Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

On the set of Desperate Housewives

I worked on the show between 2006 and 2012 and kept a very detailed journals. I could post some tidbits if you guys want to read it. It was such a long time ago that it does not even matter anymore.

by Anonymousreply 20September 15, 2021 5:05 PM

OP. I would love that! I am a huge DH fan!

by Anonymousreply 1September 13, 2021 2:26 PM

Who was insufferable to work with?

by Anonymousreply 2September 13, 2021 2:27 PM

Wow, I’m right in the middle of a rewatch so this is perfect! The thing I noticed about season five was that something seemed..off. Like there was tension behind the scenes. Was Nicolette supposed to die in the way she did or did they kill her off earlier or unexpectedly? Something seemed weird with Teri Hatcher too in that season. I know there was a lawsuit about Nicolette, but it seemed like something else was going on too.

by Anonymousreply 3September 13, 2021 2:28 PM

Is Marc Cherry secretly buff and sensually attractive in person? He looks like he could throw a great f*ck.

by Anonymousreply 4September 13, 2021 2:51 PM

Which of the men on the show are secretly bi?

by Anonymousreply 5September 13, 2021 3:18 PM

Do you get to see any of the dilf undressed? Would any of them be interest in homosexual experience?

by Anonymousreply 6September 14, 2021 12:02 AM

I want to hear all of it. Why was Terri Hatcher apparently so despised by everyone? Who was nice and who wasn't? Did the actors complain about the quality of the show taking a nose dive?

by Anonymousreply 7September 14, 2021 12:10 AM

Ricardo Chavira--cut or uncut?

by Anonymousreply 8September 14, 2021 12:16 AM

Don’t hint at the tea then abandon the post OP! Drop it. Was Eva Longoria as insufferable as she seems with her Latino Woman agenda? And how could Marc Cherry think anyone would buy that OBESE neckless soda bottle fed fatty was her child?

by Anonymousreply 9September 14, 2021 4:35 AM

[Quote] And how could Marc Cherry think anyone would buy that OBESE neckless soda bottle fed fatty was her child?

How dare you!

by Anonymousreply 10September 14, 2021 1:54 PM

Spill.

by Anonymousreply 11September 14, 2021 1:56 PM

Gals, I think we've been hoaxed

by Anonymousreply 12September 14, 2021 1:59 PM

This Larry disappears

by Anonymousreply 13September 14, 2021 10:57 PM

That's annoying to pretend like you have some hot gossip and then leave.

Not OP, but in another thread, I mentioned an old blind item I saw maybe in the late 2000s that hinted that one of the women starring in Desperate Housewives was about to come out as gay and with a female partner. People commented that they figured it was Marcia Cross. Months later, nothing. Years later, nothing. Whoever it was never came out, so I suppose it's possible that the person lost courage or the blind item was fake.

by Anonymousreply 14September 14, 2021 11:16 PM

What a dick tease of a thread.

by Anonymousreply 15September 14, 2021 11:21 PM

[quote]Not OP, but in another thread, I mentioned an old blind item I saw maybe in the late 2000s that hinted that one of the women starring in Desperate Housewives was about to come out as gay and with a female partner. People commented that they figured it was Marcia Cross. Months later, nothing. Years later, nothing. Whoever it was never came out, so I suppose it's possible that the person lost courage or the blind item was fake.

Gurl, that was about 2005 and it started HERE at DL and DL was mentioned on gossip blogs and websites and it drove the first big outsider push onto this site. Before that, DL was fairly insular bi-coastal creative gay bitchery site where you wouldn't dare post anything that wasn't your best work and devastatingly funny cause these professional writer bitches here were MEAN.

Also, I believe Marcia was going to come out and the leaked rumor spooked her so badly that she not only failed to come out, she went on The View to promote her hetero bonafides and then SHE QUICKLY MARRIED someone connected to her agent, if I recall.

by Anonymousreply 16September 15, 2021 2:48 AM

Eva Longoria is pathetic. First of all, she was totally miscast as a former model. Short little bitch.

Second of all, she’s American. She can roll her “r”s as much as she wants, but she’s no more Latin than anyone else born and raised here.

by Anonymousreply 17September 15, 2021 2:53 AM

R14 - Do people think Marcia Cross is straight?

by Anonymousreply 18September 15, 2021 3:31 AM

[quote]Eva Longoria is pathetic. First of all, she was totally miscast as a former model. Short little bitch.

Wrong - everyone knows the ideal super model is 5' 2' in heels.

I actually thought Longoria was the one character who improved as the series continued. Maybe because she was more green when it started, but thought she developed good comedic timing. It is too bad her Telenova show was not given more of a chance.

I suspect the OP was a fake knowing from past Desperate Housewives threads that he would get a reaction. Even if there was a true insider now, not sure how much new would be revealed that was not discussed in great detail in past threads.

by Anonymousreply 19September 15, 2021 12:41 PM

Longoria was great as Gabby. Very funny and gorgeous to boot.

by Anonymousreply 20September 15, 2021 5:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!