Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Your Worst Health Crisis

What has it been? It doesn’t strictly have to be physical.

by Anonymousreply 13September 14, 2021 12:29 AM

Is very private question but I will say some dog do not like the poosey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 13, 2021 11:31 PM

Definitely mental.

1. A day-long, debilitating panic attack that you DL girls helped me get through 💋

2. Attempting suicide and failing. The mental breakdown around that time was monumental

by Anonymousreply 2September 13, 2021 11:32 PM

detached retinas at 21 lot one eye.

by Anonymousreply 3September 13, 2021 11:37 PM

^^^Lost

by Anonymousreply 4September 13, 2021 11:37 PM

Kidney stones. It was like trying to pass a Subaru.

by Anonymousreply 5September 13, 2021 11:40 PM

Covid. February 2020. I started having diarrhea at work. When I got home I was feeding the cats and thought omg, I'm going to throw-up. 7 or 8 heaves of greenis-brown puke. I decided to go right to bed but the diarrhea came back. Then I passed-out for a minute on the toilet.

When I came to, I grabbed a plastic trash can, a roll of paper towels and a glass of water and repaired to the bedroom. For the next 3 days I was in and out of consciousness. I couldn't keep anything down, and could only lay in one certain position or I'd puke. Hallucinations, chills, achy torso, extreme fatigue, chills, dizziness, headache, sweats... and I had to pack my underwear with paper towels or I would have messed the bed.

Somehow I survived alone. No one was really talking about my symptoms until a few months later. It was always 'respiratory distress', which I didn't have.

When the vaccine became available I was first in line.

by Anonymousreply 6September 13, 2021 11:49 PM

Endocarditis from heroin addiction. I could have and should have died. After that it took about 2 more years for me to pull myself together but I did. Been off all drugs for 10 years now.

by Anonymousreply 7September 13, 2021 11:58 PM

I had a mini stroke 9 years ago. I was sitting at my computer, and all of a sudden felt like my arms were floating. Then half of my face collapsed. I knew something was really wrong. I stood up and went into the living room where my partner was. I was trying to tell him something was wrong, but the words came out like jibberish. He had a look of panic on his face. It didn't last long, but was taken to the emergency room and while waiting on tests it happened again. Stayed in the hospital overnight. I am ok, Luckily it has not happened since.

by Anonymousreply 8September 14, 2021 12:01 AM

I got hit by a car when I was a teenager. I remember very little after seeing the headlighs getting closer and realising it was going to hit me. Apparently the impact sent me flying over a couple of lanes of traffic. I lost consciousness immediately, and learned later that some onlookers thought I was dead because someone covered my head to shelter me from torrential rain.

I woke up in hospital, being cut out of my clothes, with most of my face cut or grazed. I had a broken arm and broken ribs, but was really lucky not to be more severely injured. I was sent home after a few days, but then was readmitted to hospital with concussion. For almost two weeks, I was simply dazed and remote from the world. I kept falling asleep and laughed hysterically for no reason. I had al sorts of tests in hospital, but no reason was found for the weird behaviour other than concusssion, so I was just kept under observation until it faded away.

by Anonymousreply 9September 14, 2021 12:07 AM

Urinary Bladder Infection. I was painfully pissing red urine mixed with blood and chunks of tissues from the bladder.

by Anonymousreply 10September 14, 2021 12:11 AM

Viral pharyngitis with a fever of 107 put me in the hospital for a night. I was completely delusional, sobbing, couldn’t tell where I was. Literally had no idea I was in my own apartment when I called my father to come rescue me. I just kept crying and saying I didn’t know where I was. This was 30 years ago

And I survived non-COVID pneumonia a week ago.

by Anonymousreply 11September 14, 2021 12:22 AM

Debilitated depression.

by Anonymousreply 12September 14, 2021 12:24 AM

Had a psychotic episode in my 20s and was deposited in a psychiatric ward when my family called the cops on me after I told them I was walking to San Diego (I lived 500 miles away). The cop who stopped me on the sidewalk on my journey and convinced me to get in his car was very nice. He drove me to the hospital after a pleasant conversation when I asked him what sign he was (pisces). I was certifiably psychotic and they gave me drugs and I recovered. My diagnosis was atypical psychosis. The staff was shitty. They treated us like losers and creeps. I swore when I got out I would help these incarcerated people but I never did.

by Anonymousreply 13September 14, 2021 12:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!