Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

90% of scientists: "COVID will never end"

Crap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 9, 2021 9:41 PM

So then it's kind of like "The Simpsons?"

by Anonymousreply 1September 9, 2021 7:38 PM

sucks!

by Anonymousreply 2September 9, 2021 7:42 PM

Technically, the Black Plague never ended either, it's still around in isolated pockets but we no longer think about it or fear it because antibiotics can kill it.

Polio, Mumps, German Measles, Whooping Cough, they're all still in existence and we don't have to worry about them anymore. Eventually Covid will be no different.

by Anonymousreply 3September 9, 2021 7:44 PM

The polio example doesn’t hold here. People have to take the vaccine for that analogy to fit.

by Anonymousreply 4September 9, 2021 7:45 PM

Covid will be around for years. For the vaccinated it will be a flu or a common cold. Only the unvaxxed and the very frail old will be hospitalized/die from covid. Eventually everyone will be exposed to it and it will die out. That's my prediction.

by Anonymousreply 5September 9, 2021 7:48 PM

People take the vaccine for polio, mumps, German measles and I think whooping cough too.

The analogy fits well enough.

All of these deadly ills still exist in the world. We deal with them. Covid will be no different.

by Anonymousreply 6September 9, 2021 7:48 PM

Moderna just announced its booster will include a flu shot. Maybe this will encourage some of the unvaxxed assholes to get it.

by Anonymousreply 7September 9, 2021 7:51 PM

They don't take flu shots either

by Anonymousreply 8September 9, 2021 7:55 PM

You are correct r8 an acquintance of mine who won't get the Covid shot never gets a flu shot either.

by Anonymousreply 9September 9, 2021 8:00 PM

Flu is supposed to be bad this year too

by Anonymousreply 10September 9, 2021 8:02 PM

I been tellin y'all bitches this for months. It's going to be an endemic disease like the flu and you'll get a booster shot every year like the flu vaccine. Or you won't, and you'll take your chances.

It's not the Black Plague. We'll live with it.

by Anonymousreply 11September 9, 2021 8:11 PM

Variants of the 1918 "Spanish Flu" still circulate also. They weakened over time and are now akin to "regular" influenza strains. My guess is that COVID will follow a similar course. Remember, Spanish Flu had multiple surges over a couple of years before disappearing for a while.

by Anonymousreply 12September 9, 2021 8:51 PM

Moderna is working on a flu/Covid vaccine combination shot

by Anonymousreply 13September 9, 2021 9:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!