Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What Is. a Death Cult?

I keep heating death cult used again & again about the GOP. But I can’t find a good definition. Do death cult members know they’re in a death cult? Did Jim Jones followers follow him to Ventral America so they coukd to die in the jungle? Or did they follow him to start a new life and thought the talk of suicide was bullshit, but necessary to keep people working?

Did Heaven’s Gate people know they were moving towards suicide before they heard of the comet Hale Bopp? Most death cults number in a few dozen people, or a few hundred. Is GOP death cult the first one to be half the population of a large country that didn’t involve religion? I mean, Trump followers are Catholic, Jewish, evangelical, mainline Protestant, Hindu, Muslim (yes there are Muslim Trumpers), so it’s not as if one specific religion identifies Trump as their religious leader. But they’re willing to die for him. They don’t think that’s weird, because the christian ones would die for Jesus, the Jewish ones would die for Israel, the Muslims would die for Allah. It’s not just Trump they’d die for. And they’d die for “real america” whatever that is.

by Anonymousreply 15September 14, 2021 5:26 PM

Death cult:

A religious group that glorifies death and/or requires demonstrations of faith involving the risk of death.

by Anonymousreply 1September 14, 2021 3:09 PM

You're thinking about this too much. It's an almost religious belief in something that can very likely end in your death - in this case, the GOP and the anti-mask and anti-vaccine bullshit. No amount of science or data will convince them otherwise - that's the cult part.

by Anonymousreply 2September 14, 2021 3:09 PM

The People's Temple members genuinely believed they were going to live in some jungle utopia. The Manson Family started off, more or less, as a hippie commune to indulge in free love, drugs, and music.

Even they started off with better/more harmless intentions than Trumpsters who were united by mutual hate and embrace disease and insurgency.

by Anonymousreply 3September 14, 2021 3:13 PM

So death is not the ultimate goal of members of a death cult, but it is often the result of being a death cult?

by Anonymousreply 4September 14, 2021 3:14 PM

OP, why are you asking these questions here?

by Anonymousreply 5September 14, 2021 4:17 PM

[quote]I keep heating death cult used again & again

Therein lies your problem. They are much better served frozen. Heating, much less re-heating again and again totally destroys the flavor.

by Anonymousreply 6September 14, 2021 4:18 PM

I NEVER heat a death cult over and over.

It dries out and is well past being juicy at that point.

by Anonymousreply 7September 14, 2021 4:24 PM

I heated a death cult once and we blasted off to space!

by Anonymousreply 8September 14, 2021 4:29 PM

So will the people who died of covid after there was a vaccine become Trumpian saints?

Because Trump didn’t die for Trump. He didn’t die for his or for anyone else’s sins.

by Anonymousreply 9September 14, 2021 4:39 PM

Go read some of the antivaxxer/COVID denier obituaries, OP.

"_____ has gained their Heavenly Reward..."

"______ was welcomed by his Savior into Eternal Rest..."

Etcetera.

They want to die so they can get their "Eternal Reward" for being "good Christians" and not be fat, unhappy and stuck with liberals, blacks and browns here on Earth anymore. They're happy to die quicker and get to their idea of Heaven sooner. And if they get to take out some liberals, some coloreds or some gays along the way? Even better! So, yes, OP, that would describe a Death Cult.

by Anonymousreply 10September 14, 2021 4:44 PM

R7, I heat mine when I'm in OP's Ventral America.

by Anonymousreply 11September 14, 2021 4:44 PM

[quote] "_____ has gained their Heavenly Reward..."

[quote] "______ was welcomed by his Savior into Eternal Rest..."

Fucking pissed me off when my mother’s obituary was in the local FL newspaper, saying my mother went to be with her lord. Funeral director said he’d take care of obituary, just give him her relatives names. They gave us the cheapest death cards ever. No lamination…worse than playing cards. Practically a store receipt with Jesus’ picture on it, exposing his heart (ugh, but it was one of my mother’s fave rave pics)

by Anonymousreply 12September 14, 2021 4:54 PM

"Death cult:

A religious group that glorifies death and/or requires demonstrations of faith involving the risk of death."

Otherwise know as the Republican Party

by Anonymousreply 13September 14, 2021 5:07 PM

Death Cult = The GOP.

by Anonymousreply 14September 14, 2021 5:22 PM

But a lot of them think covid is a hoax. So they don’t know they’re in a death cult. They’re shocked when they get it and can’t believe they’re dying.

by Anonymousreply 15September 14, 2021 5:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!