Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Dupixent Commercial with the Fat Gay Dude Bugs the Shit out of Me

Okay, so it starts out with him running to give his kid the lunch box they forgot (handed off to him by his husband) before the school bus drives away. Then none of the rest of the commercial makes sense:

- Seconds later, he's playing soccer in the street with the neighborhood kids and there's a net. Why are these kids not going to school? How did the net get up there with a school bus going down the street? How did the school bus not plow over the kids and the net?

- Then he bounces over to a garage sale. Who the fuck holds a garage sale in the middle of the week? And who are all these unemployed people at the garage sale? And who sells an ancient snorkeling helmet? And all he does is randomly touch shit before he bounces off again. Why the fuck isn't he working? Why isn't his husband working? Why isn't he thinner with all the bouncing around the neighborhood he does?

God, I hate this commercial. God, this pandemic has me paying way too much attention to stupid shit like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 14, 2021 10:37 PM

Those “Muriel’s Wedding” type race-walking bitches barely tolerate him. They’ve likely tried changing the route.

by Anonymousreply 1September 14, 2021 8:14 PM

It's literally just like every other pharmaceutical ad.

by Anonymousreply 2September 14, 2021 8:16 PM

When he goes to the garage sale, he lifts his finger up at some dude, and the dude looks at him like, "Who the fuck are you and what the fuck does that mean?"

by Anonymousreply 3September 14, 2021 8:17 PM

He has big moobs, too!

by Anonymousreply 4September 14, 2021 8:26 PM

R4 You'd think with all that running around his neighborhood and leaping over bus stop benches and kicking soccer balls, he'd lose those moobs.

by Anonymousreply 5September 14, 2021 8:28 PM

You have overthought.

by Anonymousreply 6September 14, 2021 8:31 PM

R6 OP says as much in her post.

by Anonymousreply 7September 14, 2021 8:32 PM

R3–The Dude is making the “Oh, have you found a treasure?” face.

by Anonymousreply 8September 14, 2021 8:33 PM

Oh snap, r7. You really slammed me. I am shamed.

by Anonymousreply 9September 14, 2021 8:34 PM

R9 Where was the slam?

by Anonymousreply 10September 14, 2021 8:36 PM

I just knew eventually someone would start a thread about this commercial, I just knew it.

by Anonymousreply 11September 14, 2021 8:36 PM

Have you been dying to start one, R11?

by Anonymousreply 12September 14, 2021 8:37 PM

No, I didn't care whether one was started or not, but what took so long OP?

by Anonymousreply 13September 14, 2021 8:39 PM

R6 - "God, this pandemic has me paying way too much attention to stupid shit like this."

by Anonymousreply 14September 14, 2021 8:42 PM

They cut off the ending where a gang of roving Eldergays beat him to death with casserole dishes.

by Anonymousreply 15September 14, 2021 8:46 PM

I used a fondue pot, r15.

by Anonymousreply 16September 14, 2021 9:10 PM

Is Brian DePalma directing commercials now?

by Anonymousreply 17September 14, 2021 9:20 PM

R17 It's just missing the slow motion part.

by Anonymousreply 18September 14, 2021 9:34 PM

It creeps me out...the neighborhood Uncle Pervy.

by Anonymousreply 19September 14, 2021 10:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!