Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

People with giant moles on their faces

Why don't they get those things removed??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107October 17, 2021 12:06 AM

You know, I’m usually one to poo poo the mole removal people, but watching Roswell, New Mexico I do catch myself distracted by Christine Branski’s offspring and wonder why with all her mother’s wealth and cosmetics surgery connections they never choose to do anything? Poor people it’s not their fault, but she’s practically a Hollywood princess. And then I noticed that the actress who plays Rosa who started at the end of season one, has two very prominent facial moles. I feel like maybe the mole actress maybe forced their hand to hire her to down grade her own mole, or maybe she doesn’t have any in real life, but make her for the show to distract away from the Branski offspring? It’s a whole mole distraction on that show. At least as a alien they could make it have a secret power or something.

by Anonymousreply 1September 9, 2021 5:40 PM

I don't mind the moles. It's the dark hairs growing out of them that disgust me.

by Anonymousreply 2September 9, 2021 5:43 PM

The alternative is a scar.

by Anonymousreply 3September 9, 2021 5:45 PM

I had one on my jawline removed.

It grew back.

🤷🏻

by Anonymousreply 4September 9, 2021 6:03 PM

Get a pair of pliers and grip the mole tightly. .. and TWIST! Basically unscrew it from your face.

Someone let me know if this works.

TIA!

by Anonymousreply 5September 9, 2021 6:05 PM

I had an interview for a job and the woman interviewing me had one the size of a pencil eraser on one eyebrow. It made me realize 1. She didn’t have very good health insurance and 2. The company didn’t pay her well enough to take care of it.

I didn’t take the job.

The other time I was in line for the new iPhone years ago and the woman in front of me also waiting had a giant malignant one plastered to her cheek. She bought three.

Because priorities.

by Anonymousreply 6September 9, 2021 6:20 PM

R6 Well I bet when she holds the phone very strategically she hides the mole really well. I just hope it doesn’t take all three.

by Anonymousreply 7September 9, 2021 6:22 PM

Because you could end up with this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 9, 2021 6:23 PM

They're called beauty marks, silly.

by Anonymousreply 9September 9, 2021 6:23 PM

Moles are sexy.

by Anonymousreply 10September 9, 2021 6:24 PM

R3 = former DL fave Drew Brees

by Anonymousreply 11September 9, 2021 6:24 PM

[quote] They're called beauty marks, silly.

They certainly enhance RL Stine's beauty!

by Anonymousreply 12September 9, 2021 6:27 PM

Maybe people don't have the money or insurance to get it done. Or maybe they don't care.

by Anonymousreply 13September 9, 2021 6:29 PM

It always depends where they are. they actually can enhance a beautiful person's looks (cf. Cindy Crawford), but they can also look awful.

The one on RL Stine's head looks terrible, but would be really look beautifuul without it? he could enhance his appearance by getting better galsses and a buzz job on what remains of his hair, but I doubt he cares.

One thing that's always hard for Dataloungers to remember is that other people do not exist to aesthetically please you. They have the ethical right to look as they want to look, so long as they're not shoving their looks in your face (like Lens Dunham and Lizzo do) and demanding you find them beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 14September 9, 2021 6:30 PM

Watch Dr. Pimple Popper. Most of her patients have had disfiguring and disabling bumps for years before they see her. Many of them are scared of, or don’t trust, doctors. Insurance doesn’t cover cosmetic procedures.

by Anonymousreply 15September 9, 2021 6:38 PM

Val Kilmer was beautiful back in the day, but I could never understand why he didn't remove his John-Boy sized mole on his jaw. Then again, that wouldn't have stopped me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 9, 2021 6:39 PM

Can someone address that thing on Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s face? She wanted it to get billing over me.

by Anonymousreply 17September 9, 2021 6:50 PM

R6, did you biopsy her mole right there in the line?

Because inconvenient.

by Anonymousreply 18September 9, 2021 6:53 PM

Moles are much to worry about, it’s the giant capybaras you need to be on the look out for.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 9, 2021 7:05 PM

Depending on the location and size of the mole, I'd much rather have a scar. A modest scar can be sexy; a mole is never sexy.

by Anonymousreply 20September 9, 2021 7:05 PM

I have a small dark mole right in the middle of my right cheek. It doesn't bother me though and I'm not getting it removed. I do have to pluck out some 2-3 hair strands every once in a while but that's about it. I embrace it.

by Anonymousreply 21September 9, 2021 9:31 PM

^^ right cheek of my face, I mean.

by Anonymousreply 22September 9, 2021 9:33 PM

R18, I have lots of moles and the angry, raised ones that have irregular borders or larger than an eraser tip are dangerous to leave unattended.

by Anonymousreply 23September 9, 2021 9:45 PM

The pliers for you, r23!

by Anonymousreply 24September 9, 2021 9:49 PM

gross. if i ever had a mole with hair growing out of it i would see a dermatologist ASAP. I once worked with a woman that had one on her face near her lip. It's the only thing i could look at and i tried so hard not to when she would talk to me.

by Anonymousreply 25September 9, 2021 9:54 PM

[quote] I once worked with a woman that had one on her face near her lip. It's the only thing i could look at and i tried so hard not to when she would talk to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 9, 2021 10:00 PM

I only had one, but had it burned off in seconds at Kaiser. Easy, peasy.

No reason to run around looking uglier than necessary.

by Anonymousreply 27September 9, 2021 11:27 PM

I had 2 beautiful moles right next to each other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 9, 2021 11:29 PM

[quote] I only had one, but had it burned off in seconds at Kaiser

Things were better under the Kaiser knife.

by Anonymousreply 29September 9, 2021 11:42 PM

Moles? With all of the homeless encampments these days, simply bring yourself down, find a rat and let it gnaw the mole(s) off of you.

by Anonymousreply 30September 10, 2021 3:12 AM

It’s BEYOND oft putting to see. There’s no excuse to keep those hideous targets on their faces and necks. I worked with a woman who has the sticking out brown one on her neck and her cheap ass gold plated chain would stick on it since it stuck out. I could never eat when she was around. Same as people with warts, beauty (ugly) marks… anything that says “take a dart 🎯 to me” gross

by Anonymousreply 31September 10, 2021 3:39 AM

It worked for us.

by Anonymousreply 32September 10, 2021 3:42 AM

My neighbor has one right in the middle of his cheek, about the size of a nickel. I've lived here 13 years and it has grown.

People don't know you can freeze those things off?

by Anonymousreply 33September 10, 2021 3:46 AM

Bitch, it helped my career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 10, 2021 3:52 AM

On someone iconic, such as myself, it can only be called a beauty mark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35September 10, 2021 3:57 AM

I had two raised moles on my head removed. Seeing as my hair covers them anyway they just shaved them flat rather than cutting them out. . Best decision ever.

by Anonymousreply 36September 10, 2021 4:02 AM

What's the difference between moles, warts and beauty marks?

by Anonymousreply 37September 10, 2021 4:20 AM

Homely, Witch, Movie Star R37

by Anonymousreply 38September 10, 2021 4:36 AM

It's the flesh colored ones I find repulsive. They're like tumors on your face. Just cut them off. A scar is preferable to me.

Now a small dark mole in the right place is fine and can be interesting. But those out of control or in a ridiculous place - cut them off.

How about that thing between Russell Crowe's eyebrows? I mean WTF. A man can easily carry a scar.

by Anonymousreply 39September 10, 2021 5:08 AM

R14, "cf." means "compare for a different position", so you're basically saying Cindy Crawford's mole makes her look ugly.

by Anonymousreply 40September 10, 2021 5:16 AM

Tom Holland had the one on his chin removed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 10, 2021 6:05 AM

[quote] Tom Holland had the one on his chin removed.

He needs to have the one on his neck removed too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 10, 2021 6:11 AM

That's a thumb.

by Anonymousreply 43September 10, 2021 6:39 AM

Moley Russell's Wart, at your service.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44September 10, 2021 9:28 AM

Without plastic surgery, you get scars left behind and you don’t know what it will look like until after the removal. I guess fine if it’s just one being removed, but if it’s more I can understand why people take the better the devil you low approach!

by Anonymousreply 45September 10, 2021 9:36 AM

If you're a woman you can cover a small scar with makeup. If you're a man you can either cover it with a beard (depending on location) or just accept the scar that makes you look distinguished.

But a giant dark or flesh colored mole?! You can't cover that very easily. It seeks out people to devour.

by Anonymousreply 46September 10, 2021 9:40 AM

[quote]People with giant moles on their faces ... Why don't they get those things removed??

People who criticise the physical appearance of others ... why don't they get therapy for redirecting their judgment to avoid dealing with their own insecurities?

Answer: they can't be bothered.

by Anonymousreply 47September 10, 2021 9:44 AM

I had to get one on my nose removed because it suddenly tripled in size over the course of a couple of weeks and there was a skin cancer concern. It was unpigmented and not very noticeable when I got it at about age 10, but did get a little larger over the years. The removal left a dent in my nose, a bump of scar tissue, and a scar but that wasn't a big deal.

They didn't remove all of it though, and here we are, 10 years later, and it's coming back, just like it did when I was 10 years old. Now I have the dent, scar tissue, scar, AND a mole. I can see why people don't get them removed. I wouldn't have if I hadn't been really concerned about the cancer potential.

by Anonymousreply 48September 10, 2021 10:18 AM

R47 I wondered how long it would be until we had some Twitter-style shaming response!

by Anonymousreply 49September 10, 2021 10:21 AM

R48 but you had ten full years of mole-free beauty.

by Anonymousreply 50September 10, 2021 10:21 AM

[quote]I'm guessing you have a huge, hairy mole somewhere visible

No, I don't, R49. But, it's telling that is what runs through your mind.

by Anonymousreply 51September 10, 2021 10:32 AM

R51 I just can't talk to you with that giant thing on your face.

by Anonymousreply 52September 10, 2021 10:36 AM

[quote]I just can't talk to you with that giant thing on your face.

I just can't talk to anyone as delusional as you. Bye.

by Anonymousreply 53September 10, 2021 10:41 AM

They have roots that dig in deep, so they need to be scooped out completely, leaving a concavity. Otherwise they just grow back.

Health insurance won’t pay for them to be excised unless they appear cancerous. I have a few that are clearly not candidates and I just let them be. Unlike many hideous tattoos, I didn’t choose to put my moles where they are. We all have to look at ugly things. Tough.

On the plus side: people with moles live longer. Something about telomeres.

by Anonymousreply 54September 10, 2021 10:43 AM

Alex Wolff = sexy mole

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55September 10, 2021 11:48 AM

R55 Is he getting butt fuck there and not in missionary because his partner doesn’t want to look at the mole?

by Anonymousreply 56September 10, 2021 12:28 PM

They can come back. You can scar.

Not everyone gives a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 57September 10, 2021 12:40 PM

[quote] The alternative is a scar.

That seems to be a common misconception. I had a mole near my nose burned off, no scar whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 58September 10, 2021 12:43 PM

I think you run into a problem when you go the shaving route, a la R8. That has a higher chance for scars. The burn/freeze method is the way to go.

by Anonymousreply 59September 10, 2021 12:52 PM

I thought the mole people referred to the underground subway dwellers in NYC, but this is giving a whole new meaning.

by Anonymousreply 60September 10, 2021 1:02 PM

R31 Exactly. As a kid I remember going to Thrifty's to get an ice cream cone. There was a stout woman with a mustache and a hideous mole above her lip with hair growing out of it. Whenever she was there working the ice cream counter I'd completely lose my appetite and leave. So gross.

by Anonymousreply 61September 10, 2021 3:22 PM

What's with the hair in the moles? Can't people afford a pair of tweezers?

by Anonymousreply 62September 10, 2021 3:25 PM

I gag as I write this, and it maybe an urban myth, but as a child I remember being told never to pull out a hair in a mole that it could lead to bad things.

by Anonymousreply 63September 10, 2021 7:06 PM

Enrique Iglesias got the big one on his cheek removed. I bet he was tired of every caricature of him having this huge spot on his face.

by Anonymousreply 64September 10, 2021 8:09 PM

I hate when I’m watching a fine ass on tv then he turns his head and bam! This sticking out brown shit looking thing on his neck just pops on the screen and I’m instantly grossed out.

by Anonymousreply 65September 30, 2021 12:56 PM

I don't know much, but I know this is disgusting to look at.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66September 30, 2021 1:33 PM

I know it used to be conventional wisdom that it was better to leave some moles alone—that they might be pre-cancerous but dormant and removal could activate the cancer. I have no idea if there was any medical truth to that.

by Anonymousreply 67September 30, 2021 1:36 PM

I had 3 moles removed when I was a teenager. They never grew back and didn’t scar, but my beard doesn’t grow where they were.

by Anonymousreply 68September 30, 2021 1:42 PM

Neither moles nor warts have roots R54. That simply is not true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69September 30, 2021 6:22 PM

There's a wonderful actress named Michael Hyatt who I am happy to see in any role when I see her but I am always taken aback and initially distracted by a giant mole on the side of her chin. I eventually don't notice it but the next time I see her I am focused on it all over again. Which makes me an asshole because she's fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 70September 30, 2021 6:49 PM

R54 Medically incorrect

by Anonymousreply 71September 30, 2021 6:54 PM

Reminds me of Lunch Lady Land.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72October 1, 2021 7:21 AM

Sorry to hear that, R70.

by Anonymousreply 73October 1, 2021 11:39 AM

She was great in The Wire, Rescue Chick.

by Anonymousreply 74October 1, 2021 12:23 PM

Amazingly so r74! I completely agree

by Anonymousreply 75October 1, 2021 2:55 PM

R61 there was a local kiosk coffee place that had a girl who didn't shave her armpits, rode a bike, and wore sleeveless tank tops. I could never order anything there when she was working. Kept imagining one of her fragrant armpit hairs ending up in my mocha.

by Anonymousreply 76October 1, 2021 2:58 PM

R76 What if it was a guy in a sleeveless tank top?

by Anonymousreply 77October 1, 2021 3:59 PM

r77 still disgusting. And don't get me started on all the pictures guys have on Instagram now with their arms over their heads showing off their hairy armpits.

by Anonymousreply 78October 1, 2021 5:21 PM

[quote] there was a local kiosk coffee place that had a girl who didn't shave her armpits, rode a bike, and wore sleeveless tank tops. I could never order anything there when she was working. Kept imagining one of her fragrant armpit hairs ending up in my mocha.

This is what hair nets were invented for. We need armpit nets.

by Anonymousreply 79October 1, 2021 7:04 PM

Gloria Swanson had a famous mole on her face - a little too late for her to worry about it now, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80October 1, 2021 7:19 PM

Janet Jackson used to move her mole around to different sides of her lip

by Anonymousreply 81October 1, 2021 7:22 PM

R80, a discrete little mole in a non-offensive place is not the same as others. Nothing like the one in OP's picture.

by Anonymousreply 82October 1, 2021 7:25 PM

When did Madonna get rid of the mole above her lip?

by Anonymousreply 83October 1, 2021 9:51 PM

Here's an investigation taken by Madonna fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84October 1, 2021 11:24 PM

What's with all the "burning/freezing" talk? Isn't that just for tiny spots? I had something like that taken off in the dermo's office using liquid nitrogen, but everything else, I went to a very well-regarded plastic surgeon for. I had a bunch of moles and bumps I wanted taken care of, and every one of them was cut and stitched. The surgeon never mentioned burning/freezing as an option, I'm sure because it was not a good one.

by Anonymousreply 85October 2, 2021 11:59 PM

Was that Brianna, R75? It has to be--because I was totally fixated on that thing, too.

And how about Richard Thomas? Why wouldn't they even cover that thing up with makeup? Was everyone afraid to bring it up?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86October 3, 2021 12:03 AM

I think we all know which poster this is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87October 3, 2021 12:49 AM

R67 that is utter BS

by Anonymousreply 88October 3, 2021 12:55 AM

I mean a flat dot is no prob (though I have one myself and would rather not). But a protruding one I do find unattractive (maybe because some of my relatives have them?)

I do feel shallow for not liking them, though.

by Anonymousreply 89October 3, 2021 12:58 AM

[quote]I do have to pluck out some 2-3 hair strands every once in a while

I wouldn't do that, if a mole gets irritated it can become cancerous. Shave the hairs with an electric razor instead.

by Anonymousreply 90October 3, 2021 1:17 AM

I wasn't bothered by Richard Thomas' dark spot. He had an amazing ass. That's where I looked first.

by Anonymousreply 91October 3, 2021 1:18 AM

Phoebe Snow had several moles on her face. They were prominently featured on the striking illustration of her face that was the album cover for her first record. I thought they gave her face character and distinction. Not unattractive at all.

by Anonymousreply 92October 3, 2021 1:26 AM

r86, yes!

by Anonymousreply 93October 3, 2021 1:30 AM

I once slept with a man who had a mole on his frenulum (the loose skin behind and under his cock head.) It was fun to have my fingers play with it. He came with a huge, forceful load, and then I did, too. Some of the hottest sex ever.

by Anonymousreply 94October 3, 2021 1:35 AM

R68, that's terrible for a young girl.

We hope the bad spots have been easily covered by hats through the years.

by Anonymousreply 95October 3, 2021 2:34 AM

It's a living thing!

You can watch its heart beat - you evil murderer!

by Anonymousreply 96October 3, 2021 3:48 AM

R89 why would you feel shallow for not finding a skin disorder attractive?

I'm reminded of the model Winnie Harlow that was a judge on Making the Cut (the new Project Runway, on Amazon Prime) . She's beautiful, except she has vitiligo, and in clear acts of performative virtue you see her leading major advertising campaigns, even though the vitiligo is visible on her face and makes her look as if she has a white goatee. It's impossible not to see. It is not attractive.

I'm sure there are some people in the world who genuinely are turned on by people with vitiligo, but I don't think that's what the industry is going for. Yes, she's different, but the point of a model is to sell clothing and other products - if you're paying more attention to the skin condition it would seem to defeat that purpose. Unless of course you have consumers who also are trying to look or be supportive so they buy the (always) branded product. But I would be surprised if it was enough to boost sales.

You have people bending over backwards to say how beautiful she is, though. And she is! Except...

by Anonymousreply 97October 3, 2021 3:49 AM

[quote]I wasn't bothered by Richard Thomas' dark spot. He had an amazing ass. That's where I looked first.

And it was so wet and breedable!!!

by Anonymousreply 98October 3, 2021 3:49 AM

moles below the waist are supposed to be more prone to cancer.

I went to a teen camp one year and this girl had moles covering her face. They were huge. I had never seen something like that before.

by Anonymousreply 99October 3, 2021 5:20 AM

I could've sliced them off for her.

by Anonymousreply 100October 3, 2021 12:35 PM

I had a ring of moles removed from my neck. Ugly in front and barbers occasionally cut the ones in back making them bleed. I felt a little queasy afterwards in the doctor's office and I remember the doctor yelling out 'Nurse, get in here, we have a fainter!"

by Anonymousreply 101October 3, 2021 12:55 PM

How did you have them removed?

by Anonymousreply 102October 4, 2021 11:53 AM

OP screw you for making me look at the pic of RL Stine multiple times now. WTF man.

by Anonymousreply 103October 4, 2021 12:00 PM

R103 I was as shocked as you by the giant, prominent mole!

It doesn't come through in his writing.

But now I wonder... Did he write the novels, or was it the mole?

by Anonymousreply 104October 4, 2021 12:07 PM

I had a mole on my neck/chest area removed. I was born with it and when I was a teenager, I noticed it started to grow bit by bit as time went on...I had it removed. I got a couple of stitches and it's totally fine now.

I know a friend in high school had a lot of moles on her face...I saw her after she had multiple moles on her face removed. They were tiny ones, like over 10 on her face and she told me the doctor used laser and burned them off. they looked like chicken pox marks afterwards and then they healed. her face is flawless now.

by Anonymousreply 105October 4, 2021 4:21 PM

The mole doesn't sway me from wanting him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106October 4, 2021 4:26 PM

I had a centimeter sized mole next to my nose until I was 30. When I was younger, my parents offered to remove it, and a very rude woman said to me once, “Why don’t you get that removed?! when I was a pre teen. Nice. I refused from sort of a punky, adolescent attitude of I’m not changing myself for you! Never got in the way of sex or relationships. Then one day I felt like, I’ve lived like this for 30 years, let’s see what life is life without it. I was lucky to get a doc to cover its removal with insurance. It didn’t really make any big difference, and some days I think it’s still there. The Austin Powers scene did make me feel weird, though.

by Anonymousreply 107October 17, 2021 12:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!