Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Elinor Donahue Is A Nice Person

Oh some people think otherwise, but those people are clearly homosexuals.

by Anonymousreply 51October 17, 2021 3:46 PM

As for you Elinor Donahue, I know what you wanna do!

by Anonymousreply 1September 10, 2021 12:47 PM

Nurse Honeycutt from Days of our Lives?

by Anonymousreply 2September 10, 2021 12:49 PM

Remind me....was she Princess....or Kitten?

by Anonymousreply 3September 10, 2021 12:50 PM

Miriam delirium come into my solarium

by Anonymousreply 4September 10, 2021 1:06 PM

How could homosexuals not fall for tap dancing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 10, 2021 1:08 PM

[quote]I've never been married before, except to my career. I guess that's why I feel so insecure about being a wife. I want to be a good wife.... I feel like a teenager. He's smart, he's funny... and the best lover I've ever had.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 10, 2021 1:24 PM

"We want Ellie! We want Ellie!"

by Anonymousreply 7September 10, 2021 1:25 PM

[quote]Bridg, he's not really my uncle.

[quote]They never are, dear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 10, 2021 1:28 PM

I recently watched a bunch of her Television Academy interviews. She seems very hard on herself but is humble and honest about her life and career. Seems like good people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 10, 2021 1:44 PM

I read her combination autobiography/cookbook (sounds like a weird combo, but it worked), and came away liking her. She seemed very honest and down to Earth.

by Anonymousreply 10September 10, 2021 1:55 PM

The "quality" posting of this UK asshole OP:

Dumped by the rapist He called to tell me that after 2 rapes, his assessment is that I was a crap shag. That I was awful psychologically, relative to what I have been through and that I needed to talk to a sex counselor. And he was getting a restraining order.

Fair enough, neither he nor I have to continue with this relationship but it seems like I gave him my ass virginity and possibly got an STI from him (not career based) and then he decided to bail. It's been difficult to find a rapist who is willing to rape me so I had to settle for him. May be there is a reason he was the only rapist I could find with availability.

I already feel like shit and seeking rape and I just got dumped. And it was the way, he did it too. A short call that he was abandoning me. Bye, see ya crap snog.

by Anonymousreply 11September 10, 2021 1:58 PM

[quote] Seems like good people

No, not SEEMS, she IS.

Got that toots

by Anonymousreply 12September 10, 2021 2:45 PM

[quote]She seemed very honest and down to Earth.

Not SEMMED, IS....Got it toots

by Anonymousreply 13September 10, 2021 2:46 PM

r11

WTF did you have a stroke? Go back to your bars, your temples, your massage parlors

by Anonymousreply 14September 10, 2021 2:47 PM

She bearded for Felix Unger for several seasons, so she must be gay-friendly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 10, 2021 2:50 PM

With "sisters" Ann Todd and Jane Powell (and José Iturbi and Jeanette McDonald) in "Three Daring Daughters" (MGM, 1948.)

by Anonymousreply 16September 10, 2021 2:50 PM

Sorry-forgot the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 10, 2021 2:50 PM

No respect from "The Andy Griffith Show."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 10, 2021 2:52 PM

On a soap when she was getting married, the inside joke was her comment "Well, father knows best."

by Anonymousreply 19September 10, 2021 3:06 PM

What about Billy Gray and Lauren Chapin?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 10, 2021 8:07 PM

When FATHER KNOWS BEST debuted , it was hailed for going against the grain of most early 1950s sit-coms that employed the "idiot father" trope, like THE STU ERWIN SHOW, LIFE WITH RILEY and yes, even THE ADVENTURES OF OZZIE AND HARRIET.

Of course, nobody objected back then (TV reviewers were ALL men) about the "idiot wives" portrayed by Lucille Ball, Gracie Allen and Joan Davis, among others.

by Anonymousreply 21September 10, 2021 8:17 PM

[quote] LIFE WITH RILEY

The Life OF Riley.

by Anonymousreply 22September 10, 2021 9:23 PM

"Personally, I never felt that she put enough alcohol in my elixirs. "

"Not to mention her throwing herself at my nephew and filling Opie with all that ice cream."

"Lady druggist, indeed!"

by Anonymousreply 23September 10, 2021 10:33 PM

Korean night - Dwaejigogi-jjigae (Spicy Pork Stew)

Rice (not me but my partner)

Banchan: Kimchi Mung bean sprouts Carrot Cucumber

I didn't look up all the Korean names for the banchan. I love Maanchi. She's hilarious and her recipes are great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 10, 2021 10:44 PM

Missy, I need my pills!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 10, 2021 10:45 PM

She played the bitchy ambassador who had to be possessed by an alien to defrost and jump a hunk on Star Trek. Does anyone else remember Please Stand By? She was also Chris Elliott’s cheerfully dismissive mother on Get A Life.

by Anonymousreply 26September 10, 2021 10:45 PM

Oh, shit! Wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 27September 10, 2021 10:48 PM

She didn't give a shit about poor old Miss Emma's sciatica.

by Anonymousreply 28September 10, 2021 10:48 PM

Elinor Donahue Anacin Commercial (1972)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29September 10, 2021 10:48 PM

Miss Elinor had proper breeding, as well as the good taste to marry well.

So important.

by Anonymousreply 30September 11, 2021 12:34 AM

Here she is while a young'un in the "Dickey Bird Song" with Jane Powell, Jeanette McDonald and Ann Todd in "Three Daring Daughters"!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 11, 2021 12:39 AM

MacDonald, sorry

by Anonymousreply 32September 11, 2021 12:42 AM

Either Elinor Donahue or Joanna Moore would have been far better as the love interest for Andy. Helen Grump was horrible.

by Anonymousreply 33September 11, 2021 12:56 AM

^^ Even Clara Edwards would've been better than Crump the Grump.

by Anonymousreply 34September 11, 2021 1:17 AM

The interview linked at r9 was so sweet I watched several more clips from the full interview. What a lovely woman! Loved all her stories about Father Knows Best. She was married to TV producer Harry Ackerman, several years her senior, who was responsible for The Flying Nun, Bewitched, Hazel and so many other iconic sitcoms from the 1960s.

by Anonymousreply 35September 11, 2021 2:50 AM

She was Stan's ex-wife (Golden Girls) and the mother of the gay boy on "One Day At A Time."

by Anonymousreply 36September 11, 2021 3:10 PM

She peaked looks-wise as Miriam on "the Odd Couple."

by Anonymousreply 37September 11, 2021 3:10 PM

[quote]She was Stan's ex-wife (Golden Girls)

She was his wife-to-be, not his ex-wife. Although maybe she ditched him later -- I don't think she was ever mentioned again.

by Anonymousreply 38September 11, 2021 5:53 PM

r38

Since she married him in season 4 and in season 6 Stan is going to remarry Dorothy, I think it's safe to assume she's his ex-wife.

by Anonymousreply 39September 11, 2021 8:06 PM

You think Sleazy Stan was afraid of a little bigamy?

by Anonymousreply 40September 11, 2021 8:31 PM

r40

No, but Morothy was

by Anonymousreply 41September 11, 2021 8:34 PM

Stan mentioned in a later episode that she had left him.

by Anonymousreply 42September 11, 2021 8:36 PM

What a horrible world we live in when a NICE person can't even get 50 replies said about her.

by Anonymousreply 43September 12, 2021 2:44 PM

Andy was closer to Lonesome Rhodes than anyone would like to believe, like Mary Tyler Moore was more Beth Jarrett than Mary Richards. Both had seriously troubled relationships with at least one of their real-life children.

There's an episode of Andy Griffith titled "Floyd, the Gay Deceiver" in which Floyd pretends to be wealthy in order to win over Artie Shaw's ex-wife. My guess is that that BITCH Andy called Howard McNear a "lying faggot" at some point and found an obnoxious way to canonize the epithet for his own amusement.

Princess Elinor rebuffed Andy's advances, unlike prim horn-dog Corsaut, who knew how to keep a job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44September 13, 2021 10:30 PM

I loved that when she played Miriam on The Odd Couple, the character’s last name was Welty. At the same time her former television father, Robert Young, was playing Marcus Welby, also on ABC.

Cute in-joke!

by Anonymousreply 45September 13, 2021 11:49 PM

Dammit, Miriam Welby. ^^

by Anonymousreply 46September 13, 2021 11:49 PM

At least she didn't turn into a crack whore like our other daughter.

by Anonymousreply 47September 14, 2021 12:29 AM

That's because she married Harry Ackerman. He produced such shows as: Father Knows Best, Dennis the Menace, Leave It to Beaver, Hazel, Bewitched, The Flying Nun, and Gidget.

He was wealthy so Donahue benefited from his connections. She said one reason she never tried harder as an actress was because she became complacent after marrying him. She said, he could get her a role here and there, so she only worked whenever she felt like it.

by Anonymousreply 48September 14, 2021 6:56 PM

I bet between Bonnie Franklin and playing a mother to that gay kid, she was not as nice when that role was over.

by Anonymousreply 49September 14, 2021 6:58 PM

Her character on Days of Our Lives was always in her uniform except when she went to prison and appeared in court at Hope's trial for electrocuting Megan Hathaway. When I saw Soapdish, the character played by Cathy Moriarty reminded me of her.

by Anonymousreply 50September 14, 2021 7:11 PM

I wrote her and told her, her thread only got 50 replies and she thanked me.

STILL NICE.

by Anonymousreply 51October 17, 2021 3:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!