Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Robo Call and Spam Text Blockers — Anyone Pay to Use Them

I’m tired of all the spam texts and robo calls.

Any experiences using Robokiller or Nomorobo? (I found an article that said the former is better, but who knows.)

by Anonymousreply 13September 14, 2021 6:24 PM

Most phones these days have spam or call blocking features. Mine blocks a thousand numbers before you have to reset it back to zero.

by Anonymousreply 1September 13, 2021 10:57 PM

I have the paid blocker from AT&T (the irony) and it barely does anything. Perhaps those others are better.

by Anonymousreply 2September 13, 2021 10:59 PM

Just switch to the latest Google Pixel phone. It comes baked in with it, and anything that might happen to slip by you can easily screen the call with an automated message. Works like a charm.

by Anonymousreply 3September 13, 2021 10:59 PM

^ I forgot to add, buy it directly from Google, not your carrier. You'll get all the latest updates for Android immediately.

by Anonymousreply 4September 13, 2021 11:02 PM

I pay 2.99/mo.for Hiya, a spam blocking app. It's not perfect but better than the built-in one from Verizon.

by Anonymousreply 5September 13, 2021 11:04 PM

There is supposed to be a federal mandate that went into effect this year. SHAKEN or STIRRED or SPOONED or something, that will eliminate them.

by Anonymousreply 6September 13, 2021 11:04 PM

I now get texts that say: AT&T Free Message: Thank you for paying your bill. We’d like to send you a gift as a reward [insert link to download malware].

I need this shit to stop!

by Anonymousreply 7September 13, 2021 11:29 PM

R2, same, hell I think my most recent spam text came from "AT&T" themselves informing me that I came in "second place for the free iPad drawing."

by Anonymousreply 8September 13, 2021 11:34 PM

R7 I just started getting those damn things in the last few days - I must have gotten a dozen in the last couple of days

by Anonymousreply 9September 13, 2021 11:40 PM

I want to get hard with you calls

by Anonymousreply 10September 14, 2021 6:51 AM

All sex uis about

by Anonymousreply 11September 14, 2021 6:52 AM

What?! I was in the Robocall thread!

by Anonymousreply 12September 14, 2021 6:17 PM

Somehow my post ended up in a Joe Covid Rogan thread. Anyway, here goes3

AT&T fucking sucks. I had been with t-mobile for fifteen years. AT&T had a plan where you get an iPhone 12 Pro Max when you switch to their plan. I needed a new phone, and I didn't think there would be much difference in their service, so I switched.

Now I have a phone that has 5G capability but the speed is SO slow, I'll never even know what that means. It hasn't been this slow since 2010. FML.

Not a fan of AT&T.

—Anonymous

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 14, 2021 6:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!