Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Taylor Swift is a talentless Nazi Barbie

Swift's popularity stems from bland white suburban teenage girls who see an aspiration version of themselves mirrored in her. The fact that she has been accepted as some kind of queer icon is a tragedy. Her music and style is bland and her relevance as an "important" artist been running on unearned #MeToo steam for years despite her track record of being an absolute bitch to other female artists. Her politics, or even apolitical stance doesn't even matter, she's a talentless hypocrite perma-victim who got her career from her rich daddy and I'm tired of her pearly white woman tears.

by Anonymousreply 31September 28, 2021 6:50 AM

Wish she'd come out already

by Anonymousreply 1September 14, 2021 5:35 PM

OP types like a Lipstick Alley frau

by Anonymousreply 2September 14, 2021 5:36 PM

R1 She's not a lesbian. Stop deluding yourself.

by Anonymousreply 3September 14, 2021 5:38 PM

R2 Nope. I'm sick of gays making excuses for boring, pampered, talent-free divas while ignoring real gay talent. Listen to Rufus Wainwright.

by Anonymousreply 4September 14, 2021 5:40 PM

She’s actually super-liberal, so how is she a nazi again?

by Anonymousreply 5September 14, 2021 5:45 PM

Taylor Swift isn't interesting enough to be a "Nazi barbie" - she is totally milquetoast in every facet.

by Anonymousreply 6September 14, 2021 5:47 PM

Maybe this is a new topic for your incarcerated penpals, and I congratulate you on your rough draft, but Taylor Swift has not been in the news for being a victim or crying white woman tears lately.

by Anonymousreply 7September 14, 2021 5:54 PM

R5 How do you know she's super liberal? Everything she does is opportunistic. You think it's beyond the pale for a celebrity to lie about their beliefs to be accepted? For years she was adopted by the far fight as the ideal aryan woman. It's not her fault that she got co-opted by them but instead of reflecting on why they latched onto her prim stepford wife image eg. the fallout from the Kanye VMA incident and her acting like an asshole behind closed doors, instead she used her people to shut down any discussion of it. Only when the problem became too big to ignore and big publications were calling her out did she become political. I.E she only acted when her interests were at stake. She's a big old phony.

by Anonymousreply 8September 14, 2021 5:56 PM

I see her name and I just get really drowsy. I mean no energy AT ALL.

by Anonymousreply 9September 14, 2021 6:03 PM

Not that I care about her one way or the other, but you may need to look up what a "nazi" is.

by Anonymousreply 10September 14, 2021 6:04 PM

If she was a Nazi, she would at least be interesting. Sadly in her case, there's no there there.

by Anonymousreply 11September 14, 2021 6:12 PM

R8 Opportunistic? She has a huge country fanbase which is conservative, so saying anything liberal is not opportunistic.

Even Carrie Underwood was bashed when she came in favour of gay marriage. There's a liberal part of Nashville but most of the fans are ultrareligious loonies

by Anonymousreply 12September 14, 2021 6:15 PM

R12 Her country fanbase is old news. Once she established herself as a pop star and had to choose which audience to pander to, she wisely chose the wealthier urban gay friendly crowd, not because she shares their values, but because it's a better audience to have. For a long time she was coasting on appealing to both audiences by presenting herself as apolitical as possible. Then when the heat mounted she caved and changed her image to minimize loss. I don't even think she's political, she's far too solipsistic. She just jumps on bandwagons that directly benefit her.

by Anonymousreply 13September 14, 2021 6:35 PM

The "Nazi Barbie" moniker comes from Camille Paglia.

by Anonymousreply 14September 14, 2021 6:36 PM

R14 We know, we just don't care

by Anonymousreply 15September 14, 2021 6:37 PM

I briefly saw a guy who was obsessed with her. I secretly judged him the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 16September 14, 2021 7:08 PM

I agree. She sucks.

by Anonymousreply 17September 14, 2021 7:27 PM

"Taylor Swift is taking back control of her music, Yaas slay kween". She wasn't satisfied with being just a billionaire, she had to be a billionaire many times over. She's just a greedy as any tech guy. IP issues are abound every industry but no one cries blonde woman tears to get sympathy from the public over their greed.

by Anonymousreply 18September 20, 2021 2:06 PM

OP, thank for you submission for the MA in Cultural Studies at Goldsmiths, University of London. We regret that we've moved on from this genre of snark 10 years ago and have nothing to offer you here. We wish you the best in your continuing contributions to Madamenoire and Theblast.

by Anonymousreply 19September 20, 2021 2:16 PM

Who cares? Simple solution. If you don't care for her or her music, don't buy it or don't listen to it. Jeez.

by Anonymousreply 20September 20, 2021 2:21 PM

Is she the one that sings “Oh-oh uh-oh go totally crazy forget I’m a lady”?

Oh, who cares

by Anonymousreply 21September 20, 2021 2:25 PM

I don’t know how anyone can be a fan after she bleated out that awful rendition of “Rhiannon” with Stevie Nicks, who probably considered heading back heavy drugs after having to go through that performance with her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 20, 2021 2:36 PM

What I don’t like about her is her victim hood. She keeps having relationships, then dumps them, and uses it to write a an album. That isn’t a victim, that is the actions of a victimiser.

And, she is another person demanding privacy, even though 99% of her output is built around her “personal” life.

by Anonymousreply 23September 20, 2021 2:46 PM

Not really a fan of her voice... the music she writes is catchy enough and suited to her range. But nazi? *eyeroll* OP is just a misogynist or a trollbot.

by Anonymousreply 24September 20, 2021 2:50 PM

"What I don’t like about her is her victim hood. She keeps having relationships, then dumps them, and uses it to write a an album. That isn’t a victim, that is the actions of a victimiser.

And, she is another person demanding privacy, even though 99% of her output is built around her “personal” life."

Are you kidding me? That's 99% of music out there. If you don't like her and you are certainly free to not that's one thing but there isnt one artist out there that doesnt write about personal break ups. Thats horse shit.

by Anonymousreply 25September 20, 2021 3:37 PM

R25 I don’t mind the music. I mind her acting like her personal life should be “private” when she has used it to build her entire output.

Also, sweetie, learn how the quote function works.

by Anonymousreply 26September 20, 2021 3:44 PM

She is insipid.

by Anonymousreply 27September 20, 2021 4:31 PM

OP focus on things you like.

by Anonymousreply 28September 20, 2021 10:36 PM

I thought she's being very smart/shrewd in handling her career so far. I though her teen followers will out-grow her and move on. But she was able to keep her core fans and added a few more. Who knows, after all is said and done, she might just end up as the most successul female pop star ever.

by Anonymousreply 29September 21, 2021 12:13 AM

You would think for someone who claims to be a feminist that maybe doing a movie with David O Russell of all people is not a good look.

by Anonymousreply 30September 28, 2021 6:41 AM

If you would have said, in 2008, that Taylor would be a more successful pop star than Beyonce, Rihanna, Gaga and Adele I would have laughed in your face.

I mean, those four are all super huge, but Taylor, somehow, is bigger. Makes no sense.

I don't think she's untalented. I just think she's so boring.

by Anonymousreply 31September 28, 2021 6:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!