Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

15-year-old girl laughed about killing Seattle jogger with car, police say

A 15-year-old girl intentionally drove into a man jogging outside Seattle in July, killing him, and then laughed about it later with friends, according to police.

Cops investigating the death of Greg Moore, 53, had made marginal progress until the girl’s father took her to a Seattle police station and turned her in on Sept. 9, the Seattle Times reported.

Police said the teenager stole her godmother’s 2004 Toyota Camry on July 18 and took a joyride around the Seattle area with a 14-year-old passenger, according to the Times.

Cops said the girl was speeding through Maple Valley, about 20 minutes south of downtown, and spotted Moore jogging, according to the Kent Reporter. “I’m going to scare him, I’m going to bump him,” the girl told the passenger, who relayed that quote to investigators.

That “bump” sent Moore flying over the vehicle, and the crash fractured his skull, the Times reported. Moore’s body was found in a ditch later that morning. The girl behind the wheel later told her friends about the crash and laughed about it, according to police.

The 15-year-old was charged with second-degree murder and one count of hit-and-run in juvenile court, according to local NBC affiliate KING. She pleaded not guilty Wednesday.

Because the girl was charged as a juvenile, she’ll be eligible for release at age 21 even if she is convicted. King County prosecutors said her lack of criminal record made trying the case in adult court impractical, KING reported.

Moore’s widow, Michelle, told the station that she felt a juvenile sentence wasn’t enough and that the teen was “getting away” with murder if she only served the maximum six years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88October 2, 2021 6:19 PM

Psychopath

by Anonymousreply 1September 17, 2021 8:04 AM

And she'll still be a psychopath when she gets out at 21. That kind of casual evil doesn't change.

by Anonymousreply 2September 17, 2021 8:08 AM

I’m glad her father turned her in.

That must have been quiet a car ride to the police station.

by Anonymousreply 3September 17, 2021 8:55 AM

She'll be in middle management or HR in a decade.

by Anonymousreply 4September 17, 2021 9:21 AM

This girl is clearly a psychopath and getting out of jail at 21 after doing that is beyond fucked up.

She killed someone like it was nothing and LAUGHED about it, she will almost certainly kill again.

by Anonymousreply 5September 17, 2021 10:03 AM

This is why we need abortions.

by Anonymousreply 6September 17, 2021 10:14 AM

She'll be out at 21. Adult charges should be used for juveniles, depending on the seriousness of the crime. She needs many years in prison.

by Anonymousreply 7September 17, 2021 10:20 AM

No “Told ya I was hardcore” post yet? You’re slipping DL

by Anonymousreply 8September 17, 2021 10:21 AM

No, not slipping, just not retarded.

by Anonymousreply 9September 17, 2021 10:24 AM

HAHA

by Anonymousreply 10September 17, 2021 10:26 AM

Another one that managed to make it out of the Abortion Hut unscathed.

by Anonymousreply 11September 17, 2021 10:46 AM

She has a vagina, so, you know…..

by Anonymousreply 12September 17, 2021 11:08 AM

I don't understand why 13 year olds can be charged as adults everywhere else in the country but they seem pretty sure she won't be.

They usually do psyche evaluations for that, don't they?

by Anonymousreply 13September 17, 2021 11:12 AM

The horrible news is that this thugette is going to get off with what amounts to a slap on the wrist. The excellent news is that when she does it again (because that's the kind of thugette she is), they're going to lock her deplorable ass up for a LONG time.

by Anonymousreply 14September 17, 2021 11:16 AM

Future DL icon?

by Anonymousreply 15September 17, 2021 11:19 AM

Her father turned her in...

I guess he deserves some credit for finally deciding to be a fucking parent. Monsters like that little cunt aren't born, they're made. There's a reason for her behavior.

by Anonymousreply 16September 17, 2021 11:22 AM

Some people are born sociopathic, R16 , and good or bad parenting makes no difference..

by Anonymousreply 17September 17, 2021 11:27 AM

Rhoda!

by Anonymousreply 18September 17, 2021 11:28 AM

The widow should get some kid in juvie lockup to shiv that fucking cunt.

by Anonymousreply 19September 17, 2021 11:30 AM

R16 yeah, her father turning her in sounds like he knew quite well what he was dealing with. It speaks of "last straw" parenting.

by Anonymousreply 20September 17, 2021 11:31 AM

RIP jogger. Too bad she didn't hit a bicyclist instead.

by Anonymousreply 21September 17, 2021 11:32 AM

That poor widow. If I was the widow, I would prefer that they never caught the person, then to know they were caught yet given a slap on the wrist. It feels more traumatic to know your husband’s life is only worth 6 years.

by Anonymousreply 22September 17, 2021 11:36 AM

R3

God mother contacted authorities after seeing her car pictured in news coverage of crime. Little schweinhund then turned herself in accompanied by the father.

by Anonymousreply 23September 17, 2021 11:40 AM

"Cops said the girl was speeding through Maple Valley, about 20 minutes south of downtown, and spotted Moore jogging, according to the Kent Reporter. 'I’m going to scare him, I’m going to bump him,' the girl told the passenger, who relayed that quote to investigators."

I've been a runner since I was young (I was even nationally ranked for cross country in high school and college) and there are a shocking amount of people who love to "scare" runners.

by Anonymousreply 24September 17, 2021 11:41 AM

Where are the pictures of her? or her father?

by Anonymousreply 25September 17, 2021 11:45 AM

Should have nipped this in the bud.

by Anonymousreply 26September 17, 2021 11:51 AM

Better coverage of story.

At only 15 years of age, Kasama Smith sounds like a nasty piece of work. She'll become one of the great slatterns of her generation sure as eggs is eggs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 17, 2021 11:51 AM

From R27.

[quote]As heartbreaking as this case is, it’s also highly unlikely a juvenile court judge would allow this individual — a 15-year-old with no criminal history — to have her case handled in adult court

No criminal history that they KNOW of.

Here’s hoping all of her prior heinous acts start to emerge.

by Anonymousreply 28September 17, 2021 11:57 AM

[quote]She'll become one of the great slatterns of her generation...

...despite stiff, almost insurmountable competition.

by Anonymousreply 29September 17, 2021 12:00 PM

Sterilization should be part of the sentence; otherwise this piece of trash will begin breeding as soon as she is released.

by Anonymousreply 30September 17, 2021 12:03 PM

That's true r24 and I had no idea until I almost swerved into a guy I knew on a motorcycle back in the 1990s. When I later saw him I said I was sorry, I'd dropped something on the floor that got under my foot briefly, and he said, "Oh, I thought you were just joking, people are always swerving at me as a joke." I was mortified.

by Anonymousreply 31September 17, 2021 12:04 PM

I think the fact that both the godmother and the father went to the police instead of trying to get that reward money is pretty telling. If they were psychopaths like this girl, they wouldn't have immediately gone to the cops, they'd have covered it up or finagled for the reward.

by Anonymousreply 32September 17, 2021 12:07 PM

If that godmother recognized her own car on news media, it wouldn't have taken long before person or persons did also. Then only question would be who drops a quarter first.

by Anonymousreply 33September 17, 2021 12:14 PM

R30 I'm shocked the isn't already pregnant.

R33 the godmother was likely freaking out because she would be the person the police would come to first, and possibly get arrested.

by Anonymousreply 34September 17, 2021 12:17 PM

My parents called the cops on my sister in high school for drugs. They absolutely would have turned her in for a murder and run.

by Anonymousreply 35September 17, 2021 12:19 PM

I think the proper course of action would be to give her some extra vitamins.

by Anonymousreply 36September 17, 2021 12:22 PM

Does godmother here refer somehow to the Mafia?

by Anonymousreply 37September 17, 2021 12:24 PM

Godmother could also be her pimp.

by Anonymousreply 38September 17, 2021 12:27 PM

R24, you and people on Reddit say that, but as a former high school and college cross country runner, and now recreational runner, I can honestly say I've been lucky this has never happened.

Not to victim blame, but I've also never been one to run in areas with heavy or even moderate traffic.

by Anonymousreply 39September 17, 2021 12:34 PM

Actually, R16, there are genetic links to psychopathy and sociopathy. The father seems to have a conscience, so, she did not inherit it from him.

Chatty little thing, isn't she? Wonder if anyone else would have turned her in? If I was one of the many she told, I would be afraid she would come for me.

by Anonymousreply 40September 17, 2021 12:35 PM

I think there are fewer drivers using their cars to taunt runners than there are careless entitled runners who don't want to break their stride and take all sorts of risks in places they shouldn't be running in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 41September 17, 2021 12:39 PM

This is Data Lounge. We need some basic information about this hit and run.

1. Was the dead guy hot?

2. Was he shirtless and sweaty, clad only in a jock and sexy running shorts, when she hit him?

3. Who got his stuff?

by Anonymousreply 42September 17, 2021 12:41 PM

I wonder if the widow can file a $$$$$ civil suit against her family?

by Anonymousreply 43September 17, 2021 12:50 PM

If she were a good looking he, you cunts would be salivating over him and excusing his crime. If she was also a he, he'd be locked up for life.

by Anonymousreply 44September 17, 2021 12:52 PM

Years ago, a joyriding Chinese Seattle immigrant kid, a bit older, killed a pedestrian. He's in prison for many years after a manslaughter plea; shocked that unlike back home the family couldn't bribe their way out of it.

by Anonymousreply 45September 17, 2021 12:53 PM

Yes, they probably can. A conviction on the criminal charge would help that along.

It's probably pointless unless the girl's parents are wealthy or have great insurance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46September 17, 2021 12:53 PM

Stick on twenty years of probation with surprise drug tests and registering as a felon.

by Anonymousreply 47September 17, 2021 12:54 PM

R44 maybe you can actually complain about something actually happening, not just the made up strawman in your head?

by Anonymousreply 48September 17, 2021 12:58 PM

R47 each drug test should be more surprising than the last!

by Anonymousreply 49September 17, 2021 12:58 PM

The jogger was 53 years old- that's FIRMLY in DL people territory. He could have been one of us.

by Anonymousreply 50September 17, 2021 1:00 PM

From r27, after the godmother turned the car over to the cops:

"The girl allegedly returned to her godmother’s home on Sept. 7, found that the vehicle was gone, and got into an argument with her, smashing things and fleeing on foot. Her father ultimately turned her in to the police on Sept. 9."

She's a fucking psycho.

by Anonymousreply 51September 17, 2021 1:03 PM

Oh, no. The late Mr. Moore is going to get no sympathy here.

He's one of those runners for whom running seems to add 10 years to his appearance, instead of magically erasing 10 years.

This won't play well at Data Lounge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52September 17, 2021 1:06 PM

My former sister in law and her husband thought running bicyclists off the road was great fun. The best man broth told an absolutely detailed story of their exploits in his wedding toast. Psychopaths. They even pulled this around organized road races, pelting the cyclists with bottles of water. Both are in prominent professional positions. Scary how many of these types there are in society. Wonder how their kids will turn out?

RIP poor jogger.

by Anonymousreply 53September 17, 2021 1:06 PM

R52 oh, fuck off with the DL bashing.

He was cute and obviously fit from the jogging. A loss to all!

by Anonymousreply 54September 17, 2021 1:08 PM

People in cars focus intently on pedestrians, like lions in the grass looking for a weak wildebeest.

by Anonymousreply 55September 17, 2021 1:47 PM

Yeah, it sounds like the kid was a she-beast from hell. I was suspended that so many people were so eager to see her be punished. I’d bet she’s been a thorn in their sides for her entire life.

by Anonymousreply 56September 17, 2021 2:54 PM

^^ surprised.

by Anonymousreply 57September 17, 2021 2:55 PM

R43 I doubt folks driving a 2003 Camry have the liquidity necessary to pay any type of civil settlement.

by Anonymousreply 58September 17, 2021 3:03 PM

The car the kid took on a joyride belonged to her GODMOTHER not her parents.

by Anonymousreply 59September 17, 2021 3:18 PM

Who takes a car on a joyride at 6 am? Was the godmother a late sleeper?

by Anonymousreply 60September 17, 2021 3:38 PM

[quote]Who takes a car on a joyride at 6 am?

The kid hadn't gotten home yet after a night out.

by Anonymousreply 61September 17, 2021 3:39 PM

I'm fairly certain this psycho bitch is already runny my company's benefits department.

by Anonymousreply 62September 17, 2021 3:49 PM

This sick chick is destined for a career in non-profit management.

by Anonymousreply 63September 17, 2021 6:09 PM

10 years from now she'll be trying to revive the "Live, Laugh, Love" wall stenciling trend. All the signs are there.

by Anonymousreply 64September 17, 2021 7:52 PM

2004???????!?! - Toyota sure knows how to build a car. I bet it hardly uses any oil at all. Oh and the bich should be buried alive.

by Anonymousreply 65September 17, 2021 7:57 PM

A friend that I grew up with was killed by a car while he was jogging. This sucks

by Anonymousreply 66September 17, 2021 8:05 PM

Hope she gets raped and murdered in her facility for human garbage.

by Anonymousreply 67September 18, 2021 6:29 AM

Looks like he was rich too, at R52.

A home like that in Seattle is definitely worth over a million bucks.

by Anonymousreply 68September 18, 2021 6:10 PM

[quote] there are genetic links to psychopathy and sociopathy. The father seems to have a conscience

I'm not so sure about that, since it was the godmother who turned her in, and not the father.

Sounds like the father was just doing what he knew he had to do, since he had no choice.

Which is still one step above the Laundrie family, who hid their son, and then helped him escape to somewhere unknown.

by Anonymousreply 69September 18, 2021 6:11 PM

Maple Valley is not outside of Seattle, it's a distant town in the same county. 15 year olds are children.

by Anonymousreply 70September 18, 2021 6:14 PM

Well, this is depressing. Except that the father turned her in. But still, the sum total is really just awful.

by Anonymousreply 71September 18, 2021 6:19 PM

Sheesh. Remember the good ole days, when stealing grandma’s car meant driving really carefully, and praying you didn’t get pulled over on your way to Baskin Robins for an ice cream cone?

Also, the kid is very likely a psychopath, and would’ve eventually harmed someone gravely or mortally wounded them, regardless of her age. In a way, it’s better that she was caught now, because she will have a rap sheet and will very likely go back to prison like most criminal psychopaths tend to do.

The most dangerous psychopaths are the smartest ones who manage to never be held accountable for their crimes.

Condolences to his widow. That’s so sad.

by Anonymousreply 72September 18, 2021 6:36 PM

What is Kasama Smith's ethnicity and class? Why didn't the friend in the car turn her in? Why didn't the other friends who heard her laugh about it turn her in? The story as told indicates a feral, lawless youth.

by Anonymousreply 73September 18, 2021 6:43 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74September 18, 2021 6:45 PM

R41 What does one thing have to do with the other? Are you justifying drivers taunting runners for being where they annoy drivers? I've been out *walking* when drivers have swerved like they're going to hit me. I had some kids point a handgun at me once as they drove by. Scared the living crap out of me. But blame the victims.

by Anonymousreply 75October 2, 2021 1:52 PM

“I’ll do it again if I have to…” 🚗

by Anonymousreply 76October 2, 2021 1:56 PM

IS her name Laura Bush?

by Anonymousreply 77October 2, 2021 2:11 PM

[quote]Sheesh. Remember the good ole days, when stealing grandma’s car meant driving really carefully, and praying you didn’t get pulled over on your way to Baskin Robins for an ice cream cone?

R72 No, but I remember the good old days when I wouldn't have stolen anyone's car, least of all grandma's.

by Anonymousreply 78October 2, 2021 2:21 PM

This entitled girl will get in continual trouble in stir, resulting in additional charges. When she does come out, she’ll be a hardened criminal. If she isn’t murdered first.

by Anonymousreply 79October 2, 2021 2:51 PM

R74 that story broke my heart. I posted the article about it when it happened but the thread was deleted. That poor man. Just seeing the photo of him in your story makes me sad.

by Anonymousreply 80October 2, 2021 3:08 PM

Girl should be charged as an adult and left to rot in jail.

I don't care what idiot child advocates say - she's irredeemable. And yes, you can be at 15 years old.

There are consequences to actions - but apparently, people like Sirhan Sirhan and the Manson girls deserve more empathy and compassion than their dead victims.

by Anonymousreply 81October 2, 2021 3:10 PM

“Terrible father, turning his own flesh and blood into the police.”

by Anonymousreply 82October 2, 2021 3:26 PM

If she were male and did the same thing theyd charge her as an adult. Assuming she’s not wealthy of coursez

by Anonymousreply 83October 2, 2021 3:38 PM

R9 is new.

by Anonymousreply 84October 2, 2021 3:48 PM

Sterilize the cunt, or at least mandate Norplant.

by Anonymousreply 85October 2, 2021 3:55 PM

Plenty of minors without criminal records have been charged as adults. What a crock of shit.

I'm sure people behave like asses with bicyclists and joggers and walkers, but sometimes they act like entitled idiots. I once was following at a safe and respectable distance behind a cyclist on a one lane road, waiting for a chance to pass. As soon as that moment came this asshole moved more toward the center of the lane. I passed him safely anyway, but he had the nerve to give me a look at a red light up the road.

by Anonymousreply 86October 2, 2021 4:02 PM

R86 so you playfully bumped the asshole cyclist?

by Anonymousreply 87October 2, 2021 5:51 PM

Youth is not a mental impairment like mental retardation and should not be deemed as such.

It doesn’t matter that the shitty young people in R74’s article weren’t capable of predicting that particular outcome, but they absolutely knew they weren’t licensed to drive and that the vehicle was not theirs for the taking.

A child murderer is still a murderer.

Let them suffer as an adult perpetrator would. Let their families suffer anguish and embarrassment.

Let it be known what can happen if you decide to procreate. Let them and others like them be made aware what can happen when you unleash your offspring on the rest of us.

If you don’t want that kind of responsibility, but still feel entitled to fuck as much as you like, get a vasectomy, get your tubes tied. Society should pay for the procedure, and compensate you for acknowledging your limitations as a parent and taking responsibility for those limitations for the good of society.

Same goes for the girl at OP who MAY not have intended to kill that pedestrian - I’m not so sure - but she absolutely knew she wasn’t licensed to drive and knew the car was not hers for the taking.

Death is final.

Murder is a crime.

Unless they’re suffering from legitimate mental impairment, even very young children know this.

No blaming desensitization.

No blaming youth.

Consequences. THIS is what social media has desensitized in viewers.

Consequences must be reestablished

by Anonymousreply 88October 2, 2021 6:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!