Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Taliban are killing off the gay people in Afghanistan

Smh. Earlier this year when they put a Pride flag there I said “do not do that, the minute you leave that is gonna cause gay hunting.”

And here we are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94September 15, 2021 2:19 AM

Don't you DARE say anything bad about them, OP.

Mighty Joe Biden has said they are our ALLIES so to insult them is like insulting JOE!

by Anonymousreply 1September 12, 2021 1:50 AM

The more taboo the sex, the more titillating it is for the religious freaks.

by Anonymousreply 2September 12, 2021 1:52 AM

[quote]“do not do that, the minute you leave that is gonna cause gay hunting.”

The Taliban were going to go "gay hunting", regardless of the presence or absence of a pride flag.

by Anonymousreply 3September 12, 2021 1:53 AM

I'm canceling my Airbnb in Kabul

by Anonymousreply 4September 12, 2021 2:01 AM

Biden says this is fine, so this is fine.

by Anonymousreply 5September 12, 2021 2:07 AM

I'm not sure what to make of this story. Cut to pieces..hmm

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 12, 2021 2:08 AM

"Mighty Joe Biden has said they are our ALLIES so to insult them is like insulting JOE!"

He didn't call them out allies. But Trump set 5000 Taliban prisoners free. R5 is probably fine with that...

by Anonymousreply 7September 12, 2021 2:08 AM

^ Our allies

by Anonymousreply 8September 12, 2021 2:08 AM

DL Republicans will ignore Trump and Pompeo's actions....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 12, 2021 2:09 AM

keep voting for that demented freak...

by Anonymousreply 10September 12, 2021 2:09 AM

DL Republicans are fine with gay-bashing when fundie Christians are doing it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 12, 2021 2:10 AM

Like rethugs give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 12September 12, 2021 2:12 AM

There is a fundamental problem in the global gay movement.

They have relied too much on Western modalities whereas homosexuality and gay culture have existed and found specific expression in all cultures and in all ages.

Gay cultures all over the world are very often conflated with westernized elites as a result. The resentment is as much if not more with these elites than with homosexuality.

Think about it before you clutch your pearls and mouth off platitudes.

by Anonymousreply 13September 12, 2021 2:13 AM

R13 what??? No.

by Anonymousreply 14September 12, 2021 2:15 AM

Barbarians. Where is the world condemning this?

by Anonymousreply 15September 12, 2021 2:17 AM

R14 I think it’s like how rednecks hate Hollywood types. The foreigners associate with gays in a negative with Lady Gaga etc.

by Anonymousreply 16September 12, 2021 2:17 AM

They hate HOMOSEXUALITY. They always have. Why are we making up shit about this? Sharia law… being gay is punishable by death.

by Anonymousreply 17September 12, 2021 2:21 AM

I cannot BELIEVE that these bedbugs spend all night biting me.

by Anonymousreply 18September 12, 2021 2:21 AM

R18 get help.

by Anonymousreply 19September 12, 2021 2:23 AM

We need to evacuate the entire country except these wastes of sperm and then just fucking nuke them to hell.

by Anonymousreply 20September 12, 2021 2:38 AM

As long as no more Americans are killed, I dont care.

by Anonymousreply 21September 12, 2021 2:49 AM

No queens in the US care, they are kicking back vodka sodas with a splash of cran at the local gay bar tonight super spreading the 'rona.

by Anonymousreply 22September 12, 2021 2:54 AM

Not our problem. The Middle East can work itself out.

by Anonymousreply 23September 12, 2021 2:58 AM

Gay hunting ? How do the Talibans know you are gay ? By how well you suck a Taliban cock ?

by Anonymousreply 24September 12, 2021 3:10 AM

We need a gay homeland.

by Anonymousreply 25September 12, 2021 3:17 AM

Preferably a tropical island

by Anonymousreply 26September 12, 2021 3:19 AM

So if you're LGBTQ in Afghanistan you just get over it and get married to the opposite sex? I wonder if there's a dating service to help lesbians meet a gay male spouse (trans, you're on your own)?

by Anonymousreply 27September 12, 2021 3:23 AM

Greenland could be ours if we fight for it. The Danes are nice.

It will have an ideal climate soon .

by Anonymousreply 28September 12, 2021 3:24 AM

What will happen to those Dancing Boys ? Adopted by Taliban ?

by Anonymousreply 29September 12, 2021 3:25 AM

Many of the Taliban were themselves dancing boys.

by Anonymousreply 30September 12, 2021 3:30 AM

[Quote] So if you're LGBTQ in Afghanistan you just get over it and get married to the opposite sex?

And so it has been in all societies across history, even today. Families often look the other way when you take a male lover add long as you have done your duty and fathered children.

Yes there are marriages of conveniences between lesbians and gays but not as many as one would expect.

by Anonymousreply 31September 12, 2021 3:37 AM

Infuriating. Those poor guys.

by Anonymousreply 32September 12, 2021 3:39 AM

So there’s no gay sex in Taliban jails ?

by Anonymousreply 33September 12, 2021 3:41 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 12, 2021 5:17 AM

You all know damn well this is the result of Biden shamefully abandoning Afghanistan.

No doubt our withdrawal could have been handled more adeptly.

It could hardly have gone worse.

by Anonymousreply 35September 12, 2021 6:01 AM

And exactly WTF was he supposed to have done? We were counting on the Afghan military to hold out long enough to carry out a smoother evacuation. Instead they collapsed like cheap cardboard in the rain. There was NEVER going to be a good ending to our occupation of the country, anymore than there was in Vietnam.

by Anonymousreply 36September 12, 2021 6:15 AM

But...but...JUDAISM also have death penalty for homosexual....and no gay marriage in Israel too...

by Anonymousreply 37September 12, 2021 6:17 AM

R36 what happened to the Afghan military? They knew what was coming. Were they still not prepared?

by Anonymousreply 38September 12, 2021 11:02 AM

Biden supporters refuse to accept their responsibility, choosing to try to deflect instead.

by Anonymousreply 39September 12, 2021 11:11 AM

[quote]No doubt our withdrawal could have been handled more adeptly.

A withdrawal is a withdrawal, and we had been planning to do this for over a year.

Whether it would have taken two days, two weeks or two years, once we were gone the Taliban would be free to do what they want, including killing off gay people.

by Anonymousreply 40September 12, 2021 11:12 AM

The Afghan military were trained for years. Why couldn’t they fight back? Did they surrender? Or just all of them killed?

Also, Their military had too many women. Not to be sexist, but half their army was women.

by Anonymousreply 41September 12, 2021 11:18 AM

What rock do you live under R41?

The government was supremely corrupt and they did not want to fight for it. Worse still, the corruption often meant they were undersupplied, under or unpaid and felt like suckers.

by Anonymousreply 42September 12, 2021 11:21 AM

R42 thats sad. They seemed to want to in the videos I saw

by Anonymousreply 43September 12, 2021 11:35 AM

Try reading actual newspapers and legit media sources R43

by Anonymousreply 44September 12, 2021 11:37 AM

Another Trumper thread. Muriel, do your thing!

by Anonymousreply 45September 12, 2021 11:54 AM

[quote] You all know damn well this is the result of Biden shamefully abandoning Afghanistan.

How???! The Middle East is the Middle East. Fuck off, neocunt. Your precious war is over. Go enlist, faggot.

by Anonymousreply 46September 12, 2021 12:00 PM

Wouldn’t there be international outcry if it was specifically trans they were targeting? Alas, it seems gays are so last century, and no one particularly cares.

by Anonymousreply 47September 12, 2021 12:15 PM

Hear hear, r39

by Anonymousreply 48September 12, 2021 3:38 PM

They are killing GAY MEN. Historically lesbians are not killed. They have their own punishment but gay men are killed, in almost every religions Bible

by Anonymousreply 49September 12, 2021 3:44 PM

The irony of the post number assigned to R45. te-hee :)

by Anonymousreply 50September 13, 2021 3:00 AM

What about bisexual men ?

by Anonymousreply 51September 13, 2021 3:07 AM

When posters start in with "but the fundie Christians are the same" let me explain the difference. In the USA it is illegal to discriminate against, let alone KILL a gay person. If you murder a gay person in the USA and get caught you will be tried and sent tio jail.. In countries like Afghanistan it is the LAW that gays are to be killed. it is an integral part of Sharia law that gays are to be eliminated and the country is run by the rules of Sharia law. Get it? They have a LEGAL RIGHT to kill us.

by Anonymousreply 52September 13, 2021 3:15 AM

This is why the anti-war movement is nothing but a manifestation of heterosexual privilege and white privilege and thus white supremacy. War is progressive when the enemy is reactionary.

by Anonymousreply 53September 13, 2021 3:34 AM

[quote] When posters start in with "but the fundie Christians are the same" let me explain the difference. In the USA it is illegal to discriminate against, let alone KILL a gay person. If you murder a gay person in the USA and get caught you will be tried and sent tio jail.. In countries like Afghanistan it is the LAW that gays are to be killed. it is an integral part of Sharia law that gays are to be eliminated and the country is run by the rules of Sharia law. Get it? They have a LEGAL RIGHT to kill us.

Is there a country where we have a legal right to kill them? If not, there should be.

by Anonymousreply 54September 13, 2021 3:34 AM

Yet the Left and the Dems just LOVE Muslims!!!

by Anonymousreply 55September 13, 2021 5:17 AM

[quote] It could hardly have gone worse.

You want worse? Imagine if Trump did it. But he would have just blamed it on Obama.

by Anonymousreply 56September 13, 2021 5:54 AM

R55: you can’t be more right.

Here’s Uncle Joe, reviving that tired meme, just a day ago:

[quote]THE 20TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE 9/11 ATTACKS

[quote]"We also witnessed the darker forces of human nature: fear and anger, resentment and violence against Muslim Americans, true and faithful followers of a peaceful religion," Biden said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57September 13, 2021 6:12 AM

Everything was better with Trump as president. So he was a buffoon and insulted women. Boo hoo. Dementia Joe ruined the world.

by Anonymousreply 58September 13, 2021 10:12 AM

R58 hi Donald.

by Anonymousreply 59September 13, 2021 10:18 AM

It’s shameful that Biden is pretending this isn’t happening. He would be condemning. If they were targeting trans folks.

Biden is an evil homophobic piece of shit. Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 60September 13, 2021 10:24 AM

Bullshit, R60!

by Anonymousreply 61September 13, 2021 10:29 AM

What does "Some people did something" Omar have to say about all this???

by Anonymousreply 62September 13, 2021 3:36 PM

Not all Muslims are homophobic. I forgot the name of the type of Muslims that are not against gays.

They don’t exist there probably but they do exist in some parts.

by Anonymousreply 63September 13, 2021 3:42 PM

R63 Is this really the time? I know this information you’ve shared, but, we also know that we don’t want to live any place where you have a lot of Muslims. Ask the Netherlands. Ask the U.K. Ask France. You know, over the previous four years I stopped being one of those Conservatives jumping up and down about Islamic terrorism. Why, because we had a leader who kept them all in check. They feared him. They knew that the focus under Trump was commerce. Everybody won. You know that in the U.S. Trump had a lot of Muslim supporters. Do you know why? Because he kept the Muslim population here in check, without violating their civil liberties. They knew that in order for them to live their lives, in the Western liberal way they’d grown use to, you couldn’t flood the West with them (more Muslims). Why? Because then you get calls for beheadings and Fatwas for violating THEIR religious principles. Because you start having a lot of western women being raped for not dressing more “modestly” - see Sweden. Now, all of the sudden, we have Muslim problems all over again. Here we are! Again! It’s four years ago, we’ve traveled back in time. All because of these orange-man-bad people. And, of course, gay men are those in danger. Our scared, fellow gay men in Afghanistan. But, of course, that doesn’t matters. It’s not about us. Gay men are just tools for the Left. We’ve done nicely haven’t we -Rant over

by Anonymousreply 64September 13, 2021 4:12 PM

Find me one (just one) Muslim leader who denounces the killings of these gay men and I will adjust my thinking. Trust me, I have looked and they don't exist. Fuck 'em. And we are about to be delivered thousands? Oh boy. Fight back, guys.

by Anonymousreply 65September 13, 2021 4:20 PM

Muslins hate all of us ...it is NOT a religion of love and peace.

by Anonymousreply 66September 13, 2021 4:28 PM

True, r66...it's a cotton fabric.

by Anonymousreply 67September 13, 2021 4:34 PM

Trump and Pompeo set the Taliban free and promised them they could have the country. They also promised them the US would be out by May 21. But blame Joe, the man who finally got us the hell out of worthless war. Trumpers are a lot like Trump himself. Blame someone else for your own fuck ups..

by Anonymousreply 68September 13, 2021 4:56 PM

by Anonymousreply 69September 13, 2021 7:16 PM

Trump let over 5000 Taliban members free!!!

by Anonymousreply 70September 13, 2021 7:19 PM

OP....trolling per usual.

by Anonymousreply 71September 13, 2021 7:27 PM

The only way to calm this is through the UN. No occupier succeeds in Afghanistan

Trade block, sanctions, no foreign aid . Strangle their treasury.

But this takes time. All the gays will be dead by then.

by Anonymousreply 72September 13, 2021 7:27 PM

Does the US have a program to allow threatened gay men and lesbians into the country? I wish we could set up some kind of help society, but how would we know who was really gay and who just wanted to come to the US? It's not like there's a medical test we could do, although I'm sure plenty of gay men would sign up to have sex with them and rate how much he liked it! "Refused to kiss, wouldn't rim, couldn't get hard, definitely reject!"

by Anonymousreply 73September 13, 2021 8:54 PM

if you care about human rights in Afghanistan (or anywhere) the best thing to do is email your congressman AND senators and say that you are paying attention to the human rights abuses/killings and hope they will continue to do whatever is possible to help the situation.

They can't start a war and probably shouldn't. But emails like this remind them that its a priority for constituents and that their constituents care. There is so much America can accomplish with soft power and diplomatic means. That requires funding. None of these problems will go away quickly but if you care about the rights of gay people in other countries, let your representatives know. Again, there are no fast answers or quick solutions. But its the beginning of problem solving--which is just to let them know they should continue to stay apprised and sign off on funding when its possible.

by Anonymousreply 74September 13, 2021 9:27 PM

here are the worst countries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75September 13, 2021 10:08 PM

And more countries where it's illegal (including Palestinian territories and lots of African countries).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76September 13, 2021 10:13 PM

Give a few minutes to convincingly pretend I'm surprised.

by Anonymousreply 77September 13, 2021 11:19 PM

R68 Absolutely not. Under Trump, this wouldn’t have unraveled this way. This is on your guy. Fuck off, trash!

by Anonymousreply 78September 14, 2021 12:14 AM

We must defend Biden. No matter what.

by Anonymousreply 79September 14, 2021 12:18 AM

ugh the trump trolls on here are deranged.

I did spend some time today thinking about Americas housing crisis. We actually need to build about 25 million new units in the next few years. Its a shame our former president wasnt really interested in building anything other than a useless wall.

And I'm sure any Trump fans are aware, but can overlook (which is your right) that under his administration, the soft power measures to protect gays in unfriendly countries were nearly eliminated due to thousands of christian fundamentalists who took many of the 5,000 administration jobs as well as his refusal to staff the state department. Because while there is a list of 13 horrible places where you can be murdered for being gay and it's a risk, it's not like they're doing it daily like the Taliban is now doing. American carrots and sticks make a difference with this stuff even if the letter of the law is not changed.

by Anonymousreply 80September 14, 2021 1:31 AM

r6 Absolutely horrifying,primitive and despicable.

by Anonymousreply 81September 14, 2021 1:56 AM

r34 Is he still alive?

by Anonymousreply 82September 14, 2021 1:59 AM

by Anonymousreply 83September 14, 2021 4:10 AM

Being aghast and appalled by this does not mean supporting permanent military occupations abroad. Almost every country that supports killing our community is Muslim. Are we just going to occupy the entire Middle East and abolish Islam? That's never going to work. There are way more of them than there are of us. We can offer aid and support to our fellow gays from afar, but this is ultimately their fight to wage in their own nation, not ours.

by Anonymousreply 84September 14, 2021 4:36 AM

Biden.

by Anonymousreply 85September 14, 2021 1:17 PM

Bacha bazi . Although the Taliban opposes it, it's the boy and not the man who suffers punishment. Just like the female is always at fault for being raped. Islam is a screwed up religion with screwed up people. I don't want to be anywhere near them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86September 14, 2021 1:57 PM

What werewe doing there for twenty years? We don't seem to have made much of an impact. Other than running the Kabul Beauty School and reading Lolita in Tehran and those three cups of tea (or was that in Bagdad?)

by Anonymousreply 87September 14, 2021 2:06 PM

Increasing opium production, for one thing, r87.

by Anonymousreply 88September 14, 2021 2:22 PM

They’re not going after “LGBTQ” people. They’re going after gay men.

by Anonymousreply 89September 14, 2021 2:39 PM

Let's just hope the tops are okay.

by Anonymousreply 90September 14, 2021 2:49 PM

The Taliban is setting up a new government. Four of the cabinet members are terrorists set free by Obama in exchange for the traitor Bowe Bergdahl.

by Anonymousreply 91September 14, 2021 3:00 PM

[quote] I don't want to be anywhere near them.

You may not have much choice, R86.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92September 15, 2021 12:41 AM

Over a thousand transported to Michigan this month. It’s already a Muslim enclave and it’s no fun. I have first hand experience.

by Anonymousreply 93September 15, 2021 12:53 AM

Sorry for you r78, but under Trump this would have been much worse. Trump destroys any and everything he touches. He had plans to leave Afghanistan before he left office but chicken shitted out. Like the wimp that he is, he let the Taliban go free,promised them the country, and signed a contract that we would be out by May. Then he bolted like the pussy that he is. It's a shame you're one of his gullible stooges that can't see what's real.

by Anonymousreply 94September 15, 2021 2:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!