Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Can we bring back Hillary Clinton now?

The world needs her now more than ever. She was tarred and feathered and humiliated for the world to see and for what? Using a private server? So that foreigners couldn’t hack her computer?

That type of massive disinformation that took her out was new at the time, but enough years have gone by to admit that she didn’t really do anything wrong. I think it’s high time we being her back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163October 31, 2021 10:23 PM

Let's not. She was never a good candidate.

by Anonymousreply 1September 18, 2021 8:41 PM

She'll be back as an "elder statesman" but probably not right now.

by Anonymousreply 2September 18, 2021 8:42 PM

Hillary didn't have the guts to run in 2020, she's washed up.

Beside Socks didn't like her. That alone tells you all you need to know.

by Anonymousreply 3September 18, 2021 8:45 PM

I don’t mean as President per se. But she is a leader and she is needed. She has intimate knowledge of America’s enemies.

Don’t you all at least think that she deserves to be given a full throated apology from the American people? She was accused of so many untrue things.

This has to be made right somehow.

by Anonymousreply 4September 18, 2021 8:46 PM

Defugto will slime by any moment now to cunt up the thread with Hillary hate. I think he gets a notification anytime sometime says Hillary or Straight.

by Anonymousreply 5September 18, 2021 8:46 PM

Bring her back! She should have never been treated the way she was. What Plump did to her was awful.

by Anonymousreply 6September 18, 2021 8:49 PM

No, and she should be wise enough to enjoy the rest of her very comfortable and fun life without trying to run for office again.

by Anonymousreply 7September 18, 2021 8:50 PM

Are you kidding me? Have you read the latest news on the Clinton's latest scandal?

by Anonymousreply 8September 18, 2021 8:51 PM

[quote]Don’t you all at least think that she deserves to be given a full throated apology from the American people?

How exactly would that work? We'd all chip in for flowers or something?

by Anonymousreply 9September 18, 2021 8:54 PM

Try Hard, Boris! Try Hard!

You lost three branches of government power for campaigning against Hillary Clinton long after she was relevant, so keep it up!

It's worked out so well for you. Hillary's e-mails are THE issue of the century.

by Anonymousreply 10September 18, 2021 8:54 PM

She should have run in 2020 if she really wanted to get back at Trump.

by Anonymousreply 11September 18, 2021 8:56 PM

Hillary and Madeline Albright could really clean up foreign affairs for us. Such bright women.

by Anonymousreply 12September 18, 2021 9:01 PM

Do you think she'd have accepted the Veep spot if Biden had offered her it? (He boxed himself in with the promise of it going to a black woman.)

by Anonymousreply 13September 18, 2021 9:03 PM

[quote]Bring her back! She should have never been treated the way she was. What Plump did to her was awful.

People didn't like her. Democratic voters in PA, WI, and MI stayed home in droves when she was on the ticket.

by Anonymousreply 14September 18, 2021 9:05 PM

[quote]She should have run in 2020 if she really wanted to get back at Trump.

She should have figured out how to beat Barack Obama back in 2008 if she really wanted to be President. But she couldn't.

by Anonymousreply 15September 18, 2021 9:07 PM

President Obama was the stronger candidate that year (although Hillary got my vote in the primary).

She wasn't interested in 2020, after all she'd been through I don't fucking blame her.

She will be back as a senior statesman in he Democratic Party and she will be beloved. Just give it time and don't push. Allow it to happen naturally.

by Anonymousreply 16September 18, 2021 9:44 PM

How did she lose to Barack? I forget. I wasn't that politically aware back then. I voted for her but i forget how Barack pulled ahead.

by Anonymousreply 17September 18, 2021 9:46 PM

No. Fuck her. Her arrogance and poorly run campaign gave us four years of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 18September 18, 2021 9:47 PM

No and No especially to R4.

by Anonymousreply 19September 18, 2021 9:48 PM

It's possible she could be appointmented senator from New York if a vacancy occurs in the next few years.

by Anonymousreply 20September 18, 2021 9:48 PM

I don’t blame Hillary Clinton for a poorly run campaign, I blame her campaign manager who vacations in the Hamptons.

by Anonymousreply 21September 18, 2021 9:50 PM

“Appointmented.”

Oh, dear. So glad we’re hearing from the bright posters tonight.

by Anonymousreply 22September 18, 2021 9:50 PM

Supposedly Bill Clinton was furious at her staff for trying to flip AZ and ignoring the working class vote in what became known as the rust belt. He clashed with them a lot.

Must be hard for Hillary to live with the fact that she should have listened to Bill. I mean after all she went thru with him to have him foresee her possible defeat when the staff thought she was an easy winner.....well that is the kind of thing that keeps you up at night.

by Anonymousreply 23September 18, 2021 9:51 PM

[quote]Oh, dear. So glad we’re hearing from the bright posters tonight.

Rich from a poster who can’t quote properly.

by Anonymousreply 24September 18, 2021 9:51 PM

If not for her entitlement to the democratic presidential nomination in 2016, we very likely would have had Biden instead of Trump. Has that ever happened that the party of a two term president didn't put forward his VP? Hillary was not owed that nomination and history proves it.

by Anonymousreply 25September 18, 2021 9:55 PM

[quote]Has that ever happened that the party of a two term president didn't put forward his VP?

Dick Cheney but that was an usual case where the Veep was older and in much poorer health than the POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 26September 18, 2021 9:57 PM

“Not R20,” my ass, R24. Unlike you, dipshit, that’s not something I learned yesterday. I did it the way I wished. Do keep trying to draw attention away from your trollish, remedial-school level of writing. Too bad your gumming skills can’t help you here.

by Anonymousreply 27September 18, 2021 9:58 PM

Could we please not with this bitch again? She's done, many years ago.

by Anonymousreply 28September 18, 2021 9:58 PM

Foisting Hillary on the country is like when a bum asks you for change and you say, “I won’t give you money, but I’ll buy you an apple.” Would the apple be good for him? Surely, although apples are overrated and have more sugar than is healthy. Did he ask for it, and will he eat it? No.

by Anonymousreply 29September 18, 2021 10:04 PM

[quote]She was tarred and feathered and humiliated for the world to see and for what?

Good lord.

I love Hillary, and I voted for her for president (and voted for her in my state's 2008 primary for president to boot). But you are acting like she's an eternally-suffering penniless refugee who has never been able to live anywhere except in a cardboard box by the side of a road, rather than a multi-millionairess living in a mansion in Chappaqua, NY, who has been First Lady, US Senator, Secretary of State, and Democratic Party candidate for US President during her lifetime.

She's not exactly what I would consider one of history's victims.

by Anonymousreply 30September 18, 2021 10:05 PM

R17 People have different views, but IMO Hillary lost to Barack because she voted for the Iraq War and he voted against it, which was a much smarter and more honest vote.

by Anonymousreply 31September 18, 2021 10:07 PM

She was poorly treated and then kicked around by Donald for years, as well as (then and now) being blamed for losing by Democrats.

The media sucking Trump's dick 24/7 and not paying attention to, nor revealing who Trump actually was allowed Trump to win.

by Anonymousreply 32September 18, 2021 10:09 PM

Hillary is a miserable Cunt. Good riddance. I hope she hops on her broom and flys the fuck out of here.

by Anonymousreply 33September 18, 2021 10:12 PM

[quote] Surely, although apples are overrated and have more sugar than is healthy.

Yes, Ms. Rancic.

Just one, like this one for the bum, will induce diabetes.

by Anonymousreply 34September 18, 2021 10:13 PM

This thread is basically Boris talking to himself through sock puppet accounts about the irrelevant Hillary Clinton in an attempt to distract from the unelectable train wreck that is the Republican Party.

Thanks for the backward priorities, Boris! You keep slipping farther straight down the shitter!

Obscurity and irrelevance are your home now and you'll never convince voters to care about Hillary Clinton again.

by Anonymousreply 35September 18, 2021 10:34 PM

She is EVERYTHING her critics said she was and more. She would be the worst possible choice to follow the Fraud.

by Anonymousreply 36September 18, 2021 10:57 PM

A lot of Americans would support bringing her back to be inducted and tried.

by Anonymousreply 37September 18, 2021 11:07 PM

indicted ^

by Anonymousreply 38September 18, 2021 11:07 PM

No. Too soon.

Besides, she was a cunt and King Kong sized hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 39September 18, 2021 11:09 PM

[quote]It's possible she could be appointmented senator from New York if a vacancy occurs in the next few years.

Kirsten Gillibrand, you in danger gurl.

by Anonymousreply 40September 18, 2021 11:14 PM

The private server thing was red herring. She used a blackberry. Blackberry works by fetching your email and storing it on a server and forwarding it to your blackberry. Blackberry servers normally did this for people but you could have your own server set up to do it for privacy, which is what she did. It was perfectly legal.

by Anonymousreply 41September 18, 2021 11:21 PM

[quote]If not for her entitlement to the democratic presidential nomination in 2016, we very likely would have had Biden instead of Trump. Has that ever happened that the party of a two term president didn't put forward his VP? Hillary was not owed that nomination and history proves it.

Biden chose not to run in 2016, because he was so upset over the recent death of Beau Biden.

by Anonymousreply 42September 18, 2021 11:23 PM

R25 To be fair, Biden decided not to run. It was a drawn out decision and he was said to have gone back and forth about it, but that due to his son’s death he didn’t have it in him. I think it is more that he waited too long and so Hillary picked all the “best people” for her campaign and that Obama wasn’t supportive because he thought Hillary would be better.

Still, he proved them both wrong, so good for him. He is only the 2nd VP who wasn’t an incumbent to win the presidency.

by Anonymousreply 43September 18, 2021 11:26 PM

[quote] I think it’s high time we being her back.

You're an idiot. She lost an election to Donald Trump. If that ain't proof nobody would want to "bring her back" I don't know what is. Nobody wanted her in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 44September 18, 2021 11:27 PM

[quote]The private server thing was red herring. She used a blackberry. Blackberry works by fetching your email and storing it on a server and forwarding it to your blackberry. Blackberry servers normally did this for people but you could have your own server set up to do it for privacy, which is what she did. It was perfectly legal.

She was supposed to be conducting official government business on the secure .gov servers, not her private one. Whether that was a big deal is debatable. But the Republicans alleged that she was using a private server to cover up her shady dealings with the Saudis and bribes she was taking from foreign governments for favors as Secretary of State. None of that may be true, but she didn't help her case at all in the court of public opinion...especially when she had.a history of being involved in multiple scandals throughout her career.

by Anonymousreply 45September 18, 2021 11:28 PM

Yes, Republicans are so deeply, deeply concerned about secure communications they brought Trump before Congress to explain why he was using an unsecured cell phone and dragged Ivanka and Jared into hearings about their private use of email as well.

by Anonymousreply 46September 18, 2021 11:31 PM

[quote][R17] People have different views, but IMO Hillary lost to Barack because she voted for the Iraq War and he voted against it, which was a much smarter and more honest vote.

Barack Obama wasn't even in Congress in 2002 when the Iraq War was voted on, so he was never in a position where he had to take an official position on it. Hillary should have used that to highlight his inexperience and show that he was unproven and never in a position where he had to make tough decisions like she had. But instead she allowed him to control the narrative and paint her as a warmonger, because she's a lousy campaigner.

by Anonymousreply 47September 18, 2021 11:33 PM

hell, no!!

by Anonymousreply 48September 18, 2021 11:34 PM

Didn't we do this type of thread in the past couple of weeks OP? (Chelsea is it?)

I recall giving an answer to one recently.

I reminded the DL how this LOSER had no 2016 coattails to speak of &

nearly gave the GOP the ability to rewrite the entire US Constitution.

by Anonymousreply 49September 18, 2021 11:42 PM

[quote]Supposedly Bill Clinton was furious at her staff for trying to flip AZ and ignoring the working class vote in what became known as the rust belt. He clashed with them a lot. Must be hard for Hillary to live with the fact that she should have listened to Bill. I mean after all she went thru with him to have him foresee her possible defeat when the staff thought she was an easy winner.....well that is the kind of thing that keeps you up at night.

And Bill Clinton was exactly right. The rust belt working class voters were the exact ones she lost to Trump who flipped the election. She also spent too much time campaigning with Hollywood celebrities like Beyonce...whom the majority of the public can't stand and didn't help her image as an "elitist" who was out of touch with the working class.

But Hillary and her campaign hated Bill and didn't want to hear from him. They knew better than a man who had won the Presidency twice by large margins.

by Anonymousreply 50September 18, 2021 11:48 PM

Some asshole brings this up every two weeks trying to gin up hate for Hillary.

It's a stupid fucking ploy. We don't hate Hillary, we never hated Hillary and the people who claim they did are all miserable fucking trolls.

by Anonymousreply 51September 18, 2021 11:51 PM

R50 Twice by large margins?

Neither of the Clintons were experts in Prez politics.

Bill wouldn't have won in 1992 without Perot taking lots of potential Bush votes away.

Old ass Dole helped turn any GOP victory back to his side in 1996.

by Anonymousreply 52September 18, 2021 11:54 PM

[quote] We don't hate Hillary, we never hated Hillary

You and your friend don’t hate Hillary. Noted, but we are looking at a larger group than that.

by Anonymousreply 53September 18, 2021 11:55 PM

That’s not true R52. All the best political science data indicates that Perot took about as many votes from Clinton as he did from Bush. The best analysis indicates that had Perot not been in the race, Clinton would likely have won a majority of the popular vote. The old “Perot cost Bush the election” line is one trotted out by the Bush family and the GOP to make excuses for Bush’s loss.

by Anonymousreply 54September 19, 2021 12:02 AM

[quote] All the best political science data indicates that Perot took about as many votes from Clinton as he did from Bush. The best analysis indicates that had Perot not been in the race, Clinton would likely have won a majority of the popular vote.

You know we don’t a national vote for president. Perot handing the election to Clinton was in the effect on individual states.

by Anonymousreply 55September 19, 2021 12:09 AM

Bush lost because the economy was terrible in 1992. Most voters approved of his handling of the first Iraq War. He got in, liberated Kuwait, and got out... all the while neglecting the stumbling economy and unemployment at home. Clinton won by talking about balancing the budget, middle tax class cuts, and health care reforms...all issues that resonated with most voters.

by Anonymousreply 56September 19, 2021 12:21 AM

Hillary is too old and frail now to be president. But she'd be a good senator from New York. She has gravitas.

by Anonymousreply 57September 19, 2021 12:24 AM

Yeah, I kind of always thought she could be the next Ted Kennedy r57. Although he was obsessed with being president for awhile, then he failed, and then he started taking the actual job of Senator seriously. Always wished Hillary could have skipped the president obsessive thing and go right to being an incredibly effective Senator.

by Anonymousreply 58September 19, 2021 12:26 AM

And I suspect Teddy never actually gave a shit, but he was a KENNEDY so everyone around him needed to give a shit and demand that he give a shit. But then Chappaquiddick and then 1976 and then he finally got a chance to do something he actually cared about, being a leading member of the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 59September 19, 2021 12:33 AM

r45 Not true at all - there was no precedent at the time for how you deal with email. The government was way behind on technology, she even called Colin Powell for advice and he told her it was fine, he did it too. It was not until after she was SOS that the laws were changed on electronic messages. It should be noted Ivanka did official government work on a Gmail address and no one gave a shit. Clinton testified for 22 hours on this, even citing the protocol for how to handle secure communications to the letter. All the lock her up chants, yet it was most of Trump's cabinet and cronies who got locked up.

by Anonymousreply 60September 19, 2021 12:36 AM

She was a much better candidate than Biden, who's just fumbling the ball on almost everything at this point. But his white cis privilege allows him benefits that Hillary or Kamala will never get.

by Anonymousreply 61September 19, 2021 12:36 AM

Yes R55 I’m aware of that. I don’t have the 20 year old article from the American Journal of Political Science or whatever it is where they did the analysis so I can’t give you a state by state breakdown of how it would have turned out. The point is that Clinton would have picked up votes over Bush had Perot not been in the race. The idea that Bush would have picked up over 100 electoral votes had Perot not been in the race is an idea not backed up by data.

by Anonymousreply 62September 19, 2021 12:47 AM

Hillary probably would have done better if not for that dumb ass Bernie Sanders.

by Anonymousreply 63September 19, 2021 12:52 AM

Once Bill Clinton cleared the Gennifer Flowers thing, he was home free.

Perot or no Perot, Bill Clinton was going to win.

by Anonymousreply 64September 19, 2021 12:54 AM

In fact, I kind of wish she would run for Senator again, against Schumer. I think she would actually do the homework and figure out how to be an effective majority leader, and not just how to dick around and have a title. She is really serious about what she does, once she decides.

by Anonymousreply 65September 19, 2021 12:55 AM

She's AS corrupt as J Biden and son.

by Anonymousreply 66September 19, 2021 12:56 AM

Have you met the Trumps r66? Or even the Kushners?

by Anonymousreply 67September 19, 2021 12:57 AM

She's not running against Schumer. She's too loyal to the Democratic Party. Gillibrand is a joke however, so maybe there.

by Anonymousreply 68September 19, 2021 1:00 AM

Knocking out Gillibrand would be fine. But I suspect even that she won't do, because we have this whole weird thing of President Or Nothing! Senators are actually important, but once you get to a certain level, you are supposed to disdain that. I wish that wasn't the rule.

by Anonymousreply 69September 19, 2021 1:02 AM

John Adams came back after the Presidency and served in the HOUSE!

William Taft became Chief Justice which is almost as important as President. Apparently it was the job he really wanted.

John Tyler served in the Confederate House of Representatives.

by Anonymousreply 70September 19, 2021 1:06 AM

And also John Tyler had that whole weird thing where his grandson is still alive. I'm not sure that is still true, but if not, until very recently, John Tyler, pre-Civil War President, had a grandson living still in this here 21st century.

by Anonymousreply 71September 19, 2021 1:08 AM

"The world needs her now more than ever" Says absolutely NO ONE. America is NOT the world OP. YOU need her. The world never ask for her.

by Anonymousreply 72September 19, 2021 1:24 AM

Wow -- this thread was great for troll-blocking!

by Anonymousreply 73September 19, 2021 1:29 AM

She would have made a very good president r72. Could have prevented a lot of Trumista nonsense. Not sure about great. But good, definitely would have been good.

And now I wish she wanted to be a good Senator, but as I said, I don't think that happens anymore. Plus, you know, she ain't young. At some point it becomes a question of age, and why bother?

by Anonymousreply 74September 19, 2021 1:29 AM

[quote]She would have made a very good president [R72]. Could have prevented a lot of Trumista nonsense. Not sure about great. But good, definitely would have been good.

You know what would have prevented ALL of the Trumpista nonsense? Having a candidate in 2016 who could win. And it wasn't her.

by Anonymousreply 75September 19, 2021 1:33 AM

who was it, r75, and was it obvious at the time?

by Anonymousreply 76September 19, 2021 1:35 AM

And before anyone says Bernie, please punch yourself in the dick a thousand times. Bernie would have lost. I think we all know that.

by Anonymousreply 77September 19, 2021 1:36 AM

R74 Yes, I agree she would have prevented Trump from terrorizing the world. But Biden is not ideal either. The way he treats his allies does not please to the rest of the world at all. He is not a good diplomat. You don't use your allies and then treat them as if they were you servants or your enemies. Surely she would have been much better at foreign diplomacy.

by Anonymousreply 78September 19, 2021 1:37 AM

nobody's ideal r78. nobody. He is as good as it gets for this time, for now.

by Anonymousreply 79September 19, 2021 1:38 AM

Biden would definitely have beaten Trump. As Obama's heir. His another scenario: Romney beats Obama and instead of Trump we get a second Romney term. A saner approach to the pandemic than Trump. Who wins then, not clear, although Biden versys Nikki Haley or Marco Rubio is not unthinkable. Instead of going MAGA the GOP turns to minorities.

by Anonymousreply 80September 19, 2021 1:43 AM

Good God, give it a rest, Hillary troll. She had her shot twice and blew it each time.

by Anonymousreply 81September 19, 2021 1:44 AM

Have people forgotten her campaign? How she pretty much disappeared at the end: The Search for Hillary in Late October.

She could have pulled it off if she ran scared and put everything she had into the campaign. But she didn't. And frankly, that arrogance and entitlement didn't bode well for the kind of president she would have made.

by Anonymousreply 82September 19, 2021 1:44 AM

Bad strategy as someone said above. Should have taken Bill's advice. He won two fucking presidential elections for God's sake.

by Anonymousreply 83September 19, 2021 1:46 AM

And you still have posters above arguing against using Bill for help, R83. Talk about arrogant and entitled.

by Anonymousreply 84September 19, 2021 1:48 AM

[quote]Have people forgotten her campaign? How she pretty much disappeared at the end: The Search for Hillary in Late October.

Meanwhile Trump was in Pennsylvania and Michigan somewhere every day during those last few weeks while she was elsewhere. People can claim the Russians flipped votes or whatever, but Trump legit won those states in 2016. He turned out to be such an awful President though, that most of those swing voters in PA, MI, and WI flipped back to Biden in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 85September 19, 2021 1:56 AM

I love that the people still whining about how "the Russians stole the 2016 election" have zero idea how much they sound like the Trumpists whining about how Dominion flipped the ballots and how they essentially wrote the playbook for the MAGAts to embrace The Big Lie.

Zero idea whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 86September 19, 2021 2:02 AM

except, she did get the most votes r86. there was that. and it is very shady what happened in those very close states.

Trump may actually have won the electoral college vote, but there is no doubt that they were all playing some serious games with Russia in leading up to that. No doubt.

by Anonymousreply 87September 19, 2021 2:06 AM

Last time I heard of her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88September 19, 2021 2:21 AM

The Republicans had three decades to villainize Hillary, and there was no overcoming that.

After the 'server scandal' Madeline Albright, Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice all admitted that they, too, used private servers as Secretary of State.

54% of white women voting for misogynistic Trump still baffles me. White female voters could have finally broken the last, and most impenetrable, glass ceiling for women. Nope...they supported Trump, the reality show carnival barker with zero judicial or legislative experience.

Despite her personal flaws and political missteps, of which there were many, Hillary would have been light years better than Trump. Elect her, get Bill's eight years of presidential wisdom free. Plus, Chelsea has multiple degrees, one of which is a Masters of Public Health, so Hillary's pandemic response would have been far better versus the shitshow Ivanka and Jared subjected the country to.

by Anonymousreply 89September 19, 2021 2:33 AM

[Bold] YES PLEASE, OP! HOW DELISH!

by Anonymousreply 90September 19, 2021 2:37 AM

[Quote] The Republicans had three decades to villainize Hillary, and there was no overcoming that.

[Bold] You can thank KKKarl Rove for THAT. He started it because he knew Americans are the dumbest cunts on the planet and will believe ANYTHING they are told. DUMB !!!!

by Anonymousreply 91September 19, 2021 2:40 AM

R89 Chelsea as a reason to vote for her mother? Please. Talk about arrogant and entitled.

And just like Ivanka, she felt comfortable marrying into a family headed by an ex-con.

by Anonymousreply 92September 19, 2021 2:46 AM

No we didn't r85. Not even close! Even MORE people came out for Trump this time than last time. BIDEN DID NOT WIN. He would not have "won" in 2016 either because the Democrats did not have this huge mail in vote fraud mechanism in place. They never expected Trump to win in 2016 so they made sure he was defrauded in 2020. Senile basement Joe and 80 million votes? While losing ALL the but one bellweather county. He can't even draw a crowd of 50! How stupid are you?

From 1980 to 2016, 19 counties voted for the winner of the presidential election every single time. The most impressive of those was Valencia County, New Mexico, which voted for the victor in every presidential election from 1952 to 2016.

But in 2020, 18 of these 19 “bellwether counties” voted for former President Donald Trump. Just one — Clallam County, Washington — voted for President Joe Biden.

Trump improved his national performance over 2016 by almost 20%. No incumbent president has ever lost a reelection bid if he's increased his votes. Obama went down by three and a half million votes between 2008 and 2012, but still won comfortably," he said . "If you look at those results, you see that Donald Trump did very well, even better than four years earlier, with the white working class. He held his own with women and suburban voters against all of most of the polling expectations, did very well with Catholics, improved his vote among Jewish voters. He had the best minority performance for a Republican since Richard Nixon in 1960, doing so well with African-Americans, and importantly with Hispanics."

Basham suggested the president's performance was so well, among a variety of demographics, that if he polled 100 independent, well-informed voters in a room, he believed 99 of them would say the data suggest Trump would win the election. "We know from the vote itself, the alleged vote, the alleged result, that something very strange has happened," Basham said.

In an op-ed in the Spectator , Bashman analyzed "peculiarities" from the election that lacked "compelling explanations." He outlined counting without observers, late-arriving ballots, failure to match signatures on mail-in ballots, and low absentee ballot rejection rates.

by Anonymousreply 93September 19, 2021 2:51 AM

[quote]Elect her, get Bill's eight years of presidential wisdom free.

She would have done the exact opposite of whatever Bill advised. Just look at her botched campaign. She hates Bill.

by Anonymousreply 94September 19, 2021 3:04 AM

R93, you're not taking into account the millions of new voters who registered for the first and cast votes for Biden. Most of these people had never been politically involved before, but they were horrified by what they were seeing during the Trump shitshow, the worst Presidency ever in the history of the US.

by Anonymousreply 95September 19, 2021 3:09 AM

If a cat hates you, you know that person is not good.

by Anonymousreply 96September 19, 2021 3:16 AM

Let’s be Hillary Clinton’s Emails 🤡

by Anonymousreply 97September 19, 2021 3:18 AM

R95 Anyone who says "worst" in that context displays an abysmal knowledge of even modern political history. Like George Bush and Iraq and Afghanistan. Kind of frightening to see the long-term effects of TDS on the brain here.

by Anonymousreply 98September 19, 2021 3:21 AM

Not true r95. This was an outright fraud. Our legitimate President IS Trump.

by Anonymousreply 99September 19, 2021 3:43 AM

[quote] She was a much better candidate than Biden, who's just fumbling the ball on almost everything at this point.

Not really. If she'd been elected she would have fucked up lots of times. She never struck me as being anyone who would be a good leader. In some opinion piece she and Trump were called "The Uninspiring and the Unfit. What a choice for Americans to make.

by Anonymousreply 100September 19, 2021 3:50 AM

R97 I’ll be the harmless recipes.

by Anonymousreply 101September 19, 2021 4:45 AM

She and Trump should unite and go on a bitter losers tour where they tell all the secrets they know. They were once friends you know.

by Anonymousreply 102September 19, 2021 4:48 AM

[quote] And before anyone says Bernie, please punch yourself in the dick a thousand times. Bernie would have lost.

Sanders didn’t have the insurmountable baggage that Hillary had and he wasn’t so loathed across the country as she was, so he would have beaten Trump.

by Anonymousreply 103September 19, 2021 5:36 AM

Explain the difference between R87 and R93

Two sides, different coin.

Except of course R87 is likely a DLer and Hillary Stan while R93 is clearly a Trumpist Troll regurgitating The Big Lie

by Anonymousreply 104September 19, 2021 5:38 AM

[quote] Despite her personal flaws and political missteps, of which there were many, my cat Fluffy would have been light years better than Trump.

Fixed.

by Anonymousreply 105September 19, 2021 5:39 AM

Why, 2000's?

by Anonymousreply 106September 19, 2021 6:08 AM

She could be named as “Special Advisor” like that punk Kushner and do whatever she pleases without having to answer to anybody.

She should take out feckless Schumer. She’d win by a landslide!

She can take up residence in Arizona and take out Sinema. At least Hill’s a bonafide lesbian while Sinema is a fake bi.

I only wish she could take out Manchin, but she’d never,ever take to West Virginia and those white trash wouldn’t vote even if their lives depended on it.

by Anonymousreply 107September 19, 2021 6:48 AM

She lived in Arkansas for all those years R107

I can't imagine West Virginia is that different/

by Anonymousreply 108September 19, 2021 11:15 AM

Hilary is busy with me. Keep your grubby hands off her.

And don't forget we both believe that marriage is between a man and a woman.

by Anonymousreply 109September 19, 2021 11:22 AM

She was the least qualified and worst candidate (other than Trump) I can remember. Let us never bring her back and the server had nothing to do with her loss, it was her politics. She is deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 110September 19, 2021 11:22 AM

She was responsible for the destruction of Honduras. She supported a right wing coup that led to suffering for Honduras’ people for the next ten years (and continuing). Alone in the hemisphere, the US refused to back the return of the rightful president. Even Obama wanted to do the right thing, but Hillary preferred (as the preference often is in US foreign policy) loyal jackboots to actual democracy in Latin American. She should fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 111September 19, 2021 11:50 AM

R110 Bullshit. She was not the “least qualified”. Even if you disregard her time as FLOTUS, she was a Senator and Sec of State. She is far more qualified than both Obama and her husband.

However qualifications don’t make someone likable. She was a bad candidate. It reminds me of the episode of the Golden Girls when Dorothy applies for jeopardy. She aced the exam but in the words of the producer, “America won’t root for you”.

by Anonymousreply 112September 19, 2021 11:51 AM

We've been through the "most qualified" thing countless times.

Bill was an 11-year governor and thus far more "qualified" than his wife.

But the most "qualified" of all was Bush The Elder who'd been everything from Head of the CIA to Ambassador to China to an 8 year VP

And look what a dud he turned out to be

by Anonymousreply 113September 19, 2021 12:40 PM

Obama was barely qualified. “Community organizer” followed by two years in the Senate. Even Pete Buttigieg was more qualified.

by Anonymousreply 114September 19, 2021 12:42 PM

You left out a few years as state senator R114, but yes and his inexperience showed throughout his two terms.

Though at that point the US was ready for something new and he was in the right place at the right time.

by Anonymousreply 115September 19, 2021 12:44 PM

Only if Huma services me in the Oval Office daily!

by Anonymousreply 116September 19, 2021 1:13 PM

She helped destabilize the Middle East and North Africa and helped Obama in the disaster in Afghanistan. Actually as Sec of State she was pretty bad.

Biden if elected would have gotten us out of Afghanistan sooner.

Trump did not get us further in, his policy was an improvement over Bush/Obama. And I give praise to Biden for pulling us out on an expedited schedule.

God knows what Hillary would have done but spend four years getting us in their deeper.

by Anonymousreply 117September 19, 2021 1:15 PM

[quote]But the most "qualified" of all was Bush The Elder who'd been everything from Head of the CIA to Ambassador to China to an 8 year VP .And look what a dud he turned out to be

wrong. he turned out very good, he raised taxes with was an absolute necessity, he fought a war successfully that garnered even the support of the soviet union. he finally addressed AIDS which his previous boss wouldn't. he was by FAR the most successful GOP president to date

by Anonymousreply 118September 19, 2021 1:17 PM

Which was why he was voted out of office after one term R118....

He's the Jimmy Carter of Republicans

by Anonymousreply 119September 19, 2021 2:43 PM

R103 I’ll always believe that on paper Bernie was the stronger candidate to face Trump in 2016. Polls showed that a majority of voters wanted change, and Bernie like Trump represented change more than Clinton did. Bernie’s consistency and authenticity on trade policy also would have neutralized some of Trump’s appeal in the old rust belt. However, I’ve also become convinced that the Democratic Establishment would have never allowed Bernie to win even if he had been the nominee in 2016. They would have knifed him in the back the same way they did to McGovern back in 1972. Many big Democratic donors made that clear in 2019 and 2020 when they openly said they’d back a 2nd term for Trump rather than support Sanders. The media, the Wall Street donors, and the leaders of the Democratic Party would have torpedoed Bernie in favor of Trump had he been the nominee in 2016. There was 0% chance that Bernie would have won in 2016 even if he had been the nominee, unless he somehow made a connection with voters that allowed him to survive all of that friendly fire.

by Anonymousreply 120September 19, 2021 3:25 PM

[quote]wrong. he turned out very good, he raised taxes with was an absolute necessity,

It’s a problem when you campaigned on this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121September 19, 2021 3:42 PM

R89 i think people forget how ruthless the media has always treated her. SNL mocked her as a shrew relentlessly, to the point the character involved into a caricature of a caricature. The email crap was just that.

Let's be honest America, the older woman in a pantsuit brought out subconscious sexism. Before the backlash, I'm not saying all voters, or that was all of it, just that she faced a steeper uphill battle by default. The same criticisms have been thrown at Warren, Harris, Pelosi, etc. As if Bernie would've won? Are people fucking nuts?! Biden could've lost if Trump was slightly less shitty.

It's very easy for women to come across wrong. Too strong, they're a bossy cunt. Too stern, they remind people of a cat loving spinster school teacher they had. Too soft, won't get shit done. I still know men that will secretly admit men are better suited to be president. Polls show misogyny amongst younger generations is higher now than with boomers. It's just cloaked in better excuses.

I'm even guilty of this. It's just how it works.

by Anonymousreply 122September 19, 2021 3:59 PM

Evolved***

by Anonymousreply 123September 19, 2021 3:59 PM

R3, it had nothing to do with "guts". The far right crooked politicians and advisers have been successful in spinning lies that has now become a public belief about the Clintons. Like today with covid, a lot of people aren't interested in the facts or the truth. She understood that it would be divisive for her to run in 2020. As well, and it makes me sad to admit this, but I think we needed an old white guy who wasn't a crook to run. The fact that he was catholic also made the difference for some. There were Trump signs in my neighborhood in 2016 and Catholics here that I know voted for him, including their giant families of adult children. All the pussy comments and other nasty business dissuaded them, because he was a means to a religious end for them. Biden was able to get the votes of a lot of those types in 2020. I still don't think that the US is ready for a woman president, which breaks my heart. Given all the election fraud by state republican legislatures and elected officials, the candidate must be someone who appeals very widely and can win with large margins in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 124September 19, 2021 4:03 PM

Here's the thing Hillistans: the smears stick to her quickly and easily in a way they never have with every other woman the right wing has tried to smear: Nancy Pelosi, AOC, Kamala Harris, Michelle Obama,

It all boils down to this: people are willing to believe that Hillary looks down on them in a way that somehow doesn't stick to those other women.

If Reagan was "teflon" then Hillary is All-Clad--everything sticks to her.

by Anonymousreply 125September 19, 2021 4:08 PM

"That foreigners couldn't hack her computer..." They did. Now we have a risotto recipe.

by Anonymousreply 126September 19, 2021 4:15 PM

R88, you do realize that the investigator in that case was appointed by Trump specifically to find dirt to throw-

by Anonymousreply 127September 19, 2021 4:23 PM

She tries to blame Comey for reopening the email investigation and causing her to lose. She doesn’t mention that the investigation was reopened because they found more of her emails on Weiner’s computer during his child porn case.

She doesn’t take any responsibility for the fact that her inner circle of friends and advisors included a sex predator who was being investigated. Bottom line is she has bad judgment and surrounds herself with bad people, and voters never trusted her.

by Anonymousreply 128September 19, 2021 4:41 PM

Everything stick to her only with a certain type. They believe anything they read.

by Anonymousreply 129September 19, 2021 5:02 PM

[quote]still whining about how "the Russians stole the 2016 election" have zero idea how much they sound like the Trumpists whining about how Dominion

So, what about the malware found in the St Lucie county (and another county in Florida) voting machine software in 2016?

[quote] According to Woodward’s new book, “Rage,” U.S. agencies had evidence Russians placed malware in the election registration system in at least two counties in Florida - St. Lucie County and Washington County. However, there was no evidence the malware was activated…The book also cites sources that say the malware was so sophisticated it could erase voters in specific districts.

And shortly thereafter, Trump met with Putin and Putin looked him in the eye and soulfully denied it so Trump believed him over the entire US intelligence community, CIA, NSA, you name it.

by Anonymousreply 130September 19, 2021 5:52 PM

R130 and R93 are 100% sitting in the same room in Guangzhou.

by Anonymousreply 131September 19, 2021 5:56 PM

[quote] If Reagan was "teflon" then Hillary is All-Clad--everything sticks to her.

No one has been able to evade prosecution as well as she has for so many things that she has been involved with. Nothing sticks to her.

by Anonymousreply 132September 19, 2021 9:22 PM

The OP must be retarded or something. Hilary Clinton's political career is over. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 133September 19, 2021 9:36 PM

[Bold] WE LOVE HILLS !!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 134September 19, 2021 9:42 PM

r133, she’s a real-life Michael Myers, rising again and again to satisfy her obsession and to hurt anyone who gets in her way. So we can never be completely sure what her status is.

by Anonymousreply 135September 19, 2021 9:46 PM

[Bold] My reply is bold[/bold]

But this is not.

by Anonymousreply 136September 19, 2021 9:51 PM

[quote] I’ll always believe that on paper Bernie was the stronger candidate to face Trump in 2016.

The Trump campaign felt Bernie would be a tougher race.

by Anonymousreply 137September 19, 2021 10:07 PM

She only got my vote because I was voting *against* Trump.

She's on the sidelines for good reason. I hope she stays there.

No one from the Democratic party is going to primary either of the sitting senators. They have those jobs as long as they want them unless there's some serious scandal or they are indicted for some crime. (I'm nor saying that's a good thing, but it's true.)

by Anonymousreply 138September 19, 2021 10:25 PM

[quote]She only got my vote because I was voting *against* Trump.

That was MOST of the votes she got.

She did get the majority of the votes in 2016. But she didn’t get enough in PA, WI, and MI. For someone so smart, she really didn’t understand how the Electoral College works. Should have listened to Bill…

by Anonymousreply 139September 19, 2021 10:30 PM

R131 fails reading comprehension

by Anonymousreply 140September 19, 2021 11:16 PM

It’s funny that Trump only won because of so many people voting against Hillary. The election was all about voting against the other person.

by Anonymousreply 141September 19, 2021 11:19 PM

So many of the gays were all "Yaaaassss queen! and "Slay queen!" in that election.

by Anonymousreply 142September 19, 2021 11:22 PM

It’s “kween”.

by Anonymousreply 143September 19, 2021 11:24 PM

No. Her moment in history is over.

But I was a huge supporter in 2008 and 2016 because, among other things, I thought she was the best the US could do. The country was that bad under George and Barack.

But now with Biden, and new talent like Pete and AOC, she is no longer a good option.

by Anonymousreply 144September 19, 2021 11:26 PM

“YAAASSSSS KAWEEEEN!! SLAAAYYYY!”

by Anonymousreply 145September 20, 2021 12:32 AM

NO! Joe Biden is FDR compared to this incompetent evil bitch. The American people rejected her twice. She needs to go the fuck away and never come back.

by Anonymousreply 146September 20, 2021 12:43 AM

OP, you're pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 147September 20, 2021 12:45 AM

[quote]She did get the majority of the votes in 2016. But she didn’t get enough in PA, WI, and MI. For someone so smart, she really didn’t understand how the Electoral College works. Should have listened to Bill…

And you don't understand the meaning of the word "majority."

by Anonymousreply 148September 20, 2021 12:55 AM

She did get only a plurality. And if you add Gop, Libertarian and the other conservative guy with the bald head's votes together they got more than the Democrats and Green total. This country is basically conservative. Wait till Trump's out of the game. Democrats need to go to the center, ya'll.

by Anonymousreply 149September 20, 2021 1:00 AM

R149 The Dems just need a sane immigration policy and they would clean up. A lot of people are disgusted by the Republicans but turned off by the idea of open borders and amnesty.

by Anonymousreply 150September 20, 2021 1:02 AM

Is it slay or werk?

by Anonymousreply 151September 20, 2021 1:03 AM

Remember when she collapsed at the 9-11 event and was thrown into a van like a sack of potatoes and her shoe came off.

Not exactly presidential. Gotta have hurt her with some voters.

by Anonymousreply 152September 20, 2021 1:09 AM

Just sayin'

by Anonymousreply 153September 20, 2021 1:10 AM

Delicious pussy!

by Anonymousreply 154September 20, 2021 1:12 AM

[quote]Supposedly Bill Clinton was furious at her staff for trying to flip AZ and ignoring the working class vote in what became known as the rust belt.

Bill was a natural “man of the people” who was able to easily connect with those working class voters on the campaign trail.

Hillary always came across as an elitist who would much rather be attending fundraisers in Hollywood. She could barely hide her disgust whenever she was forced to talk about her Arkansas years.

by Anonymousreply 155September 20, 2021 1:16 AM

Kidding............right?

by Anonymousreply 156September 20, 2021 1:22 AM

R156, sadly she's serious. Poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 157September 20, 2021 1:42 AM

[quote] Delicious pussy!

R154, Huma Abedin is that you?!

by Anonymousreply 158September 20, 2021 1:46 AM

Chuck Schumer is a POS!

by Anonymousreply 159September 20, 2021 3:42 PM

You deserve that, Dejure.

by Anonymousreply 160October 31, 2021 9:53 PM

Why is her hair always so awful? It's like she doesn't know a single gay man.

by Anonymousreply 161October 31, 2021 10:01 PM

DL is filled with mostly seething psychotic fucking asshole cunts. No wonder they love Hills so much.

by Anonymousreply 162October 31, 2021 10:18 PM

[quote]seething psychotic fucking asshole cunts

How ... vivid

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163October 31, 2021 10:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!