Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Can someone explain to me the story behind "Oleebia"?

I know it's referring to Olivia Benson from SVU, but I don't understand where the reference comes from. It makes me laugh every time, though.

by Anonymousreply 21April 30, 2022 1:34 PM

Oleebia is on RIGHT now ! It is 1:25 am west coast time and Oleebia is on the USA network. My life is stressful if I am wide awake at 1:30 am and scrambling for my iPad to share the news with my fellow Dataloungers!,

by Anonymousreply 1September 20, 2021 8:29 AM

Unfortunately, my friend, I am not in the USA and have nowhere to watch her... unless she's on streaming, I guess, but I wouldn't know where to find the "Oleebia" reference. Still laughing about it though!

by Anonymousreply 2September 20, 2021 8:32 AM

There was an episode where a little Mexican girl that was kidnapped was calling in from a cellphone and they spent the entire show trying to locate her- she’d scream this over and over again from her scrambled ID cellphone call, inside a moving truck, a basement and eventually buried alive underground. It was supposed to be haunting but became gimmicky and got annoying after awhile.

"Oleebia! Oleebia! Help me!”

by Anonymousreply 3September 20, 2021 9:15 AM

The episode was called "911." Here's the wikipedia entry for it:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 20, 2021 9:16 AM

Oh thank you, that explains it perfectly. And I can totally see how that would become more campy and annoying after awhile, while trying to be moving.

by Anonymousreply 5September 20, 2021 9:27 AM

lol, the significance of "Oleebia" is, that episode brought Mariska Hargitay an Emmy award and Law and Order: SVU gradually became Law and Order: Olivia Benson, especially after Det. Stabler left, SVU is all about her!

by Anonymousreply 6September 20, 2021 9:46 AM

“Oleebia, please find me, my eyes are tired”

by Anonymousreply 7September 20, 2021 9:59 AM

Ahh thanks R6, so that, coupled with the melodrama of the episode all add up to be pretty hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 8September 20, 2021 10:04 AM

The best part about the episode is that Oleebia wore a black cocktail dress for most of the episode. She was about to leave on a hot date when the call came in.

by Anonymousreply 9September 21, 2021 7:32 PM

How old was this episode? Because it sounds so clichéd, it's surprising to me that it won any awards.

by Anonymousreply 10September 21, 2021 7:56 PM

Oleebia is a big ol' dyke

by Anonymousreply 11September 21, 2021 7:59 PM

"Oleebia! Oleebia! Help me!” is the new “Hold me, David, I’m scared.”

by Anonymousreply 12September 21, 2021 8:02 PM

This still makes me laugh so much!

by Anonymousreply 13April 25, 2022 12:12 PM

Now I’m hungry for Felipe’s Borgers.

by Anonymousreply 14April 25, 2022 12:14 PM

This has got to be THE most retarded asinine television program in American history. I can't wrap my head around the fact that it's still on and that this asshole actress is still playing this role. I finally came to that conclusion when someone posted here, recently, about them turning her kid trans and how a 'very special episode' ensured. Holy fuck. WHO watches that?!?

by Anonymousreply 15April 25, 2022 12:18 PM

Seriously? I haven’t caught SVU in awhile. They’re trans ing Noah?

by Anonymousreply 16April 25, 2022 12:44 PM

The girl’s accent and acting was so poor it was laughable.

by Anonymousreply 17April 25, 2022 3:03 PM

I was rooting for the kid to die, that's how annoying her saying Oleebia was.

by Anonymousreply 18April 25, 2022 3:12 PM

[quote]Seriously? I haven’t caught SVU in awhile. They’re trans ing Noah?

Not trans, bi. Which I guess is equally unacceptable to the DL Vox Populi.

by Anonymousreply 19April 25, 2022 3:52 PM

It's also memorable because someone talks about Olivia's wonderful rapport with children, and she displays absolutely no rapport with the girl. And she won an Emmy for that crap,

by Anonymousreply 20April 30, 2022 12:55 PM

Sort of off topic but I’m so disappointed. Just noticed signs posted by my neighborhood park that they were filming new Law and Order episodes there with the return of Det. Stabler... but it happened a week ago! Wish I could have seen that.

by Anonymousreply 21April 30, 2022 1:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!