Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Was Rosie sexy in "Exit To Eden"?

Vote now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46September 17, 2021 8:00 PM

You're a retard.

by Anonymousreply 1September 14, 2021 2:26 AM

Loved that movie.

by Anonymousreply 2September 14, 2021 2:27 AM

It is a horrid move, neither humorous nor dramatic, but with excellent views of then-hot Paul Mercurio's ass.

by Anonymousreply 3September 14, 2021 3:41 AM

She looks good there lol.

by Anonymousreply 4September 14, 2021 3:55 AM

What a hot bitch.

by Anonymousreply 5September 14, 2021 4:00 AM

Let's just say, she looks a damn sight better in this get up than her old mate Madge.

by Anonymousreply 6September 14, 2021 4:08 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 14, 2021 4:38 AM

I heard her say in a podcast that she wishes she could give everyone who saw it their money back.

by Anonymousreply 8September 14, 2021 4:40 AM

She has the body of James Corden and the hair of a 1970s Librarian.

by Anonymousreply 9September 14, 2021 4:51 AM

I was really taken aback--is she supposed to be sexy? It's like Ellen in a dress.

by Anonymousreply 10September 14, 2021 4:52 AM

She also said she's never been thinner as an adult than she was in that movie because she knew she was going to have to wear that S&M gear.

It really is a terrible movie. The only reason to see it is Paul Mercurio tied up and bare-assed.

by Anonymousreply 11September 14, 2021 4:54 AM

[quote] The only reason to see it is Paul Mercurio tied up and bare-assed.

Does Rosie spank his bare ass?

by Anonymousreply 12September 14, 2021 4:57 AM

r12: No, but Dana Delany does.

by Anonymousreply 13September 14, 2021 5:02 AM

I always doubted Rosie's joke about how Sharon Stone turned the role down. She said it was something like (I forget who she'd use but put a hunky male actor like Robert Redford in here) turned it down so let's get Gilligan.

I'm pretty sure Sharon Stone turned down the Dana Delaney part.

Delaney had an odd career. She was a respected actress but seemed to want to be seen as slutty. She did this film and on talk shows she'd always be kind of coarse.

by Anonymousreply 14September 14, 2021 5:19 AM

Rosie was living her best life here!

by Anonymousreply 15September 14, 2021 5:22 AM

R3 yes yes yes, I rented that shit so often from blockbuster when I was a kid for those cheeks!

by Anonymousreply 16September 14, 2021 5:50 AM

What’s a Blockbuster video? Is that like a hot movie but released on Netflix?

by Anonymousreply 17September 14, 2021 5:52 AM

The saddest thing about that movie— which was TERRIBLE—was seeing the only recently thoroughly devastating star of the very well-regarded Strictly Ballroom, Paul Mercurio, had gained just enough poundage that he was devastating no more, despite his very skimpy costumes—mostly speedos, iirc. In SB he is really a dreamboat in a role that fully supported his dreaminess. It’s kind of a Cinderella story. Sweet.

by Anonymousreply 18September 14, 2021 6:04 AM

My dad had a huge rush on Rosie, he had that movie on DVD, which I'm sure he wore out, he also had a Rosie poster in his room.

by Anonymousreply 19September 14, 2021 6:12 AM

Is your dad a lesbian R19?

by Anonymousreply 20September 14, 2021 6:16 AM

She looks a little bit like Emeril Lagasse in dominatrix drag.

by Anonymousreply 21September 14, 2021 6:17 AM

Rosie was the homecoming queen in high school.

I guess she was really popular? In my school it was more of a beauty pageant type vote.

by Anonymousreply 22September 14, 2021 6:18 AM

Did your Dad have this in his room too?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 14, 2021 6:35 AM

She must have been really desperate for money to do that movie.

by Anonymousreply 24September 14, 2021 6:37 AM

I don't think so r24. She was working pretty steadily at that point. The Flintstones was the same year and that must have payed well. I'd guess she did it because she was such a Anne Rice fan.

by Anonymousreply 25September 14, 2021 6:45 AM

Dana, you lucky bitch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 14, 2021 2:04 PM

I'd like to see her tie Tom Selleck up and whip the shit out of him.

by Anonymousreply 27September 15, 2021 4:21 AM

I thought the movie was fun! And I agree, Paul's ass was amazing.

I just Googled to see what he looks like now - I advise against it!

by Anonymousreply 28September 15, 2021 4:28 AM

r28, he's missing half his teeth...sad.

by Anonymousreply 29September 15, 2021 4:40 AM

[quote]I just Googled to see what he looks like now - I advise against it!

Oh dear. Aging is a bitch. Mercurio now looks like any random chubby middle-aged schmuck.

by Anonymousreply 30September 15, 2021 6:01 AM

He did have the sort of body where you know if he skipped a single workout he'd turn into Grimace. But damn the scenes of him tied up with his muscular back and ass on prominent display were 🥵

by Anonymousreply 31September 15, 2021 6:22 PM

I'm not opposed to a remake of this lol

by Anonymousreply 32September 16, 2021 8:27 AM

What was the book like? Weren't they all erotica? Did they have the comic characters that Rosie and Ackroyd played.

(that movie was so female centered. As if Dana Delaney teasing and taunting him would turn a man on. To quote Sheena Easton most men would just want to get to ramming.)

by Anonymousreply 33September 17, 2021 4:25 AM

R33 you sound really... narrow-minded in your view of sexual fetishes. Just because something doesn't turn you on, doesn't mean that others don't find it thrilling. Edging, domination, teasing and taunting will get many people going.

by Anonymousreply 34September 17, 2021 4:31 AM

are you a man r34?

by Anonymousreply 35September 17, 2021 4:31 AM

[quote]What was the book like? Weren't they all erotica?

Written by Anne Rice, under the name of Ann Rampling. She was the queen of erotica for a minute, r33

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 17, 2021 6:02 AM

I worked in a bookstore once and I can remember awkward women buying the Ann Rampling books and looking embarrassed like when us gays had to buy Playgirl.

by Anonymousreply 37September 17, 2021 6:15 AM

Before "Exit to Eden" Rice published her erotic "Sleeping Beauty" trilogy under the pseudonym A. N. Roquelaure. The "Sleeping Beauty" novels were among the 100 "most challenged" books in American public libraries during the 1990s. They have never been adapted to film, with or without Rosie in a bustier.

by Anonymousreply 38September 17, 2021 6:25 AM

[quote] Was Rosie sexy in "Exit To Eden"?

Why now that you ask, [italic]YES!!![/italic]

by Anonymousreply 39September 17, 2021 6:38 AM

Dana is one of these odd actresses who has always looked better in person. She's very attractive on film, but no big deal. I met her once in the late 80s, then again about 15 years later. In person, both times, she was a knockout!

by Anonymousreply 40September 17, 2021 6:43 AM

[quote]Suddenly, he lunged at me as if he’d go over my head, and I spun around sharply to the right just in time to see him land in the dust clumsily. But the secret was to mount him now, without a second’s hesitation, and I sprang at him before he could recover, making in effect a complete circle from the time he had rushed for me. I got on top of him, and locked my left arm around his throat, reinforcing it with my right. But it was madness trying to hang on, his body slipping and sliding under me as he bucked in fury, his greased fingers scratching uselessly at my hands. I could hear him snarling.

[quote] But he wasn’t getting away, not from me. It was the gutter fights I’d never had, the alley rapes I’d never committed, nor ever even truly imagined. And he had it coming, the son of a bitch, he would have done it to me. It was divine. I humped him as if I were already in, clamping down on him like a vise. It was working. He couldn’t throw me off and he was weakening. His fingers slipped as they grasped at my arms, and my hands. The crowd was roaring. I rammed him hard. He shook his head savagely and tried to roll over, but I was too heavy for him, too mad and determined for him, and I was in. I had him, and I had both arms around his neck again, and he didn’t have a chance now.

[quote]The crowd broke its counting—110, 111—to scream and applaud. And his frantic bucking only made it better, the friction gorgeous as he tried to get free. I came, spewing into the heat inside him, shoving his head down in the dirt.

by Anonymousreply 41September 17, 2021 7:50 AM

R35 are you straight man?? Dana isn't Quasimodo lol

by Anonymousreply 42September 17, 2021 10:00 AM

Yep, r35 is narrow-minded.

by Anonymousreply 43September 17, 2021 10:28 AM

Always wondered what dirt Rosie had on someone to get Exit and the Flintstones.

by Anonymousreply 44September 17, 2021 10:45 AM

She was actually quite a funny comic actress.

by Anonymousreply 45September 17, 2021 10:49 AM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 46September 17, 2021 8:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!