Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lawyer dressed as Michael Myers arrested after roaming Texas beach as prank

A lawyer dressed as a horror movie character on a Texas beach said his eccentric actions were just a prank to make people smile.

But it also led to the arrest of Mark Metzger, the Galveston attorney some people saw roaming a local beach in a Michael Myers costume. He was cited for disorderly conduct and released by Galveston police, KTRK reported.

Police received a call Monday about a masked man holding what appeared to be a bloody knife while walking on the beach ahead of Tropical Storm Nicholas, according to The Daily News in Galveston.

Officers found Metzger dressed as the serial killer from the “Halloween” movies and put him in handcuffs before determining the blood and knife were fake, the newspaper reported.

Metzger said in a Facebook post Monday night he was “still fuzzy on what exactly was illegal.”

“Bringing positive vibes to the gloom and doom out there, generating some laughter, helping people crack a smile, and restoring our faith in humanity through humor is 100% what I’m about,” Metzger said. “It’s all I’ve been about my entire life. My methods might not work for everyone, but I guarantee I’ll please more than I’ll piss off.”

Interviewed by KTRK, he compared his arrest to a scene out of another popular franchise — this one a little more kid-friendly.

“It felt like a scene out of ‘Scooby-Doo’ after they handcuffed me and pulled the mask off, like, ‘I would have gotten away with it if wasn’t for those meddling Karens, you know?” he told the station.

He said in his Facebook post he would pull the prank again “all day every day.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55September 26, 2021 6:45 PM

Freak.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 14, 2021 9:01 PM

I'd be scared if I saw him standing there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 14, 2021 9:02 PM

Um.... don't people have to be nearby, for your "prank" to be appreciated?

He was just walking the beach alone, like a psycho.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 14, 2021 9:03 PM

Mr. Metzger is pretty damned hot, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 14, 2021 9:04 PM

People are gone today.

by Anonymousreply 5September 14, 2021 9:04 PM

Damn, those are some MEATY thighs!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 14, 2021 9:04 PM

Ugh. Hillbilly.

by Anonymousreply 7September 14, 2021 9:07 PM

[quote] Um.... don't people have to be nearby, for your "prank" to be appreciated? He was just walking the beach alone, like a psycho.

Obviously someone was pranked.

by Anonymousreply 8September 14, 2021 9:07 PM

Is it weird AF? Absolutely. But arrest for walking around on a costume is ridiculous and shouldn't have happened and silver lining, he's probably one of the rare ones that goes out with some type of mask on.

by Anonymousreply 9September 14, 2021 9:08 PM

Really though. What a waste of time, resources, and money to house him. Don't they have bigger problems to worry about in their state right now?

by Anonymousreply 10September 14, 2021 9:10 PM

This guy certainly gets off on being a tough guy who thinks he’s funny. It’s all fun and games until someone gets date raped. He’s known as being a loud asshole in Galveston. Take a look at his law office/motorcycle club/goth fantasy combo for examples.

by Anonymousreply 11September 14, 2021 9:15 PM

Loud asshole the police were itching to arrest for other reasons.

by Anonymousreply 12September 14, 2021 9:17 PM

How the hell is a guy wearing a horror mask and wielding a (fake) knife supposed to make people smile? What if he induces a panic attack, or even worse a heart attack? I'd freak the fuck out if I saw him wandering towards me. He obviously has some twisted need for attention. I hope he gets his face rearranged in lock up.

by Anonymousreply 13September 14, 2021 9:22 PM

[quote] It’s all fun and games until someone gets date raped.

Dayum.

by Anonymousreply 14September 14, 2021 9:22 PM

He seems kind of creepy and into dark things.

This is how he spent Labor Day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 14, 2021 9:23 PM

Ummm.... what's THIS all about?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 14, 2021 9:24 PM

Look at these pictures from 2015.

Lawdy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 14, 2021 9:26 PM

And this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 14, 2021 9:26 PM

And this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 14, 2021 9:27 PM

Is Metzger the top or bottom?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 14, 2021 9:27 PM

It's a thing on tiktoc. I've seen videos of Michael Myers camping, playing basketball, grocery shopping and other normal activity.

by Anonymousreply 21September 14, 2021 9:30 PM

So he's gay?

by Anonymousreply 22September 14, 2021 9:31 PM

I can appreciate this sort of thing theatrically (and I'm a pretty facetious individual a lot of the time), but given the political and social climate we're living in (and have been for years now), I don't agree with it.

And I'd be lying if I said I didn't appreciate his thighs, truth be told.

by Anonymousreply 23September 14, 2021 9:32 PM

The problem was that he was carrying a knife. With it being Texas, he would have been okay walking around with a couple of assault rifles.

by Anonymousreply 24September 14, 2021 9:33 PM

No, R22.

His Facebook post with those pictures, says this:

[quote] Little did we know this would be the first of what is now a worldwide experience. The Houston Hike, Irreverent Warriors longest running city in its 9th event since 2015 (we doubled up hikes the first 2 years lol), is coming up on October 30, 2021. Do not miss it. Costumes expected.

He's a former Marine, and I think it's a bunch of former military guys doing an annual event.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 14, 2021 9:37 PM

Although someone who attended the event also posted this:

[quote] Donny O'Malley is with Chris D. Collings and 8 others . tllpAugdhcustgore d2, 2c015 · I came to Houston not knowing a single person. Mark A. Metzger III , and chris offered to put me up for the weekend, introduced me to their closest friends, treated me like i was family, and then led us on an unbelievable hike. I should reiterate that i knew no one, and yet throughout the day i felt like i was in the company of 250 of my closest friends. I laughed and cried with dozens of guys, (thats a lie, i only cried with 2) , i got gay with about 137 guys, put 18 women in the "friend zone," and felt a sense of camaraderie that I havent felt in years. (Except for the silkies hike last weekend ) i watched Jones, Jesse, and Eddie, all missing limbs, hike while shitcan drunk, like the baddest mutherfuckers in the battalion, i watched jesse violently jam his nub into guys crotches and asses, and let people take turns chugging beer out of his prosthetic. In short, i think everyone is still on cloud 9 from this hike. So what's up Texas? Where's the next one?

So I don't know what to make of it.

by Anonymousreply 26September 14, 2021 9:38 PM

R26, it’s a bunch of scared little boys who can’t share their emotions in any way other than being obnoxiously drunk and dry-jumping one another. See also: frat boys, rugby players, and the majority of Australia males.

by Anonymousreply 27September 14, 2021 9:47 PM

Some people have zero sense of humor whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 28September 14, 2021 9:57 PM

Oh for crying out loud, once the cops confronted him and realized it was just a harmless prank - they should have just laughed and moved on. We're approaching Halloween for crying out loud. Lighten up.

by Anonymousreply 29September 14, 2021 10:24 PM

Approaching Halloween? It's about eight weeks away!

by Anonymousreply 30September 14, 2021 10:40 PM

R30 Not too early for Dollar General! They have Christmas roll outs already started.

by Anonymousreply 31September 14, 2021 11:15 PM

An oldie but goodie...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 15, 2021 1:45 AM

He's a lawyer and he didn't know that walking down a beach with what appeared to be a bloody knife might, you know, get him into a little trouble? Come on...

by Anonymousreply 33September 15, 2021 9:54 PM

I don’t think it should have. And I think that’s what he means when he said he’s “struggling” to find the illegality in it.

by Anonymousreply 34September 15, 2021 10:02 PM

He's a lawyer, he's handsome, he's well educated, and he's built like a brick house. He earns multiple times more than either of those cops do. It's rather sad that they went so far as to handcuff him before noticing it was a fake knife and fake blood and someone just playing a prank. It makes them look like idiots and tools. They cited him out of spite. I hope he challenges this and they become the laughing stock of their department.

My entire neighborhood is decorated for Halloween already, the stores are stocked with candy and decorations. He was just getting into the holiday spirit. Some people are seriously stupid.

by Anonymousreply 35September 15, 2021 10:05 PM

Also, the long awaited Halloween Kills is coming out a month from now.

by Anonymousreply 36September 15, 2021 10:09 PM

R34, you know how it's illegal to scream "Fire!" in a crowded theater? It's kinda like that, and any attorney knows it. If this one doesn't, his firm should be called Moron, Moron, & Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 37September 15, 2021 10:18 PM

What a horrible analogy.

Screaming fire in a crowded theatre is a recognized danger for obvious reasons.

Dressing up as a movie killer that everyone knows and walking along the beach alone hardly comes close.

by Anonymousreply 38September 15, 2021 10:37 PM

He's an insufferable entitled narcissist looking for attention. With violent pubic outbursts becoming more common he should have known better. Another shithead causing panic. If he were maskless and BLACK he would have been shot dead.

by Anonymousreply 39September 15, 2021 11:42 PM

He was walking down a deserted beach, which the city of Galveston had closed, like all parks, during a hurricane.

He wanted to get on T.V. Simple as that. People in his own town don’t like him and one called the police, who were itching to arrest him because he puts shot like:

[quote] If you want an attorney who will not back down against the oppression of government power addicts then you must call Mark at 409-420-ISLE.

In his LinkedIn bio. He’s a douchebag adrenaline junkie spoiling for a fight.

by Anonymousreply 40September 16, 2021 2:42 AM

[quote] Lawyer dressed as Michael Myers arrested after roaming Texas beach

Roam if you want to!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 16, 2021 7:59 AM

I bet he is a fist fucking queen. The type @bic12XXX on twitter would destroy and make cry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 16, 2021 7:22 PM

He's hot AF

by Anonymousreply 43September 16, 2021 8:15 PM

I'm with you, R43.

I don't know what these old nellies are yapping about.

by Anonymousreply 44September 16, 2021 9:23 PM

He has a lawyer friend too @morgansuperlawyer

by Anonymousreply 45September 17, 2021 2:49 AM

R45 That guy is a closeted douchebag. I have a friend in Houston who uses him as a simp. Really beats his hole up.

by Anonymousreply 46September 19, 2021 5:03 PM

Interesting, R46.

I guess that confirms our Michael Myers guy is gay too.

by Anonymousreply 47September 19, 2021 5:21 PM

@morgansuperlawyer (his real name is Morgan Burke but spells it Bourque) is TRES GAY.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48September 19, 2021 5:25 PM

Mr. Bourque sure does have a lot of "bachelor" friends.

Is Mark Metzger one of them?

So many Texas closet cases.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49September 19, 2021 5:28 PM

The best photo is the one where cops are arresting him with an arm behind his back.

by Anonymousreply 50September 19, 2021 5:41 PM

He's hotter than Mark Metzger.

by Anonymousreply 51September 19, 2021 6:19 PM

That lawyer Morgan is addicted to testosterone and will do literally anything to get a client or et testosterone. Hilarious but sad

by Anonymousreply 52September 26, 2021 6:15 PM

I don’t understand what the big deal is

by Anonymousreply 53September 26, 2021 6:19 PM

R53 I find it hilarious a hot young lawyer with the body of a god turns out to be nothing more than a testosterone addicted whore.

He’s ruining his life and testicles lol

by Anonymousreply 54September 26, 2021 6:24 PM

Long ago, I went to law school with this guy who assumed the Billy Jack persona and dressed like him. People were a bit weirded out but think he fit the outlaw criminal defense attorney niche and ended up doing well in this role. I wonder if Metzger might be posturing a bit to set himself apart from the hordes of boring lawyers out there?

by Anonymousreply 55September 26, 2021 6:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!