Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

JANICE LYNDE returns to Y+R as Leslie Brooks

Ashland turns out to be Brooks Lucas Prentiss.

by Anonymousreply 297February 4, 2022 2:17 PM

Not Vicky Morales?

by Anonymousreply 1September 16, 2021 2:55 PM

I saw Miss Lynde's Eve opposite Miss Parker's Margo.

by Anonymousreply 2September 16, 2021 2:59 PM

This should please a few DLers.

by Anonymousreply 3September 17, 2021 2:17 AM

I thought she was dead. Maybe I had her confused with her character on Another World.

by Anonymousreply 4September 17, 2021 3:29 AM

Paul Rauch blowed her up real good, twice.

by Anonymousreply 5September 17, 2021 8:40 PM

Is that Paul's wife?

by Anonymousreply 6September 17, 2021 8:45 PM

R5, Paul Rauch heard her sing.

I still remember old Russ screaming TRACCCCYY!!! as her car blew up in a parking lot at the airport.

by Anonymousreply 7September 17, 2021 11:03 PM

Oh damn!

by Anonymousreply 8September 17, 2021 11:06 PM

Paul Rauch hired Janice Lynde TWICE

He hired her in 1979 to play Tracy DeWitt on AW, a mere six weeks after he hired Bill Espy to play Mitch Blake. Weird that he hired two top Y&R actors at the same time. Did he get them at a 2 for 1 sale? Rauch paired Tracy with stalwart town doctor from a prominent family, Russ Matthews, whom she ultimately married. When she left the show in 1981, he killed her in a car explosion.

Then in 1984 after he moved over to be EP of OLTL, Rauch hired Janice Lynde to play Laurel Chapin, a character who eventually married stalwart town doctor from a prominent family, Larry Wolek. When she left the show in 1986, Rauch killed her in an explosion.

by Anonymousreply 9September 18, 2021 12:17 AM

JANICE LYNDE THOUGHT THAT RAUCH WAS A MONSTER AT OLTL.

by Anonymousreply 10September 18, 2021 1:35 AM

Lately it seems like one day in Genoa City takes place over the course of four episodes. I am getting the suspicion that Ashland may have killed his father many years ago, possibly in self defense. The story could have been in the news, which is why he does not want to give his real name to anyone. I wish the show would bring Imani back to cause some trouble between Nate and Elena. Speaking of Nate, for a minute I thought he and Ashland were going to be f--k buddies. This past week, Phyllis and Ashley's outfits were obviously by the same designer, and Sharon and Abby's dresses were by the same designer. I really like the new Faith. She's cute and believable as a teenager. Moses is a real sweetie pie. The show may finally be giving Mariah a storyline.

by Anonymousreply 11September 18, 2021 1:57 AM

Mariah was GOOD today.

by Anonymousreply 12September 18, 2021 1:59 AM

There is new speculation Ashland will be Brad Eliot's son who supposedly died when he operated on him. It was actually the first Y&R story - Brad arrived to town, shattered and started over in GC, eventually marrying Leslie Brooks. Deidre Hall played the mother of the boy, Barbara Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 13September 21, 2021 1:27 PM

Ashland did not want anyone to know about his past and true identity, yet he tells the whole story (quite loudly) in a public place. Wouldn't it have made more sense if Ashland asked Nick to stop by Victoria's office, where they could have privacy? Fake Ashland and Real Ashland got matching tattoos when they were 20. Were the two men in a relationship? Perhaps that will be the next secret that Ashland has to confess to. I do not think Billy looks good in the suits they are having him wear.

by Anonymousreply 14October 1, 2021 11:03 AM

I thought Friday's episode was good. I liked the scene between Adam and Billy. I think the two of them should just get a room and get it over with. I am looking forward to next week. Kyle, Summer, and Leslie Brooks will be on the show. Kyle has gotten a haircut, and it looks good on him. On another note, that red outfit was not flattering on Nikki.

by Anonymousreply 15October 9, 2021 2:22 PM

They definitely started down the path of having Imani be a new GC villainess and then she disappeared. Pity. The preview of Sally switching out Vicboria's wedding gown was camp heaven.

by Anonymousreply 16October 9, 2021 2:26 PM

R16, I think Imani will be coming back to the show. She is supposed to take the bar exam, and she and Amanda are going to open a law firm together. I certainly hope she stays on the show to shake things up a bit. I would like to see her and Sally (two troublemakers) become friends.

by Anonymousreply 17October 9, 2021 2:35 PM

I hate try hard Lularoe Sally and her being shoved down our throats and propped to the high heavens. OVER it./

by Anonymousreply 18October 9, 2021 2:38 PM

I'm coming back? I had stopped watching - maybe I will see what happens Monday.

by Anonymousreply 19October 9, 2021 2:44 PM

They seem to be trying hard to make Adam and Sally into some kind of new gruesome love pair, but they have zero chemistry. And when did Victoria and Ashland become besties with Nate and Elena? I get that those two snores need some kind of story, but really??

by Anonymousreply 20October 9, 2021 2:45 PM

Eh I don't think Adam and Sally will be an item, he seems to have no interest in her and the writers will never let go of their Shadam love. Adam is just being used to prop and give buzz to Sally. IA about their chem though, they try hard and still fail in their scenes.-

by Anonymousreply 21October 9, 2021 2:49 PM

I love Janice Lynde, but seemed really Trans-like in that handshake with Ictor.

by Anonymousreply 22October 9, 2021 11:38 PM

R20 Nate is terminally-ill Ashland's doctor and in the process has become his confidant of sorts. And since Ashland's new in town, he asked Nate to be his best man. Elena is basically there as Nate's Plus-One.

by Anonymousreply 23October 12, 2021 9:14 PM

[quote] Fake Ashland and Real Ashland got matching tattoos when they were 20.

Actually, the two twinks in love got the matching tattoos when they were just 16; and that's what led to them running away together. .. Bobby-Ashland said his abusive father saw the new ink and beat him up, so our young duo fled.

Perhaps they hustled along the Jersey boardwalk and beach towns for awhile before Real Ashland got the interview to be an intern at Camilla's TV station. They were so happy that night before the interview that I imagine Bobby was giving Real Ashland a blow job while he was driving, and that's what caused the car crash.

by Anonymousreply 24October 12, 2021 9:32 PM

Courtney Hope was spectacular at the end of her arc on B&B (when they had her confess to taking that vapid blonde girl prisoner to perpetuate her "I'm dying" storyline), but most of her time on that show, she and her character were annoying and one-note.

That's kinda how I feel about Sally here; she's actually a terrific actress when they let her show vulnerability and emotion, but the actual, outsized character is grating and jarring and hard to root for. I think she'd be a wonderful foil for Melissa Claire Egan once Chelsea comes back, but both ladies should be allowed to play their characters as sane and grounded, and not do the Chelsea-as-crazy or Sally-as-wild BS that eats the show and has no emotional connections for the audience.

by Anonymousreply 25October 12, 2021 9:49 PM

I detest Sally.I hate how propped she is. I wish CH would go back to BB. Alas her ass was fired 3 times in 3 years for a reason but she has friends in high places in the network so now we YR must uffer the consequences. I also fnd her very unappealing both in how she dresses, her mannish face and her dimestore red hair dye.

by Anonymousreply 26October 12, 2021 9:53 PM

Janice Lynde was there for a year of that story. Broadway vet Victoria Mallory (West Side Story revival 1968, Follies, A Little Night Music) played it out during her five years on the show.

Will they mention evil grandmother Vanessa?

by Anonymousreply 27October 12, 2021 9:55 PM

Sharon's short turquoise dress with the sash hanging down between her bony knees is an abomination.....

by Anonymousreply 28October 12, 2021 9:57 PM

R13 I think Leslie's just there to tickle the ivories, and any speculation about some relationship between her and Ashland is just that.

Personally, I'd like to speculate that Leslie recognizes NuNoah and pulls Noah aside to ask him if he's heard from her son, Brooks, recently.

This is when Noah informs Leslie that he and Brooks broke up last month. "I caught your son in bed with an Instaho in London .. and as they say in Italy, 'We're finito!'"

Leslie apologizes for her son's cheating ways, adding that she thought Noah was a good influence on Brooks. She sighs, "Sometimes I think my 42-year old boy will never grow up!'

All Noah can say to her is, "I may like Hot Daddies, but in that relationship, I was the parent. Not my style."

The conversation ends with Leslie asking Noah to please call her if he does hear from Brooks. "Tell him to get in contact with me because Uncle Lucas dropped off some papers that need signing related to his trust fund. That always gets his attention."

Noah laughs, but later is seen looking at his phone with an incoming call from "BP."

by Anonymousreply 29October 12, 2021 10:00 PM

Clever idea r29. Show could use something to shake it up.

As it is, its turned into the Ashland Show. Don't get me wrong, I like Richard Burgi a lot, but suddenly Ashland, a character we'd never eve heard of 12 months ago, is not only dominating the show, but that plotline is the only one remotely interesting.

by Anonymousreply 30October 12, 2021 10:38 PM

The Ashland arc is the best storyline the show has right now. So far, it's the only story they played this week, and I hope it stays that way. I like how all the action is taking place in one location (the palazzo). New Noah is cute. It was nice to see Summer and Kyle. I could have done without Nate reciting his best man's speech to Elena.

by Anonymousreply 31October 12, 2021 11:08 PM

Where did the show get all the money for these new Italian palazzo sets?

by Anonymousreply 32October 12, 2021 11:10 PM

I hope they keep this Noah and center the show around him. I hope the change he was telling Summer he wanted to make in his life involves him and a boyfriend, rather than the women she mentioned twice.

by Anonymousreply 33October 12, 2021 11:11 PM

R32 I think the outdoor area of the Italian palazzo is basically the Chancellor Park. .. And they did a nice job ... except for the fake lemons hanging n the tree that look like yellow plastic Christmas ornaments.

by Anonymousreply 34October 12, 2021 11:41 PM

Yes, I agree. The outdoor area of the palazzo is the original Chancellor Park set repurposed.

Even so, they spent a lot of money on that palazzo interior.

by Anonymousreply 35October 13, 2021 12:09 AM

Leslie seems kinda wacky here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 13, 2021 7:35 AM

Younger than springtime, I'm so happy to be back. Thank you, fans!

by Anonymousreply 37October 13, 2021 4:18 PM

Before Brooks Prentiss shows up to beg Noah's forgiveness R29, Noah should have some 'uncle' sex with Ashland. .. It almost sounded like they were flirting when they met:

===========

Noah >> You must be (Hot Daddy!) Ashland. .. I'm Noah Newman, Nick & Sharon's son.

Ashland >> [Gazing intensely at Noah] I know EXACTLY who you are! (Let's hope you're a skank like you're mother!) .. It's a pleasure to FINALLY get to meet you! (Those half-naked photos of you working-out on Instagram are HAWT!)

. . .

Victoria >> [Making light of Ashland's dark humor about his possible death] My soon-to-be husband has a very warped sense of humor.

Noah >> It sounds like we'll get along just fine! (But does that 'warped' sense of humor include the growing BULGE I see in his pants? .. It looks like it's got a mean curve to it!)

Ashland >> From everything your aunt tells me I believe you're right. (But contrary to popular belief, I'm vers and could use a good pre-wedding pounding right about now by a hot young jock like yourself!)

Noah >> Well, I hope we find the time to get to know each other better. (uhhh .. Is there a steam room in this damn palazzo where we could go do that .. RIGHT NOW!?)

Ashland >> [To Victoria] You've never told me how charming (and straight-appearing) your nephew was. (PING!)

Noah >> [Blushing] Well, that's me. (Sweet, lovable Noah Newman .. mid-20s and still using the "bicurious" label.)

by Anonymousreply 38October 13, 2021 11:57 PM

Just watched Janice in the 1980 horror film Beyond Evil, playing the ghost of the evil sorceress who possesses Lynda Day George. Made right before she joined Another World.

She played the short term recurring role of Gloria on General Hospital, owner of the spa where Ned and Monica had their fling. The part was originated by the very different looking Margaret Mason, very memorable as Linda Anderson on Days and Eve Howard on Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 39October 14, 2021 7:15 AM

I enjoyed Janice in her supporting role in the web series, "Diary of a Single Mom".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40October 14, 2021 8:59 AM

I really want fat Noah back.....and Kyle needs his hair back NOW. He looks like he lives in a Iowa trailer park.

by Anonymousreply 41October 14, 2021 1:53 PM

Johnny and Katie must've flown the palazzo and hitched a ride into town to go get some pizza.

by Anonymousreply 42October 15, 2021 7:16 PM

Little Harrison is weird. Does he wonder why he lives with Kyle?

by Anonymousreply 43October 15, 2021 7:54 PM

The kids at school are going to call him "Hairy A-Butt."

by Anonymousreply 44October 15, 2021 8:12 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 15, 2021 8:38 PM

After all her raving about the dress she "created" for Victoria, I was expecting Sally's gown to be spectacular. But it didn't look any different from the gown Victoria was planning to wear. The women all look as if they're going to a toga party, in those slick, shower curtain-like outfits.

This would have been somewhere to spend a buck or two.

by Anonymousreply 46October 15, 2021 9:14 PM

R46 Yeah, the dress was very 'basic' to say the least. It looked like someone simply took a white choir gown, added some shoulder pads, and drew it in diagonally at the waist. BFD. Also, Victoria's hair was a mess (yeah, I know, not uncommon), but she's the bride for god's sake, and they did nothing special there as well. Sphyllis looked like she just crawled out of bed as well.

by Anonymousreply 47October 15, 2021 9:34 PM

How many more times is Dougie going to announce that he doesn't see himself "coming back" to Y&R?

Maybe TPTB should just put him out of his misery and have Christine announce that Paul's liver transplant finally wore out and he died from a massive bile leak in the middle of the night.

by Anonymousreply 48October 15, 2021 10:33 PM

The very short dresses on a lot of the women are most distracting because most of them should - well - be covered up......bowlegged with knobby knees is not a good look.

by Anonymousreply 49October 16, 2021 2:15 PM

Now that Victoria and Ashland have gotten married, I really do not care why Camilla did not leave him anything in her will. At this point, can anyone trust what Jesse Gaines has to say. I think someone is going to kill Jesse, and we are going to have a whodunit on our hands.

by Anonymousreply 50October 16, 2021 8:04 PM

Monday's scene between Ashland and Jesse is a pretty good one showcasing Richard Burg's actingi as we hear Ashland tick off all the reasons why Jesse Junior is such a pathetic looser. .. And R50, you're probably right. If Jesse doesn't get murdered, then perhaps Victor will somehow arrange to just have Jesse magically "disappear." (Throw him out of a plane with a parachute over Afghanistan or something .. lol) .. Maybe viewers won't even be privy to what's happened to Jesee, with this "mystery" becoming pesky Billy Boy's new crusade against The Old Goat.

by Anonymousreply 51October 16, 2021 8:35 PM

I wonder why NuNoah's hair looks so dark on Y&R? .. IRL, he looks blond-ish, which is how I always imagined Noah being (more his mother, Sharon's son). The kids playing him were usually blond as well as Kevin G. Schmidt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 17, 2021 12:41 AM

Show seems to be lingering in Tuscany even though the wedding is over.

Guess they want to get as much use out of those Tuscany sets as possible. They certainly created enough rooms in the palazzo. I assume they will repurpose those sets and we'll see them again soon in some form.

by Anonymousreply 53October 21, 2021 4:28 PM

R45's photo is almost as profoundly unfunny as the endless Scoche posts.

by Anonymousreply 54October 21, 2021 4:33 PM

I guess the show is going to keep the Ashland character around for a while since Billy deleted the video where Jesse Gains exposed Ashland,

If they had wanted to get rid of Ashland, they would have had Billy publish the video and use it to usher Ashland out.

by Anonymousreply 55October 21, 2021 4:34 PM

If Jamie Lee Curtis is playing Kay, what happens to Scoche Marin?

by Anonymousreply 56October 21, 2021 4:37 PM

While I was glad to see Noah is on contract, it was disappointing to hear him tell Tessa that it was difficult for him at first to accept that Mariah is a lesbian. I was so hoping he was going to come out as gay.

by Anonymousreply 57October 21, 2021 5:11 PM

NuNoah Rory Gibson is reportedly 26 years old. Yet he looks older than previous Noah Robert Adamson, who is 36.

Goo figure.

by Anonymousreply 58October 21, 2021 5:52 PM

R53 The two main sets at the palazzo are already repurposed. . The outdoor set is part of the Chancellor Park, which they sometimes don't use very much during in the winter anyway. And the main room is from the Newman Ranch (see below). Note the entry arch, which they removed the faux brick from for the palazzo, and the fireplace, which is exactly the same one at the palazzo. They covered the side windows with artwork.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 21, 2021 6:52 PM

Yes, the palazzo terrace is clearly from the original Chancellor Park set, which was far superior to the one they use now.

Now that you point it out, the palazzo parlour does have Newman living room. The palazzo is far better use of that set than as the Newman living room, which always seemed so dull and unexciting for the living room of the show's most prominent family.

by Anonymousreply 60October 21, 2021 7:15 PM

Can someone explain something about the Newman ranch? I didn't watch the show for ten years. I stopped watching before the ranch had been set on fire. How is it Nikki and Victor live in a 1950s faux Tudor, yet it's still called "the ranch"?

by Anonymousreply 61October 21, 2021 7:20 PM

R61 They call it a "ranch" because Victor actually breeds horses and maintains stables on the property. He had equestrian types who worked for him doing this This has been part of the Newman story since Victor & Julia Newman were introduced back in 1980.

And back in the mid-80s, they actually featured some outdoor horseback-riding scenes on occasion. Over the years, several events have taken place in the stables/barn. - just not that many in recent years. Many characters have lived in the adjoining tack room to the stable, and characters have had special horses that are theirs.

by Anonymousreply 62October 21, 2021 7:34 PM

To this day I don't know why the burned the ranch down, except I assume it was cheaper to use the dump they use in its place.

by Anonymousreply 63October 21, 2021 7:36 PM

One of the first thing JFP did when she came on board was burn the ranch. That was her way of signalling she was in charge now by destroying one of the oldest sets on the show.

The original ranch set, while noting special, certainly had more character than the current ranch set. The current ranch set looks so very generic and lacks charm/character.

by Anonymousreply 64October 21, 2021 7:49 PM

Back in 2012 with JFP came in, she didn't like some of the old sets. She wanted to get rid of The Ranch altogether, and did a makeover of the Chancellor Estate.

Well, viewers (including MTS) hated the NuRanch and loathed the gray paint job on the Chancellor Estate.

I believe she also got rid of Glo Worm (via another fire). While this set had only been around for awhile, I believe most viewers really liked it and hated seeing it go.

Her taste was quite odd. Complete dreck.

by Anonymousreply 65October 21, 2021 7:51 PM

R64 . Yeah, the old ranch may have needed a makeover - since it hadn't been redecorated since Cassandra Rawlins worked on it for Jack back in the early 90s - but it didn't need to be completely destroyed. If they wanted Sharon to start the place on fire, fine. But they could have easily just damaged the place and used that as a plot point to renovate and redecorate it.

by Anonymousreply 66October 21, 2021 7:58 PM

What's even funnier is if you look closely at NuRanch you can see old ranch's furnishings.

by Anonymousreply 67October 21, 2021 8:08 PM

I liked the fact that JFP changed the orientation of the Chancellor Living room. It worked better to have the staircase at the rear of the set rather than at the left side of the set.

I was never a fan of the grey paint on the set, but a coat of paint was easy enough to change that.

by Anonymousreply 68October 21, 2021 8:09 PM

After JFP was ousted, was it Mal Young who created the smaller Newman den set to replace the foyer and living room set. That den set is where all scenes in the Newman house now happen. Or was it someone else who created that

While Newman den is a VAST improvement on the Newman living room, its also doesn't have nearly as much character as the original ranch set did.

by Anonymousreply 69October 21, 2021 8:17 PM

Now I remember, JFP burned Glow Worm down so she could erect that horrible looking bar-club that Billy won in a gambling game called "On the Boulevard.." It was quite ugly. It seemed like a lot of grey and brown.

by Anonymousreply 70October 21, 2021 8:18 PM

R61 And here's one of those outdoor shots of The Ranch from the 80s that I mentioned in R62.

When Wisconsin looks like Topanga Canyon .. lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71October 21, 2021 8:31 PM

R71, that shit was epic; Bill Bell was a genius and now, every day on the show is crap fest with starts and stops that don't make any sense.

by Anonymousreply 72October 21, 2021 9:25 PM

Victoria's house is also hilariously bad. She's supposed to run a billion-dollar company yet lives in a suburban box with faux Pottery Barn furnishings.

by Anonymousreply 73October 22, 2021 1:32 AM

I’ll be forever grateful to Douggie D for allegedly punching out Miss Nellie. Except, no one has ever backed up Miss Nellie’s story even though he claims he was punched in a room full of people and there were security cameras.

by Anonymousreply 74October 22, 2021 1:42 AM

Completely agree r73. Victoria and Nicholas got $500,000,000 from their father about a decade ago. But you'd never know it from the where they live. No McMansions for Victoria or Nicholas! Instead, she's in her Father Knows Best suburban house and he's in an apartment/condo above a bar.

by Anonymousreply 75October 22, 2021 3:03 AM

Seriously, Camilla Rhodes? One of the Y&R writers must really like Mulholland Drive.

R75 There are a lot of wealthy people in real life who don't live in large houses and drive older cars.

by Anonymousreply 76October 22, 2021 3:17 AM

Phyllis/Nick, Billy/Lily, and Adam were all using the same bedroom in the palazzo. Each room had the same scenery outside the window. Each room had the same bed headboard. Each room had the same wall sconce (on the right side of the room) near the door. But each of their rooms had different furnishings. I am curious how they filmed those scenes. Did they film all the scenes that took place in Phyllis/Nick's room first and then changed the furnishings so they could film all the scenes in Billy/Lily's room--and change again for Adam's bedroom scenes?

by Anonymousreply 77October 22, 2021 4:33 AM

Y&R sets are worse than Days sets and Y&R is the #1 show. I bet they blew their entire set budget for the next 2 years on those palazzo sets.

by Anonymousreply 78October 22, 2021 4:38 AM

Victor and Nikki's ranch should look like the palazzo

Soap characters used to make ENTRANCES

by Anonymousreply 79October 22, 2021 5:30 AM

Why does Genoa City only have one restaurant?

The Athletic Club is apparently gone now, so the only restaurant left in town in Society.

But when was the last time Abby set foot in Society? And will chef Lola ever return from her trip to Miami?

by Anonymousreply 80October 22, 2021 6:28 AM

Rey is the last of the Rosales' .. I'm waiting for him to be killed in the line of duty.

You know, Sharon's never had a husband die on her.

Since Dougie's not coming back, they could kill Chief Paul off at the same time. Make it a bomb planted by the Genoa City mob.

Sharon and Christine can have a double funeral with none of their family members in attendance.. lol.

by Anonymousreply 81October 22, 2021 7:43 AM

Doug D and Daniel Goddard set to make a return to Y&R!

by Anonymousreply 82October 22, 2021 9:02 AM

Who was tending to Billy and Victoria's children?

by Anonymousreply 83October 22, 2021 12:41 PM

Aren't they 1 percenters? Don't they have governesses and other types of caregivers?

by Anonymousreply 84October 22, 2021 12:43 PM

But almost everybody on a soap is a billionaire.

I can't even be bothered to watch this shitshow any more. What is the purpose of this palazzo?

by Anonymousreply 85October 22, 2021 1:03 PM

When are the lezzys going to get a better storyline?

by Anonymousreply 86October 22, 2021 7:01 PM

R83, I heard someone mention that the children were with the nanny.

by Anonymousreply 87October 22, 2021 7:07 PM

It was silly to write in that Lily was traveling to Tuscany with Johnny and Katie for the wedding, when the two kids weren't even shown AT THE CEREMONY itself .. lol. .. If they couldn't be played for some reason (e.g. COVID), then they should have just changed the script that they both kids came down with a stomach bug at the last minute and couldn't make the trip. .. Although, Smurf Harrison was there, so you'd think Johnny would be doing shit with him, while Katie would be seen with Victoria while getting dressed for the wedding. In fact, you'd think Katie would have been a flower girl.

by Anonymousreply 88October 22, 2021 7:42 PM

Billy would have stayed home if the kids were sick.

Trust me, that's just who he is.

by Anonymousreply 89October 23, 2021 2:36 AM

R81, I loves me some Rey Rosales.

He's got MY vote at the Soap Hub Awards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90October 23, 2021 2:37 AM

R89 Billy's plan all along was that he would fly to Italy ahead of Lily and his kids. He traveled there with Gaines in tow. Lily was then to return from California (where she was with her own daughter), and she'd fly to Italy with Johnny and Katie.

by Anonymousreply 91October 23, 2021 4:23 AM

R89 good points; I mean it's covid and you can only have so many people on set and those kids -- god bless 'em, aren't the most dramatic young actors -- it's good that they were referenced, Reed, too, but there are too many kids on the show.

Maria Bell started making all these babies and there are too many on the show.

Connor, Christian, Johnny, Katie, Lucy, Delia...well, there's no more Delia; but we have Kevin and Chloe's kids Bella and not sure of the boy...

and let's not forget little Sam who's hopefully off with Cane somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 92October 23, 2021 4:34 AM

I look forward to Johnny and Connor being SORASed and coming this.close to almost having sex before they find out they have the same mother. What could be more old-school Y&R? ... lol!

Meanwhile, smug Christian, who's always felt like second fiddle to half-brother, Connor, will then take the opportunity to really rub it in after he and Johnny have gone all the way.

by Anonymousreply 93October 23, 2021 4:53 AM

Bill Bell set up a sibling dynamic in the Newman clan perfectly; a girl named Victoria and a boy named Nicholas.

Adam was the black sheep growing up off camera. I always thought they blew it by aging Adam so much, making him a MBA grad when he came on; he was practically Nick's equal in age.

The current landscape of Y&R kids is a mess.

Chelsea should have revisited custody after Billy and Vicki split up. There's no drama.

No more drama.

by Anonymousreply 94October 23, 2021 5:15 AM

I wish Leslie would have stayed longer. They never showed Nikkis mom...why could not be Leslie was her mom, and she gave her up to play piano?

by Anonymousreply 95October 23, 2021 9:44 AM

R95 Nikki and Casey's mom died back in 1979. Her death was the catalyst that brought the two sisters' pedo-rapist dad, Nick Reed, back to town. .. Do-gooder Brock unknowingly thought it would be a nice thing, if the two girls had their distant father around now that their mother had died. .. As I recall, Brock was able to track Nick down via some letter he'd found at the mother's place. It had an Oregon address, and he made contact with Nick. Of course. when Nick arrived in Genoa City, victim Casey was appalled, while ignorant Nikki was absolutely thrilled to have him back in their lives. .. But everyone soon found out what a sick creep Nick was. .. We also saw Nikki's mom in that stand-alone 2011 Christmas episode that they did with Nikki after she drunkenly crashed her car, and her mom appeared to her as a guardian angel telling Nikki that she was sent by John Abbott and Douglas Austin ..lol.

by Anonymousreply 96October 23, 2021 11:35 AM

Also, Leslie isn't that much older than Nikki. Leslie Brooks started on the show in 1973. Nikki showed up in 1978. It's the Young and the Restless not the Young in the Hillbillies.

by Anonymousreply 97October 23, 2021 3:04 PM

Why did Leslie come back? What was the point? I was out of the country and wasn't able to watch.

by Anonymousreply 98October 23, 2021 3:15 PM

Leslie, who is now a famous pianist, played at Victoria's wedding. Tessa sang.

by Anonymousreply 99October 23, 2021 3:22 PM

Are the lezzys on this coming week?

by Anonymousreply 100October 23, 2021 3:25 PM

"Sang."

by Anonymousreply 101October 23, 2021 4:12 PM

Not to go off topic but I suspect if they ever cancel another soap in the near future it will be DoOL. They've made several desperate and rather drastic moves which is saying a lot for them. They killed off Adrienne and paired Bonnie with Justin, they did that disastrous one year time jump, they did the primetime miniseries and now Marlena has been repossessed.

R96 The guardian angel/Nikki's mother was played by Missy Yaeger.

by Anonymousreply 102October 23, 2021 5:54 PM

Days just got a 2 year pickup, driven mainly because Days is the #1 show on NBC Streaming and now Peacock. Most people who are now watching Days are streaming it. But also if you look at the demos, Days isn't really all that far behind any of the others. They've made it work. It won't last forever, but I wouldn't be shocked of Days made it to 60.

by Anonymousreply 103October 23, 2021 6:42 PM

[quote] Days is the #1 show on NBC Streaming and now Peacock

Days may be #1 in Total Streams at Peacock -- based simply on the fact that they release 20+ EPISODES per month -- but I somehow doubt they are #1 in Total Unique Viewers during a reporting period.

We used to see this exact same phenomenon nearly a decade ago when Nielsen would occasionally release its VideoCensus/Net Ratings streaming numbers for the three networks. Daytime soaps like Y&R, GH, and DAYS were often near the top in the Total Streams column for their respective network. And it was the same with the late night talk shows, since they also put out five episodes per week. IOW, these type of shows win due to the QUANTITY of shows they put up, and t's the same viewers who keep coming back to stream them. But when it came to Total Unique Viewers - which counts far more - that was a different story.

by Anonymousreply 104October 23, 2021 9:04 PM

Days didn't get a 2 year renewal because of it's network #s, so clearly something else is at play. The general consensus is that it's streaming. Whether they are unique viewers or not, the numbers are good enough to get them 2 additional seasons and a 5 episode streaming special that was very well received.

by Anonymousreply 105October 23, 2021 9:56 PM

So what was the deal with the contract negotiations breaking down forcing Summer and JaBottom out of the show.

What were they asking for that caused the negotiations to go sour? What was the show willing to offer vs what they were asking for?

Anyone have the inside scoop?

by Anonymousreply 106October 24, 2021 12:26 AM

Well, with Chance presumed dead in a bomb explosion, they can bring him back with a NuFace and amnesia. Let's hope he's found refuge with a hot gay medic with whom he falls in love... lol! .. BTW, where the hell is NINA to weep and wail about her son? .. And will anyone think to tell Uncle Billy?

I wonder if we'll actually see the inside of a courtroom when the case against Sutton kicks off. It's been forever since we've seen the courtroom set with lawyers arguing their case before a judge. Somehow I imagine Amanda and Micheal will simply talk about trial events at Society and Crimson Lights with Sutton and his lawyer coming on the scene and interrupting them to complain about something.

Shirtless Nick is looking pretty tasty in Monday's episode. I think Morrow has slimmed down some; plus his scruff is being trimmed better. .. Too bad his sex session is with Syphyllis, though.. PHICK stans used to be crazy. Is there still a fanbase who cares about them as a couple?

by Anonymousreply 107October 24, 2021 12:41 AM

A pretty reliable insider on another site is saying Syphillis and Nick break up and Shmally s going to him. Thank god, I want that tacky Man face hoe away from Adam.

by Anonymousreply 108October 24, 2021 12:47 AM

Who is Shmally?

by Anonymousreply 109October 24, 2021 12:56 AM

Sally.

by Anonymousreply 110October 24, 2021 12:57 AM

With Chelsea (unfortunately) returning, I thought they might rerun her and Nick, while Uncle Phyl gets back with Aunt Jack.

by Anonymousreply 111October 24, 2021 12:59 AM

Chance is coming back.

by Anonymousreply 112October 24, 2021 1:17 AM

Oh, Sally. I keep forgetting about her. Such a non presence on Y&R.

And Chelsea's returning? Yawn. That character has run her course. Long ago.

by Anonymousreply 113October 24, 2021 1:47 AM

Why the hell would Nick get with the woman who screwed over his daughter?

by Anonymousreply 114October 24, 2021 2:13 AM

[quote]Well, with Chance presumed dead in a bomb explosion, they can bring him back with a NuFace

I can recommend a great plastic surgery convent in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 115October 24, 2021 2:15 AM

If Chance has to get a new face, maybe he'll take the opportunity to get additional surgery and return to Genoa City as "Phillipa 'Chantelle' Chancellor."

by Anonymousreply 116October 24, 2021 2:45 AM

R114vHow did Sally screw her over? She has a great job in Italy she has chosen to stay at and is with her true love. Sally may have had ulterior motives but I don't think she ended up creating much strife for her.

by Anonymousreply 117October 24, 2021 2:51 AM

Why did Abby use Devon's sperm to have a baby? What is wrong with Chance's sperm?

by Anonymousreply 118October 24, 2021 2:52 AM

R118 When the fertility doctor did the test on Chance, it was determined that his sperm count was really really low with little motility. They also said that his condition was probably caused from the high fever and medications used when he had sepsis and that there's a possibility that this may not be permanent.

by Anonymousreply 119October 24, 2021 3:08 AM

It just seems so weird to use Devon's sperm. Where's the drama in that?

by Anonymousreply 120October 24, 2021 3:20 AM

Little to none, R120

The only drama might be if YoHarmony returned, back on crack, wanting to see her new grandbaby.

by Anonymousreply 121October 24, 2021 3:34 AM

The inside scoop is that viewers have continued to go UP since Dummer & JaBottom waved 'arriverderci' back on August 9.

August 9-13: 3,441,000

October 11-15: 3,672,000

Apparently, seeing this twosome at a special event or holiday once a year will be sufficient.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122October 24, 2021 5:00 AM

Mealor and King over estimated their worth. Notice how fast they came running back even for just a few episodes.

by Anonymousreply 123October 24, 2021 8:34 AM

The chick who plays Summer looks like she is the daughter of first cousins. She looks inbred and nothing like her parents.

by Anonymousreply 124October 24, 2021 4:06 PM

So has Mealor booked any roles since he freed himself from Y&R? (Other than returning to Y&R)

by Anonymousreply 125October 24, 2021 4:41 PM

I miss Gina Tognini or whatever her name was. Phyllis was human in her hands, not a gaming character.

by Anonymousreply 126October 24, 2021 4:41 PM

In their joint SOD interview on what happened and why they left, neither King nor Mealor reveal anything too substantive at all. It's basically six pages of fluff and cutesy photos.

The only thing Mealor sort of points to is the demanding work schedule. He says something about "50 weeks a year at four episodes per week" (which kind of inflates things, because their episode counts may have been high at times, but not that high all the time!) .. So one thing that may have been an issue is that same old story we hear from many of the youngins about getting more time-off to do other projects.

And another thing that does come through with King is that (after nine years), she basically thinks she owns the role of Summer, and while it's pointed out that several actors have played adult Kyle, she thinks that Mealor just clicked with her from the start, so she basically can't see any other actor in the role now. .. They're both up for visits to Genoa City and want all of their fans to know that they haven't burned their bridge with the show.

by Anonymousreply 127October 24, 2021 6:58 PM

SOD is never going to give anyone the real scoop on anything. There business model is, don't piss of the shows or they will cut off access.

by Anonymousreply 128October 24, 2021 7:39 PM

Well, if the actors don't want to burn their bridges with the show -- as they basically stated and as we've already seen by their recent appearance back on the show -- then they're not going to reveal anything to the press regardless of who it is.

by Anonymousreply 129October 24, 2021 7:52 PM

Both still had episodes left on their guarantees. That's why they made those appearances. They weren't special appearances.

by Anonymousreply 130October 24, 2021 7:55 PM

King indicated in an interview that it was a special appearance and "when asked to reprise their roles for a brief stint they jumped at the chance."

by Anonymousreply 131October 24, 2021 8:20 PM

Soap actors work hard, yes. But they have to cut the bullshit of working 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year. At most, these shows are in production 40 weeks a year. Days is even less. They have so many “dark” weeks now. And because they shoot scenes from 2, 3 or 4 shows per workday, the actors work wayyyyy less days than their episode counts. Is it hard work ON THE DAYS THEY ACTUALLY WORK, yes. But then they get weeks off at a time. This bullshit of giving interviews where they work 50 weeks a year, 4 days a week is nonsense. Soap actors work hard WHEN they work but no soap actor works more than 70 or 80 days a year, at most. They may appear in more than 70 episodes, but if you’re taping 2 to 3 episodes a day, you can’t have it both ways - working 50 weeks a year and taping 2 or 3 episodes a day. You’d then appear in 700 episodes a year. lol

by Anonymousreply 132October 24, 2021 9:46 PM

No one works harder than a soap actor. Shooting 7-8 shows a week is mentally exhausting. They're digging ditches, but it's not easy either.

by Anonymousreply 133October 24, 2021 10:09 PM

It's more fun teaching quasi-celebrity spin classes in WeHo and doing all-expenses-paid, international photo shoots for Wilhelmina with other hot guys.

by Anonymousreply 134October 24, 2021 10:37 PM

R133 No one works harder than a soap actor???? lol They work, at most, maybe 80 days a year. Those are the leads. The supporting work way less. Nurses, doctors, fire, police all work more than 80 days a year. Do you still say that no one works harder than a soap actor? That statement was a joke, right?

by Anonymousreply 135October 24, 2021 11:59 PM

Of FFS. I probably should have added in entertainment, but I guess I figured you could have figured that part out. Like I said, they're not digging ditches, but it's not easy work FOR ENTERTAINMENT.

by Anonymousreply 136October 25, 2021 12:05 AM

Like any work, there's probably some pluses and minuses to it. .. But over the years, several daytime actors have said they love the more routine schedule that soap work affords, because it allows them more time with their families. .. And hasn't Y&R been on a four-day work week for quite some time now? That's like a three days of downtime every week. .. They may start early, but I've also read several say that they're often out of the studio by noon. Plus, I believe the show usually offers contract players a fairly consistent vacation schedule, if they want that (e.g. Chrissy always wanted Mardi Gras week off so he could go to Nawlins). And from what I know, Y&R still goes dark for two or three weeks during December - with everyone getting time off to enjoy the holidays.

by Anonymousreply 137October 25, 2021 12:55 AM

It’s very easy work. Get 44 weeks off a year. Vee, who’s in the biz, allows this to happen.

by Anonymousreply 138October 25, 2021 1:42 AM

Hey dumbass at R136. Go back and read. You said they’re digging ditches. Stupid asshole!!!

by Anonymousreply 139October 25, 2021 1:46 AM

Dummer indicates she's taking a break from acting and went back to school to take an accelerated math class in prep for studying psychology, with her next quarter of classes set to be more like a full schedule

JaBottom says he's just taking each day as it cums. and will continue to put his butt out there for auditions. He said he has some money saved, but would rather take a gig that was 'fun' rather than something out of necessity. (So Millennial .. lol!) .. Maybe he should he should set up a JustForFans page.

by Anonymousreply 140October 25, 2021 2:33 AM

I wonder if he knew WireMag was the client or would license the photo to promote Miami Beach Pride?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141October 25, 2021 4:07 AM

^^^ SORRY. WRONG THREAD ^^^ Oh well, enjoy the photo.

by Anonymousreply 142October 25, 2021 4:08 AM

R133, #truth

by Anonymousreply 143October 25, 2021 4:16 AM

Is NuNoah a homo in real life? Old Noah, pussy eater Robert Adamson never wore rings like that.

by Anonymousreply 144October 26, 2021 3:33 AM

The rings are obviously a wardrobe choice to make NuNoah read "avant garde artist."

Gibson has has been with his long-term girlfriend partner for 10 years. She does modeling work and can be quite stunning when she glams it up.

by Anonymousreply 145October 26, 2021 3:45 AM

Speaking of Janice Lynde as Laurel Chapin (OLTL)....Video Link....Laurel with Marco showing off his chest hair. Gosh I wish he would have come out before he passed away. We all know what he really died from, don't we?....Also in the video = Laurels hot brother Trent Chapin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146October 26, 2021 9:25 AM

Before Janice exited Y&R, she did a pilot for a sit-com on NBC called "Roxy Page" about "an aspiring Broadway star who, in addition to auditions and rehearsals, must cope with a volatile Armenian family which has other plans for her life." The pilot aired in September 1976, but didn't get picked up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147October 27, 2021 9:19 PM

And I still say I hit that bitch with my suitcase ACCIDENTALLY.

by Anonymousreply 148October 27, 2021 9:26 PM

As I recall, when they were on Y&R, Janice was getting busy IRL with co-star, William Grey Espy (Hot Snapper).

by Anonymousreply 149October 27, 2021 9:46 PM

R148 Of course it was an ACCIDENT, Brad was BLIND by that time.

But he didn't need help with hand jobs. I offered, but he said he was good.

by Anonymousreply 150October 27, 2021 10:52 PM

Brock, it was only because you insisted on singing Blowin' in the Wind at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 151October 27, 2021 10:55 PM

Is she any relation to Paul Lynde, MURDERER?

by Anonymousreply 152October 27, 2021 11:08 PM

R152 No. Her "Lynde" comes from her middle name, "Lynn," with her given name actually being "Janice Lynn Zoch" - daughter of Marvin & Sophia Zoch.

by Anonymousreply 153October 28, 2021 12:26 AM

I am just LOVING Scoche Marin as the Katherine Chancellor recast! She has totally reenergized the show!

by Anonymousreply 154October 29, 2021 2:47 AM

I just LOVED that scene between Noah and Sharon when he told his mom about all the big uncut British cock he's been sampling while working in London. Noah shouldn't have any problem at all taking Rey when he and his new step-dad fuck out in the Newman Barn. .. Finally! A November sweeps story we can look forward to!

by Anonymousreply 155October 30, 2021 2:16 AM

I know Y&R is a soap opera, and it is fiction, but the issues between Nick and Phyllis are so contrived. They are discussing their problems, but it is hard for me to understand what their problems really are. Supposedly she does not like his family, and he is always going to defend (or take the side of) his family. But at this point in the game, Nick does not seem to like his family either, so he and Phyllis should be on the same side. I know this is all for storyline purposes, yet if there were some real problems between them, it would help. On another note, what is going on with Phyllis's hair? Is she wearing a wig. It often looks like she just rolled out of bed. And she looks like the type who does not wear deodorant.

by Anonymousreply 156November 2, 2021 12:57 AM

They should have never allowed Stafford back.

by Anonymousreply 157November 2, 2021 1:54 AM

It's so bad, r156, I wanted to text today's scriptwriter, Janice Ferri, and ask her, "Isn't it difficult to write dialogue when the characters are forced to do things that make absolutely no sense?" It's idiot plotting such as I haven't seen on this show since I started watching it again three years ago.

I wonder whether Mariah's going to kidnap the baby.

by Anonymousreply 158November 2, 2021 2:09 AM

I almost felt sorry for Boredway having to try and sell Abby's endless soliloquies about Chance today.

btw - I heard Christine mention Nina yesterday, but has anyone contacted Gay Phillip to let him know that HIS SON is "dead"? .. Maybe PC4 decided to take a play from PC3's book, and after figuring out that he's as gay as dad, he took the opportunity to fake his own death, leaving a wife and baby behind. .. Don't we like it when generational history repeats itself on soaps .. lol! .. And instead of fleeing to Australia like Phillip did, Chance is now embracing his new life in Tel Aviv with his hot Middle Eastern boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 159November 2, 2021 7:56 PM

Yes, I've also been wondering if they were going to remember to notify gay Phillip about his son's death. Show seems to want to forget he came back from the dead. I mean, they couldn't even bring Phillip 3 back for Chance's wedding.

by Anonymousreply 160November 2, 2021 8:27 PM

R160 Well, at least they did mention Phillip at the wedding. Recall, Nina announced that Phillip had been on his way to Genoa City when he came down with an appendicitis attack at the airport. .. How convenient .. lol. Then, during the wedding reception, Nina read a message from Phillip that he'd written to Chance and his new bride.

My wish would be that if/when they decide to recast Chance and bring him back from the not-so-dead that they also take the opportunity to recast Phillip at the same time. .. I can wax sentimental over young Bierdz in the role, but that's in the past. If they're ever going to play Phillip in the present, then they just need to turn the page and find an actor who can hold his own and keep up with today's production pace. Have him arrive with his somewhat younger and possibly sketchy Australian fiancé. - jmho

by Anonymousreply 161November 2, 2021 9:37 PM

Would love to see P3 return to the campus, but show seems reluctant to deal with male homosexuality. Female homosexuality is OK (see Mariah and Tessa), but male homosexuality seems distasteful to Y&R's older skewing, conservative audience.

If they do bring P3 back, I agree that it should be with an actor who can handle the pace and also has stronger acting chops (Bierdz was the weak link in the story back in 2010). Maybe its time to deSORAS P3 to his late 40s.

by Anonymousreply 162November 2, 2021 9:46 PM

[quote] Maybe its time to deSORAS P3 to his late 40s.

That would be okay as long as NuPhillip still looked like he's a peer to Nina and Christine. (Cast is 54, LLB is 52.) Bierdz (now 59) is actually 5+ years older than those two. Also, it would probably depend on who they'd hire to play NuChance. Daddy Phillip should look about 19-years older than Chance, and they'd probably want NuChance to look like he's a fit with 38-year old Boredway.

by Anonymousreply 163November 2, 2021 10:29 PM

This promo from 1995 makes it look like Phyllis is about to pleasure gay Danny by fingering his hole. .. And that line at the end makes it sound like she hit his p-spot! .. Perhaps this is the real reason he agreed to stay married to her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164November 2, 2021 10:44 PM

There was something distinctly hollow about the scene with Nina.

First off, neither Victor nor Ashley have ever had much to do with the Nina character, so having them trying to comfort her just came off 'odd.' .. Where's Christine or Jill .. even Esther?

Second, Nina wants to hold the roll of paper towels playing baby Dominic to feel close to Chance? Why? The baby has no physical connection to her dead son.

On that note, they sure are hitting viewers over the head that sperm donor DuhVon and Boring Abby are going to hook-up to raise their baby. Could there be a duller duo in town?

by Anonymousreply 165November 4, 2021 7:43 PM

Could there be a duller town?

by Anonymousreply 166November 4, 2021 7:52 PM

Steve Burton - IN as Dylan.

by Anonymousreply 167November 4, 2021 7:53 PM

[quote] Could there be a duller town?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168November 4, 2021 8:38 PM

The man who plays Adam and Victor's private investigator is cute. They hardly give him any lines, but he is nice to look at for the few seconds he is on screen.

by Anonymousreply 169November 5, 2021 1:48 AM

Damian was lucky to be paired with Staffy in terms of air time.

this show is so bad.

by Anonymousreply 170November 5, 2021 3:19 AM

R158, that's too bad; Janice has been there back to the Bill bell days; she must hate her job.

Weren't Nick and Phyllis just having fun when they got back together? Maybe the long-term conflict could have been ALWAYS going back to Sharon but even when Faith was sick, Nick and Sharon were like brother and sister by her bedside.

There was no drama; not heartstrings; no pull. Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 171November 5, 2021 4:59 AM

Something really heavy is going on.

by Anonymousreply 172November 5, 2021 6:55 AM

[quote] Staffy

I think you mean, "The Stafford."

by Anonymousreply 173November 5, 2021 7:35 AM

Truly, the only word to ever describe the staf infection is CUNT!

by Anonymousreply 174November 6, 2021 4:25 AM

I think its HOT that Camryn eats snatch! Yum yum yum!!

by Anonymousreply 175November 6, 2021 11:35 AM

Has Camryn ever been with a girl, though?

She appears to still be all-loved-up with the same male whom she was with with before she made her "bi" announcement. .. In fact when questioned at that time, she even said, "... my bf is bisexual and it was during conversations with him that it just clicked. Honestly feel stupid I didn’t come to the conclusion sooner lol.”

So she's over 30, living in the 21st century where there's been all kinds of sexual identity issues discussed in the media for decades, yet it takes something her boyfriend says to lead her to that conclusion? I notice he identifies "He-They-Them" on social media.

Wake me up when she actually has a real girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 176November 6, 2021 10:17 PM

R165, Josh may not get that Nina has no relationship with Ash or Victor.

It's like when Lauren joined Chris and Nina to talk old times. Lauren didn't really have any with them.

There was a network exec who came in after Bill stepped down and she just had to get rid of all of Bill's cronies and bring on outside writers. The show has never been the same since.

by Anonymousreply 177November 7, 2021 5:42 AM

R177 That was Barbara Bloom (CBS) who got her buddy Lynn Marie Latham installed as EP/HW, and soon the coup of 2006-07 began /aka/ Operation Scorched Earth.

by Anonymousreply 178November 7, 2021 9:35 AM

R176 Oh don’t be so stupid! Camryn’s 30 and never knew she liked clit? Please.

by Anonymousreply 179November 7, 2021 6:46 PM

Branco is drunk,again. He’s the kiss of death of Emmys! If he thinks you’ll win an Emmy, run away!!!!

by Anonymousreply 180November 8, 2021 3:35 AM

Is there Emmy buzz for Janice? I don't think they used her much.

by Anonymousreply 181November 8, 2021 11:58 AM

If you all write letters, maybe they'll bring me back!

by Anonymousreply 182November 8, 2021 1:07 PM

Janice is going to put herself up for Best Guest Appearance.

by Anonymousreply 183November 8, 2021 4:55 PM

R178, yeah -- I wasn't up for naming names and all but yeah...didn't Babs realize that Lynn simply doesn't stick around for the long term -- like Bill's writers would have?

the two game-changing lines for CBS Daytime were James Stenbeck to Barbara "Hello, Barbara" and CBS daytime welcoming Babs Bloom

You never know with that Guest Emmy category; one year, Ray Wise, Donna Mills and Fred Willard all tied and took home gold.

Janice could sneak thru even tho they didn't give her tons of stuff;

the daytime vet I'd like to see win that thing is Denise Alexander who popped back up as Lesley Webber.

by Anonymousreply 184November 8, 2021 7:06 PM

Janice is nostalgic (sentimental), but frankly, she didn't really do much.

In the Guest Performer category, I would vote for Ptosha Storey (Naya). She did some really memorable work there, especially toward the end back in August.

by Anonymousreply 185November 8, 2021 7:10 PM

Emmys schmemmys

who won the Soap Hub Awards?

by Anonymousreply 186November 8, 2021 7:38 PM

Is there a cut off for the number of episodes an actor can appear and still be considered a Guest Performer?

by Anonymousreply 187November 8, 2021 9:24 PM

R187 No. "Number of episodes" for the Guest Performer category is not defined. NATAS used to use the phrase "a limited number of appearances.," and last year, they expanded upon that so the rules for the category now read:

[quote] The category recognizes the work of a Guest Performer (defined as a performance in a limited role with a definitive beginning and end to the story arc) in a Drama Series.

Also: Originally, someone like Janice Lynde would not have been eligible for the Guest Performer category, because her character of "Leslie Brooks" had already been on the show, so rather than being seen as a new "Guest Performer," she would have been seen as a previously-established character. .. But NATAS changed that a couple of years ago. So now actors like she and Denise Alexander are eligible. The rules now read:

[quote] Guest Performers who are playing characters they either played before, or are newly cast ARE now eligible.

by Anonymousreply 188November 8, 2021 9:49 PM

Janice's "story arc" would be: "I came; I accompanied Lesbian Tessa on the piano; I said 'saluti' and 'prego', then disappeared."

Reels can be 15 minutes. Did she even have 15 minutes of dialogue during her four episodes? I remember she exchanged silly (made-up) pleasantries with the likes of Victor, Nikki, Victoria, and Ashland during her first episode, but during her last three episodes, she was basically a glorified underfive.

by Anonymousreply 189November 8, 2021 10:07 PM

So Greg Evigan was eligible for a Guest Performer nod for his role on GH as Jim Harvey back in 2018?

He was amazing in the role, but didn't get a nom for some strange reason. I figured it was because he appeared in too many episodes -- he did something like 30 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 190November 8, 2021 10:09 PM

That old nasty bitch Vernee something won a Guest Emmy a few years ago on GH and still appeared afterward. Stupid category. Guest schmuest.

by Anonymousreply 191November 8, 2021 10:22 PM

R190 Do you know if Evigan even submitted, though? .. Some actors don't care. .. Then, there are others who make the mistake of thinking they should submit in "Supporting," which is actually the most competitive of the categories. NATAS even appears to make reference to that with a note within the Guest category rules when they advise: "The Performer, the Series, and Administration should all be in agreement on placement."

by Anonymousreply 192November 8, 2021 10:46 PM

It doesn't matter how long the reel is.

by Anonymousreply 193November 9, 2021 12:06 AM

Word, Judi.

by Anonymousreply 194November 9, 2021 12:06 AM

It's too bad Brad Maule didn't make the cut for at least a nom ls year when he came back to help Lucas through a crisis on GH.

by Anonymousreply 195November 9, 2021 12:07 AM

The shows usually decide who goes on the ballot.

I think GH has the best actresses on TV even tho the last three years went to Jacqui, Heather, and Jacqui.

I'd love to see Genie win; Cynthia's had an incredible year too.

by Anonymousreply 196November 9, 2021 12:48 AM

Actors can self-submit .. And given some of what we've seen in the Guest Performer category, they most certainly do... lol! .. I remember a couple years back some actress named Elissa Kapneck was on the ballot. Y&R viewers were like WHO? .. She's not the only one.

Guest Performers don't have that same long-term relationship with the show that the regular cast does, so any of that "political" crap about who should be on the ballot (and in what category) doesn't really apply to them.

by Anonymousreply 197November 9, 2021 3:00 AM

Is Y&R as happy and are they all a big happy family just like at GH?

by Anonymousreply 198November 10, 2021 5:16 AM

Toxic sets from most to least:

1) GH

2) Y&R

3) B&B

4) Days

Y&R is usually number one for toxicity, but they tend to keep their deplorables somewhat in check and with budget cuts there are no perks for the cast to fight over. Even though I heard on Twitter that Stafford and Morrow are mad that they are being broken up.

by Anonymousreply 199November 10, 2021 10:52 AM

Stafford is always toxic. Morrow should just be glad he’s still employed.

by Anonymousreply 200November 10, 2021 11:18 AM

You're right, R200. .. At this point, Nick is just slightly more interesting than DuhVon. .. Morrow is lucky he still looks great, but honestly, as a character, Nick could easily be taken off canvas with a sudden, "I'm tired of dealing with family sheet any longer, so I'm moving to Barcelona to catch up with my college fuckbuddies Hutch,, Van, and Brian."

by Anonymousreply 201November 10, 2021 7:18 PM

Chrissy is going to be playing "Big Daddy" in Nawlins.

I wonder if he'll wear a fat suit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202November 10, 2021 9:45 PM

Y&R is just one big happy family!

by Anonymousreply 203November 10, 2021 10:46 PM

Connor Floyd IN as Chance Chancellor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204November 10, 2021 11:30 PM

*** Correction. It looks like he spells his name "Conner."

by Anonymousreply 205November 10, 2021 11:31 PM

The flashbacks where Michael questions Amanda on the stand as she testifies against her grandfather were so low budget and lackluster. The storyline dragged on forever and it led to that?

Anymore budget cuts and they'll have to replace more than half the cast with inanimate objects. Although that would be a huge improvement in the cases of Abby, Summer, Devon, Amanda and Elena.

by Anonymousreply 206November 10, 2021 11:47 PM

Per the caption, Barry's Bootcamp must be the new casting agent for Y&R.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207November 11, 2021 12:02 AM

I thought soaps recruited their hot young hunks from modeling agencies and m4m strip clubs.

by Anonymousreply 208November 11, 2021 12:22 AM

Just like his predecessor Donny Boaz when he first joined the show, looks like Conner Floyd is in severe need of a good hairstylist who can give him a haircut that will flatter him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209November 11, 2021 12:27 AM

Jerry Douglas died.

by Anonymousreply 210November 11, 2021 12:31 AM

This show needs a major overhaul to get me interested again.

Conner isn’t it.

by Anonymousreply 211November 11, 2021 12:34 AM

Bring back Doug Davidson to save this show.

by Anonymousreply 212November 11, 2021 12:36 AM

R212 = Nellie Branco

by Anonymousreply 213November 11, 2021 12:42 AM

Funny. I don't miss Dougie at all. .. In fact, I'd probably kill "The Chief" off - make it a revenge hit from some mobster in the old Genoa City Mob who just got released from prison.

The show can do some special effects with a "Paul Mannequin" shot from behind. .. When Dummy Paul takes a bullet to the head, we see Paul's toupee go flying across Chancellor Park and land in the duck pond. .. Cricket Blair screams. .. A day or two later, Father Todd shows up for a closed casket funeral. The End.

by Anonymousreply 214November 11, 2021 12:50 AM

At least Conner looks like he could be related to Donnelley and Thom.

by Anonymousreply 215November 11, 2021 12:51 AM

Jerry Douglas and Jess Walton: it's on!

Nobody did divorce like John and Jill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216November 11, 2021 1:24 AM

Oh dear. Daddy passed away. RIP Jerry Douglas but kudos for getting such young pussy with Kym!! Eat with the stars, Jerry.

by Anonymousreply 217November 11, 2021 2:31 AM

Why hasn’t anyone ever backed up Miss Branco’s lie about Doug Davidson??? A room full of people and witnesses yet no one saw anything? Or has ever backed up lyin’ ole Nellie? And Nellie never pressed charges. Hmmmmmmmm Classic Nellie lies.

by Anonymousreply 218November 11, 2021 2:38 AM

John Abbott is dead to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219November 11, 2021 10:31 AM

Another.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220November 11, 2021 10:33 AM

I have been saying it for a few years, this show needs a new core family. The Abbots are pretty nonexistent, and I am tired of the Newmans.

by Anonymousreply 221November 11, 2021 11:56 PM

I think "new core family" was what was behind Mal Young's introduction of The Rosales. As I recall, the buzz was that Daran Little had specifically been brought in as a consultant to come up with story-character development for the family. Griffith obviously didn't want to continue with that move.

by Anonymousreply 222November 12, 2021 12:27 AM

The Rosales were a disaster. Notice how they were all gone very quickly.

by Anonymousreply 223November 12, 2021 1:01 AM

A lot of people want a new core family, but YR is closer to the end than the beginning now. I’m kind of sick of the Newmans too, but the time to build and develop the new family is kind of pointless, considering the show probably won’t last beyond another 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 224November 12, 2021 1:01 AM

What do y'all think of reviving the Williams family? Fan favorites Doug Davidson and Lauralee Bell would be the patriarch/matriarch of the family. Bring back his daughter Heather and give her some insta-teenage kids. Give him some half-nieces and nephews from when Carl was fucking that woman when he had amnesia. Bing bam boom, you got yourself a core family.

by Anonymousreply 225November 12, 2021 1:48 AM

I'm not interested in anything Williams. Don't miss Paul at all, and while I don't hate Cricket, I certainly wouldn't want seeing her played even more as some kind of family matriarch (not to mention I don't think LLB wants to return full-time). Plus, I always thought she was better with Gay Danny anyway. She and Paul are very blah.

by Anonymousreply 226November 12, 2021 2:16 AM

Y&R has a few problems.

Problem #1 - the old guard needs to take a back seat. Nick and his family should be driving story for the Newmans and Billy and his family should be driving story for the Abbotts

Problem #2 - there are no aspirational characters on the show. The show needs a middle class family, maybe like the Fosters who are aspirational. The show needs a young Jill, a hairdresser who wanted a better life or a young Sally who was a waitress and fucking Snapper. There is no family working to make ends meet who gets caught up in the drama of the main families.

Problem #3 - There are way too many corporate stories.

Problem #4 - There are no more over the top Bill Bell type stories. While Bell wrote stories that were mostly grounded in reality, he always had one batshit crazy story added to the mix. Long before Days was burying alive characters and putting them in cages, Y&R was doing that stuff. Y&R had a black character go undercover as a white guy.

by Anonymousreply 227November 12, 2021 2:31 AM

They should've made Kyle a hot bisexual male slut who would fuck ANYTHING ANYWHERE ANYTIME. And Mealor would totally be believable in that role rather than as an aggressively hetero character.

by Anonymousreply 228November 12, 2021 3:13 AM

Meanwhile on Days, Marlena is freed of demonic possession when the devil leaps into Susan Banks who had just been turned into a cat and then turns into a second Kristen DiMera played by Eileen Davidson!!! Shit's starting to border on Passions.

by Anonymousreply 229November 13, 2021 6:18 PM

Y&R needs to put the Sutton Ames story out of its misery. It has dragged on for too long and hasn't been interesting for most of its run. It initially had some potential. The best thing that can come out of it is if they keep Naya and Imani. Naya can drive a wedge between Amanda and Devon, and Imani can drive a wedge between Elena and Nate. The Jesse Gaines/Camilla Rhodes arc isn't much better. I think this one might morph into a Jesse Gaines whodunit. And of course, the perpetrator will not be a regular cast member. It will be someone we do not know (or ever saw before) that Jesse was blackmailing off camera. On another note, Sharon works in a coffee house but dresses like she is going to a club or a red carpet event. I do not need to see Phyllis and Jack as a couple again. Please move on from this, Y&R. Bring someone new in for both Jack and Phyllis. I would rather they bring Tara Locke back to mix things up with Jack.

by Anonymousreply 230November 14, 2021 12:44 AM

If they do a memorial episode for Jerry Douglas, I just hope they spell his name correctly on the memorial card.

by Anonymousreply 231November 14, 2021 2:36 AM

Jerry Douglas had 2 different colored eyes. Like a cat.

by Anonymousreply 232November 14, 2021 2:47 AM

I'm watching a Greg Rikart lookalike named Andrew Durand in One December Night on Hallmark - I told my partner it WAS Greg. It's uncanny.

by Anonymousreply 233November 14, 2021 3:40 AM

He looks like he could be Greg's homely brother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234November 14, 2021 5:54 AM

There were a few children from the Brooks/Foster pairings, decades ago. Bring them into the fold.

by Anonymousreply 235November 14, 2021 7:09 AM

The obvious ratings grabber would be to bring back beloved Brendad Ickson and Thom Bierdz as mother and son Jill and Phillip.

by Anonymousreply 236November 14, 2021 10:00 AM

Neither BrendaD nor Thom would be able to keep up with today's fast-paced production model.

I DO believe, however, that both Jill and Phillip should be RECAST at this point.

It would appear that (semi-retired?) Walton is very comfortable in her rural Oregon life and no longer wants to work full-time in Los Angeles. And a more talented actor playing Phillip could actually accomplish something with the character.

If TPTB knew what they were doing, both NuJill and NuPhillip would be showing up right about NOW - arriving together from Australia. .. Jill would be giving Billy hell for getting HER company, ChanceComm, in such trouble, and Phillip would be there to meet his new grandson, Dominic, as well as be on-hand with Nina when their son, NuChance, comes back from the dead.

by Anonymousreply 237November 15, 2021 1:11 AM

How old should Chance be in real time?

by Anonymousreply 238November 15, 2021 2:05 AM

R238 PC4 was born in 1988 - so 33 - which for the record is about what Nicholas should actually be as well.

by Anonymousreply 239November 15, 2021 2:35 AM

Nicholas should be in a pair of white briefs.

by Anonymousreply 240November 15, 2021 3:05 AM

Nicholas should be in a Nasty Pig jock strap, so he can show off his furry hole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241November 15, 2021 3:10 AM

Jason Thompson dissects the ChancComm kerfuckle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242November 15, 2021 5:18 AM

WHAT was Joshua thinking?

by Anonymousreply 243November 15, 2021 5:19 AM

[quote]WHAT was Joshua thinking?

Anal-yze this ASS.

by Anonymousreply 244November 15, 2021 5:22 AM

Morrow was thinking maybe some gay producer will see this photo set and call me in to audition for my big break playing a Waiter, or High School Jock "Chad" (in the locker room scene), or even Paramedic #2 with three lines.

by Anonymousreply 245November 15, 2021 5:38 AM

Josh Morrow isn’t the best actor in the world.

by Anonymousreply 246November 15, 2021 9:25 AM

Y&R really tried to pimp Josh with FIVE Daytime Emmy nominations for Younger Actor. But zip nada zilch.

It's a good thing he knows how to make money in real estate, but then even that's not rocket science given the L.A. market over the last 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 247November 15, 2021 9:45 PM

Josh truly delivers in scenes involving kids -- Cassie, Christian, but those are few and far between.

by Anonymousreply 248November 21, 2021 4:24 AM

I can't imagine how awkward Josh and Camryn must have felt when Team JFP-Altman/Passanante had Mariah try to seduce Nick.

BARF.

by Anonymousreply 249November 21, 2021 4:50 AM

Cammy has joked that she's the only woman in America who doesn't find Josh hot because he was a surrogate dad to her back in the day and she just DOESN"T think of him that way.

by Anonymousreply 250November 21, 2021 4:53 AM

R58 = I can see why Robert Adamson got canned. Dude liked to eat and it wasn't flattering in shirtless scenes. A year ago in the X-mas episode he was really bloated (link)..I always thought the problem with the character of Noah is they aged him too much too soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251November 21, 2021 7:13 AM

Noah's supposed to be about 6-7 years YOUNGER than Cassie-Mariah. .. And since Camryn grew up in the role, they only SORASed Noah after Cassie was dead. .. The aging MAB did with Kevin G. Schmidt wasn't too bad, but Team JFP-Griffin went much further with Adamson. .. And once Camryn was brought back as Twin Mariah, Adamson's much older look was always going to be hard to overlook. .. I mean, Adamson's even older than Mark Grossman who plays Uncle Adam ... lol.

by Anonymousreply 252November 21, 2021 7:43 AM

Soap Hub Awards winners:

Favorite Y&R actor: Eric Braeden

Favorite Y&R actress: Michelle Stafford

Favorite Days actor: RSW

Favorite Days actress: V.K.

Favorite B&B actor: John McCook

Favorite B&B actress: JMW(or Hunter Tylo mini)

Favorite GH actor: Steve Burton

Favorite GH actress: Laura Wright

Favorite Newcomer: Nicholas Alexander Chavez

Favorite Feud: Carly vs Nina

Favorite Soap Opera: GH

by Anonymousreply 253November 21, 2021 8:45 AM

Cammy likes snatch so of course she doesn’t find Joshy attractive. She likes pussy.

by Anonymousreply 254November 21, 2021 10:17 AM

So does Assland Locke=Brooks Prentiss?

by Anonymousreply 255November 21, 2021 2:45 PM

Pay attention, R255.

Ashland Locke = Bobby DeFranco.

And no, he's not from the singing DeFranco Family.

by Anonymousreply 256November 21, 2021 5:31 PM

Listen to the Heartbeat!

by Anonymousreply 257November 22, 2021 4:42 AM

Martyr Doug is quitting social media.

Yes, Dougie we know. They aren't calling you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258November 24, 2021 10:31 PM

Is he in the early stages of Brendad Ickson Syndrome?

by Anonymousreply 259November 24, 2021 10:33 PM

Wow Paul Williams was always a dud in my eyes. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 260November 25, 2021 3:07 AM

Geez .. Yesterday we get The Young & the Syphilitic, and today they give us a non-classic from October that's still on CBS All Access .. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 261November 25, 2021 7:15 PM

After just two days I already like NuChance better than I did Chance.

That's not saying a lot. Conner Floyd still needs a lot of work. But he's infinitely better than Donny Boaz.

by Anonymousreply 262December 1, 2021 8:19 PM

30 years of Michael LaBaldwin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263December 1, 2021 10:44 PM

^ Where's Scoche?

by Anonymousreply 264December 1, 2021 10:45 PM

R264 Haven't you heard? She refused to get vaccinated, so Sony fired her old wrinkly ass. They've since cleaned out and sanitized her dressing room and assigned it to Rory and Conner.

by Anonymousreply 265December 1, 2021 11:00 PM

When Blabby calls Nina to tell her about Chance and then puts him on the phone to talk to his mother, we learn that Nina's down in Oz with Phillip, who's conveniently not at home right then ...lol!

On another note, the role of Jill Foster Abbott is now being played by Froggy from "Our Gang."

And finally, Adam looks super hot in his new grey winter coat.

by Anonymousreply 266December 2, 2021 2:18 AM

[quote] Martyr Doug is quitting social media.

I wonder if Doug remembers tweeting (dweeting?) that at R258? Three weeks later, he's still posting.

by Anonymousreply 267December 11, 2021 11:33 PM

I was laughing at Faith's observations of her brother Noah's interactions with Tessa. How on earth could anyone tell what he's thinking or what signals he's sending out? He acts like he's on tranquilizers.

by Anonymousreply 268December 17, 2021 7:44 AM

Soap operas still exist? And people still watch them? What a bunch of fucking losers

by Anonymousreply 269December 17, 2021 7:56 AM

R269, I"m sure whatever hobby or interest you have is beyond criticism.

I don't know who hurt you but try not to bring it here..drop the war tactics and the snark.

Try love.

If you have the slightest idea of what that is...

by Anonymousreply 270December 22, 2021 12:08 AM

r268, I've been tracking Noah's obvious interest in Tessa for a couple of weeks now.

In other matters, the current Billy-tries-to-fool-Adam-and-Victor-and-Sally-helps-him storyline is one of the lamest bits of storytelling I have ever witnessed.

by Anonymousreply 271December 22, 2021 12:11 AM

Is there a new thread?

by Anonymousreply 272December 27, 2021 1:29 AM

R271, Y&R is a mess

Ashland's gotten a good health report...so is he going to take back custody of little Harrison?

Why is it that Chelsea and Chloe can commit all kinds of horrific acts and they walk around free but Tara does a little insider trading (or whatever she did) and it's off to the hoosegow

by Anonymousreply 273December 30, 2021 4:23 AM

A KILLER look!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274January 2, 2022 11:11 PM

Ha R274- This was a CLASSIC. I have been watching those summer 1991 episodes and there was SO much going on- Bill Bell really turned up the storylines that summer and the show was cooking. I was very surprised at how outlandish so much of it was. It was great soap opera.

by Anonymousreply 275January 2, 2022 11:14 PM

R275, Bill was a fucking genius; he knew how to give his audience what they wanted and made them wait.

I think when Victor walked into the Colonnade Room alive and well after being presumed dead the numbers shot up to 9.1

The show gets a 3.2 now, I think.

by Anonymousreply 276January 3, 2022 6:33 AM

R276- SO MUCH WAS GOING DOWN- And it WAS slow, but there was so much going on.

Nikki's drinking- Sheila's stealing Lauren's baby (and hell this was EARLY Sheila) Sheila's mom who was onto the whole thing Nina's mother Flo arrives (this character really worked for me- I liked her a lot) David Kimball Drucilla/Neil

These were all strong storylines and it was ALOT. I did not remember how great 88-94 was and this was a great reminder.

The show looked more lush than ever, and the old school soundtrack was popping and ever present.

by Anonymousreply 277January 3, 2022 7:10 PM

Hot Daddy Ashland OUT.

Victoria should come home and find Ashland in bed with Noah. Turns out they've been hooking up ever since the big wedding in Tuscany.

Noah can't help himself. He's a daddy chaser.

by Anonymousreply 278January 9, 2022 7:27 PM

I noticed Ashland had been reduced to 'walk on' status lately. Why waste Richard Burgi, a still at 64 hot actor? He thinks Hans got his way.

by Anonymousreply 279January 10, 2022 11:37 AM

Ashland and Victoria got married in October in an elaborate wedding. Show went all out, building multiple brand new sets for the event.

Now, less than 6 months later, they're writing him out????? This doesn't make sense. Why go to all the expense of going that wedding if they're jettisoning the character 6 months later??

by Anonymousreply 280January 10, 2022 3:17 PM

Today was a very special "All About Chrissie" episode as he ponders retiring from the rigors of practicing law. Riveting!!!

by Anonymousreply 281January 10, 2022 6:14 PM

The special Chrissy episode needed some kind of hook at the end,

During the final scene when we saw the beefy bartender exit the dining area, Chrissy should have excused himself and met up with him in the men's room, telling him, "Now that I'm 'retiring,' I'll have much more time to spend with YOU! And by the way, that new car I promised you is in the parking lot out back. Here's the key." He then pulls the guy into the stall saying, "Now come here and fuck me, hot stuff."

btw - I don't mind Lauren, but it's really hard looking at that plastic face of hers for 37 minutes straight.

by Anonymousreply 282January 10, 2022 7:48 PM

With Robert Newman as the new Ashley, when will Kim Zimmer show up as nuVictoria?

by Anonymousreply 283January 11, 2022 10:18 PM

Kim Zimmer IN as "TRIXI ABBOTT," Traci's twin sister, whom Dina left at the hospital.

John was busy at Jabot and didn't know about the second "Pumpkin," and Dina didn't couldn't be bothered raising TWO chubby babies. One was enough.

by Anonymousreply 284January 11, 2022 11:01 PM

FALSE!! Traci ate her twin in the womb

by Anonymousreply 285January 11, 2022 11:09 PM

Not out R280. He’s been recast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286January 12, 2022 12:03 AM

Why did Burgi leave?

by Anonymousreply 287January 12, 2022 12:06 AM

R287 he got the ax for something.

by Anonymousreply 288January 12, 2022 12:57 AM

r288

any vaccine mandates on Y&R?

by Anonymousreply 289January 12, 2022 1:02 AM

Burgi was never going to stick around forever. As I recall, he originally came on to do 10 episodes, but then JaBottom and Dummer had their contract issues, so the story switched gears, and they asked Burgi to stay into the summer, and I believe a second extension put him on contract, so that could have been a six-month thing. He's already got two other projects in the works.

by Anonymousreply 290January 12, 2022 1:18 AM

It can't be easy to feign passion for Heinle with her aggressive overbite and hair modeled on a rat's nest.

by Anonymousreply 291January 12, 2022 1:36 AM

Burgi's talking about why he left

But why not just recast for a few days?

Each show has their own COVID policy, it seems

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292January 12, 2022 1:42 AM

So, did all the restaurants in Genoa City close down except for Society?

by Anonymousreply 293January 13, 2022 12:33 AM

Yes. And apparently they don't have Door Dash since everyone in town stops in to pick up take out.

by Anonymousreply 294January 13, 2022 2:52 AM

When is Jarsh Lewis' first day?

by Anonymousreply 295February 4, 2022 1:19 AM

R295 SOD says Wednesday, February 9th.

by Anonymousreply 296February 4, 2022 3:23 AM

A new Y&R thread (obvs people can still use this one but I think it's somewhat paywalled?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297February 4, 2022 2:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!