Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Secret Hollywood Republicans?

Are there any Hollywood celebs you believe may be secretly Republican?

Sam Rockwell (Said GWB is likeable and that Robert Duvall is the coolest guy at parties)

AJ Cook

Elijah Wood

by Anonymousreply 179September 21, 2021 12:32 AM

There were some blinds that hinted at Michael Bay secretly donating money to Trump through a friend.

Someone I know who worked with Hilary Duff told me that she's ultra-conservative.

by Anonymousreply 1September 11, 2021 11:48 AM

AJ Cook is a Mormon, so that's not surprising. Though Brandon Flowers (the hot guy in The Killers) is a Mormon and was a Ralph Nader supporter.

by Anonymousreply 2September 11, 2021 11:49 AM

I wouldn't say those 2 opinions of Sam Rockwell prove anything.

I bet Robert Duval IS a cool guy at parties. He's got great old hollywood dish and he Tangos. And, I feel gross saying this, but GWB is likable. He's a buffoon and a war criminal but, surface level, he's likable.

And per Elijah Wood's twitter he supports Dems.

by Anonymousreply 3September 11, 2021 12:06 PM

I could see Elijah Wood as a libertarian.

by Anonymousreply 4September 11, 2021 12:12 PM

Didn't we already do this with communists back in the 50s? Who cares who is a secret republican in Hollywood?

by Anonymousreply 5September 11, 2021 12:33 PM

I know for a solid fact that Isabelle Furhman (Orphan) is a staunch Republican who is terrified that anyone will find out.

I know someone who banged her

by Anonymousreply 6September 11, 2021 12:46 PM

How can one be a secret Republican ? Isn't party registration public?

by Anonymousreply 7September 11, 2021 12:50 PM

A lot of former child stars (Kirk Cameron, Melssa Joan Hart, etc.) are conservative.

by Anonymousreply 8September 11, 2021 1:02 PM

I can't remember how I came across this, but apparently the wife of David Canary is a republican while he was a democrat. I thought that was very strange.

by Anonymousreply 9September 11, 2021 1:03 PM

R1 neither of those shock me.

by Anonymousreply 10September 11, 2021 2:27 PM

Joshua Morrow, sadly.

by Anonymousreply 11September 11, 2021 2:45 PM

Sean Astin and Elijah Wood are both bleeding heart liberals, bless 'em. (Although Wood is not as active as his friend). Anyone who's ever actually read either twitter thread knows this.

by Anonymousreply 12September 11, 2021 2:47 PM

Are you, zir or have ze ever been, a member of the Republican Party? Will ze name names of those who are?

Hollywood Republican Witch Hunt

by Anonymousreply 13September 11, 2021 2:53 PM

Hasn't Sean Astin done some of those movies marketed specifically to the church-going audiences?

by Anonymousreply 14September 11, 2021 3:00 PM

The witch hunt of the 1950s was about removing people from their jobs. Asking who's a secret Republican a message board is totally different. No one is demanding anyone lose a job-- probably people want to know so they can choose not to support projects by crypto-Republicans. That's how the free market works. You get to choose where you spend your money based on whatever criteria matter to you.

by Anonymousreply 15September 11, 2021 5:19 PM

Of course it's different, r15. But the sentiment is the same.

As a person who has dealt with severe depression and been saved by medicine, I despise Tom Cruise and his repellent views. But I still go to see the Mission: Impossible movies because I can check my dislike for him and allow myself to enjoy the escapism.

by Anonymousreply 16September 11, 2021 5:31 PM

I can't imagine anyone caring much about Isabelle Fuhrman's politics, but her dad was a GOP wannabe politician so that checks out somewhat. (I mean it's not proof of r9 but it makes it seem more likely than if she were raised by staunch leftists or something like that.)

Personally I am not going to skip any movies just because the stars or directors or producers are Republicans, but I am a little curious about the "secret" ones too in the gossip sense.

by Anonymousreply 17September 11, 2021 5:37 PM

^Okay I looked up Isabelle Fuhrman's political donations out of curiosity, and she gave $220 to Kanye 2020, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 18September 11, 2021 5:39 PM

It's not the same at all. In the 50s, people believed that a secret cabal of communists in Hollywood were corrupting the country by creating movies that promoted communism. Congress created the HUAC to identify and blacklist enemies of the state. A bunch of people talking about who's a republican is not sponsored by the government. In a free society, you choose what to support. If Tom Cruise brings you pleasure, more power to you. If another person wants to avoid supporting Scientology, that's their right. If Congress created a committee to ferret out Scientologists in Hollywood, then that would be like the 1950s.

by Anonymousreply 19September 11, 2021 6:20 PM

The sentiment is the same, not the actual process. But you know that.

by Anonymousreply 20September 11, 2021 6:30 PM

Kelsey Grammer, but he's quite open about it (or was)

by Anonymousreply 21September 11, 2021 7:27 PM

I think this site may only show presidential elections.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 11, 2021 7:32 PM

JOAN RIVERS!

by Anonymousreply 23September 11, 2021 7:33 PM

Lester Holt. After he was outed for being a republican several years ago, he re-registered as an independent. But I am sure he is still a republican. Once a republican, ALWAYS a republican.

by Anonymousreply 24September 11, 2021 7:54 PM

I think it's insanity to care about this stuff. They actors, they're putting a performance. Who they are outside of their character is irrelevant. I think Jon Voight is freaking moron, but I still enjoyed his performance on Ray Donovan. Well, until Mickey survived that bus explosion and then I was out.

What I really want to know is do you cut off family members who are republican and I've been on here long enough to know that you all have them and not just republicans but Trumpers which is even worse.

by Anonymousreply 25September 11, 2021 7:57 PM

Ross Matthews.

by Anonymousreply 26September 11, 2021 7:58 PM

Yes R25, I am happy to say I only have one relative who is a republican, but I write off relatives and friends who are republicans. I cannot have such evil in my life. I can think of no redeeming qualities of a republican. None. They are responsible for everything bad in this world (i.e., global warming, climate change, school and other mass shootings, our decaying infrastructure, pollution, etc.)

by Anonymousreply 27September 11, 2021 8:09 PM

I forgot to add that they are responsible for the ongoing covid crisis.

by Anonymousreply 28September 11, 2021 8:13 PM

It's not a secret but Kevin Sorbo is a GQP nut job....from his twitter feed. Larry Adler's best friend!!

by Anonymousreply 29September 11, 2021 8:26 PM

OP: Are we supposed to find a person we like is a MAGA idiot and somehow that will change our belief system?

by Anonymousreply 30September 12, 2021 12:42 AM

I so don’t get America. I just don’t. You can’t separate Politics at all. You define yourselves with it. You can’t just like an actor. You have to define the actor because he is on your team. It is so weird to a non American.

I have no idea what Maggie Smith thinks or Judi Dench and frankly I don’t fucking care. But you guys do. So fucking weird.

by Anonymousreply 31September 12, 2021 2:37 AM

G. is a closeted Republican. Gives her best performance hiding it.

by Anonymousreply 32September 12, 2021 2:40 AM

so fucking what??!! all celebs have to be demonrats?? how fucking democratic of you...

by Anonymousreply 33September 12, 2021 2:41 AM

I don’t think Elijah Wood is conservative. Why would he live in Austin?

by Anonymousreply 34September 12, 2021 2:43 AM

Elijah endorsed Obama and is openly supportive of both gay and women’s rights. He is a Liberal.

by Anonymousreply 35September 12, 2021 2:48 AM

Rip Taylor

Wink Martindale

Charo

Leslie Uggams

The Hamburgler

Fred Jones (of Scooby Doo & Friends fame)

by Anonymousreply 36September 12, 2021 2:56 AM

Ali Larter

by Anonymousreply 37September 12, 2021 3:01 AM

The talent-less dick bag Chris Pratt.

by Anonymousreply 38September 12, 2021 3:01 AM

Paris Hilton

by Anonymousreply 39September 12, 2021 3:02 AM

Frances McDormand once said she keeps her politics private. I thought maybe she was a Republican but likely she’s just a liberal closeted lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 40September 12, 2021 3:10 AM

R40 Who cares about her? Big whoop, so she has four Oscars. I'll get there eventually. Can't you all just shut the fuck up about Frances McDormand for once?

by Anonymousreply 41September 12, 2021 3:12 AM

Bob Eubanks

Sir Mix-A-Lot

Tinky Winky

William "She Bangs" Hung

Willa Ford

The Original White "Jake from State Farm"

They may all be Hollywood heavy-hitters but each of them are staunch Republicans!

by Anonymousreply 42September 12, 2021 3:20 AM

I believe OP is a secret Republican.

Do my beliefs make it true?

by Anonymousreply 43September 12, 2021 3:25 AM

Joan Rivers wasn’t secretive about being a republican, socially liberal, fiscally conservative.

by Anonymousreply 44September 12, 2021 3:28 AM

Joel Courtney.

by Anonymousreply 45September 12, 2021 3:33 AM

Big fat Kirstie Alley is a republican.

by Anonymousreply 46September 12, 2021 3:51 AM

R46, that's not a secret

by Anonymousreply 47September 12, 2021 3:54 AM

R31 I really only care if 1) it’s clear someone’s views are heavily informing their work (Mel Gibson); or 2) they’re just so vocal and disgusting about it that you can’t really ignore (though, with the exception of Jon Voight, this is largely the domain of talentless has-beens).

What Robert Duvall or Patty Heaton are, I don’t really care. And they’re good at what they do, most importantly.

by Anonymousreply 48September 12, 2021 4:03 AM

I'm always a bit curious about the ones who go "oh, I'm very private about politics" or "oh, I don't like to get political". That's always a bit of a red flag to me.

As for secret ones, I don't know...but it always seems like the child stars and especially the has-beens (who had their time in the 70s, 80s, or 90s and then really fizzled out) tend to be/become really right-wing. Kind of odd.

by Anonymousreply 49September 12, 2021 4:59 AM

R41: Bitch, Once I get my fifth Oscar next year for MacBeth my dominion over you will be compete. Right now I have four oscars, one Emmy, and a tony(you’re too much of a coward to do Broadway). I just need to do an audiobook to get the Grammy. By the time I outnumber you you’re gonna make G look like a fucking success story.

by Anonymousreply 50September 12, 2021 11:55 AM

R1, he's been lamenting via Instagram about the withdrawal of US troops from Afghanistan. Definitely not a supporter of Biden, who is the first US President in 20 years to do the right thing and end the colonial-style babysitting there.

by Anonymousreply 51September 12, 2021 12:04 PM

Weird though he may be, I think I read somewhere that Tom Cruise is a Democrat, though who knows if that was accurate or not.

by Anonymousreply 52September 12, 2021 12:24 PM

Kirstie “Pig” Alley. What an all around asshole she is.

by Anonymousreply 53September 12, 2021 12:35 PM

No way in hell is Frances Mcdormand a republican.

by Anonymousreply 54September 12, 2021 12:39 PM

R31 That's just it: you don't care because you don't know. If Judi Dench or Maggie Smith (etc) were constantly banging on about their political beliefs and if those beliefs were totally the opposite of yours, you'd care (unless you're just completely apathetic).

Imagine Judi Dench on Twitter telling everyone "it's Adam and EVE, not Adam and STEVE!" Now do you care?

American celebrities never. Shut. Up. And it makes it difficult to impossible to still enjoy their work when you know the stupid and hurtful ideologies some of them espouse.

by Anonymousreply 55September 12, 2021 12:50 PM

I don’t know anything about Sam Rockwell’s politics but I knew from a store in NYC that a lot of celebs used to come into and he was a lovely and very down to earth person who treated the workers with kindness .

by Anonymousreply 56September 12, 2021 1:02 PM

Possibly r55 you are right. I mean I know Emma Thompson bangs on about Extinction Rebellion all the time and cutting down on carbon while flying to the US First Class as many times as she can. But I still love “ Howard’s End” and “ Sense and Sensibility” etc.

I just think your point is moot when you are discussing secret Republicans. I mean clearly you think you know their opinions, but the point of this thread is no one is 100% sure.

It shouldn’t matter. It matters how a person treats me and others. America is obsessed with ripping people down you don’t like. It is like Salem and it is like the 1950s. There is no difference. You think your right. They thought they were right. You know why I know I am right? Because you actually feel morally superior and on the right side of history. Lots of evil has occurred when you feel you are on the right side of history.

by Anonymousreply 57September 12, 2021 1:38 PM

Hedda Hopper, despite having a guy son and being friends with registered communist Lucy.

by Anonymousreply 58September 12, 2021 1:46 PM

If Hedda Hopper was a republican, you need to remember that the republican party was very different back then.

by Anonymousreply 59September 12, 2021 3:24 PM

[quote] Lots of evil has occurred when you feel you are on the right side of history.

Truth. Having studied history at college, I cringe whenever I hear someone parrot that phrase.

by Anonymousreply 60September 12, 2021 5:19 PM

I don't like the McCarthy-like political climate of today but out of curiosity, I did fall into the rabbit hole of researching this very same subject [Celebrity Political Donations] last election cycle. It's a stretch to call her a "celebrity" but Alison Sweeney (of "Days Of Our Lives" & "The Biggest Loser" fame) is a big time Repub. Married to a cop, the whole bit. I wouldn't be surprised if she appears regularly on Fox News & TBN.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61September 12, 2021 6:36 PM

One should note that McDormand has 3 Oscars, not 4.

by Anonymousreply 62September 12, 2021 7:34 PM

Freddie Prinze Jr. is a Republican if I recall.

by Anonymousreply 63September 12, 2021 7:47 PM

3 acting Oscars + 1 producing Oscar = 4 Oscars

by Anonymousreply 64September 12, 2021 7:47 PM

Allison Sweeny is not retired nor does she live in Arizona.

by Anonymousreply 65September 12, 2021 7:48 PM

[quote] Freddie Prinze Jr. is a Republican if I recall.

R63, that's not the least bit surprising. His wife Sarah Michelle Gellar's forced smiles & faux-sweet demeanor have always SCREAMED "Mean, Soul-Crushing, Tantrum-Throwing, Hardball-Playing, Republican Bitch" to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66September 12, 2021 8:21 PM

Right

by Anonymousreply 67September 13, 2021 1:04 AM

R66 that would describe about 90 percent of Hollywood don’t you think? Also I’m pretty sure she posted something congratulatory about Kamala when Biden was elected.

by Anonymousreply 68September 13, 2021 1:29 AM

R66, from what I hear, Sarah Michelle Gellar is an absolute nightmare. Everything you just described. Abusive on set, a screamer, spoiled, bratty. I'd be interested in hearing what anyone who has worked with her or knows someone who has worked with her has to say about her.

by Anonymousreply 69September 13, 2021 1:48 AM

R26 how could that screaming queen possibly be a Republican?

by Anonymousreply 70September 13, 2021 1:52 AM

Jesse Metcalf erased a tweet since the dems took over in Jan. '21

about watching what you say about those in power.

by Anonymousreply 71September 13, 2021 2:05 AM

Robert Beltran, Roxanne Dawson of Star Trek Voyager both supported Trump as I recall.

Jeri Ryan claims to be a leftie in public but might be a closet rightie (She was with that Senator from Ill.)

Recently deceased Willard Scott appeared on the 700 Club back in the 90s to wish Pattie a happy birthday at times.

He had an old farmhouse in Virginia at one point & was into civil war stuff (like fellow repub John Schneider).

Like lots of righties, I'm guessing Willard may not of been a fan of Covid measures but it's claimed he died of natural causes.

by Anonymousreply 72September 13, 2021 2:13 AM

R69 I don’t think she’s been involved in her life for a while but SMG had a horrible stage mother - who looked like a bag lady. I also think it’s funny how she tried so hard in her Buffy makeover to erase all her ethnicity and then as she aged (which she did badly) it all crept back up with a vengeance.

by Anonymousreply 73September 13, 2021 2:17 AM

R69's friend is a liar. SMG is one of the most professional people on any set. I have no idea, nor do I care, about her politics, but don't lie about her on set behavior.

by Anonymousreply 74September 13, 2021 2:20 AM

Zack from BB.

by Anonymousreply 75September 13, 2021 2:21 AM

Leftists are against “right wing” topics, like the death penalty or rooting out enemies of the state, sexual morality, until they’re in power. The actions during the French Revolution are a good example. All of you extra letters, Hell, perhaps all the letters in gay and lesbian alliance, we’re toast. To my fellow non-Democrats, these Leftists aren’t your friends. They’re the kind who would turn you in (to the authorities). We know what all this going to come down to.

by Anonymousreply 76September 13, 2021 2:25 AM

R76, it’s time for your meds. Take double.

by Anonymousreply 77September 13, 2021 2:27 AM

LOL R77 I agree.

by Anonymousreply 78September 13, 2021 2:28 AM

Hey r76. Take them all! Can’t hurt, can it?

Fuckwad defacto.

by Anonymousreply 79September 13, 2021 2:32 AM

…a d you’re offering the French Revolution as proof? Something that happened a zillion years ago and NOT EVEN HERE??

by Anonymousreply 80September 13, 2021 2:33 AM

R76 may be off his meds, but the French Revolution is a good warning of what happens when the extreme left gets power and uses it against anybody who doesn’t embrace the ideology. A great novel to read is Anatole France’s The Gods Will Have Blood (1912).

Fortunately, the system set up by the US founding fathers has proven incredibly durable, and ensures that the people can put a check on the power grabs of either side every two years. We saw that happen with Trump and we’ll likely see that with Biden next year.

by Anonymousreply 81September 13, 2021 3:02 AM

Though she often posts support for the gay community, I think Katharine McPhee was outed as a right-winger via her political donations.

by Anonymousreply 82September 13, 2021 3:07 AM

R24, Back in the late 2000's I heard on good authority that Lester Holt is in the closet and a power bottom.

by Anonymousreply 83September 13, 2021 3:18 AM

R65, what are you talking about? All of those contributions at R61's link came from a Mrs. Alison Sweeney in Acadia, CA ( where the celeb Alison Sweeney resided at one time). I see no mention of Arizona or anyone being retired.

by Anonymousreply 84September 13, 2021 3:34 AM

[quote] Recently deceased Willard Scott appeared on the 700 Club back in the 90s to wish Pattie a happy birthday at times. He had an old farmhouse in Virginia at one point & was into civil war stuff (like fellow repub John Schneider).

My dad is a Civil War buff. He's not a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 85September 13, 2021 3:36 AM

[quote] Big fat Kirstie Alley is a republican.

So is bigger fatter John "I'd be broke without Pixar" Ratzenberger. It's funny how [italic]Cheers[/italic]'s left-wing fan base conveniently ignores the fact that the show had three Republican cast members and two Mormon creators.

by Anonymousreply 86September 13, 2021 3:40 AM

R81 and Nazi Germany is a good example of when the far right takes over.

by Anonymousreply 87September 13, 2021 5:35 AM

National Socialism is not right-wing by any metric. Not economically, not socially. They increased state power over the private sector, they allied with Stalin, and they supported tr*ns:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88September 13, 2021 5:46 AM

Ellen...Jeff Probst (my ex and I met him in person before he was on Survivor ----total A-Hole)...Shemar Moore....Julie Chen (she doesn't really hide it)...

by Anonymousreply 89September 13, 2021 8:32 AM

Jeff Palmer

by Anonymousreply 90September 13, 2021 9:26 AM

R69 Buffy must have been a riot between SMG, Joss and David on set.

by Anonymousreply 91September 13, 2021 10:44 AM

R88 You’re a canary in a gold mine. Many of these people are deaf. Even with “white gay men” being a sounding cry for those on the SJW Left, many of our gay brothers are still some of their loudest cheerleaders

by Anonymousreply 92September 13, 2021 4:34 PM

Gay supporters of TQ+ propaganda = Jews for Hitler

by Anonymousreply 93September 13, 2021 4:36 PM

[quote] I know for a solid fact that Isabelle Furhman (Orphan) is a staunch Republican who is terrified that anyone will find out. I know someone who banged her.

Did they bang her doubly hard once they found out?

by Anonymousreply 94September 13, 2021 4:58 PM

The over-generalizing and demonizing of Republicans on this board is lazy and lacking in intellectual curiosity. It's sad.

by Anonymousreply 95September 13, 2021 4:59 PM

R95 Go eat five tubes of Ivermectin.

by Anonymousreply 96September 13, 2021 5:11 PM

Not Hollywood but I was devastated to learn yesterday that Alain Delon was a right-wing loon who is against gay adoption, thinks gays are 'against nature', beats women and supports the Le Pen clan. So crumble the idols of yesteryear....

by Anonymousreply 97September 13, 2021 11:11 PM

I'd always liked Robert Duvall until I read an article in the NY Daily News or maybe the crappy NY Post about Duvall crossing a picket line during a waiter's strike at the Rainbow Room at Rockefeller Center years ago. The waiters recognized him and called him out as a fellow union member (SAG) for crossing a picket line to enter the now scab-run establishment. Duvall, apparently already quite drunk hollered obscenities at the strikers, but then lost his balance and fell into the gutter after miscalculating the curb. The strikers called him a loser and refused to help him get back on his feet. I believe there were photographs in the article too.

I've despised him ever since. He's a creep, a drunk and a loser. Fuck Robert Duvall.

by Anonymousreply 98September 13, 2021 11:21 PM

r97 also the way he completely abandoned the child he had with Nico... seems like a real piece of work. Then again that sounds like the republican party and their 'family values' lol.

by Anonymousreply 99September 14, 2021 11:38 AM

R69 is Betty Buckley

by Anonymousreply 100September 14, 2021 11:52 AM

R44 Sorry but you can be socially liberal and fiscally conservative but once you vote Republican, you know full well what will happen to your social causes

by Anonymousreply 101September 14, 2021 11:55 AM

One of the long time conservative talking points to masturbate over is liberal Hollywood and its agenda. When you’ve been exposed to that line of lament for so long, it’s only natural to consider who actually might not be a liberal.

by Anonymousreply 102September 14, 2021 2:23 PM

Is Shannen Doherty still are a Republican?

by Anonymousreply 103September 14, 2021 2:43 PM

R103 she’s almost certainly not a Trumper but I see her as the type to not vote for either candidate.

I remember several years go she once tweeted and hash tagged #mikehuckabeeisamoron, so there’s that.

by Anonymousreply 104September 15, 2021 7:50 AM

Wasn’t Robert Duval the actor in the Handmaid’s Tale, the movie with Natasha Richardson? Well then he was not acting when he fucked the handmaiden.

by Anonymousreply 105September 15, 2021 10:10 AM

ROSS MATTHEWS?!! GTFOH

by Anonymousreply 106September 15, 2021 11:44 AM

OP, Sam Rockwell what?? Michelle Obama thinks Dubya is likeable! So?!

by Anonymousreply 107September 15, 2021 11:48 AM

Gavin Newsom.

by Anonymousreply 108September 15, 2021 3:46 PM

OJ Simpson

by Anonymousreply 109September 15, 2021 3:54 PM

David Sutcliffe, the actor who played Rory's dad in Gilmore Girls

by Anonymousreply 110September 15, 2021 3:55 PM

Jeri Ryan was never married to a senator she was married to a senatorial candidate that she had been divorced from for some time when he ran against Obama in 2004.

If SMG was a nightmare on set i doubt she would’ve been cast to costar with an emotionally fragile robin williams on their short lived tv series.

by Anonymousreply 111September 15, 2021 3:58 PM

R110, he’s not so secret:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112September 15, 2021 4:12 PM

If you don't care what I do in my bed, then I don't care what you think in your head.

by Anonymousreply 113September 15, 2021 5:43 PM

Gellar publicly endorsed Hillary and spoke out against the Texas law

by Anonymousreply 114September 15, 2021 8:10 PM

Mel Gibson was pretty vocal about his dislike of George W. Bush while the latter was in office.

I know he "saluted" Trump at some sporting event, but that seemed like a joke to me.

by Anonymousreply 115September 17, 2021 8:09 PM

Not "Hollywood", but I was a bit surprised when Alton Brown mentioned he was a "Centrist Republican" on his Youtube channel.

by Anonymousreply 116September 17, 2021 8:23 PM

R116 that’s kind of an oxymoron these days but whatever. Didn’t surprise me in the slightest however.

by Anonymousreply 117September 17, 2021 11:31 PM

Isn't David Lynch a Republican? Seems like I read that somewhere.....

by Anonymousreply 118September 18, 2021 12:44 AM

Duvall's a great actor so I excuse his politics. TS Eliot was a vicious anti-Semite, but a great poet. Untalented Republicans (99.9%) of them I hate. The rare talented ones, I ignore their politics.

by Anonymousreply 119September 18, 2021 12:54 AM

It's very easy to tell the secret Republicans of Hollywood: are they forgettable, out of work, and/or marginally talented? If yes, they are likely a Republican. Do they avoid politics on social media? Then you can be reasonably certain they are a republican.

Most Millennial actors or people you don't have to google will be Liberals more often than not.

You'll find Republicans on Soap Operas and Hallmark. It's honestly that easy. Allison Sweeney fits the bill for both.

by Anonymousreply 120September 18, 2021 1:48 AM

Here's the deal: people who tend to openness in personality also tend be a) more interested in the arts and b) more likely to be liberal, so it's not surprising that most celebrities in the fields of arts and entertainment tend to be liberal, making those who are conservative much rarer.

by Anonymousreply 121September 18, 2021 2:07 AM

R120 she also donated to Trump and other GOP candidates

by Anonymousreply 122September 18, 2021 2:15 AM

Boris is a Republican Fascist, but really, he is just a fat, stupid, troll alone in his Mom’s basement spamming Right wing shit for years.

by Anonymousreply 123September 18, 2021 3:30 AM

Nicole Kidman. She is gidmother of Rupert Murdochs children and attended a party thrown by Ivanka Trump. She also suggested that we give Trump a chance. No way she isn't a right winger.

by Anonymousreply 124September 18, 2021 4:00 AM

R118 He was a Bernie Sanders supporter in 2016.

R124 Tammy was a big Hillary Clinton supporter, maybe that's why?

by Anonymousreply 125September 18, 2021 8:34 AM

I also think some folks are curious because of what the Republican party has become. That's the issue. Conservatism is fine, as along as it's within reasonable parameters (same with liberalism). But the party has devolved into a cesspool of conspiracy meets neofascism that directly affects the future of American democracy itself...and yes, that's a legitimate cause for concern.

by Anonymousreply 126September 18, 2021 9:18 AM

R126 You’re just a propagandist for the Democrats repeating their talking points. I’ve followed politics for decades. Your kind says that every election cycle.

by Anonymousreply 127September 18, 2021 4:19 PM

“your kind,” r127? You’re no doubt following politics from Minsk. Yeah I said it, Boris/Defucktard.

by Anonymousreply 128September 18, 2021 4:21 PM

R127 and you go back to Breitbart, troll

by Anonymousreply 129September 18, 2021 5:04 PM

I figured Rob Morrow from Northern Exposure was a Republican because he was in that Atlas Shrugged movie. But his social media suggests otherwise. Maybe he was desperate for work.

by Anonymousreply 130September 18, 2021 5:20 PM

R130, yeah, I think he needed the work. He hasn’t done much since Northern Exposure. And his Twitter feed is very liberal.

by Anonymousreply 131September 18, 2021 5:27 PM

R126, you do realize that the Republicans see it this way:

But the Democrats have devolved into a cesspool of identitarianism meets neofascism that directly affects the future of American democracy itself...and yes, that's a legitimate cause for concern.

Leaving us rational people in the center lost and unrepresented.

by Anonymousreply 132September 18, 2021 6:59 PM

Male Model Colin Wayne is no longer a secret repub =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133September 18, 2021 7:30 PM

Angelina Jolie. Possibly, Brad Pitt (his parents are big time religious MAGAts, he's probably more of a Libertarian.)

by Anonymousreply 134September 18, 2021 7:59 PM

I thought McConaughey was a republican but his threats to run against psycho Greg Abbott, describing himself as a 'centrist' and his participation in the March4OurLives in favor of much stricter gun control and banning assault weapons, if he's a republican he's a moderate. Probably a blue dog Dem.

by Anonymousreply 135September 18, 2021 8:02 PM

R127 That's funny, bullshit again and tell another one! LOL!

by Anonymousreply 136September 19, 2021 12:56 AM

R132 And that's the problem, as it's a straight up false equivalency. Yes, the left has its issues no doubt, but to say they are on the level of what the right has become, and what the Republican party itself openly endorses, is just bullshit. It's not the same. I'll believe that when the crazies on the left decide to storm the capital and mount an insurrection that hasn't been seen in nearly 200 years.

by Anonymousreply 137September 19, 2021 1:01 AM

R137, but there again, most people not on the left don't see 1/6 as an insurrection, rather as a riot by morons. Many in the center and the vast majority on the right think the riots across the country in 2020 were far worse and consider Biden's vaccine mandate a greater threat to our country.

by Anonymousreply 138September 19, 2021 1:26 AM

R138 nobody in the center thinks a bunch of sporadic riots after Floyd's death were a bigger threat than 1/6. And the vaccine mandate is nonsense: there have been vaccine mandates throughout our country's history: smallpox, polio. Kids have to be vaccinated to go to school.

We're never going to get through this fucking pandemic without the vast majority of the population being vaccinated. Though the anti-vaxxer rightwingers seem to be killing themselves off with regularity so by hook or by crook (wielded by the Grim Reaper), we'll get there.

by Anonymousreply 139September 19, 2021 1:47 AM

R138 GWB compared the terrorists of 9/11 to the “terrorists” of 1/6. So I don’t think so.

And really I shouldn’t even be putting that second one in quotes.

by Anonymousreply 140September 19, 2021 2:04 AM

R139, r140, consider myself a centrist and listen to podcasts from across the spectrum and what I hear is what I reported, including the fact that the right hates GWB now. So, there's that.

by Anonymousreply 141September 19, 2021 2:50 AM

R141 we know the right does. You said centrists and moderates.

by Anonymousreply 142September 19, 2021 2:55 AM

Quoting myself r142:

Many in the center and the vast majority on the right

by Anonymousreply 143September 19, 2021 3:07 AM

Boris is a fat retard from Queens

by Anonymousreply 144September 19, 2021 3:11 AM

Actually r138 the majority of the country supported the protests against our shameful police brutality (what you would call riots). It was covered on 538 if you want to look it up. I don't think these anti-police reform centrists exist.

by Anonymousreply 145September 19, 2021 3:13 AM

Wow the virtual inquisition. I so agree with you R31 I don't get the American mentality either. Between this witch hunt and their obsession with race, I feel like I'm in immersion at the most hateful world. Someone above compared it to Maccartyism that hunted Communists and he/she was right. I hate Communists but to me this delator behavior is science fiction. In Europe we never see this kind of thing. And contrary to what I've read above Hollywood was also hunting Communist actors and made a lot of mistakes by suspecting people who were not even Communists and whose lives were ruined. The genius Charlie Chaplin had to go into exile for these reasons. This thread, I'm speechless...

by Anonymousreply 146September 19, 2021 3:27 AM

R146 Shut up Boris. Not six months ago, Republicans were hunting Democrats and security to KILL them. Chew on that Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 147September 19, 2021 3:33 AM

R138 Sorry, but that's straight up bullshit. As others have said, the studies and stats refute that. If you truly believe that, you are part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 148September 19, 2021 5:35 AM

[quote]from what I hear, Sarah Michelle Gellar is an absolute nightmare. Everything you just described. Abusive on set, a screamer, spoiled, bratty. I'd be interested in hearing what anyone who has worked with her or knows someone who has worked with her has to say about her.

Come sit next to me.

by Anonymousreply 149September 19, 2021 5:53 AM

Fuck off, Susan. You’re a Republican too!

by Anonymousreply 150September 19, 2021 6:04 AM

Susan Richardson

by Anonymousreply 151September 19, 2021 6:50 AM

What determines whether you’re a “Republican” or not.

I live in Seattle, but this coming election, I’m voting for the Republican candidate for district attorney because the Democratic candidate is a crazy abolish the police fanatic who wants to stop prosecuting misdemeanors.

Stop judging candidates on whether they’re Republicans or not and start judging them on the relevant issue on the positions they are running for. For the district attorney position, I don’t want someone who wants to set all the criminals free. Maybe the Republican candidate is pro-life and anti-choice, but her position as district attorney in Seattle has no bearing on whether Roe v Wade gets overturned.

by Anonymousreply 152September 19, 2021 7:24 AM

[quote] the French Revolution is a good warning

And this thread is brought to us by Madam Defarge.

And Madam Defarge is eager for blood!.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153September 19, 2021 7:58 AM

Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson

by Anonymousreply 154September 19, 2021 8:06 AM

[quote] If SMG was a nightmare on set i doubt she would’ve been cast to costar with an emotionally fragile robin williams on their short lived tv series

It’s like r111 thinks Hollywood producers and casting agents have personalities and intentions akin to Bambi, Francis of Assissi and Pollyanna.

by Anonymousreply 155September 19, 2021 8:12 AM

[quote] Are there any Hollywood celebs you believe may be secretly Republican?

These secret conspirators must be rooted out!

They must be exposed!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156September 19, 2021 8:17 AM

Kelly Garrett and Beamish.

by Anonymousreply 157September 19, 2021 8:25 AM

This thread descended exactly into what I thought it would, a witch hunt. “Burn them!”! Only you are virtuous , only you know the truth. Only your lives are in danger. “Anyone who doesn’t agree with me is a troll, Boris or Fascist!!. “You really are full of moral certitude and feel you are above the peasants who don’t have your inner knowledge. Not American ,thank god .

by Anonymousreply 158September 19, 2021 10:20 AM

I've said it many times but on this website, the so-called Dems are fanatical, violent, paranoid. They look more like Wokeist fascists than Democrats. Witch hunting is what the Wokes are doing everywhere they are, then they apply their cancel culture rule. Pathetic and dangerous behavior.

by Anonymousreply 159September 19, 2021 10:26 AM

I love DL, but it is a strange site.

DL seems to have it's strongest and most negative reactions to, republicans, out gay men, black people, and any woman who didn't live in NYC or it's suburbs between the mid 1950s through the 60s.

They claim all of those negative reactions are from "Boris", but I don't believe that. They hate republicans, yet seem to fall in line with a lot of republican talking points.

by Anonymousreply 160September 19, 2021 3:39 PM

It's hard to imagine anyone defending today's Republicans, given the greedy, corrupt organization the party has degenerated into. But Boris is here telling us that Democrats are the problem.

by Anonymousreply 161September 19, 2021 4:14 PM

[quote]Stop judging candidates on whether they’re Republicans or not and start judging them on the relevant issue on the positions they are running for

Fuck that, R152. You know goddamn well 90+% of "liberal," "moderate," or "centrist" Republican candidates who then become Republican incumbents always, ALWAYS vote with the Republican loons, the Republican unserious, the Republican reprobates, and the Republican naked power addicts.

So please spare us your mealymouthed shit-spewing. You already know Repubs vote with/for the party always, no matter what, while Democratic leaders have to fucking herd cats for even minor proposals.

And I don't need to hear shit about Kinzinger, Cheney, Murkowski, or that Michigan dude who came out for the 1st impeachment, then lost his seat. They all vote 99.9% with the GOP.

And Mitt Romney should drop dead; fucker LITERALLY was about to be shot inside the Capitol until at the last second he was pulled away by the scruff like a goddamned kitten. That fucker doesn't need the money, the connections, the prestige; he was born with all the above. So what is he even DOING?

by Anonymousreply 162September 19, 2021 11:46 PM

R162 Abuse is not debate.

by Anonymousreply 163September 19, 2021 11:48 PM

R160 I can't quite wrap my mind around that dichotomy. It's quite odd. I have a theory that there is a segment of posters here who live in wealthy blue enclaves and only vote Democrat because it's considered " respectable" and " classy" unlike those trashy NASCAR loving Republicans. They hate the same people that stormfront.com hates but don't want to be associated with heavyset and poor hillbillies in Nebraska or Missouri.

by Anonymousreply 164September 20, 2021 12:28 AM

R164 Interresting!

by Anonymousreply 165September 20, 2021 12:30 AM

R164, they vote Democratic (NOT Democrat) because it IS respectable and classy. You’re way off base.

by Anonymousreply 166September 20, 2021 12:34 AM

R164 is describing the millionaire elite who cast scorn on deplorables they thankfully never have to meet in person.

The same thing happened in Britain's Labour Party with a horrible snob named Lady Nujee mocking traditional working class Labour voters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167September 20, 2021 12:37 AM

Philip Winchester of Strike Back and SVU is an anti-Vaxxer. He posted a pic of Biden to Instagram this week, with the caption “Our Body, Our Choice”. He has since taken it down.

Oh - and he also follows Matt Gaetz, Ted Cruz and Madison Cawthorn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168September 20, 2021 1:07 AM

It's very easy OP. Any one with an IQ over 100 is a republican.

by Anonymousreply 169September 20, 2021 1:12 AM

Yup, that's why statistics tell us Democrats are college-educated and Republicans, well...no. You get the point, r169.

Biggest guffaw for a post--ever.

by Anonymousreply 170September 20, 2021 1:16 AM

I smell it too, baby.

by Anonymousreply 171September 20, 2021 1:34 AM

[quote]Oh - and he also follows Matt Gaetz, Ted Cruz and Madison Cawthorn.

Whose collective IQ is well below room temperature.

by Anonymousreply 172September 20, 2021 1:36 AM

Oooh, r127 has "followed politics for decades"!

"I smell it too, baby!"

by Anonymousreply 173September 20, 2021 4:18 AM

Dang, r171! Beat me to it!

by Anonymousreply 174September 20, 2021 4:18 AM

[quote] Philip Winchester of Strike Back and SVU is an anti-Vaxxer. He posted a pic of Biden to Instagram this week, with the caption “Our Body, Our Choice”. He has since taken it down.

Straight out of drama school, PW was in the RSC King Lear & The Seagull that toured internationally with Ian McKellen about 15 years ago. (He was devastatingly sexy onstage). It was a very dysfunctional company about which McKellen’s understudy wrote a memoir. About a third of the cast hated McKellen and each other. The understudy particularly loathed Romola Garai because when McKellen unrehearsedly shoved her when on onstage and she later hissed at him “never touch me like that again!”, the understudy was pissed that Romy Rome stated her boundaries.

Anyway, the understudy liked PW lot and described how he went to Harlem to see a preacher he liked.

I guess Winchester was raised very religious and conservative.

by Anonymousreply 175September 20, 2021 9:03 AM

[quote] Philip Winchester… I guess

Do you make guesses about his private voting intentions too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176September 20, 2021 9:37 AM

Damn. He's hot. That's a shame.

by Anonymousreply 177September 20, 2021 4:13 PM

R164 aka Boris

Noone with an education is voting for a party of backward, anti-science, racist, sexist, homophobic, party of wack jobs. That is why you are universally reviled here after all of your years of trolling. No one likes the shit you are pedaling. Be gone!!!!.

by Anonymousreply 178September 20, 2021 8:34 PM

Boris

Basically Other Reasonably Informed Scenarios

by Anonymousreply 179September 21, 2021 12:32 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!