Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Shawn Mendes and Camila are trying WAY TOO HARD

But mostly Shawn. He keeps trying way too hard and nothing is catching with the public because IT DOES NOT WORK FOR HIM. He is a one note musician/singer who is trying to now be some big sexpot symbol but it doesn’t work. He looks ridiculous and no one was even going nuts about his look. He didn’t even trend. He did all this for what?

And he’s doing the sexpot thing after his “Wonder” worldly hippie like phase flopped.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244November 21, 2021 1:53 AM

Really? She could have tried way harder with that dress.

by Anonymousreply 1September 15, 2021 7:16 PM

Is there much of a weight difference here? He looks much better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 15, 2021 7:17 PM

R2 yes. He is thinner now.

by Anonymousreply 3September 15, 2021 7:18 PM

He paints his nails. How on trend. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 4September 15, 2021 8:29 PM

He’s trying to be some edgy hot sex symbol now. Stop

by Anonymousreply 5September 15, 2021 8:32 PM

These two are SO DULL..

by Anonymousreply 6September 15, 2021 8:58 PM

Rip 'em to shreds!

by Anonymousreply 7September 15, 2021 9:02 PM

Oy. Healer to cleanse spaces for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 16, 2021 2:10 AM

R8 he looks STUPID

by Anonymousreply 9September 16, 2021 2:11 AM

"Making the change from wearing Chelsea boots every day to converse sneakers had made me take myself a lot less seriously."

by Anonymousreply 10September 16, 2021 2:13 AM

He’s trying so hard to be a sex symbol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 17, 2021 12:51 PM

After watching him greeting Justin Bieber at the Met Gala, I wondered why he just comes out already. He’s gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 17, 2021 12:56 PM

Shawn and Justin have met. They did a fucking song and video together

by Anonymousreply 13September 17, 2021 12:59 PM

That is one hideous Quinceañera dress

by Anonymousreply 14September 17, 2021 1:02 PM

R13 They did a fucking, song and video together

by Anonymousreply 15September 17, 2021 1:03 PM

R13 and R15 listen to his voice

by Anonymousreply 16September 17, 2021 1:22 PM

I don’t know him but who’s the fruit?

by Anonymousreply 17September 17, 2021 1:27 PM

She looks cheap, they really tried to hide her weight gain with that dress and it shows

by Anonymousreply 18September 17, 2021 5:10 PM

That Vogue video really lifts the veil on how empty these people are. They have no spark & no charisma.

by Anonymousreply 19September 17, 2021 5:27 PM

He's dripping with masculinity in R11's vid. Thank god he had his healer with him.

by Anonymousreply 20September 17, 2021 6:06 PM

Yet, OP is writing a 1-page essay about him on DL. How ironic.

by Anonymousreply 21September 17, 2021 6:37 PM

Shawn's recent single flopped. I'm sure his label is going to try to rush release another one soon, which will also flop. Face it. He's done. Now all that's left to do is wait for the inevitable meltdown when he comes to the realization that his career is over.

by Anonymousreply 22September 17, 2021 7:19 PM

His only #1 song was with Camila.

by Anonymousreply 23September 17, 2021 7:25 PM

He's not done if they get a good song. What baffles me is that they thought that delicate song was good enough. I guess with record labels it's all about schedules. They needed a single out before the VMAs.

by Anonymousreply 24September 17, 2021 7:25 PM

GAY GAY GAY!

by Anonymousreply 25September 17, 2021 7:31 PM

Read does look like she reads cards (“his career is dead under a bridge, by a body of water”)

by Anonymousreply 26September 17, 2021 7:48 PM

Good songs flop too.

by Anonymousreply 27September 17, 2021 7:52 PM

That would be more of a worry. But the new song isn't good.

by Anonymousreply 28September 17, 2021 7:55 PM

R26 She*

by Anonymousreply 29September 17, 2021 7:55 PM

R27 Summer of Flop wasn't a good song. Shawn has no good songs.

by Anonymousreply 30September 17, 2021 8:06 PM

R30 because he’s not a real musician or talent. He’s a Vine star who somehow gained enough momentum to get a recording contract. He is a limited vocalist, a fake songwriter, and guys like him, guys with a guitar, get played out fast

by Anonymousreply 31September 17, 2021 8:09 PM

He's a pop star. Most pop stars are given songs and maybe they change a word or two. Stitches is a good pop song.

by Anonymousreply 32September 17, 2021 8:44 PM

Guys with a guitar get played out fast?

by Anonymousreply 33September 17, 2021 8:44 PM

R33 yup. Sure do. Mayer was irrelevant for years before this year.

by Anonymousreply 34September 17, 2021 8:54 PM

What do you mean by irrelevant? Hit records mean ability to tour. Has John Mayer ever not been able to tour? He's not playing bars...

by Anonymousreply 35September 17, 2021 8:55 PM

R35 you must be new.

by Anonymousreply 36September 17, 2021 8:58 PM

R35 thats not how it works at all…

by Anonymousreply 37September 17, 2021 8:58 PM

They are too much, they look like they're dressed up for a Halloween party.

by Anonymousreply 38September 17, 2021 9:00 PM

They are both basic looking. Why are DLers obsessed?

by Anonymousreply 39September 17, 2021 9:00 PM

John Mayer’s 2010’s single highest charting song was at #25

His latest album has been doing well, the first to do so in years. None of the singles have charted.

He has a built in fanbase. He was never an ordinary pop boy either. He also wrote his own songs. Maybe you should have used someone else to compare to Shawn Mendes.

by Anonymousreply 40September 17, 2021 9:02 PM

R16 ✨✨✨HeEeEeEyY bRooOoh✨✨✨

I don't want to be mean, I really don't.

by Anonymousreply 41September 17, 2021 9:04 PM

Is he mentally limited?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 17, 2021 9:05 PM

Shawn is someone who’s been told he is better looking than he actually is his whole life

by Anonymousreply 43September 17, 2021 9:07 PM

He's good looking enough to keep your attention, though.

by Anonymousreply 44September 17, 2021 9:08 PM

[Quote] None of the singles have charted.

Why would they? He's over 40.

by Anonymousreply 45September 17, 2021 9:09 PM

If you're beyond the teen set, records are basically promotional tools to help launch a profitable tour.

How are Shawn's monthly streams? That's a more important metric than an individual single's chart placing.

by Anonymousreply 46September 17, 2021 9:10 PM

He actually has a horse face, not exactly ugly, but not as beautiful as they want to make him out. They market him to teen girls just like they did to Ricky Martin and we see how that worked out.

by Anonymousreply 47September 17, 2021 9:16 PM

What? Is Ricky Martin experiencing his Sad Last Days?

by Anonymousreply 48September 17, 2021 9:18 PM

[quote] Shawn is someone who’s been told he is better looking than he actually is his whole life

How much ‘better looking’ is that? Because he’s very, VERY good looking. I’d happily fuck that kid on my mother’s dining room table during thanksgiving dinner.

I’m guessing most of you would too because why else do you start so very many threads on him? The only time I think of him is when one of these pissy threads gets posted and you all line up to pontificate about how ugly/closeted/over he is. For someone as awful and useless as he apparently seems to be, he sure does have your attention.

Why is that, exactly?

by Anonymousreply 49September 17, 2021 10:03 PM

Shine your light, Shawn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 17, 2021 10:04 PM

And so manly.

by Anonymousreply 51September 17, 2021 10:08 PM

Like you wouldn't sniff his pits.

by Anonymousreply 52September 17, 2021 10:09 PM

He's pretty but wow, after seeing the Chelsea boots video, I will never find him sexually appealing again. He's like a real-life Rollergirl.

by Anonymousreply 53September 17, 2021 10:19 PM

He isn’t that good looking. At all. The hype around his “looks” is insane for someone whose face is basic.

by Anonymousreply 54September 17, 2021 10:19 PM

Ooh. I wanna see Shawn go down in the back of a limo on VHS.

by Anonymousreply 55September 17, 2021 10:20 PM

[Quote] for someone whose face is basic.

He white.

by Anonymousreply 56September 17, 2021 10:20 PM

[quote]Shawn is someone who’s been told he is better looking than he actually is his whole life

That explains the baffling false modesty.

by Anonymousreply 57September 17, 2021 10:30 PM

False modesty is a given for a celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 58September 17, 2021 10:32 PM

The picture at OP is evidence that the young ones, while obsessed with style, fail to pay heed to their predecessors.

Coco might be spinning in her grave, if she were inclined to give even a fraction of a fuck about these two.

by Anonymousreply 59September 17, 2021 10:39 PM

This gender-fluid bullshit is so common these days.

Present hole, hussy! That would be rad.

by Anonymousreply 60September 17, 2021 10:40 PM

Whatever he's doing its working. $90 mil in ticket sales. Endorsements and marketing campaigns with Beats and Calvin Klein and 4 other companies. I think he has a fragrance now. Big netflix deal for that documentary--maybe a lot of people watched, maybe nobody watched, he still might've earned $5-10 mil off of it.

by Anonymousreply 61September 17, 2021 10:48 PM

Girls, him being insufferable and closeted doesn't mean I wouldn't creampie every hole in his hot canadian body.

by Anonymousreply 62September 17, 2021 10:51 PM

He’s BASIC in both the look and personality fields. Sorry to disappoint but is is FACT

by Anonymousreply 63September 17, 2021 11:07 PM

Disappoint whom? A den of bitches?

by Anonymousreply 64September 17, 2021 11:12 PM

See what Lil Nas X is achieving right now is what Shawn could be doing if only he was openly gay and had actual talent. I bet Lil Nas X will have his third #1 with "That's What I Want" while Shawn had to hitch onto Camilla to get even one #1 and now his highest peak for the flop single is #48 with a huge amount of payola trying to prop it up. A tale of two gay artists. The closet kills...careers in 2021.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65September 18, 2021 2:04 AM

R65 It's not the closet; it's that Shawn is a blithering daft donkey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66September 18, 2021 2:06 AM

^ WTF was that? He's dumb and extremely annoying.

by Anonymousreply 67September 18, 2021 2:32 AM

R67 That's his thoughtful treatise on why Chelsea boots made him take himself too serious [sic] and Converse have brought him down to Earth. Who needs college?

by Anonymousreply 68September 18, 2021 2:36 AM

I hate comments like r65

They’re very different artists and styles. Even if Shawn was out he wouldn’t be doing what Nas is doing.

by Anonymousreply 69September 18, 2021 2:46 AM

He's great looking and also a dummy and furthermore he has no taste - neither in music, style, or women. He seems uncomfortable in his own skin. Its a miracle he got this far because he seems to make many bad choices and also seems to make no choices.

by Anonymousreply 70September 18, 2021 2:54 AM

He’s cute. Nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 71September 18, 2021 2:57 AM

He will be out of the closet in 2022. That's the only way to salvage his dying career. Though the reactions will mostly be "duuuhhhh!"

by Anonymousreply 72September 18, 2021 3:00 AM

The main thing Nas is doing is making sure he doesn’t have a career or longevity.

by Anonymousreply 73September 18, 2021 3:02 AM

Of* longevity

by Anonymousreply 74September 18, 2021 3:02 AM

Well, he attends to Cher so of course he has no taste.

by Anonymousreply 75September 18, 2021 3:12 AM

[Quote] The main thing Nas is doing is making sure he doesn’t have a career or longevity.

Is he a flash in the pan like that Madonna woman?

by Anonymousreply 76September 18, 2021 3:13 AM

He is building a career of gimmicks and shock value. He’s a black gay man doing this.

In the long run he’s hindering himself.

by Anonymousreply 77September 18, 2021 3:15 AM

R13 We met in the parking lot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78September 18, 2021 3:18 AM

Lil Nas X seems intelligent given how witty he is on Twitter. LNX has complete control over his career too, he is a self-made online rapper and has a hustler mentality. Already, he has made a lot of money with his brand and used social media to his advantage. He'll be around for a while like Soulja Boy. Shawn is just a pretty doll who does what his handlers tell him too, a classic manufactured teen idol with little personality. Justin Bieber and Chris Brown are mental cases with unpredictable behavior, both have appealed to public sympathies with redemption arcs but honestly people love to watch them because they're trainwrecks. Just male Britneys. Shawn was always boring and bland, a safe middle-class wholesome Christian teen from a privileged and sheltered background. That image is not sustainable because it's too status quo and vanilla. Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran are talented enough to make music for an older audience and already expanded their horizons at early ages. Shawn has actually regressed and not shown much growth. Who knows, maybe Shawn has a trick up his sleeve.

by Anonymousreply 79September 18, 2021 3:22 AM

Or a trick in his slot, as it were.

by Anonymousreply 80September 18, 2021 3:25 AM

[Quote] He is building a career of gimmicks and shock value. He’s a black gay man doing this. In the long run he’s hindering himself.

Hmmm. Should he refrain from this because he's a black gay male?

by Anonymousreply 81September 18, 2021 4:52 AM

[quote] He is building a career of gimmicks and shock value. He’s a black gay man doing this. In the long run he’s hindering himself.

Straight people do this all the time. Most fail. So maybe Lil Nas X has something those straight white people don't have. He made a few million so far, so how exactly is that hindering? He is getting everything he wanted in a shorter time than most ever would. In the current world of pop music, being a walking gimmick is what sells, everyone is a brand now. Thank Madonna for opening those doors up. I can't be mad at a gay Black man making money off the system. Hate the game, not the player.

by Anonymousreply 82September 18, 2021 5:16 AM

Their teams are determined to make this work.

by Anonymousreply 83September 18, 2021 5:20 AM

I was surprised at how funny Lil Nas X is on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 84September 18, 2021 5:29 AM

PRESENT HOLE you dumb bitch!

by Anonymousreply 85September 18, 2021 10:51 AM

Coming tight up, r85.

by Anonymousreply 86September 18, 2021 11:07 AM

He’s definitely a handsome guy and I don’t know or care if he’s straight, gay or bi or whatever. But his musical talent is very limited, and he comes across as a complete moron every time he opens his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 87September 18, 2021 12:01 PM

Lil Nas X is not building a career of longevity. The fact you all, AT YOUR AGES, don’t see how in the long run he won’t be a thing because of all his shock value tactics…

CMBYN video had 351 million views. That is good but it’s not the numbers a lot of other viral videos get in almost 6 months. Some surpass 1 billion by now. He got a lot of views the first week out of curiosity and then it stalled.

This is going to be his career’s trajectory, which he has also limited himself to being a USA/UK star if anything because his shit is banned in many other places now.

by Anonymousreply 88September 18, 2021 12:09 PM

R82 straight people do? Or women? A woman using shock value is not sneered at as much, but what men use shock value that has to do with sexuality?

by Anonymousreply 89September 18, 2021 12:10 PM

This thread is about a vapid, pigeon-brained himbo kid who is famous because he never wears a shirt and sells underwear, and it has been turned into a criticism of a provocative gay black musical artist who has diverted boldly from the norms of black culture. Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 90September 18, 2021 12:13 PM

I respect Nas X, but I know in the long run he won’t have a good career because of all he’s done this era.

Shawn became famous before the CK contract (which was short lived) or being shirtless.

by Anonymousreply 91September 18, 2021 12:15 PM

Most pop stars don't have long careers. Do you really expect Shawn and Camilla will have long careers? Theirs are based on appearances (as with many young pop stars.)

Why divert criticism away from intellectually and creatively limited pinups and toward a truly talented, creative and courageous artist? It seems really suspect.

by Anonymousreply 92September 18, 2021 12:19 PM

Shawn’s career is already 6 years old darlings. His debut album came out in April of 2015 and went to #1.

He isn’t brand new anymore.

Camila has been around since 2018 as a solo artist but Fifth Harmony’s debut came out in 2015, 6 years ago now.

Lil Nas X had one viral song and now another one using shock value. The follow up didn’t generate the hysteria the first did.

by Anonymousreply 93September 18, 2021 12:27 PM

I agree, actually.

When you build a career off of shock value, eventually there is nowhere else to go. Lil Nas X has cornered himself and he will be nothing more than a memory in a few years. His “viral” song and video CMBYN only has a fraction of views a lot of other music videos get on YouTube when they go super viral. He got himself banned from a handful of countries too. I think he is a brave soul, but he has to know what he’s done to himself.

Also, why are we always comparing Shawn Mendes to him? Shawn is in line with Bieber and Styles, X is a completely different type of “artist” and appeals to a different group.

by Anonymousreply 94September 18, 2021 12:33 PM

Shawn has been around for six years, after becoming famous on Vine, and he's still dumb as a dingy old doorknob.

by Anonymousreply 95September 18, 2021 12:36 PM

In "The Edwardians," by Vita Sackville-West, the character of Lady Sylvia Roehampton (I refer to her as Lady HO-Hampton), was a professional beauty. Seeing the OP's pic, I am reminded of a passage from this book I just read for the 10th time: "The same applied to whatever she wore, for she was blessed with that enviable quality of investing every colour seen on her with a fresh significance; thus blue appeared more vividly blue, grey more subtly grey, black more intensely black, when affected by her; and tweeds or taffeta held their place as the only wear for woman, according as Lady Roehampton wore taffeta or tweeds. She had her imitators, who were surprised and chagrined to find that the same vestments on them dd not produce the same effect."

Shawn's hipster 'get up' would have looked smashin' on Brian Jones in 1966. But Shawn's demeanour wearing it appears to be that he doesn't want to scratch the veneer of the leather, or discover some kind of louche stain on the fabric next day.

There are those who can wear anything and look elegant and poised. Then there's the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 96September 18, 2021 1:25 PM

I don't get a lot of the pile on on Lil Nas X here (ok I sort of do, this is DL and posters are racist), but to suggest after having two #1's (soon to be three) and two additional top five hits that he's just a flash in the pan is wrong. If he had sputtered out after Old Town Road, which everyone (including me) assumed would happen, then yeah, I'd agree with you all. However, this album is going to debut at #1 and will probably outsell every single album Shawn has put out thus far.

Shawn may have lasted longer, but a lot of it has been about pure luck and payola. His career almost didn't take off early on until "Life of the Party" became a minor radio hit. After that, it was sputs and slight movements into allowing him to keep recording, even if nothing ever became a massive success. The closet he got to a real hit was Senorita and that's because he had to hitch himself onto Camilla in order to attain it. Even his collaboration with Bieber, who can seemingly make #1's happen for just about anyone, couldn't get Shawn's song with him past #8.

His label is not going to keep throwing dollar after dollar propping up his career forever. There will come a point (probably just after the release of his next album) where they will reevaluate whether Shawn's career has any viability and whether they should save him. I'm not convinced they will, since this latest flop isn't even his only flop. Wonder Flop was also forgotten, shuffled away with just two singles released because they performed so poorly. This single did even worse than those two songs, which I'm sure Island is noticing. I would if I were in their shoes. I don't see 2022 being a pretty year for Shawn.

by Anonymousreply 97September 18, 2021 1:55 PM

Nas X is benefiting from streaming baby. If streaming wasn’t a thing he wouldn’t be charting.

by Anonymousreply 98September 18, 2021 1:58 PM

^ Streaming is a much more authentic way of gauging listener interest than radio payola, which is all Shawn has at this point.

by Anonymousreply 99September 18, 2021 2:07 PM

Shawn is exactly what the traditional music industry loves: He's got teen idol looks, including the big perfect smile, flat chest and rippling abdomen they can reliably bank on to a dumb, horny audience. He's got blandly formulaic pop music and a tepid sound. Most importantly, he's dumb as a post and he won't see it coming or know what to do when he goes from darling to trash overnight. He'll just be another casualty.

He'd be smart to realize he's naive and go to school or apprentice himself under an astute businessperson before he squanders everything he has and ends up strung out and desperate after being dumped by his label.

by Anonymousreply 100September 18, 2021 2:14 PM

Yas Qween! It's giving Cher!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101September 18, 2021 2:14 PM

Shawn should just go into acting. He may not be able to act but he is pretty and photogenic. Netflix, The CW, Lifetime or Hallmark would hire him. Unlike Camila, Shawn actually would fit the Disney brand, I could see him playing a Disney prince like Prince Eric or Prince Charming.

by Anonymousreply 102September 18, 2021 5:57 PM

Do you think Disney would pay for a tutor to teach him to read, R102?

by Anonymousreply 103September 18, 2021 5:58 PM

What about the nasaly gay voice?

by Anonymousreply 104September 18, 2021 6:31 PM

Disney's first gay Portuguese prince.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105September 18, 2021 6:54 PM

[quote] Also, why are we always comparing Shawn Mendes to him? Shawn is in line with Bieber and Styles, X is a completely different type of “artist” and appeals to a different group.

I see similarities between all of them but there's differences too.

Bieber was a surprise YouTube sensation and was groomed to take the spot of Usher, Timberlake and Chris Brown. A R&B-lite dance-pop star. Bieber's life struggles endeared him to the public, he was hated for a while because he was obnoxious and had behavior issues but he cleaned up his image and humbled himself which got him more followers now than his beginning. He has a similar sort of vulnerability to him similar to Britney Spears. He's not the most talented but he does put a lot into his performances and is natural on stage and he is smart at choosing good singles that will be hits on the club and dance charts.

While Harry Styles was in a boy band that got famous off of a reality competition and continued to be popular due to social media. They gained a very devoted fandom due to connecting with their fans who still remain loyal today. Harry is very self-aware thus gives his fans whatever fantasy they want from him. He is a limited vocalist but is smart to find the best producers and made excellent pop albums that gained critical acclaim.

Lil Nas X got famous off of Soundcloud, Twitter and was infamous as a troll in Nicki Minaj fandom circles. He is a tech-savvy nerd who understands how to control the narrative online. He is funny and clever, actually expresses the most creative freedom and is talented in that he writes and produces his own music. Maybe, he used his sexuality for clout but has the honor to have never been closeted and is seen as an inspirational to many gay minority kids.

While Shawn did get famous on Vine, he never seemed to have been set up for any long-term success and Shawn lacks the hard work ethic and savviness the other three have. Shawn is someone who was relatively well-off to begin with, the music stuff was a hobby and he was in the right place at the right time with Vine. Bieber, Harry and LNX didn't come from the most stable of environments, they had more passion for what they did especially and they come across as grateful and appreciative. Shawn shows he is a whiny spoiled brat who feels entitled for attention despite not putting in the same amount of effort as the other three have

by Anonymousreply 106September 18, 2021 7:38 PM

Shawn and Camila should audition for Dancing with the Stars!

by Anonymousreply 107September 18, 2021 7:58 PM

How long has Eminem had a career? He's a hip hop legend. I've never listened to an album of his but that's beside the point.

Some DLers are mind boggingly stuck in whatever period they were last vital.

by Anonymousreply 108September 18, 2021 8:06 PM

*bogglingly

by Anonymousreply 109September 18, 2021 8:07 PM

She can’t act. He can’t do anything. Watch him in interviews. You think he will be an actor? Time to get realistic.

by Anonymousreply 110September 18, 2021 8:09 PM

Lil Nas X leans into bottom imagery (e.g. some of the moves in the naked dance scene from the Kanye produced hit). I suspect that puts him on DL's shit list.

by Anonymousreply 111September 18, 2021 8:11 PM

[Quote] Most pop stars don't have long careers. Do you really expect Shawn and Camilla will have long careers?

I think they could become Donny and Marie, or Nick and Jessica (Shawn as Jessica, of course).

by Anonymousreply 112September 18, 2021 8:12 PM

He’s banned in numerous countries. He’s shooting himself in the foot in the long run.

by Anonymousreply 113September 18, 2021 8:12 PM

[quote] I think they could become Donny and Marie, or Nick and Jessica (Shawn as Jessica, of course).

Valid as Shawn and Camila were never A-list pop stars to begin with but they will continue to do shitty reality shows, talk shows, lifestyle content and other marketing brand crap for housewives to remain in public consciousness.

by Anonymousreply 114September 18, 2021 8:19 PM

[Quote] He’s banned in numerous countries. He’s shooting himself in the foot in the long run.

You want him to capitulate to backward countries?

by Anonymousreply 115September 18, 2021 9:05 PM

Lil Nas is nasty…..

by Anonymousreply 116September 21, 2021 9:10 PM

Miss Mendes Helix Studios on line one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117October 1, 2021 1:56 AM

I would crawl on my hands and knees across five miles of broken glass just to come on Shawn Mendes's shadow

by Anonymousreply 118October 1, 2021 1:59 AM

Camilla has a monstrous face and her body is average how did she ever become so famous?

by Anonymousreply 119October 1, 2021 2:15 AM

R119 She's a better singer than Shawn is, certainly.

by Anonymousreply 120October 6, 2021 9:34 PM

I think Shawn Shawn won‘t come out as gay but as trans.

by Anonymousreply 121October 6, 2021 10:14 PM

that wouldn't surprise me, R121

by Anonymousreply 122October 6, 2021 10:17 PM

I'm a straight woman and usually this "he's in the closet" stuff is obvious wishful thinking on behalf of gay men but I've always thought Shawn was gay. His voice mannerisms and everything. Him and Taylor Lautner are just too obvious.

by Anonymousreply 123October 6, 2021 10:25 PM

Now you’re a woman? Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 124October 6, 2021 10:27 PM

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 125October 6, 2021 10:28 PM

Gay men know nothing about women AND women know nothing about gay men. So, fraus, GTFOH

by Anonymousreply 126October 6, 2021 10:40 PM

R123 Lautner would have kept himself up better if he were gay.

by Anonymousreply 127October 6, 2021 10:43 PM

[Quote] I'm a straight woman and usually this "he's in the closet" stuff is obvious wishful thinking on behalf of gay men

Your thinking is obviously rather shallow, then. Anyone can be gay.

by Anonymousreply 128October 6, 2021 10:49 PM

[Quote] Lautner would have kept himself up better if he were gay.

Agreed.

by Anonymousreply 129October 6, 2021 10:50 PM

[quote]I'm a straight woman and usually this "he's in the closet" stuff is obvious wishful thinking on behalf of gay men

We can recognize our own, you fucking cunt.

by Anonymousreply 130October 6, 2021 10:52 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131October 7, 2021 4:07 AM

LOL He genuinely thinks he's going to sell out arenas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132October 8, 2021 3:56 AM

Mocked for being an obvious closet case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133October 8, 2021 3:57 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134October 8, 2021 3:57 AM

Lautner has always seemed extremely gay and I do not believe for one second that he is straight.

by Anonymousreply 135October 8, 2021 4:08 AM

Shawn & Connor:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136October 8, 2021 9:22 AM

Shawn & Connor:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137October 8, 2021 9:23 AM

Who is Connor Wood?

by Anonymousreply 138October 8, 2021 10:59 AM

Shawn: C'mon, pleasssssssse?

Connor: Nope, it's way too big for that tight little cherry of yours. Now go away, I have to fuck Camilla again so that she keeps giving cover for your closeted ass. You can watch if you want, but no crying - makes my dick soft.

Shawn: Dammiiitttt!

by Anonymousreply 139October 8, 2021 11:05 AM

[Quote] The "Connor fucks Camilla but won't give it to Shawn" Troll

Do we have one of those? I've never noticed them before.

by Anonymousreply 140October 8, 2021 1:10 PM

Troll titles should be short and snappy.

by Anonymousreply 141October 8, 2021 1:12 PM

The "Connor Cuckolds Shawn" Troll, for example.

by Anonymousreply 142October 8, 2021 1:13 PM

So because Shawn needed to communicate something to his assistant at a loud concert so he got close to his ear he is gay?

by Anonymousreply 143October 8, 2021 1:13 PM

[quote]Who is Connor Wood?

Shawn's fuckhole

by Anonymousreply 144October 8, 2021 4:32 PM

I thought his name was Connor Brashier?

by Anonymousreply 145October 8, 2021 4:33 PM

He's a big jerk who won't help out a buddy in need!

by Anonymousreply 146October 8, 2021 9:52 PM

[Quote] Inspired by the infectious beauty of his small home town, Laguna Beach, and the effervescent surf culture surrounding, Connor Brashier started

Effervescent surf culture? It's give me: Mary!

by Anonymousreply 147October 8, 2021 9:54 PM

[quote]So because Shawn needed to communicate something to his assistant at a loud concert so he got close to his ear he is gay?

It's not just that one photo. They are together all the time and are rather affectionate. They often wear matching clothes & jewellery. They kind of act like a couple.

by Anonymousreply 148October 9, 2021 9:05 AM

If Shawn is gay, I don't think he's admitted it to himself. Therefore, I don't think he and Connor are a secret couple.

by Anonymousreply 149October 9, 2021 12:05 PM

Camilla is bothered by what we say here on the DL. Too bad girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150October 9, 2021 6:18 PM

God he looks greasy in that photo.

by Anonymousreply 151October 9, 2021 6:25 PM

Shawn doesn't look well at r150.

by Anonymousreply 152October 9, 2021 6:58 PM

He looks like had just got done performing and was maybe a bit overheated, R152.

Are you also the person who thought Evan Peters didn’t look well at all at the Emmy’s, even though he always looks like that?

by Anonymousreply 153October 9, 2021 7:07 PM

He didn’t perform though. This was the Met Gala where he was desperate for attention and hardly anyone cared.

by Anonymousreply 154October 9, 2021 7:08 PM

R150 Already looks like he looks at old pictures and cries about how much he's gone downhill.

by Anonymousreply 155October 10, 2021 1:21 AM

New pics from the Met Gala:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156October 14, 2021 11:50 AM

#2 :

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157October 14, 2021 11:50 AM

He just has no sex appeal at all.

by Anonymousreply 158October 14, 2021 11:56 AM

^ he would if he were naked, biting the pillow

by Anonymousreply 159October 14, 2021 11:57 AM

R159 He'd be crying, so that might ruin it.

by Anonymousreply 160October 14, 2021 11:54 PM

Shawn is likely the type so deeply closeted, once he gets plowed, he screams at hookups to GET OUT, followed by a string of homophobic slurs.

by Anonymousreply 161October 15, 2021 12:02 AM

Holy bad camera angle, batman!

They both look like circus freaks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162October 15, 2021 12:37 AM

R161 He'd definitely develop a self-hate addition, probably booze.

by Anonymousreply 163October 15, 2021 1:30 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164October 15, 2021 5:26 AM

Closeted or no, he looks sexy as fuck in r133. I’d do him.

by Anonymousreply 165October 17, 2021 3:19 AM

Yes, but you have low standards.

by Anonymousreply 166October 17, 2021 3:21 AM

[quote]! Yes, but you have low standards

Heh! I’ve never denied it, but i’d like to see the Adonis’ some of you are fucking who make THIS guy look undesirable. I doubt these threads fill ip because everyone’s grooving to his music.

by Anonymousreply 167October 17, 2021 4:12 AM

R167 If he weren't famous, he wouldn't even stand out amongst the basics of TikTok.

by Anonymousreply 168October 17, 2021 4:14 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169October 17, 2021 6:27 AM

The Summer of Love video seems very gay. It really looks like he picks up a hot Papi in a bar. For anal.

by Anonymousreply 170October 17, 2021 7:45 AM

[QUOTE] If he weren't famous, he wouldn't even stand out amongst the basics of TikTok.

But he literally did stand out amongst the basics of Vine, that’s how he got started.

by Anonymousreply 171October 17, 2021 7:50 AM

LOL Grindr throwing some shade at Shawn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172October 17, 2021 2:54 PM

Someone needs to take those boots when he's not looking and throw them out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173October 25, 2021 3:06 PM

Who dat?

by Anonymousreply 174October 25, 2021 3:11 PM

R173 Why can't we send Billy Porter after this guy?

by Anonymousreply 175October 25, 2021 9:49 PM

Billy likes Shawn and is friends with Camila.

Shawn doesn’t wear skirts.

by Anonymousreply 176October 25, 2021 9:53 PM

LOL Shawn is now officially out of the Hot 100. His single is a flop. I wonder what crap his label is going to rush release now to try to salvage his drying career.

by Anonymousreply 177October 26, 2021 5:40 PM

R177 C O M I N G O U T

by Anonymousreply 178October 26, 2021 9:36 PM

R178 Yup, he'll go on a crying tour about his "struggle".

by Anonymousreply 179October 26, 2021 10:16 PM

R179 Yeah, he’ll talk about his ~journey~ and try to make his relationship with Camila look valid.

by Anonymousreply 180October 26, 2021 10:49 PM

LOL This article from MTV Australia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181October 26, 2021 10:49 PM

The cute little pony is turning more into a boring horse every day.

Take a good look at Aaron Carter, Shawn.

by Anonymousreply 182October 27, 2021 12:44 AM

Her publicists must be very, very busy swatting down any gay innuendo coming his way.

by Anonymousreply 183October 27, 2021 1:14 AM

r181 that article is such horseshit. Basically, a man who acts stereotypically gay shouldn't be "labeled" as gay because gender roles and identity are changing! JFC.

by Anonymousreply 184October 27, 2021 1:22 AM

It's sad/hilarious that coming out is likely Shawn's only way to get another 15 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 185October 27, 2021 1:23 AM

You say that but David Cassidy lived off his teen idolhood for the rest of his life. Why should Shawn be any different?

by Anonymousreply 186October 27, 2021 1:41 AM

I don't understand why people want to become famous and then get so offended by rumors and criticisms online. Is everyone supposed to love you, agree with you and not make fun of you just because you're famous? Also if you are a rich celebrity, why can't you just ignore what people say about you? You don't know them and don't have anything to prove to them. He must have some sort of God complex to be this fragile. Most male celebrities just ignore or laugh off these gay rumors.

by Anonymousreply 187October 27, 2021 1:43 AM

Because we are in 2021 and Shawn’s impact is nowhere near David Cassidy’s was in the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 188October 27, 2021 1:43 AM

David Cassidy had talent too. Unfortunately being a teen idol didn't help get him taken seriously.

by Anonymousreply 189October 27, 2021 1:46 AM

r186 David Cassidy was a bitter, miserable alcoholic for the rest of his life, after his fame faded.

by Anonymousreply 190October 27, 2021 1:52 AM

Yes, but he was still able to work, r190.

by Anonymousreply 191October 27, 2021 1:53 AM

SM only hope is for a “pilfered” “sex tape” featuring that cow and SM copulating.

A shirt ton of CGI would be required.

by Anonymousreply 192October 27, 2021 1:57 AM

There is nothing particularly appalling or noteworthy at all about the boots he’s wearing at r173. I can’t imagine having any thoughts about them.

by Anonymousreply 193October 27, 2021 2:12 AM

R192 The tape really needs to be of him and Connor getting it on.

by Anonymousreply 194October 27, 2021 2:46 AM

Did I hear my name mentioned, R194?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195October 28, 2021 4:16 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196October 28, 2021 10:12 AM

Wasn’t there audio captured of him sexy talking to someone?

by Anonymousreply 197October 28, 2021 8:40 PM

R195 Yummy, though that Connor would put poor Shawn in the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 198October 28, 2021 11:30 PM

LOL This will flop as hard as Summer of Flop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199October 30, 2021 2:46 AM

So far the 2010s has not produced a long-running artist that can transition from youth-oriented music to older. The music industry really does not have that sort of power anymore. The 2000s may have been the last decade that developed long-running stars. Bieber, Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry all debuted in the 2000s. Maybe Eilish, Chloe x Halle or Rodrigo can last a while, they have more potential than Shawn and any of the 5H girls. I think pop music is actually improving, 2010s was pretty bad.

by Anonymousreply 200October 31, 2021 9:07 PM

Ariana Grande r200

by Anonymousreply 201October 31, 2021 9:09 PM

R201 True. She's pretty good. Definitely the one of the few 2010s Disney/Nickelodeon with any talent or star power. She is still going on strong.

by Anonymousreply 202October 31, 2021 9:11 PM

R200 Ed Sheeran.

by Anonymousreply 203October 31, 2021 10:26 PM

Also Dua Lipa will last, if she produces another big smash like Future Nostalgia next year.

by Anonymousreply 204October 31, 2021 10:28 PM

I don't think Ed Sheeran's music was ever really teen-oriented though. He's more folk and singer-songwriter. His longevity is impressive though.

by Anonymousreply 205October 31, 2021 11:02 PM

Ed Sheeran is one of the ugliest motherfuckers I've ever seen. Also, that disgusting little troll Lewis Capaldi.

by Anonymousreply 206November 1, 2021 12:30 AM

R56 You jealous bitch. White people have the least basic looks and you know it. Otherwise you wouldn't be hanging here but on Tyler the Creator threads.

by Anonymousreply 207November 1, 2021 1:14 AM

Paper bag him and hit that ass.

by Anonymousreply 208November 1, 2021 1:24 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209November 4, 2021 2:51 AM

R208 God, yes!

by Anonymousreply 210November 4, 2021 3:49 AM

His Summer of Love song flopped because no one could relate. People were coping a pandemic that kept you inside and prevented traveling to new exotic places. In the video, he's vacationing on some Greek island like a spoiled rich boy. If he wants to connect with fans, don't flaunt your rich boy privilege.

by Anonymousreply 211November 4, 2021 4:06 AM

[quote] His Summer of Love song flopped because no one could relate. People were coping a pandemic that kept you inside and prevented traveling to new exotic places. In the video, he's vacationing on some Greek island like a spoiled rich boy. If he wants to connect with fans, don't flaunt your rich boy privilege

This happens to a LOT of celebrities. Someone once told a king: ‘never let anyone hear you complain about your life in a castle!’ It was good advice then and now. We ‘little people’ aren’t sympathetic to the troubles that come with too much money and freedom.

[quote] White people have the least basic looks and you know it. Otherwise you wouldn't be hanging here but on Tyler the Creator threads.

Earlier in this thread i was mocked for admitting I’d fuck him, yet i couldn’t help but note just how popular these threads are for someone so ‘undesirable.’ A lot of folks here are utterly full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 212November 4, 2021 7:47 PM

R212, I’d fuck him too. I think he’s very cute. As an elder gay, I don’t like the tattoos either. I’d fuck Bieber too though I find his tattoos repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 213November 4, 2021 7:58 PM

If Shawn was ugly then he wouldn't have a million threads on this site. Hell, if he was ugly then would be playing guitar on the street or in a Starbucks lobby for change. He would not be famous. Ugly famous guys like Ed Sheeran need to have talent.

by Anonymousreply 214November 4, 2021 8:06 PM

Shawn doesn't look like an average North American white person. He's above the average in looks and he's mixed with Portuguese. Most white Americans and Canadians in the suburbs are a mix of English, Irish and German. That's where the bland joke comes from. But Hollywood celebrities do tend to have a mixture of different ethnicities going on as many come from metropolitan areas.

by Anonymousreply 215November 4, 2021 8:11 PM

[quote] If Shawn was ugly then he wouldn't have a million threads on this site

Andy Cohen is ugly and has no talent yet we seem to have weekly threads on him.

by Anonymousreply 216November 4, 2021 8:18 PM

[quote]Most white Americans and Canadians in the suburbs are a mix of English, Irish and German.

Are you posting from the year 1900? White Americans in suburban areas are a whole mix of various European ethnicities, esp. on the East and West Coasts.

Honest to go, DL is such a time warp.

by Anonymousreply 217November 4, 2021 8:20 PM

[quote] I’d fuck him too. I think he’s very cute. As an elder gay, I don’t like the tattoos either. I’d fuck Bieber too though I find his tattoos repulsive.

So repulsive that I’ve removed him from my ‘fuckable’ list. He’s just gone WAY overboard, especially on his chest and stomach. A pity, since he’d be a demigod without them, but with thme, he looks dirty.

Still fuck Shawn though!

by Anonymousreply 218November 4, 2021 8:21 PM

R215 You are stupid racist. German guys can be really beautiful. Irish and English too. If it is bland for you, it is not for people with more refined taste.

by Anonymousreply 219November 4, 2021 8:25 PM

And yes, many other European nations came to US in the end of 19th and beginning of 20th century.

by Anonymousreply 220November 4, 2021 8:27 PM

Massachusetts and Rhode Island have a sizable Portuguese-American population. Portuguese immigration to New England started in the Colonial era.

by Anonymousreply 221November 4, 2021 8:31 PM

[quote]Shawn doesn't look like an average North American white person. He's above the average in looks and he's mixed with Portuguese. Most white Americans and Canadians in the suburbs are a mix of English, Irish and German.

You are beyond stupid.

by Anonymousreply 222November 4, 2021 8:32 PM

R222 But how lucky that Shawn has Portuguese blood. Because no one without Portuguese blood can not look good.

by Anonymousreply 223November 4, 2021 8:34 PM

R217 Yes on the East and West Coast near urban areas because there is a lot of immigration. A lot of Northeast suburbs are Italian and Irish with Caribbean and Asian immigrants. But most of the rural areas in the Midwest and South are still pretty much the Anglo-Irish-Scottish-German blend with some distant Black or Indigenous ancestry due to isolation. There's a lot of xenophobia among those regions due to lack of diversity.

by Anonymousreply 224November 4, 2021 8:35 PM

R224 Why don't you go there and improve the diversity picture by adding someone retard.. ugh mentally challenged.

by Anonymousreply 225November 4, 2021 8:37 PM

R214 He was cute at the start, now he's just an aging phobic horseface.

by Anonymousreply 226November 5, 2021 12:19 PM

R119 But she’s famous like Mumps or Rubella: you’ve heard of them and have a general idea of what they are, but one can’t really conjure up many specifics.

by Anonymousreply 227November 6, 2021 1:43 AM

He lost his baby fat and us now a 🐎🐴🎠🏇🐎🐴🎠

by Anonymousreply 228November 6, 2021 2:06 AM

New shower pic:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229November 6, 2021 11:50 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230November 6, 2021 1:14 PM

It’s very true about the suburbs being mostly Irish and German. There are a lot of other whites but that’s the most.

Italians in suburbs are typically that by name only.

by Anonymousreply 231November 6, 2021 2:35 PM

R229 Blocking his face is a good start.

by Anonymousreply 232November 6, 2021 3:38 PM

[quote]It’s very true about the suburbs being mostly Irish and German.

No, it's not.

by Anonymousreply 233November 6, 2021 3:49 PM

She’s so thirsty.

by Anonymousreply 234November 6, 2021 9:57 PM

Another new shower pic:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235November 7, 2021 8:45 AM

Yeah, horse right, you jealous bitches. The guy is actually beautiful! Even though I don't like his gay voice. But his looks...

by Anonymousreply 236November 7, 2021 10:23 AM

R236 ….he looks like a horse!

by Anonymousreply 237November 7, 2021 11:40 AM

R228 I kinda think his skull keeps growing and his face becomes longer and more gaunt.

by Anonymousreply 238November 7, 2021 1:31 PM

His face IS longer now than it was years ago.

by Anonymousreply 239November 7, 2021 1:33 PM

Gotta get some D before everyone stops wanting me!

by Anonymousreply 240November 7, 2021 2:52 PM

Shawn was perfect looking when he was 6 feet tall. It's like someone stretched his frame 2 inches and ruined it.

by Anonymousreply 241November 8, 2021 2:26 AM

New shower pic #3:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242November 8, 2021 8:10 AM

New shower pic #4:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243November 8, 2021 8:10 AM

R243 So sweet that he's trying to "man up" here, but he's still a horse-faced git.

by Anonymousreply 244November 21, 2021 1:53 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!