Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are there any items you use a specific brand or specific item within a brand only?

I am a Persil detergent user, and I can’t get myself to use anything else. It used to be Tide, or Kirkland from Costco but over the last few years I only use Persil. I love it, I trust it, I can’t live with another brand.

The issue is that I have always used the regular one despite the fact I’ve always had sensitive skin so I need sensitive detergent, but I hate detergent for sensitive skin because I feel it doesn’t clean as well. Also, none of the stores around me sell Persil Free & Sensitive and Amazon was out of it, so I keep using the regular then end up with itchy irritated skin. I finally decided to stop being a bitch and bought Arm & Hammer’s version because it was so cheap (I got it for $6!) and it has great reviews.

I hate it. I couldn’t deal. Maybe I have a form of OCD?

I then bought the Tide version, paid $13 for it, and again, hate it. So I went back to Amazon and saw the Persil version was back in stock!!! Only 3 left! So I made sure to buy it on the spot, and it’s here.

Sometimes, it’s the small things that make us happy.

Is there anything you must have a specific type or brand to?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134September 25, 2021 10:22 PM

Campbell’s Tomato Soup.

by Anonymousreply 1September 18, 2021 10:54 PM

I’m a Persil user and buy it pretty deeply discounted at CVS or on Amazon. I use the Pods and sometimes the liquid with plastic sleeves of refill to reuse the same dispenser bottle.

My ex, a native of the UK, says that Persil is considered a bargain brand there. That surprised me because it is recommended by my expensive washers, Bosch and Miele.

Anyway, it’s a good product. I also really like the Chlorox pods now, because I’m clumsy and spill, and I use bleach on my whites and kitchen towels. I go through a ton of towels in the kitchen since learning to really cook during the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 2September 18, 2021 10:55 PM

DeCecco pasta. It's what I grew up with and really is better quality than Barilla and Ronzoni.

Rao's Marinara. Nothing compares, I stock up when it's on sale.

Sensodyne toothpaste. Other "sensitive" toothpastes just aren't as effective.

Ben & Jerry's vanilla, only vanilla I like.

Swanson's ORGANIC chicken broth. It's the best tasting store bought chicken broth and America's Test Kitchen agrees with me.

by Anonymousreply 3September 18, 2021 10:55 PM

Campbells' tomato soup is shite now. In the 80s it tasted of tomato. Not high end or anything but recognizably tomato. Now it's just bland, vaguely tomato-scented sugar water.

That said, the linked Campbells Stock First product is by far the best store bought stock I have ever tasted and actually rivals homemade in some cases. It easily kicks the ass of anything else (and I've tried everything, including that Better Than Bouillon' stuff which the internet (wrongly) seems to think is passable). It's unfortunately somewhat difficult to find and I stock up whenever I spot it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 18, 2021 11:04 PM

I am almost 100% loyal to the linked detergent. Not sure if it's better than everything out there but it's better than weird generic shit I've tried on holidays and it doesn't reek of Alpine Meadow or Floral Dream (why is laundry detergent so intensely scented? it's so strong you can sometimes ID the brand someone uses just standing next to them)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 18, 2021 11:06 PM

Zendium toothpaste is a goddamn pain in the ass to get in North America (I order from Europe via Amazon) but it solved my bleeding gums where nothing from the drugstore and nothing from the dentist (including Rx strength) did.

by Anonymousreply 6September 18, 2021 11:07 PM

Hellmans mayonnaise, Heinz ketchup, whatever the spreadable tub butter from Ireland at Aldi is labeled.

by Anonymousreply 7September 18, 2021 11:10 PM

You’re OCD, OP.

Get some moisturizer.

by Anonymousreply 8September 18, 2021 11:12 PM

[quote] Campbell’s Tomato Soup.

Disgusting. Full of corn syrup.

by Anonymousreply 9September 18, 2021 11:14 PM

R8 what does moisturizer have to do with anything?

by Anonymousreply 10September 18, 2021 11:30 PM

R7 same with Mayo and ketchup.

by Anonymousreply 11September 18, 2021 11:30 PM

R5 you use the one I bought but I needed Persil.

by Anonymousreply 12September 18, 2021 11:31 PM

R6 I see there are different ones. Which one do you get? I’m about to order

by Anonymousreply 13September 18, 2021 11:33 PM

R13 i actually did a deep dive on 'alternative' toothpastes (oh jesus christ I have become middle aged) and as for the Zendium ones (i.e. a comparison of the varieties, I think there are 3 - the all arounder, the biogum and the sensitive formulas?) I go with the all arounder - it comes in the white with blue tube (the others are white with red and white with green iirc).

If you're trying to sort out bleeding gums and minor dental issues i also switched to the following toothbrushes (there is soft and ultrasoft - go for the ultrasoft):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 18, 2021 11:39 PM

R12 i can't get Persil here or I would try it to do a comparison!

by Anonymousreply 15September 18, 2021 11:40 PM

Dawn detergent

Costco organic chicken stock

Chlorox bleach

Duke's mayonnaise, Blue Plate as a back up

by Anonymousreply 16September 18, 2021 11:40 PM

R14 the top one?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 18, 2021 11:42 PM

Yes R17, the Zendium Complete Protection. Make sure the specific seller you're buying from has good feedback, Amazon's going to shit lately.

Fwiw every few days I brush once with Carifree (long explanation for this but includes an ingredient not seen in most US toothpastes that has been shown via studies to be as effective as fluoride - and is widely used in Japan instead of fluoride - and I just switch it up ever few days).

Also: don't rinse after brushing. Just spit. No rinse.

by Anonymousreply 18September 18, 2021 11:45 PM

Carifree. Again: caveat emptor, Amazon is pretty much the wild fuckin west of consumerism these days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 18, 2021 11:48 PM

Magnum™ XL

by Anonymousreply 20September 18, 2021 11:49 PM

OP have you tried an extra rinse for your clothes? All machines have it, and perhaps a some vinegar in the rinse. There really should be little left on the clothes after a thorough rinse.

by Anonymousreply 21September 18, 2021 11:55 PM

R21 yes but the scent from the detergent fucks with my skin too.

by Anonymousreply 22September 19, 2021 12:00 AM

I don't think you're OCD, it's perfectly reasonable to find a product you like and stick with it.

I use All Free & Clear and much prefer the small 40 oz. concentrated bottles to any other iterations of it. The tabs and the powder are useless. The huge industrial sized bottle doesn't work as well, neither do the Free & Clear varieties with Oxi or other things added to it. I stick with what works.

by Anonymousreply 23September 19, 2021 12:00 AM

R23 thanks. You get it.

My sister uses All detergents. My mother always uses Kirkland.

by Anonymousreply 24September 19, 2021 12:02 AM

OP- I have VERY sensitive skin too and I've been using the Kirkland Signature Liquid Laundry Detergent Ultra Clear Hypoallergenic for at least two years and my sensitive skin likes it.

by Anonymousreply 25September 19, 2021 12:13 AM

R25 oh! Thanks for letting me know. Will look into that one.

by Anonymousreply 26September 19, 2021 12:15 AM

I alternate between two laundry detergents, both of which I get at Target.

Persil Oxi Power discs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 19, 2021 12:18 AM

... and lavender vanilla ECOSNEXT detergent sheets

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 19, 2021 12:19 AM

Dawn dish soap as well.

I like Heinz ketchup, but Hunt's is actually good as well.

by Anonymousreply 29September 19, 2021 12:23 AM

Yes to all Campbells soups. The off brands just aren’t the same.

Tide

Dawn

Puffs tissue

Hellman’s and Miracle Whip

Crest Radiant White toothpaste

by Anonymousreply 30September 19, 2021 12:27 AM

The only cola I drink is Coca-Cola

by Anonymousreply 31September 19, 2021 12:29 AM

I was a Hellman's mayo advocate until I tried Kewpie and now you won't see me using anything else.

by Anonymousreply 32September 19, 2021 12:29 AM

Tilimook extra-sharp cheddar cheese

by Anonymousreply 33September 19, 2021 12:30 AM

I like Hellman’s light Mayo

by Anonymousreply 34September 19, 2021 12:31 AM

Tide, Scott's, and Dawn

by Anonymousreply 35September 19, 2021 12:33 AM

Dawn makes my sponges stink. And don’t say it’s the sponge. I’ve tried throwing it out and using a new one. God knows what chemicals they use in it. Palmolive all the way.

by Anonymousreply 36September 19, 2021 12:39 AM

R36 same. I have a Dawn bottle and my sponges always smell bad. Even new.

by Anonymousreply 37September 19, 2021 12:41 AM

Not the new platinum, orange, green concoctions. Hate all those (and yes, they do leave an odor). I am talking about the original - blue Dawn only.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38September 19, 2021 12:47 AM

Aveeno body wash. I can use it on my face and even as a shampoo.

by Anonymousreply 39September 19, 2021 12:48 AM

R39 I only use their body washes and lotions!

by Anonymousreply 40September 19, 2021 12:50 AM

R36 They've changed the Original Palmolive scent, and not for the better I'm afraid. Lately, every bottle seems to smell different, like they're using up and mixing scents. For awhile, it almost seemed like they had mixed Ylang Ylang and their Murphy's Oil Soap scent... Then there was a concentrated version, still labeled as original with a tutti-fruity bubble gum scent. Madly disappointing.

So very many brands I've liked have changed or have been discontinued, I have very low expectations, and refuse to get attached to brands. My last burn was when Unilever ruined Lever 2000 bar soap, and when Imperial Leather reformulated their bars. Not much brand loyalty left in me.

by Anonymousreply 41September 19, 2021 12:54 AM

Some very tender-to-the-touch bitches on here right now. I condole you and your long suffering.

by Anonymousreply 42September 19, 2021 12:55 AM

Victoria Marinara Sauce. I prefer it over Rao's TBH, but it's just a matter of spices and seasonings, Rao's is solid as well.

It doesn't have any added sugar or starches/flour/thickeners. The ingredient list is incredibly simple. It can also hold up to long slow cooked dishes without scorching or becoming too pasty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43September 19, 2021 1:02 AM

Op, what are you using the pineapple for?

by Anonymousreply 44September 19, 2021 1:06 AM

R3 De Cecco is ok. I used to think dried pasta was all the same until I tried Anna pasta. OMG! LOVE IT! I buy it at my local Italian deli.

by Anonymousreply 45September 19, 2021 1:11 AM

Persil is great, all we use now. Duke’s Mayo.

by Anonymousreply 46September 19, 2021 1:11 AM

Oooops try this link:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 19, 2021 1:12 AM

OP, you should use 7th Generation, or Sun & Earth. They're better than those big name brands that do "free and clear" detergent on the side. Sometimes I just use Ivory soap in the wash as I get reactions to a lot of soaps and I don't to Ivory. Or find a similar dye free fragrance free dish detergent and use that in your wash. Often it's milder than laundry soap.

by Anonymousreply 48September 19, 2021 1:17 AM

Duke's mayo (courtesy of DL recommendations) I love it. I keep meaning to try Kewpie too.

Dawn dishwashing liquid - soak your smelly sponge in some baking soda and water for a few hours or overnight - works like a charm.

Tide laundry soap - it actually gets clothes cleaner

Penzey's spices - fresh and delicious

DeCecco pasta (I buy Garofolo's too sometimes)

Bianco di Napoli canned tomatoes - the best

Grey Poupon mustard

by Anonymousreply 49September 19, 2021 1:22 AM

Real Purell, Bounty paper towels, Charmin toilet paper (the only one that doesn't leave my ass sore), Colgate toothpaste, Rao's marinara sauce. Lee and Perrin's Worcestershire Sauce, Dawn green apple dish soap, I use it as hand soap too, Bonne Maman preserves, Kitchen Basics organic stock, Kirkland tuna when I want tuna in water and some specific brand, I can't remember when I want tuna from Italy in olive oil, California Ranch olive oil and for cooking Kirkland organic olive oil, Hane's T shirts. Most other things the brand vary.

by Anonymousreply 50September 19, 2021 1:41 AM

Teacher here- Ticonderoga and Crayola.

by Anonymousreply 51September 19, 2021 5:03 AM

For cake mixes: Duncan Hines.

For brownie mixes: Duncan Hines or Ghirardelli.

by Anonymousreply 52September 19, 2021 5:04 AM

Downy fabric softener. Trader Joe's Irish Breakfast tea, Ditto peppermint baking soda toothpaste. Real maple syrup.

by Anonymousreply 53September 19, 2021 5:26 AM

Deodorant: Arrid Solid. Although, for some odd reason, it seems to have been pulled from many grocery and drug stores in the past couple of years. I find it interesting that its spray varieties, which it was all the rage to ban because of harm to the earth's ozone layer during the 1980s and '90s, are back in full force in the place of their Solid varieties, though. Buy them in bulk on Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 54September 19, 2021 5:58 AM

Oh, also Bigelow's Decaffeinated Green Tea.

by Anonymousreply 55September 19, 2021 6:00 AM

Neutrogena Rainbath gel (not the green bullshit) and shaving cream

My sneakers have to be Bally, but that's just a reaction to being brought up on Kmart Traxx.

I was faithful to Hills Brothers, but it's not easy to find in the PNW. I'm safe as long as I avoid Seattle's Best.

by Anonymousreply 56September 19, 2021 6:33 AM

R49 I’ve tried boiling it in hot water and it works. But why keep doing this when I can use something else? Palmolive is perfect.

by Anonymousreply 57September 19, 2021 2:59 PM

Duke's mayo (THANKS to DL)

Kicking Horse dark roast coffee,

Happy Belly (Amazon Fresh brand) salad dressings (no HFC or artificial garbage & less than $2)

APlenty espresso chip ice cream and APlenty salted caramel mini cookies and APlenty Asian sauce line

by Anonymousreply 58September 19, 2021 3:30 PM

Duke’s mayonnaise

Fresh Sugar roll-on deodorant

(don’t kill me DL but) ob tampons

by Anonymousreply 59September 19, 2021 3:34 PM

When viva stopped making job squad paper towels I stopped using paper towels.

A couple of times a year I’ll go to the dollar store and buy dish towels and use them in place of paper towels.

by Anonymousreply 60September 19, 2021 4:07 PM

I don't buy Worcestershire sauce, but if I did it'd be L&P for sure. Staying with my mom, who uses Grey Poupon, which I'm not thrilled with. I get Aldi brand sweet-hot at home.

by Anonymousreply 61September 19, 2021 4:23 PM

R7 - Kerrygold Butter? I am equally loyal to Hellman's (except when locals or my roommate makes homemade). Out here I have sinned and bought the light version, tried the ketchup and vegan one (it had Siracha so it was a must). Heinz makes the original formula, a spicy ketchup and a horseradish one out here. They are pretty good. Looks like a lot of companies make both the original version and one customized to local tastes and trends. Also, I am loyal to Heinz breakfast beans.

by Anonymousreply 62September 19, 2021 4:43 PM

Nilla Vanilla Wafers.

The cheaper versions always disappoint for such a simple thing.

by Anonymousreply 63September 19, 2021 4:46 PM

Trader Joe's Caesar salad dressing with Romano cheese.

Hellmann's mayo. (Guess I will give Duke a try since you bitches rave about it and you are culinar-ier than me).

Sauvage Dior deodorant since it came out...anything else in that scent is way too strong.

Nescafe Instant Coffee (regular and decaf)....yes, I know...

Kerrygold Butter

A&H Baking Soda

by Anonymousreply 64September 19, 2021 4:53 PM

Yes, Kerrygold butter! The Kerrygold "Dubliner" cheese is also very good.

by Anonymousreply 65September 19, 2021 5:27 PM

R64 We must have similiar tastes. Though I've lamented upthread about brands changing formulas and discontinued favourite products, I'm the same with the Sauvage deo, Kerrygold, and the Nescafé. I insist on the European Nescafé product that uses coffee from the Ivory Coast. I find it in Greek and Italian shops. The American Nescafé isn't quite the same. Regardless of the languages on the tins if it's labeled PRODUCT OF IVORY COAST, it's the good stuff.

by Anonymousreply 66September 19, 2021 5:40 PM

R66 - agreed. I always get it in Latino or Armenian markets back in Los Angeles. Thank God they have Kerrygold all over the EU as well. Just made a red pesto chicken breast and fresh pasta dish with it and the taste is amazing. I hate changing brands and go ballistic when one of my favorites is gone or altered. I gave up on lots of stuff over the years because of that.

by Anonymousreply 67September 19, 2021 5:57 PM

Greek Nescafe is delicious, I've been drinking it iced all summer. American Nescafe just isn't very good.

by Anonymousreply 68September 19, 2021 6:04 PM

Maille dijon mustard

by Anonymousreply 69September 19, 2021 6:21 PM

Always have wondered how Nescafe is so popular in Europe as it doesn't taste very good in the States. Now I understand they use a completely different bean (Ivory Coast.)

by Anonymousreply 70September 19, 2021 6:25 PM

Oh absolutely R70. Until I went to Toronto for work and got one in a desperate coffee run when everything except a small Pakistani grocer was closed within walking distance, I wouldn't have touched it. It was surprisingly flavorful and reminiscent of an Ethiopian roast. Then, when my mom and sister came to visit, I didn't tell them it was instant and just asked them to try it. They thought I got some fancy coffee but it was the good ole instant stuff. Never went back.

by Anonymousreply 71September 19, 2021 6:44 PM

R70 They're almost always packaged in metal tins, not plastic containers. I think that may have something to do with it as well, as the American type doesn't have the same fresh aroma. It's weaker, yet bitter. It doesn't seem to make as good of a frappé either.

Cheers R67 & R68

by Anonymousreply 72September 19, 2021 6:46 PM

Lidia's pasta is truly above all other dried pastas I have made.

Maille mustards. They have amazing flavors.

Nespresso. I've tried other pod and capsule brands, none are as good. I can't drink Starbucks at all. Burnt, horrible tasting crap.

by Anonymousreply 73September 19, 2021 7:12 PM

R16, Blue Plate first, Duke's if necessary. Both good, like BP better.

All Free detergent, Cascade for the dishwasher.

by Anonymousreply 74September 19, 2021 8:04 PM

Cascade powder dishwasher detergent Kerry gold butter Viva paper towels Dreyer's ice cream

by Anonymousreply 75September 19, 2021 9:09 PM

Of course, op. Lots of things. I’m American.

by Anonymousreply 76September 19, 2021 9:17 PM

I use Finish products in my dishwasher.

by Anonymousreply 77September 20, 2021 7:43 PM

Scrub Daddy sponges

Maille mustard

Maldon salt

LL Bean galoshes

by Anonymousreply 78September 20, 2021 7:53 PM

Fellow Maldon whore here, R78.

by Anonymousreply 79September 20, 2021 7:54 PM

R79 I bought a giant pail of it during COVID, it was my best pandemic purchase !!

by Anonymousreply 80September 20, 2021 8:02 PM

Dukes Mayonnaise

Coca-cola

Gold bond lotion- I have used it since I was a teen.

Marlborough Reds - The 🤠⚰️. We are doomed anyway, may as well 🚬 . ( Ok, haven't lit up again yet, but kinda plotting to )

Neutrogena face cream & Cleanser. Campbell's Tomato Soup. It is a comfort food.

by Anonymousreply 81September 20, 2021 8:05 PM

[quote] "Campbell’s Tomato Soup."

[quote] "Disgusting. Full of corn syrup."

I make my own. It's super easy, and takes (at the most) thirty minutes. I don't eat a lot of pork, but love to render sweet or spicy Italian sausage, and throw it in. But I can fully understand brand loyalty. Not everyone wants to make the soup...sometimes folks just want it. To each their own.

by Anonymousreply 82September 20, 2021 8:08 PM

Fuck your high soup aspirations! You were eating it from a can before soup became trendy.

by Anonymousreply 83September 20, 2021 8:11 PM

Best Foods Mayo Barbasol shaving cream Listerine

by Anonymousreply 84September 20, 2021 8:11 PM

Acme brand butt plugs! Anything else is just a pain in the ass

by Anonymousreply 85September 20, 2021 8:13 PM

Duke’s of course!

by Anonymousreply 86September 20, 2021 8:34 PM

R84 I love the scent of the Original Barbasol.

by Anonymousreply 87September 21, 2021 12:12 AM

You old man!

by Anonymousreply 88September 21, 2021 12:45 AM

I believe in Crystal Light because I believe in me!

by Anonymousreply 89September 21, 2021 12:47 AM

I use Tardil, which is supposedly the same as Persil and sold at Aldi. I use Persil pods as well. Kewpie mayo, the Xl Dawn with a foam dispenser that can clean anything. A liquid soap/shower gel called All One sold by Trader Joe's. Olaplex, the kind of all hair conditioners. Love Spike and its low sodium Vege-Sal as all-around seasonings. Sabra hummus. Kozy Shack puddings. Aldi has a line of Italian, Bronze-die-cut pasta under the Priano label.

by Anonymousreply 90September 21, 2021 1:02 AM

You use Retardil?

by Anonymousreply 91September 21, 2021 1:15 AM

R82 - I do too but I also love convenience. Stopped liking Campbell's awhile back as it got too salty even for me. A soupless existence is a useless existence so when I was lazy back hole I would get Trader Joe's Tomato Feta soup that is made fresh in the salad aisle. Occasionally, I would get less lazy and shred some mozzarella in it while it was piping hot to melt it in, maybe toss on an avocado slice or a pickled jalapeno slice. They are pretty solid at making loads of fresh cream soups, clear soups and pureed vegetable soups out in Romania on the daily as it's considered weird to not eat soup once a day (dinner is almost always some form of soup) and it is a starter to a full meal. Salad is never a starter.

by Anonymousreply 92September 21, 2021 6:31 PM

[quote]Kewpie mayo, the Xl Dawn with a foam dispenser that can clean anything

Agree on both, r90. That Dawn foaming soap is amazing. If I forget to wash a dish until the next day it'll take anything that's stuck right off of there without much problem.

by Anonymousreply 93September 21, 2021 6:34 PM

I believe in Lotrimin AF for anal fungus.

by Anonymousreply 94September 21, 2021 7:52 PM

I love to wipe my asshole with Kirkland Signature toilet tissue!!

by Anonymousreply 95September 22, 2021 1:16 AM

Duke’s all day.

Bounce fabric softener sheets.

Honest Tea.

Scratch Pasta from Lynchburg VA. Worth ordering if you can’t get it locally. Beautiful stuff.

by Anonymousreply 96September 22, 2021 1:27 AM

Q-Tips. I specifically mentioned the brand to my partner. Of course, he forgot and came home with Kroger brand. I think he was genuinely surprised at the speed and ferocity of my reaction.

by Anonymousreply 97September 22, 2021 1:40 AM

"What brands are you loyal to?"

6 words, OP! Dangling preposition aside.

by Anonymousreply 98September 22, 2021 3:10 AM

Yeah, I've tried another brand of cotton swabs. Q-tips really are better. I think there's no plastic in Q-tips, so that's good as well.

by Anonymousreply 99September 22, 2021 4:51 AM

R95 - I hope, for the sake of my brothers in top, you aren't a bottom. Obviously, R97 is (also, an elder) which explains why so many tops end up alone.

by Anonymousreply 100September 22, 2021 11:51 AM

Only use Crisco

by Anonymousreply 101September 22, 2021 11:57 AM

Anyone know who makes Kirkland's detergent?

by Anonymousreply 102September 22, 2021 12:02 PM

Kewpie Mayo uses the yolk and it’s delicious. The plastic container is very strange though. We’re loyal to Rao’s, but looking forward to trying some of the brands listed here.

by Anonymousreply 103September 22, 2021 12:04 PM

Costco r102

by Anonymousreply 104September 22, 2021 12:13 PM

R104 Costco doesn't manufacture detergents. Kirkland is their brand name, based on an original location. Who makes the detergent?

by Anonymousreply 105September 22, 2021 12:16 PM

Goya extra virgin oil. Its a huge spanish industrial food company yet the olive oil is consistently great. If I buy famous branded Italian coffee beans it's always Lavazza. Palmolive shave cream in the dark green tube. Gilette cartridge razors - pricey but never ever nick my skin.

by Anonymousreply 106September 22, 2021 12:20 PM

How in the fuck should I know?

by Anonymousreply 107September 22, 2021 12:31 PM

Magnum condoms. It’s the fit of course. 😉

by Anonymousreply 108September 22, 2021 7:02 PM

R105 I always heard it was Persil.

by Anonymousreply 109September 22, 2021 11:46 PM

Shove a jug of Persil up your asshole!

by Anonymousreply 110September 22, 2021 11:51 PM

With Crisco!

by Anonymousreply 111September 22, 2021 11:55 PM

Dataloungers are laundry obsessed!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112September 23, 2021 12:03 AM

R111 - and that would be an interesting question on DL. Has anyone used Crisco (for anything besides lube in 1979) to cook? Some people still swear by it for fried food among the olds.

by Anonymousreply 113September 23, 2021 12:28 AM

Yes R113 - fried chicken! Old people wisdom.

by Anonymousreply 114September 23, 2021 12:34 AM

Dove soap

by Anonymousreply 115September 23, 2021 12:44 AM

Another vote for Blue Plate Mayonnaise. The others taste like lard though I guess Miracle Whip would do in a pinch.

I can't find a lotion I like better than the old-fashioned Vaseline Intensive Care in the big yellow squirt bottle - even tried the dermatologist's recommended Cera Vie. Pricey and not as good imo.

Agree with Dove soap - and All scent-free laundry detergent.

by Anonymousreply 116September 23, 2021 1:09 AM

Crisco for Southern Fried Chicken. A few cookie and frosting recipes. Little else.

by Anonymousreply 117September 23, 2021 1:22 AM

Even my mom who's a great old school cook won't use shortening, she uses corn oil instead. Grandma used Crisco in everything!

by Anonymousreply 118September 23, 2021 1:28 AM

Aunt Jeremiah Syrup

Uncle Ben's Rice

by Anonymousreply 119September 23, 2021 1:29 AM

Yamasa soy sauce

by Anonymousreply 120September 23, 2021 2:02 AM

Not Crisco, I use actual lard when I want something to fry really well.

by Anonymousreply 121September 23, 2021 2:15 AM

My mom used to use Crisco for pie crusts. Her pie crusts were really good. She didn't use a food processor. She used one of those pastry cutting (manual) tools, though.

by Anonymousreply 122September 23, 2021 2:20 AM

Glad garbage bags

Kirkland paper towels and TP

Softsoap pomegranate body wash (it wakes me up)

Nutella

Many "Presidents Choice" products - it's a great brand

by Anonymousreply 123September 23, 2021 2:34 AM

Aunt Jemima is now PEARL MILLING COMPANY and don’t you forget it!

by Anonymousreply 124September 23, 2021 10:35 PM

So how do I use Crisco for frying chicken?

by Anonymousreply 125September 23, 2021 11:10 PM

I have to buy Kewpie at an upscale place, so it'd better be worth it!

by Anonymousreply 126September 23, 2021 11:17 PM

Just as you would use any other oil to fry,r125. Not gonna lie, fried foods fried in that stuff have an extra crunch.

by Anonymousreply 127September 23, 2021 11:27 PM

[quote] "Fuck your high soup aspirations! You were eating it from a can before soup became trendy."

I wasn't aware soup had become "trendy"., R83. My mother always cooked it from scratch, mainly due to financial limitations. For instance: making my own, I can get at least three or four meals out of one roasted chicken, by the time I make stock. I'm also not ingesting massive amounts of sodium present in the canned versions. I just love to make and eat soup. I always have.

I stopped buying canned soup about five years ago. I don't need it. My soup is far superior (and healthier).

by Anonymousreply 128September 24, 2021 5:31 PM

Evian water

by Anonymousreply 129September 24, 2021 11:16 PM

R128 - I just made this frau's version of chicken soup (didn't find the raw spices, but got very good quality powders). Such a good take on the recipe, we ate it up in one sitting. Healthy too. The only tweak I made to it was adding skinless and boneless chicken thighs instead of breast (juicier) and omitting the peas (I don't like them but if you do, go for it).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130September 25, 2021 10:34 AM

Bounty (Plenty) Kitchen towel and Charmin (Cushelle) toilet roll.

My Dad and Brother both used to work for Proctor & Gamble in the UK and the company shop used to sell them to staff and their families for 5p (8c) a roll. In Europe they are made under license now by SCA (hence the different names) and not available at the staff shop, but I've carried on buying them.

I can still get every other P&G product for about 25% of retail price from there, even though my Dad has been dead for 20 years and my Brother took early retirement.

by Anonymousreply 131September 25, 2021 11:01 AM

Cuisinart small appliances. I bought their coffee maker and love it. Then needed a new microwave and later a slow cooker. Love them all.

by Anonymousreply 132September 25, 2021 11:44 AM

Felix cat food. He won’t touch anything else.

by Anonymousreply 133September 25, 2021 11:47 AM

Miralax

by Anonymousreply 134September 25, 2021 10:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!