Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Carmine's hostess attacked after asking diners for proof of vaccination

On the UWS folks.

People need to get it together. This is becoming ridiculous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275October 8, 2021 1:06 AM

$100 says they were Staten Island italian trash.

by Anonymousreply 1September 17, 2021 2:03 PM

Texans. Figures probably going place to place to stir the shit. Hope they get charged with assault.

by Anonymousreply 2September 17, 2021 2:03 PM

I hope they get the maximum sentence. I am so damned weary with the incivility of life these days but even if that wasn't an issue the vaccines are beyond dispute. I held and held and held on the idea of being indifferent to the deaths of these fools but honestly, my heart has hardened against them. The sooner the better.

by Anonymousreply 3September 17, 2021 2:04 PM

Why are so many southerners in NYC lately? It’s nuts.

That’s how you know NYC is bland vanilla now, when southerners who used to avoid NYC now are always here.

by Anonymousreply 4September 17, 2021 2:05 PM

These idiots are trash and I hope the employee is ok.

These instances will continue until the governor and mayor step in and increase the penalties for this behavior. I don’t agree with pushing this type of gate keeping on minimum wage employees without backing it up some how.

by Anonymousreply 5September 17, 2021 2:06 PM

Flyoverstani tourists have been coming to NYC for decades and MAGAts are more likely to travel now because they don't believe in Covid.

When I saw Carmine's I knew it would be tourists.

No one who actually lives here would ever go there

by Anonymousreply 6September 17, 2021 2:07 PM

[quote] They are: Kaeita Nkeenge Rankin, 44; Tyonnie Keshay Rankin, 21, and Sally Rechelle Lewis, 49.

So they’re not Karens but something else…

by Anonymousreply 7September 17, 2021 2:09 PM

It’s monstrously unfair to turn minimum wage workers into law enforcement.

by Anonymousreply 8September 17, 2021 2:10 PM

Black Karens are still Karens.

by Anonymousreply 9September 17, 2021 2:10 PM

I'm surprised Carmine's is still around after so many years.

But agreed - there needs to be a new criminal offense for assaulting retail, restaurant or other service workers. It's not just assault that you would have on the street. The employees CAN'T DO ANYTHING or they may get fired.

It's not normal assault when the other person can't defend themselves over risk of unemployment.

by Anonymousreply 10September 17, 2021 2:11 PM

R6 most people avoided NYC in the 70s-early 90s. Even in the 00s people were weary of it.

Now EVERYONE comes. My new neighbors in Brooklyn are from Kansas! Fucking Kansas. Lmaoooooo. Even one of the buildings managers rolled his eyes. He’s a Native Brooklynite too and he’s a big part of why I got in my doorman building. There were a lot of applicants he told me when I saw the apartment, and we chatted a bit. A nice guy, Asian. He asked me where I’m from, and I said Brooklyn. He asked if I was originally from here and I said yes. He seemed shocked. He said him to, and we spoke a bit. I asked him why is he surprised and he said it’s become rare to meet people in Brooklyn actually from Brooklyn anymore, most of the tenants are from the Midwest and South now. There is this sense of ease when you meet people from where you’re from.

A week later I got notified the apartment was mine.

by Anonymousreply 11September 17, 2021 2:13 PM

Classy

by Anonymousreply 12September 17, 2021 2:13 PM

So who got r1's $100? (Seriously, where they're from was in the article...)

by Anonymousreply 13September 17, 2021 2:15 PM

R10 they’re busy all the time.

Someone I know named Nicole, born Upstate NY but grew up in Tampa comes to NYC to visit here and there because she has family in The Bronx, and every time she comes she makes sure she goes to Carmine’s. When she brought her now-ex Nate here for his first time, she took him to Carmine’s.

Some people love that place.

by Anonymousreply 14September 17, 2021 2:16 PM

They’re anti-vaxxers, black, from Texas, in NYC. Are they conservative Trump-loving FoxNews watchers, or are they just mean violent weirdos? Are they actually anti-vaxxers or just trash? It’s an identity-politics minefield!

by Anonymousreply 15September 17, 2021 2:31 PM

Perhaps NYC should enact a "Stand Your Ground" defense for restaurant and retail workers who are attacked by customers.

by Anonymousreply 16September 17, 2021 2:35 PM

R16, what a good look that would be. A white hostess at an Italian restaurant gunning down 3 black tourists.

by Anonymousreply 17September 17, 2021 2:46 PM

Restaurants are going to need to hire bouncers.

by Anonymousreply 18September 17, 2021 2:47 PM

Right, R17. And sitting in an ER getting stitched up is better?

by Anonymousreply 19September 17, 2021 2:55 PM

4 is a better number, R17

by Anonymousreply 20September 17, 2021 2:59 PM

R20, you took a wrong turn on your way to Stormfront.

by Anonymousreply 21September 17, 2021 3:03 PM

R8 yet people have asked for IDs on bars and clubs for descends. It’s not that deep. The problem is the people not the fact that business must ask. Around the world, businesses are being asked to check for vaccination. Americans throwing temper tantrums isn’t reason enough to just stop enforcement measures.

Sucks for the hosts, but hosts have always had the short end of the stick. The restaurant should pay them more for the extra work.

by Anonymousreply 22September 17, 2021 3:04 PM

Even simpler-- a place like Carmine's with massive crowds of out of towners needs to hire a security guard to do that.

Sort of how bars that know they are likely to get big rowdy crowds hire bouncers to check ID

by Anonymousreply 23September 17, 2021 3:11 PM

R22, that’s true. Good point.

If I may offer a mild rebuttal: that’s an established rule and not politicized the way the vaccine mandates are. Also the people charged with enforcement are not usually big burly bouncer types.

But yeah, I don’t think this will be a huge or widespread problem. People here are largely compliant with Covid mandates. It’s rare for me to see people unmasked indoors.

by Anonymousreply 24September 17, 2021 3:13 PM

[quote]a place like Carmine's with massive crowds of out of towners needs to hire a security guard to do that.

Or an off duty NYCPD officer, in uniform. $45 bucks an hour. Best peace of mind and smooth operation money can buy. Or split it along the block. Have him or her on patrol. It is unfair to ask your hostess to play ID checker without back up.

by Anonymousreply 25September 17, 2021 3:15 PM

Hi, George Zimmerman at R19!

by Anonymousreply 26September 17, 2021 3:17 PM

I am pretty sure they cannot wear the uniform if they are not on duty and working as a security guard R25

by Anonymousreply 27September 17, 2021 3:17 PM

You are wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 17, 2021 3:20 PM

Why do people like r1 bother commenting on things that are in the article they clearly haven't read

by Anonymousreply 29September 17, 2021 3:22 PM

Carmine’s, huh?

Back in my day their bodies would never have been found. And dose tree wouldn’t have heard a ting.

by Anonymousreply 30September 17, 2021 3:27 PM

"... IDs on bars and clubs for descends."

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 31September 17, 2021 3:29 PM

R30 Carmines is actually owned by Jews. These Texans thought they were getting authentic Italian food!

by Anonymousreply 32September 17, 2021 3:29 PM

Why should the employer have to pay for security to enforce this, it’s wrong and politicians like to look good and pass the buck like this.

Once again the local authorities need to consider the consequences to the public when they pass regulations like this, a matron, waiter or cashier making minimum wage should not be made responsible for enforcing laws. We need laws to protect and help deter these assaults and if they happen additional penalties should be added.

I still remember the poor cashier that was shot to death for asking a man to put on his mask.

We already have a labor shortage in this country and we cannot continue to treat the front line workers like cannon fodder.

by Anonymousreply 33September 17, 2021 3:33 PM

[quote]Why should the employer have to pay for security to enforce this, it’s wrong and politicians like to look good and pass the buck like this.

Because if government is going to fuck it up an employer has a moral and legal obligation to a duty of care, to create safe working conditions for employees. I agree, frontline can't be cannon fodder so somebody needs to step up. If it falls to the employer, cost of doing business. What's better... paying for safety or no customers and no staff? Or fewer customers provided poor service by stretched, fewer staff? At some point, you gotta step up and manage your business. That may mean your pockets have to be a little less lined.

by Anonymousreply 34September 17, 2021 3:36 PM

Oh, please, R33. The staff is there to run the business. There are many, many rules and regulations they have to implement. There are many customers they have to encounter and deal with. These animals could have lost their shit on that hostess if she asked for ID to serve a drink, or asked them to put a top on over their sports bras.

by Anonymousreply 35September 17, 2021 3:36 PM

Maybe it’s not so bad that these crazies aren’t taking the vaccine. Or wearing their masks. This is Darwinism at work. Let’s not fight nature.

by Anonymousreply 36September 17, 2021 3:37 PM

Texas trash acting trashy. What a surprise. Hope they spend their vacation in jail.

by Anonymousreply 37September 17, 2021 3:53 PM

Hope they die of the die-a-beet-es

by Anonymousreply 38September 17, 2021 3:55 PM

R33 How often do people get shot, stabbed or assaulted for asking for an ID to purchase alcohol or asking someone to put a top on over their sports bras….

People are dying over their refusal to get vaccinated or wear a mask and you naively think they have any qualms about caring for others wellbeing or rights.

by Anonymousreply 39September 17, 2021 4:04 PM

Hardly, R39. But you offer no solution.

The staff has to run the restaurant. There is no way around that. That's what the staff does. That's why the staff is there.

Some greatly enhanced laws to protect them would be great. A mandatory one year prison sentence and $10,000 restitution paid to the victim for physically assaulting any restaurant or retail worker asking for proof of Covid vaccination. I would support that.

by Anonymousreply 40September 17, 2021 4:10 PM

[quote]Black Karens are still Karens.

Nuh-Uh. Nope! No, Ma'am! No, Sir!!!

I'm NOT buying this!

Of course, the incident happened but there is definitely more to this. I'm convinced (and it's just my gut) that this was a setup of some kind and/or there is more to this incident than what is being reported. Black people DO NOT do this! We're the ones that get murdered for not wearing a seatbelt, a broken tail light, jaywalking, etc. Therefore, do you REALLY think that Black folk are gonna walk into a WHITE-owned establishment and tourist trap, then cause a ruckus because they were told to wear a mask? NO MA'AM! NO SIR!

For quite some time I have always felt that many of these incidents are being funded by dark money. This was probably a group that was offered some kind of payment to do this. Or... the restaurant set this up. Or... they were completely BLASTED out of their minds on drugs and alcohol of which that alone should have stopped them from even being served. Or... "someone" said "something" VERY loudly that did not sit well with this group--this is probably what happened. But, to start some stuff because you they were asked to wear a mask? Black people? NOPE!

But anyway, Fine them $10K with jail time.

by Anonymousreply 41September 17, 2021 4:38 PM

A clearer video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 17, 2021 4:56 PM

Red state shitholers defame and insult NYC, so the locals would feel like they live in a crappy city and leave. Eventually the shitholers could move in. Some people are so gullible.

by Anonymousreply 43September 17, 2021 4:56 PM

R41 - over the past year, some black people have literally shot or stabbed people over mask policies.

I'm not linking to the stories because I don't want this to seem like a racist post and that white people haven't done the same or worse. They have.

But you're not being truthful. It sucks, but there are people of every race and background who are acting like complete shits over the masks.

by Anonymousreply 44September 17, 2021 4:59 PM

R40 I did offer up a solution in my previous responses to add additional penalties to people committing assaults over local regulations, it’s no different in my opinion than being fined an additional amount or extra jail time for being an asshole on a flight or government property.

by Anonymousreply 45September 17, 2021 5:01 PM

Perhaps the Texans thought they were preventing an abortion. It is a commonly held belief in Texas you can get an abortion anywhere in New York.

by Anonymousreply 46September 17, 2021 5:02 PM

Already feeling sorry for their cabin crew on the flight back.

I'd have some duct tape on hand if I were them.

by Anonymousreply 47September 17, 2021 5:03 PM

We can assault our own. We don't need your help!

by Anonymousreply 48September 17, 2021 5:04 PM

[quote][R41] - over the past year, some black people have literally shot or stabbed people over mask policies.

Well, you're going to have to link that because I'm not buying it. I don't recall reading about any such incidents. Sure! There are the mentally ill that are more than capable of doing that. But, this here? Nah.... This is an act of privilege and entitlement. Also, these girls are from Texas too where they shoot first and ask questions later. I'm not buying this. No ma'am! No sir! There is more to this.

On another note, NYC is swarming restaurants and gyms with undercover cops (or whatever you want to call them) to catch them in the act of violating the policy. My Trainer (who also works security for some club) told me that they hit his club last night. He knows of 3 clubs that were caught and fined $1K. So, maybe this was one of those incidents too but went awry. I still think that this was a setup.

by Anonymousreply 49September 17, 2021 5:13 PM

Food looks good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 17, 2021 5:16 PM

R49 is the kind of poster I feel compelled to block. It's one thing to cling to an I feel, but when the ! start getting invoked, things are out control!

by Anonymousreply 51September 17, 2021 5:17 PM

[quote][R49] is the kind of poster I feel compelled to block.

Then block me. What do I care. You can't accept the truth? That's on you.

by Anonymousreply 52September 17, 2021 5:19 PM

I have taken a few flights this summer, R47. You'll be disappointed to learn that everyone has been well behaved.

by Anonymousreply 53September 17, 2021 5:25 PM

R49 Just because you conveniently never read about these incidents it does not mean they do not exist. The grocery store shooting was discussed at length right here on DL, but here is an actual news link for you.

You may want to read or watch the news every once in a while.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54September 17, 2021 5:26 PM

Well, thank you for speaking for all of us, R53.

by Anonymousreply 55September 17, 2021 5:26 PM

Please don’t let them be-

- *sigh*. They are.

You can’t take Texans anywhere

by Anonymousreply 56September 17, 2021 5:38 PM

Truer words were never spoken, R56.

by Anonymousreply 57September 17, 2021 5:43 PM

R54 - there was also a security guard stabbed in Detroit at a Dollar Store over a mask policy.

There are numerous examples R49 an R52 - don't make us point all of them out.

And there are anti-vaxxers and people losing their shit ALL OVER THE WORLD.

by Anonymousreply 58September 17, 2021 5:43 PM

They ought to leave these cunts in Rikers for a week and make them pay a high bail

But they won't. NYC is such a joke

by Anonymousreply 59September 17, 2021 5:45 PM

I bet the attackers will claim it was racism.

by Anonymousreply 60September 17, 2021 5:52 PM

[quote] Red state shitholers defame and insult NYC

Three Black women from Texas. 98% voted for Biden, R43, even in Texas..

by Anonymousreply 61September 17, 2021 5:59 PM

I hope the attackers are prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

by Anonymousreply 62September 17, 2021 6:00 PM

This looks like a mentally stable person to you, R54?

DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. — The man accused in a DeKalb County grocery store shooting where a cashier was killed has a history of prior arrests.

In 2012, DeKalb County court records show Victor Lee Tucker Jr. was ordered to take six anger management classes related to a misdemeanor charge for battery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63September 17, 2021 6:07 PM

R58 I knew there was a stabbing case and I could not recall the specific details, so thanks for the post.

I have worked in retail so I know firsthand how awful customers can be, I can’t imagine the stress these frontline workers are dealing with because of COVID and people being total assholes to them on a daily basis. It’s been noted that people everywhere are a bit on edge when dealing with others in public and I understand that but it’s not an excuse to treat others like shit.

by Anonymousreply 64September 17, 2021 6:09 PM

Ghetto trash from Texas should stay in Texas we don't want them in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 65September 17, 2021 6:09 PM

New York sucks anyhow. CATS aint even on and they won't let ya sit on Miss Carrie Bradshaw's porch.

by Anonymousreply 66September 17, 2021 6:15 PM

I thought the black guy with his butt showing and the other black guy were trying to break up the fight. Were the women attacking the server black! All I know is that all the Texans were disgustingly fat.

by Anonymousreply 67September 17, 2021 6:21 PM

Oops, I see the women were black and maybe the guy with his red underpants was part of the group. What lowlifes.

by Anonymousreply 68September 17, 2021 6:24 PM

A person’s decision to politicize something isn’t the government’s concern r24. So what, should we stop doing things every time conservatives want to make a topic political?

Not how we should operate. They will learn that a part of being in a community is that the community sets standards. If they want to change then, they can run for the positions that make the decisions. Till then, they must comply because the rules are clear and fair. Tired of this bullshit. Americans are the worst.

by Anonymousreply 69September 17, 2021 6:26 PM

You know they are tourists because of the obesity. New York should have a weight limit of 250 lbs. Anyone who weighs more than that is not allowed to visit.

by Anonymousreply 70September 17, 2021 6:30 PM

R63 Where did I state this was normal behavior, oh yeah that’s because I didn’t!

by Anonymousreply 71September 17, 2021 6:39 PM

I like the food at Carmines. I always take out of town guests and have never been disappointed by the food

by Anonymousreply 72September 17, 2021 6:54 PM

Come for the food, stay for the unjustified violence.

by Anonymousreply 73September 17, 2021 6:55 PM

People please leave TAWANA, SHIRONA, and WILONA alone. They are not at fault. SYSTEMIC RACISM is to blame.

by Anonymousreply 74September 17, 2021 7:00 PM

The views of "The View"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75September 17, 2021 7:01 PM

Southerners come to NYC so they can stand out side Fox News.

by Anonymousreply 76September 17, 2021 7:24 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77September 17, 2021 7:28 PM

Kareshas..

by Anonymousreply 78September 17, 2021 7:42 PM

R11 You're making fun of your Kansas neighbours for moving to Brooklyn for a better life from bumfuck yet, you're the one who never left their neighborhood. Methinks you're the one to mock here...

by Anonymousreply 79September 17, 2021 7:54 PM

Is R41 serious? If they are they need mental health help.

by Anonymousreply 80September 17, 2021 8:10 PM

Trash is trash. Race has nothing to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 81September 17, 2021 8:35 PM

[quote]Perhaps the Texans thought they were preventing an abortion. It is a commonly held belief in Texas you can get an abortion anywhere in New York.

Call the Texas hotline and say the women were in NYC seeking abortions!

by Anonymousreply 82September 17, 2021 9:02 PM

Is this typical restaurant etiquette in the US?

I usually just leave a reduced gratuity when I am dissatisfied with service.

by Anonymousreply 83September 17, 2021 9:27 PM

Judging from their first names, they are Black Karens.

by Anonymousreply 84September 17, 2021 9:32 PM

[quote]The tourists — Kaeita Nkeenge Rankin, 44, and Tyonnie Keshay Rankin, 21, both from Humble, along with Sally Rechelle Lewis, 49, of Houston — were given desk appearance tickets for assault, and released.

[quote]Kaeita Nkeenge Rankin said she and her party were not the aggressors.

[quote]“I’m 100% innocent,” she told the Daily News. “I’m going to talk to my lawyer and see what he allows me to say. But I can tell you It’s not true.”

by Anonymousreply 85September 17, 2021 9:40 PM

Carmine's is the loudest restaurant in the city. Not once piece of anything to reduce noise. Hard wood floors, cement walls, tin ceilings. No individual meals. Platters of food are brought to the table.

by Anonymousreply 86September 17, 2021 9:43 PM

Kaeita Nkeenge Rankin and Tyonnie Keshay Rankin - The names alone tell us they're trash.

by Anonymousreply 87September 17, 2021 9:46 PM

About 20 years ago, I attended a group dinner at that Carmine’s, and I have to admit that the food was delicious. Haven’t been back, because I live near Sandro’s, but it was surprisingly good.

by Anonymousreply 88September 17, 2021 9:48 PM

r86, considering they never made it into the restaurant and this happened outside at the hostess stand, the noise level inside doesn't seem relevant?

by Anonymousreply 89September 17, 2021 10:01 PM

These three Karens received a desk appearance ticket, which is an order to appear in the New York City Criminal Court for an arraignment. They won’t be back for that court appearance. They have probably already traveled back to Texas, laughing about crazy New Yorkers. I can just imagine Greg Abbott having a good laugh about this.

by Anonymousreply 90September 17, 2021 10:03 PM

R89 this was a warning for anyone who would like to hear the person sitting next to them.

by Anonymousreply 91September 17, 2021 10:04 PM

R90, Cops call a "Desk Appearence Ticket," a "Disappearence Ticket" since lots of people never show up for the hearing and can't be found

by Anonymousreply 92September 17, 2021 10:09 PM

Not shocked.

by Anonymousreply 93September 17, 2021 10:13 PM

Americans are the most spoiled and entitled.

by Anonymousreply 94September 17, 2021 10:18 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95September 17, 2021 10:20 PM

[quote]$100 says they were Staten Island italian trash.

They're not anti-vaxxers

by Anonymousreply 96September 17, 2021 10:38 PM

[quote]A white hostess at an Italian restaurant

According to the Datalounge Racial Purity Committee, Italians aren't white.

by Anonymousreply 97September 17, 2021 10:40 PM

Not all restaurants enforcing vaccine policy:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98September 17, 2021 10:41 PM

Carmine and Shirl Vo-Dee-O-Dooed!

by Anonymousreply 99September 17, 2021 10:46 PM

I've only been to Carmine's once and thought the food was absolutely horrible. That said, I hope they throw the book at these idiots for assaulting that young lady simply for doing her job.

by Anonymousreply 100September 17, 2021 10:58 PM

The tourist trap Carmine's was on 44th just west of Times Square. Closed over the last year. Landlord suing for back rent.

by Anonymousreply 101September 17, 2021 11:55 PM

[quote] Carmines is actually owned by Jews. These Texans thought they were getting authentic Italian food!

Jews can’t make Italian food? The only way to get authentic Italian food is by getting it shipped from Italy.

by Anonymousreply 102September 18, 2021 2:08 AM

They should have just gone to The Freakin Rican instead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103September 18, 2021 2:21 AM

They’re lucky I’m dead or else I would’ve sent the boys over to take care of them.

by Anonymousreply 104September 18, 2021 2:23 AM

Are any of these people black?

by Anonymousreply 105September 18, 2021 3:43 AM

Naturally the attackers are claiming racism.

-------

Late Friday, a lawyer representing the women issued a news release in which he said they all had vaccination proof that had been “questioned arbitrarily and unjustifiably” because they are Black and that they had not tried to “forcefully violate” the requirement that they show it to enter the restaurant.

The lawyer, Justin Moore, also said the hostess had been injured when other Carmine’s employees restrained her after she took offense at being “called out for racial discrimination.”

Mr. Bank denied Mr. Moore’s claims.

“The facts are not going to bear that out,” he said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106September 18, 2021 4:06 AM

You know people didn’t bitch and moan and throw fits when the seatbelt law was enacted, so I don’t understand what the deal is with people freaking out so much about having to be vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 107September 18, 2021 5:54 AM

^^We didn’t have Fox News, tRump or Magats back when seat belt laws were introduced.

by Anonymousreply 108September 18, 2021 8:07 AM

Even if she questioned their Texas vaxx ID, if such exists, it's not necessarily racist. Even if were racist beating her up is not a legally sanctioned response.

by Anonymousreply 109September 18, 2021 10:36 AM

I hope a Judy Judy type takes the case and throws their asses into jail.

by Anonymousreply 110September 18, 2021 11:29 AM

R107, there was a world of bitching and indignation when seat belts were introduced and then made mandatory. The manufacturers just added them to cars and the easiest thing to do was accept them. Plenty of people resisted their use.

If you wanted to bitch about it, you did it on your own. They resisted privately. There was no internet, no Facebook, nothing like it at all that could connect so many people and do it so quickly and efficiently and give them clout and presence. Not to mention community in their stupidity and brotherhood in their belligerence. That sense of belonging to a large group of like-minded people, no matter how stupid they are, creates a mob mentality. And we already know, the vaccine resisters are not the brightest lights.

by Anonymousreply 111September 18, 2021 12:27 PM

[quote]Even if she questioned their Texas vaxx ID, if such exists, it's not necessarily racist. Even if were racist beating her up is not a legally sanctioned response.

Don't even give them 1/32nd of an inch of that! What POSSIBLY could have been said to coerce a 49 and a 44 year old women to beat up a 22 year old woman in public and on the street? The lawyers statement does not work for me. I hope the two women lose their jobs (others have) and suffer from even more embarrassment because of this episode. RACISM? My eyes saw a few other Black folk in that restaurant. Have they claimed racism? But, I tell you who should have been arrested too... The BIG ASSED guy wearing the sagging pants with the red underwear showing! At the very least, the Board of Health should have been called in to shut the place down for allowing such a monstrosity into an eating establishment.

by Anonymousreply 112September 18, 2021 12:55 PM

Trash. What terrible humans. I almost pity them, but I’m more apathetic.

by Anonymousreply 113September 18, 2021 1:04 PM

[quote] The only way to get authentic Italian food is by getting it shipped from Italy.

I tried that but do you have any idea how much Door Dash charges for such a thing? Damn!

by Anonymousreply 114September 18, 2021 1:26 PM

Two black teens in Chicago stab a guard over mask mandate .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115September 18, 2021 2:36 PM

Check out their lips

by Anonymousreply 116September 18, 2021 2:36 PM

[quote] Perhaps the Texans thought they were preventing an abortion. It is a commonly held belief in Texas you can get an abortion anywhere in New York.

They were visiting NYC to get free abortions -- and then enjoy a celebratory meal at Carmine's.

by Anonymousreply 117September 18, 2021 2:40 PM

R115. Thugs.

by Anonymousreply 118September 18, 2021 2:47 PM

I've said this for years, self-control is a class issue. For some reason, lower income people do not teach their kids to maintain. They react to everything with physical rage and everything is taken as a personal affront. This is not a race thing either because "white trash" and low income Hispanics act out this way too.

by Anonymousreply 119September 18, 2021 2:49 PM

R106- The FACTS ARE these three woman are GHETTO TRASH.

by Anonymousreply 120September 18, 2021 5:22 PM

r120, why are you yelling at me? I was just quoting from the article.

Also, that "the facts are not going to bear that out" comment is from the restaurant's owner, meaning the facts will show the racism claims aren't true, so you're on the same side.

by Anonymousreply 121September 18, 2021 6:27 PM

R11 you and your building manager both sound like stuck-up cunts. He rolled his eyes at someone because they're from Kansas? People can't help where they're from. I admire them for going through the trouble of moving across the country to live somewhere better. You were born in Brooklyn, decided "well this is good enough" and never left.

by Anonymousreply 122September 18, 2021 6:37 PM

R121- I'm not yelling at you. I did not mean to give that impression. I was just trying to be funny and mock the article not you.

by Anonymousreply 123September 18, 2021 6:46 PM

R117 the meal at Carmine's would have been the abortion.

by Anonymousreply 124September 18, 2021 6:53 PM

The portions at Carmine's are huge. The fatties love that place. We went to the times square location before a show and the waitress asked "ever been before?" and we lied and said "yeah". We ordered like it was a regular restaurant. My lasagna was about a third of 9x13 pan. I felt like an idiot wasting so much food. I guess I missed the part of the menu stating the entrees are family sized for sharing. Oops.

by Anonymousreply 125September 18, 2021 7:37 PM

Those tourist places in Times Square specialize in serving gigantic portions at high prices. I guess you can take some home.

It's like they get two customers when serving one person especially at those prices.

by Anonymousreply 126September 18, 2021 7:55 PM

I've never been to Carmine's. Is it better or worse than Beppos?

by Anonymousreply 127September 18, 2021 8:10 PM

The three women from Texas are black and their lawyer's now trying to claim they were victims of racism.

by Anonymousreply 128September 18, 2021 8:54 PM

Oooooh, thanks for the “breaking” news there, Cronkite.

Nothing gets by you, except of course posts from yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 129September 18, 2021 9:10 PM

If there were other black diners in the restaurant the racism argument will not work.

Racism isn’t an excuse to assault someone, it’s a restaurant and the manager could have easily been alerted to the situation if that was the issue.

by Anonymousreply 130September 18, 2021 10:17 PM

did they catch the black guy who kicked a woman down the escalator in Brooklyn?

by Anonymousreply 131September 18, 2021 10:27 PM

[quote]Police say they refused to show proof of vaccination in order to eat inside.

Hmm...

by Anonymousreply 132September 18, 2021 10:59 PM

Real good footage. Interesting how the New York Post got it....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133September 18, 2021 11:14 PM

BUMP

by Anonymousreply 134September 18, 2021 11:14 PM

Good lord, look at the size of them! Like a herd of land whales.

by Anonymousreply 135September 18, 2021 11:56 PM

It seems that nowadays Carmine's attracts a GHETTO crowd.

by Anonymousreply 136September 19, 2021 12:05 AM

R135 Every thing is bigger in Texas!

by Anonymousreply 137September 19, 2021 12:12 AM

I didn't think those people liked Italian food.

by Anonymousreply 138September 19, 2021 12:20 AM

R133 how did the Post get it. I read the Post and the Times. They're both biases but if I read them both it balances out.

by Anonymousreply 139September 19, 2021 12:30 AM

I'm pretty sure everybody has the same footage. I saw the same clip yesterday (I think in the OP, but it's blocked out now for some reason).

by Anonymousreply 140September 19, 2021 2:49 AM

Carmines donates leftovers to the homeless so don’t feel bad about not cleaning your plate.

by Anonymousreply 141September 19, 2021 4:14 AM

BUMP

by Anonymousreply 142September 19, 2021 7:10 AM

[quote]Carmines donates leftovers to the homeless so don’t feel bad about not cleaning your plate.

That cannot possibly mean what you are suggesting. Surely they donate food that has not been served yet. They don't scrape food off your dirty plates.

by Anonymousreply 143September 19, 2021 7:18 AM

The recent NYT article says that the women are shown on security footage showing their vaccine cards, it was some men who joined them later who didn't. They were all asked to leave which they did, then the hostess says something to them as they're leaving, and words are exchanged. Then the party is allowed back in, but when the hostess walks past them, apparently she says or does something that causes two of the women to do a double-take and approach her again, and a fight breaks out.

I think we're going to find out the "Texas assholes beat up New Yorker who asked for their vax cards" narrative wasn't accurate.

[quote]Security camera footage reviewed by The New York Times shows three women, who were with several other people, being ushered into the restaurant after showing documentation near the entrance. Several minutes later, three men arrive to join the group, but only one of the three shows a vaccination card, lawyers for both sides said. A short time later, after the three women, who are Black, have joined the men outside, the fight breaks out.

[quote]In the footage, after the two men were denied entry, a server, wearing a white apron, comes out and talks to the hostess, making hand gestures as if explaining something. Then, footage shows the party of six leaving the restaurant. The hostess leans forward and says something, and the server pulls her back with her arms around her shoulder and gives it a tap, possibly to prevent her from engaging with them.

[quote]One of the women, Dr. Rankin, says something to the hostess, pointing a finger at her before getting into what appears to be a verbal dispute with other restaurant staff members, shaking her head. She and the others are led away by another employee, who is Black. Moments later, the party is led back inside the restaurant by its manager. The party crosses paths with the hostess who exits the restaurant.

[quote]Footage from inside the hallway shows the hostess brushing past the women as she exits, at which point the women appear to do a double take before pursuing her out the door. It is not clear what occurred in that moment or what might have motivated them to follow her.

[quote]Footage from outside the restaurant shows the hostess coming out. Seconds later, one of the patrons, who is wearing glasses, goes up to her from behind, speaks into her ear before shoving her and pulling at her collar. The hostess pushes back and claws back while others try to break them apart.

[quote]The melee moves off camera, and one of the attackers is hauled away by one of the servers and one of the men who wasn’t allowed in, while staff pull the hostess away, trying to calm her down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144September 19, 2021 7:23 AM

One of the women is a doctor or PhD?

by Anonymousreply 145September 19, 2021 7:28 AM

Yeah, Dr. Kaeita Rankin has a Ph.D. in Education.

by Anonymousreply 146September 19, 2021 7:31 AM

I poked around online and the woman in question is Dr. Kaeita Rankin Cole of Maryland, with multiple properties and businesses in at least two states. She owns businesses in Texas but I don't believe she's even a "Texas tourist."

No one on DL is going to believe me but I'm reasonably sure that the media screwed this one up.

by Anonymousreply 147September 19, 2021 7:37 AM

[quote]No one on DL is going to believe me but I'm reasonably sure that the media screwed this one up.

I told y'all....

Let me be clear, I'm not condoning anything that anyone did. I still believe that there is more that will be revealed. But, the way that this was initially reported did not make any sense to me.

by Anonymousreply 148September 19, 2021 9:21 AM

The hostess and the women got into some verbal altercation. But once you physically attack someone it’s an assault. The woman involved should face some punishment and if the hostess mishandled it, fire her, but BLM is planning. a protest at Carmines because this is so important. Can’t they just continue to scam money from guilty whites and find something else to protest.

by Anonymousreply 149September 19, 2021 12:53 PM

Exactly R149

If I had to guess, this is what went down:

The women started acting out when they were told their male companions could not join them because they didn't have vaccine cards, and possibly played the race cards when they were leaving the restaurant

The manager, not wanting to cause a scene and/or be called racist decided to let them back in, which pissed off the hostess who she was being undermined for just enforcing the rules.

She may have also been pissed that they were letting unvaxxed people into the restaurant as it makes her job more dangerous.

As the women were going back into the restaurant they said something to or about the waitress and she made some comment back.

The women ran out to the hostess stand to attack the hostess.

If I had to guess further and living not all that far from Carmine's, I suspect that alcohol was involved. Carmine's guests have to wait so long to be seated and then for their food that they are frequently drunk.

Poor hostess will be fired to get rid of the BLM protesters who at this point don't have a whole lot of support in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 150September 19, 2021 1:06 PM

The manager is a black woman. Do you really believe that the white hostess who works under her was suddenly going to "spew out the N-word", as the ridiculous and full of holes article in the NYT claims?

by Anonymousreply 151September 19, 2021 1:39 PM

And, for the record, the three Texan women were not racially profiled. They showed their vaccine cards and were allowed in, no problem. It's only when their male companions who do not have vaccine passes tried to join them that the problem started. Why the fuck were these women trying to sneak in people without vaccine passes?

by Anonymousreply 152September 19, 2021 1:41 PM

One of the men in this group - no doubt one of the unvaccinated men - had his underpants hanging halfway down his ass and his fugly crack and butt showing. I think that tells us something about their understanding of etiquette.

by Anonymousreply 153September 19, 2021 1:48 PM

[quote]The manager is a black woman. Do you really believe that the white hostess who works under her was suddenly going to "spew out the N-word", as the ridiculous and full of holes article in the NYT claims?

She most likely did not say the "N" word but the "B' word (BITCH!) could have been enough to set Kaeita off. "Who you callin' bitch, BITCH!"

by Anonymousreply 154September 19, 2021 2:03 PM

[quote] Why the fuck were these women trying to sneak in people without vaccine passes?

"Dick," honey. "Dick" and "pussy" will make you do the stupidest of things. Like the Reverend Al Green sang; "It'll make you come home early. Or, make you stay out all night long."

by Anonymousreply 155September 19, 2021 2:07 PM

It’s very simple. Whoever makes physical contact first is in the wrong. Which, in this case, was the customer.

It doesn’t matter what words were said. If you respond physically, you are wrong.

by Anonymousreply 156September 19, 2021 2:18 PM

Texas tourists accused of roughing up hostess at Carmine’s were racially profiled: attorney

Three Texas tourists accused of attacking a hostess at an Upper West Side restaurant over COVID-19 vaccination cards claim they were racially profiled and demand the firing of the hostess, who they say was the aggressor.

“This hostess clearly has some anger management issues and unfortunately her aggression and her violence led to something that three Black women are being punished for,” Texas civil rights lawyer Justin Moore said of the incident Thursday afternoon at Carmine’s.

A lawyer for Carmine’s unequivocally denied the Texas womens’ accusation.

“Any claim that they were racially profiled is a complete fabrication, disingenuous, and outright irresponsible,” said the lawyer, Carolyn Richmond.

Moore claims the three women — identified as Kaeita Rankin, 44, her niece Tyonnie Keshay Rankin, both of Humble, Texas, and Sally Rechelle Lewis, 49, of Houston — had already shown their cards and had been seated when two other members of their party, both men, said they had left their vaccination cards at their hotel.

That sparked an argument, and the hostess was rude to the three women, said Moore.

When the women decided to leave, the N-word was dropped and the hostess “lunged” at Rankin, sparking the fight, the lawyer said.

Cellphone video of the clash shows that as the Texas tourists struggled with the hostess, they almost knocked over the restaurant’s hostess podium. The video shows a man from Rankin’s party and a restaurant staffer carrying one of the tourists from the scene, said a source.

“The injuries that (the hostess) received were incurred by her being physically restrained by other staff at Carmine’s after she was called out for racial discrimination, which she took offense to,” Moore said.

The Texas trio were given desk appearance tickets for assault and released. They’re expected to answer the charges in Manhattan Criminal Court on Oct. 1.

“The hostess is apparently poorly trained to deal with patrons and has obvious issues with black women and has a disregard for women of color,” said Moore.

The hostess was treated at the scene but was not badly hurt, Carmine’s owner Jeffrey Bank told the Daily News Friday.

“She’s extremely shook up,” Bank said. “It’s inexcusable, ridiculous.”

Moore identified Kaeita Rankin as Texas businesswoman with a doctorate in education. Lewis is her assistant, according to Hawk Newsome, a co-founder of Black Lives Matter NY, who is helping the Rankin family.

“(They) were racially profiled at Carmine’s in Manhattan,” said Newsome, who plans to hold a protest in front of Carmine’s Monday. “The police showed up and arrested Dr. Rankin instead of arresting the person who assaulted her and those she was with.”

Rankin and her party have returned to Texas, where she’s encouraged her community to get vaccinated, Moore said.

“The fact that people are using the vaccination IDs as a proxy to justify the hostess’ bad acts just adds insult to injury and does a disservice to the policy,” Moore said.

A call to Rankin was not returned.

The city started enforcing a vaccine mandate this week requiring people to prove they’ve been jabbed in order to participate in a number of indoor activities in the five boroughs. That includes eating at restaurants, drinking in bars, working out, going bowling and catching a movie or show.

Noncompliant businesses get a $1,000 fine for the first offense, $2,000 for a second violation and $5,000 per incident for subsequent violations. City officials said the mandate will help keep New Yorkers safe and keep pandemic anxiety at bay.

Attempts to reach the hostess for comment on Moore’s claims were not successful Saturday.

by Anonymousreply 157September 19, 2021 2:18 PM

BLM just as bad as magas.

by Anonymousreply 158September 19, 2021 3:08 PM

The left media hates that they are black.

by Anonymousreply 159September 19, 2021 3:11 PM

R151, The Hostess was Asian.

I do not know who to believe here.

Is it going to get to the point where you have to wear a recording device with video and audio to defend yourself?

by Anonymousreply 160September 19, 2021 3:13 PM

[quote]I do not know who to believe here.

I agree. But, ya know where I would have started? I would have asked the male companions to go back to their hotel (escorted of course) and retrieve their vaccination cards. We'd see what exactly that would turn up first from that request and then build from that point.

by Anonymousreply 161September 19, 2021 3:21 PM

I doubt the hostess said Nigger .“ first, it’s not rational to utter that word at work especially at two large, intimidating women . I think they are lying . Poor hostess , and if she’s Asian , all hell will break loose . Blacks hate Asians

by Anonymousreply 162September 19, 2021 3:21 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 163September 19, 2021 3:37 PM

[quote] Yeah, Dr. Kaeita Rankin has a Ph.D. in Education.

That's an Ed.D., not a Ph. D.

by Anonymousreply 164September 19, 2021 3:41 PM

Those Texans needed to respect the hostess was just doing her job and consider whether the whole thing was something they were apt to remember on their deathbed.

It generally makes it a lot easier to behave properly. I force myself to think it through every time I have to line up or endure a call centre.

by Anonymousreply 165September 19, 2021 3:54 PM

I would be shocked if copious amounts of alcohol were not involved.

I don't live all that far from Carmiine's and that seems to be the drill--waits for tables and then for service are long and they get people soused in the interim to keep them happy.

Plus it's a lot easier to imagine them chasing the hostess out to the front of the restaurant to try and beat her up if they were drunk.

by Anonymousreply 166September 19, 2021 4:12 PM

[quote]BLM just as bad as magas.

Really? Explain that. BLM's mission is to eradicate white supremacy and build local power to intervene in violence inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes.

MAGA's mission is to what?

by Anonymousreply 167September 19, 2021 4:32 PM

BLM is a race hustle

by Anonymousreply 168September 19, 2021 4:40 PM

"White supremacy" is such a fucking stupid term r169. It's so divisive, as though every white person is a member of the Klan. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 169September 19, 2021 4:47 PM

BLM taking up these women's cause - when it's very obvious that they did something seriously wrong and this incident has nothing to do with race - simply shows what a divisive, nasty racist organisation it is.

by Anonymousreply 170September 19, 2021 4:49 PM

But, let us return to the question, R170...

MAGA's mission is to what?

by Anonymousreply 171September 19, 2021 4:55 PM

The video will prove, when examined closely, who threw the first punch as it were.

That's why we have courts.

by Anonymousreply 172September 19, 2021 5:05 PM

[quote]They showed their vaccine cards and were allowed in, no problem.

Not true that there was "no problem," the entire party was asked to leave because two of the three men didn't have their vax cards. The manager got involved and let those with their cards go back in and get re-seated.

by Anonymousreply 173September 19, 2021 5:08 PM

[quote]BLM taking up these women's cause - when it's very obvious that they did something seriously wrong

It's not.

[quote]simply shows what a divisive, nasty racist organisation it is.

Shut up, British troll. Go mind your own fucked-up country.

by Anonymousreply 174September 19, 2021 5:08 PM

R79 that makes no sense. Why would someone born and raised in Brooklyn leave for fuckers from Kansas? He is a native. They aren’t.

by Anonymousreply 175September 19, 2021 5:12 PM

[quote]Plus it's a lot easier to imagine them chasing the hostess out to the front of the restaurant to try and beat her up if they were drunk.

I don't think the three women chased the hostess to beat her up per se, it sounds like the hostess said something rude to them, two of the women followed her out to confront her, one of the ladies grabbed her collar and the hostess smacked her and then the fight started.

It also looks like it was primarily the younger woman (the Ph.D.'s daughter, probably) who did the fighting, the lady in the dress didn't do anything at all except try to stop the fight.

by Anonymousreply 176September 19, 2021 5:13 PM

Hey r79

How is this “their” neighborhood when they just moved here? Do you know how to use basic logical thinking? That made absolutely no sense.

by Anonymousreply 177September 19, 2021 5:14 PM

r175 and r177, cut it out. They didn't say anything about the Brooklyn guy needing to "leave for the people from Kansas," and you don't have to post multiple times, we saw it the first time.

New Yorkers on here whine all the time about transplants from places like Kansas but those people are trying to get a better life for themselves. DLers are always going on and on about how they left their shithole towns and made a new life in a bigger city, which apparently is fine for them but not for "these fuckers from Kansas." In contrast, those two Brooklyn guys in the story never left their hometown, and think they're better human beings because of it. It's stupid.

by Anonymousreply 178September 19, 2021 5:16 PM

I agree, R173. This just opens more questions for me;

Two of the men of their party had no vaccine cards and yet the 3 women went back into the restaurant to be re-seated? Who does that? Unless there was some understanding among the group that the women were going to eat (and it definitely looked like feeding time for at least two of them) and they would meet up later at another location and at a later time.

[quote]It also looks like it was primarily the younger woman (the Ph.D.'s daughter, probably) who did the fighting

That actually looked like the older woman to me. What happened to her shoes?

by Anonymousreply 179September 19, 2021 5:16 PM

She-boons having a chimpout?

by Anonymousreply 180September 19, 2021 5:19 PM

R178 no they aren’t. They’re here for social media. The turnover rate in NYC is at its highest ever. The average transplant lasts between 2-3 years now. Most of them don’t stay. They raise prices and then leave.

There are tons of cities in the USA where you can better your life. This isn’t the 70s. Everything available in NYC is available in every city now.

by Anonymousreply 181September 19, 2021 5:29 PM

R174, BLM is a shithole organisation that has promoted aggression and division. Now they're trying to excuse violent acts by people trying to violate the vaccine pass system and attacking innocent Asian waitresses.

by Anonymousreply 182September 19, 2021 5:39 PM

R173, the NYT article claims that the Texan women presented their vaccine passes and were allowed into the restaurant, with no problem. Apparently later three men from their party arrived, two of whom did not have vaccine passports. It's at this point that the women left the restaurant and attacked the young employee outside. Although, admittedly, the events and their sequence are not entirely clear.

by Anonymousreply 183September 19, 2021 5:42 PM

[quote] the hostess said something rude to them, two of the women followed her out to confront her

LOL R176 - excessive alcohol consumption would seem to be in play regardless as to whether they chased her to outside to "confront" her or try and beat the crap out of her,

Sober people tend not to overreact like that.

And R173 -- the women were there and seated (and presumably drinking). It was only later, when the guys arrived without their vax cards that things took a turn for the worse.

It's unclear who the manager was letting back in-- all of them, or just the women and the one vaxxed guy

by Anonymousreply 184September 19, 2021 5:54 PM

[quote] When the women decided to leave, the N-word was dropped and the hostess “lunged” at Rankin, sparking the fight, the lawyer said.

Notice what the group's lawyer does NOT say. He does not say the hostess dropped the N-word.

A hostess who works at a restaurant with a large black clientele and a black supervisor? No that hostess did not say that. No way. no how.

Unless I missed it the reports are that 2 of the 3 men who did not show their cards claimed they forgot them at the hotel. I don't think it says anything about whether the 3d male had a vaccination card or not.

And, just remember, "rude' can mean anything. Like rejecting your excuses for being unable to comply with the requirements for entry. Or the use of the word "Whatever."

by Anonymousreply 185September 19, 2021 5:55 PM

^^^ I reread the NY Times and it does say one of the 3 men showed some documentation.

Too bad the NYT can't be trusted for accuracy. We assume too much. The documents needs to show "fully vaccinated" for instance. But that may be another issue.

by Anonymousreply 186September 19, 2021 6:05 PM

This is why I generally avoid places where a lot of low class people of any race congregate.

by Anonymousreply 187September 19, 2021 6:08 PM

The aggressive and criminal behavior of these 3 heifers is inexcusable, I don’t care what was said they could have chosen a different and more effective path which would been a complaint to the manager and company followed by a post on social media if they wanted, instead they acted like the trash they are.

BLM is being used to manipulate the public against the restaurant and employee, it’s kinda hard to refute that an altercation took place since it’s on video so they are spinning this as racial profiling.

This in no way helps actual victims of racism.

by Anonymousreply 188September 19, 2021 6:16 PM

[quote]BLM is being used to manipulate the public against the restaurant and employee,

Maybe. My thought is that it is because the story took the angle of vaccine pass protestation rather than what it might really be about. The story from that angle grew legs and was off to the races. BLM may have been brought in to try and help bring the "truth" of the matter out.

[quote] it’s kinda hard to refute that an altercation took place since it’s on video so they are spinning this as racial profiling.

I don't see how that is going to work. What I believe that this is all going to come down to is an altercation that got out of control among a few hotheads.

by Anonymousreply 189September 19, 2021 6:30 PM

[quote] The Hostess was Asian.

[quote] I do not know who to believe here

I know. Many Asians are sneaky liars and many blacks are violent animals.

by Anonymousreply 190September 19, 2021 6:54 PM

[quote]It generally makes it a lot easier to behave properly. I force myself to think it through every time I have to line up or endure a call centre.

I get pissed off and impatient sometimes, but I have to pause and tell myself "these people are just doing their jobs. Relax. This is not important." Sometimes you just have to remind yourself about things like that.

by Anonymousreply 191September 19, 2021 8:01 PM

If I lived in Kansas I would want to GTFO of there and move to Brooklyn too!

by Anonymousreply 192September 19, 2021 8:02 PM

[Quote] I get pissed off and impatient sometimes, but I have to pause and tell myself "these people are just doing their jobs. Relax. This is not important." Sometimes you just have to remind yourself about things like that

I also tell myself, “These people aren’t the brightest, which is why they are stuck in these jobs.”

by Anonymousreply 193September 19, 2021 9:40 PM

R187 Carmine’s attracts mostly white people and it’s expensive

by Anonymousreply 194September 19, 2021 9:42 PM

[quote]I also tell myself, “These people aren’t the brightest, which is why they are stuck in these jobs.”

Oh, BOOOO, R193! BOO! BOO! BOOOOOO!

What a snob. What an elitist.

by Anonymousreply 195September 19, 2021 9:57 PM

Most black people are decent and smart. The ghetto mentality is not helpful or the norm. The media just loves their provocative stereotypes.

by Anonymousreply 196September 19, 2021 10:17 PM

Can we stop acting like there haven’t been NUMEROUS White people who’ve attacked others over masks etc.

by Anonymousreply 197September 19, 2021 10:19 PM

We're not acting like there haven’t been NUMEROUS White people who’ve attacked others over masks etc., r197.

by Anonymousreply 198September 19, 2021 10:52 PM

Carmine's as noted, is something of a tourist trap.

It's been around for something like 30 years, serving huge portions of red sauce Italian foods to people who are visiting NYC and want to eat "authentic New York Italian food" and not Olive Garden.

It's huge and is good at seating large parties, and, as I noted earlier, serving them lots of alcohol before the actual food arrives.

Looking at the web site, it appears that in addition to UWS and Times Square, they have locations in Atlantic City, Las Vegas and DC.

The prices are high but the entrees are meant to be shared -- as you can see from the photo, a chicken parm entree can easily feed two or three people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199September 19, 2021 11:25 PM

The owners of Carmine’s also own Virgil’s Barbecue and (I believe) Ollie’s. That Carmine’s on the UWS is also a Virgil’s. Perhaps the troublesome tourists were there for barbecue.

by Anonymousreply 200September 20, 2021 12:44 AM

R197, the false woke response

by Anonymousreply 201September 20, 2021 12:45 AM

BIG MISTAKE, IMHO

BIG, BIG, MISTAKE!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202September 20, 2021 6:08 PM

R202- as I said earlier BLM is a RACE HUSTLE.

by Anonymousreply 203September 20, 2021 7:59 PM

I don't think it's a race hustle, R203. I feel that they are "jumping the gun" far too quick here.

by Anonymousreply 204September 20, 2021 8:01 PM

Things start out with good intentions and without really strong and highly principled leadership can turn into hustles (race or otherwise) quickly. This does not just apply to Black organizations, it's a human thing. I believe the earlier Civil Rights movement had several strong moral and strategic roots, the Black elite and the Black colleges and the Black Church. That power extends to the present largely in Blacks over 60. BLM started out well but I don't know where it is going.

by Anonymousreply 205September 20, 2021 8:56 PM

To another palatial home in California?

by Anonymousreply 206September 20, 2021 9:15 PM

^ Okay... GREAT timing and that was funny--even though I don't agree

by Anonymousreply 207September 20, 2021 9:16 PM

Well, they had their rally--and it sounds like they're attacking the vaccine mandate as much as, if not more than, Carmine's.

"This vaccination card mandate to create more Sandra Blands, and more Breonna Taylors, it ends here," said Kimberly Bernard, an organizer of the Black Women's March in 2020. "Consider yourself served. Cancel Carmines's!"

Fuck that. The vaccine mandate is necessary. If the women there mistreated as they claim, that's a Carmine's issue, not a vaccine mandate issue. The fact that they're equating the two and using it as a reason to get rid of the mandate shows how much their priorities are screwed up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208September 20, 2021 11:43 PM

Ah...

So, the protest really wasn't about the incident but about the vaccine mandate....

Uh-huh... let's all stay tuned.

[quote]Multiple speakers mentioned that the vaccine mandate gives police a lopsided incentive to target Black people since the demographic is not as vaccinated as other groups. "We will not sit by and allow you to use this pandemic, vaccine mandate, and masks, as reasons to throw us in prison," one of the speakers said.

by Anonymousreply 209September 20, 2021 11:52 PM

And in a completely unsurprising development, Fox News is all over this story.

Bottom line though is that looking at the videos. the "protest" consisted of about 20-30 people max.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210September 20, 2021 11:56 PM

The far right and the far left meet.

BLM has gone off the rails. We do need to concentrate on police killing POC however.

by Anonymousreply 211September 20, 2021 11:59 PM

Let me throw this out for all of y'all to consider....

This incident was a setup. The Black population is not getting vaccinated in the numbers that other races are getting vaccinated--although that is improving. But, let's assume that the numbers are still low for the purpose of this post. The vaccine mandate will disproportionately affect the Black population. No restaurants. No bars & nightclubs. Loss of jobs, etc. So! is it so far fetched to think that BLM has teamed up with anti-vaxxer groups AND right-wing groups to get the mandate killed?

by Anonymousreply 212September 21, 2021 12:01 AM

OMG WHY IS THAT TROLL ALL OVER THIS THREAD?

And most replies to him are from himself!

by Anonymousreply 213September 21, 2021 12:02 AM

They say that the vaccine mandate is being used to put people in prison...but the police aren't enforcing the vaccine mandate. Hosts/hostesses, gym employees, etc. are the ones enforcing the mandate. The only reason the police got involved in this case is because the women attacked someone. If they hadn't, there would have been no arrest. It was completely separate from the vaccine mandate.

by Anonymousreply 214September 21, 2021 12:11 AM

[quote]"This vaccination card mandate to create more Sandra Blands, and more Breonna Taylors, it ends here," said Kimberly Bernard, an organizer of the Black Women's March in 2020. "Consider yourself served. Cancel Carmines's!"

Oh shut up you fucking ignorant cunt.

by Anonymousreply 215September 21, 2021 12:13 AM

[quote]Multiple speakers mentioned that the vaccine mandate gives police a lopsided incentive to target Black people since the demographic is not as vaccinated as other groups.

So GET VACCINATED. JFC. Always the victims. Always.

by Anonymousreply 216September 21, 2021 12:15 AM

[quote]They say that the vaccine mandate is being used to put people in prison...but the police aren't enforcing the vaccine mandate. Hosts/hostesses, gym employees, etc. are the ones enforcing the mandate.

But, the City is sending out undercover people to catch establishments that are not adhering to the mandate. The first offense is $1K and then goes up for future offenses. I read somewhere that so far only warnings have been issued to businesses that violate the mandate. However, I've been personally told by a friend that businesses are being charged the $1K. So, if you're a business owner what would you do? $1K is a heavy hit for any business in this current environment.

by Anonymousreply 217September 21, 2021 12:20 AM

This makes me want to have lunch at Carmine’s tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 218September 21, 2021 12:48 AM

Wokeness is the end of civilization.

by Anonymousreply 219September 21, 2021 4:14 AM

It's going to make more Breonna Taylor's? How is mandatory vaccination going to make more drug gang members? Will there be gangs hustling fake vaccines?

by Anonymousreply 220September 21, 2021 4:31 AM

The reason they're trying to switch attention to the vaccine mandate is that even BLM have realised that the Texan women were acting completely out of order and the hostess did nothing wrong.

by Anonymousreply 221September 21, 2021 7:40 AM

BLM protesting the restaurant lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222September 21, 2021 11:11 AM

As usual, it's about 12 screeching triggered morons causing havoc for everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 223September 21, 2021 11:17 AM

The attackers are now claiming the hostess called them the "n" word and that's why it all went to hell. Took 'em longer than expected to come up with that line. I'm sure their lawyer came up with it.

And if this has already been posted, well, tough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224September 21, 2021 11:42 AM

[quote]The attackers are now claiming the hostess called them the "n" word and that's why it all went to hell.

It doesn't matter. Someone pointed that out above, Even if that were true the educated "doctor" woman didn't know how to handle that situation properly and in a better manner? Again! WHAT HAPPENED TO HER SHOES???

by Anonymousreply 225September 21, 2021 11:50 AM

[quote] Again! WHAT HAPPENED TO HER SHOES???

They're from Texas. In Texas when people get into a fight they always remove some sort of clothing, I assume so they will have more ease of movement. Males most often remove their shirt, and I guess females remove their shoes. 😁

by Anonymousreply 226September 21, 2021 11:55 AM

Now, isn't Andy Ngo the journalist/whatever that claims to have been severely beaten by BLM or Antifa? I'm telling y'all... I am SO smellin' setup in all of this. Andy Ngo, FOX, etc... Nuh-uh... the rhythm is just not right here. Something is off.

[quote]Andy Cuong Ngo (/noʊ/ n-oh; born c. 1986) is an American conservative journalist,[1][2][3] author, and social media personality known for covering and video-recording demonstrators.[4] He is the editor-at-large of The Post Millennial, a Canadian conservative news website.[5] Ngo is a regular guest on Fox News,[6] and has published columns in outlets such The Spectator[7] and The Wall Street Journal.[8] Ngo's coverage of antifa and Muslims has been controversial, and the accuracy and credibility of his reporting have been disputed by other journalists. He has been frequently accused of sharing misleading or selective material,[9][10][11] described as a provocateur,[12][13][14] and accused of having links with militant right-wing and far-right groups in Portland.[15][16][17]

by Anonymousreply 227September 21, 2021 12:15 PM

[quote] "We will not sit by and allow you to use this pandemic, vaccine mandate, and masks, as reasons to throw us in prison," one of the speakers said.

OMG. Drama KAWEEEEEEN!!!

by Anonymousreply 228September 21, 2021 1:10 PM

To be honest, it only makes sense if the hostess called them something nasty.

We're being racist by assuming that Southern Blacks would just attack someone for the hell of it.

They know the rules require vaccination, so why would they suddenly get angry when the hostess is enforcing the law. The women went in first without issues after showing their vaccination proof. Of course the men would be treated the same way.

The situation escalated for some reason. WHY?

by Anonymousreply 229September 21, 2021 1:34 PM

[quote]They know the rules require vaccination, so why would they suddenly get angry when the hostess is enforcing the law.

Are you new to America?

by Anonymousreply 230September 21, 2021 1:35 PM

R229, they know the rules require vaccination yet they still tried to get two of their party who were unvaccinated into the restaurant. They sound like trouble-making assholes to me.

by Anonymousreply 231September 21, 2021 1:54 PM

[quote]they still tried to get two of their party who were unvaccinated into the restaurant

No, the manager said they could stay along with the vaccinated guys who showed up, but without the unvaccinated guys, and so they agreed and were going back in. That doesn't sound like they were trying to get their unvaxxed friends in with them.

by Anonymousreply 232September 21, 2021 2:09 PM

We saw the lawyer's statement before. Unless he issued a later statement the lawyer specifically said, "the n-word was dropped" and does not say who dropped it. Iassume he wants people to assume the hostess said it but he leaves out that detail while detailing the rest of the incident.

Yahoo news is an incredibly biased news aggregator. They always misreport or rewrite news stories to give it the slant they want. They stopped allowing commenrs when they regularly got pushback often by posters correcting their inaccuracies. They claimed they were suspending comments to create a safe space essentially.

The part in that I think is new, to me at least, is that the IDs shown did not match the vaccination cards. The NYT article claimed 2 of the 3 men said they left their vax cards at their hotel. Have thes 3 men been ID'd yet?

So is this what the lawyer hoped would happen? Someone else would actually say the hostess uttered the n-word while he could still cover his ass - unlike that uncouth diner with his pants hanging down past his ass?

by Anonymousreply 233September 21, 2021 2:34 PM

In other news the sale of red underpants in XXL is skyrocketing!

by Anonymousreply 234September 21, 2021 2:36 PM

New video released

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235September 21, 2021 3:57 PM

Will They loot and burn the restaurant down soon?

by Anonymousreply 236September 21, 2021 4:06 PM

R235- Look at that black guy with his pants down to his ankles and his red underwear showing these people are -

TOTAL GHETTO THUGS

by Anonymousreply 237September 21, 2021 4:07 PM

[quote]People please leave TAWANA, SHIRONA, and WILONA alone.

[quote]GHETTO TRASH.

[quote]GHETTO crowd.

[quote]BLM is a race hustle

[quote]BLM is a RACE HUSTLE.

[quote]TOTAL GHETTO THUGS

I think you need to be more racist, r237. Also, if you use more caps, you'll sound more eloquent and sane.

by Anonymousreply 238September 21, 2021 4:11 PM

R232, it's a well-known fact that you need a vaccine pass to enter a restaurant in New York and there are posters outside every restaurant announcing this. They would all have known that the two guys without the vaccine passports would not have been allowed to enter. So why did they even try to get those two guys into Carmine's, when they knew that they would be rejected?

by Anonymousreply 239September 21, 2021 4:20 PM

Well... NOW, I'd like to hear from Mr. lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 240September 21, 2021 4:39 PM

We don't know that the women did, r239. Maybe the guys were vaxxed and forgot their cards, or someone else invited them along and they didn't even think to ask if they were vaxxed first. We don't know who the guys were.

We do know that the women were fine with going ahead with lunch without the guys who couldn't get in, because that's what they were standing in the lobby waiting to do when the altercation started. That's why I don't think you can definitively say they were trying to get those guys in.

by Anonymousreply 241September 21, 2021 4:53 PM

September 20 2021 Manhattan, New York - Hawk Newsome and BLM Protesters held a press conference and then confronted the restaurant following a viral video which was described as three black women from Texas assaulting a hostes over vaccine cards.

BLM Is disputing that statement, Newsome said the women were accused of having fake vaccine cards and were later let in, at which time the hostes reportedly called them an N word, after which the fight began.

At this time restaurant is refusing to release full video of the incident.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242September 21, 2021 4:54 PM

justin.a.moore (the lawyer and his statement from 9/20)

Over the weekend, the New York Times reported that there is surveillance footage that depicts something completely different than what the NYPD included in their police report. What is shown on the surveillance footage is a non-black hostess at Carmines provoking confrontation after three black women, Dr. Kaeita Rankin, her niece Tyonnie Rankin and her assistant Sally Lewis, were being ushered into Carmines, along with three other men who were joining them. Carmines has now come to concede that there was no material issue with the vaccine proof that this party presented that would have kept them from allowing Dr. Rankin and co. to dine in the restaurant that night. Unfortunately, Carmines and the hostess in question lied to the police to save face from the hostess’ virulently racist behavior. What was further shown on the footage, as detailed by the NY Times, is the hostess harassing Dr. Rankin and her associates to the point where she had to be physically restrained by an employee after she lunged after one of the women in the party. Unfortunately, it has been reported that this footage does not include audio, but if it did, we would expect the audio to further display the racist epithets and derogatory language that Dr. Rankin and company have alleged this hostess used against them.

It is unfortunate that Carmines and their hostess were able to lie to the police to avoid being held accountable for this hostess’ racism. She physically and verbally provoked confrontation, and then played the victim to criminalize these three black women. This is an unfortunate trend in this country where people who are afforded privilege and access to the police wield it as a weapon against black people. Now, unfortunately, these same people seek to use a vaccine policy- that is needed to quell the pandemic-to further their own agendas and calcify their privilege vis a vis to that of their fellow black citizens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243September 21, 2021 5:12 PM

His statements leave a lot of unanswered questions and are vague on some issues. Where did this guy go to law school? He should be clearer on the details UNLESS he is deliberately NOT being clear on the details.

by Anonymousreply 244September 21, 2021 6:40 PM

Fittin’ ta git paid

by Anonymousreply 245September 21, 2021 7:09 PM

[quote]Where did this guy go to law school?

Probably to the same law school that Hawk Newsom went to.

by Anonymousreply 246September 21, 2021 8:54 PM

They should arm the hostesses with pepper spray.

by Anonymousreply 247September 21, 2021 8:59 PM

OMG r235 what a bunch of animals!

by Anonymousreply 248September 21, 2021 9:22 PM

Has YourMillennialFriend chimed in yet? He lives right around there.

by Anonymousreply 249September 21, 2021 9:22 PM

R249, he's too busy practicing his dish stacking technique.

by Anonymousreply 250September 21, 2021 9:29 PM

I'm with the black gals. Proof of vaccination is not something black ladies would fight over. Being called the n-word is.

by Anonymousreply 251September 21, 2021 9:32 PM

No NYC hostess is going to call anybody the N word out at her station in front of other customers, even at Carmines.

These "ladies" behaved like gutter trash because they were questioned about their vax status or there was something weird about their vax documentation.

by Anonymousreply 252September 21, 2021 9:36 PM

R241, what we know is that things got ugly when the two non-vaxxed guys turned up and tried to get into the restaurant. We also know that the Texans were aggressive and violent.

by Anonymousreply 253September 21, 2021 9:40 PM

BLM protestors telling a gay Guardian Angel to "suck dick, bitch". They also told him he had no right to be there even though he lives around there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254September 21, 2021 9:45 PM

This seems to be the specific tweet with the gay Guardian Angel. aka GGA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255September 21, 2021 10:11 PM

This is a real Grift. They’re not going to be satisfied until Black Supremacy reigns over us all.

by Anonymousreply 256September 22, 2021 12:36 AM

These incidents where minimum wage staff who just doing their job are assaulted and purposely exposed to covid is disgusting. No, I don't believe the n word was used, that is something the perps made up after the fact to justify their outrageous behavior.

by Anonymousreply 257September 22, 2021 1:20 AM

[quote] They also told him he had no right to be there

The irony escapes them.

by Anonymousreply 258September 22, 2021 11:26 AM

So, the fat woman in the flowery dress is the doctor. The young men (according to the lawyer) were people from the music industry who the ladies were meeting with. Of course, the doctor (according to the lawyer) is receiving death threats (yawn)

by Anonymousreply 259September 22, 2021 12:18 PM

More Carmine's Security footage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260September 22, 2021 10:28 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261September 22, 2021 10:33 PM

Why did the whole party even enter the restaurant again since the two without vaccine passes were banned?

by Anonymousreply 262September 22, 2021 10:48 PM

It's not that serious. ORDER TAKEOUT.

by Anonymousreply 263September 22, 2021 11:28 PM

They did, r263. Right before they went out to eat. This was “second supper.”

They are rather rotund.

by Anonymousreply 264September 23, 2021 12:10 AM

Wow, those videos! The only thing that's missing is Charlton Heston.

by Anonymousreply 265September 23, 2021 1:44 AM

They were arraigned today, and plead not guilty.

The hostess also issued a statement:

"On September 16th, I was working as a hostess at Carmine's," she said. "The law requires us to check whether people are vaccinated. I did my job in order to protect my co-workers and the other customers from the possibility of getting the COVID virus. The accusation stating that I said a racial slur is unbelievable. I am a Korean immigrant, I was born in Seoul, Korea. I have the utmost respect for all BIPOC. I would never call anyone a racial slur. People lying about that is even worse than being physically assaulted. I want to make sure that neither myself nor my fellow co-workers are attacked again for trying to protect ourselves and our customers from the COVID virus."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266October 6, 2021 11:36 PM

**Sorry--that was yesterday. (I thought today was Tuesday for some reason.)

by Anonymousreply 267October 6, 2021 11:37 PM

It's unlikely the little hostess uttered a racial slur in front of her colleagues, many of whom look black. The assailants made that shit up after the fact.

by Anonymousreply 268October 6, 2021 11:44 PM

[quote]**Sorry--that was yesterday. (I thought today was Tuesday for some reason.)

STOP DRINKING, R266!

by Anonymousreply 269October 6, 2021 11:50 PM

[quote] They were arraigned today, and plead not guilty.

Oh, DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 270October 7, 2021 10:37 AM

[quote]It's unlikely the little hostess uttered a racial slur in front of her colleagues, many of whom look black. The assailants made that shit up after the fact.

I have no idea if the hostess said anything racist but you can tell from the video that they reacted RIGHT THEN as if she had. This wasn't something made up after the fact, they genuinely thought she'd said something, and they react to it immediately.

The thing is, you can tell they don't quite know what they heard at first. It was very much a "wait, did you hear what I heard?" moment.

My personal opinion is that it wasn't the hostess but someone else and they just assumed it was the hostess. It may not have even been a slur that they heard. Tensions were high because the hostess apparently wanted to remove them all and the manager had to step in and let those who had their proof of vaccination back to their table. They were already irritated at the hostess, two of them overheard something they thought was an insult or a slur, and they lost their temper.

by Anonymousreply 271October 7, 2021 11:21 AM

[quote]I have no idea if the hostess said anything racist but you can tell from the video that they reacted RIGHT THEN as if she had. This wasn't something made up after the fact, they genuinely thought she'd said something, and they react to it immediately.

If you look at one of these videos it appears as if the Hostess bumped into one of them. To me, it appears as if it was accidental (if it happened at all) but it was perceived by one of them as having been done on purpose. I'm agree with others that it would be very highly unlikely that the Hostess said a racial slur.

by Anonymousreply 272October 7, 2021 11:28 AM

It's too bad those hyenas didn't beat r270's ass.

by Anonymousreply 273October 7, 2021 3:44 PM

The mental gymnastics here are quite a stretch. It is extreeemely unlikely that the hostess used any kind of slur. Those people were looking for a fight and probably hoping for a comped meal.

by Anonymousreply 274October 7, 2021 5:53 PM

She said "Proof please or leave" and they flipped.

by Anonymousreply 275October 8, 2021 1:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!