Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BREAKING: Conservatives Are Prepping To Go After Hay Rights

We knew this would happen. Fuck the gaslighting trolls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67September 19, 2021 7:36 PM

*Gay

Dumb autocorrect

by Anonymousreply 1September 18, 2021 3:52 PM

First they came for the horses and I said nothing.

by Anonymousreply 2September 18, 2021 3:52 PM

Hay is the only minority that matters. Those cunts. Horses go BLM over all dose cunts.

by Anonymousreply 3September 18, 2021 3:53 PM

I’m not crazy. I know I typed “Gay”. The dumb auto whatever on iOS changed it. This happens ALL the time and it’s so frustrating.

by Anonymousreply 4September 18, 2021 3:54 PM

Oh fer God's sake chill, MARY!

70% of the US population supports gay marriage. We won. The legal and property questions alone in now overturning Obergefell make it nigh impossible, even if the majority of the people wanted it -- which they don't.

And proofread, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 5September 18, 2021 3:55 PM

R5

Your BS doesn’t fly. Read the tweet. They don’t care what the majority want.

by Anonymousreply 6September 18, 2021 3:59 PM

Say neigh to these pressure groups.

by Anonymousreply 7September 18, 2021 4:00 PM

OP is a Concern Troll leftover from November 2020.

by Anonymousreply 8September 18, 2021 4:02 PM

Neigh!

by Anonymousreply 9September 18, 2021 4:04 PM

R8

Yeah, I’m the troll for saying conservatives are coming after gay rights (which they are, you have to be dumb to not see what they are planning).

What happened to this forum? We used to all be in agreement that conservatives are after our rights, now we have the gaslighting trolls telling us we have nothing to fear.

The evidence is right in the tweet. Of course, you right-wing trolls want to pretend that nothing is going on.

by Anonymousreply 10September 18, 2021 4:06 PM

Of course they will come after gay rights. They will do everything they can to stop any marriage as they will stop abortion, turning it back into a states rights issue.

Where they will succeed is with so called religious freedom -- allowing religious exemptions that discriminate against gays.

Where they will not succeed is gay marriage -- Roberts, Gorsuch, and probably Kavanaugh will not vote to overturn the decision. Barrett is an unknown. Only Alito and Thomas truly hate gays.

by Anonymousreply 11September 18, 2021 4:09 PM

Hay, gurl!!!

by Anonymousreply 12September 18, 2021 4:10 PM

R5 is such a moron.

Idiot, most also believe in a woman's right to choose. You think the number is higher for gay rights?

by Anonymousreply 13September 18, 2021 4:15 PM

You would think that these people would support gay marriage as there are many gay couples who are willing to adopt.

by Anonymousreply 14September 18, 2021 4:15 PM

[quote]70% of the US population supports gay marriage. We won.

A solid majority of this country is in favor of voting rights, an end to gerrymandering, stricter gun control, stronger environmental protections, higher taxes on the rich, increased spending on infrastructure and a continuation of DACA.

Republican lawmakers oppose all of them.

by Anonymousreply 15September 18, 2021 4:32 PM

[quote]70% of the US population supports gay marriage.

Sad it’s not 90%. I wonder why it’s 70%.

by Anonymousreply 16September 18, 2021 4:33 PM

ANOTHER Sarah Jessica Parker thread?

by Anonymousreply 17September 18, 2021 4:33 PM

[quote] Sad it’s not 90%. I wonder why it’s 70%.

How many people support straight marriage? I don’t.

by Anonymousreply 18September 18, 2021 4:36 PM

Republicans use The Gay Agenda in every election. Usually disguising it in phrases like morality, values, family and 'destroying our way of life'.

by Anonymousreply 19September 18, 2021 4:38 PM

[quote] 70% of the US population supports gay marriage. We won. The legal and property questions alone in now overturning Obergefell make it nigh impossible, even if the majority of the people wanted it -- which they don't.

And, two years ago, I assumed that an even higher percentage would choose widely available vaccination over a serious disease with potential long term consequences. But...

by Anonymousreply 20September 18, 2021 4:44 PM

@ R13

No, actually Americans are pretty split on abortion.

On gay marriage, the court was careful to follow public opinion. The Obergefell decision came after gay marriage had been LEGALIZED in 37 states, including a large majority of the US population. The Supreme Court was following public opinion, not leading it. That is the difference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 18, 2021 4:46 PM

Also, r21, when gay people marry, no life is ended.

by Anonymousreply 22September 18, 2021 4:50 PM

R22 - I didn't know that when straight people married, a life was ended. ???

by Anonymousreply 23September 18, 2021 5:13 PM

I’m not too terribly worried- I do think Roe is going to be kicked back to the states and trigger laws will outlaw abortion for most places (24 states will see it gone), which is a damn shame for women’s rights.

However- even if they go after gay marriage, it would be a nightmare to undo. What happens to all those gay couples who are legally married? What about their property/tax/insurance benefits (even if Texas says no - the Feds say yes)? Abortion is still a medical procedure that has to be decided by a woman and her doctor, marriage is something that applies to a large percentage of people (and the separate but equal comes into play).

Don’t get me wrong- I absolutely believe they will gun for gay marriage. However, unless we are establishing the Republic of Gilead, it will not be a winning fight at this time.

by Anonymousreply 24September 18, 2021 5:20 PM

Good. Roe and Obergefell were both decided incorrectly. You may have liked those policy goals, but the American people didn’t, which is why the SCOTUS had to find fake rights hidden deep in the constitution instead of passing these demonic policies thru Congress.

by Anonymousreply 25September 18, 2021 5:26 PM

Go on Dejure—explain more. I am unfamiliar.

by Anonymousreply 26September 18, 2021 5:36 PM

This is the fault of people like Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema who believe that Republicans, whose ideas represent about 30% of the public, should be entitled to 60% representation in the Senate. Manchin and Sinema need to be removed at all costs.

by Anonymousreply 27September 18, 2021 5:40 PM

[quote]Conservatives Are Prepping To Go After Hay Rights

Seems like a straw man argument.

by Anonymousreply 28September 18, 2021 5:59 PM

Next year is an election year. Time to pull out the gay rights issue again. It happens every election.

by Anonymousreply 29September 18, 2021 6:18 PM

R25, the right to privacy isn't a "fake right"

Fuck off, freeper clown

by Anonymousreply 30September 18, 2021 7:02 PM

They better not touch my Louisiana Hay Rights!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 18, 2021 7:27 PM

Celebs need to get involved in the fight for Hay Rights.

by Anonymousreply 32September 18, 2021 7:29 PM

What about the Markles? I'm sure THEY'D like to stand up on an issue like HAY.

by Anonymousreply 33September 18, 2021 7:30 PM

I loved hay rides as a child.

by Anonymousreply 34September 18, 2021 7:37 PM

[quote]Celebs need to get involved in the fight for Hay Rights.

I know a miserable backstabbing horse.

by Anonymousreply 35September 18, 2021 7:39 PM

I hadn't thought of hay rides in years. I did go up in the rural South and I actually am a somewhat elderly gay and I do remember them. They were fun but I don't quite get the point now. I mean you rode around in the back of a truck with hay and other kids in the Fall. Generally late afternoon. The hay smelled good and you got to hang out. At the end you might get some mulled cider back at the old farm house.

I guess it was something to do. Simpler times.

by Anonymousreply 36September 18, 2021 7:51 PM

"Roll, ROLL, Roll in ze HAY!!"

by Anonymousreply 37September 18, 2021 8:13 PM

American society needs even more gay couples, so they can adopt all the babies saved from abortion.

by Anonymousreply 38September 18, 2021 9:05 PM

Fuck you, Nanette.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39September 18, 2021 9:09 PM

Did you know that there are 12 states to still have Sodomy laws on the books? To this day, people are still arrested. In case Lawrence is over returned, we need to make sure that those 12 states repeal their sodomy laws.

by Anonymousreply 40September 18, 2021 9:14 PM

The BIBLE says that hay rides are a gateway to the homosexual lifestyle so of course we need to ban this SATANIC practice immediately.

by Anonymousreply 41September 18, 2021 9:23 PM

R30 come, now. privacy is not the same as scrambling the brains of an unborn child. Surely you know this.

by Anonymousreply 42September 18, 2021 9:56 PM

r42

by Anonymousreply 43September 18, 2021 9:59 PM

some people may get caught up in this but don't worry. most of the stuff that the GOP is doing is going to get thrown out along with them. They're so stupid and think this is going to get them votes. It isn't, it is going to be just one of many reasons why most of them will be gotten rid of. Pretty soon they will have put the last nail in their coffins.

Be prepared, GOP is going to start saying that Trump fooled them too.

by Anonymousreply 44September 18, 2021 10:00 PM

Muriel, you know what to do with DeFuckwit. He's (1) dumb, (2) fat, and (3) predictable.

by Anonymousreply 45September 18, 2021 10:02 PM

DeFuckwit is a prime example of why partial abortions are bad: his brain did get scrambled by a wire hanger but he still somehow managed to slide through the birth canal.

by Anonymousreply 46September 18, 2021 10:04 PM

It’s about time. My little Madysen is allergic.

by Anonymousreply 47September 18, 2021 10:04 PM

R45 I’m obviously *not* predictable, or the Defacto accuser would not be wrong 99% of the time.

by Anonymousreply 48September 18, 2021 10:09 PM

As funny as all the SJP jokes are, keep in mind that the feminists are desperate to drag us into the abortion fight. Personally, IDGAF about it one way or another, or at least until butt babies become a thing. But if they thought they could safeguard their precious abortions by giving us the Mathew Shepard treatment, there wouldn't be a vacant fencepost in the country. I don't trust them for a second, and before you scream at me, do some research on how much help they gave us when we were fighting hate amendments 15 years ago. Inez Tenebaum anyone?

If they come for gay rights, we'll fight them with everything we've got. As has been stated upthread, abortion has never been remotely as popular as gay marriage is now. Gay marriage and abortion are two different things, period. Abortion is the destruction of something, and gay marriage is the creation of something. What that "something" is, well, opinions differ.

by Anonymousreply 49September 18, 2021 10:11 PM

R5, R21 for someone who claims to care about facts you sure did have to find an old poll to support your facts and one from the Catholic Knights of Columbus.

You are so full of shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 18, 2021 11:06 PM

And according to Gallup, 47% of Americans consider themselves pro-life, compared to 49% who consider themselves pro-choice. Abortion support breaks down as 19-illegal under all circumstances, 32-legal in all circumstances, and 48-legal only under certain circumstances, which probably means something different for each person asked.

What is beyond argument is that gay marriage is CLEARLY more popular than abortion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51September 19, 2021 12:05 AM

What part of “conservatives don’t care about popularity” don’t people get?

The Affordable Care Act was incredibly popular, but they still spent years dismantling it.

by Anonymousreply 52September 19, 2021 12:11 AM

How popular do you think "defund the police" is, r52? Yet certain elements of the Democratic Party can't resist chasing it. News flash: parties play to their bases when trying to earn votes and dollars.

by Anonymousreply 53September 19, 2021 12:14 AM

Well considering they have gone after all of the ivermectin it figures hay would be next. 🐴

by Anonymousreply 54September 19, 2021 12:18 AM

[quote] Yet certain elements of the Democratic Party can't resist chasing it.

Certain elements vs. the entire Republican Party as enshrined in their platform. No difference at all.

by Anonymousreply 55September 19, 2021 12:21 AM

The anti-trans stuff has been the first volley. Michelangelo Signorle called this years ago. No one should be complacent.

by Anonymousreply 56September 19, 2021 2:43 AM

[quote]What happens to all those gay couples who are legally married? What about their property/tax/insurance benefits (even if Texas says no - the Feds say yes)?

This is what I’m wondering.

by Anonymousreply 57September 19, 2021 12:27 PM

I think when the Supreme Court sees the blowback they will face over gutting abortion rights, they will temper themselves and leave gay marriage alone. There's a reason why practically every justice on the court has been making the media rounds lately trying to sell the public on their "legitimacy." They know the public sees them as partisan hacks. Gutting everything now would only lead to bad things for them in the long run and Roberts knows it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58September 19, 2021 5:13 PM

Well, hay fever CAN be a BITCH. I fully support this effort.

by Anonymousreply 59September 19, 2021 5:33 PM

They never stopped coming after gay marriage and gay rights. They weren't making much headway in attacking gay rights so several years ago these far-right activist groups transferred their attentions to issues like women's reproductive rights and trans rights to garner support, which worked, and now they're going BACK to attacking gay rights as well.

We've been telling all if you who oppose abortion rights and who hate all feminists and who don't believe in trans rights that this is what was happening, but a lot of you refused to believe it.

The fact that there are trolls saying with a straight face that all feminists would torture and murder gays if it would make abortion legal should be all the proof you need that this is a divide-and-conquer strategy by the GOP to attack multiple groups at once. The fact that the anti-trans trolls were always pushing support for organizations that promote conversion therapy should have also clued some of you in, but sadly it didn't.

by Anonymousreply 60September 19, 2021 6:03 PM

how does this effect SJP?

by Anonymousreply 61September 19, 2021 6:04 PM

Hay rights? Will they go after wheat and oats next?

by Anonymousreply 62September 19, 2021 6:10 PM

First the Supreme Court decided that corporations were people. I guess now they're suggesting that GRAINS should be people?

by Anonymousreply 63September 19, 2021 7:15 PM

Complacency kills

by Anonymousreply 64September 19, 2021 7:17 PM

They're taking away the HAY? Dear God. Off to Tractor Supply to hoard.

by Anonymousreply 65September 19, 2021 7:23 PM

Conservatives do not care about popularity. They do not care about "life." They care only about money and staying in power. If the Supreme Court fucks up and actually overturns Roe, conservatives will despair, because they will have lost the issue that fires up their base. They will need to find another issue, another group to vilify. And before anyone thinks that the popularity of marriage equality will protect it, remember that before Roe abortion was not a controversial political issue. Relentless Republican messaging turned it into one.

by Anonymousreply 66September 19, 2021 7:35 PM

This Supreme Court is going to wind up with pitchforks up their asses.

by Anonymousreply 67September 19, 2021 7:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!