Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

This world is boring..

The same shit over and over and over again.

I’m just tired of hearing and seeing the same shit about life repeatedly.. it’s boring.

And I’m old enough to have experienced a lot in this world so you can’t say I haven’t lived. I most certainly have. Again this place is boring.

The same tired ass people day after day.

Liked if I could inhabit another world where it’s way better than this then I’d hop on the first flight out of here for sure.

Does anyone else feel like this world is not the best thing since being alive?

Just some food for thought to you beautiful people out there .

by Anonymousreply 72July 2, 2022 12:34 AM

Learn a new language, OP.

It's like reentering the world for the first time again.

by Anonymousreply 1September 13, 2021 4:38 PM

Go to the light, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2September 13, 2021 4:39 PM

👋 👋 👋

by Anonymousreply 3September 13, 2021 4:48 PM

You do have options - 1) deal with it, 2) check out or 3) find a new world where you can be in charge and set a non boring agenda.

by Anonymousreply 4September 13, 2021 4:53 PM

OP, you need to change your life. Drastically. I suggest looking at places abroad where you can build a whole new life. DL can help you, if you so decide.

by Anonymousreply 5September 13, 2021 4:55 PM

Please describe your stuff.

by Anonymousreply 6September 13, 2021 4:57 PM

How do people live so long? 87, 96, 102... jfc how much is enough?

by Anonymousreply 7September 13, 2021 5:00 PM

Go move to another country. Or an Indian reservation. You need something new in your life.

by Anonymousreply 8September 13, 2021 5:03 PM

I wish the world WAS boring.

by Anonymousreply 9September 13, 2021 5:08 PM

Take up quilting.

by Anonymousreply 10September 13, 2021 5:09 PM

Is OP the ghost of John Berryman?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 13, 2021 5:14 PM

OP what kind of climate do you like?

by Anonymousreply 12September 13, 2021 5:19 PM

can I have your stuff......???

by Anonymousreply 13September 13, 2021 5:19 PM

Can people just move to Indian Reservations? I mean, it seems kind of rude having stolen the rest of the land to just move your white ass onto the reservation.

by Anonymousreply 14September 13, 2021 5:19 PM

Travel OP. Take out a loan.

by Anonymousreply 15September 13, 2021 5:20 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^no they most certainly cant (without marrying someone from the res)^^^^^^^^^^^^

by Anonymousreply 16September 13, 2021 5:21 PM

R16 - not everyone on the reservations is purely Native American. Many are 1/4 and live there. So an Apache girl I worked with told me.

by Anonymousreply 17September 13, 2021 5:27 PM

Apache girls are founts of knowledge ...........

by Anonymousreply 18September 13, 2021 5:32 PM

There are new things and old things you can find that might entertain you. I decided in the spring that I had to stop thinking about "the world" so much (too much, tbh). I'm immersing myself in some local stuff, including volunteering and working at some local history sites. It's why I moved to this area two years ago. Also a great music scene. Then the pandemic, social uprisings, 1/6 etc happened. I got too wrapped in all of it. Now that the town I moved to two years ago is starting to open back up & have some activity, I'm loving it. People are socially responsible here so the COVID "battles" aka disinformation has largely stayed out of our town. There are a lot of outdoor events here anyway (concerts & plays outside, "plein aire" painting days as an outdoor event). Other fun things. I still understand that the earth is pretty much toast, this country is a failed experiment, and we're being constantly observed and manipulated by the capitalist oligarchs, but I just can't fucking think about it AS much. No, this isn't some "woke backlash" comment. One thing I learned a long time ago in social justice movements is you have to REST your mind or you will burn yourself out. Then you're not able to fight at all.

by Anonymousreply 19September 13, 2021 5:36 PM

R18 - she wasn't but her dad was half white and on the reservation. So...

by Anonymousreply 20September 13, 2021 5:40 PM

Solution:

1) Become a news junkie, I've been one since I'm 14. There's AWAYS something new going on somewhere.

2) Consider medicating yourself with drugs and/or drink.

by Anonymousreply 21September 13, 2021 5:43 PM

R19 something tells me OP isn’t going to be volunteering

by Anonymousreply 22September 13, 2021 5:47 PM

You are most likely uneducated and have no imagination. Educated does not mean the same thing as trained.

by Anonymousreply 23September 13, 2021 5:49 PM

Yeah, guess what OP? A twink at work had that attitude, then COVID hit and his hours were cut so he went back to his family's village. Now he lives rent and board free but the catch is he has to mind his sister's 2 and 4 year olds. Says he wishes he had time to be bored. Two weeks in Ibiza wasn't really the compensation prize he thought. So go and volunteer to watch some 2-4 year-olds...you will lose weight and NEVER be bored again.

by Anonymousreply 24September 13, 2021 5:51 PM

R19, a lecture without paragraphs will not be read.

R19, a lecture of that sort - obvious - will not be read.

R19, a lecture like that of a tenth grade teacher, will not be read.

by Anonymousreply 25September 13, 2021 5:54 PM

To the one that said I was uneducated I’m very highly educated with a master’s in psychology so I’m very knowledgable with the ways of this world and it’s cultures. Try again please.

It’s just this world has always been an endless cycle of repetition that seems grating is all.

I know it won’t change but voicing it sometimes helps.

Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 26September 13, 2021 6:17 PM

You are depressed. Get some therapy and probably medication. Things are very difficult now, but resilience is necessary for survival.

by Anonymousreply 27September 13, 2021 6:21 PM

R26, formal education is not the same as being "educated." Educated means sophisticated. No Master's degree will make one knowledgeable to "the ways of the world and its culture." Try again.

by Anonymousreply 28September 13, 2021 6:22 PM

OP is an energy vampire.

by Anonymousreply 29September 13, 2021 6:23 PM

I'm sure.you've heard this before: If you're bored, you're boring.

by Anonymousreply 30September 13, 2021 6:28 PM

My neighbor explains how she and her husband have a happy 34 year marriage this way - "We're both boring."

by Anonymousreply 31September 13, 2021 6:48 PM

The world isn't boring, OP. You are.

by Anonymousreply 32September 13, 2021 7:06 PM

R26 you sound like you are going through menopause. This is how my sister harasses me with the boring routine since she's started and how my roommate says "everything feels duller now". Are your hormones ok? I seriously think men go through some mid-life shit that is the same...

by Anonymousreply 33September 13, 2021 7:08 PM

Agreed, OP

by Anonymousreply 34September 13, 2021 7:11 PM

R26 "and it’s cultures"

Oh, dear

by Anonymousreply 35September 13, 2021 7:12 PM

Life is Life. It is fairly routine, learn to be content with that you have. Friendships are important, laughs are important.

by Anonymousreply 36September 13, 2021 7:16 PM

OP Stop whining. Being bored is for the faint-of-heart, for the dull and unimaginative. What would shake up your life? Go to that place.

"Life is a banquet" ... etc.

by Anonymousreply 37September 13, 2021 7:17 PM

Is OP a teenager? Sounds like one.

by Anonymousreply 38September 13, 2021 7:52 PM

You can't find anything in this entire world that isn't boring? You're boring. I don't know whether you need a shrink or a swift kick in the ass but what you have here is a failure of your own mind.

I've never been particularly thrilled with life but I am never bored. There is always something to read, something new to try, somewhere interesting to go. If you really can't be bothered anymore, time to check out.

by Anonymousreply 39September 13, 2021 8:08 PM

Don't kid yourselves, the OP is almost certainly a teenager fucking around.

by Anonymousreply 40September 13, 2021 8:50 PM

R40, you copied by post

by Anonymousreply 41September 13, 2021 9:54 PM

Sorry, R38, he who says it last says it best ;)

by Anonymousreply 42September 13, 2021 9:59 PM

Covid was new, that was a lot of fun.

by Anonymousreply 43September 14, 2021 12:17 AM

OP, didn't realise the World was here to entertain you. Contribute instead and you'll feel much better about yourself and your surroundings.

by Anonymousreply 44September 14, 2021 12:24 AM

I feel this way ONLY because of Covid.

I remind myself everyday of the normal life I had before this shit--and I also remind myself who is responsible for filling our ICU beds and making normal life impossible.

Trump and his band of retarded shitheads.

by Anonymousreply 45September 14, 2021 12:25 AM

I’m in need of a break in routine too. Every day, people at my office do dumb shit. The girl at the desk next to me does nothing but eat and talk about movies all day. One the other side of me is a loud moron who overreacts to everything . 25+ years in this profession and I’m about to get out. That keeps me going.

So do little weekend trips.

It’s not much. Maybe we are depressed. But do what you can.

by Anonymousreply 46September 14, 2021 12:35 AM

Volunteer with Habitat for Humanity or something like that. Or sell all your stuff and move somewhere really different than where you're living now.

by Anonymousreply 47September 14, 2021 5:20 AM

Only boring people are bored.

by Anonymousreply 48September 14, 2021 5:23 AM

Humans are carbon-based mammals, so all we do in life is to care for and maintain our bodies so that we can sustain our brains and consciousness. That’s it. That is all there is or ever will be. So being bored is logical enough.

by Anonymousreply 49September 14, 2021 8:30 AM

This thread is boring.

by Anonymousreply 50September 14, 2021 11:32 AM

“The world is boring.”

No darling, you’re boring. The world is amazing, beautiful, and full of possibilities. I watch the sunset every single evening. It’s never the same. It’s ok to be boring, as you are. It takes all types in this world. But don’t tell me the world is boring, because it’s simply not true.

by Anonymousreply 51September 14, 2021 11:38 AM

Become a top.

by Anonymousreply 52September 14, 2021 11:49 AM

Stop responding to the OP — He is one of those nellies who will only answer sporadically.

by Anonymousreply 53September 14, 2021 11:53 AM

In my best Nina Garcia voice, “You’re boring me, OP!”

by Anonymousreply 54September 14, 2021 12:00 PM

If we are living in the matrix, you might be one of those non-persons who just serves to answer questions. I’m sensing you work in customer service. Might explain all the repetition you feel.

by Anonymousreply 55September 14, 2021 12:04 PM

Volunteer. Rescue a dog. Travel (the museums!!)

by Anonymousreply 56September 14, 2021 12:14 PM

[quote] I watch the sunset every single evening.

Boring!

by Anonymousreply 57September 14, 2021 12:15 PM

[quote] I watch the sunset every single evening.

Not possible for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 58September 14, 2021 12:16 PM

OP, you could run for president again.

by Anonymousreply 59September 14, 2021 12:17 PM

R58 prison?

by Anonymousreply 60September 14, 2021 2:25 PM

Pick out what you like. Even if it's one thing. Concentrate on it. And shut the fuck up. We all have the same problem but we don't qweef it out. Esp. at the breakfast table.

by Anonymousreply 61September 14, 2021 2:28 PM

Poke around and see what's in your vadge.

by Anonymousreply 62September 14, 2021 2:52 PM

[quote]a lecture like that of a tenth grade teacher, will not be read.

Well thank you so much, r25! Although my words were meant to be encouraging, since I've been in a similar situation, you sure read me for filth! Just ironic isn't it, being told I was "lecturing" and being graded on my paragraph structure (yes, it's one paragraph, and it's long). You literally just lectured me like a schoolteacher.

R25, last year we had several threads that started like this, and other Dataloungers were actually really supportive of each other. People found out that others were having the same feelings & struggles, and it made them feel a bit better knowing they were not alone. Were you poking around and making red marks on every error or excessively long paragraph in those threads?

Well anyway.....I hope the OP can find support & maybe some new interest that might perhaps elevate their mood or make them forget about the outside world for a bit.

by Anonymousreply 63September 14, 2021 2:55 PM

Take up painting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64September 14, 2021 2:59 PM

R63 = New to the Datalounge

by Anonymousreply 65September 14, 2021 5:48 PM

[quote]The girl at the desk next to me does nothing but eat and talk about movies all day. One the other side of me is a loud moron who overreacts to everything

R46, The boy at the desk next to me does nothing but talk about his vacations all day - the one he's just been on and the one he's planning. On the other side of me is a loud moron who has to check with his wife before going to the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 66September 14, 2021 5:50 PM

oof lmao R55 really called OP an NPC

by Anonymousreply 67July 1, 2022 11:47 PM

[quote] If you really can't be bothered anymore, time to check out.

Maybe that's me now idk. Almost everything and everyone seems to annoy me, upset me, or bore me. I really don't like anything, except creative writing, or vicariously enjoying parasocial relationships. 'Real' people, places, activities just drive my inner rage and anxiety and disappointment up.

by Anonymousreply 68July 1, 2022 11:49 PM

Next rebirth you get to enjoy it all over again OP Again and again and again

by Anonymousreply 69July 1, 2022 11:52 PM

OP, life often is boring. People can be incredibly boring. But there is no other existence. This is it. If you can’t find something to take you out of your doldrums learn to enjoy routine and predictability. I’ll bet there are very few bored people in Ukraine. My guess is they would welcome a little boredom.

by Anonymousreply 70July 2, 2022 12:20 AM

OP, order up a couple of blatino rent boys to blow out your hole. .

by Anonymousreply 71July 2, 2022 12:22 AM

If you’re bored it means you’re happy OP.

by Anonymousreply 72July 2, 2022 12:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!