Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New ‘Lost Boys’ movie starring Noah Jupe and Jaeden Martell is set at Warner Bros

Warner Bros. is planning to take another bite out of 1980s cult hit “The Lost Boys,” with a modern-day take starring Noah Jupe and Jaeden Martell.

Jupe starred in the “A Quiet Place” films and appeared in “The Undoing” and “Honey Boy,” while Martell was part of the “It” movies ensemble and starred in the “Defending Jacob” series as well as appearing in “Knives Out” and “Masters of Sex.”

Jonathan Entwistle will direct with Randy McKinnon, who is working on “Static Shock” for Warner and DC, writing the new version, the studio confirmed.

Brian Kavanaugh-Jones and Fred Berger are producing through Automatik. Zac Frognowski and Josh Glick are executive producers.

Joel Schumacher directed the original “Lost Boys” in 1988, starring Corey Haim, Corey Feldman, Kiefer Sutherland, Jason Patric, Alex Winter, Dianne Wiest and Jami Gertz in the story of two boys who move to a California beach town with their mother and get involved with a gang of stylish bikers who happen to be vampires.

The popular soundtrack included bands such as Echo and the Bunnymen doing a cover version of the Doors’ “People Are Strange” and INXS’ “Good Times” with Jimmy Barnes, plus songs by Roger Daltrey and Foreigner’s Lou Gramm.

Entwistle, developed “The End of the F***ing World” and was the series’ main director and executive producer. He also directed the pilot for the upcoming “Willow” TV series at Disney Plus.

Jupe is repped by CAA, Grandview, The Artist Partnership and Hansen Jacobson, while Martell is repped by CAA, Emily Cho Talent Management and Jackoway Austen.

McKinnon and Entwistle are repped by CAA, Grandview and Jackoway Austen.

The pilot for a “Lost Boys” TV series at The CW had been in production when the pandemic shut down filming, but the network did not pick it up. Two straight-to-video sequels were also released.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72December 27, 2021 9:42 AM

Yas.

by Anonymousreply 1September 18, 2021 9:28 PM

Jaeden "Martell" is becoming quite the Scream Queen.

I have no respect for that kid, ever since he dropped his father's name and went with Martell.

I liked him better as Jaeden Lieberher, which is a perfectly fine name.

by Anonymousreply 2September 18, 2021 9:29 PM

It’s a Jewish last name?

by Anonymousreply 3September 18, 2021 9:31 PM

What happened to the version with Tyler Posey and Dylan O’Brien?

by Anonymousreply 4September 18, 2021 9:33 PM

I think it's German, R3.

His dad is Chef Wes Lieberher.

I feel bad for him, because he was really proud of his son.

Then the little cunt goes and changes his last name.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 18, 2021 9:33 PM

CW canned it, R4.

by Anonymousreply 6September 18, 2021 9:36 PM

[quote] CW canned it, R4.

The CW Execs are complete idiots.

"Lost Boys" would have been a hit.

They are definitely lacking some young all-male cast "eye candy" on that network.

Instead they opt for girly shows like Supergirl and other female shit shows like that.

And they wonder why their ratings are in the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 7September 18, 2021 9:40 PM

No. ^

by Anonymousreply 8September 18, 2021 9:43 PM

"Let's rape a classic and stuff it with bland twinks!"

by Anonymousreply 9September 18, 2021 9:44 PM

Hawt!

by Anonymousreply 10September 18, 2021 9:48 PM

I'm getting a bit tired of seeing Jaeden Martell everywhere. He's starting to become overexposed.

by Anonymousreply 11September 18, 2021 9:49 PM

Will they present dong, at the very least?

by Anonymousreply 12September 18, 2021 9:53 PM

How can they recapture the fabulous teased mullets from the original without seeming dated?

It should have been called "The Lost Flock of Seagulls"

by Anonymousreply 13September 18, 2021 9:55 PM

r11 Yeah he's not really impressed me with any of his performances, some of the stuff I thought he was actually bad in like that murder show with Chris Evans. so I'm genuinely amazed with the amount of projects he manages to attach himself to. He must have a good agent.

by Anonymousreply 14September 18, 2021 9:58 PM

They're both annoying, but at least Jupe is a good actor.

by Anonymousreply 15September 18, 2021 10:03 PM

Are you saying the new cast is not all black? I'm shocked, I tell ya!

by Anonymousreply 16September 18, 2021 10:26 PM

Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 17September 18, 2021 10:38 PM

I guess Noah Jupe hit the awkward phase of adolescence. He was a great child actor. Hopefully he can transition to adult roles successfully.

by Anonymousreply 18September 18, 2021 10:46 PM

Hope it fails, like so many other unnecessary remakes. Hollywood is full of hacks who collectively can't come up with one original idea.

by Anonymousreply 19September 18, 2021 11:42 PM

Surprised Noah hasn't started wearing dresses to be edgy like his counterparts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 18, 2021 11:44 PM

Who's that, R20?

by Anonymousreply 21September 19, 2021 12:13 AM

It's odd to watch the original. Corey Haim seems to be crushing big time on Jason Patric. There's almost a very odd sexual tension between the two of them.

by Anonymousreply 22September 19, 2021 1:40 AM

Noah Jupe r21

by Anonymousreply 23September 19, 2021 2:27 AM

R4 Dylan wasn't going to be in it. Are you thinking of Teen Wolf?

R7 what are you talking about?? There's male eye candy on shows like Riverdale, All American, Dynasty and Roswell. And CW doesn't care about live ratings.

by Anonymousreply 24September 19, 2021 1:46 PM

There's no way Dylan O'Brien and Tyler Posey are going to be in a movie together.

Dylan has probably distanced himself from Tyler because of the drugs and the OnlyFans.

by Anonymousreply 25September 19, 2021 5:37 PM

[quote]Dylan has probably distanced himself from Tyler because of the drugs and the OnlyFans.

I don’t think he has.

by Anonymousreply 26September 19, 2021 5:56 PM

r25 He said they were still friends the other year, though granted that was before Posey really started to go down hill. I've always just sort of assumed they were never as close as they were made out to be in the first place, most actors who say they're best friends with castmates just sort of separate once filming ends, and Teen Wolf REALLY merchandised its actors bromances for shipping purposes.

by Anonymousreply 27September 19, 2021 6:13 PM

Which one of these boys was in A Quiet Place? I don't recall. I remember the deaf girl and parents.

by Anonymousreply 28September 19, 2021 6:18 PM

Jupe played the son in A QUIET PLACE and A QUIET PLACE 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29September 19, 2021 6:27 PM

R25 why would Dylan care about either of those things?

R27 I don't think Dylan and Posey are as close as they used to be. But alot of the cast are still friends and hang out. Especially Ian and Tyler.

by Anonymousreply 30September 20, 2021 12:34 PM

[quote] why would Dylan care about either of those things?

For his reputation in Hollywood, dumbass.

He wants to be an A-lister, and you don't see A-listers hanging around with druggies and OnlyFans whores.

by Anonymousreply 31September 20, 2021 3:20 PM

This will be shit; direct to streaming.

by Anonymousreply 32September 20, 2021 8:03 PM

R31 except he's not a-list and does drugs too. I doubt he gives a shit.

by Anonymousreply 33September 21, 2021 12:07 PM

You can tell DL's excitement level for this by the fact the thread pretty much devolved into a Teen Wolf discussion by post 25.

by Anonymousreply 34September 21, 2021 12:56 PM

Imagine the hideous soundtrack this is gonna have compared to the original. Maybe they can get Machine Gun Kelly to do a track!

by Anonymousreply 35September 21, 2021 1:23 PM

who is going to play Star? Taylor Swift?

by Anonymousreply 36September 21, 2021 1:34 PM

Star will be played by a black tranny, those are the new rules.

by Anonymousreply 37September 21, 2021 1:38 PM

[quote] except he's not a-list and does drugs too

You are such a liar, R33.

Dylan O'Brien does not do drugs.

Maybe he used to when he was younger, but not ever since he became the lead in Maze Runner. He started taking acting very seriously.

by Anonymousreply 38September 21, 2021 2:42 PM

He just smokes a ton of cigarettes.

by Anonymousreply 39September 21, 2021 2:43 PM

This is blasphemous. COMPLETELY unnecessary. The original is great, and it has several sequels. That's enough.

by Anonymousreply 40September 21, 2021 2:53 PM

Nice! Will be watching and gladly supporting young gay actors!

by Anonymousreply 41September 21, 2021 3:07 PM

Lost Boys? Is this a new movie about Data Lounge?

by Anonymousreply 42September 21, 2021 3:08 PM

Lol R41 you're such a troll.

Neither of them are gay.

by Anonymousreply 43September 21, 2021 3:09 PM

The reason these remakes almost always suck is because time period plays into why some movies capture that special something that can't be recreated. The fashion, the unique economic climate, the music, etc., all plays a part in capturing lightening in a bottle.

Imagine the iconic jazz man creating the same lasting impression set in modern times. I can't think of one recent remake that was better than the predecessor, except the Disney live actions, and they aren't even considered better, they just make bank. That's only because nostalgic parents are curious to see them redone with real people, and kids are more into to the modern techniques used to make their media in general.

Seriously, are there even any other remakes of cult favorites that worked out better? Are there really no decent novels that haven't come out to make new movies? No new ideas? Seems like these projects are always cash grabs from the suckers.

by Anonymousreply 44September 21, 2021 3:09 PM

[Quote] Dylan O'Brien does not do drugs. Maybe he used to when he was younger, but not ever since he became the lead in Maze Runner. He started taking acting very seriously.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45September 21, 2021 3:31 PM

Tyler Posey starred in the CW pilot that was not picked up. Never heard that Dylan O'Brien was involved at all.

by Anonymousreply 46September 21, 2021 3:39 PM

No oiled up sax man= No care

Jason Patric was so beautiful. I hope these kids are playing the Frog brothers and not Michael. Maybe one of them will be Sam.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 21, 2021 3:46 PM

Jaeden with a new hairstyle - I guess this will be his look in LB?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48December 19, 2021 9:54 PM

Oh good, another remake. Wow, it’s been a few hours since another one was announced. I’m hoping maybe I can see a few more Lost Boys remakes in my lifetime. Just like Hamlet.

by Anonymousreply 49December 19, 2021 10:06 PM

R49 they will just do a bunch of sequels instead.

by Anonymousreply 50December 20, 2021 6:10 AM

He looks like the Stranger Things chick at r48

by Anonymousreply 51December 20, 2021 6:53 AM

R5 ?

Yeah because Jaeden is the first actor to ever use a stage name. I’m sure his dad is heartbroken. 😔

by Anonymousreply 52December 20, 2021 6:57 AM

Jason Patric (grandson of Jackie Gleason) was'nt bad looking, not really that hot, imho.

by Anonymousreply 53December 20, 2021 6:17 PM

R53 just out of curiosity who do you consider hot?

by Anonymousreply 54December 21, 2021 8:19 AM

There was a heavy gay subtext to the Schumacher version. Together with the blink-and-you-miss-it hanging up down bridge scene, they were the only two things that made it slightly interesting.

by Anonymousreply 55December 21, 2021 9:21 AM

P54 I'm not going to list the people I find hot just because I don't think Jason Patric was hot and you do. Accept that people may disagree with your opinions.

by Anonymousreply 56December 22, 2021 3:30 PM

Sorry, I meant to type R54

by Anonymousreply 57December 22, 2021 3:31 PM

Warner Bros vows it will NEVER have an original thought or produce new content EVER.

They've stated their boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 58December 22, 2021 3:37 PM

R56 way to overreact to a harmless question. Chill the fuck out.

by Anonymousreply 59December 22, 2021 3:54 PM

Just saw that Jaeden and Wyatt Oleff and their respective families are spending Christmas together; that's pretty cute that they're still this close.

by Anonymousreply 60December 26, 2021 3:18 AM

[quote]Warner Bros vows it will NEVER have an original thought or produce new content EVER. They've stated their boundaries.

You kid but this is beyond ridiculous. What else does Warner Bros. own the rights to so I can prepare myself for the inevitable reboot?

by Anonymousreply 61December 26, 2021 3:32 AM

Are there going to be any actual men in this reboot?

by Anonymousreply 62December 26, 2021 3:39 AM

R55 blink-and-you-miss-it hanging up down bridge scene… what’s that?

by Anonymousreply 63December 26, 2021 4:15 AM

Who is going to play grandpa? Ben Affleck

by Anonymousreply 64December 27, 2021 2:19 AM

R64 they couldn't afford him.

by Anonymousreply 65December 27, 2021 5:32 AM

So, an all homosexual cast?

by Anonymousreply 66December 27, 2021 5:33 AM

R66 is there any other kind for this type of show?

by Anonymousreply 67December 27, 2021 7:29 AM

Will there be male bisexuality in this new one?

by Anonymousreply 68December 27, 2021 8:23 AM

This is the film where they were raping the kids on set.

by Anonymousreply 69December 27, 2021 9:02 AM

R68 female bisexuality is more popular on CW shows unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 70December 27, 2021 9:11 AM

Who do I have to blow to direct this. I come cheap now!

by Anonymousreply 71December 27, 2021 9:17 AM

R71, more like, “Who do I get to blow if I get to direct this?”

by Anonymousreply 72December 27, 2021 9:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!