Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I bought a 2 lb bag of Reeses and when I got home I discovered there are pretzels in my Reeses.

I am so mad! I bought a huge bag of Reeses to dine on and when I bit into one, I discovered there is pretzel and other detritus mixed into my Reeses. The bag was so deceiving! I have a good mind of writing a letter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75December 9, 2021 6:06 PM

"have a good mind of writing"

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 1September 12, 2021 3:21 AM

How was I supposed to know that the bag wasn't full of creamy Reeses? I don't even know what "Fast Break" or "Take That" is! I feel like they should differentiate the bag better so it doesn't upset loyal customers such as myself. I suggest they use Mr. Yuck to warn us of the disgusting presence of pretzels.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 12, 2021 3:22 AM

And I can never find single serving bags of Reese's Pieces. So frustrating!!

by Anonymousreply 3September 12, 2021 3:23 AM

I am sorry, r1. I am very upset and not thinking straight.

by Anonymousreply 4September 12, 2021 3:24 AM

It clearly states on the front of the bag that its an assortment OP

by Anonymousreply 5September 12, 2021 3:31 AM

No it doesn't! It shows orange-colored Reeses dancing, like at a party. I am now stuck with a bag of Reeses tainted with pretzels-- and whatever the other thing is.

by Anonymousreply 6September 12, 2021 3:33 AM

I hope you took your Synjardy, OP.

by Anonymousreply 7September 12, 2021 3:41 AM

The other two are both good. You won’t be dissapointed if you like the original.

If you want to go all out, try the nutrageous.

by Anonymousreply 8September 12, 2021 4:01 AM

I have since discovered that one of the things-- the non-pretzel things-- is delicious. It tastes like Reeses crossbred with a Milky Way.

by Anonymousreply 9September 12, 2021 4:01 AM

Disappointed

by Anonymousreply 10September 12, 2021 4:02 AM

told you r8.

by Anonymousreply 11September 12, 2021 4:02 AM

Are you suffering from achromatopsia, OP? If so, there are glasses for people like you now though.

by Anonymousreply 12September 12, 2021 4:12 AM

[quote] I discovered there is pretzel and other detritus mixed into my Reeses.

"You got your pretzels in my Reeses."

"You got your Reeses in my pretzels."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 12, 2021 4:23 AM

"You got chocolate on my hotdog" is even more upsetting.

by Anonymousreply 14September 12, 2021 4:27 AM

FAT WHORES COMPLAIN!

by Anonymousreply 15September 12, 2021 4:31 AM

[quote] I discovered there is pretzel and other detritus mixed into my Reeses. The bag was so deceiving!

The bag clearly states "Chocolate candy assortment." And stop bitching about pretzels, you fat fuck!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 12, 2021 4:39 AM

This is the most horrifying thing I've ever heard, OP. I am so, so sorry. Be brave.

by Anonymousreply 17September 12, 2021 4:58 AM

Nein!

Die fette Sau!

by Anonymousreply 18September 12, 2021 5:11 AM

Stoned again, OP?

by Anonymousreply 19September 12, 2021 5:22 AM

Your problem is nothing compared to the problem of trans women of color who are continued victims of the white indifference to their plight!

by Anonymousreply 20September 12, 2021 4:41 PM

R20 I disagree. Both issues are equally important.

by Anonymousreply 21September 12, 2021 4:54 PM

So, r21, you are equating brave trans women of color with unhealthy snacks? That’s LITERALLY violence.

by Anonymousreply 22September 12, 2021 5:16 PM

[quote] I discovered there is pretzel and other detritus mixed into my Reeses.

Yet another example of Biden's failure as president.

by Anonymousreply 23September 12, 2021 5:19 PM

I prefer pretzel Reeses, buying those [italic]on purpose[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 24September 12, 2021 5:46 PM

M&Ms will fuck you up this way too.

by Anonymousreply 25September 12, 2021 6:30 PM

OP, you have not earned your wings yet, for true Fat Whore would have never made this mistake. Keep snacking, my friend. You'll find your way.

by Anonymousreply 26September 12, 2021 7:20 PM

The true fat whore would wisely conclude “Hey—It’s all candy!” Nom Nom Nom

by Anonymousreply 27September 12, 2021 7:46 PM

These are FAT WHORE problems

by Anonymousreply 28September 12, 2021 7:49 PM

R6 It says 'chocolate candy assortment' right on the front of the bag

by Anonymousreply 29September 12, 2021 7:53 PM

Recently I got a couple of Reeses from a convenience store, got them home, and discovered they had pretzels in them. I was really pissed, but it was my mistake. I ate them anyway. They weren't bad.

by Anonymousreply 30September 12, 2021 7:56 PM

Who's got the biggest culo on this thread?

by Anonymousreply 31September 12, 2021 8:01 PM

[quote] The bag clearly states "Chocolate candy assortment."

Pretzels do not belong in candy! I couldn't have even imagined I'd bit into a Reeses and get a mouthful of basically crackers!

by Anonymousreply 32September 12, 2021 9:11 PM

The Milky Way things are quite good, though. I am going to donate the pretzels to charity and keep the others. But next time I buy a "party bag" I will make sure I know what I am getting into before I get home.

by Anonymousreply 33September 12, 2021 9:13 PM

[quote] next time I buy a "party bag" I will make sure I know what I am getting into before I get home.

Think of it as a surprise party.

by Anonymousreply 34September 12, 2021 9:28 PM

[quote]I am going to donate the pretzels to charity and keep the others.

Or you could give it away to trick-or-treaters next month.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35September 12, 2021 9:33 PM

Salty sweet, what's not to like.

by Anonymousreply 36September 12, 2021 9:35 PM

I also noticed in my so-called "party bag" that they have shrank the old "snack size" Reeses. Now they are so tiny, they might as well be Reeses Miniatures! What a fucking ripoff. I would boycott Reeses for ALL these reasons, but I really can't live without them. I think they know that.

by Anonymousreply 37September 12, 2021 9:52 PM

OP- Is your nickname CHUBSY UBSY?

by Anonymousreply 38September 12, 2021 10:35 PM

No, r38. The more Reeses I eat, the thinner I get! I think that my body gets its nutrients from Reeses and then tells my brain: "I'm full!" It's my main food group. That is why I really resent the intrusion of pretzels.

by Anonymousreply 39September 12, 2021 10:47 PM

R39- Pretzels are generally boring. The kind I used to buy as a kid in Manhattan with the mustard I loved but the DRIED OUT, TASTELESS pretzels in a box or bag from the supermarket- YAWN

by Anonymousreply 40September 12, 2021 11:10 PM

Just popping in to say I liked that you used the word detritus in a fun context.

by Anonymousreply 41September 12, 2021 11:25 PM

Thank you, r41! As a candy lover, I find that a large vocabulary helps me express my feelings about candy.

by Anonymousreply 42September 12, 2021 11:39 PM

Candy can indeed elicit a wellspring of emotion, R42.

by Anonymousreply 43September 13, 2021 12:13 AM

It's this sweet and salty madness that's overtaken the food industry. Just try to find caramel without sea salt these days.

by Anonymousreply 44September 13, 2021 12:26 AM

Oh honey, we all know you're going to inhale that 2lb bag within 30 minutes. You'll never know what's going into your mouth, per usual. Your biggest concern should be not to choke on the paper wrapping.

by Anonymousreply 45September 13, 2021 2:56 AM

complaining here achieves nothing. write them and tell them why you felt deceived and they'll send you either coupons for a free bag or coupons for a large amount off another bag. If I feel I am in the right I always write and receive something back. One time I bout a single pizza and they had ground up a plastic bag instead of the cheese. I sent the entire slice back to them in a plastic bag in an envelope. Not only did I get coupons for free products but I also received a letter from the owner of the company.

I also wrote to bounty about always getting stuck with the large sheets instead of the smaller ones. They told how to tell the difference which I had never noticed, (there was a blue band on one and an orange band around the top on the other. They sent me good coupons too. I wrote to PF Changs telling them that the writing was so small on the package that I didn't even see the heat index on the package and I had to throw the entire package out because it was too hot for me. They sent me a coupon for a free package. These companies want you to be happy because they want you to keep buying their products. If you don't tell them what is wrong they can't fix it.

by Anonymousreply 46September 13, 2021 3:07 AM

i'm old and remember when reeses miniatures came in a box, like russell stover

by Anonymousreply 47September 13, 2021 6:28 AM

I remember when Reese's didn't taste like chocolate vomit.

I'm in the mood for dark chocolate candied apricots. Crate&Barrel uses to carry them.

by Anonymousreply 48September 13, 2021 6:46 AM

r47 those were my favorites. they either changed the recipe or being wrapped in aluminum changed the taste of them

by Anonymousreply 49September 13, 2021 12:07 PM

OP- I was watching that episode of My 600lb Life the other day ( I recorded it months ago) with Isaac, the Mexican kid who cooks all the meals for his family. In one scene they show him sitting at a table eating from a bag of Chex mix and he's poured out a big bag of Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Cups.

Is that kid you OP? Hi Isaac!

by Anonymousreply 50September 13, 2021 1:11 PM

R46 would like to speak to the manager.

by Anonymousreply 51September 13, 2021 10:25 PM

This is the OP and I am back with an update. I decided to give away the pretzel things and went to two different neighbors. They REFUSED to take the Reeses, rightly pointing out that they are tainted with pretzels. I then went to the mail lady and her joy at the prospect of free candy turned to disgust when she heard about the pretzels. Finally I handed them off to some kids. All of the people who refused the pretzel-Reeses were black, which just goes to show that black people have good taste in candy. No doubt this pretzel business was dreamt up by a fat white guy in Ohio or some other place bereft of good food.

by Anonymousreply 52September 14, 2021 9:13 PM

I repeat that I seek out pretzel Reeses on purpose!

by Anonymousreply 53September 14, 2021 10:48 PM

OP - Oh honey, no. All those people refused the candy because it was melting in your sweaty fat hand. These are people who wouldn't even touch free money from you.

by Anonymousreply 54September 14, 2021 11:35 PM

WRONG, r54! They were excited and pleased to see me approach with Reeses in hand. When I explained they contained pretzels, they made a face and said NO THANK YOU.

by Anonymousreply 55September 15, 2021 12:44 AM

R55 - Give it up. None of this ever happened, and your nonsensical prank thread has run it's course. 50-odd posts is far more than it deserved.

by Anonymousreply 56September 15, 2021 11:45 AM

Daddy could turn a bag of Reese’s into the most delicious FUDGE ever!

by Anonymousreply 57September 15, 2021 11:54 AM

OP, you could have put them in food processor then tossed the resulting crumbs in double chocolate chip ice cream and our of with caramel and whipped cream.

by Anonymousreply 58September 16, 2021 3:16 AM

R58 - Or save them for Halloween and foist them on unsuspecting, beggar urchins.

by Anonymousreply 59September 16, 2021 3:22 AM

Call the cops!

by Anonymousreply 60September 16, 2021 3:24 AM

I’ll swing by as soon as I find my snack purse, OP.

I hate waste!

by Anonymousreply 61September 16, 2021 3:29 AM

[quote]I bought a huge bag of Reeses to dine on

Gorge or binge on perhaps, but dine?

by Anonymousreply 62September 16, 2021 3:30 AM

snack purse = carpetbag

by Anonymousreply 63September 16, 2021 3:30 AM

They are really good. Smoke some weed and that sweet, salty combo will be delightful.

by Anonymousreply 64September 16, 2021 5:55 AM

I have an update. Tonight, I went to CVS, in the mood for candy and bandaids, but to my chagrin the only Reeses in stock were the nasty pretzel kind and peanut brittle Reeses, which I am certain has the same chunky texture I hated in the pretzel Reeses. I actually left CVS empty handed! That's the bad news. But the good news is that I had awareness of these impostors and avoided buying them!

by Anonymousreply 65December 8, 2021 1:55 AM

Used to be when you went to the store there was one variety of Wheat Things, one kind of Triscuits. Now you have to read the packages carefully so you don't end up with the wrong thing. I almost clobbered bf when he accidentally bought unsalted nuts.

by Anonymousreply 66December 8, 2021 2:03 AM

My felicitations on your evolved mental state, OP.

by Anonymousreply 67December 8, 2021 2:03 AM

Hi OP , just following, hope you have recovered from this recent snack trauma.

by Anonymousreply 68December 9, 2021 5:33 PM

Pretzels are practically vegetables! How dare they include them in OP's special snack?

by Anonymousreply 69December 9, 2021 5:37 PM

The trend towards mixing sweet and salty does get kind of annoying when you think you're getting something sweet and it's got big chunks of pink Himalayan sea salt in it.

by Anonymousreply 70December 9, 2021 5:48 PM

[quote]intrusion of pretzels.

Is that like a nest of snakes or a murder of crows?

by Anonymousreply 71December 9, 2021 5:58 PM

What’s a pretzel?

by Anonymousreply 72December 9, 2021 5:59 PM

Trader Joe’s dark chocolate peanut butter cups.

by Anonymousreply 73December 9, 2021 6:01 PM

Getta loada Constance McCashin at R58!

by Anonymousreply 74December 9, 2021 6:03 PM

R38 = Miss Crabtree

by Anonymousreply 75December 9, 2021 6:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!