Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Male Celebrities Who Never Came Out but Everyone Knew

Hunky Stephen Boyd's Wiki page makes no mention of his gayness yet talks about his three-week marriage and his late in life marriage to his secretary. He died at 45 from a heart attack. After he died, Raquel Welch outed him when she suggested he come in for a drink and he told her "You’ll have to think about it for a moment but I hope you get my drift: An actress is a little bit more than a woman, but an actor is a little bit less than a man." I thought, ‘Oh! He’s not interested in me; I am the wrong sex!’

Anyone else?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 15, 2021 3:30 PM

Stephen Boyd died in 1977 of a "heart attack" at 45. Yeah right. He was an AIDS death but that is before it was known.

Another cover-up

by Anonymousreply 1September 15, 2021 3:08 PM

These old closet cases don't matter.

But let's talk about Raquel Welch. Why didn't she have an even bigger career? Why does she still look so beautiful? Is she a good person, or a phony old slut?

by Anonymousreply 2September 15, 2021 3:08 PM

Only two persons claim Stephen Boyd was gay; Raquel Welch and Miss Bitchy Bottom, John Gielgud.

Ms. Welch's main reason for calling Mr. Boyd gay was frustrated sexual attraction and love unrequited. She wanted the man badly, but he didn't give her the time of day in that way.

Thus far as Raquel Welch is concerned any man who didn't want to get with her back in the day (when she was at peak of her beauty), must be gay.

Stephen Boyd was very close friends with Hedda Harper. If there was any dirt to be sniffed out in Hollywood, HH was like a beagle; quick to catch the sent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 15, 2021 3:16 PM

R3 Hedda definitely played favorites over the years. Yes, she could be a bloodhound. But she could also be bought off, and she was. She covered for a lot of her friends, and had a pretty transparent need for attention and approval from people who had the career she never got to have.

by Anonymousreply 4September 15, 2021 3:18 PM

Earl Holliman.

by Anonymousreply 5September 15, 2021 3:18 PM

Boyd was a classy guy. Great way to let Rocky know her pussy wasn't a magnet for every man in the universe.

by Anonymousreply 6September 15, 2021 3:20 PM

I'm gay, but even I would want to see Raquel Welch naked. I wouldn't fuck her, though. A goddess like that has surely had the best of the best over the years, and she's bold enough to tell a man when he's lacking. Also, the old slut kisses and tells.

by Anonymousreply 7September 15, 2021 3:21 PM

When Hedda wanted to, she would out men she thought were leading women on. When Elizabeth Taylor married Michael Wilding Hopper called him and his "best friend" Steward Granger into her office and demanded he confess his gayness. She even published her speculation in her book "The Whole Truth and Nothing But the Truth. Even though she was half right (he was bi), Wilding sued her, eventually settling for $100,000. Also, wasn't her son William Hopper of Perry Mason fame gay?

by Anonymousreply 8September 15, 2021 3:26 PM

Sorry, r7, I am so gay there is no woman, no matter how beautiful or sexy, that I have any desire to see naked.

by Anonymousreply 9September 15, 2021 3:27 PM

Hill Harper. I only say this because I think that he is and I know that it will piss off and female lurkers from LSA who believe he’s heterosexual.

by Anonymousreply 10September 15, 2021 3:28 PM

Sherman Helmsley.

by Anonymousreply 11September 15, 2021 3:30 PM

[QUOTE] R1 Stephen Boyd died in 1977 of a "heart attack" at 45. Yeah right. He was an AIDS death but that is before it was known. Another cover-up.

Slight flaw in your logic, If nobody knew that AIDS (GRID) existed how could they cover it up?

The much later 'cover-ups' that did occur generally give Liver/Pancreatic Cancer as the cause of death.

by Anonymousreply 12September 15, 2021 3:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!