Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

California couple dies of Covid, leaving five kids behind. Their newborn is three weeks old.

Davy Macias, 37, was intubated and dying of complications from covid-19 when doctors helped her give birth to her daughter. She would never see her baby.

Her husband, Daniel Macias, 39, would only get a brief glimpse of their child because he, too, was hospitalized after contracting the virus. According to Davy's sister-in-law, Terri Serey, Daniel waited to name the baby girl because he believed he and his wife would walk out of the hospital alive to introduce the newborn to their four other children, the eldest age 7 and the youngest, 2.

But about a week after the baby was born, Davy died. Two weeks later, so did Daniel.

Daniel "was well enough to send me a picture of the baby," Serey told The Washington Post. But "that was the last text I received from him."

Davy and Daniel Macias, of Yucaipa, Calif., are among the 658,000 Americans to have died from covid-19 as the delta variant causes a resurgence of cases and health officials race to immunize a population divided on whether to take the shot. Davy Macias did not get vaccinated because she was pregnant, Serey said. It is unclear if Daniel was vaccinated.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has urged those who are pregnant to take the vaccine, as studies have found that the coronavirus vaccine does not heighten the risk of miscarriages. Rather, research shows that those who are pregnant face a higher risk of severe covid-19 symptoms, preterm births and "other adverse pregnancy outcomes" if they contract the virus, the CDC says.

The deaths of Davy and Daniel Macias echo the story of Lydia and Lawrence Rodriguez, a Texas couple who last month died weeks apart from each other, leaving behind four children. Neither parent was vaccinated; before she died, Lydia Rodriguez asked her family to make sure her children received the vaccine.

The Macias children, who are being cared for by Daniel's parents, have not quite grasped what has happened to their mother and father, Serey said. After Daniel died on Sept. 9, a counselor explained to the two eldest children, 7 and 5, that both of their parents were gone, Serey said. While the oldest child - Daniel and Davy's only son - understood the situation, his younger sister is "still looking for mommy," Serey said. All of the children, Serey has heard from the grandparents, "spend a lot of time at night looking for mom and dad."

In June, Davy and Daniel celebrated 11 years of marriage. Davy was a registered nurse at the labor and delivery ward at Kaiser Permanente Fontana Medical Center, and Daniel was a teacher at Jehue Middle School in San Bernardino County. When asked what the couple enjoyed doing together, Serey had one answer: Their hobby was their kids.

Because Davy often worked nights, she would spend time with her kids during the day, Serey said. Davy's TikTok account is almost entirely dedicated to chronicling life with her children. One video from last year shows her with her four kids, all of them dressed in shark costumes, dancing to Coolio's "Gangsta's Paradise."

In early August, the entire family came down with covid-19, Serey said. While the children recovered relatively quickly, the symptoms only worsened for Davy, who went to the hospital for treatment. Less than a week later, Daniel followed.

Davy was already intubated and had stopped directly communicating with her family by the time her newest daughter was born via Caesarean section on Aug. 18, Serey said. About three days after the baby was born, Daniel was intubated. The husband and wife were only a few rooms apart at the hospital. "He had no idea that she passed away," Serey said.

As news circulated about the couple's deaths, Serey said strangers have reached out to her and her husband - Davy's brother, Vong - to ask whether they should take the vaccine.

"They ask me questions about side effects," Serey said. "It's interesting, because people want somebody to give them the answer."

Her answer? "I don't know anybody that's died from the vaccine, but I do know people who have died from covid."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212September 14, 2021 10:12 PM

Sad. A teacher AND a nurse? They should have known better.

They looked like a cute couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 13, 2021 3:23 PM

Covidinia would be cute!

by Anonymousreply 2September 13, 2021 3:23 PM

Five kids, well at least they won't be dropping anymore crotch fruit.

by Anonymousreply 3September 13, 2021 3:24 PM

I'm sorry, but they had young kids to take care of; and in their given professions, it was completely irresponsible for them not to get vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 4September 13, 2021 3:26 PM

Not funny, R2.

A lack of compassion indicates sociopathic tendencies.

by Anonymousreply 5September 13, 2021 3:26 PM

R5 is right.

Thoughts and Prayers y'all !

by Anonymousreply 6September 13, 2021 3:29 PM

No GoFundMe?

by Anonymousreply 7September 13, 2021 3:34 PM

[quote] A lack of compassion indicates sociopathic tendencies.

MARY

by Anonymousreply 8September 13, 2021 3:37 PM

[quote]Davy Macias did not get vaccinated because she was pregnant, Serey said.

Our Health Department's website is absolutely FLOODED with panicked frauen insisting that 80% of all pregnant women who get the vaccine miscarry, and I'm certain that some pregnant women have been terrified by this enormous wall of misinformation. It's been going on for a few weeks now and it doesn't matter if you call these psychos on their lies, ten more psychos will pop up screaming that the vaccine kills unborn babies.

I actually called the Health Department last week to ask them to please get rid of the misinformation and the lady said, "We can't delete comments" and refused to say another word to me, I don't know what's going on, it's absolute madness.

by Anonymousreply 9September 13, 2021 3:38 PM

Will the children grow up thinking their parents were stupid douchebags or proud of then as martyrs to a noble cause?

by Anonymousreply 10September 13, 2021 3:42 PM

[quote] Our Health Department's website is absolutely FLOODED with panicked frauen insisting that 80% of all pregnant women who get the vaccine miscarry, and I'm certain that some pregnant women have been terrified by this enormous wall of misinformation

I'm a guy, but it must be a much weightier decision when you're a pregnant female.

Your instincts are to protect the baby inside you, and a miscarriage can be really traumatic.

So I don't really blame them for taking every precaution.

At the end of the day, it's a personal decision that every individual has to make. In this case, the gamble didn't pay off.

by Anonymousreply 11September 13, 2021 3:42 PM

She already had 4 kids r11

If this fetus was flushed down the toilet, she and her fat husband could try to generate more crotch fruit.

Instead, they’re are both dead. Leaving 5 orphans. Oopsie.

by Anonymousreply 12September 13, 2021 3:45 PM

[quote] At the end of the day, it's a personal decision that every individual has to make. In this case, the gamble didn't pay off.

It wasn't a fair gamble. It was possibly losing an unborn child versus leaving four small children motherless. That is not a Sophie's Choice.

by Anonymousreply 13September 13, 2021 3:47 PM

[quote] She already had 4 kids

[quote] If this fetus was flushed down the toilet, she and her fat husband could try to generate more crotch fruit

I don't say this very often, but THIS is why they hate us.

by Anonymousreply 14September 13, 2021 3:48 PM

Which is the greater risk? Getting the vaccine or not getting the vaccine?

by Anonymousreply 15September 13, 2021 3:49 PM

I feel like having 3 or more kids is a comorbidity. All these motherfuckers have 3,5 or 7 kids. How could you be so irresponsible. They were probably fundie/Qanon types.

by Anonymousreply 16September 13, 2021 3:50 PM

And what we they thinking have a FIFTH child?

The world is way overpopulation as it is.

Well, there’s a -1 loss in the family unit as a whole now, so I guess that a bright side.

by Anonymousreply 17September 13, 2021 3:51 PM

Well, at least they got to "own the libs" or "stick it to Hillary" or whatever.

I'm sure the kids are fine with that decision.

by Anonymousreply 18September 13, 2021 3:52 PM

[quote] I don't say this very often, but THIS is why they hate us.

MARY

by Anonymousreply 19September 13, 2021 3:52 PM

Too bad getting vaccinated and staying healthy wasn't their hobby...

by Anonymousreply 20September 13, 2021 3:52 PM

[quote]The Macias children, who are being cared for by Daniel's parents, have not quite grasped what has happened to their mother and father, Serey said.

There’s nothing to grasp. The virus is fake.

by Anonymousreply 21September 13, 2021 3:55 PM

The oldest child is 7 and she just gave birth again - so 5 kids in 7 years. She was a baby machine - and yet decided to get pregnant AGAIN during the height of the pandemic (Dec/Jan).

The father had no fucking excuse whatsoever. I could understand the hesistancy when she was pregnant and, by the time we learned it's safe for pregnant women, she was already in her final trimester and didn't want to take a chance. Fine - then fucking wear your masks and be EXTRA careful.

But no - they did neither. Now those 5 kids are traumatized and the oldest ones are now going to feel the need to grow up quickly and become parental figures for their younger siblings - and that's not fucking fair.

by Anonymousreply 22September 13, 2021 3:58 PM

[quote] Not funny, [R2]. A lack of compassion indicates sociopathic tendencies.

Boy, are you ever on the wrong site, newbie.

Blow it out your ass.

by Anonymousreply 23September 13, 2021 3:58 PM

[quote] The Macias children, who are being cared for by Daniel's parents, have not quite grasped what has happened to their mother and father, Serey said.

[quote] There’s nothing to grasp. The virus is fake.

The CHILDREN haven't grasped what happened to their PARENTS, you nasty cunt.

Because they're between 2 and 7 years old.

Boy, some of you rotten fuckers are just pure evil.

Your politics about masking and vaxxing has turned you into hateful animals.

Not that you weren't that way already.

You can't even have compassion for innocent kids who lost their parents.

by Anonymousreply 24September 13, 2021 3:59 PM

Was he pregnant as well?

by Anonymousreply 25September 13, 2021 4:00 PM

R24 stick it up your bleeding axe wound, you self righteous cunt.

by Anonymousreply 26September 13, 2021 4:02 PM

R5 - And a having no sense of humor or for the absurdity of this madness is a sign of low intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 27September 13, 2021 4:04 PM

He was obese so he died. Why did she? Body stressed from pregnancy? What an asshole the dead father was.

by Anonymousreply 28September 13, 2021 4:05 PM

[quote] having no sense of humor or for the absurdity of this madness is a sign of low intelligence

Hey look, fat guy is dead from Covid. So funny!

Pregnant lady dies from Covid while giving birth. So funny!

Five kids under the age of seven lose both their parents to Covid. So funny!

We don't know all the circumstances about how they got Covid, but now that the parents are dead and the kids are orphans, we can all laugh about it. So funny!!!

Yeah.... not really.

by Anonymousreply 29September 13, 2021 4:08 PM

R29 is triggered

by Anonymousreply 30September 13, 2021 4:10 PM

You obviously haven't read the trigger warning on the DL help page. It says

[quote] Trigger warning! TRIGGER MOTHER FUCKING WARNING!

[quote] This site contains all kinds of pointless shit posted by very peculiar people. You will doubtless be offended, perhaps outraged – that is assuming we are doing our job and you have any sense at all. Those delicate souls who worry about being offended should probably not hang around here. Quite honestly, nobody should hang around here - it is a very bad place full of very bad people posting truly awful things.

by Anonymousreply 31September 13, 2021 4:11 PM

[quote] We don't know all the circumstances about how they got Covid, but now that the parents are dead and the kids are orphans, we can all laugh about it. So funny!!!

Uh, yeah we do: they refused to be vaccinated. Not funny, but not grounds for any kind of sympathy, either.

by Anonymousreply 32September 13, 2021 4:11 PM

R29, these antivaxers are a fucking menace. They killed themselves. Would you have sympathy for them if they held hands and jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge? But only after plowing their truck through the pedestrian lane? Because that's pretty much what they did. My patience has run out with broken trash like this clogging up the hospitals, leaving orphans and widows. Giving our health workers, hell, our whole country PTSD.

by Anonymousreply 33September 13, 2021 4:12 PM

R29 - none of that happening to them was our fault.

All of that was their fault.

by Anonymousreply 34September 13, 2021 4:13 PM

[quote] We don't know all the circumstances about how they got Covid

They chose not to get vaccinated. That’s how they got it, retard.

by Anonymousreply 35September 13, 2021 4:25 PM

I feel terrible for the kids, they've lost their parents at a young age and there are so many of them (including a newborn) that no matter who takes care of them, it's going to be massively difficult to raise them. Also, I don't think they have any chance but to grow up either angry at their parents for the rest of their lives, or brainwashed into thinking their parents were victims.

These parents, though, refused to vaccinate even though they were a nurse and a teacher. They got COVID after spending the day at a water park.

I don't personally think it's funny. I think it's tragic that we live in an age of such ignorance, stupidity, stubbornness and selfishness that this happened. Our country is full of tens of millions of these kinds of people. They're killing themselves and others. It's a horror show. If some Dataloungers want to make jokes about it, let them. You've got to do SOMETHING to cope with this kind of stuff, and horror is a perfectly normal and common coping mechanism.

by Anonymousreply 36September 13, 2021 4:26 PM

There is no need for anyone to have FIVE children in the 21st Century.

by Anonymousreply 37September 13, 2021 4:27 PM

R36 - AMEN!

by Anonymousreply 38September 13, 2021 4:27 PM

[quote]I feel like having 3 or more kids is a comorbidity. All these motherfuckers have 3,5 or 7 kids. How could you be so irresponsible. They were probably fundie/Qanon types.

Mexicans

by Anonymousreply 39September 13, 2021 4:28 PM

[quote]Well, at least they got to "own the libs" or "stick it to Hillary" or whatever.

Again, they were Mexican

by Anonymousreply 40September 13, 2021 4:29 PM

How the hell were a teacher and a nurse supporting FIVE kids? Especially in a state as expensive as California?

by Anonymousreply 41September 13, 2021 4:30 PM

I suspect all the hand-wringing concern here is from fraus who have invaded this site and don't get the irreverent, often black humor that is a hallmark of gay men.

by Anonymousreply 42September 13, 2021 4:32 PM

They were FAT.

They were not very bright.

by Anonymousreply 43September 13, 2021 4:32 PM

R22, yep. My dad died when I was five. I never stopped thinking about my mother and how unfair it was and how she had to go through life alone.

She died of COVID related causes last year and I hope they're together now.

by Anonymousreply 44September 13, 2021 4:33 PM

Preach it r33! These unvaccinated assholes are prolonging this misery.

by Anonymousreply 45September 13, 2021 4:33 PM

It will be interesting when science explains why Covid-19 frequently is a death sentence for overweight people.

Aside from getting pissed off at the utter heartbreaking tragedy of 5 kiddos growing up without mommy and daddy, I get frustrated thinking about how we taxpayers are now on the hook supporting these kids. That may sound sociopathic but honestly, how much kowtowing do we have to give these antivaxers while they hurt their loved ones and society?

I hope we hear why two educated people chose not to get the vaccine. Was it their religion? Were they Fox News watchers?

by Anonymousreply 46September 13, 2021 4:34 PM

R39, her brother's name is Vong, so I doubt in her case she was.

by Anonymousreply 47September 13, 2021 4:36 PM

Do you know anyone whose parents committed suicide?

by Anonymousreply 48September 13, 2021 4:43 PM

I really feel that anybody in a high profile position that has been spreading the deadly misinformation should be jailed. My mom is 91 and scared to get the flu shot. Stupid I know. I've tried to get her to get the shot since it was first available with no luck. She's not a Trumper or anything. Just a vulnerable, scared and slightly ignorant old woman that has listened to the lies of a political agenda. I fully expect her to die from this virus.

by Anonymousreply 49September 13, 2021 4:45 PM

Oh R44 that makes me so sad. I am so sad your Mom wasn’t here for the vaccine. I’m in my 60s and I was frantically searching in March where to get a vaccine. And in October I’ll be looking for my flu shot and a Covid-19 booster. We are so lucky to have vaccine now. How people could be convinced otherwise is a testament to nutters gaining various SM and political platforms.

by Anonymousreply 50September 13, 2021 4:46 PM

From their surname I assume the newborn is not blonde?

Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 51September 13, 2021 4:54 PM

Born and raised in SoCal here! The guy is the typical SoCal resident today aka obese. I know it was part of the issues with his covid.

by Anonymousreply 52September 13, 2021 5:02 PM

LOL, Mrs Ramsey

by Anonymousreply 53September 13, 2021 5:02 PM

[quote] No GoFundMe?

Where still proof reading it and looking for the most gut wrenching photos to make sure we score the big bucks. Give us 5 more minutes.

by Anonymousreply 54September 13, 2021 5:09 PM

Won't fucking somebody PLEASE think of the motherfucking CHILDREN???

by Anonymousreply 55September 13, 2021 5:26 PM

At least now their kids might not be raised by fucking idiots.

by Anonymousreply 56September 13, 2021 5:29 PM

[quote]That may sound sociopathic but honestly, how much kowtowing do we have to give these antivaxers while they hurt their loved ones and society?

We should be able to take care of people who need help. These idiot anti vaxxers need help. They're dumb or they're mentally ill or they're brainwashed. Like that Q loon Veronica Wolski, she used to hang banners with Q and anti-vax conspiracies and post crazy videos and go into stores with a Zorro mask and hat on and harass the employees, and she died today of COVID, and everyone is unsympathetic, but that woman was SICK. She was profoundly mentally ill. We let her harass people and give people COVID and tell people dangerous lies, then we let her die.

I don't have any problem taking care of this couples' kids. I honestly wish we could have taken care of the adults, too. But too many adults are too far gone and we can't do anything. They wouldn't let the government give them a shot, they sure as hell wouldn't let the government help them in any other way. So what happens? We just let them spread COVID to their patients and students, to people at a water park, then we put them in a hospital for a few weeks and let them die. That's the best we can do.

It's horrifying. I don't know how anyone can stand knowing this is going on.

by Anonymousreply 57September 13, 2021 5:39 PM

Look, if dumb asses want to kill them selves, I will not stand in their way.

In a way you could say the vaccinated are the new Chosen People.

by Anonymousreply 58September 13, 2021 5:41 PM

When did this antivaccine movement shit start?

by Anonymousreply 59September 13, 2021 5:42 PM

Five kids, gross.

by Anonymousreply 60September 13, 2021 5:45 PM

An Asian wife....and 5 kids. What a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 61September 13, 2021 5:47 PM

It's been around forever, r59. England started it with their hissy fits about compulsory smallpox vaccinations.

The modern anti-vax movement really begins with noted British fraud and jackass Andrew Wakefield.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62September 13, 2021 5:53 PM

Sorry. We tried.

by Anonymousreply 63September 13, 2021 5:54 PM

You people are disgusting.

So much hate in this thread. It really makes me sick.

When did human beings become so vile?

This is a new low for Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 64September 13, 2021 6:01 PM

And those kids might end up getting split up. Even for family, taking on five young kids is a lot. I wonder how much social security pays out per month for each child. Imagine how much extra money SS now has to pay all of the under 18s who lost parents from Covid. Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 65September 13, 2021 6:14 PM

It seems like the more this goes on, the stories become more and more heartbreaking than the last ones. An infant barely held and loved by its mom, with a husband that didn't even have enough in him to realize his wife was dead.

Damn straight I'm angry and frustrated, but I'll never celebrate the stories like this one. I just spoke with a young mother who is afraid of the vaccine because of previous experiences. Another young woman almost lost her husband recently and still she's dragging her feet. They're more worried about side effects a decade from now, or having future kids (paranoid about infertility), they're completely forgetting they have a life to live right now. They're forgetting how easy that possible future can be eliminated overnight. They're forgetting the kids they already have that need their parents alive, instead of worrying about having more babies.

And these aren't all Trump loving antivaxxers. They're young liberals, in blue areas. I just read that we still have 60% of teens haven't been vaccinated, and that can't be all because of Republican families. It's going to look much worse with 5-11 yr olds. Teens now account for 15% of new cases!

Idk what you can say at this point to convince them, when orphaned children and sick teens won't make them budge. They really are that afraid of it.

by Anonymousreply 66September 13, 2021 6:18 PM

R64, these people fucked around and found out and left their brood orphans. They literally did this to themselves, but probably not without infecting a shitload of other people.

by Anonymousreply 67September 13, 2021 6:19 PM

R65 I'd love to take in children actually. I can't have my own. Unfortunately, watch a lot of them end up with shitty relatives, with shitty fosters, or collected by wealthy fundy republicans that already have half a dozen kids 🙄 From the way they've been talking about abortion, I can tell they can't wait to indoctrinate more little ones. Maybe that's why they aren't concerned about killing parents off.

by Anonymousreply 68September 13, 2021 6:23 PM

R66, it’s the result of decades of anti-vaccine propaganda, not just Trump. All of the people behind that, the “vaccines cause autism” types, have a lot to answer for.

by Anonymousreply 69September 13, 2021 6:24 PM

R64 - I don't see hatred - I see people discussing their stupidity. Meanwhile, you're screeching and going on - but you will do nothing to help them.

We now have 5 orphans that we have to pay for through social security and no matter what, these kids are going to have a lot of problems and could potentially be a drain on our society in the future.

All because they wanted ANOTHER kid, refused the shot (both), and had to go to a waterpark.

There are tragedies and there are PREVENTABLE tragedies due to stupidity. This is the latter - and everyone hates to read about them. It's not hate. Pull yourself together.

by Anonymousreply 70September 13, 2021 6:24 PM

A teacher and a nurse in California would make a good income.

But I'll never understand wanting 5 children. Except she worked in labor/delivery as a nurse - maybe she had some kind of fetish about babies.

by Anonymousreply 71September 13, 2021 6:26 PM

[quote] This is a new low for Datalounge.

Not even close. Datalounge has always been an outlet for some very vile people.

by Anonymousreply 72September 13, 2021 6:26 PM

R69 absolutely. We should be holding these charlatans responsible. I don't think people understand how wide spread this sentiment is. It's not just crazy Republicans anymore, it's the hippy (liberal) naturalists as well. Both are convinced modern medicine is something to fear.

by Anonymousreply 73September 13, 2021 6:28 PM

This is from the Mom's facebook - they don't appear to be Trumpsters or anything - but how obtuse can you be? She posted this January 17, 2021.

"REFLECTION TIME: I’ve been an OB RN for 11 years. This month I’ve floated almost every shift to a COVID unit. I floated to covid med surge and covid ICU, too many COVID shifts for my liking, but at the end of the day, I am grateful. I’m grateful for my family that I get to come home to and I’m grateful for our health. Although my exposure is at an all time high, I pray every day that God continues to watch over my family. I’m grateful for the kick-ass nurses I get to work along side. ICU nurses are a different breed of nurses made of the toughest stuff on earth! This weekend alone I watched a mother grieve the loss of her 37 year old son through glass windows, I watched a sister grieve her only sibling through FaceTime, Ive heard the cries of a 5 year old boy crying for his papa through the phone, I’ve seen several deaths of those my age. COVID does not discriminate and it’s a scary place in the hospitals right now. Nurses are tired, we have anxiety before going to work, we sit in our cars and we cry after our long shifts. We mourn for the patients and the families. We don’t sleep for a few nights after our shifts because the cries of the grieving family still linger in our thoughts. Please be safe and just a little extra cautious until we get through this pandemic!"

WHY DID SHE DO THIS TO HER FAMILY THEN?? And get this - she created a GOFUNDME for another nurse last fall who passed away from COVID leaving 2 teenage boys.

These were seemingly good people and she knew better than anyone how to avoid COVID after dealing with COVID patients for so long. WHY? It doesn't make any sense.

by Anonymousreply 74September 13, 2021 6:32 PM

R70 it does add an extra layer of frustration when not only are they not getting vaccinated, so many seem to be seeking covid out by going out in crowds. Amusement parks, camps, waterparks, etc. At least the hesitant people I've spoken to are wearing masks and avoiding crowds, not that it'll replace getting vaccinated, but they aren't actively looking for it either.

by Anonymousreply 75September 13, 2021 6:32 PM

[quote]The oldest child is 7 and she just gave birth again

Wow--she really matured early.

by Anonymousreply 76September 13, 2021 6:33 PM

R74 that's what I'm trying to say. The assumptions about every person being a rightwing loon isn't true and we're losing good people too. I'm just as perplexed as you with these types. Like she seen the shit it can do and still wouldn't get it. I have no idea what will get through to these people. I'm starting to think nothing.

by Anonymousreply 77September 13, 2021 6:36 PM

[quote] [R66], it’s the result of decades of anti-vaccine propaganda, not just Trump. A

A lot of the younger and middle-aged cases are people who think they don't 'need' the vaccine -- that they're strong and in the prime of their life and have healthy immune systems, and thus, don't need it as they think this is a disease still killing only the most elderly.

by Anonymousreply 78September 13, 2021 6:39 PM

Get vaccinated!

My husband’s 45 year old friend from college, dad of three, died of COVID this weekend too. It isnt over yet.

by Anonymousreply 79September 13, 2021 6:39 PM

Healthcare workers were first to be eligible for vaccination - so December 2019. Did she get it? or if she did, did her protection wane?

And he would have been eligible later, but still pretty soon a a teacher - and should have got it due to obesity.

by Anonymousreply 80September 13, 2021 6:40 PM

These two dipshits would be alive today if they'd been vaccinated. Now the taxpayers are going to be paying for those five kids.

Any why the fuck does anyone have five kids in this day and age? How can people even afford it?

by Anonymousreply 81September 13, 2021 6:40 PM

[quote]Although my exposure is at an all time high, I pray every day that God continues to watch over my family.

I don't know that she was a fundie but this kind of sentiment is very common among the unvaxxed COVID dead.

You'll notice she said nothing about a vaccine in her post about COVID victims. By January 2021 we had a vaccine, she would have known about that. We started rolling out vaccines on December 14, 2020 if I recall.

by Anonymousreply 82September 13, 2021 6:43 PM

* R80 here and I just re-read OP's post - sorry. "Davy Macias did not get vaccinated because she was pregnant, Serey said. It is unclear if Daniel was vaccinated."

That doesn't make sense - there had to be a time between having babies that she could have been vaccinated. And after that Facebook post! My god people are stupid. Must have been Repugs or crazy New Agers, though from the looks of him, I'd say no to that.

by Anonymousreply 83September 13, 2021 6:43 PM

If she was working COVID ICU in January 2021, she was already pregnant, she must have known she was and she apparently didn't get one of the early vaccines that healthcare workers could get.

Then she says "Please be safe and just a little extra cautious until we get through this pandemic!" and goes to a water park while pregnant and unvaxxed.

This is going to be like that family that went hiking in the heat and died, we're never going to find out why they did something so incredibly stupid.

by Anonymousreply 84September 13, 2021 6:46 PM

Trump is NOT anti-vaccine. This comes from some other kind of group sociopathy. Trump did contribute to a lot of misanthropy, ignorance, binary thinking, and meanness, of course.

by Anonymousreply 85September 13, 2021 6:50 PM

Another country with very high Vaccine hesitancy is South Africa. Basically dealing with low information, low critical thinking people who are suspicious and open to manipulation. People are correct to be suspicious and hesitant but they DO NOT HAVE the brain power to choose wisely in this anxious mind set. They get suckered by economic and political operators who use them as pawns. And yes, a few are belligerent sociopaths with dark energy. It's DARK ENERGY to die and leave your children without their life support.

by Anonymousreply 86September 13, 2021 6:56 PM

Yeah, he r85 he told his covid rally in the Sundown Alabama Town to get vaccinated and then quickly vacillated when they booed his ass and said or "whatever, I got mine it's a personal choice tho." Such a leader. And he is antivax and has been ever since he found out Baron is defective.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87September 13, 2021 6:57 PM

Trump's "movement" is anti-vax and anti-mask. Great way to own the libs, dontcha know.

by Anonymousreply 88September 13, 2021 7:04 PM

The vaccines are not foolproof against contracting the virus, I don't why so many posters keep saying they would be alive if they had gotten vaccinated. They would have stood a greater chance but it would be no guarantee.

by Anonymousreply 89September 13, 2021 7:12 PM

R89 = Typical, uninformed or oppositional-defiant loon who doesn’t realize that rates of mortality are drastically lessened for the vaccinated, even if they do contract COVID-19.

by Anonymousreply 90September 13, 2021 7:18 PM

R90 moron who has reading comprehension issues

by Anonymousreply 91September 13, 2021 7:19 PM

[quote] the utter heartbreaking tragedy of 5 kiddos growing up without mommy and daddy,

Frau on the land!

Frau on the land!!

by Anonymousreply 92September 13, 2021 7:27 PM

I think what R89 is trying to say is that even vaccinated, they both could still have contracted the virus.

But the difference is that if they had both been vaccinated and still caught the virus, they probably would NOT have died from it.

At least that's what the statistics say.

by Anonymousreply 93September 13, 2021 7:28 PM

R89, they would be alive. They probably wouldn't have even needed to be seen by a doctor. The breakthrough cases are mild. Most people don't even know they have it unless they get tested. Which is why I still wear a mask. I'm not bringing it home to my unvaccinated child. Because I'm not a fucking asshole.

by Anonymousreply 94September 13, 2021 7:32 PM

This pandemic could be practically over by now if it weren't for these selfish unvaccinated assholes. I hate them.

by Anonymousreply 95September 13, 2021 7:36 PM

R91 = Moron who doesn’t comprehend basic logic and whose “argument” is self-nullifying.

by Anonymousreply 96September 13, 2021 7:36 PM

R91 the death rate of the vaccinated is like nothing. I'm not kidding. Even if you end up hospitalized while vaccinated, which only accounts for 1% of hospitalizations, there's basically 0 chance of you dying. I tried looking it up and the deaths of vaccinated people and it's .001%

It absolutely would've saved their lives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97September 13, 2021 7:55 PM

And I'm done with the bs about risk at this point. Anyone that would downplay that rate of efficiency, has a lot of nerve to play games by saying "but you don't know that they wouldn't have died", and is purposely being misleading. With a .0001% chance, I feel extremely confident they both would've continued on with their lives. Much more confident than people risking being in the 99.999%, that's for damn sure.

by Anonymousreply 98September 13, 2021 8:00 PM

[quote] You people are disgusting.

[quote] So much hate in this thread. It really makes me sick.

[quote] When did human beings become so vile?

[quote] This is a new low for Datalounge.

It is always nice to see that DL has new posters.

by Anonymousreply 99September 13, 2021 8:07 PM

Mother Nature is wondrous. After about 400 years of economic, social, medical, and technological progress, it had become too easy for the intellectually inferior of our species to survive, even prosper. And now we have a pretty effective way to reestablish survival of the fittest. COVID really is a miracle.

by Anonymousreply 100September 13, 2021 8:08 PM

They just died of the flu! Happens every year!

by Anonymousreply 101September 13, 2021 8:09 PM

R64, you're the OP of: ***College students chant 'F--- Joe Biden' at football games***

Sit down and shut your yap

by Anonymousreply 102September 13, 2021 8:09 PM

That sucks all around. But, why would anyone think they could handle 5 kids. Life is not really like the Brady Bunch.

by Anonymousreply 103September 13, 2021 8:10 PM

Bless your heart, r89....you idiot.

by Anonymousreply 104September 13, 2021 8:12 PM

These anti-vax morons don't trust actual doctors or scientists, but some crackpot puts a 7-minute video up on Youtube and they're all over it like flies on shit, believing it to be the gospel truth. Imbeciles, all of them.

Social media has lowered IQs tremendously.

by Anonymousreply 105September 13, 2021 8:18 PM

I realized I read this as

[quote]California couple dies of Covid, leaving at least five kids behind.

by Anonymousreply 106September 13, 2021 8:20 PM

At least the kids have gone to their Latino grandparents who will adore them. Abuelitas are the finest individuals on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 107September 13, 2021 8:28 PM

To all you concern trolls, These parents didn't care enough about their children to protect them from this obvious threat, these parents didn't care that their refusal to get vaccinated might mean that they could be taking an ICU bed that a car crash, or heart attack victim needed. They didn't care that their refusal to get vaccinated might mean they spread this virus to other people killing or harming them. I am not sure why you think we should care, when they didn't care.

by Anonymousreply 108September 13, 2021 8:28 PM

Sing it, sister!

by Anonymousreply 109September 13, 2021 8:30 PM

I ♥️ R108. So clearly and elegantly stated.

by Anonymousreply 110September 13, 2021 8:33 PM

They went up to Big Sur for a vacation, but it sounds like an indoor Orange County waterpark was their demise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111September 13, 2021 8:36 PM

Too, too sad.

by Anonymousreply 112September 13, 2021 8:37 PM

The GoFundMe is now over $216,000

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113September 13, 2021 8:39 PM

Dayum, R113!!!

Who gets the money??

by Anonymousreply 114September 13, 2021 8:41 PM

According to the article at the link, neither one was vaccinated.

Un-fucking-believable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115September 13, 2021 8:44 PM

He's morbidly obese. Covid loves those to death.

by Anonymousreply 116September 13, 2021 8:46 PM

These gofundme’s for idiots should be banned.

by Anonymousreply 117September 13, 2021 8:47 PM

Selfish irresponsible assholes.

by Anonymousreply 118September 13, 2021 8:58 PM

I've noticed obese people tend to be more susceptible to COVID too. I wonder what the science is behind it.

by Anonymousreply 119September 13, 2021 9:02 PM

[quote] I've noticed obese people tend to be more susceptible to COVID too. I wonder what the science is behind it.

If I had to guess, it would be that Covid affects your breathing and circulation, which obese people usually have problems with already.

Then there are the comorbidities like diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease which are probably made 10x worse (or more) by Covid.

I would think that it makes their already pre-existing health problems much more severe.

by Anonymousreply 120September 13, 2021 9:08 PM

[quote] I've noticed obese people tend to be more susceptible to COVID too.

That was explicitly noted often in the news stories last summer. Most often it's glossed over now. Somebody probably decided it was fataphobic and probably racist to mention.

by Anonymousreply 121September 13, 2021 9:15 PM

[quote]They're more worried about side effects a decade from now, or having future kids (paranoid about infertility), they're completely forgetting they have a life to live right now.

Yet, if they're like most anti-vaxxers, they're not at all concerned with the long-term "side effects" of a typical American diet. I find the whole thing very sad. I wish stupid and/or scared wasn't so often a death sentence.

by Anonymousreply 122September 13, 2021 9:20 PM

There's an article this week about how teenage influencers have entered the political game. Hundreds, if not thousands of teenagers are being paid by conservative organizations to spread propaganda. Thousands of adults as well. Tied into all of it is vaccine disinformation. They post many times per day, sometimes hourly, and some is pro-Trump, some is anti Biden or Kamala, and a lot is bullshit about vaccine safety and covid denialism.

The money infused by conservatives and Trump's political organization keeps these thousands of influencers busy at their keyboards. Whether they are specifically instructed and paid to post covid denialism/vaccine safety stuff or that's just a bonus in addition to the paid Trump stuff, it keeps the cycle going. Russia used to pay for this stuff in the 2016 race, now they probably don't need to because Americans will do the same work and its more legitimate.

by Anonymousreply 123September 13, 2021 9:22 PM

Yes Hispanic nurses and teachers are 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑖𝑐𝑢𝑙𝑎𝑟𝑙𝑦 receptive to teen girl influencers when making their medical choices.

by Anonymousreply 124September 13, 2021 9:29 PM

For the life of me, I do not understand their end game. They are literally eliminating their base. Can someone posit a theory as to why? Some of these people have half a brain. Or do they?

by Anonymousreply 125September 13, 2021 9:32 PM

As has been said it's not all Trumpers who are anti-vaxxers. Many ultra-left granola types are anti-vaxxers too.

by Anonymousreply 126September 13, 2021 9:34 PM

Nah, r126, they're all Donald's minions now. Do his evil work, get painted with the same brush as the rest.

by Anonymousreply 127September 13, 2021 9:38 PM

R125, they don’t believe in representative government, so they have no reason to keep these people alive.

by Anonymousreply 128September 13, 2021 9:40 PM

[quote]As has been said it's not all Trumpers who are anti-vaxxers. Many ultra-left granola types are anti-vaxxers too.

It's not even close.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129September 13, 2021 9:42 PM

r129 all I'm saying is that many ultra-left types are also anti-vaxxers. 29% is still a helluva lot of people, with a population the size of the US.

by Anonymousreply 130September 13, 2021 9:46 PM

[quote]they don’t believe in representative government, so they have no reason to keep these people alive.

True, their machinations are all about making voters incidental to elections. So who needs 'em?

by Anonymousreply 131September 13, 2021 9:49 PM

Yep, a lot of very liberal, aromatherapy-can-cure-my-cancer types are against vaccines as well.

by Anonymousreply 132September 13, 2021 9:50 PM

R128, but to what end? They’re actively pushing for their deaths. What do they gain? Fewer people? Maybe that’s it—more land to spread around. Seriously, it boggles my mind.

by Anonymousreply 133September 13, 2021 9:50 PM

Definitely r132. I'm around many of them. I definitely believe holistic medicine has its place. If you have headaches or joint pain or things like that it can be helpful. But when it comes to serious illnesses, you need modern medicine to treat it.

by Anonymousreply 134September 13, 2021 9:53 PM

A few hundred granola-extremists and thousands upon thousands of Donald-freaks. They're all freeDUMBers.

Doesn't matter, they are all a threat to our public health and safety. I hope they catch Delta and die at home as soon as possible.

by Anonymousreply 135September 13, 2021 9:54 PM

I believe in holistic treatments as well R134, for mild ailments, but it only goes so far. You can put a bandaid on a scratch to protect from infection but you can't put a bandaid on an open gaping wound and expect the same result.

by Anonymousreply 136September 13, 2021 9:56 PM

R74, a clue lies in her prayers for safety. A fair amount of religious folk think God will protect them. An idiot pastor where I live recovered from Covid after nearly dying and he's still not encouraging his congregation to wear masks or get vaccinated. He thanks God for saving him. He must think the hundreds of thousands of people who died must not have been godly enough. A nurse though, has to be a special kind of nut to get pregnant during a pandemic and then not get vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 137September 13, 2021 10:12 PM

I read that Mississippi, with one of the highest number of Covid cases per population, also has one of the highest vaccination rates for diseases other than Covid. They also have among the toughest laws requiring other types of vaccinations. They are clearly demonstrating the political cause of anti-vaxxers, duped by trump and the right wing media who ginned up to be hateful and believe lies.

I still don't understand why the right wants to misinform, sicken, and kill it's base, but that's what they're doing.

by Anonymousreply 138September 13, 2021 10:20 PM

[quote] and kill it's base,

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 139September 13, 2021 10:25 PM

That is so bizarre R138. What is the point of having stringent vaccination laws for other diseases and not COVID?

by Anonymousreply 140September 13, 2021 10:30 PM

[Quote] I really feel that anybody in a high profile position that has been spreading the deadly misinformation should be jailed

I agree with this whole heartedly. They are spreading illness and death. They must be held accountable and punished. They must be sued.

by Anonymousreply 141September 13, 2021 10:39 PM

[quote]Mother Nature is wondrous. After about 400 years of economic, social, medical, and technological progress, it had become too easy for the intellectually inferior of our species to survive, even prosper. And now we have a pretty effective way to reestablish survival of the fittest. COVID really is a miracle.

Mother Nature watched "Idiocracy" and got scared.

by Anonymousreply 142September 13, 2021 10:39 PM

You cannot enroll your children in public school (and most private schools) or work in a hospital in any state in the Union without being vaccinated against everything other than Covid.

by Anonymousreply 143September 13, 2021 10:41 PM

[quote] You cannot enroll your children in public school (and most private schools)

I went back to college as a non-traditional student. I had to show proof of my MMR vaccinations before I could attend class. Having no idea where those records would possibly be almost thirty years later, the university insisted I get the vaccines again.

Doctor said it wouldn’t cause any harm, so I did.

by Anonymousreply 144September 13, 2021 10:45 PM

How could you throw away your freedumb like that, R144?

by Anonymousreply 145September 13, 2021 10:46 PM

True. True.

I guess I was young, dumb, and…well, I was shooting blanks anyway.

by Anonymousreply 146September 13, 2021 10:47 PM

This tragedy really speaks to the sad state of general healthcare in the US. Didn't these people have a primary care physician? That would be the first person to have a conversation with about the efficacy of the vaccine. And the wife was a OB nurse for 11 years -- and had four kids prior to this pregnancy -- did she not seek guidance from any OB/GYN regarding potential side effects for pregnant women?

When people say to do your own research, the first step should be to speak to your own doctor and find out what the medical community is saying.

Depending on tweets, memes and Jeebus is not doing research, it is preparing for suicide.

by Anonymousreply 147September 13, 2021 11:14 PM

r147 The wife worked for Kaiser Permanente, one of the largest HMOs in the country, so presumably she was fully covered (as was her family.) And her husband worked for a public school district, and those kinds of positions always have medical insurance coverage.

by Anonymousreply 148September 13, 2021 11:17 PM

Five kids in seven years and they were worried the vaccine might cause infertility. It should have been a welcome side effect. Definitely pushing clown car territory.

by Anonymousreply 149September 13, 2021 11:18 PM

They were trying to field a baseball team.

by Anonymousreply 150September 13, 2021 11:20 PM

[quote] Five kids in seven years

Don’t they have cable?

by Anonymousreply 151September 13, 2021 11:20 PM

Maybe the kids will resent the Republicans who discouraged their parents from getting the vaccine and in the future they will be five more people who will never vote GOP.

by Anonymousreply 152September 13, 2021 11:24 PM

[quote] How the hell were a teacher and a nurse supporting FIVE kids? Especially in a state as expensive as California?

Easily making 150k and maybe more a year between the 20 of them with guaranteed raises, job security, benefits and pensions.

What world do you live in and why do you live there?

Personally I think fewer people should have children and those that do should have a bunch. Not everyone should be a parent. Too few really dedicated, selfless good parents exist and bigger families can be healthy to grow up in. Children have to learn to co-exist and share usually. That's my plan for the universe and I am sticking to it.

by Anonymousreply 153September 13, 2021 11:34 PM

Interesting theory regarding fewer people having kids but having a lot. I agree that people with few or no siblings can have major personality problems.

by Anonymousreply 154September 13, 2021 11:39 PM

150k in California with five kids doesn't go very far r153

by Anonymousreply 155September 13, 2021 11:40 PM

[quote] You cannot enroll your children in public school (and most private schools) or work in a hospital in any state in the Union without being vaccinated against everything other than Covid.

I think you are all forgetting that none of the Covid vaccines even had FDA approval until last month. And that's only for the Pfizer vaccine.

It's the reason even the Feds had to hold off on all their strict mandates. It's because the Federal Government itself had not approved any of the vaccines yet.

All the other vaccines that are required, DO have FDA approval.

So maybe somewhere down the line, the Covid vaccine will become a requirement.

But keep in mind that it's still less than a year old.

by Anonymousreply 156September 13, 2021 11:45 PM

[quote] Too few really dedicated, selfless good parents exist

Obviously these two were not “dedicated, selfless good parents,” that’s for sure.

by Anonymousreply 157September 13, 2021 11:46 PM

R155 They lived in Yucaipa, which is a bumfuck town in the outer San Bernadino Valley; I imagine the cost of living was quite low, for California.

by Anonymousreply 158September 13, 2021 11:54 PM

[quote]All of the children, Serey has heard from the grandparents, "spend a lot of time at night looking for mom and dad."

jfc

by Anonymousreply 159September 13, 2021 11:54 PM

SHIT FOR BRAINS

by Anonymousreply 160September 14, 2021 12:01 AM

[quote] All of the children, Serey has heard from the grandparents, "spend a lot of time at night looking for mom and dad."

"Sweeties, they're not here. They've been cremated."

by Anonymousreply 161September 14, 2021 12:07 AM

R161 should have been aborted!

by Anonymousreply 162September 14, 2021 12:13 AM

[quote] 150k in California with five kids doesn't go very far [R153]

Of course it does, you idiot. They have small children. They're not out partying drinking magnums of champagne and hiring rent boys.

by Anonymousreply 163September 14, 2021 12:35 AM

…yet. That would be unseemly. There parents just died this week.

by Anonymousreply 164September 14, 2021 12:40 AM

R163, but if they both were working, those childcare costs were about to spiral out of control, if they hadn’t already.

by Anonymousreply 165September 14, 2021 12:42 AM

[quote] There parents just died this week.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 166September 14, 2021 12:43 AM

I’m still grieving. I’m exempt from “Oh, dears” until the kids start drinking magnums and hiring rent boys.

by Anonymousreply 167September 14, 2021 12:47 AM

[quote] They were trying to field a baseball team.

Apparently, they planned to have enough children to make up for the entire millennial generation. Very unusual for parents in this age range to have that many kids, Mormons notwithstanding.

by Anonymousreply 168September 14, 2021 1:05 AM

Let me guess. there is a Fund Me page to support their kids.

by Anonymousreply 169September 14, 2021 1:06 AM

r163 do you know how fucking expensive kids are? And FIVE of them, at that.

by Anonymousreply 170September 14, 2021 1:07 AM

[quote]Very unusual for parents in this age range to have that many kids,

LOL! Do you know any Latinos?

by Anonymousreply 171September 14, 2021 1:08 AM

Do the kids understand their parents were idiots?

by Anonymousreply 172September 14, 2021 1:12 AM

5 kids??!! That woman’s pussy must have been so stretched out

by Anonymousreply 173September 14, 2021 1:14 AM

A very sad and very frustrating situation because this really did not need to happen.

by Anonymousreply 174September 14, 2021 1:15 AM

R171, lol, yes. And I live in CA -- and I don't know anyone in that age range with that many kids these days. Maybe 2. Three at most.

by Anonymousreply 175September 14, 2021 1:16 AM

How did lardo fuck her without killing her. He looked 400 pounds.

by Anonymousreply 176September 14, 2021 1:16 AM

Go to the barrio ese r175.

by Anonymousreply 177September 14, 2021 1:18 AM

r176 I've heard that really fat people try to fuck sideways.

by Anonymousreply 178September 14, 2021 1:19 AM

News reports kinda hinted that she didn't want to get vaccinated because she was pregnant, but that doesn't explain her husband Fatsy Cline's lack of responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 179September 14, 2021 1:56 AM

[quote]They're more worried about side effects a decade from now

You know what's worse than that? Being DEAD right fucking NOW.

by Anonymousreply 180September 14, 2021 2:01 AM

[Quote] News reports kinda hinted that she didn't want to get vaccinated because she was pregnant

Yet doctors recommend EVERY vaccine during pregnancy to prevent exactly this

by Anonymousreply 181September 14, 2021 2:30 AM

[quote]You can't even have compassion for innocent kids who lost their parents.

Of course we do. Its their stupid parents we have no use for. Five kids orphaned including a newborn, now at the mercy of society because their selfish, negligent parents refused to get vaccinated in California, where vaccines are plentiful and free.

They were terrible parents, full stop. If they drove out to a field together and blew each others brains out in a murder-suicide, it would have the same effect (only with less medical costs to the rest of us for their illness care).

Someone made the point in another thread here about the toll of other costly, preventable chronic conditions and although I mostly agree with them, this is another thing entirely. Smoking, diabetes, obesity also contribute to premature death and higher societal medical costs, but they take years to take out a person and don’t kill both parents or entire families within days or even hours of each other.

Dumbasses. They had ample opportunity – in the form of two quick, 20-second shots – to prevent it all from happening.

by Anonymousreply 182September 14, 2021 2:42 AM

Low IQ, low information. One was a nurse? Shudder. Perhaps the lowest echelon of nursing. CNA? LPN?

by Anonymousreply 183September 14, 2021 2:54 AM

GoFundMe is now over $226,000

by Anonymousreply 184September 14, 2021 2:54 AM

Sorry to burst everyone’s bubble, but nurses and teachers are some of the dumbest people I deal with in California.

I don’t think that’s true in other places. I have extended family who are nurses and teachers elsewhere and they are terrifyingly dedicated and smart.

by Anonymousreply 185September 14, 2021 3:02 AM

[quote] As has been said it's not all Trumpers who are anti-vaxxers. Many ultra-left granola types are anti-vaxxers too.

I have a friend who was raised in home ultra left granola hippie types who were anti-vax. Her mom died of cancer in her late 40s and refused chemo and other treatmetns. My friend is pro-vax. But, her father and sister who are still anti-vax and she worries about them quite a bit.

by Anonymousreply 186September 14, 2021 3:16 AM

R185 I live in New Mexico and I know several nurses and teachers who are total dumb fucks.

by Anonymousreply 187September 14, 2021 3:19 AM

R158. You are right. Yucaipa real estate is less expensive than other areas in CA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188September 14, 2021 4:57 AM

SS won't pay ot much, R65. It will pay whatever the higher earning parent would get as a maximum retirement benefit, split among the 5 kids.

by Anonymousreply 189September 14, 2021 5:34 AM

I've said this before r133 but it's like the old "King of the Hill" joke where Dale Gribble points out that tobacco companies are terrifying because they kill thousands of their own satisfied customers every year.

Republicans don't think enough of their base will die to make a difference in sales. I mean votes. But let's be honest, they see voters as customers. They've done the math and Republicans think that pandering to the anti-vax Q loon base is more profitable to them than thousands of their base dying.

That may be true, because those thousands aren't dying all in one district, it's spread out all over the country, and would 100K Republican voters dying in Florida wouldn't matter because it would still vote red.

by Anonymousreply 190September 14, 2021 9:20 AM

She was an RN in the obstetrics ward, r183, apparently for over a decade. She knew that the vaccine saved lives.

The husband was a math teacher and while I've known a few dumb math teachers (my dad was one when I was growing up) I know that math teachers graduate after a somewhat rigorous curriculum, relatively speaking. Neither one of these people were unintelligent, but they were dumb. There was something else going on with them both that overrode their experience and knowledge, anti-vax propaganda maybe, fear, denial, anxiety, relatives who were so anti-vax she didn't want to risk upsetting them, who knows.

by Anonymousreply 191September 14, 2021 9:25 AM

They are from Yucaipa, that explains everything. It's full of white low class, low income, Trumpian Deplorable trash. It's a shitty place to live, it's on the outskirts of the LA basin next to the mountains where it gets ungodly hot and smoggy. Nothing to do there and conversely, not that much nature. Housing is cheap because no one wants to live there. A dystopian suburb.

You can get this beautiful 2 bedrooms and 1 bath for only $375,000.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192September 14, 2021 9:41 AM

[quote]Again, they were Mexican

Did she and her brother Vong change to a Khmer surname to trick people?

by Anonymousreply 193September 14, 2021 10:56 AM

Clearly they weren’t all there mentally. Who has 5 kids in 7 years? While working full time? That’s insane — and, frankly, unsustainable in California.

by Anonymousreply 194September 14, 2021 11:05 AM

Fatties always die when they get Covid….seen this happen many times.

by Anonymousreply 195September 14, 2021 11:10 AM

[quote]Clearly they weren’t all there mentally. Who has 5 kids in 7 years?

That's why we call them Breeders.

by Anonymousreply 196September 14, 2021 11:13 AM

In this CNN article, it's mentioned that the couple had sold their home before the pandemic and had moved in with the husband's parents. Maybe, they were living rent free there. i

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197September 14, 2021 1:31 PM

There are several gofundme comments about how they are donating just because the mom was nurse. A lot of gofundmes for nurses, cops, or firefighters who died due to covid or non-covid incidents like shootings, accidents, fires, other illnesses always bring out the people who make comments about they all served the community and other people and how the family deserves donations. It's true that nurse and first responders do serve communities. But, I doubt many people would be willing to donate money to the family of a hard working highway department worker who died due to an accident on the job or a good social worker who was killed by a crazy client. I bet these nurses or family members or nurses probably wouldn't even donate a dollar to the family of hospital janitor who died due to covid. Also, the donors also ignore the fact that the mom had been nurse in a hospital and seen first hand what covid was doing to people and still didn't get vaxxed even though doctors have advised for pregnant women to get vaxxed.

[quote] My sister is a nurse and I know the sacrifices you guys do everyday. Praying for you and your family during this difficult time

[quote] I donated because Davy was a nurse caring for others and Daniel was a teacher, a caring couple, who were forced, to leave their family of five behind.

[quote] Wanted to support the family of a fellow RN. My husband and I offer our condolences and prayers that all receive Gods comfort to their hearts; giving the family strength and wisdom in caring for their loved ones children. No greater love to lay down your life to care for this family; a great responsibility and honor. May God guide you in the decisions raising the children in the principals and values of their parents.

[quote] I am a fellow nurse and it was right and correct to donate.

by Anonymousreply 198September 14, 2021 2:15 PM

[quote] News reports kinda hinted that she didn't want to get vaccinated because she was pregnant,

They did more than hint at it. They came directly out and said it, almost verbatim.

by Anonymousreply 199September 14, 2021 2:22 PM

The brother told KTLA that she didn't want to get vaccinated while pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 200September 14, 2021 3:10 PM

Maybe they were illegal and afraid to be put into the system.

by Anonymousreply 201September 14, 2021 4:56 PM

R200 the medical community urges pregnant women to get vaxxed. This nurse should have known that. Getting Covid while pregnant is far worse in that situation, the risk of complications and death is greater for pregnant women.

I think they were part of the religious right. Willfully ignorant people who listen to "god" rather than science or common sense. Plus, there are many right wingers in nursing and law enforcement. Ordinarily decent people who are taking risks for irrational reasons.

by Anonymousreply 202September 14, 2021 6:32 PM

[quote] This nurse should have known that. Getting Covid

Oh, she knew it. She full fuckin-A well knew it. She was a fucking asshole and now her kids have no mother (or father)!

by Anonymousreply 203September 14, 2021 7:05 PM

You mean the ignorant WRONG

by Anonymousreply 204September 14, 2021 7:41 PM

[quote]Fatties always die when they get Covid….seen this happen many times.

They also may not be as well protected by vaccines:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205September 14, 2021 8:26 PM

^^The study defined abdominal obesity as a 37" waist or larger in men, 31" or larger in women.

by Anonymousreply 206September 14, 2021 8:31 PM

Nurses (and doctors) are technicians.

Like any other technician, some are smart and will learn the science behind what they are doing, and some are idiots will just come to work and mindlessly do their rote tasks.

by Anonymousreply 207September 14, 2021 8:44 PM

[quote] Clearly they weren’t all there mentally. Who has 5 kids in 7 years?

Bitch, please.

If you had a kid every time you got fucked, you'd have over 100 butt babies by now.

by Anonymousreply 208September 14, 2021 8:51 PM

r201 I'm pretty sure a nurse and a teacher are already well inside "the system."

by Anonymousreply 209September 14, 2021 9:43 PM

Vaccine hesitation because pregnant I sort of get, but once again, a lot of these people are out looking for it too! Who would then go to an indoor waterpark???

My only theory with Republicans is that they know everything is going downhill and there's going to be fights over basics soon enough, like clean water. Better kill off some of the population now, while it's easy.

I also think Republicans are huge fans of orphans. You know how many fundies adopt, even if they have a big brood of their own? A shit ton. No abortion means the same thing and they can't wait for all those fresh kids that need "good" homes. When you have a dying base and religion is on the decline, what better way to indoctrinate new members than raising them yourself. I think that SC justice has bio kids, along with adopted kids.

by Anonymousreply 210September 14, 2021 10:03 PM

She sure does!

"She and her husband, Jesse Barrett, have seven children — two of whom, Vivian and John Peter, were adopted from Haiti."

But now there's going to be all these American babies up for grabs. They can't wait to get their hands on fresh blood :::cough cough::: I mean precious little ones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211September 14, 2021 10:07 PM

Sigh, didn't look at the article content before linking because I was primarily interested the basic info about the kids. I just find it an interesting trend that a lot of Christian families adopt despite having their own children. Meanwhile, average families that would love children, have a bitch of a time, if they even qualify ($$$$$$$)

by Anonymousreply 212September 14, 2021 10:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!