Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hollywood Producer Hints At Prince Harry And Meghan’s Declining Significance In US

This showed up on my Facebook, it reads like a DL poster wrote it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 15, 2021 12:58 AM

is theroyalprincesses.com a reputable news source?

by Anonymousreply 1September 9, 2021 8:34 PM

Is she okay? Somebody please ask her.

by Anonymousreply 2September 9, 2021 8:36 PM

Is anything a reputable news source at this point?

by Anonymousreply 3September 9, 2021 8:36 PM

If celebrities owe their fame to being part of the BRF and are no longer working royals living within the country or even commonwealth of the aforementioned royal family, it does tend to add to irrelevancy, n'est ce pas?

by Anonymousreply 4September 9, 2021 10:39 PM

Is OP promoting her shitty website? Gurl, now you're just being sad.

by Anonymousreply 5September 9, 2021 10:43 PM

I never in a million years thought that it would turn out this way for them. I always assumed Meghan would be like some super-charged Kardashian; in no way talented but treated like (Hollywood) royalty and invited almost everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 6September 9, 2021 10:44 PM

Oh please, OP. “ an entertainment industry insider commented”? Yeah, that’s an impeccable source, likewise “Globe Magazine” one of the shittiest of the tabloids. I think it’s clear what this is. Go on back to Prince Fuckup and the Queen and let them know you failed.

by Anonymousreply 7September 9, 2021 10:51 PM

Were they ever significant and to whom? They are done and had nothing to offer to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 8September 9, 2021 10:55 PM

Depends why you think they went there. If you think they went to cash in before George became a teenager and Harry really became completely irrelevant I'd say they've done reasonably well. They were always going to hit the classic snake oil salesmen issue once people realised they don't have anything to offer.

by Anonymousreply 9September 9, 2021 10:59 PM

The low lifes experiencing low life is karmectic ! What goes around comes around, and i am excitedly awaiting their plummet from grace. The scumbags

by Anonymousreply 10September 9, 2021 11:01 PM

They were dealt a losing hand when they tried playing the race card

by Anonymousreply 11September 9, 2021 11:07 PM

r5 not my website, it showed up on my Facebook wall probably because I will sometimes comment on the Daily Mail articles on Facebook

by Anonymousreply 12September 9, 2021 11:09 PM

Lighten up Francis, I didn't claim this was a great source. Just thought it was funny because it said a lot of the same things that have been said here.

by Anonymousreply 13September 9, 2021 11:10 PM

If not for Covid they would have become upmarket Kardashians, probably with an expensive looking reality show ok HBO Max and invites to Davos and the Met Gala.

Whining about how mean your in laws are, when you’re sitting in a $3,000 dress on a multimillion dollar Santa Barbara estate being interviewed by your billionaire friend, is not endearing in 2021.

The world is literally on fire, there is a pandemic, economic disaster, political turmoil-and these assholes are whining because his Grandma didn’t give him a big enough country estate.

Trying to seize the spotlight during Phillip’s funeral, and then starting shit with QE2, who is over 95 and in mourning, was a step too far.

by Anonymousreply 14September 9, 2021 11:15 PM

I agree with almost all you wrote, r14, but:

[quote] If not for Covid they would have become upmarket Kardashians, probably with an expensive looking reality show ok HBO Max and invites to Davos and the Met Gala.

No, sadly r14, they were, will be, and always would have been 2nd tier Kardashians and I can't think of a sadder thing to say about any fellow human beings. As Grandmama used to say "Water rises to its own level." It took me years to fully understand.

These two have been dog paddling for years now, struggling just to keep their heads above water since Harry Met Sally.

by Anonymousreply 15September 10, 2021 12:37 AM

Meghan is a go-getter. No doubt she has some aces up her sleeve.

by Anonymousreply 16September 10, 2021 12:40 AM

Five aces usually draws suspicion and doubt.

by Anonymousreply 17September 10, 2021 12:43 AM

[quote]“She’s no Grace Kelly,” says the producer. “Princess Grace was an Oscar-winning actress in classic films. Meghan opened briefcase No 24 on TV game show Deal Or No Deal, and had a minor cable TV series.”

Meow.

by Anonymousreply 18September 10, 2021 12:45 AM

The thing with Markel is that nobody ever heard of this bitch before she hooked up with Harry and then she's the Expert On Everything and expected people to hang on her every word as she spouted off. It was like "fuck you, you D-List nobody."

by Anonymousreply 19September 10, 2021 1:14 AM

THIS!!! R19. This is exactly how I expected her to end up from day one. She was never going to do well. She's incredibly unlikeable and oozes insincerity.

by Anonymousreply 20September 11, 2021 9:09 AM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 21September 11, 2021 9:12 AM

Why r6? Outside of the royal environment, they're nobodies. Despite all the flack that it's hip to throw at the royal family, even Americans understand that they're more important and will be around for a lot longer than Meghan, and the smarter ones realise that it's probably not a good idea to trash the head of state or future head of state of an important American ally.

by Anonymousreply 22September 11, 2021 9:18 AM

As others have noted, they have never recovered from the Oprah interview/racial accusations. It was a huge mistake and when they eventually divorce, everyone will look back on that interview as the moment the people turned on them

I think if they'd never bad mouthed the BRF, chose a more suitable home and assumed an air of humility ("we love our family, but we want our own lives"), I think people generally would've rooted for them. Maybe not Kardashian level of fame, but not grasping, grubby bottom feeders either

by Anonymousreply 23September 11, 2021 9:18 AM

When someone called Nmesoma Okechukwu realises what a scam Meghan and Harry are, you can see how desperate things are for them.

by Anonymousreply 24September 11, 2021 9:18 AM

There is R22 invoking the 'special relationship'. Are you referring to the America that left the UK in the lurch in Afghanistan? Is that the 'perfect ally' you are talking about?

by Anonymousreply 25September 11, 2021 9:32 AM

@R23, so the British royal family should not be called out on their racism in the 21st century? Are you writing from the 1950s? The institution of the monarchy is in great part supported by its subjects. Prince Charles, for example is able to line his pockets because of the Duchy of Cornwall, so they have to behave, whether they like it or not. So no R23, they should not be given a free pass in paedophilia, rape, corruption, racism, or anything else for that matter because of their status as royals. And hey,in any case if they refuse to behave they can always be abolished.

by Anonymousreply 26September 11, 2021 9:46 AM

That Montecito McMansion is an ode to Meghan's dire nouveau riche taste. They will not be forgiven.

by Anonymousreply 27September 11, 2021 9:47 AM

R26 sounds demented.

by Anonymousreply 28September 11, 2021 9:56 AM

R25, I didn't make any reference to an imagined "special relationship", I simply said that the UK is an important US ally. It doesn't matter that they didn't see eye-to-eye on the very complex issue of the withdrawal from Afghanistan. If anything, Harry is a believer in the idea of a "special relationship" and Britain being "special" - he imagines that just because he's a British prince he's special and the world should listen to him.

The US is not going to damage its relations with its allies and partners for the sake of a moron like Harry and his grifter wife.

by Anonymousreply 29September 11, 2021 10:00 AM

[quote] The US is not going to damage its relations with its allies and partners

Where have you been for the past 4-5 years? With the biggest grifter of all — Donald Trump, you remember him? The US did just that, damage the US's relationship with its Western allies and damage its standing on the global stage. To the point that it prompted French president Macron to state openly in an article in The Economist that the European bloc should stop counting on the US and forge its own way.

No-one really cares about the royals, you are given them too much credit for the state of international relations.

by Anonymousreply 30September 11, 2021 10:10 AM

*giving*

by Anonymousreply 31September 11, 2021 10:11 AM

R29 they actually did see eye to eye. It's just when the politicians started getting shit from their constituents that they threw the US under the bus. Same with Germany. Any of them could have gone in or taken over the situation if they really disagreed with withdrawal, yet none chose to. The US gave them cover and they shat all over it.

by Anonymousreply 32September 11, 2021 10:12 AM

R32, who in their right mind would disagree with withdrawal? Why were the US and UK troops there in the 1st place?

by Anonymousreply 33September 11, 2021 10:21 AM

R33 you clearly know nothing about the Afghanistan war or why we were there, so why are you offering such a strong opinion on it? Maybe sit this one out.

by Anonymousreply 34September 11, 2021 10:25 AM

You have no soul. Poor royal Harry is the biggest victim of racism in the world. What do you single mothers from the hood know of the pain when your daddy doesn' want to give you few millions more and you are only 40.

by Anonymousreply 35September 11, 2021 10:29 AM

R34 the 'War on terror' invented to defend American insterest around the Arab world. Oh honey, everyone knows about it. It is not that deep, it is another instance of the US's 'imperial exploits' abroad, where they leave things worse than how they encounter them.

by Anonymousreply 36September 11, 2021 10:31 AM

It happens

by Anonymousreply 37September 11, 2021 10:38 AM

R30, US politicians and other figures are not going to mindlessly attack Charles or William, future heads of state of the United Kingdom, for the sake of that moron Harry and his grifter wife. Obama makes sure to keep a wide distance from them, even though Meghan claims that Michelle is her friend.

by Anonymousreply 38September 11, 2021 11:55 AM

[quote] US politicians and other figures are not going to mindlessly attack Charles or William

Sure, because they have more important things to do, you know, things that actually affect people in the US, like social and economic policy. The pandemic is still ripping through the country, so there is that to deal with too. No-one cares about any royals from anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 39September 11, 2021 1:05 PM

Harry and Meghan have tried to make themselves a major issue for Americans since before they even arrived in the US. After the Oprah interview, celebs and other public figures were all expected to step forward and make public statements about the awful alleged racism Meghan was allegedly subjected to. Several celebrities did. Any politicians?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40September 11, 2021 1:23 PM

Klan Granny thread. F&F and block.

by Anonymousreply 41September 11, 2021 1:30 PM

R41 What would Klan Granny have against two white royals?

by Anonymousreply 42September 11, 2021 2:01 PM

R41 yeah, the Grannies that read TeenVogue like R40

by Anonymousreply 43September 11, 2021 4:53 PM

Calm down R26; I don't the BRF is above criticism, but as my sweet old grammy used to say, "don't shit where you eat." You can't have it both ways - demand Daddy Big Bucks fund your lavish life while publicly chastising him for his racist ways (which may or may not be true). I think the institution could be criticized without veering into petty personal vendettas about who made who cry at before a wedding, whether or your your brother's nanny raises the kids (which is really none of their business, BTW), which is exactly what they did. Even if their arguments had validity, they handled it very poorly & came off like petulant children

by Anonymousreply 44September 11, 2021 10:13 PM

R26 Oh my God, now I`m gonna have a sleepless night because racist Charles won`t throw another full millions in the hungry mouth of those two freeloaders. So will have the unemployed single mothers and teenagers from broken homes from the hood whose only chance is to join some gang. But they will surely shade some tear for the poor little rich royals.

by Anonymousreply 45September 11, 2021 10:22 PM

They really threw A-List Hollywood out the window when they decided not to live around L.A. You need to see and be seen in that world particularly when you're on the make. Just because Oprah can do it doesn't mean it'll work for the Sussex pair.

by Anonymousreply 46September 11, 2021 10:30 PM

correct R45 shed some tear, but they will definitely be devastated.

by Anonymousreply 47September 11, 2021 10:32 PM

R16 She's already played the race card. What's left? At this point she's all sixes and sevens.

by Anonymousreply 48September 12, 2021 3:38 AM

r45 Love your sarcasm! They are among some of the most privilidged people on earth.Their victim playing is beyond a joke and very offputting.

by Anonymousreply 49September 15, 2021 12:48 AM

We'll have to wait till London Bridge is down to find out.

by Anonymousreply 50September 15, 2021 12:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!