Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

On the set of Desperate Housewives

I worked on the show between 2006 and 2012 and kept a very detailed journals. I could post some tidbits if you guys want to read it. It was such a long time ago that it does not even matter anymore.

by Anonymousreply 292October 23, 2021 2:34 PM

OP. I would love that! I am a huge DH fan!

by Anonymousreply 1September 13, 2021 2:26 PM

Who was insufferable to work with?

by Anonymousreply 2September 13, 2021 2:27 PM

Wow, I’m right in the middle of a rewatch so this is perfect! The thing I noticed about season five was that something seemed..off. Like there was tension behind the scenes. Was Nicolette supposed to die in the way she did or did they kill her off earlier or unexpectedly? Something seemed weird with Teri Hatcher too in that season. I know there was a lawsuit about Nicolette, but it seemed like something else was going on too.

by Anonymousreply 3September 13, 2021 2:28 PM

Is Marc Cherry secretly buff and sensually attractive in person? He looks like he could throw a great f*ck.

by Anonymousreply 4September 13, 2021 2:51 PM

Which of the men on the show are secretly bi?

by Anonymousreply 5September 13, 2021 3:18 PM

Do you get to see any of the dilf undressed? Would any of them be interest in homosexual experience?

by Anonymousreply 6September 14, 2021 12:02 AM

I want to hear all of it. Why was Terri Hatcher apparently so despised by everyone? Who was nice and who wasn't? Did the actors complain about the quality of the show taking a nose dive?

by Anonymousreply 7September 14, 2021 12:10 AM

Ricardo Chavira--cut or uncut?

by Anonymousreply 8September 14, 2021 12:16 AM

Don’t hint at the tea then abandon the post OP! Drop it. Was Eva Longoria as insufferable as she seems with her Latino Woman agenda? And how could Marc Cherry think anyone would buy that OBESE neckless soda bottle fed fatty was her child?

by Anonymousreply 9September 14, 2021 4:35 AM

[Quote] And how could Marc Cherry think anyone would buy that OBESE neckless soda bottle fed fatty was her child?

How dare you!

by Anonymousreply 10September 14, 2021 1:54 PM

Spill.

by Anonymousreply 11September 14, 2021 1:56 PM

Gals, I think we've been hoaxed

by Anonymousreply 12September 14, 2021 1:59 PM

This Larry disappears

by Anonymousreply 13September 14, 2021 10:57 PM

That's annoying to pretend like you have some hot gossip and then leave.

Not OP, but in another thread, I mentioned an old blind item I saw maybe in the late 2000s that hinted that one of the women starring in Desperate Housewives was about to come out as gay and with a female partner. People commented that they figured it was Marcia Cross. Months later, nothing. Years later, nothing. Whoever it was never came out, so I suppose it's possible that the person lost courage or the blind item was fake.

by Anonymousreply 14September 14, 2021 11:16 PM

What a dick tease of a thread.

by Anonymousreply 15September 14, 2021 11:21 PM

[quote]Not OP, but in another thread, I mentioned an old blind item I saw maybe in the late 2000s that hinted that one of the women starring in Desperate Housewives was about to come out as gay and with a female partner. People commented that they figured it was Marcia Cross. Months later, nothing. Years later, nothing. Whoever it was never came out, so I suppose it's possible that the person lost courage or the blind item was fake.

Gurl, that was about 2005 and it started HERE at DL and DL was mentioned on gossip blogs and websites and it drove the first big outsider push onto this site. Before that, DL was fairly insular bi-coastal creative gay bitchery site where you wouldn't dare post anything that wasn't your best work and devastatingly funny cause these professional writer bitches here were MEAN.

Also, I believe Marcia was going to come out and the leaked rumor spooked her so badly that she not only failed to come out, she went on The View to promote her hetero bonafides and then SHE QUICKLY MARRIED someone connected to her agent, if I recall.

by Anonymousreply 16September 15, 2021 2:48 AM

Eva Longoria is pathetic. First of all, she was totally miscast as a former model. Short little bitch.

Second of all, she’s American. She can roll her “r”s as much as she wants, but she’s no more Latin than anyone else born and raised here.

by Anonymousreply 17September 15, 2021 2:53 AM

R14 - Do people think Marcia Cross is straight?

by Anonymousreply 18September 15, 2021 3:31 AM

[quote]Eva Longoria is pathetic. First of all, she was totally miscast as a former model. Short little bitch.

Wrong - everyone knows the ideal super model is 5' 2' in heels.

I actually thought Longoria was the one character who improved as the series continued. Maybe because she was more green when it started, but thought she developed good comedic timing. It is too bad her Telenova show was not given more of a chance.

I suspect the OP was a fake knowing from past Desperate Housewives threads that he would get a reaction. Even if there was a true insider now, not sure how much new would be revealed that was not discussed in great detail in past threads.

by Anonymousreply 19September 15, 2021 12:41 PM

Longoria was great as Gabby. Very funny and gorgeous to boot.

by Anonymousreply 20September 15, 2021 5:05 PM

My apologies, guys!!

So let me answer a few questions first. Nicollette's character was supposed to be strangled by her husband and dumped on the street, the original idea was to frame one of the neighbors for her murder - possibly Mike or Susan. This was too dark for Disney. Then she was supposed to die in the season finale (probably after saving Susan's life) and that would be the summer cliffhanger. They had to change a lot of things at the last minute because of the constant notes from the network and execs.

Who was insufferable to work with? Well, we all have our good days and bad days and when you shoot an hour long series it's like filming an endless movie. You see people at their best, worst and also their most exhausted selves. Teri was distant (that's common knowledge) but she is very complicated. Some people even thought she was an alcoholic. Felicity was very nice and professional but she was never my cup of tea. I felt like she was a bit cold. Eva was very funny and adored by the crew. Marcia has a strange sense of humor and could be extremely shy, she never really understood the tone of the show and they had to explain the meaning of certain scenes to her / especially those involving physical comedy or situational humor. Nicollette was deeply misunderstood, she is not a saint but deep down she is very kind and has a big heart, she just got hurt a lot in her life. Dana was like that cool aunt who has no problems with you being gay and tries to help you out. Same goes for Vanessa Williams. They both enjoyed their experience and took it for what it was, above all the bullshit and pettiness.

Which of the men on the show are secretly bi? I think Shawn Pyfrom and probably even Josh Henderson but I'm not 100% sure. Jamie Denton was very gay friendly and an alley! One of the nicest guys you could possibly meet. He was very friendly with R. Chavira and Doug Savant (Doug was also an amazing guy). And Marc Cherry gets a lot of bad press but I can't really say a bad thing about him. We got along well and he was a good boss.

by Anonymousreply 21September 21, 2021 4:29 PM

God, Jamie Denton was so hot. Doug, too. Throw in Tuc Watkins too.

by Anonymousreply 22September 21, 2021 4:51 PM

[quote]Jamie Denton was very gay friendly and an alley!

Denton was a passageway?

I heard Denton was extremely nice. A former coworker worked for Denton's former agent pre-DH years and she said he was a sweetheart. The agency dropped him to focus on other talent, then not too long after he booked THE PRETENDER.

by Anonymousreply 23September 21, 2021 5:01 PM

How could Marcia not understand the tone of the show? I remember years ago Marc Cherry taking about one of his actresses who was not naturally funny and had to have the humor explained to her. Guess this shows who it was!

by Anonymousreply 24September 21, 2021 5:42 PM

I'd heard that Cherry had to explain give Cross line readings several times so that she'd get how certain scenes were meant to be played. Her character was the one closest to his own mother, so that makes sense. Marcia met Marc's mother at an event once and finally got it, saying "oh, that's how I need to play her!"

by Anonymousreply 25September 21, 2021 6:43 PM

I heard James Denton was VERY gay friendly. So friendly he liked to get his cock sucked by men.

by Anonymousreply 26September 21, 2021 6:52 PM

Is it true Kathryn Joosten was sex on a stick?

by Anonymousreply 27September 21, 2021 6:55 PM

Was it obvi the Carver twins were gay?

by Anonymousreply 28September 21, 2021 7:00 PM

Shawn Pyfrom 3 years ago

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29September 21, 2021 7:18 PM

Was there any jealously that Felicity win the Emmy and Teri got a GG?

by Anonymousreply 30September 21, 2021 7:21 PM

Hey, interesting Larry -- your reply sounds genuine, so thanks for starting this thread.

I'm curious about Harriet Sansome Harris -- so delicious as Felicia Tilman. I get the feeling when the camera's off she smokes continuously...gives her that raspy, theatrical voice and intense delivery. But also overall, just wondering how she is in person -- off camera?

by Anonymousreply 31September 21, 2021 7:34 PM

Who was the most difficult guest star?

by Anonymousreply 32September 21, 2021 8:17 PM

Who doesn’t love a good candid shot, R29?

by Anonymousreply 33September 21, 2021 8:23 PM

What was Dana Delaney like?

by Anonymousreply 34September 21, 2021 8:58 PM

What were some abandoned storylines that you guys wanted to do? Other ways the mysteries could’ve been resolved? Actresses who almost did the show?

I’m very curious about the What Ifs.

by Anonymousreply 35September 21, 2021 9:27 PM

Thanks for your questions!! Sorry in advance for typos, I'm on my phone and type very quickly.

I started on the show in the third season so I have no idea how much Felicity's Emmy win or Teri's GG impacted the other ladies. Regarding Harriet Sansom Harris - she was fascinating, interesting person. She is a genuine woman but a bit moody and I don't mean it in a bad way. Sometimes she was very chatty and lovely and then she would come in and be a bit more reserved, you never knew. But she was neither rude nor nasty. She was thankful for the opportunity but she treated it like any other job. And yes, she used to smoke like a chimney back in the did. But so did Nicollette and Eva.

Dana was lovely but she never took it THAT seriously. At first she was supposed to leave after her mystery wrapped up but Cherry liked working with her and asked her to stay. She would be insane to turn him down. It took her a while to feel at home on the set, she was really shy in the beginning, barely spoke with the other women (except for Cross). Dana also never really connected to Nicollette, they seemed cordial but Nicollette felt threatned by the new addition, she knew that her screentime would be diminished and she was right.

The most difficult guest star was Larry Hagman in season 7. He didn't really enjoy working on the show because Marc Cherry made the mistake when he gave him precise line readings, he wanted to make sure that Hagman understood what was wanted from him and that offended Hagman who started being dismissive to the cast and crew. Polly Bergen was also a bit difficult in her last appearances but only because she had trouble memorizing lines and concentrating.

by Anonymousreply 36September 21, 2021 10:04 PM

How tall is Doug Savant in real life? Did he have a belly at the last few seasons? How would you describe his butt? Is he really hung like the show said he is?

by Anonymousreply 37September 22, 2021 1:51 AM

R34 I always picture Dana Delaney as she was in Exit to Eden, for some reason. Also constantly nude.

by Anonymousreply 38September 22, 2021 2:04 AM

Larry/OP - what was Gale Harold like on the set?

by Anonymousreply 39September 22, 2021 2:11 AM

I don't remember Gale Harold on the series hardly at all, but I think that's because I got bored with it by his season and checked out. Or maybe I'm just blocking the memory.

Was he doing that same words words words... pause... acting as he did on Queer as Folk? That got sooo tiresome almost immediately.

by Anonymousreply 40September 22, 2021 2:15 AM

This is such a boring thread.

by Anonymousreply 41September 22, 2021 2:23 AM

How is your brother Darryl, and your other brother Darryl?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 22, 2021 2:48 AM

Who's the hottest dilf in real life?

by Anonymousreply 43September 28, 2021 2:38 AM

For all the put downs of Eva's acting it was her scene in the pilot desperately mowing the lawn in her heels and expensive evening dress that got me hooked on the show.

by Anonymousreply 44September 28, 2021 2:49 AM

[quote] Who's the hottest dilf in real life?

For a moment I thought you asked who's the hottest darryl in real life.

by Anonymousreply 45September 28, 2021 2:50 AM

Who were the wig wearers on the show? Any wig stories? I know Carol Burnett wore one when she appeared on it.

by Anonymousreply 46September 28, 2021 3:05 AM

They're retitiling it Wigadoon for syndication

by Anonymousreply 47September 28, 2021 3:07 AM

Did Marc Cherry pop Jesse Metcalf's cherry?

by Anonymousreply 48September 28, 2021 3:09 AM

Maybe Jesse's 3rd or 4th cherry. After that it gets hard to keep faking it.

by Anonymousreply 49September 28, 2021 3:19 AM

Deshperate Houshewivesh shtarring Marshcia Crossh.

by Anonymousreply 50September 28, 2021 3:46 AM

Felicity Huffman is so unattractive and absolutely unfunny . She almost ruined the show .

by Anonymousreply 51September 28, 2021 4:34 AM

Not her. The triplets.

by Anonymousreply 52September 28, 2021 4:37 AM

Doug Savant was smoking hot.

by Anonymousreply 53September 28, 2021 8:40 AM

I’m most curious about what Teri did to get herself turned into a pariah; I heard rumors she negotiated her contract first, separately, when they’d all agreed to do it as one. During Sheridan’s lawsuit she said that Cherry said Teri was the worst woman In the world & that he hoped she got hit by a bus!

by Anonymousreply 54September 28, 2021 9:51 PM

Felicity is a cold , humorless cunt

by Anonymousreply 55September 28, 2021 11:01 PM

Lesbian friends who worked on the crew of the DALLAS revival said that Josh Henderson is definitely gay. They said Jesse was bitchy.

Larry, I've heard that Nathan Fillion is a diva. Is this true?

Team Nicollette!

by Anonymousreply 56September 28, 2021 11:12 PM

No surprise about Henderson, he pings like sonar. I would've guess Metcalfe was gay4pay/roles. Fillion is definitely family.

by Anonymousreply 57September 28, 2021 11:29 PM

Was this during Teri's sad bearding for Ryan (Swallows Semen)crest?

by Anonymousreply 58September 28, 2021 11:38 PM

Josh Henderson is a cute little china doll man.

by Anonymousreply 59September 29, 2021 12:50 AM

This Josh Henderson?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60September 29, 2021 3:21 AM

[quote] Jamie Denton was very gay friendly and an alley! One of the nicest guys you could possibly meet. He was very friendly with R. Chavira and Doug Savant

Neither R. Chavira nor Doug Savant are gay.

by Anonymousreply 61September 29, 2021 3:59 AM

[Quote] No surprise about Henderson, he pings like sonar. I would've guess Metcalfe was gay4pay/roles.

I thought they both had to fuck Marc for a role on DH.

by Anonymousreply 62September 29, 2021 5:14 AM

r61

by Anonymousreply 63September 29, 2021 11:29 AM

R63.

by Anonymousreply 64September 29, 2021 11:43 AM

R64.

by Anonymousreply 65September 29, 2021 2:05 PM

R65.

by Anonymousreply 66September 29, 2021 2:38 PM

David Lynch was clearly commenting on the kind of lame suburban husband roles Kyle MacLachlan got stuck playing post “Twin Peaks” in its recent revival.

by Anonymousreply 67September 29, 2021 2:39 PM

Give us the exact date when Teri Hatcher ate more than one grape for lunch.

by Anonymousreply 68September 29, 2021 2:46 PM

What is all that comments with just a tag of the reply number?

I think Kyle MacLachlan is sexy. His naked sleepwalking scene is hot and I jerked off to it multiple times.

Larry should focus on talking about the dilf and any sexy stuff he would know about them

by Anonymousreply 69September 29, 2021 2:48 PM

There is zero dirt in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 70September 29, 2021 2:52 PM

We’re Dana and Marsha more than friends?

by Anonymousreply 71September 29, 2021 3:41 PM

What’s the best on-set story that you wrote about in your diary?

by Anonymousreply 72September 29, 2021 4:35 PM

R69 it’s the silly and irritating people who block people but then still want to see what someone they’ve blocked has said. Contributes nothing to the discussion but I suspect people with the sort of mindset to do this don’t care about that.

by Anonymousreply 73September 29, 2021 5:02 PM

R73.

by Anonymousreply 74September 29, 2021 5:15 PM

Moat gossip please Larry! Any abandoned storylines?

Why was Teri moved off the lane in season 7? Did Marc give her the storyline as a stripper/cleaner to embarrass or titilate?

by Anonymousreply 75September 29, 2021 5:21 PM

Hello, guys. Teri was moved off the Lane on purpose, as many of you suspect. And she was quite pleased with the decision since things got very tense after salary negotiations - she wanted to get more money than the other ladies who usually negotiated everything together and seemed very loyal to each other. They confronted her and she started avoiding them, even on the set. Marc disliked Teri because she openly criticized and questioned the scenes he and his team had written but appreciated the fact that she was always wonderfully prepared, she knew every damn line, even the ones written for her colleagues and she was very strongly invested into the storylines unlike Marcia who started winging it at the certain point, she could barely concentrate and memorize her lines by the end. The cam girl storyline for Susan was suggested by one of the writers whose friend was doing the same thing years ago.

There were multiple abandoned storylines - Kayla Scavo coming back in the last season to make peace with Lynette, Lesley Ann Warren aka Sophie Bremmer was supposed to die of cancer, Felicia was supposed to come back at the end of season 5 but the actress was booked doing a play in NYC and it was such a last minute offer that it was simply impossible for her to come back and the story got pushed to later season. 100th episode was supposed to be a musical episode but the network hated the idea, Marc was crushed since he loved the musicals - Marcia and Felicity were terrified by that idea. Another idea was to shoot a disaster episode that includes the flood - also scrapped by the network, it would be incredibly expensive and the ratings were already declining. Susan was also supposed to lose her son in that car crash caused by Dave Williams and she was supposed to end up in a psychiatric asylum (the network was also strongly against it). Julie Benz was almost kept as a regular character but Dana got offered Body of Proof and they decided not to offer it to her.

by Anonymousreply 76September 29, 2021 5:58 PM

Jamie Denton was hot as a bad guy in Pretender and as a good guy in DH. Henderson was delicious in Dallas. I would like to have them both. Marcia was very ill, hopefully she is fine. Teri seems weird. I always hoped they would have hired Andrea Parker earlier and made her tough and dangerous mysterious woman.

by Anonymousreply 77September 29, 2021 6:22 PM

Thank you, r29.

Woof daddy. Delicious!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78September 29, 2021 7:07 PM

Teri was funny and charismatic on show .felicity is humorless and hostile

by Anonymousreply 79September 29, 2021 7:15 PM

I remember hearing the rumor that Susan's kid would have died in the car crash and she would have gone insane. Honestly, that would have been pretty great. Maybe too intense for the show, but at least it would switch things up and take some risks at a time when the show really needed to liven things up.

by Anonymousreply 80September 29, 2021 9:58 PM

r79

by Anonymousreply 81September 29, 2021 10:07 PM

Larry, any story about the men. How they look like and act like in real life?

by Anonymousreply 82September 29, 2021 11:48 PM

OP what was the real dirt on Gale Harold’s motorcycle crash? I remember he did some return to DH publicity where he looked awful and the rumours were he suffered cognitive deficits. Seems his storyline was quickly dropped after that …

by Anonymousreply 83September 29, 2021 11:50 PM

r82

by Anonymousreply 84September 30, 2021 12:09 AM

R84.

by Anonymousreply 85September 30, 2021 12:11 AM

What’s the point of mentioning post numbers?

by Anonymousreply 86September 30, 2021 12:55 AM

If you have someone blocked, you can see what they wrote r86. It's fucking irritating.

by Anonymousreply 87September 30, 2021 1:00 AM

R85 r86 r87

by Anonymousreply 88September 30, 2021 1:25 AM

R88 .

by Anonymousreply 89September 30, 2021 1:56 AM

R87 - Whoever is doing that is the Teri Hatcher of this thread.

by Anonymousreply 90September 30, 2021 12:02 PM

Wasn't Roger Bart. He of the termendous cock, on this show? Any Roger Bart gossip? Did he try to fuck all of the men or just the extras?

by Anonymousreply 91September 30, 2021 1:05 PM

More about this alleged giant Roger Bart cock, please.

by Anonymousreply 92September 30, 2021 1:12 PM

Roger's large penis has been well known for years.

by Anonymousreply 93September 30, 2021 1:15 PM

R89

by Anonymousreply 94September 30, 2021 1:15 PM

I remember two scenes where other characters talked about someone's penis size.

Gabi and Carlos implying that Zach Young was huge.

And then Lynette and Renee? Or was it one of the other housewives that saw Tom? Talking about how Tom is horse hung. A scene that literally made me hard.

by Anonymousreply 95September 30, 2021 1:17 PM

It should have ended after the first season. I watched few seasons but story lines became bad.

by Anonymousreply 96September 30, 2021 1:38 PM

What was it like to blow Tuc Watkins?

by Anonymousreply 97September 30, 2021 2:09 PM

I would let Carlos stick it all the way in. Tom Scavo too.

by Anonymousreply 98September 30, 2021 2:18 PM

Tom seems like a fun fuck

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99September 30, 2021 3:13 PM

Roger Bart is such a good actor.

by Anonymousreply 100September 30, 2021 3:22 PM

Stop it, Teri. You cunt.

by Anonymousreply 101September 30, 2021 5:24 PM

What storylines did the housewives hate doing?

by Anonymousreply 102September 30, 2021 5:44 PM

I used to go to the LA Screenings and the first year DH came out the whole cast came out and I have a photo with all of them. They were all very nice but when I went to the bathroom to take a leak Doug Savant was peeing next to me and wholly uncut bologna! He is huge and loves to show it off shaking it back and forth for a while!

by Anonymousreply 103September 30, 2021 6:14 PM

Why did they kill off Rex and Mike?

by Anonymousreply 104September 30, 2021 6:20 PM

R29 wow, Pyfrom was looking fine there, better than I’ve seen him before.

Maybe I’m misremembering this, but didn’t he pen an open letter some years back revealing that he’d had crazy deep long term depression and substance abuse issues because of past trauma? Can’t recall specifics anymore, but I do know it was a long raw read and that the detail was intense.

Hoping he reached a better place, since (had depression myself, and wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy). His DH performances really did sparkle and made the show for me.

by Anonymousreply 105September 30, 2021 6:31 PM

Was there a point where Teri's scenes with the other women were being shot with stand ins? There was much speculation on DL that her scenes with the other women were camera tricks and clever editing.

by Anonymousreply 106September 30, 2021 6:39 PM

Why was Sheryl Lee replaced?

by Anonymousreply 107September 30, 2021 6:43 PM

I was always hoping the finale would feature a new family moving onto the street played by Sheryl Lee, Michael Reilly Burke, and Kyle Searles who were all replaced after the original pilot.

by Anonymousreply 108September 30, 2021 7:07 PM

I want to see the lost scene where Zach Young and Andrew jerk off together.

by Anonymousreply 109September 30, 2021 7:54 PM

Maybe Sheryl Lee was replaced because she just didn't have that voice that Mary Alice needs. Brenda Strong was perfect.

Mary Alice was probably on screen for 10 minutes altogether throughout the entire series, so it's not like it was the most demanding role acting wise.

by Anonymousreply 110September 30, 2021 9:24 PM

The official reason given for Sheryl's replacement was that they decided they wanted the voiceover to be less ethereal and slightly more comedic in tone, which they didn't think was a fit with Sheryl's voice.

by Anonymousreply 111September 30, 2021 9:29 PM

OP, do you know why Orson's storyline changed from Season 2 to Season 3? I remember reading that it was because Julie White did a Broadway play instead of coming back for S3 after being seen once in the S2 finale. The fact that they didn't simply recast the part and instead of rewrote a lot of material makes me wonder if there's more to the story.

(This is the only DH plothole that still bothers me. Who was that woman!?! lol)

by Anonymousreply 112September 30, 2021 9:38 PM

I loved the actor who played Bree’s son . Is he ok? He was talented

by Anonymousreply 113September 30, 2021 9:54 PM

r113

by Anonymousreply 114September 30, 2021 10:01 PM

R114

by Anonymousreply 115September 30, 2021 10:05 PM

R114.

by Anonymousreply 116September 30, 2021 11:50 PM

R14

by Anonymousreply 117October 1, 2021 1:46 AM

Stop. Just unblock the poster, you fucking twit.

by Anonymousreply 118October 1, 2021 2:04 AM

"Teri" thinks he's funny. I'm guessing he's 12. Mentally, that is.

by Anonymousreply 119October 1, 2021 2:08 AM

R118 R119

by Anonymousreply 120October 1, 2021 2:31 AM

R120 go fart on yourself

by Anonymousreply 121October 1, 2021 7:14 AM

Any more things you would like to share about Doug savant and other sexy male, Larry?

by Anonymousreply 122October 1, 2021 8:52 AM

I swear I’m not the one who posts blocked numbers, but I think it’s fucking hilarious that it drives some here BONKERS!

Who

Fucking

Cares

?

You know what it means now.

It has nothing to do with you.

It doesn’t actually hold ANYTHING up.

by Anonymousreply 123October 1, 2021 10:38 AM

R122, I don’t care either way, but it’s a bit like totally being over your ex but stalking him at the same time.

If you blocked some moron and want to confirm that you made the right choice, why not just open DL in a private window where you can read all their comments?

by Anonymousreply 124October 1, 2021 11:04 AM

R123 - Nonsense. It's likely throwing non-sequitur bombs into a conversation, or like talking to someone with uncontrolled Tourette's. Oh. And also what R124 said. It's borderline psychotic behavior.

by Anonymousreply 125October 1, 2021 11:35 AM

R123 it looks like there are lots of new interesting responses before you reclick on the thread again. And it slows the thread down

by Anonymousreply 126October 1, 2021 11:44 AM

People are such pussies. ‘Oh his words hurt my feelings”. People need to grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 127October 1, 2021 12:09 PM

People who spend 25% of their waking hours in online chat rooms have far bigger problems than immaturity...

by Anonymousreply 128October 1, 2021 12:17 PM

R128

by Anonymousreply 129October 1, 2021 12:25 PM

Anyway.....

by Anonymousreply 130October 1, 2021 2:14 PM

Did Dana and Marsha lez out?

by Anonymousreply 131October 1, 2021 3:09 PM

I was shocked that had originally planned a topless scene for Bree

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132October 1, 2021 6:14 PM

What happened to the OP? I'd like to hear more about icy cold Felicity Huffman. I thought she was great on the show. You could tell she was tough, but did a decent job in emotional scenes as well.

Which makes me wonder -- who did Cherry think was the best actress on the show? Not the biggest star or asset, but the best actress?

by Anonymousreply 133October 2, 2021 5:50 AM

R133 I'm guessing but out of the main characters most likely Felicity. She was given some of the most tricky scenes and landed them. She won their only Emmy out of the leads.

He also gave Marcia lots of tough scenes so no doubt he knew she was excellent at some of the weightier scenes too

by Anonymousreply 134October 2, 2021 6:59 AM

Felicity was great in this scene. I am sure she will come back strong with her experience in jail.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135October 2, 2021 10:23 AM

I've been hot for Ricardo Chavira since he was fucking the handyman on Six Feet Under.

They should have revisted that on DH and had him fucking Jesse Metcalf...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136October 2, 2021 10:49 AM

Cherry's picks were Eva, Feliicity and Dana. Eva and Felicity were also informants for him and kept him up on whatever was said about him by others on set. They ratted out poor Nicollette, who wanted them to band together to get raises. That was the beginning of the end for Nicollette on the show.

He did not like Teri or Nicollette. Or Marcia Cross that much either, but not as much dislike as the other two.

by Anonymousreply 137October 2, 2021 11:36 AM

R135, also great (along with a lot of the cast) in the grocery store shooting scene...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138October 2, 2021 2:27 PM

R138 yes, that's from the same episode as R135 - "Bang". One of their best and Felicity deserved the Emmy for it.

Marcia deserved to win for Season one IMO

by Anonymousreply 139October 2, 2021 2:35 PM

Didn't realize that it was from the same episode right away R139, thanks.

Unfortunately that reminds me of the one thing about the show that grated on my nerves -- especially if you binge-watch it -- and that's Brenda Strong's irritating 'sing-song' narration. Like fingernails on a chalkboard. Can't blame the actress though as no doubt that was Cherry's choice to have her play it that way.

by Anonymousreply 140October 2, 2021 2:44 PM

[quote] Brenda Strong's irritating 'sing-song' narration.

Dead people don't get dramatic

by Anonymousreply 141October 2, 2021 3:33 PM

R141 - Bullshit! Do you think these God-damn chains are fun to carry around?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142October 2, 2021 3:56 PM

Felicity is a snitch ? Figures ugh

by Anonymousreply 143October 2, 2021 4:23 PM

I want the dirt on Richard Burgi. I can’t believe he hasn’t been mentioned. He was such a hot daddy.

by Anonymousreply 144October 2, 2021 4:27 PM

Hi OP, I wanted to say I've enjoyed this thread a lot, and I think you also had some dish on Larry Hagman in another thread a while back that was great. This reminds me of the old DL, I'm so glad you posted.

by Anonymousreply 145October 2, 2021 4:28 PM

r121 r125

by Anonymousreply 146October 2, 2021 4:45 PM

The show fell apart very quickly. Season 1 was excellent, the next few were good, but after the time jump...absolute garbage

by Anonymousreply 147October 2, 2021 6:01 PM

I quit when Dana Delaney's heterosexual character suddenly decided to change her sexuality.

What a terrible message that sexuality is a switch that can be willfully changed.

by Anonymousreply 148October 2, 2021 6:06 PM

The storyline of Bree faking a pregnancy was absurd, its not like Danielle was 14, she was at least 17. Plus no one was pissed off that she lied to everyone for months? Isn't that a bigger sin that an out-of-wedlock baby?!

by Anonymousreply 149October 2, 2021 6:42 PM

So much jealousy in show business!

by Anonymousreply 150October 2, 2021 6:51 PM

I hope Larrry comes back. Recently rewatched the entire series. Loved it more the second time around. Yes, there was lows of the show, but overall loved and hated when the series ended. Wish they would restart the show with the originals.

by Anonymousreply 151October 2, 2021 8:02 PM

"Eva Longoria is pathetic. First of all, she was totally miscast as a former model. Short little"

EXCUSE ME?!

by Anonymousreply 152October 2, 2021 8:29 PM

The show had a great hook, they couldn't sustain it once we wrapped up Mary Alice's death. I'm assuming this is why Cherry has gone the anthology route with Why Women Kill. And this is not to imply that the show didn't have some good moments, after season one, but it just didn't have the same spark.

by Anonymousreply 153October 2, 2021 8:38 PM

R149 - I forget, but wasn't Bree's real concern that Danielle's baby daddy was black? Illegitimate children is nothing when compared to suburban miscegenation.

by Anonymousreply 154October 2, 2021 9:19 PM

[quote] What a terrible message that sexuality is a switch that can be willfully changed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155October 2, 2021 9:57 PM

r155

by Anonymousreply 156October 2, 2021 10:11 PM

R155, that headline should read: My Desperate Attempt to boost my Career by claiming to be a Lesbian didn't work, so I went back to Men.

by Anonymousreply 157October 2, 2021 11:00 PM

R154 IIRC, Danielle's baby daddy was Edie's nephew.

by Anonymousreply 158October 3, 2021 12:36 AM

Why didn’t Kayla Scavo come back? That’s the most frustrating loose end the series left. I would’ve loved to have seen an adult actress take on that role and really make Lynette’s life a living hell. There were a lot of boring storylines in that final year, especially involving Lynette. This would’ve spiced things up way more. Do you remember any of the details that were considered for that arc?

I’d also love more info on abandoned mysteries if you have any. Also, any Danny Bolen information would be greatly appreciated. Was he a stud in real life?

by Anonymousreply 159October 3, 2021 9:05 AM

R159 Beau Mirchoff was lovely!

by Anonymousreply 160October 3, 2021 9:40 AM

R135 What are you talking about? She was terrible in that scene.

by Anonymousreply 161October 3, 2021 10:33 AM

How big is Jesse Metcalfe's dick?

by Anonymousreply 162October 3, 2021 10:40 AM

R161 you are embarrassing yourself

by Anonymousreply 163October 3, 2021 12:08 PM

R163 I hope this is sarcasm. Actually, to call it terrible is an insult to all the terrible actors.

by Anonymousreply 164October 3, 2021 12:12 PM

Clearly OP has had second thoughts about sharing his memories

by Anonymousreply 165October 3, 2021 12:16 PM

R164 just go away Teri fans. She is an inferior actress to golden global winning jailtime serving Felicity

by Anonymousreply 166October 3, 2021 12:21 PM

R166 I'm talking about that one tiny scene posted here, not about her acting in general. But that scene was terrible.

by Anonymousreply 167October 3, 2021 12:40 PM

I don't know anything, but I'm going to assume that ABC interfered a lot, just based on the way certain stories played out or just petered out. But then, I still can't believe they green-lighted the season 2 Alfre Woodard storyline. What in the hell were they thinking? Someone at ABC must have been asleep when that pitch was made.

by Anonymousreply 168October 3, 2021 1:29 PM

DH's essential weakness was that it was a serial drama conceived and written by sitcom people. They had no idea how to sustain complex storylines.

by Anonymousreply 169October 3, 2021 1:45 PM

"How big is Jesse Metcalfe's dick"

Two and a half Ricardo Sanchez's.

by Anonymousreply 170October 3, 2021 1:47 PM

R160 Beau looked fantastic in Now Apocalypse.

by Anonymousreply 171October 3, 2021 1:54 PM

Beau Mirchoff will get laid for life.

by Anonymousreply 172October 3, 2021 2:22 PM

There are videos of Beau doing dirty things.

by Anonymousreply 173October 3, 2021 2:35 PM

I’d like a show like this with an all male cast. No fish whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 174October 3, 2021 3:14 PM

r174

by Anonymousreply 175October 3, 2021 3:16 PM

R174 - Here you go. You can always hope for a sequel...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176October 3, 2021 3:24 PM

That’s so hot, R176!

by Anonymousreply 177October 3, 2021 3:27 PM

This thread turned out to be a nothingburger.

by Anonymousreply 178October 3, 2021 3:53 PM

So, just like the show itself.

by Anonymousreply 179October 3, 2021 4:02 PM

Aw…blow it out your ass, ladies!!!

by Anonymousreply 180October 3, 2021 4:08 PM

Cervantes certainly did have a big bologna. Why do you think I hired him?

- M Cherry

by Anonymousreply 181October 3, 2021 9:29 PM

I meant to type dog and the auto correct turned it into that dreadful word above

by Anonymousreply 182October 3, 2021 9:30 PM

Felicity is a cold, fake witch . She’s singularly unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 183October 4, 2021 1:14 AM

It’s such a shame, I think the show’s only legacy now is what a mess it was behind the scenes. Considering how obnoxiously massive it was in pop culture, even if only in that first season, it should be more remembered than it is. For some reason it never became a rerun staple on any syndicated channels. Don’t know if that’s because of low ratings, or maybe the affiliates thought it was somehow bad for their brand, with all the negative publicity.

The Big 3 that saved ABC in the 04-05 TV season all seem cursed. All anybody remembers about Lost nowadays is the ending. Desperate Housewives, once an inescapable phenomenon, now is only occasionally mentioned when more backstage drama comes to light. Then Grey’s Anatomy, well, that set has always sounded like hell on earth.

Cherry’s most recent series, Why Women Kill, is by far his best work since the first few seasons of DH. Season 2 especially, which is basically Wisteria Lane set in the 1940’s, blew me away. Unfortunately it hardly made any waves and I can’t see it lasting more than another season, if that.

by Anonymousreply 184October 4, 2021 6:52 AM

At least Huffman's bloated, rubbery facelift has settled back into some sort of normalcy. She was closing in on Kim Novak territory 2-3 years ago...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185October 4, 2021 7:35 AM

I love that we have an authenticated user named DougSavantNo1Fan. I mean, I wanna fuck him too, but wow... of all the actors to dedicate your identity to.

by Anonymousreply 186October 4, 2021 8:17 AM

Doug Savant always looked like he had really dry lips, like the guy who played Castiel in Supernatural.

by Anonymousreply 187October 4, 2021 8:49 AM

I always found it hard to believe how they paired Felicity, a total plain jane, with guys way out of her league like Savant and Jason Gedrick.

by Anonymousreply 188October 4, 2021 9:06 AM

Was Kathryn Joosten a lezzie?

by Anonymousreply 189October 4, 2021 9:43 AM

[Quote] like the guy who played Castiel in Supernatural.

Misha Collins

by Anonymousreply 190October 4, 2021 10:43 AM

[quote] For some reason it never became a rerun staple on any syndicated channels.

I think that has less to do with the show itself and more to do with hourlong non-procedurals not really having much of a life in syndication these days. Ally McBeal was even bigger than DH but was hardly anywhere once it ended its original run.

by Anonymousreply 191October 4, 2021 1:42 PM

[quote] I always found it hard to believe how they paired Felicity, a total plain jane, with guys way out of her league like Savant and Jason Gedrick.

Wasn’t she paired up romantically with Peter Krause in Sports Night too?

by Anonymousreply 192October 4, 2021 1:46 PM

Damn straight R188!

by Anonymousreply 193October 4, 2021 2:51 PM

I seem to remember some episodes of Desperate Housewives were syndicated on Lifetime in the mornings/early afternoons for a little while, but it didn't last.

by Anonymousreply 194October 4, 2021 3:36 PM

It was a show driven far more by plot than character, as opposed to spiritual ancestor, KNOTS LANDING, which was driven more by character than plot.

KL showcased powerful feminine archetypes. DH paid lip-service to them, but its characterizations were razor-thin and never resonated deeply. That's why it didn't leave much of a cultural footprint.

by Anonymousreply 195October 4, 2021 3:53 PM

I think it did leave a cultural footprint. All of those Real Housewives shows exist because of DH.

by Anonymousreply 196October 4, 2021 6:08 PM

More like a cultural skid-mark then.

by Anonymousreply 197October 4, 2021 6:45 PM

R196 - OK... a positive cultural footprint.

by Anonymousreply 198October 4, 2021 10:32 PM

R191 also the flood of content on streaming services since it first aired. Why watch something again particularly when it wasn’t that great in the first place when you have so much more choice now.

by Anonymousreply 199October 6, 2021 8:31 PM

There was a scene with Doug Savant in the bedroom with nothing but bikini briefs on. Woof!

by Anonymousreply 200October 6, 2021 9:17 PM

I love Why Women Kill! If you're a DH fan, I highly recommend it.

by Anonymousreply 201October 6, 2021 9:58 PM

For R200. Sorry for the poor quality. It was all I could find.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202October 6, 2021 11:38 PM

I watched the first season of Why Women Kill and wasn't a fan. I did really like Devious Maids, though, which I recommend.

by Anonymousreply 203October 7, 2021 12:40 AM

Devious Maids spent four years in a constant state of becoming. It always felt as it if was thisclose to finding its voice -- and then didn't. Not a bad show, but could have been SO much better.

by Anonymousreply 204October 7, 2021 12:52 AM

I enjoyed Devious Maids for the most part, but I felt the maids were overshadowed by other characters like The Powell's and Genevieve. They also got rid of some of the more interesting supporting characters like Alejandro and Odessa much too soon. The budget cuts each season also really showed. I feel that it was better show at its worst than Desperate Housewives was, especially DH near the end.

by Anonymousreply 205October 7, 2021 1:16 AM

I watched the first few episodes of Why Women KIll S2 and I enjoyed it, but I haven't gone back to finish it, and it's been months.

by Anonymousreply 206October 7, 2021 1:17 AM

R205 -- I think I agree with almost everything you said. The Powells and Genievieve were more interesting than the maids in general. It was the perfect role for Lucci, played to her strengths, but was not simply playing Erica. She had some Erica traits but was not a clone of the character. The Powells were great, but worked better when they were at odds, and they made the mistake of trying to make them happy together, which I think they were fixing at the end (it has been awhile so memory is a bit fuzzy).

As for the maids, as much as I like Ana Ortiz, they did not really seem to know what to do with her after the first season. Zoilia was great and the Reyes - Lucci pairing was gold, but a lot of her early stuff was family drama with her daughter that was not that interesting. There was some interesting potential with her and Adrian Powell that they were setting up for fifth season that never happened. Rosalyn with her closet marriage as she tried to make it big was more interesting than what she had later and they ended that story too soon. Reyes and Rosalyn should have gotten more of the time that was spent on Dania Ramirez who was the weakest of the actors.

Season 1 Desperate Housewives was a better show, but I think Devious Maids stayed more consistent for what it was a guilty pleasure popcorn viewing. The last season might have been the funniest as it seemed to embrace its wackiness a bit more.

by Anonymousreply 207October 7, 2021 2:38 PM

I'm BACK Bitches!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208October 7, 2021 11:29 PM

Teri is starting to look like a half-Asian Faye Dunaway.

by Anonymousreply 209October 7, 2021 11:44 PM

R208 - Does Hallmark allow Denton to do full frontal nudity? What exactly is being kissed?

by Anonymousreply 210October 8, 2021 11:43 AM

Denton has not aged well at all. In person...well, let's just say, 'Sharpei'.

by Anonymousreply 211October 8, 2021 7:03 PM

R207, Dania was playing it much too juvenile as the show went on. By the end, she was cooing like a baby girl. It was off putting and took you too much out of the show.

by Anonymousreply 212October 9, 2021 5:03 AM

Bump this glorious thread! OP, tell us the best story from your diary.

by Anonymousreply 213October 16, 2021 7:17 AM

R213 Larry disappeared already

by Anonymousreply 214October 16, 2021 9:19 AM

I always remember Katherine Joosten (Mrs McCluskey) shooting from the hip in an interview before she died basically saying the leads were spoilt brats.

by Anonymousreply 215October 16, 2021 10:04 AM

Teri said that the old bat Joosten used to fart alot.

by Anonymousreply 216October 16, 2021 11:33 AM

R215, and the only one of the leads she liked was Teri Hatcher.

by Anonymousreply 217October 16, 2021 1:54 PM

Felicity is singularly unattractive

by Anonymousreply 218October 16, 2021 2:52 PM

Felicity is a modestly talented actress whose plain Jane looks led some audiences to believe she's a bigger and more serious talent than she actually is. She plays "earnest" and "angry" convincingly. Many critics fall prey to this syndrome.

The complete absence of glamour and visual appeal does not necessarily indicate the presence of talent.

We could have a whole separate thread on Plain Jane Syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 219October 16, 2021 4:36 PM

R219, Felicity seems like a witch in real life. Unhappy lady

by Anonymousreply 220October 16, 2021 4:52 PM

Not sure about all the Felicity hate. I thought she was attractive, not a bombshell and I also like her character.

by Anonymousreply 221October 16, 2021 4:54 PM

Hi boys

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222October 16, 2021 4:56 PM

Jesus, r222. A warning next time!

by Anonymousreply 223October 16, 2021 5:58 PM

Bree’s titties make me moist!

by Anonymousreply 224October 16, 2021 6:18 PM

Felicity lied to get her daughter into college.

SHE'S A FUCKING SOCIOPATH. NO?

by Anonymousreply 225October 16, 2021 7:56 PM

R222- Did Marcia inspire Kubrick?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226October 16, 2021 8:10 PM

[quote]Dania was playing it much too juvenile as the show went on. By the end, she was cooing like a baby girl. It was off putting and took you too much out of the show.

Yes - and it added a creepy vibe to her calling her older (but still good looking Grant Snow) boss/love interest Mr. Spence in that baby girl voice fashion when they had a romantic thing going on. I do remember in the last season she worked for Lucci's character for a bit - and when she was asked by Zoila/Judy Reyes why she did not like her - everyone likes Dania -- Lucci did a pretty spot imitation of of Dania's baby style way of speaking. The role of Genevieve was really tailor made for Lucci's strengths.

by Anonymousreply 227October 16, 2021 10:53 PM

Remember that episode when Wisconsin battleax Lynette was “sexy dancing” at the bar to make Carrie Fisher’s sister feel inadequate?

Definitely the most unrealistic plot point of the entire series.

by Anonymousreply 228October 17, 2021 8:14 AM

Anything on Mike? I had such a huge crush on him.

by Anonymousreply 229October 17, 2021 9:17 AM

I cannot believe Larry made a thread and then disappear. We are still waiting for the detailed description, from the body to personality and sexual preference, of all the DILFS.

by Anonymousreply 230October 17, 2021 2:17 PM

Donna mills implied Nicolette was difficult for producers on knots landing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231October 17, 2021 2:22 PM

That guy who played Angie's sexy son had a gorgeous cock.

by Anonymousreply 232October 17, 2021 2:24 PM

R232 link please

by Anonymousreply 233October 17, 2021 2:25 PM

R233 just type Beau Mirchoff nude. He was exposed having a wank

by Anonymousreply 234October 17, 2021 2:27 PM

He was wanking over these

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235October 17, 2021 2:55 PM

Beau Mirchoff was the sexiest guy on the show with a very nice hairy body but I wouldn’t exactly describe his cock as gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 236October 17, 2021 3:53 PM

Beau Mirchoff in action:

I don't remember him at all from the show, but yes, he is sexy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237October 17, 2021 5:23 PM

Nicollete was always a cunt. What has she done lately?

by Anonymousreply 238October 17, 2021 5:57 PM

I think she was on Dynasty for a time.

by Anonymousreply 239October 17, 2021 7:02 PM

Funny how Donna assumes Nicolette was studying her performances for tips and education. Nicolette was likely just watching for laughs and later ridicule. Looks like Donna took the "Abby Scale" a little too seriously.

And as much as I enjoy anyone spilling tea, she claimed Alec Baldwin was fired from KL because he got fat. LOL. Was she calling him Alex too?

by Anonymousreply 240October 18, 2021 2:14 AM

Michelle Lee said in an interview that when Knots wrapped Nicolette shrugged it off and was apathetic, "whatever." Michelle also implied she felt threatened by Nicolette's age and beauty.

It's too bad that Nicolette had problems on DH and the Dynasty reboot. Is she viewed by Hollywood as toxic at this point?

by Anonymousreply 241October 18, 2021 2:51 AM

Nicolette was set on leaving Knots Landing at the end of season 13 because she hated the Pierce Lawton romance/storyline (who could blame her for that though) but after Ann Marcus came back to clean up the mess the crappy new showrunners messes, they convinced her to return for the final season. I think she thought she had a good shot at a movie career and of course it didn't happen.

Michele got pissed once when Nicolette showed up for a photoshoot in her wedding dress. It made the tabloids and newspapers.

I don't see Nicolette getting another big project again. It's too bad, she can be a lot of fun in the right role and when motivated.

by Anonymousreply 242October 18, 2021 4:36 AM

Nicolette’s pussy stinks!

by Anonymousreply 243October 18, 2021 4:52 AM

Nicolette was great in theater

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244October 18, 2021 5:10 AM

[Quote] It's too bad that Nicolette had problems on DH and the Dynasty reboot.

Nicolette wasn't the only one. They have replaced the actress who plays Cristal 3 times on the Dynasty reboot.

by Anonymousreply 245October 18, 2021 6:13 AM

Plus the actor who played Steven dropped out shortly after S2 started. Show is a mess!!

by Anonymousreply 246October 18, 2021 6:14 AM

I’d love to know what’s going on backstage at Dynasty. Who’s the impossible cunt to work with?

by Anonymousreply 247October 18, 2021 6:25 AM

R247 maybe someone bts?? I never hear anything positive from crew about working on a CW show.

by Anonymousreply 248October 18, 2021 6:57 AM

[quote] Michelle also implied she felt threatened by Nicolette's age and beauty.

While far from unattractive herself, I imagine this was likely a chronic issue for Lee with all of the actresses on the show -- many of whom were beautiful, blonde, and California golden types. Lee always stood out as very, shall we say, East Coast.

by Anonymousreply 249October 18, 2021 11:47 AM

Doesn't the Dynasty reboot get pretty low ratings even for CW? I was surprised when it got renewed for season 2 much less making it to season 5.

by Anonymousreply 250October 18, 2021 12:09 PM

Doesn't the Dynasty reboot get pretty low ratings even for CW? I was surprised when it got renewed for season 2 much less making it to season 5.

by Anonymousreply 251October 18, 2021 12:10 PM

Apparently, the Dyanasty reboot does better on streaming and was sold internationally and has a following there, which saved it from being canceled.

by Anonymousreply 252October 18, 2021 12:25 PM

Re: the new Dynasty. The damned thing not onky makes no sense; it's zero fun. It's dull. Storylines start and get dropped, characters suddenly break out into song even outside of the godawful musical episodes. No one seems to be having any fun. I gave up this season after hoping it would become what it should have been. I'd love to know what the story is BTS because that show is a fucking mess. Far better shows deserve five seasons; this Dynasty did not.

by Anonymousreply 253October 19, 2021 2:21 AM

CW doesn't care about live ratings. Otherwise half of their shows wouldn't make it past season 1.

by Anonymousreply 254October 19, 2021 5:54 AM

Back to Felicity Huffman. Her "acclaimed" performance in Transamerica has a backstory. The director had already cast trans actress Alexandra Billings in the lead role, which is what he intended. Then Felicity and her husband threw a lot of money at the producers and the director was ordered to recast Felicity in the lead. He ust didn't have enough power to fight the studio, so he bitterly complied. The director cried when he had to call Alex to break the news. Watch this film now and cringe.

by Anonymousreply 255October 19, 2021 12:35 PM

Wow. That's some story, R255.

The movie IS cringeworthy, IMHO. Huffman was hailed as "stunning and brave" at the time with an Oscar nom, a SAG nom, and other acting noms. Which is shocking, not because she's not transgender, but because she's just okay in it. Nothing stunning about her performance or the rest of that movie, for that matter.

TRANSAMERICA is/was Oscar bait, and deservedly forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 256October 19, 2021 4:24 PM

Kevin Zegers flashed his cock in it, so not entirely forgotten

by Anonymousreply 257October 19, 2021 4:50 PM

Felicity's secret weapon is her respected and popular husband, who may not be a household name but he is well-liked in the industry.

Nicolette should get involved with a cause that would give her good press and rehabilitate her image. Dynasty sucks and departures may be frequent, but it played into the "she's trouble" whispers.

by Anonymousreply 258October 19, 2021 5:42 PM

[quote] The director cried when he had to call Alex to break the news. Watch this film now and cringe.

If I would ever deign to watch this movie I'd cringe over the director being either such a wuss or such a phony.

by Anonymousreply 259October 19, 2021 5:49 PM

Real Housewives of Beverly Hills fans have wanted Nicolette on for a while now since she was married to both Lisa Rinna and Denise Richards’s husbands but production won’t go near her with a ten foot pole.

by Anonymousreply 260October 19, 2021 6:08 PM

Don’t they have to be “housewives” on that show? Is Nicolette even married to anyone?

by Anonymousreply 261October 19, 2021 6:18 PM

R261 she was married thrice. Susan wasn't technically a housewife when the series began. Lynette wasn't a housewife when she went back to work in s2

by Anonymousreply 262October 19, 2021 6:38 PM

[quote] Nothing stunning about her performance or the rest of that movie, for that matter.

I think Huffman was very brave for playing a MTF transgender character without makeup. #keepingitreal

by Anonymousreply 263October 19, 2021 10:17 PM

No, not all the RHOBH housewives are wives—Brandi & Kim weren’t married, I’m sure there were more.

by Anonymousreply 264October 20, 2021 2:11 AM

R262, you are mistaken Sheridan was only married twice.

by Anonymousreply 265October 20, 2021 12:31 PM

You know what no one ever says?

Vanessa Williams was so great on Desperate Housewives.

by Anonymousreply 266October 20, 2021 12:39 PM

R266 and??

by Anonymousreply 267October 20, 2021 12:46 PM

Wasn't there a rumor that Huffman and Macy are swingers and use it as one of their many ways to network?

by Anonymousreply 268October 20, 2021 1:07 PM

[quote]Wasn't there a rumor that Huffman and Macy are swingers and use it as one of their many ways to network?

Well, there is NOW...

by Anonymousreply 269October 20, 2021 1:13 PM

That Larry made a post and then disappeared. WTF. I am still waiting for story about doug savant and james denton

by Anonymousreply 270October 20, 2021 3:21 PM

R270 Maybe he died.

by Anonymousreply 271October 20, 2021 3:37 PM

He might be Larry Millete, currently on the lam after killing his wife.

by Anonymousreply 272October 20, 2021 3:55 PM

R165 Edie was married thrice

by Anonymousreply 273October 20, 2021 4:13 PM

Vanessa Williams brought some much needed Edie-esque energy to her first season, but on the next (and final) season, she was given nothing to do which was a shame.

by Anonymousreply 274October 20, 2021 4:28 PM

Vanessa had the misfortune of showing up when it seems like the writers had completely run out of stories. Even the main ladies had shit to do. I haven’t gotten to 8 in my rewatch yet but I remember her being stuck in some totally boring romantic subplot with a poor guy? Or maybe he was a criminal?

by Anonymousreply 275October 20, 2021 5:19 PM

[quote]Wasn't there a rumor that Huffman and Macy are swingers and use it as one of their many ways to network?

Who would want to sleep with William H Macy and Felicity Huffman?

by Anonymousreply 276October 20, 2021 5:30 PM

[quote]Vanessa Williams brought some much needed Edie-esque energy to her first season, but on the next (and final) season, she was given nothing to do which was a shame.

I thought it was classy of her to go in on the crew gifts at the end of the show (luggage sets) with Eva, Felicity and Marcia. She wasn't one of the original four and didn't have to do that. Teri didn't.

by Anonymousreply 277October 20, 2021 7:35 PM

[quote] Wasn't there a rumor that Huffman and Macy are swingers

It's always the ones you least suspect

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278October 20, 2021 9:05 PM

Why did Moore have to become so conservative in her later years?

by Anonymousreply 279October 20, 2021 10:54 PM

Marcia deserved the Emmy for season 1

by Anonymousreply 280October 21, 2021 12:31 AM

Had the misfortune of running into Marcia Cross at Shudders in Santa Monica 2011. She was the size of a 12 year old boy. There was nothing to her, she had a sweater on in June. She was whiter than a KKK rally and her eyes looked like death. She’s nasty as well.

by Anonymousreply 281October 21, 2021 2:46 AM

I wouldn't kick William H. Macy out of bed

by Anonymousreply 282October 21, 2021 3:04 AM

William H Macy is short-ish and odd-looking (others have called him homely) but he's fit and gives off big dick energy. He looks like he throws a good mean fuck.

by Anonymousreply 283October 21, 2021 4:32 AM

WHM is attractive?! Compared to whom? Steve Buscemi? Paul Rubens? That would be a hot 3-way: Macy, Buscemi, and Pee-wee Herman.

by Anonymousreply 284October 21, 2021 11:42 PM

R277 - Teri was afraid parts of her would wind up in those luggage sets.

by Anonymousreply 285October 21, 2021 11:58 PM

William H Macy. Yeah that's hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286October 22, 2021 12:08 AM

[quote]She was the size of a 12 year old boy. There was nothing to her, she had a sweater on in June. She was whiter than a KKK rally and her eyes looked like death. She’s nasty as well.

You should host a beauty pageant!

by Anonymousreply 287October 22, 2021 2:31 AM

LOL R286.

by Anonymousreply 288October 22, 2021 3:32 AM

I don’t understand why so many actresses are so pale

by Anonymousreply 289October 22, 2021 4:55 PM

Well, their face is their meal ticket. Damage it or avoid the sun?

by Anonymousreply 290October 22, 2021 5:37 PM

We need sunlight in moderate increments. Pale skin just looks sickly .

by Anonymousreply 291October 23, 2021 12:14 AM

Macy and Huffman seem like the type of people who work out all the time to compensate for their face looking like beef jerky. They always had trim, athletic figures.

by Anonymousreply 292October 23, 2021 2:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!