the taxpayers money. ā€˜Conservativesā€ like this.

by Anonymousreply 63September 20, 2021 11:50 AM

[quote] A mere bagatelle.

A what now?

by Anonymousreply 64September 20, 2021 12:14 PM

NYC has a very high vaccination rate, I think around 70%, and pretty high mask compliance if my personal observations are correct. For instance the vast majority of people remain masked in the subways . It is also almost universal now to go unmasked outdoors. Continued indoor masking and a few other restrictions are annoying but it feels ALMOST normal here. Which shows what a high rate of vaccination can accomplish stupid Mississippi and West Virginia.

Will I get a moderate case of Delta? Maybe and that would not be pleasant. Hopefully I won't or will get a mild case. Which is what vaccines provide.

by Anonymousreply 65September 20, 2021 12:17 PM

I love wearing masks. Always loved how they do it in Asia. I hope masks are here to stay permanently.

by Anonymousreply 66September 20, 2021 12:26 PM

R8,

This isnā€™t going to mean much coming from some anonymous dude on here, but please try to relax. I know itā€™s not easy. Trust me, I had to work as an essential worker through this entire pandemic right from the start. Fortunately, I never got it.

Now that youā€™re vaccinated, there is very, very little for you to worry about. If you were in that exceptionally small percentage who contracted it in spite of being vaccinated, the chances of you even getting just mildly ill are low.

Iā€™m not saying live your life with abandon and take no precautions anymore, but take it from someone who was virtually paralyzed with fear over this whole thing. Since the vaccines, Iā€™ve breathed a heavy sigh of relief (not on anyone though). I hope you can do the same.

by Anonymousreply 67September 20, 2021 12:26 PM

Weā€™re about to find out the long-term efficacy of the vaccines over the next few months. Letā€™s put down the celebratory champagne at least until we find that out.

by Anonymousreply 68September 20, 2021 12:39 PM

Whatā€™s with the fucking emojis? Are you a teenage girl?

by Anonymousreply 69September 20, 2021 12:45 PM

Emoji šŸ¤” emoji šŸ˜· emoji ā˜ ļø

by Anonymousreply 70September 20, 2021 2:02 PM

It's almost completely over...for YOU, maybe, heheheheh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71September 20, 2021 2:05 PM

The US has 27% of all the daily cases in the world! That's practically nothing!

by Anonymousreply 72September 20, 2021 2:07 PM

Lots of breakthrough cases among the vaccinated

by Anonymousreply 73September 20, 2021 2:07 PM

R38 You do know that the Hong Kong flu of 68 69 was way worse with over 4 times as many deaths but we did not have the fear media pushing it on us day and night. No lockdowns, no masks.

by Anonymousreply 74September 20, 2021 2:14 PM

People are becoming more skeptical about this virus and the efficacy of vaccines. A lot of people are wary of more shots

by Anonymousreply 75September 20, 2021 2:16 PM

R75 Did someone say shots?

by Anonymousreply 76September 20, 2021 2:28 PM

[quote] Lots of breakthrough cases among the vaccinated

Oh shut the fuck up

by Anonymousreply 77September 20, 2021 2:30 PM

[quote] Weā€™re about to find out the long-term efficacy of the vaccines over the next few months. Letā€™s put down the celebratory champagne at least until we find that out.

What do you mean, ā€œweā€™re about toā€? We already know. They wane dramatically after about 8 months. We saw this in Israel first and now weā€™re seeing it here, which is why a third shot is necessary.

by Anonymousreply 78September 20, 2021 2:32 PM

To clarify for those who think Covid=seasonal flu deaths ... The CDC estimates that an average of 36,000 people died of the flu each year over the past decade. The worst recent flu season was 2017-2018, when 61,000 people died from the flu.

by Anonymousreply 79September 20, 2021 2:39 PM

The next wave will be set into motion by a specific breed of American. Have there been any studies devoted to the anti-Covid capabilities of Buffalo wings and ranch dressing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80September 20, 2021 2:58 PM

Fewer older unhealthy people on Medicare/Medicaid, that means more for the rest of us!

by Anonymousreply 81September 20, 2021 2:58 PM

It really isn't dying out (yet). Cases and deaths are both still high worldwide as well as in the USA at the moment. Have you even looked at the facts, OP?

by Anonymousreply 82September 20, 2021 2:59 PM

Op is a stupid ass

by Anonymousreply 83September 20, 2021 3:01 PM

[quote]Now that youā€™re vaccinated, there is very, very little for you to worry about. If you were in that exceptionally small percentage who contracted it in spite of being vaccinated, the chances of you even getting just mildly ill are low.

It's not an exceptionally small percentage. The vaccines aren't as effective against Delta. The efficacy rate of Pfizer is 79% right now for those vaccinated in April.

I don't know who on DL keeps making it sound like you're fine once you get vaccinated, but you might not be. That's not a reason to panic but I also don't see any reason to lie about it.

by Anonymousreply 84September 20, 2021 3:03 PM

[quote] So wear masks and sociallly distant for ever r 45?

Things are never going back to the way they were. It will probably take a few years for everyone to grasp that. People will need to get an annual Covid vaccine going forward and, yes, masks and social distancing are here to stay to some degree. The world has changed forever.

by Anonymousreply 85September 20, 2021 3:06 PM

I think COVID is going to be a risk people will be willing to take when they want to socialize at big events. It will become part of normal life to remain vaccinated and, if symptoms occur, to pop some more pills to keep the worst from happening.

The media will move on to the next crisis and COVID related deaths won't get as much coverage than before for the sake of the (global) economy.

by Anonymousreply 86September 20, 2021 3:12 PM

Iā€™m a stupid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 87September 20, 2021 3:21 PM

[quote] yes, masks and social distancing are here to stay to some degree. The world has changed forever.

Wrong.

by Anonymousreply 88September 20, 2021 3:34 PM

[quote]Yeah, mankind survived the truly horrendous bubonic plague, smallpox, etc. Covid is obviously terrible and is doing/has done damage, but it's also important to put things into perspective.

Yes indeed - perspective. Bubonic plague and smallpox did not happen at a time when the planet is literally starting to burn up from global warming. One of the biggest contributors to climate change is animal agriculture, but the media largely ignores this and instead only focuses on fossil fuels, fracking, oil drilling, etc. Humans will never learn and will continue to consume animal products in greater quantities. To predict that yet another zoonotic virus will affect humans in our lifetime is almost certain. This planet and this human race are fucked.

by Anonymousreply 89September 20, 2021 3:52 PM

R78 - compare vaccination rates between the two countries and the fact that boosters arenā€™t widely available in the US. We know what the potential is based on Israel, but that wonā€™t likely be reality for the US, or at least for large parts of it.

by Anonymousreply 90September 20, 2021 3:54 PM

Masks are over for me until the vaccines stop working which is just speculation and fear mongering right now.

by Anonymousreply 91September 20, 2021 4:00 PM

R89 is a vegan nut. Are they aware they did animal testing on this vaccine?

by Anonymousreply 92September 20, 2021 4:49 PM

Heh heh heh

by Anonymousreply 93September 20, 2021 5:08 PM

r29 yes it does.

by Anonymousreply 94September 20, 2021 5:19 PM

R89 You still think this virus was zoonotic?

by Anonymousreply 95September 20, 2021 5:27 PM

Thank you R67. I know the odds and stats, I'm just a nervous fucking nellie. Got my little supply of 3M N95s and not leaving the house without one. I don't mind masking at all and very much appreciated suffering no seasonal colds or flu last year.

But your post was very kind, thank you again.

by Anonymousreply 96September 20, 2021 6:11 PM

R89 may or may not be a "vegan nut" but they're right. Industrial agriculture is a perfect scenario for the creation of new and exotic bugs we have no natural defenses against. People can be as mad about this as they want but this very situation has been warned about for years - decades. We're lucky Covid wasn't something much more deadly.

by Anonymousreply 97September 20, 2021 6:14 PM

Although I'm vaccinated, I keep masked up to keep my nieces and nephews safe. Once they get their vaccines, I will relax much more.

by Anonymousreply 98September 20, 2021 6:21 PM

Vaccinated people may get infected with COVID-19 and have no symptoms but may be left with brain fog for an indeterminate amount of time. Of course, people who refuse vaccination already have brain fog.

by Anonymousreply 99September 20, 2021 6:30 PM

Wait...what?!

by Anonymousreply 100September 20, 2021 6:32 PM

Only 1% of those who get infected die!! Enough with this insane covidophobia!!!

by Anonymousreply 101September 20, 2021 6:36 PM

[quote]Only 1% of those who get infected die!! Enough with this insane covidophobia!!!

a. outdated misinformation. Current estimated deaths in US - 1 million, cases - 42M, which comes to 2.5%.

b. That "hey c'mon! Hitler only killed 6 million Jews!" rhetoric isn't nearly as effective a talking point as your troll farm supervisors seem to think it is.

c. 670,000 dead Americans in 2 years is a lot. Which is why you fucking idiots keep pushing those fake percentage numbers.

d. Go drink bleach.

by Anonymousreply 102September 20, 2021 6:57 PM

[quote] Vaccinated people may get infected with COVID-19 and have no symptoms but may be left with brain fog for an indeterminate amount of time.

You may be right.

I donā€™t remember.

by Anonymousreply 103September 20, 2021 7:07 PM

R102, it's futile arguing with these nutjobs. The "only 1%" line has been around since the beginning, and it ignores the many, many problems short of death: missing work, clogging up hospitals and doctors' offices, passing on new cases, just plain feeling horrible for a couple of weeks, etc. But there's no arguing with the fools and trolls.

by Anonymousreply 104September 20, 2021 7:35 PM

Despite all the advances of the past 103 years, the U.S. death toll from COVID has now surpassed that of the 1918 flu pandemic:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105September 20, 2021 8:18 PM

I'm certainly fine with masks at the doctor's office and hospitals, it should be required from now on forever. I mean, both places are SEETHING with sick people coughing and gagging, it should have always been like that.

And for god's sake, take those children's out of the offices, was that ever a good idea?!!!!

by Anonymousreply 106September 20, 2021 8:42 PM

The brain fog, and most long Covid claims, rests on weak evidence. You will have brain fog is really antivaxx claims people! It's a claim that the vaccines don't work.

by Anonymousreply 107September 20, 2021 8:59 PM

[quote] a. outdated misinformation. Current estimated deaths in US - 1 million, cases - 42M, which comes to 2.5%.

You canā€™t extrapolate that percentage from that data because we only know that 42 million have tested positive. There are certainly many more who have had it but weā€™re asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic and didnā€™t bother getting tested. So the number of people in the US who have had it is certainly greater than 42 million, which brings that death percentage down, likely much closer to 1% than 2.5%.

By the way, this is GOOD news. Itā€™s only bad news if youā€™re the sort of person who prefers your news to be as grim as possible, for whatever reason.

Remember: when the vaccine was first rolled out in the US, various states were reporting tiny numbers of breakthrough infections. I considered this a great thing, but many people were quick to point out that not everyone was getting tested, and the number of the cases of breakthroughs was likely much larger than had been reported. Well, the same principle holds for the ā€œ42 millionā€ cases.

by Anonymousreply 108September 20, 2021 9:06 PM

^but muh freetums! Murica! Fuck I care bout how muh choices affectin other peephole? Fuck um! Wait, Iā€™m havin some trouble breathin. Help me!!

by Anonymousreply 109September 20, 2021 9:08 PM

Wu to all of you. Itā€™s not over, till the fat lady sings.

by Anonymousreply 110September 20, 2021 9:09 PM

R109, who are you responding to?

by Anonymousreply 111September 20, 2021 9:13 PM

I'm so done with it.

by Anonymousreply 112September 20, 2021 9:14 PM

So are we.

by Anonymousreply 113September 20, 2021 9:16 PM

Can I have your stuff, OP?

by Anonymousreply 114September 20, 2021 9:24 PM

[quote] Itā€™s not over, till the fat lady sings.

Someone call Chrissy.

by Anonymousreply 115September 20, 2021 9:25 PM

These people thought COVID was over too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116September 20, 2021 9:29 PM

Republicans: do not get the vaccine. It doesn't work on conservatives. If you get Covid, don't go to a hospital. They will not do the treatments you want. Stay at home and take ivermectin.

Everyone else: get the vaccine ASAP if you haven't already.

by Anonymousreply 117September 20, 2021 9:39 PM

Percentage of positive results seem to be up, no?

Maybe there is just less testing.

by Anonymousreply 118September 20, 2021 9:42 PM

I've noticed in the NY Times daily graph that the number of new cases has been trending down most recently but deaths continue to trend up.

Delta is hitting the unvaxed and killing them badly is how I'd interpret it. Any other interpretation?

by Anonymousreply 119September 20, 2021 9:46 PM

R108 I agree. I basically ignore the case numbers for that reason. I've never taken a covid test myself although I am vaccinated of course.

by Anonymousreply 120September 20, 2021 9:47 PM

Goodbye Covid, hello orgies!

by Anonymousreply 121September 20, 2021 9:49 PM

Wait until it starts getting cold out next month.

by Anonymousreply 122September 20, 2021 9:55 PM

So what are we meant to do? Wear a mask forever? Socially distance eternally? Stay home unless absolutely necessary? Iā€™m not down for any of that.

by Anonymousreply 123September 20, 2021 10:02 PM

R119 Seems like it. If you look at the deaths per population, red states are currently moving up the rankings; they're the ones keeping deaths and cases high. A bunch of blue states were originally hit harder because they're more densely populated and have global travel hubs but red states with a higher % of anti-vaxxers were never going to escape it. I think everyone is going to have to get it at some point, just that the vaccine helps to stop severe cases.

by Anonymousreply 124September 20, 2021 10:14 PM

Well, where isā€¦.

Oh, wait.

by Anonymousreply 125September 20, 2021 10:45 PM

Going by total Covid deaths per population, the worst hit state is currently Mississippi, which has overtaken New Jersey for that spot. Louisiana has overtaken New York, while Alabama is currently in fifth place.

by Anonymousreply 126September 20, 2021 10:52 PM

[quote] So what are we meant to do? Wear a mask forever? Socially distance eternally? Stay home unless absolutely necessary? Iā€™m not down for any of that.

As I said up thread, mask-wearing and social-distancing will be necessary at least seasonally or in times of heightened community spread going forward. Also, annual vaccines/boosters much like the flu shot. The masking and social distancing will be important because a significant portion of the population will not submit to an annual vaccine. Things are never going to be the way they were before ever again. Covid will be with us forever.

by Anonymousreply 127September 20, 2021 10:56 PM

^^^^Only you will be masking r117, I will not wear a mask unless made too, people need to do the right thing or die, it's really that simple.

by Anonymousreply 128September 20, 2021 11:28 PM

[quote]Everyone forgets that the regular flu kills hundred of thousand of people in the US every year.

You know you can look these things up. The average number of flu deaths in the US per year is under 34,000. Hardly the "hundreds of thousands" you claim. Back to your Ivermectin protocol, Mary!

by Anonymousreply 129September 20, 2021 11:50 PM

R129, the vaccinated donā€™t have to worry about death or hospitalization.

by Anonymousreply 130September 21, 2021 12:14 AM

R130 Only about NOT being hospitalized, because all the beds are taken up by unvaccinated morons.

by Anonymousreply 131September 21, 2021 12:47 AM

R131, huh?

by Anonymousreply 132September 21, 2021 12:53 AM

Yahoo!

by Anonymousreply 133September 21, 2021 12:59 AM

Covid will die out everywhere but the US, CNN will not allow it to die. They will invent new strains for ratings.

by Anonymousreply 134September 21, 2021 8:39 AM

[quote] I will not wear a mask unless made too,

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 135September 21, 2021 11:47 AM

[quote] Covid will die out everywhere but the US, CNN will not allow it to die.

You, sir, are a moron.

by Anonymousreply 136September 21, 2021 11:51 AM

R136 you sir are dumber than dirt.

by Anonymousreply 137September 21, 2021 2:27 PM

At least I know how to use commas, you FUCKING moron.

by Anonymousreply 138September 21, 2021 2:37 PM

I think people want to keep Covid hysteria going to control others. Itā€™s an excuse to be a bully

by Anonymousreply 139September 21, 2021 4:13 PM

[quote] I think people want to keep Covid hysteria going to control others.

Or... It remains a real threat and idiots like you are trying to distract from that threat for some stupid reason.

by Anonymousreply 140September 21, 2021 4:15 PM

Don't you love how the rubes have all fallen for our reverse psychology ploy? We knew they would do the opposite of what we, the educated and intelligent, said to do so we hatched a plan. In order to kill off as many hicks and rubes as we could, we told you to wear masks knowing, the whole time, that you dumb rubes would do the exact opposite and end up killing yourselves en masse. Thanks for doing exactly what we wanted you to do all along.

by Anonymousreply 141September 21, 2021 6:17 PM

The case numbers and % positive are kind of meaningless, to me at least, since not everyone gets tested. We'll never know the true infection rate among the population as a whole.

Even the death statistics may not be accurate, because someone's death could be recorded officially as from some cause other than covid; for example the comorbidity could be written as the actual cause of death.

Or people could die of covid without ever knowing for certain they had it. And some actively deny they have it, even when diagnosed with it.

There are people who will never mask, never distance socially and certainly will never submit to a vaccine. They will just continue to spread the virus and clog up the hospitals.

by Anonymousreply 142September 21, 2021 7:27 PM

No, R142, all covid deaths have been accurately recorded. There were surprisingly few!

by Anonymousreply 143September 21, 2021 7:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!