Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Book says Trump threatened Pence over Jan. 6: 'I don't want to be your friend anymore'

Donald Trump threatened to end his friendship with Mike Pence on Jan. 5 unless the then-vice president refused to certify Joe Biden's 2020 presidential election victory. The incident was revealed in "Peril," a new book by journalists Bob Woodward and Robert Costa. Details of the book were obtained by CNN.

The book "describes the tense encounter in the Oval Office on January 5 when Trump pressured Pence to overturn the results of the election," CNN reported. "While the showdown went on inside, the two men could hear MAGA supporters cheering and chanting outside near Pennsylvania Avenue."

"If these people say you had the power, wouldn't you want to?" Trump asked Pence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61September 15, 2021 11:08 PM

"But wouldn't it be almost cool to have that power?" Trump pressed.

"No," Pence insisted. "I've done everything I could and then some to find a way around this. It's simply not possible."

by Anonymousreply 1September 14, 2021 10:41 PM

Literal child.

by Anonymousreply 2September 14, 2021 10:48 PM

I'm just thankful every day that he was an incompetent fascist

by Anonymousreply 3September 14, 2021 10:58 PM

This brings back memories of when I was young and saw this movie at the Allston Cinema.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 14, 2021 11:17 PM

What friendship?

Drumpf does not have one friend. The mirror is his friend.

by Anonymousreply 5September 15, 2021 1:01 AM

That sounds like a conversation between Beaver Cleaver and Larry Mondello.

by Anonymousreply 6September 15, 2021 1:13 AM

CNN does not mention the Milley conversation with his Chinese counterpart also detailed in PERIL? They have become so irrelevant to current events that NEWS should no longer be CNN’s mission.

by Anonymousreply 7September 15, 2021 1:16 AM

R7, CNN did mention that in one of their articles about the book. They had several today.

by Anonymousreply 8September 15, 2021 1:19 AM

Okay but they have become a network of opinions, not news. Just like MSNBC.

I think I’ll stick with C-SPAN.

by Anonymousreply 9September 15, 2021 1:33 AM

My god, he talks like a child.

by Anonymousreply 10September 15, 2021 1:45 AM

"If you don't do what I want, I won't be your friend anymore! WAHHHHHH! I WANT MY WAY! DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO, AMERICA!"

by Anonymousreply 11September 15, 2021 1:46 AM

What’s more - he wouldn’t sit with him at lunch!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 12September 15, 2021 2:16 AM

Thus do our leaders comport themselves!

by Anonymousreply 13September 15, 2021 2:20 AM

OP, that pic in your post is one of just pure evil. I absolutely cannot stand the sight of this creep. Don't know how anyone can look at him and see their "savior" or whatever ridiculous name they call him. Unbelievable!

by Anonymousreply 14September 15, 2021 2:23 AM

That’s not a threat, that’s a promise. Pence dodged a fat, greasy bullet.

by Anonymousreply 15September 15, 2021 2:28 AM

I read it as a more sinister message, even a threat: I’m not going to be your friend, I’m going to be your enemy.

by Anonymousreply 16September 15, 2021 2:28 AM

Does he use words like booboo and poopoo?

by Anonymousreply 17September 15, 2021 3:40 AM

Only when he has Hopey Hicks or her stand-in, wiping his fecal expulsions from his rotund, prolapse, R17.

Otherwise, this MACHO MACHO MAN is the second coming of Tony Soprano!

by Anonymousreply 18September 15, 2021 4:03 AM

Trump and Pence were never friends...no matter how much Pence gazed longingly at the orange Mussolini.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 15, 2021 6:47 AM

Mother does not approve.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 15, 2021 6:48 AM

Try again...

Mother does not approve...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 15, 2021 6:50 AM

Goddamn photo of Pence! It's a good one, and it looks fine until I hit POST and then damn url changes and this weird publication opens.

by Anonymousreply 22September 15, 2021 6:52 AM

Different photo of Pence, not looking at Trump so adoringly, but not bad. Although, Mother still doesn't approve...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 15, 2021 6:54 AM

Pence wants to shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 15, 2021 6:56 AM

Trump should endorse Pence for president in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 25September 15, 2021 7:20 AM

^^Not if he wants to run again.

Heaven fucking help us.

by Anonymousreply 26September 15, 2021 7:27 AM

So....he unfriended Pence on Facebook.. He really is a 13 year old girl.

by Anonymousreply 27September 15, 2021 7:31 AM

If you ever need $3 million for your relatives before you pass.... Demand that they pay in Bitcoin.

[quote]Iranian MP puts $3m bounty on President Donald Trump’s head

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 15, 2021 7:36 AM

Is Donny still following Mikey on Tik Tok?

by Anonymousreply 29September 15, 2021 7:43 AM

"If these people say you had the power, wouldn't you want to?"

We've already seen and heard with our own eyes and ears that Trump blatantly wanted to be an authoritarian ruler. Of course, publicly, it's usually couched in 'humor' as if he's ever had the sense of what comedy is.

He's like that grinning weirdo at a party who says some shit that's totally asshole-ish with no punchline and then always says, "Oh, it's a joke! ... Anyways..."

Trump: "Get it? The punchline is: 'I want to be a dictator!' Now, that's comedy! What a knee-slapper!" ... "But it would be kinda nice, wouldn't it?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30September 15, 2021 2:36 PM

The Orange Menace must be kept very far away from ever getting back into The White House, by ANY means necessary! That even means a bullet right between his beady evil eyes.

I've always despised this fool, I still cannot believe this imbecile was ever president. I keep thinking it was just a bad dream. It's extremely scary that this mental midget was anywhere near the nuclear codes.

by Anonymousreply 31September 15, 2021 4:34 PM

Pence wasn't willing to put his ass on the line to reinstall Trump but I think he supported the election being stolen in another way. He seemed like he had authoritarian tendencies. Remember when he tried to use the bible to justify family separations? I love watching him drive away on 1/20. Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 32September 15, 2021 4:44 PM

I'm assuming Pence won't be chosen as Trump's running mate in 2024... I do pray that Trump runs, shutting every other potential Republican out...and then he loses miserably

by Anonymousreply 33September 15, 2021 5:05 PM

R33

I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell of Trump choosing Pence as running mate again. He despises Pence and his drive for revenge is pretty overriding. He only needed Pence to win over the bible-thumpers once and he achieved that...

by Anonymousreply 34September 15, 2021 6:16 PM

Hopefully, Dump will be dead by then. Or someone will wave some shiny new object in front of his disgusting face and his revenge run will be nothing but a passing fantasy. It would be great if he can be lured to another country and stays there.

Right now, this imbecile is spending all that money his moronic fanbase keeps sending into his campaign coffers.

by Anonymousreply 35September 15, 2021 6:29 PM

[quote]The mirror is his friend.

That loofah-faced orange shitgibbon ain't no friend o' mine!

by Anonymousreply 36September 15, 2021 6:49 PM

^^^ I meant to sign my post "David Mirror."

by Anonymousreply 37September 15, 2021 6:50 PM

[quote]Pence wasn't willing to put his ass on the line to reinstall Trump but I think he supported the election being stolen in another way.

Presidents of the United States are not "reinstalled." They are elected, re-elected or defeated. We don't install presidents. This isn't a banana republic...yet.

Pence may have wanted to stay in office, but the rules are so limited after being defeated that there are no options to remain in office.

by Anonymousreply 38September 15, 2021 7:41 PM

Then sent him a note asking "Do you like me? Check one box, yes or no"

by Anonymousreply 39September 15, 2021 7:43 PM

I won’t let you come over and have dinner at my house or play Nintendo ever again

by Anonymousreply 40September 15, 2021 7:44 PM

[quote]"If you don't do what I want, I won't be your friend anymore! WAHHHHHH! I WANT MY WAY! DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO, AMERICA!"

"yOu CaN't SiT wItH mE aNyMoRe!!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 41September 15, 2021 7:46 PM

[quote]"yOu CaN't SiT wItH mE aNyMoRe!!!!!"

Who'd want to sit anywhere near that smelly orange freak, he leaves leaky shit stains wherever he parks his disgusting fat diapered ass!

by Anonymousreply 42September 15, 2021 8:43 PM

Then he sent Miss Lindsey into a tizzy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43September 15, 2021 8:47 PM

They never were friends. They come from completely different backgrounds. I doubt if they ever even talked much. Pence just went on automatic spin and licked Trump's ass publicly, then he and Karen despised him privately. All in hopes of one day being POTUS himself.

Now his political future is over. 'Lie down with dogs...'.

by Anonymousreply 44September 15, 2021 9:36 PM

Pence is very religious. Trump is less so.

by Anonymousreply 45September 15, 2021 9:39 PM

[quote]I went to the college he did—it’s a normal, small beautiful liberal arts school that sits above the Ohio River. Pence was Catholic as a freshman. By the time he was a sophomore, he’d ratted out his frat for having a keg in the house.

[quote]He was evidently “saved” at a youth Christian rock fest in Kentucky the summer before…Apparently, the ethical/moral part of being “saved” hasn’t kicked in yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46September 15, 2021 9:44 PM

Who will direct the film, or cable series, of Dump's presidency?

What a shitstorm. Real life is much stranger than fiction and what a cast of characters!

You couldn't make up half the freaks and in-your-face corruption in the Dump Administration!

by Anonymousreply 47September 15, 2021 9:51 PM

R47

The reality of it was so surreal that I can only imagine that the cinematic version would seem more realistic than what actually happened.

They would need CGI animation just to accurately depict the reality of Trump's real appearance. And they would have to hire some extremely hack writers to intentionally write unbelievable dialogue and plotting. The 'Dotard versus Little Rocketman' story arc alone that concluded in "We fell in love!" unfolded like a drunk editor nonsensically stitched together scenes from two different badly written scripts. And it really happened.

The whole thing was like an assault on the senses. In order to be true to reality, it would need to be a work of surrealist art...

by Anonymousreply 48September 15, 2021 10:08 PM

Ooze hasn't been red-tagged?

by Anonymousreply 49September 15, 2021 10:11 PM

R49… why?

by Anonymousreply 50September 15, 2021 10:15 PM

Isn't he a troublemaker like Defacto/Dejure, SmugAngel (or whatever that lunatic's name is), Your MillennialCunt, Matthew Anscher, RhodaBorrocks, and other DL trolls?

by Anonymousreply 51September 15, 2021 10:18 PM

Trump's statement sounds like he never matured past the age of 12. I won't be your friend???

by Anonymousreply 52September 15, 2021 10:20 PM

[quote]The whole thing was like an assault on the senses. In order to be true to reality, it would need to be a work of surrealist art...

If Salvador Dali was still alive, he'd be perfect to direct it. Wonder how he'd depict Melanoma and the chinless wonder, Ivankankle.

by Anonymousreply 53September 15, 2021 10:21 PM

R51, not when looking at his posts on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 54September 15, 2021 10:24 PM

waaaahhhhh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55September 15, 2021 10:28 PM

Do Dump's drooling fanbase know about this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56September 15, 2021 10:29 PM

R56 that's debunked. It's funny but fake.

by Anonymousreply 57September 15, 2021 10:34 PM

This sure isn't fake, this is his disgusting orange peel textured skin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58September 15, 2021 10:42 PM

Despised the world over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59September 15, 2021 10:52 PM

R6 beat me to it.

by Anonymousreply 60September 15, 2021 10:53 PM

After a certain point, Karen didn't seem to want any contact with Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61September 15, 2021 11:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!