Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I got banned from shopping at Nordstrom because of my high return rate.

They sent me a nasty letter. I do return a lot, but always with the tags on and unused. The store by me has very little inventory in the men’s department, so I shop online. I had to buy 4 pairs of jeans to find the perfect pair to keep. I worked at Nordstrom in college, and never heard of anyone getting cut off. I guess they’re cracking down? I used a different email address and credit card to place another order…we will see if it works.

by Anonymousreply 195November 22, 2021 3:56 PM

What did they say in this nasty letter?

by Anonymousreply 1September 12, 2021 8:58 PM

I condole you for being found out in your little scamming operation, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2September 12, 2021 9:01 PM

Fuck 'em, OP. I'm with you. If they shops are all we have left and have to go online to find any inventory, they leave us no choice. What ever happened to customer service??

by Anonymousreply 3September 12, 2021 9:02 PM

You must return A LOT. Being banned for excessive returns is not that unusual when you abuse their policy.

by Anonymousreply 4September 12, 2021 9:04 PM

There are loads of people doing “Did Not Arrive” scams recently (and this other one I don’t understand as well where they adjust the return label and return rocks). For the DNA, the scammers rack up a lot of purchases and legit returns before they mail order something of significant value and say it didn’t arrive. Many companies are cutting people off with a high return rate even if it’s legit due to this.

by Anonymousreply 5September 12, 2021 9:05 PM

Nordstrom is really going downhill fast. They would have never done this at their peak. Between their famous return anything from anytime EVEN IF WORN policy going down the tubes to their shitty Chinese crap, I hardly shop with them, and I used to be a dedicated.customer.

by Anonymousreply 6September 12, 2021 9:11 PM

Amazon has been doing this for a while.

by Anonymousreply 7September 12, 2021 9:12 PM

My friend was banned from Nordstrom for the same reason, about two years ago. She ordered massive amounts of clothes and, usually, returned all of them. The nearest Nordstrom is about a 45 minute drive one way, so she ordered online. First, they stopped allowing her free-shipping returns. So she started driving to the store to return in person. After a few months of this, they cut her off all together.

Some days, she would text me a pic of the pile of packages she received that day. I suggested that she drive to the store once a month, try on clothing in the store, and buy only what she liked and what fit her. But this was not what she wanted. Honestly, I think she was low-key addicted to receiving packages.

Maybe this is your situation, OP?

by Anonymousreply 8September 12, 2021 9:19 PM

R1, it said that my rate of returns is outside of normal customer activity. I understand that they have to pay for shipping and returns, but they can resell all of the items that I return. I have also purchased several very expensive designer items, which I have kept. I would think that those purchases alone would make it worth it for them to have me as a customer. I think that the alternate account may work…I will also start shopping at Neiman’s (although I don’t think their customer service is great either).

by Anonymousreply 9September 12, 2021 9:20 PM

You sound insufferable, trying on all different sizes until you find something you like.

by Anonymousreply 10September 12, 2021 9:23 PM

If an alternate account won't work, use prepaid debit cards and have the stuff shipped to a friend's house. I'm sure there are ways of getting around this policy.

by Anonymousreply 11September 12, 2021 9:26 PM

I wish those bitches at Nordstrom would ban me for returning shit I dont like to them. I would take to social media to put them on full blast. I buy cheapy work clothes from Nordstrom and Rack and most of that shit barely holds up a year. I also heard their online sales have struggled during the pandemic, serves those cunts right for having such shitty customer service policies. I also buy varying sizes of the same shirt or pants and only keep my size. If those bitches don't like it maybe they are too sensitive to be in the online clothes business. That is the only way you can successfully shop online for clothes during the pandemic, and a lot of people will continue shopping this way.

by Anonymousreply 12September 12, 2021 9:27 PM

Bitch, face it. You been cut OFF!

by Anonymousreply 13September 12, 2021 9:31 PM

Nordstrom Rack opened a store where i live about 3 or 4 years ago. When it first opened it was great, all kinds of designer labels and nice clothes. Now they hardly carry anything designer in store. Maybe it's due to theft? i don't know, but the quality has gone down.

by Anonymousreply 14September 12, 2021 9:35 PM

Take your muscle relaxer and diet pill, r12. You sound a right mess!

by Anonymousreply 15September 12, 2021 9:38 PM

OP do you have the Nordstrom credit card?

r14 Ive also noticed the quality and selection of the items in the store and online has noticeably declined in the last two or three years. They are on the fast track to becoming ROSS. Whew chile, the ghetto

by Anonymousreply 16September 12, 2021 9:39 PM

OP buys something on Friday, wears it over the weekend and returns it Monday.

by Anonymousreply 17September 12, 2021 9:53 PM

Hasnt Nordstrom filed for bankruptcy?

by Anonymousreply 18September 12, 2021 9:57 PM

Nordstrom has stated its boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 19September 12, 2021 10:02 PM

I buy so much crap from and return so much crap to Amazon I'm just waiting to get banned. But instead last time I bought something, they gave me a "courtesy discount" of $15! They love me no matter what I do!! It's probably because I'm thin and good-looking.

I think there's a lesson in my story for OP.

by Anonymousreply 20September 12, 2021 10:04 PM

OP is why we can't have nice things

by Anonymousreply 21September 12, 2021 10:06 PM

I have only worked in a retail operation once and after years of restaurants and civil service jobs, I can say that that was the worst. We had a woman from New Jersey (shop was in Boston) that would order upwards of $5,000 worth of stuff (phone calls, "do you have it in navy? Not midnight navy, navy navy," needed it the next day, the whole shebang). It all came back. To her credit almost immediately so it's not like she was getting things, wearing it for a night and returning the items. But we did pay the shipping for returns. Oh -- and it also had to be FedEx so it would come off her card immediately because her husband checked her card.

Anecdotal, yes, but multiply this by thousands and there has to be a staffing situation involved. I went into a Macy's not long ago and there was nothing on the shelves. The fat whores are just sitting around shopping online to get their fix of having lots of "surprises" waiting for them at the door, like they're children.

by Anonymousreply 22September 12, 2021 10:12 PM

Practically all 'adults" are children now It's the juvenalization of American culture.

by Anonymousreply 23September 12, 2021 10:18 PM

OP, you should stay away from Nordstrom and shop at the real high-end stores -- Marshall's, Ross, and Burlington -- like the typical DLer.

by Anonymousreply 24September 13, 2021 12:42 AM

Haha this happened to my sister at TJ Maxx. She’d have a trunk full of clothing and shit. She had a price tag gun and reattach the tags when she was done with the items. Sometimes she’d have ME return the items she paid cash for. This was years ago.

She said the last time she was in there, she had two employees following her around. I think they have facial recognition software installed, and she was flagged.

by Anonymousreply 25September 13, 2021 12:51 AM

I don’t know the law in the US, but in the UK they can’t sell returned items as new, especially clothes. So a shop will lose a lot of money if people continually return things

by Anonymousreply 26September 13, 2021 12:56 AM

Fuck Nordstrom. They allow influencers to return constantly, buy before the sale starts and drive us insane with their rstyle links.

by Anonymousreply 27September 13, 2021 12:57 AM

OP, you have a sickness. You are not exhibiting normal behavior.

by Anonymousreply 28September 13, 2021 1:00 AM

[quote] Fuck Nordstrom. They allow influencers to return constantly, buy before the sale starts and drive us insane with their rstyle links.

I am outraged! We should petition Congress to pass a law that prevents us from following influencers on social media. It is unfair that I have no self control and have to follow them!

by Anonymousreply 29September 13, 2021 1:03 AM

OP you must be a horrible person and completely oblivious to that fact. There is no other explanation.

by Anonymousreply 30September 13, 2021 1:06 AM

No r18. But Neimann Marcus did.

by Anonymousreply 31September 13, 2021 1:11 AM

I'm sort of on OP's side here.

Stores of all kinds are starting to keep slim in store inventory and make people order what they DO have online. In some cases, we're being charged for the privilege of receiving the shipment and charged again to send it back.

And the quality of so many things have diminished in the last few years. Underwear, shoes, slippers.....all vastly downhill. I just got an order from what had been a mid range American brand that I had depended on for great items, especially shoes, and the thing they sent me was Chinese garbage.

by Anonymousreply 32September 13, 2021 1:13 AM

Reminds me of when I got kicked out of church for using my thigh master in 1995

by Anonymousreply 33September 13, 2021 1:41 AM

Well. I had to get real about my, 'Shopping Bulimia'. The penny dropped when I walked into a very busy store which had loads of customers, so how could they know me, just another face in the crowd. Sailed right up to the customer service w. my stuff in their bags w. all correct receipts. The girl at the desk looked me dead in the eye & said, Oh hi, you again & what are we returning today.

I loved the buying, was over budget so got into 'Shopping Bulimia'. Bitch blew my game & I stopped.

by Anonymousreply 34September 13, 2021 1:42 AM

This happened when I worked at (gasp) - Banana Republic - at the mall. There was one particularly nutty lady who would come every two weeks buy 10-15 things from the sale rack and then return 2 weeks later to return it all. And then she would show up two days later to buy another 10-15 things and on and on. She would bring the returned clothes back in a duffel bag and had a specific folder to hold all her recepits. She would even sometimes call ahead to see if her favorite clerk was working so that they could process her returns. She was banned from several other Banana Republic stores and eventually from the one I worked at.

Working in retail sucks!

by Anonymousreply 35September 13, 2021 1:49 AM

I know how you feel R27!! It's just like when someone else eats the body of the dead fly and just leaves the wings!

by Anonymousreply 36September 13, 2021 2:02 AM

i returned something at Nordstrom once, and they threw a fit. I had my receipt and it was in their computer system. I always heard they had an excellent return policy, but this is bogus. Nordstrom sucks.

I don't shop there regularly anymore. I only go in, if I am dragged in by someone. It is a huge loss in sales for them.

by Anonymousreply 37September 13, 2021 2:09 AM

OP, they banned you because your FAT WHORE ASS was stretching out all the clothes!!! You refuse to admit that it's been 25 years since you wore a Size Medium. Now, put down the cheesecake and go to Caftans.com and accept your destiny!!!

by Anonymousreply 38September 13, 2021 2:19 AM

A customer is someone who purchases goods or services. You are a returner and you are costing this company money, Karen.

by Anonymousreply 39September 13, 2021 2:20 AM

With deodorant stains and body secretions, r17

by Anonymousreply 40September 13, 2021 2:27 AM

r39 if the customer knows you are going to be a bitch about returning something that will discourage them from shopping there all together.

That's like Amazon wanting me to pay for return shipping when I already pay for Prime. As if gurl!

by Anonymousreply 41September 13, 2021 2:30 AM

OP is Brenda Dickson!!!

by Anonymousreply 42September 13, 2021 2:32 AM

I worked at Mervyn's when I was 19, and worked the returns table on the day after Christmas. It was a nightmare. People would bring in any old shit, and we had to try to look it up in giant books of item codes. Of course, no-one had a receipt for anything, wanted cash, and expected ridiculous amounts of money for things that were obviously cheap, and hap been purchased years ago, not during the Christmas season.

People brought in dirty clothes, clothes with tags from other stores, homemade sweaters, small appliances (Mervyn's didn't sell electrics.) I pointed out to one that the tag was from Fred Meyer, and the woman had a screaming fit in the middle of the store.

Retail is a fucking nightmare, and people are horrible.

by Anonymousreply 43September 13, 2021 2:38 AM

Not to mention women who smell like Cheryl buying underwear from Victoria's Secret and trying to return them after having worn them!

by Anonymousreply 44September 13, 2021 2:40 AM

With stores closing and staying closed, we will be forced to order everything including food from the company store "Amazon". No more in store purchases. No more in store returns.

by Anonymousreply 45September 13, 2021 2:42 AM

r43 well yes that sounds like it was a nightmare but that was in the stone age. Now the retailers dont even have to deal with customers face to face, they are only getting returns of their items, with the return code right there for them to scan. And they still have the nerve to complain.

by Anonymousreply 46September 13, 2021 2:45 AM

Was it an actual snail mail letter OP?

by Anonymousreply 47September 13, 2021 2:46 AM

I got banned from shoplifting at Nordstrom’s…….and Macy’s……..and JC Penny………and the Dollar Tree.

I really need a hit movie.

by Anonymousreply 48September 13, 2021 2:53 AM

I'm on Nordstrom's side. OP's not being honest - he just doesn't like going into a store so he feels he can have the store delivered to him and then he gets to pick and choose like they're his personal shopper.

You abused the system because you thought you could after working at Nordstrom's for a summer.

You're the asshole OP.

by Anonymousreply 49September 13, 2021 3:01 AM

You were flagged and blacklisted OP, Neiman Marcus does this too.

by Anonymousreply 50September 13, 2021 3:09 AM

TJ Maxx sister and Boston lady sound mentally ill. I won't judge OP one way or the other but we only have one side of the story. What seems reasonable to the buyer may seem unreasonable to the people working at the store. I used to work at Macy's and Penney's many moons ago and there was a difference between people who returned things normally and people who were not mentally well and frequently buying/returning things as an expression of whatever they had going on.

by Anonymousreply 51September 13, 2021 3:11 AM

The only way a store bans someone for frequent returns is when their purchases and returns basically align. OP is a chronic time waster and returner I'm glad his cheap mentally ill fucking ass was banned.

by Anonymousreply 52September 13, 2021 3:18 AM

R51 - well, 'one side of the story' - a company who is famous for having the easiest returns in the retail industry took a risk to ban a customer. I don't think we need to hear both sides.

Nordstrom would never do that to a customer or the negative PR over a petty issue. Companies don't do that.

OP clearly severely abused the system. There is no other side of the story.

by Anonymousreply 53September 13, 2021 3:39 AM

LL Bean revamped their famous return policy because of scammers. I have a friend who worked in customer service there a few years ago and they were losing an obscene amount of money from people returning worn out clothes, dirty clothes, and decades old items and saying they "did not hold up as expected" and wanted a refund. Which they got.

She said they had a "bad list" too, and did eventually ban some people. She said one guy in particular was known for sending in a box of returns once a month, and it was clearly yard sale and thrift store items. No receipts he said they were all gifts. Jerks like that ruin it for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 54September 13, 2021 4:00 AM

Nordstrom just didn't want clothing back that the OP had farted in. They said they could tell what he'd eaten down to the serving, the stench was so profuse. They couldn't even donate the clothing afterwards because the homeless refused to touch it. All the items had to be burned.

by Anonymousreply 55September 13, 2021 4:11 AM

From working in retail I learned that what was returned was thrown right back out on the floor. Nothing was washed.

by Anonymousreply 56September 13, 2021 4:14 AM

Nordstrom actually revamped their return policy around a year ago. Google it- it was very big news at the time. I recall many lesser IG/Blogger types who threw fits. They still shill, just for Walmart and Lilly Pulitzer now.

by Anonymousreply 57September 13, 2021 4:53 AM

I love how people think they can abuse a system and that companies are under some obligation to serve them and keep them as customers.

OP knew what he was doing and knew it was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 58September 13, 2021 5:02 AM

My guess is you're single because you treat men the same way - just exchange one for another, repeatedly.

by Anonymousreply 59September 13, 2021 6:08 AM

This is why you shop to your heart's content and then empty your electric shopping cart - same buzz without the consumerist guilt.

by Anonymousreply 60September 13, 2021 7:00 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61September 13, 2021 7:30 AM

OP, maybe instead of continuing your scam you should take in what they’re telling you which is YOU’RE A FUCKING PSYCHO.

You ain’t right.

by Anonymousreply 62September 13, 2021 7:36 AM

If would almost rather cut a limb off than return an article of clothing. It's something I inherited from my father.

Mistakes like that are to be lived with, i.e. thrown in the clothes recycling dumpster and never spoken of again.

Unless I were on good terms with the shopkeeper, I wouldn't even think to return defective items unless they were well over 100 in cost.

It just seems like a ridiculous girl thing to do, to buy loads of clothes, then decide they are not as "cute" as they were in the store/online catalogue, and ship them all back. For some women this is somehow good sport, but what fucking torture for me.

by Anonymousreply 63September 13, 2021 7:40 AM

I was banned by Macy's changing room security. They said I was "traumatizing" the mirrors!!!!

by Anonymousreply 64September 13, 2021 7:55 AM

[quote]I pointed out to one that the tag was from Fred Meyer, and the woman had a screaming fit in the middle of the store.

I had the opposite happen to me once. My boyfriend at the time bought a huge package of D batteries when we needed C batteries, so I took them back to Walmart with the receipt, wanting an exchange, and they said they didn't take batteries as returns or exchanges. I didn't know that and all I said was, "Really?" and the return clerk started screaming and throwing things around, I thought they were having a legitimate fit of some kind. She was speaking but it wasn't actually words. Kind of impressive.

by Anonymousreply 65September 13, 2021 8:20 AM

[quote]I had to buy 4 pairs of jeans to find the perfect pair to keep.

I don't understand this. You might have to buy two pairs, but four is ridiculous. You have to have narrowed your size down better than that by now, surely?

by Anonymousreply 66September 13, 2021 8:24 AM

Two things in defense of people who buy a lot online and return a lot:

1) If you're a deal hunter, sites like Macys and Nordstrom Rack will entice you with big sales on clearance items (such as shoes). If a shoe goes to clearance, there's a good chance the size is fucked up and not accurate. I used to buy 8-10 pairs at a time during big sales, sometimes returning all but one. And often, I'd buy a shoe in two sizes because its on clearance and if i liked it, there's no way to get the bigger/smaller size because they'd be sold out by the time the first pair arrives.

2) Due to factory bullshit and outsourcing, sizing is incredibly variable. If you're a fit guy rocking a small t-shirt, a small generally fits you. you can wear it, even if its a bit snug or baggy for your preference. if you're larger, sizing is a free for all. I had an experience recently where I bought a shirt for a specific activity off Amazon in an XL and it was too small. Went to Old Navy and got an XL. Too big even after washing/drying. So I bought a large from Old Navy. Fits fine. Went back to Old Navy and picked up 3 more large T-shirts. Too snug, totally different fit. Thought i had checked the labels to see that they were the same design/fit as the large that fit me ok. I'd washed them at this point, they'll fit when i lose a few lbs so I kept them. But this is how many people deal with buying clothes--every single item needs to be tried on and many don't fit.

by Anonymousreply 67September 13, 2021 8:31 AM

OP has a yo-yo weight, fluctuating 2 sizes up and 2 sizes down every week?

by Anonymousreply 68September 13, 2021 8:33 AM

Just start lifting them, OP. If they don’t like it, they shouldn’t have banned you.

by Anonymousreply 69September 13, 2021 8:48 AM

People who constantly return things raise prices for the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 70September 13, 2021 8:49 AM

People who return things all the time are the reason we have IMs, voicemail, and ghosting - drag everyone into your indecisiveness.

by Anonymousreply 71September 13, 2021 9:05 AM

Good. You are causing them lots of additional work and therefore cost - they do not need customers like you. The entitlement is strong in this one!

I remember being in a shop once and saw a woman returning armfuls of clothing, I can understand when someone has the odd thing every so often they need to return and have of course done it myself but if you are frequently doing this with multiple items then YOU are the problem. Sort your life out ffs.

by Anonymousreply 72September 13, 2021 10:13 AM

Quality control sucks. Even within a brand. You'll get one item very well finished. Another has a badly done zipper or seams. The sizing sucks. Even within a brand. Sizing is worse when shopping online in Europe as there is no uniform sizing standard and the sellers don't bother getting their equivalents accurate. And the brick and mortar shops do NOT carry the range so one can only buy online.

This is a lose lose cycle we are in. Every time I have ordered clothes online, half get returned.

I liked shopping in the 80s and 90s. There was a lot of range and variety. Luxury was lux then, too. Shops had service and department stores had deep inventory.

by Anonymousreply 73September 13, 2021 11:05 AM

I condole you, OP.

Perhaps you should try a crack addiction for a change of pace.

by Anonymousreply 74September 13, 2021 11:11 AM

Who even shops in 2021? Aren’t you all mostly working remote? I haven’t had the need to get new clothes in years. Let the clothing companies suffer. Return at your will girls!

by Anonymousreply 75September 13, 2021 12:28 PM

Former Rack and full-line Nordstrom shop bottom, here. OP isn't telling the full story. To get the letter it would have taken an investigation by loss prevention. Aside from potentially committing return fraud, repeat large returns cause the company to lose exponential amounts of money (those four pairs of jeans you held on to for six months only to return at full price, are now not going to be sold at full price). We had folks that would do that to see if we would put it back on the rack on clearance, where they would then rebuy.

by Anonymousreply 76September 13, 2021 12:34 PM

Also OP you and your types and the ones that would make our line so damn long, rolling up with your fucking BOXES of HauteLook and online returns.

by Anonymousreply 77September 13, 2021 12:39 PM

r49 ancient Nordstrom is competing with Amazon, who has Prime Wardrobe which functions exactly as you state, the retailer being the "personal shopper" for the customer. And Im sure Amazon gets the product to the customer in half the time Nordstrom does. It would behoove Nordstrom since they are struggling with online sales to get with the times.

People don't buy clothes as much as they used to, so when they do you dont give them a hard time. You people with weird moral standards regarding returns are ridiculous. It is a business and when you are failing you have to evolve. You can always deny a refund or issue partial refunds, but to deny someone returning unused items is a terrible business move and provides a bad experience for the customer.

[quote]“Nordstrom’s absolute and relative performance remains underwhelming.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78September 13, 2021 12:52 PM

Adding that a while back I got a passive-aggressive note from Audible that they had "noticed you have returned books after listening for a while" (paraphrased), which I took as a hint that I was being soft-flagged as a possible freebie-scammer.

Those were ones where well under halfway through I decided I was forcing myself to continue when I really wanted to bail on it.

by Anonymousreply 79September 13, 2021 1:27 PM

R78 I don't necessarily agree with the people here that are anti returns, but it does seem to be wasteful on all fronts. The gas to get it there, the pollution making these clothes, only to return them and possibly be useless for resale. I don't totally blane customers either though. You shouldn't be stuck with clothing that doesn't fit.

These stores are dying a slow death anyway, so maybe they are starting to say fuck it with pain the ass customers.

by Anonymousreply 80September 13, 2021 1:28 PM

Businesses should SERVE US no matter the loss. Let’s bring real Wokeness to the businesses.

by Anonymousreply 81September 13, 2021 1:55 PM

[quote]I got banned from shopping at Nordstrom because of my high return rate.

Given the opportunity OP, I'd return you as well.

by Anonymousreply 82September 13, 2021 1:57 PM

Let’s be real… only a certain type of clientele go back and forth to the store and return things constantly. They almost always feel entitled and have an air of superiority about them. I would be embarrassed to return fine clothes. It would make me look déclassé.

by Anonymousreply 83September 13, 2021 1:57 PM

[quote]I have also purchased several very expensive designer items, which I have kept.

I'm sure your Liz Claiborne pantsuits are lovely.

by Anonymousreply 84September 13, 2021 2:16 PM

R81 - you're trying to be funny, right?

And R78 is on his way to be banned himself. You act like they don't take returns - they do. But this is an egregious amount.

If you choose to live in Bumfucke and you're not close to any stores, then that's on you and one of the downsides of where you chose to live.

And how often do you buy something where it fits perfectly 100% straight off the rack? If you're buying some pricier clothes, then GET THEM TAILORED.

Problem solved. Stop acting like Nordstrom doesn't take returns - they do - a ton of them. But stop wasting their time and money.

by Anonymousreply 85September 13, 2021 2:17 PM

I was at the Nordstrom shoe department like ten years ago buying slightly overpriced Allen Edmonds. This 50 something haggard looking white WASP entitled aging bro brought in these ANCIENT looking worn dress shoes saying he wanted to exchange them. I was so disgusted that I never went back, not wanting to subsidize losers like that.

by Anonymousreply 86September 13, 2021 2:19 PM

I have a friend who worked at Banana Republic in college. He said it was shocking what people would return.

One day a rather large woman returned a white unitard that looked worn. He asked if she had worn it and she acted angry that she had even been asked, "NO!"

When he picked it up, he noticed enormous skidmarks around the crotch. He picked the garment up with two coathangers and dropped it in the trash. And then had to refund her, as it was store policy.

He said it was very common for people to "return" things they had shoplifted at other stores (or even their store) and had "lost" the receipt.

by Anonymousreply 87September 13, 2021 2:20 PM

OP here. I returned to work 6 months ago, after losing some weight, and wanted a new wardrobe. I needed new things for summer (plus two vacations) and recently started shopping for fall. I don’t always shop like this. I always check to see if an item is in stock at my local store before purchasing. 95% of the time the item is not in stock in my size, at the brick and mortar store. The interesting thing is that 75% of the items are shipped directly from the manufacturer. Things used to be shipped mostly from Nordstrom stores or warehouses. I suppose that cutting out the middleman saves shipping costs and Nordstrom employee time, but it makes it impossible to try things on.

by Anonymousreply 88September 13, 2021 2:21 PM

R79 you do sound like a scammer to be honest. I get it if every once in a while you get something that after 15 minutes of listening to, you realise it's not for you and return it - but if you're frequently trying to get a refund on something that you bought and just didn't like, that's just poor manners at best and fraudulent at worst. It's not their fault you are unable to curate things that you will actually enjoy, and it's bizarre to me that you feel so entitled as to expect refunds just because you don't like something.

The customer isn't always right, as this thread proves. Sometimes, the customer is an entitled cunt.

by Anonymousreply 89September 13, 2021 2:29 PM

[quote]  I had to buy 4 pairs of jeans to find the perfect pair to keep

I didn't know Nordstrom closed their fitting rooms. I am sorry OP, but with this kind of behavior, people like you and R8's jerk of a friend should've been banned from the store. I have hooked up with and kept in touch with plenty of shop bottoms and entitled customers like you and those that run scams like the ones in this thread are a nuisance. Also, higher end stores in the 1980's would've banned a customer like that. I strongly suggest you read this book.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90September 13, 2021 2:33 PM

R10 - no, honey, he's insufferable because he was too lazy to try on different things until he found the right size IN THE STORE. I mean, isn't it more trouble to return shit and take two trips to and from the store instead of one, deal with the return process, stand in line, etc. and cost the store and yourself wasted time and money. Just try shit on there. It takes 10 minutes max. Jeez. Entitled, shitty older Karens in rich neighborhoods do that. They drive EVERYONE crazy. And trust me, when they see the "serial returners" coming, everyone secretly cusses them out, or gives them erroneous info. I know from my exes.

by Anonymousreply 91September 13, 2021 2:39 PM

That OP STILL wants to shop from a store that has banned him tells you that he is the victim of a compulsion. He needs to address that. In fact, a lot of the behavior described on this thread--the constant over-purchases and returns--are symptoms of addiction.

by Anonymousreply 92September 13, 2021 2:40 PM

R89 - I don't know how it is in the UK, but in the US, in more affluent areas that have shops like this there is a general type of woman or queen that does this on a regular basis. Usually, they have expensive watches, cars and usually aren't 100% sincere about returning. In fact, many use things like purses and wear items with the tags concealed and then return them. Sometimes they even claim they were "victims" (this bracelet made my skin break out...can I get some coupons, discounts, etc.)? I think there is more reason than just ill fit that made Nordstrom finally 86 (American for ban) OP. Cashiers and everyone is onto their game.

by Anonymousreply 93September 13, 2021 2:43 PM

R88 - so, because of your weight loss, you were unsure of your sizes and yet you still decided to get the store delivered instead of trying clothes on to see what size you currently are?

The comments here about sizing being so random has a little bit of truth to it - but not so much for men's pants which are measured by waist and length. Yes, some have more give than others, but in general, they are some of the most standardized clothing items you can buy.

And OP acts like he was banned for this ONE TIME where he ordered 4 pairs of jeans. Nope. Be honest OP - how much did you really order?

And also - who was going back into the office 6 months ago when vaccines were just starting to be administered?

OP isn't being truthful - about anything.

by Anonymousreply 94September 13, 2021 3:00 PM

Wow - harsh, R89. We're talking two or three books a year at most. They tout their return policy, moreover, in a discussion with a veteran customer rep, she said they factor in a few returns per person. As I said, I returned them well under halfway through. But, your opinion is your opinion.

by Anonymousreply 95September 13, 2021 3:01 PM

That's exactly the thing R93. For OP to actually get a letter, the shop has been onto their bullshit, and investigated it.

Nordstrom doesn't care if you return stuff. They care when you return literally everything you've ordered, return it too late (the "return whenever" policy sadly has to be phased out as it's been abused and doesn't make sense when retail is all just-in-time now). They know when your clothes are wardrobed. As a shop bottom I would smile at you while processing your return, meanwhile LP is watching us, building a file on you.

by Anonymousreply 96September 13, 2021 3:07 PM

I’m not siding with the OP (at all), but how is he supposed to go to the store to try things on when the store is not stocked with the inventory to do so.

Yesterday I went to Home Depot to look at some shelving with doors/metal grating on it. I wanted to see how sturdy they were for myself and take some in-person measurements. The shelving section was tiny and I was informed that all the shelves with doors were only available online. (This was the HD on 23rd Street.)

Then I walked up to Target to check out some dehumidifiers. They had a few humidifiers in-store, but all their dehumidifiers were online-only.

What’s the point of even going to stores anymore? I was trying to avoid amazon, but I promptly walked home and had ordered what I wanted before I reached my door.

Going into stores is a constant source of aggravation and big waste of time. The “customer service” has reached Kafka-esque heights? Depths?

by Anonymousreply 97September 13, 2021 3:19 PM

Trying to return those pretzel M&Ms was the last straw...

by Anonymousreply 98September 13, 2021 3:22 PM

Some lady at Pier 1 (before they closed) was returning EVERYTHING she bought for a party. It was a lot of stuff. I felt bad for the store.

by Anonymousreply 99September 13, 2021 3:23 PM

R97 - do you find your 'in-person' measurements for shelving is different than what they say online? Are you in a habit of ordering multiple dehumidifiers and then returning the ones you don't want?

It's not the same thing. And we don't know the full story here - OP is hiding a lot of details. This isn't one case and Nordstrom decided to cancel him.

He's being doing this a LONG time. He probably is in the process of losing weight so he tries smaller sizes to be disappointed - "not yet - still have more dieting to do".

Or, being a former employee of Nordstrom, he thinks he can abuse the system as much as he wants and thinks being a former employee will give him some sort of pass.

by Anonymousreply 100September 13, 2021 3:25 PM

R97, I'll explain how I do it (which I doubt is different from what OP has done, as to get a letter it has got to be multiple thousands of dollars in loss prevention):

My local Nordstrom Rack kinda sucks for menswear. There's no full-line department store down here. I usually have to order online. I order for delivery to the store downtown. I open the package in-store, and try things on there. If there's something I don't like or doesn't fit, I return it immediately.

by Anonymousreply 101September 13, 2021 3:28 PM

R96 - oh, I have heard so many stories from my exes that I know the deal. Believe me, my mom was an obsessive Nordstrom shopper and, at one point (mid 40's), what fit when she hit the stores in the morning didn't fit at all in the evening when she got home. Never took off the tags, took it back and exchanged it the next day or got something else. Never had a problem and STILL shops there. Of course, that age passed but she was never banned and some of the same people worked there that she'd see at the little cafe with espresso. The OP did SOMETHING wrong or he must do this as a hobby like those crazies I mentioned. This isn't your regular customer who maybe bloated or buying for someone else. This is that person returning a pile of shit that is ALWAYS at it. She would always see Persian women and Amrneian women who did some insane schemes while she's waiting forever to just exchange a flipping button-up shirt.

by Anonymousreply 102September 13, 2021 3:30 PM

R101 - and that is totally different. I wanted a pair of Nike shoes and the store didn't have my size and I told the girl and she said they run small but that I should order 2 pairs (one in my size and one half a size up) to the store and if they don't fit, I can return it there.

by Anonymousreply 103September 13, 2021 3:33 PM

I'm not sure how they can do this when a lot of fitting rooms are still not open because of COVID. Plus with the surge in forced online shopping due to the virus. They must be getting scammed left and right and are just cracking down generally.

by Anonymousreply 104September 13, 2021 3:33 PM

R98 - bitch you missed the whole point. They had what the OP wanted in the store. I assume his carcass was there when he picked them up so he could've dragged it to the dressing room and tried them on. There was no "online only" situation.

Also, OP probably does this shit and more to get himself banned.

by Anonymousreply 105September 13, 2021 3:36 PM

Whenever I have tried to return items to Amazon that are broken the wrong item or size, the vendors never take it back! But I always get my money back from them. Supposedly it’s cheaper for them or something…

by Anonymousreply 106September 13, 2021 3:49 PM

R106 it depends on how expensive the item is. If it's $20 or less it's usually not worth the expense for you to return it.

I've had to return anything $50 or more to keep the credit from Amazon.

One time, however, I ordered a bedside chest for $400. It arrived fine and I loved it, so I ordered another. It arrived broken and in a shambles, and the box was tattered so I couldn't get it out without destroying the box. I tried to return it online and they asked for me to ship it back, so I cancelled that and called them. I told them I wanted to return it but the shipping box was in tatters and the item was heavy in pieces and I didn't know how I could do so unless they wanted to drop off a new box.

The customer service person checked my history and was surprised I'd been an Amazon customer for twenty years! I also wonder if they have a counter for how good the customer is, because I rarely return things and have spent more than a hundred thousand dollars (probably more than that) with them over the decades.

He shipped me a new one and told me to keep the junk I had (I hauled it to the curb but kept the hardware/feet in case I had problems with the other ones).

I think part of the reason delivery people have started photographing items at your door is to preserve the state of the packaging so they know if it arrived in one piece.

by Anonymousreply 107September 13, 2021 4:25 PM

Is this supposed to be cute OP? it is hideous vulgar and grotesque

by Anonymousreply 108September 13, 2021 4:37 PM

R108 - spoken like a true to life shop bottom. Marry me.

by Anonymousreply 109September 13, 2021 5:06 PM

Seriously OP, I am kind of starting to think you are a frau or a troll posing as a gay man. I mean, no sane queen pulls this that much because he knows damn well that someday, at some point, he WILL run into another queen who will put him in your place with a quickness.

Honey, he would be onto you in a flash and, if you really were a gay man, he would have had you 86'd long ago. So, either a frau or a nutjob.

by Anonymousreply 110September 13, 2021 5:12 PM

my partner always weighs out sending an item back to Amazon ... for fear of being put on the Banned List.

by Anonymousreply 111September 13, 2021 5:30 PM

The guy above somewhere who talks about sizing being all over the place is right. I don't buy clothes online for this reason, because sizing is inaccurate too often. Even at Costco, where there are no changing rooms, I sometimes have to buy a couple of an item and return one because I can't figure out which size will fit me in reality.

And the reason Amazon can have Prime Wardrobe while Nordstrom twists in the wind is because Amazon created a vast distribution network that can handle both deliveries and returns. Nordstrom is doing old-fashioned mail order and only because it has to.

by Anonymousreply 112September 13, 2021 5:30 PM

Target was banning customers for returning too many times years ago. Kohls has a very generous return policy; never heard any complaints. I've been an Amazon customer for years and I return a lot. If the item isn't worth much, they tell me to keep it / give it away.

by Anonymousreply 113September 13, 2021 5:32 PM

I can't believe people are siding with stores who dont want to refund returns when they force people to shop online by not stocking stores with all sizes and colors available. After taking multiple trips into stores to try to find items and leaving empty handed I started buying online in different sizes and returning items in person. Always have the tags and receipt and original packaging of course, but I have no other choice but to return items. Not only is sizing not consistent from brand to brand, it's not consistent from garment to garment. Absolutely NO quality control these days.

by Anonymousreply 114September 13, 2021 5:33 PM

FYI / in relation to link above....returning to Amazon is of course very different than returning to an Amazon Marketplace Seller (aka Mom and Pops selling in spare time)

Mom and Pops take it as a total loss, and don't want to incur the extra postage to take the broken shit back, since they probably cannot resell or reuse.

by Anonymousreply 115September 13, 2021 5:36 PM

R114 - I am in no way siding with the store. That is why I linked the book "Retail Slave..." which, while written by a hilarious shop bottom, really explains what stores put salespeople through and how you have to be the biggest nutjob for them to report you. He talks about those who "returned" knock-offs, who returned stained clothes, who would come in smelling like the river and high as kites and how, although comission was important, these things affect the salespeople horribly and, at one point, enough is enough. And that is saying a lot about the OP....trust me, my ex had people who would buy each week and maybe return once every few months. People including a filthy attorney lady who would whisper to herself the whole time, an African-American former model who would come high and throw a fit, a lady who sometimes shat (I am not kidding) in the dressing room because of a colon condition....

by Anonymousreply 116September 13, 2021 7:16 PM

So glad I spent 5 mins explaining in R67 how wildly variable sizing can be (even in the same store with the same product, like a shirt) only to have r68 make a stupid comment about someone's weight fluctuating by two sizes.

To reiterate: Recently bought a specific type of shirt on Amazon in XL. Too tight. Bought same shirt in XL at Old Navy and washed it. Still huge on me. Bought the exact shirt in large from Old Navy. Fit fine. Ordered three more shirts in different colors from Old Navy in Large and took a minute to check it was the same "style" which the tags suggested. It was not. They're too tight.

Same size, same store, and the tags led me to believe they were just different colors. Nope. Different style and cut. One I can wear, the other three are too tight to wear in public.

by Anonymousreply 117September 13, 2021 9:46 PM

Shopping at Macys has become impossible. It is so rare to find the right style and size that you're looking for. It sucks when you make a trip to a store, find an item you like (say, a cheap suit to wear to an event) and they don't have it in your size. Easier to just order two sizes online and multiple options.

At this point, they should probably just start charging people for shipping and returns per item. The current system rewards overbuying with free shipping minimums. I always buy in two sizes, then return to store whenever im headed to the mall.

by Anonymousreply 118September 13, 2021 9:50 PM

r83 You've got serious self esteem issues and probably other issues related to class. Let me free you from this insanity. Wealthy, classy, successful people return clothes all the fucking time. Whatever your parents taught you about this, let it go. It's a pure fantasy in your head. I wonder how many other things in your life are misguided by potential embarrassment of being perceived as low class.

If you buy clothes, expensive, cheap or in between and they don't fit, return them and buy something that fits you. It is totally normal to try on an item, buy it, and then have a problem with it or second guess the purchase when you try it on again at home.

by Anonymousreply 119September 13, 2021 9:56 PM

Good.

by Anonymousreply 120September 13, 2021 10:04 PM

I got banned from Nordstrom too. I was sucking off some employees

by Anonymousreply 121September 13, 2021 10:09 PM

People like OP make me glad I no longer work with the public.

I would rather go into a life of crime and break into peoples houses in the middle of the night and risk getting shot then work in retail.

by Anonymousreply 122September 13, 2021 10:30 PM

[Quote] people are siding with stores who dont want to refund

I've also noticed this across the board. People always side with the companies who are screwing them over instead of fighting for consumer rights.

by Anonymousreply 123September 13, 2021 10:36 PM

Retailers WANT people to buy their shit online because brick and mortar stores are expensive overhead. So if they think that online shopping is so wonderful, they have to deal with the downside, too.

They surely have an algorithm that recognizes when people buy two sizes of an item and return one. Or both, because it’s shitty quality or doesn’t look anything like the online photo.

by Anonymousreply 124September 13, 2021 10:46 PM

R79, I work for Audible, not at that level though. It’s a numbers game; the system looks at your Library ratio, purchases to returns. Nothing personal about it.

But it’s like R89 says, you demonstrate an inability to curate to your own sensibility. There’s a description and information on the product page, audio sample, user reviews and mass market book reviews, etc. That said, you’re meant to be able to take a risk on a title and the spectrum of content is SO wide (from babysitter porn to werewolf/omniverse fantasy/born, etc.) that not every title is going to be of the same quality - though there are some great producers out there.

Some things I’ve realised working CS for Amazon is: 1) there are A LOT of painfully stupid people out there whom I wonder how they even manage the most basic aspects of adult life, 2) NOBODY actually reads about ANYTHING before they buy or sign up for anything, 3) people think “Amazon” is just about shopping but it’s actually a complex suite of software applications, utilities and apps that is as vast in its options as a premium office software suite - it’s just in a browser and 4) …well, ignorance makes people indignant and entitled. I think I’ll leave it there.

by Anonymousreply 125September 13, 2021 10:58 PM

I remember working in small electricals at a major department store and there were people who come in and want a refund on juicers they were too lazy to return - like dirty dishes.

by Anonymousreply 126September 13, 2021 11:10 PM

There's been major consolidations in the retail sector for years. Macy's is on its what, second bankruptcy? The stores get bought by private funds who streamline them to make them profitable.

by Anonymousreply 127September 13, 2021 11:13 PM

Certain customers have to make up a huge percentage of returned items. Stores should just have limits on how many items can be returned per year without a fee. It's not siding with our corporate overlords to agree that we all know someone who buys and returns an insane amount, to the extent that it might be a mental problem (and for some, it definitely is). Restocking returned items is very labor/shipping intensive and has a high cost.

Stores and managers should have some leeway with this.

QVC has been kicking out customers for years. Compulsive shoppers are great for their bottom line but compulsive returners hurt profits and raise prices for everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 128September 13, 2021 11:22 PM

I wish you all would stop talking about what Amazon does versus Nordstrom. Totally different companies and business models. Jeez...

by Anonymousreply 129September 13, 2021 11:24 PM

r129, that's the reality of it though, Nordstrom IS competing with Amazon just like everyone else. They know it.

People are lumping OP in with weirdos and stunt queens who return stuff they've already worn and reattach the tags. If you are returning unused items within the return window, the store should never question it. Bottom line, that is terrible customer service.

And generally I do not side with retailers. That designer shirt you bought for $50+ bucks was bought by the retailer from an Asian slave factory for $3 or $4, they only pay the people in the store barely more than minimum wage so they make a decent profit. Not Amazon profit but they do ok.

Nordstrom also uses Newgistics for their returns by mail. Newgistics is basically snail mail for small parcels. That shit costs them next to nothing, so all you people talking about wasting gas are lost hunny. Your return goes from hub to hub with the rest of the USPS snail mail and it may take your item weeks to get back to them.

by Anonymousreply 130September 14, 2021 1:23 AM

Maybe they grew weary of your trying unsuccessfully to sell yourself in their store, OP?? ;)

by Anonymousreply 131September 14, 2021 1:25 AM

This is happening. Stores are not returning items, even not honoring their return policies. I used to buy large orders, then returned some. No more. I do not go back really to stores that make it different to return. It doesn't make sense. Moreover, people are buying more online anyways.

by Anonymousreply 132September 14, 2021 6:53 AM

[Wealthy, classy, successful people return clothes all the fucking time. Whatever your parents taught you about this, let it go. It's a pure fantasy in your head. I wonder how many other things in your life are misguided by potential embarrassment of being perceived as low class.]

Honey, many of the new money who return and torment service people at Nordstrom are not at all classy. They are trashy, entitled scammers and it's the salespeople who have to take the brunt of their trashy behavior.

by Anonymousreply 133September 14, 2021 8:06 AM

I've never had luck with Nordstrom or Saks - out of stock notices after delays, wrong sizes, items mailed separately.

I force myself to return items if the store made an error. I don't shop either one of these anymore.

by Anonymousreply 134September 14, 2021 8:56 AM

R61- Her scam was extremely simplistic. Try going to Atlanta, where there's a scammer in a hotel room monitoring register feeds and another scammer in the store. Where do you think Marlo from R5HOA makes the bulk of her money? Not sucking Ted Turners wizened peen, thats for sure.

by Anonymousreply 135September 15, 2021 1:48 PM

If you treat your customers bad at any time, they will not return.

by Anonymousreply 136September 15, 2021 1:52 PM

[quote]If you treat your customers bad at any time, they will not return.

Then why are there 9,948 CVS stores and growing?

by Anonymousreply 137September 15, 2021 1:54 PM

Big mistake. Big. Huge.

by Anonymousreply 138September 15, 2021 1:59 PM

R66- Are you unaware of high end denim? You do realize that not every pair under the same house is the same? Nuances in stitching, fabric, etc. Perhaps OP is just a little more sartorial than you. Keep wearing your Lee elastic waist dungarees and braided belt.

by Anonymousreply 139September 15, 2021 2:04 PM

You wouldn’t know good silk stockings from a cheap ol pair of tights!

by Anonymousreply 140September 15, 2021 2:45 PM

OP, why did it take you 4 years to realize you couldn't just return everythang?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141September 15, 2021 2:51 PM

One of Jud Bowman's (tech kid, worth 181M) stories about customer service entails how he fell out of a tree, broke his leg, had to have his jeans cut off and when his assistant went to repurchase them Nordstrom gave him a new pair of AG jeans to replace them with. Free. He tells this story constantly at his speaking engagements. Perhaps nordstrom just doesn't like YOU, OP.

by Anonymousreply 142September 15, 2021 2:57 PM

Nordstrom? Either go to a real dept store like Nieman Marcus or Saks or just give up and ghetto shop at Macy's

by Anonymousreply 143September 15, 2021 3:05 PM

OP, R9- Why don't you JUST CALL NORDSTROM? Discuss your plight with THEM.

by Anonymousreply 144September 15, 2021 3:08 PM

they are pissing off their customer base. They are morons.

by Anonymousreply 145September 15, 2021 4:09 PM

The OP has described an episode of "the King Of Queens" when Carrie realizes she can buy it and return it up to 30 days later.

by Anonymousreply 146September 15, 2021 4:50 PM

Go to Dollar General, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 147September 15, 2021 6:51 PM

r9 Or anyone else thinking Neiman Marcus will be better. Think twice. They changed they changed their contract with Fedex. Since then Fedex has become incapable of delivering packages to me. I tried to have them delivered to my local NM store but they are also incapable of delivering my orders there. My order sat in Fedex's warehouse for 7 days because they did not have NM's address.

by Anonymousreply 148September 15, 2021 7:16 PM

God bless retail workers. I was partner in a retail shop, furniture & decor in a NYC adjacent area. My partner & I covered the floor, because we couldn't keep staff because of how shitty & rude customers were. Retail workers are human folks. Of course there are poorly behaved ones, just like anywhere else in the world. However, because of my experience in retail & waitering I strive to be nice, polite, decent to workers. It has usually always paid off at least 90%+ of the time. Right now w. Covid front line workers get some much shit from people. I see it all the time. I cannot tell you how often workers thank me when I simply tell them to take their time or thank them for their help & make sure to tell them that I hope they have a good evening,, etc. In places where I am a regular they tell me how they love having me come in. I do nothing special so imagine how poorly they are routinely treated.

by Anonymousreply 149September 15, 2021 7:29 PM

At Costco returns are just sent back to the manufacturer. Costco does not eat the return.

by Anonymousreply 150September 15, 2021 7:53 PM

It happens.

by Anonymousreply 151September 15, 2021 8:25 PM

if you are ordering on line and the store does not want to return items, I would not trust that store/company. That is shady. If you buy in person, than you have the receipt and you can return it. If you cannot return, they are basically say are shit sucks. It's going to break. It's going to fall apart.

by Anonymousreply 152September 15, 2021 8:28 PM

They have told the OP - the OP specifically - they don't want him as a customer any longer because he abused their return policy and was costing them more money than they were making off him with his excessive returns.

by Anonymousreply 153September 15, 2021 8:43 PM

nordstorm has some crap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154September 15, 2021 8:47 PM

a new take on the caftan, by new I mean UGLY.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155September 15, 2021 8:48 PM

i would like to return this.

Why?

Because it is fucking hideous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156September 15, 2021 8:51 PM

Sir, we only return items that were unworn.

Bitch please, i wouldn't be caught dead wearing this. Return.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157September 15, 2021 8:56 PM

I have a long torso and short legs (comparatively). I can somewhat understand why someone would order 4 sizes of jeans. Don't laugh, but I recently ordered some jeans from American Eagle. They come in all different lengths, plus the sizing is different from my usual stores (i.e., you have to go up in size). Yes, you can hem jeans, but there's topstitching on the hem and who really wants to hem jeans.

by Anonymousreply 158September 15, 2021 9:18 PM

I buy a lot of stuff from Macy's online. There's a brick and mortar store close to me, but some things are only available online (for my location). I do make returns to the brick & mortar store. They do a good job at immediately crediting my card. I don't do a crazy amount of returns, but I did recently return a towel I bought: Hotel Collection. Quality has gone down! So much lint shedding from that towel. Yes, I had washed it (as a test). The salesperson just wrote "defective" (re: the towel) and accepted my return.

by Anonymousreply 159September 15, 2021 9:21 PM

At least you didn't attach a dry cleaning tag.

by Anonymousreply 160September 15, 2021 9:29 PM

To you bitches who claim that years ago Nordstrom would never get away with doing this - BULLSHIT. 35 years ago I worked for Nordstrom in their credit office in Seattle, where Nordstrom started, and at the time was its only regional credit department. Even back then Nordstrom would send out letters to and ban the more notorious return scammers.

by Anonymousreply 161September 15, 2021 9:36 PM

R161 you are correct. I retired from there a little over a year ago. The stories I could tell.

by Anonymousreply 162September 15, 2021 9:49 PM

OP must be Persian.

by Anonymousreply 163September 15, 2021 11:51 PM

I’d like to see every poster to this thread be forced to only shop at Dollar General for 1 year.

by Anonymousreply 164September 16, 2021 12:02 AM

[quote] But this was not what she wanted. Honestly, I think she was low-key addicted to receiving packages.

This is hysterical to me

by Anonymousreply 165September 16, 2021 12:03 AM

Most agree excessive returns are worthy of a ban.

by Anonymousreply 166September 16, 2021 12:04 AM

[quote] I buy so much crap from and return so much crap to Amazon I'm just waiting to get banned. But instead last time I bought something, they gave me a "courtesy discount" of $15! They love me no matter what I do!! It's probably because I'm thin and good-looking. I think there's a lesson in my story for OP.

This is even more hysterical!!

by Anonymousreply 167September 16, 2021 12:05 AM

[quote]I’d like to see every poster to this thread be forced to only shop at Dollar General for 1 year.

The point being fucking what?

by Anonymousreply 168September 16, 2021 8:43 AM

OP, they only carry sizes 1, 3, and 5. You can try Sears.

by Anonymousreply 169September 16, 2021 9:03 AM

I’m on the fence here. I can see both sides. Stores have the right to ban customers who habitually return as they eat into profits. On the other hand, they seem behind the times on the direction online clothes buying is going. I’ve been using Prime Wardrobe lately. Amazon makes you use a credit card (not debit) for the hold on what you’re ordering to try on. For instance, I just ordered the same pair of jeans in four sizes. I returned the three that didn’t fit with the preprinted postage label in the same bag. They received the return and did the official charge for the one purchased. I imagine if you did this repeatedly and never bought anything, or worse, kept retuning everything without tags after being worn, you’d be banned! Even Amazon bans those who return too much.

by Anonymousreply 170September 16, 2021 9:12 AM

I’m gonna wave my magic wand.

You have to only shop at Dollar General for the rest of your natural life.

Suffer!

by Anonymousreply 171September 16, 2021 8:31 PM

r 162 here

Returns are a huge expense in shipping cost & labor cost. In additionally fashion has an expiration date.

Say you order the same jeans in 5 sizes and return 4. Because you have taken 4 pair of sell-able, at full price jeans, out of the consumers pipeline if even for a short time it is detrimental to the retailer. When they get back to the warehouse the merchant will likely soon have to take a mark down. If the market is saturated with said jean (or similar) there may be additional markdowns as it is more difficult to sell things at full price past 10 or 14 days . This is when the first mark down usually occurs.

by Anonymousreply 172September 18, 2021 3:42 AM

R172 yeah but boo hoo hoo. They merchant needs to figure this out. Which might include cutting off excessive returners. But there are things he merchant needs to do as well. Guarantee the quality. Guarantee accuracy of sizing. There are two issues that force people to order more and to return. A retailer that can't figure this out, can close up shop.

by Anonymousreply 173September 18, 2021 3:55 AM

R173. What do you guess the return date rate is?

by Anonymousreply 174September 18, 2021 9:18 PM

Not a return story but a poor Nordstrom customer service story from a couple of years ago:

I ordered $25 of Kiehl's skincare, received $140 Erno Laszlo balm. Immediate incessant phone calls from Nordstrom. I didn't recognized the number so I didn't acknowledge calls. Checked voicemail a day or so later, bunch of messages from them asking I call them IMMEDIATELY. When I got in touch, a snitty little girl acted like I was some kind of thief for not returning their calls sooner. Made arrangements to have the Erno Laszlo picked up the next day. I expected that perhaps my Kiehls order would be free or some other nice gesture. No such gesture, when it arrived (it shipped AFTER they had the Erno back in their hands) I just got an extra bunch of useless samples in my order in addition to the usual samples.

I've posted this story here before and a DLer/attorney said I was under no obligation to return it since it was addressed to me.

by Anonymousreply 175September 18, 2021 9:46 PM

r172 all that might be true, but again, in today's word an old school retailer like Nordstrom has to compete with Amazon and Walmart, who are making so much money that they easily absorb return costs. Meaning they don't have to pass on the cost to the customer and they can offer better deals and customer service. The standard 30-day returns window for customers should be sufficient to mitigate most of the issues you listed. Making more rules for the customer is annoying and they will just turn to Amazon or Walmart.

And Nordstrom already has an uphill battle because the younger generation does not invest as much in articles of clothing. All the younger women I know only wear designer bags, everything else they have on looks like it came from Walmart or Target. Women's dress codes at work are so relaxed now, they only need a fraction of the wardrobe.

by Anonymousreply 176September 18, 2021 10:35 PM

i think nordstrom is having serious problems and may go bankrupt. Not returning shit is a sign.

by Anonymousreply 177September 18, 2021 10:43 PM

Strange you were asked to return the item. If you open the skincare product, it's not like it can be sold as new.

by Anonymousreply 178September 18, 2021 11:59 PM

Nordstrom must be really struggling. I got a letter yesterday stating that the new APR on the credit card is 25.9%. They have also cut off free samples when you buy beauty products. I used to buy all of my Jack Black products there, because they let you choose samples, which are nice for travel.

by Anonymousreply 179October 6, 2021 5:21 PM

I am a person who loves shopping, so I read this mess.

Stores are closing. We are going to have many fewer choices soon (this is already happening). I don't think it matters if you are part of the problem or not, because so many other people are part of the problem.

It's true that women don't need the clothes they used to need. I don't think I know anyone who dresses well anymore. Society has changed.

by Anonymousreply 180October 6, 2021 6:22 PM

[quote] It's true that women don't need the clothes they used to need. I don't think I know anyone who dresses well anymore. Society has changed.

Not so much in Southern and Southeastern Europe. My sister back in LA literally goes insane when I facetime her from any restaurant or even fast fashion store here. They aren't selling garbandine, silk and crinoline at Zara back home. However, go out for a glass of wine anywhere from more casual Paris neighborhoods to the poorest parts of Romania, and you will see men and women groomed and wearing tailored clothes, beautiful suits, feminine dresses, well-made shoes, and dresses just to go to Starbucks. Anything north is on the frumpy side and anything east is on the tacky side. It's pretty depressing when you come back to LA afterwards and walk around Trader Joe's or Target. Also, you can always spot Americans out here by, as the locals say, their "tragio-comdie de garderoba"...their tragically hilarous get-ups. One guy from Florida tried to go more elegant for his trip to Venice and the girls at the store laughed because the black suit he bought was the kind reserved for funerals. Also, he wore it with Jesus sandals. 🤦‍♀️

by Anonymousreply 181October 6, 2021 7:24 PM

Jeffree Star is an ugly shemale.

by Anonymousreply 182October 6, 2021 8:20 PM

if a store has a shit return policy, they have NO trust in their merchandize. People go somewhere else. Having a return policy the good, then customer feel comfortable shopping their. It is always like this. People buy all the time. Then, they have a problem and they may run into a bad return situation. Then, you piss off these customers.

by Anonymousreply 183October 6, 2021 9:58 PM

People who Online shop buy more things, and also might buy different sizes. The stores know people will return stuff that do not fit. Nordstrom is causing themselves more problems.

by Anonymousreply 184October 6, 2021 10:00 PM

I never return anything because it's such a fucking hassle. I imagine there are a lot of people like me. And we balance out the returners. No wonder department stores are going extinct. Now they're actually banning paying customers!

by Anonymousreply 185October 6, 2021 10:07 PM

turning on loyal customers is what Nordstorm did. Then, covid hit and they are struggling. I have no sympathy for them.

by Anonymousreply 186October 6, 2021 10:09 PM

My ex roommate would steal shit and then return it...is that what you did OP ?

by Anonymousreply 187October 7, 2021 3:14 AM

OP, did you participate???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188November 21, 2021 4:07 PM

Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus both started using cut rate delivery services for their online shopping.They are both so unreliable that I have my orders delivered to the stores for pick-up. The problem with Nordstrom is they won't deliver all their merchandise to stores.

by Anonymousreply 189November 21, 2021 5:03 PM

R168 it would be for my own personal satisfaction. I’d really get off watching upper class wealth do all of their shopping at DG. I’d laugh my ass off.

by Anonymousreply 190November 21, 2021 5:33 PM

r190

One of the N's uses the same delivery services to ship to your home as they do to ship it to the store, there would be little difference in speed or reliability, just makes customers feel better and drives traffic to the store who may purchase additional items while there.

by Anonymousreply 191November 22, 2021 5:43 AM

Nordstrom delivers to Nordstrom Local which does not stock merchandise. NM has curbside pick up service where you wait in your car and they bring it out to you. My orders from both stores usually are ready within 2 -3 days. Average home delivery is 7 days if it makes it there at all.

by Anonymousreply 192November 22, 2021 6:04 AM

Loot it OP.

by Anonymousreply 193November 22, 2021 8:24 AM

Have you ever been banned from shopping at Dollar General?

by Anonymousreply 194November 22, 2021 10:50 AM

[quote]if you are ordering on line and the store does not want to return items, I would not trust that store/company. That is shady. If you buy in person, than you have the receipt and you can return it. If you cannot return, they are basically say are shit sucks. It's going to break. It's going to fall apart.

OH, DEAR, r152!

by Anonymousreply 195November 22, 2021 3:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!