Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Harry & Meghan biopic TANKS in the ratings

Much-hyped Lifetime movie 'Escape From The Palace' came 26th in its timeslot, beat out by a 'Friends' rerun marathon, 'Below Deck Mediterranean' and "Help! I Wrecked My House!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76September 18, 2021 1:56 PM

I didn't even know about it, however after seeing this thread I've watched a couple of clips and holy shit does Meghan desperately want to be Diana, it's crazy!

by Anonymousreply 1September 12, 2021 5:21 PM

It's 'destined to be a Camp Classic' according to the independent.

Perfect for DataLounge!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 12, 2021 5:26 PM

They had People Magazine basically live-tweeting the broadcast in ultra-obsequious fashion and they were STILL beaten by some Friends reruns.

by Anonymousreply 3September 12, 2021 5:33 PM

It looks and sounds stupid. Nobdoy except diehard Meghan and Harry fans would watch this.

by Anonymousreply 4September 12, 2021 5:39 PM

I watched it just to hatewatch it, r4. Many of us on DL did.

by Anonymousreply 5September 12, 2021 5:42 PM

R5, my bad, I forgot about watching it for camp value. That's the only legitimate reason for watching it. How bad was it??

by Anonymousreply 6September 12, 2021 5:44 PM

"The Psycho bond Harry and Meghan shared"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 12, 2021 5:45 PM

"The psycho bond."

Good one People.com

by Anonymousreply 8September 12, 2021 5:52 PM

It's hard to believe this is the same sexy, lovable, rogue Harry of just 6-7 years ago. WTF happened to him?

by Anonymousreply 9September 12, 2021 6:17 PM

[quote] WTF happened to him?

Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 10September 12, 2021 6:19 PM

But he wasn't some innocent, young incel. He'd fucked his way around the world with a lot of top-tier pussy at his disposal. Why her? I mean, she's pretty, but I don't see what else is there. Did she trap him with a baby and he was too honorable to have her killed?

by Anonymousreply 11September 12, 2021 6:21 PM

Marrying her absolved him of his reputation as the Royal Racist, AND she offered him having a new Mommy, revenge for his previous Mommy, as well as promising him they could become billionaires and he could outshine his grandmother, father and brother.

That's why he married her.

by Anonymousreply 12September 12, 2021 6:28 PM

[quote] How bad was it??

It was like it was made to honor royalty who might have your head chopped off if you didn't present them positively enough.

Harry and Meghan were presented as relentlessly positive, only concerned about doing good in the world and doing what's best for Archie. They cry, though, because the palace is filled with meanies, in particular one evil bitch composite character named "Victoria" who is William's secretary and plotting nothing but evil for them (though we find out in the end she's just jealous, of course--she cries when Meghan gets pregnant after her miscarriage, suggested she herself is no longer fertile). The other chief villains are bumbling Charles and rigid William, who is played by an actor much uglier than he is in real life. Rigid Williams even snarls to his wife that Archie "isn't even a proper royal name!", to let you know just how petty he is. Kate is presented as kind and wishing to play peacemaker, but she buys entirely into the palace mindset and literally tells Meghan that Meghan's problem is that she values freedom and individualism over the palace devotion to duty and dignity. The Queen is grouchy with everyone, but is angrier with Charles and William for not doing enough to welcome Meghan into the family than she is with Harry.

There are about ten different scenes that are written exactly the same way: Meghan is happily typing away at her laptop with some new project designed to empower the women of the world (e.g. her Vogue issue, the speech for her high school's graduating class, the opening to the Marianne Willamson poem she will read in church), and Harry walks in, his brow furrowed, with news of some horrible indignity visited upon them by "the palace."

Sadly, though, it wasn't entirely as campy as it could be, There are two genuinely hilarious moments: when "Victoria" primly announces to Charles and Harry, "We shall use what is called 'cancel culture' against them," and when right before Commonwealth Day Harry and Meghan, finally openly fed up, goad William into saying what he really thinks of Meghan, and he hisses she's a "disruptor."

by Anonymousreply 13September 12, 2021 6:32 PM

Will MEghan and Harry sue Lifetime? No?

Didn't think so. They're behind this somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 14September 12, 2021 6:40 PM

Worse than Friends, they didn't beat Cheap Old Houses, Street Outlaws: Memphis, Robot Chicken, or the allegorically named Help! I Wrecked My House.

by Anonymousreply 15September 12, 2021 6:41 PM

Wow... we suck.

by Anonymousreply 16September 12, 2021 6:41 PM

The Harry in this - Jordan Dean - has an amazing body! Who’s had him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 12, 2021 7:24 PM

I'm afraid I might take a shot at the TV if I watch this. They offend.!

by Anonymousreply 18September 12, 2021 7:25 PM

R17, it's unfortunate he choose to be in a such a shitty movie.

by Anonymousreply 19September 12, 2021 8:43 PM

It’s a job, r19. Most actors aren’t so lucky. Even the good ones.

by Anonymousreply 20September 12, 2021 8:45 PM

R20, that's true. But I'm thinking this won't help him get better roles.

by Anonymousreply 21September 12, 2021 8:46 PM

[quote] The Harry in this - Jordan Dean - has an amazing body! Who’s had him?

He was [italic]significantly[/italic] less ripped in the TV movie.

They showed him shirtless in the poolside scene at Tyler Perry's mansion ("I like American royalty!" enthuses Harry in that scene--Tyler Perry is American royalty? REALLY??), and he was built there much like the real Prince Harry--broad-shouldered and trim, but with no definition.

by Anonymousreply 22September 12, 2021 8:47 PM

A round up of the UK reviews - there are some gems in here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 12, 2021 9:08 PM

Netflix must be looking at the ratings in horror

by Anonymousreply 24September 12, 2021 9:23 PM

Exactly, r24. They've begun to bomb as a matter of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 12, 2021 9:27 PM

But... but... but... I thought it was enough to want to be something...

by Anonymousreply 26September 12, 2021 9:46 PM

If they weren't pimping such odious carpetbaggers, I could almost feel sorry for Sunshine Sachs right now. Because, yeah, they're getting paid, but at some point they acquire a certain ick factor trying to polish those turds.

by Anonymousreply 27September 12, 2021 9:48 PM

I don't think it's so bad for them to post the 9/11 names.

But I agree that it contradicts with Harry's previous statement on peoples' rights to grieve for someone they never met.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 12, 2021 10:21 PM

LOL The DE are onto the ratings story. The comments below the tweet are amusing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29September 12, 2021 10:24 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30September 12, 2021 10:34 PM

^^^^^ To be clear, the "Creative Arts" Emmys are being awarded today at a private ceremony separate from the televised Emmy Ceremony next week.

The Harkles did not attend, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 31September 12, 2021 10:36 PM

They lost to pasta.

by Anonymousreply 32September 12, 2021 11:19 PM

So does this mean they're not invited to the televised Emmys? seems so.

And apparently not on the list for the Met Gala either....

The crockery must flying in Monteshitto tonight!

by Anonymousreply 33September 12, 2021 11:24 PM

You know, the Mail is awful, but I admire their ability to twist the knife: "The tell-all interview, in which Meghan confessed she felt suicidal after dealing with the stress of the royal lifestyle, lost to a series about Italian cuisine."

by Anonymousreply 34September 12, 2021 11:25 PM

[quote] They lost to pasta.

And it was boxed dry pasta at that! AND STRAINED!!! The horror.

by Anonymousreply 35September 12, 2021 11:26 PM

Tory Racist Corgi Furry Cosplay thread #16,299,594

by Anonymousreply 36September 12, 2021 11:26 PM

LOL! r34 and r35 - Exactly!

by Anonymousreply 37September 12, 2021 11:39 PM

"It's hard to believe this is the same sexy, lovable, rogue Harry of just 6-7 years ago. WTF happened to him?"

The Palace's top-flight publicity department stopped spinning his behavior as charming roguery.

He was a stupid douchebag all along.

by Anonymousreply 38September 12, 2021 11:55 PM

YOU and the other fraus on here watching this crap are the problem r5. The ONLY ratings they got that were not completely abysmal was women over 50.

by Anonymousreply 39September 13, 2021 2:26 AM

They've been bombing all along r24, just like we knew they would. Pretty??? r11? Surely you need glasses!

by Anonymousreply 40September 13, 2021 2:28 AM

Now the palace is no longer covering for him, it's so obvious he has terrible anger issues. I have no qualms believing that blind about the beaten up prostitutes anymore.

by Anonymousreply 41September 13, 2021 2:40 AM

Meghan showing up at Oprah's house w. a beautiful handcrafted bespoke basket filled with her eggs & homemade banana bread & bananas w. her calligraphic hand written notes..'You are a Winner!', 'You are the Best!','Stanley Tucci is a jerk', ' Merchie & Lillimerch love you to pieces', 'You are the real Kween of people's hearts'. Meghan being run off by the dogs snapping at her behind, w. eggs , bread & bananas flying. Oprah heard screaming. don't you never come round here again, & don't ever call me. Gayle says, #METOO.

by Anonymousreply 42September 13, 2021 3:04 AM

LMFAO

by Anonymousreply 43September 13, 2021 4:04 AM

Perfection, r42.

by Anonymousreply 44September 13, 2021 4:24 AM

CNN's "Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy" is a fabulous show.

It's more then a food show...it's a travelogue, a history lesson, a tour behind the scenes of how food is prepared, a modern day cultural immersion into the regions and neighborhoods of Italy and a celebration of life. And Stanley doesn't lie, make up stories and force the audience to ask if he's okay.

Tucci's show deserved to win.

by Anonymousreply 45September 13, 2021 4:57 AM

Stanley Tucci evens the score with the Royal Family

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46September 13, 2021 5:34 AM

So - are they going to be invited to the Met Ball, or does Anna ever want to be invited to any BRF event ever again?

by Anonymousreply 47September 13, 2021 5:37 AM

If Bill Nighy has any influence, then no, they won't be invited.

by Anonymousreply 48September 13, 2021 5:51 AM

Oh, I see Princess Diana attended the Met Ball back in the day, so no. Harry and Meg aren't getting an invitation, as long as there are bigger royal fish for Anna Nuclear-Wintour to catch.

by Anonymousreply 49September 13, 2021 5:55 AM

It certainly looks like he does have influence, r48.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 13, 2021 6:10 AM

Love, love love Bill on screen, so I'd be shallow too & go along with whatever Bill says.

by Anonymousreply 51September 13, 2021 12:24 PM

Bill has expressed his fondness for the Queen before, so I'd be shocked if the Markles are invited. AW seems extremely taken with him.

by Anonymousreply 52September 13, 2021 9:37 PM

I can't ever see her getting invited. The booing would be too loud. Plus, Anna can easily see how tragic her "style," has always been.

by Anonymousreply 53September 14, 2021 12:44 AM

But you know she's wringing the necks of a few rescue chickens tonight.

by Anonymousreply 54September 14, 2021 12:57 AM

and Harry's neck as well

by Anonymousreply 55September 14, 2021 12:17 PM

She's choking the chickens??

by Anonymousreply 56September 14, 2021 4:50 PM

Darling Pet, don't you know we can read the stuff you gray out perfectly well?

And that graying ot out doesn't hide the truth?

The show flopped, her book flopped, the pathetic Epilogue to FF is flopping, their popularity polls are flopping, the Oprah interview got booed at the NTAs in the UK and failed to beat out a foodie show at the Emmys, and Ofcom sided with Piers Morgan.

Their stock is plunging whilst the polls for the Queen and the Cambridges skyrockets.

That's the truth, sweetie. To paraphrase the Poet, "And all your greyouts shall not wipe out a word of it."

by Anonymousreply 57September 14, 2021 5:18 PM

I think its hilarious! I really really hope they move to New York. I would pay to watch that.

by Anonymousreply 58September 17, 2021 8:48 AM

Overstylized and still crappy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59September 17, 2021 8:51 AM

She's doing the Angelina Jolie leg pose haha...they really are the same person.

by Anonymousreply 60September 17, 2021 9:43 AM

How can a trained actress still be that bad at posing for photos? She looks incredibly awkward. And the pic that finally went on the cover of Time (I didn't know it was still around) is just plain bizarre. I don't hate them, and I certainly don't like them -- but seriously, the "most influential couple in the world"? That's just insane.

by Anonymousreply 61September 17, 2021 11:37 AM

I honestly don't think she's had much training, if any. SHE always knows best. Can you imagine her in class? Her actual degree is in communications. She was in no theater productions in college that I have seen. She's incredibly awkward, and always has been. She would never be a good actress because she's too self conscious.

by Anonymousreply 62September 17, 2021 12:17 PM

R62 - That's possible. I actually know very little about her other than she was on a semi-popular cable shows for years. I assumed there was training, but perhaps not. Nonetheless, surely, she's done photo shoots before. These look like photo day at a junior high school. Was the Sears photo center with the ubiquitous sepia forest background not available?

by Anonymousreply 63September 17, 2021 12:20 PM

There WAS a biopic???? I'm so out of it, and GLAD.

by Anonymousreply 64September 17, 2021 12:47 PM

She must have done some theater because here she is with Katherine McPhee in stage makeup. McPhee told People they had done several musicals together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65September 17, 2021 1:45 PM

Stage makeup? She always wears too much. Have you SEEN her bronzed cheeks?

by Anonymousreply 66September 17, 2021 2:56 PM

They both have their old noses at r65.

by Anonymousreply 67September 17, 2021 3:16 PM

^I don't believe Harry would have ever married THAT beak.

by Anonymousreply 68September 17, 2021 4:06 PM

[Quote]They both have their old noses at [R65].

I was about to SHRIEK "OMG their fucked up noses!"

by Anonymousreply 69September 17, 2021 7:08 PM

I love the TIME cover photo!

He's literally hiding behind her, while she's ignoring him and giving 100% of her attention to the camera.

by Anonymousreply 70September 17, 2021 7:19 PM

LOL I love how the redtagged OP in this thread also started a JK Rowling love fest thread. The same racist, homophobic trolls seem to swarm to the same threads like a moth to a flame.

by Anonymousreply 71September 17, 2021 7:28 PM

Time to pass out the milk for nap time & check the hall for any stragglers, R71. Besides these duties who died & made you the boss of us?

by Anonymousreply 72September 17, 2021 7:33 PM

R71 Well, you're here, dear, aren't you?

Dayum, how many accounts DO you have? Block after block and yet here you are again.

Doesn't the cost mount up?

by Anonymousreply 73September 17, 2021 10:29 PM

Their thirst will make winter so amusing. Lots more fails for sure. if they don't have the dough I just hope someone will fund more of these massive fails. It's not Schadenfreude for me, its comic relief. an they are so good for many a deep laugh.

by Anonymousreply 74September 18, 2021 1:51 AM

I believe that was in high school r65. They were in school together.

by Anonymousreply 75September 18, 2021 6:29 AM

R75 - You mean like lesbians? I can see it.

by Anonymousreply 76September 18, 2021 1:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!