Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Donald Trump Blasted Paul Ryan For Condemning White Supremacy, New Book Claims

Trump raged at Ryan and told him “these people love me,” according to Bob Woodward and Robert Costa’s new book “Peril.”

“These people love me. These are my people,” Trump raged at Ryan in response. “I can’t backstab the people who support me.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 22, 2021 3:07 AM

[quote]“I can’t backstab the people who support me.”

Oh, yes you can! You do it to everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 1September 16, 2021 8:12 PM

The Klanchurian Candidate strikes again!

by Anonymousreply 2September 16, 2021 8:15 PM

R1. But a backstab to a group means you lose voters. However, throwing the random nobody under the bus doesn't matter to Trump.

by Anonymousreply 3September 16, 2021 8:15 PM

Paul Ryan spoke to a doctor and extensively researched how to deal with someone with narcissistic personality disorder after Trump won: book

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 16, 2021 9:50 PM

Trump will eventually criticize everyone, he just hasn't gotten around to everyone yet.

[quote] Trump said Jared Kushner was 'more loyal to Israel than the US,' employing the dual loyalty trope against his Jewish son-in-law: book

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2021 9:53 PM

That pic of Jared at R5 looks like a wax figure. That is one creepy motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 6September 16, 2021 10:02 PM

R5 He looks like some guy who would go off in a van cross country with a younger social media influencer, then claim he has no idea where she is now

by Anonymousreply 7September 16, 2021 10:05 PM

That was meant for R6 as well!

by Anonymousreply 8September 16, 2021 10:06 PM

Well, Trump wasn't wrong. White supremacists, white nationalists, and your run-of-the-mill casual racists are his people. I do think that he was wrong to think that those people would turn their backs on him based on *Paul Ran* condemning them though.

Trump was like their wildest dream come true. If he himself had condemned them, almost of all them would just rationalize it by saying, "Well, he had to do that in order to appease moderates. He's really with us." And they would be right. Fortunately, Trump is so stubborn and convinced of the brilliance of his own 'gut feeling genius' that he generally ignored advice to tone down his barely-masked racism. So, he just went ahead and alienated a significant chunk of those moderate, mostly suburban republicans.

by Anonymousreply 9September 17, 2021 4:08 AM

[quote]Trump said Jared Kushner was 'more loyal to Israel than the US,' employing the dual loyalty trope against his Jewish son-in-law: book

DUH. Everyone could see that he was Zionist filth and fuck you if you have a problem with me saying precisely what he is. He's a bigot and a racist which is what Zionism promotes when people like him, Stephen Miller, Laura Loomis, Pamela Geller, Mark Levin, every fucking asshole at Breitbart and Ben Shapiro among countless others, all promote it and are just vile. This ilk is the reason there is no peace. It was beyond insulting that Kushner was put in charge of making peace. It's like a rapist being put in charge of his own rape case.

Anyway, another quote book: [quote]Former First Lady Melania Trump took one have a look at Barr, along with his giant stomach and his highly effective voice and mentioned he seemed like an legal professional common ‘proper out of central casting’, Woodward writes. Trump agreed and told Barr: ‘You do appear to be you come out of central casting.’ The ex-POTUS, who like him was chubby added: ‘You maintain it properly Bill. You carry it properly. watch out as a result of in case you lose an excessive amount of weight, your pores and skin goes to begin changing into saggy.’

On Kellyann Conway after she caught Covid: [quote]"You have zero percent body fat, honey. Honey, if you have zero percent body fat, you're fine."

by Anonymousreply 10September 21, 2021 1:10 PM

Correction:

" Former First Lady Melania Trump took one look at Barr, with his large belly and his powerful voice and said he looked like an attorney general 'right out of central casting', Woodward writes.

Trump agreed and told Barr: 'You do look like you come out of central casting.'

The ex-POTUS, who like him was overweight added: 'You hold it well Bill. You carry it well. be careful because if you lose too much weight, your skin is going to start becoming saggy.'"

by Anonymousreply 11September 21, 2021 1:14 PM

He's so weird about the weirdest shit

by Anonymousreply 12September 21, 2021 1:15 PM

He's such a disgusting piece of vermin.

by Anonymousreply 13September 21, 2021 1:19 PM

You just know the moment Barr "turned on him," the insults about his obesity were flying.

by Anonymousreply 14September 21, 2021 1:19 PM

He uses that "central casting" description a lot. I recall him having a meeting about MS-13 and a bunch of officials were standing there and he described them as looking like they were right out of central casting. He is obsessed with Hollywood.

God, his supporters are so fucking stupid. Trump would love to be in the inner circle of A-list LIBERAL Hollywood celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 15September 21, 2021 1:23 PM

More excerpt:

During the widespread protest over the death of George Floyd, Trump's Joint Chiefs of Staff, Mark Milley, became furious when Trump's adviser Stephen Miller said there should be troops on the streets.

Miller told Trump: 'Barbarians are at the gate.'

Milley turned around to face Miller and said: 'Shut the f*** up, Steve'.

Stephen Miller is truly scum of the earth. I pray karma comes for him.

by Anonymousreply 16September 21, 2021 2:02 PM

excerpts*

by Anonymousreply 17September 21, 2021 2:02 PM

Donald Trump Blasted? He is obviously a dribbler. Either way, I hate Spunk!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 21, 2021 2:08 PM

I don't believe for a second that Paul Ryan blasted white supremacy. In any way but r18's.

by Anonymousreply 19September 21, 2021 2:12 PM

He said Pence looked like a vice president out of central casting too.

by Anonymousreply 20September 21, 2021 2:57 PM

R19, he actually did - after Charlottesville.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 21, 2021 6:20 PM

@5:37

"Like central casting"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 21, 2021 6:38 PM

Paul Ryan has always known what the Trumpster Fire really is and that he would be the ruin of the Republican Party.

Ryan joked to Republican colleagues in private that he thinks Russia pays Putin's Putain, but he was absolutely right.

That's why Paul Ryan resigned from the House and its leadership. He saw the writing on the wall but he didn't have the courage or integrity to stand up to the Narcissistic Human Airhorn when it mattered.

#DicklessFascist

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 22, 2021 2:37 AM

This, r23...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 22, 2021 2:44 AM

[quote] God, his supporters are so fucking stupid. Trump would love to be in the inner circle of A-list LIBERAL Hollywood celebrities.

R15 That's exactly it. So many who have known Trump throughout the last few decades have all said he's spent his whole life trying to be accepted by these inner circles - Hollywood, media, politics, etc...and that most in these groups saw him for what he was. That's why he supposedly has this huge chip on his shoulder about these types now...that this whole 3rd act for him is about "revenge against his enemies", aka. those who never gave it up to him and kissed his ass.

by Anonymousreply 25September 22, 2021 3:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!