Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dumb antics of news reporters out in the field

Galvestion, TX - female reporting outside while Hurricane Nicholas made landfall. Bent over trying to shield her face and mic away from the roaring wind and rain to prove how bad it was. I was kind of hoping she'd get blown away mid sentence. These stunts are just idiotic.

by Anonymousreply 3September 14, 2021 5:25 PM

Its funny to see reporters in any and every kind of storm and then question why the average citizen would venture out in it like they are some kind of expert.

by Anonymousreply 1September 14, 2021 4:38 PM

My favs are when the reporter is making exaggerated attempts at staying upright in the face of whatever event while people in the background are seen conducting themselves as usual.

by Anonymousreply 2September 14, 2021 4:58 PM

I can't find clips of it now but years ago during some hurricane Shepard Smith had his little on-scene reporter man do his spot standing in the wind and rain. The guy was wearing those old work out pants that snapped up the sides. At one point the wind knocked him over and then dragged him in circles on the ground and the pants were ripped open. Shepard kindly went to commercial.

by Anonymousreply 3September 14, 2021 5:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!