Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

That hussy singer who appeared on Celebrity Apprentice comes for Oscar and Grammy Award-winning legend Barbra Streisand

I mean, the NERVE.

When did this hussy have a #1 song during the disco era??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297September 17, 2021 9:29 AM

Dionne is a bitter cunt.

She disses Barbra, but she couldn't WAIT to capitalize on Barbra's success with her association with the disco Bee Gees.

Unfortunately for that bitter hussy, she only got one hit out of that while Barbra got many, bigger hits.

by Anonymousreply 1September 9, 2021 2:58 AM

Her "dear, dear friend" Donna "SummerS"

by Anonymousreply 2September 9, 2021 3:09 AM

Dionne Warwick profited off of AIDS charities.

She can, kindly, FUCK OFF.

by Anonymousreply 3September 9, 2021 3:16 AM

The Bee Gees song gave Dionne her only solo top 10 hit in the 80’s. She hates it, but it’s a great song.

by Anonymousreply 4September 9, 2021 3:24 AM

Saying the Barbra had no business getting involved with disco.

Bitch, please.

by Anonymousreply 5September 9, 2021 3:25 AM

Will the blatant, smug racism of black celebrities ever be called out the way it is with whites? Listen to her. Listen to the interviewer. You can’t deny it.

by Anonymousreply 6September 9, 2021 3:31 AM

I don't think I've ever seen a female singer come for Barbra like that, ever. There must be something behind this. She seems extremely jealous and petty towards Barbra.

Interesting that Whitney Houston, on a Barbara Walters special (I believe) said that Diana Ross was not whose career she wanted to emulate, but Barbra Streisand. Like Barbra, Whitney starred in and produced films and had huge soundtracks like Barbra did with A Star is Born and Funny Girl.

by Anonymousreply 7September 9, 2021 3:32 AM

That really was a slam.

by Anonymousreply 8September 9, 2021 3:34 AM

Once a War-witch, always a War-witch

by Anonymousreply 9September 9, 2021 3:38 AM

Misty water-colored memories...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 9, 2021 3:41 AM

After her association with Burt Bacharach and Hal David was over, Dionne Warwick was pretty much in No-man's Land. She was even thinking of dropping out of the music business and becoming a musical teacher in University. Then Clive Davis came along, rescued her from her doldrums, and signed her to Arista Records where she had a new lease on music life. During the disco era she couldn't have had a disco hit to save her life. Her jealousy of Barbra Streisand having a big #1 disco hit with Donna Summer (instead of bitchy Dionne with Donna) is apparent. AND Dionne could never have held her own musically with Donna like Babs did!!

by Anonymousreply 11September 9, 2021 3:43 AM

I really like Dionne's early work with Bachrach, but she is a loathsome cunt.

She is an awful human being.

by Anonymousreply 12September 9, 2021 3:46 AM

Jesus! When is this two-faced ancient cunt going to die?

by Anonymousreply 13September 9, 2021 3:57 AM

[quote] She was even thinking of dropping out of the music business and becoming a musical teacher in University.

University must be a school in North.

by Anonymousreply 14September 9, 2021 3:57 AM

Wasn’t her son Jason one of the big factors in working with Donna and the gibb brothers as they were his favorite performers and she wanted to score some cool mom points with him?

by Anonymousreply 15September 9, 2021 4:00 AM

HA! Barbara had more business doing disco than this old bitch!

by Anonymousreply 16September 9, 2021 4:01 AM

As a one-time host of Solid Hold, Miss Warwick is entitled to pass judgement on all things Disco.

by Anonymousreply 17September 9, 2021 4:02 AM

[quote] As a one-time host of Solid Hold, Miss Warwick is entitled to pass judgement on all things Disco.

Who performed on Solid Hold? Jeff Stryker?

by Anonymousreply 18September 9, 2021 4:04 AM

Aretha had no time for Ms. Warwick:

Speaking about her longtime rival Dionne Warwick in an interview with the Associated Press, Aretha Franklin said, “She blatantly lied on me . . . fully well knowing what she was doing.” The Grammy winner was talking about a perceived slight that took place five years ago at the funeral of singer Whitney Houston, where Warwick had told the crowd of mourners, “[Franklin’s] not here, but she is here. She loves Whitney as if she was born to her. She is her godmother.”

While the intent seemed harmless, Franklin found the inaccurate statement “libelous.”

“We’ve never been friends,” she added, “and I don’t think that Dionne has ever liked me.”

According to people close to the matter, Franklin decided to let Warwick know just who was the alpha queen by covering Warwick’s 1967 hit “I Say a Little Prayer.” For an extra little dig, her backup singers included Cissy Houston, Warwick’s own aunt. The rollickingly soulful revamp, released a year after Warwick’s feathery take, became a top-10 smash on the pop and R&B charts.

Adding insult to injury, Bacharach — who had written “I Say a Little Prayer” expressly for Warwick — publicly said that Franklin’s version was “Much better than the cut I did with Dionne.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 9, 2021 4:06 AM

Disco was well on the way out when this bitch hosted the first season of Solid Gold.

This thieving bitch doesn’t have the right to pass judgment on anything or anyone.

by Anonymousreply 20September 9, 2021 4:21 AM

Dionne is regulator of old hussies like Barbra Streisand and her fans who think they are beyond reproach!

by Anonymousreply 21September 9, 2021 4:32 AM

[quote] Who performed on Solid Hold?

Rula Lenska, on behalf of Alberto VO5.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 9, 2021 4:47 AM

[quote] Disco was well on the way out when this bitch hosted the first season of Solid Gold.

That was only a few months after Streisand released the "Enough is Enough" duet.

[italic]Please,[/italic] Mary. Make a better argument next time.

by Anonymousreply 23September 9, 2021 4:50 AM

Dionne really is jail styled, tacky, ugly as sin and dry, leathery. She seems like she’d have a serpent or turtle tongue slizzering around. She’s also mean and jealous/bitter as hell.

by Anonymousreply 24September 9, 2021 4:57 AM

Sorry, I don't care - Dionne was a better singer in the 60s than Barbra Streisand has ever been or will ever be. (So was Dusty Springfield.)

Try to imagine Barbra singing "Walk On By" or "I Say a Little Prayer" or "Promises, Promises" without turning them into lead balloons. All Barbra can do is belt.

by Anonymousreply 25September 9, 2021 5:15 AM

Don’t Mary me with your feeble Wikipedia cited drivel, R23

Fuck off, and shove your italics up your ass.

FF and blocked.

by Anonymousreply 26September 9, 2021 5:24 AM

Whatever Burt thinks, I say Dionne's Prayer > Aretha's

by Anonymousreply 27September 9, 2021 5:34 AM

Dionne really lowered herself by appearing on Celebrity Apprentice. She needs to come out of the closet and maybe she won’t be so bitter.

by Anonymousreply 28September 9, 2021 5:36 AM

Dionne & Donna

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29September 9, 2021 5:42 AM

Dionne’s bitchiness was on full display during the Celebrity Apprentice R28.

First she dissed poor Marlee Matlin. Then, she didn’t show up for a brainstorming session with her team as she was most likely finishing up a 40 and waiting for Damont to deliver a package he scored in Washington Square Park.

by Anonymousreply 30September 9, 2021 5:51 AM

Lot's of people had no business doing disco.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 9, 2021 6:11 AM

My archetexual design studio is open for business, hussies! Interiors, exteriors, bathrooms, ceilings, floors, whatever the fuck my clients need.

Just took a few years off but, shit… we got you. My partner and I.

We available, we affordable and we know what we’re doin.

NOTE: $500 Assessment Fee for ALL clients

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 9, 2021 6:23 AM

I love Dionne Warwick. I don't know why she catches shit here, nor do I care. 'Take the Short Way Home', her follow up to 'Heartbreaker's, shows that she was perfectly capable of doin' the disco "thang" had she wished. It was an unhappy step down for her, working with the Bee Gees, but that was simply the generation in her grousing. She was still squeeezin' out elegant, quality business over the pop radio airwaves into 1987 and that is ALL I care about. Competing with Miss Cleo for gullible people's belief in the paranormal is a painful way for me to have parted ways with Ms. Warwick. She gave us such great work; to chide a feeble legend in her declining days is cruel; but of course that is the essence of DataLounge.

by Anonymousreply 33September 9, 2021 9:29 AM

You captured her perfectly r32.

by Anonymousreply 34September 9, 2021 11:33 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35September 9, 2021 11:48 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 9, 2021 11:48 AM

She hates Heartbreaker? Pity. Great song. She should have cut a few disco tunes. One never knew what might go over. Cher's disco tune Take Me Home is a great one.

by Anonymousreply 37September 9, 2021 11:55 AM

Wow she did not hold back. I liked the nice thing she had to say about Donna Summer. I was just thinking yesterday how truly beautiful Donna’s voice was. Just so pure and pleasing to listen to.

by Anonymousreply 38September 9, 2021 12:40 PM

LOL!!! I love you R32!!

by Anonymousreply 39September 9, 2021 12:56 PM

Miss Dionne! Miss Dionne! I need a new baff room wid some bling on the faucet thangs and my tuerlet is sinkin in the floor cause that shit is rotted the fuck out. Can you come hook me up?!?

by Anonymousreply 40September 9, 2021 12:59 PM

The post at R32 DEMANDS we have a "Let's Be Dionne Warwick's Archetexuall Design Studio" !!

by Anonymousreply 41September 9, 2021 1:01 PM

She was only a back up singer for one of my songs.

by Anonymousreply 42September 9, 2021 1:09 PM

I only said the obvious. But a lot of little people live in the dark and a lot of big ones need to read R21.

And that Matlin bitch would have her fucking back to me and her puppeteer/"interpreter" would be saying, "Old black woman is calling you names." Shit.

I didn't say Streisand doesn't have her place. It's just that her place is in her mall-basement riding around on a golf cart shopping for her life among her curios.

by Anonymousreply 43September 9, 2021 1:20 PM

I have 2 pressing questions…..

Why does she now dress like an old black man from the early 70s, much like Red Foxx did on Sanford & Son?

What is a Dionne Warwick????

by Anonymousreply 44September 9, 2021 1:30 PM

Just listen to the versions of "No More Tears" on Donna Summers' album and Barbra's. Barbra's version mops the floor with Donna's. Okay, a lot of that has to do with production values but it's a good song and Barbra sings the hell out of it.

by Anonymousreply 45September 9, 2021 1:35 PM

Blacks did disco better.

by Anonymousreply 46September 9, 2021 1:57 PM

[quote]According to people close to the matter, Franklin decided to let Warwick know just who was the alpha queen by covering Warwick’s 1967 hit “I Say a Little Prayer.” For an extra little dig, her backup singers included Cissy Houston, Warwick’s own aunt. The rollickingly soulful revamp, released a year after Warwick’s feathery take, became a top-10 smash on the pop and R&B charts.

Dionne's version was 4 on the Billboard Top 100.

Aretha's never went higher than 10.

And it's second-rate to cover someone else's songs. First-rate artists do their own songs.

by Anonymousreply 47September 9, 2021 2:26 PM

I prefer Dionne’s Say a little prayer to Aretha’s

by Anonymousreply 48September 9, 2021 3:02 PM

Who, and why is there an incessant DL troll always having to ignite the "black people did it first/did it better" trope? Why is this necessary?

by Anonymousreply 49September 9, 2021 3:13 PM

She’s nothing but an old ashtray

by Anonymousreply 50September 9, 2021 3:18 PM

Both Aretha and Dionne were/are nasty, territorial, ungenerous people.

What are the chances they would have a feud?

by Anonymousreply 51September 9, 2021 3:19 PM

Aretha’s version of “I Say A Little Prayer” will always be the definitive version.

by Anonymousreply 52September 9, 2021 3:21 PM

R52 No it won't. Dionne's version was first and was so popular that she received her first gold record for it. Aretha's version was the B Side of The House That Jack Built and received some airplay and while it is very good, Dionne's is better and IS the definitive version!

by Anonymousreply 53September 9, 2021 3:27 PM

Oh no!

I'm devastated!

My entire reputation is ruined!

What am I going to do now?

***chortle***

by Anonymousreply 54September 9, 2021 3:35 PM

Dearest R40.

Yes indeed my partner and I would enjoy having you as a client. We got what you need… sinks, toilets, bath tubs, bidets, all that shit.

Kindly first venmo $500 to DionneDesigns@aol.com and we will set up an in person consultation.

NOTE: I will not be able to attend or personally consult but my knowledgeable partner will tend to all your needs. Have a nice day, baby.

by Anonymousreply 55September 9, 2021 3:58 PM

[quote] Sorry, I don't care - Dionne was a better singer in the 60s than Barbra Streisand has ever been or will ever be. (So was Dusty Springfield.

They each had their strengths. I love Dionne and Streisand. I think Dionne has always resented that she was unable to sustain her recording career the way Streisand did. But Streisand is rare among singers in that regard.

by Anonymousreply 56September 9, 2021 4:12 PM

Dionne also wanted to be a movie star.

But she has a face like a French Bulldog.

by Anonymousreply 57September 9, 2021 4:14 PM

Dionne would've made a good Miss Hannigan

by Anonymousreply 58September 9, 2021 4:25 PM

I watched a recent YouTube interview and performance of hers. As I watched it I got so damned mad I started cussing at my iPad and eventually threw the damned thing at the wall! She looked so ugly and was bitter. She was wearing an old man’s sweater and glasses. I’m like “who wants to see this shit”??

by Anonymousreply 59September 9, 2021 5:39 PM

R59 Odd, sounds like you two would get along.

by Anonymousreply 60September 9, 2021 5:45 PM

...What's it all about...

...Hussy...

by Anonymousreply 61September 9, 2021 5:50 PM

I wonder if Dionne ever heard that made-up story Babs use to tell about Alfie.

by Anonymousreply 62September 9, 2021 5:56 PM

[quote] Dionne Warwick profited off of AIDS charities. She can, kindly, FUCK OFF.

Warwick didn’t profit off of her charity. Her charity, just like her own personal finances, were mismanaged. She trusted the wrong people with both. It’s ridiculously stupid to pretend otherwise. Like most celebs she employed people to manage her money and she certainly wasn’t personally managing the day to day finances of her charitable organization. Yet you and the other morons here (who’ve never so much as lifted a finger to help anyone) will continue to repeat the same nonsense. Her charity was investigated. She of course was cleared of any wrongdoing.

by Anonymousreply 63September 9, 2021 5:58 PM

R63 You fans are adorable.

Dionne can't pretend she didn't know she was ripping off AIDS charities when she was sitting in first class with her entourage on the way. And swanning into suites at a five-star hotel when she got there.

by Anonymousreply 64September 9, 2021 6:01 PM

Do you guys know what yard sales she goes to? I want to copy her recent “Fred Sanford look” for Halloween 🎃

by Anonymousreply 65September 9, 2021 6:02 PM

[quote] They each had their strengths. I love Dionne and Streisand. I think Dionne has always resented that she was unable to sustain her recording career the way Streisand did. But Streisand is rare among singers in that regard.

They both had huge careers from the 1960s into the 1980s.

by Anonymousreply 66September 9, 2021 6:06 PM

Dionne is broke and lives in a small house behind a strip mall. Barbra is worth half a billion and lives in a $100 million compound overlooking the ocean in Malibu.

I'm sure Barbra would be happy to let Dionne drop by to admire her multitude of awards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67September 9, 2021 6:07 PM

"I think that bulldagger did a perfectly fine version of Say A Little Prayer," said Miss Franklin. "It sounded like a pretty good demo. And so I knew I could turn it into a great song. And I did. I have no hard feelings and can't see why she would."

by Anonymousreply 68September 9, 2021 6:11 PM

Here's Dionne telling model Niki Taylor, "I got your number, hussy." Both were on Celebrity Apprentice at the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69September 9, 2021 6:16 PM

Here's what led up to "I got your number, hussy."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70September 9, 2021 6:18 PM

[quote] Dionne is broke and lives in a small house behind a strip mall. Barbra is worth half a billion and lives in a $100 million compound overlooking the ocean in Malibu. I'm sure Barbra would be happy to let Dionne drop by to admire her multitude of awards.

Barbra Streisand received a lot of opportunities that were not extended to black artists. Streisand is a phenomenal talent and she’s had a phenomenal career. However, she didn’t have to overcome the same obstacles that black artists faced. Warwick overcame those obstacles and broke new ground for black artists.

by Anonymousreply 71September 9, 2021 6:19 PM

[quote] It was an unhappy step down for her, working with the Bee Gees, but that was simply the generation in her grousing.

The Bee Gees were hot song writers at the time and in demand. Not sure why Dionne was so unappreciative.

by Anonymousreply 72September 9, 2021 6:19 PM

Dionne run me off of a stack of men’s sweaters at a LA yard sale last summer. She interjected herself where I was standing and almost pushed me out of the way just so she could get her hand on an ugly acrylic sweater that looked to be at least 30 yrs old. Notice how I said “hand” and not “hands”. She was smoking at the time so her right hand was occupied by a camel cigarette 🚬.

by Anonymousreply 73September 9, 2021 6:25 PM

[quote]Barbra Streisand received a lot of opportunities that were not extended to black artists. Streisand is a phenomenal talent and she’s had a phenomenal career. However, she didn’t have to overcome the same obstacles that black artists faced. Warwick overcame those obstacles and broke new ground for black artists.

Diana Ross made a lot more money than Dionne. So it wasn't just about race.

by Anonymousreply 74September 9, 2021 6:25 PM

R73 is hilarious 😂

by Anonymousreply 75September 9, 2021 6:29 PM

Lmfao r67!

by Anonymousreply 76September 9, 2021 6:30 PM

This isn’t the first time Warwick has publicly sniped about Streisand : when Clive Davis signed Warwick to Arista in the late-70s, Warwick called Streisand her “nemesis” (I still remember she used that word, which I’d never heard in conversation before — and yes, I’m an eldergay!) and said she was gunning for her on the charts.

by Anonymousreply 77September 9, 2021 6:31 PM

Dionne was really pissed off when she found out Cheryl Ladd was offered “I’ll Never Love This Way Again” for her debut record on Capitol Records before her. She called Cheryl a honky hussy and said she bought the Cheryl Ladd album just so she could piss on it.

by Anonymousreply 78September 9, 2021 6:38 PM

I think some are putting too much into Dionne's comments . At the beginning of the interview, Dionne clearly admits that she herself did not " fit into disco at all" despite a few successes. It was like she felt she was trying to do something that was trendy and not true to her music because it was popular. When she talks about Barbra, Dionne didn't connect with Enough is Enough because, for her, it was a departure from the songs that she appreciated from Barbra. And to be fair, that song is a bit of a mess. Nice intro (before the disco music starts) and then it wanders a bit. Donna Summer gives the song depth.

by Anonymousreply 79September 9, 2021 6:46 PM

[quote] Diana Ross made a lot more money than Dionne. So it wasn't just about race.

Diana Ross also had to overcome obstacles that Streisand did not and Streisand received opportunities that would have never been granted to Ross. As I said before. Streisand is a phenomenal talent and she has had a phenomenal career. However, she has not had to overcome the same obstacles as black artists. We’re talking about artists who grew up in a legally segregated United States. They couldn’t eat in restaurants and use restrooms. When they traveled to the South. Diana Ross, like Dionne Warwick, is a trailblazer and she benefited from Warwick’s own groundbreaking success.

by Anonymousreply 80September 9, 2021 6:49 PM

Interesting she was so negative about 'Heartbreaker'. It feels like Dionne was a bit reluctant to accept all the changes in the industry, both sonically and business-wise. I think she thought the heyday of musical television and the Bacharach songs would last forever. Even some of her later hits like 'That's What Friends Are For' or 'Superwoman' could have been recorded in the 1960s, and have the same pleasant, soulful, adult-contemporary pop stylings.

It's a miracle she's hung on to relevancy this long with this sort of attitude, because her voice is shot to shit and everyone is aware of her spiky personality. I cringed seeing her on 'The Masked Singer', but she continues to wheel herself out there and get booked onto shows and things, despite looking more and more frail. I would think she would enjoy retirement more (and i'm guessing she has the money for it). Despite her wrongdoings I do wish the best for her.

by Anonymousreply 81September 9, 2021 6:54 PM

R71, Tina Turner has a net worth of $250 million despite having far greater obstacles in her life than Dionne ever had. Tina owns spectacular estates in France and Switzerland.

by Anonymousreply 82September 9, 2021 7:18 PM

R81, agree with your post. Despite Dionne's voice being shot, she is actually still able to perform and adjust how she sings to the current state of her voice. Yes, the key is lowered. But her timing, etc., are still decent, IMO. She's also pretty entertaining & cheerful with the crowd when she performs.

by Anonymousreply 83September 9, 2021 7:29 PM

Diana Ross slept with Berry Gordy on her way up

by Anonymousreply 84September 9, 2021 8:07 PM

Diane went down on her way up.

by Anonymousreply 85September 9, 2021 8:15 PM

I understand the have-no-life suck up Streisand worshippers who lost it when hearing Dionne's JOKE about Babs' disco. But for the Datalounge to go batshit over the same thing? Absolutely pathetic (for the ones who are serious).

by Anonymousreply 86September 9, 2021 8:16 PM

Dionne is a shady bitch who don't JOKE.

by Anonymousreply 87September 9, 2021 8:27 PM

She signed my CD once

by Anonymousreply 88September 9, 2021 8:40 PM

[quote]She signed my CD once

"Stop asking me to do this fucking shit hussy!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 89September 9, 2021 8:58 PM

She was at the Whoopi Goldberg roast where Ted Danson appeared in blackface. She was on Geraldo and said she didn't know he was going to do it. Bobcat was also on and replied "you should have called psychic friends".

by Anonymousreply 90September 9, 2021 9:15 PM

I called Cheryl Ladd and asked her to shed some light on the shade Dionne Warwick threw her way back in 1978 over the fact that “I Know I’ll Never Love This Way Again”. When she returns my call I’ll post an update.

by Anonymousreply 91September 9, 2021 9:47 PM

This place was just trashing Barbra in that Mirror has two faces thread for the last week, now all of a sudden everyone wants to rush to her defense? Give me a break.

Dionne talked about Streisand in her book. Said she was a huge fan and admirer until she saw Barbra's opening night show at the International Hotel in 1969. She said Streisand was cold, rude, and would oftentimes sing with her back to the audience. Given that Dionne was in the front row along with a number of other A list acts, she said she was personally offended by this display and said Streisand acted with complete contempt towards those who were paying to see her in concert.

by Anonymousreply 92September 9, 2021 9:54 PM

I think Dionne's been traipsing through and sampling a little too much of the cannabis growing in the Valley of the Dolls. ;)

by Anonymousreply 93September 9, 2021 10:00 PM

Dionne was rude in her concert I went to and refused to do encores. Just like her niece.

by Anonymousreply 94September 9, 2021 10:01 PM

She even said, “that’s all you are getting”

by Anonymousreply 95September 9, 2021 10:03 PM

Omg r95! That is horrible! Well, since Sis is so ungrateful to her fans who actually pay $ to see an ashtray perform, I think people should boo her off stage and refrain from attending future shows. What a crock of shit!

by Anonymousreply 96September 9, 2021 10:07 PM

[quote]She said Streisand was cold, rude, and would oftentimes sing with her back to the audience.

Yes, true. Is this news to you?

by Anonymousreply 97September 9, 2021 10:20 PM

It would have been news to Dionne in 1969.

by Anonymousreply 98September 10, 2021 12:17 AM

Dionne had more in common with one Barry (manilow) than another (Gibb). She sings the hell out of "I'll Never Love This Way Again" and "Deja Vu", while any other artist could have done "Heartbreaker".

As for Barbra's attempts at disco, she's more successful with "The Main Event". I LIVE for that note she holds forever near the end of the song.

by Anonymousreply 99September 10, 2021 12:56 AM

[quote] She even said, “that’s all you are getting”

Wow, that is fucking rude. I like Dionne and I'm glad she's alive and well, but that kind of shit is uncalled for.

by Anonymousreply 100September 10, 2021 12:57 AM

She’s as rude as her niece, Whitney

by Anonymousreply 101September 10, 2021 2:08 AM

I've told this story before. Dionne did one of those speaker series where she talked for an hour and then did a Q&A with a moderator. The lady moderating was very pleasant and politely asked Dionne if she would mind singing a few bars of "one of your classic hits".

Bitch responded, "Yes, I DO mind".

Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 102September 10, 2021 2:38 AM

I did not say, "That's all you're getting,"

I said, "That's all you're getting unless you pay me overtime."

And it is rude to ask an esteemed woman of style and fame to perform like a dancing singing house girl. I was there to speak, like a guest. Not sing, like I was hired.

That's my job. I get paid for doing my job. You may consult my rates.

Shit. If we were talking do you think I'd ask any of you hateful assholes to go make me some fries and a shake? No. That's your job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103September 10, 2021 2:46 AM

Does Dionne have two Academy Awards?

I thought not.

Bitch couldn't even get a solo #1 song. She had to rely on The Spinners and Stevie/Gladys/Elton.

I, on the other hand, had The Way We Were, Evergreen, You Don't Bring Me Flowers, Woman in Love, and oh, yeah, that DISCO song.

Puff another Marlboro, bitch!!

by Anonymousreply 104September 10, 2021 3:05 AM

[Quote] Interesting that Whitney Houston, on a Barbara Walters special (I believe) said that Diana Ross was not whose career she wanted to emulate, but Barbra Streisand.

And yet whose songs did Whitney give workmanlike renditions of in concert?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105September 10, 2021 3:06 AM

Well, of course, Whitney paid tribute to Diana there because by then Whitney was a crack addict and couldn't hit the notes anymore so Diana was easier to sing. She sure as hell couldn't sing Barbra-caliber songs in that state.

by Anonymousreply 106September 10, 2021 3:08 AM

Streisand's catalogue is mostly a bust.

by Anonymousreply 107September 10, 2021 3:10 AM

Sorry, R102, but that lady moderator had that coming to her. You're in the presence of musical greatness, and instead of asking her questions about her long career, you requested for her to sing a few bars of her songs as if she's a fucking trained parrot?!

She's lucky Lady D didn't cuss her ass out.

by Anonymousreply 108September 10, 2021 3:17 AM

That’s what friends are for… in good times… in bad times… I’ll be throwin shade 🤡

by Anonymousreply 109September 10, 2021 3:18 AM

Yes, please purchase shade for your exteriors at house or apartment from my archetextuall design company.

My partner and I can provide best trees, bushes, flowers, potted plants or whatever the fuck. Indoors/outdoors.

We do it all. Just ask and we do.

NOTE: A $500 assessment fee is required for ALL clients

by Anonymousreply 110September 10, 2021 3:41 AM

Has Miss Warwick had any kind of love life in the last 30 years? Was she really with a Mafioso adjacent in the 1980s?

by Anonymousreply 111September 10, 2021 3:46 AM

R92, And yet the MGM in Vegas paid her the highest amount of money in history to perform two NYE concerts many years later. So Dionne can take her worthless opinion and shove it.

Meanwhile, Dionne can't even get booked performing at the Circus Circus buffet.

by Anonymousreply 112September 10, 2021 3:51 AM

Streisand herself is sheepish about her disco hit.

by Anonymousreply 113September 10, 2021 4:03 AM

Enough is Enough is ICONIC. It set the bar for all DIVA DUETS. Every female duet is compared to this song Barbra and Donna sang their asses off, and the story goes that the two had to hold such long notes that Donna fell off her chair in the recording studio. Who could hit those notes nowadays? Crickets.

And Dionne Warwitch is just bitter that she couldn't hold the notes like Barbra. When Dionne and Gladys Knight were recording with Patti Labelle, that bitch Dionne had the nerve to tell Miss Patti to tone it down. It's not Miss Patti's fault that Dionne UNDERSINGS. Miss Patti has a voice that could bury Miss Dionne.

Dionne, go read that fax Aretha sent you. I'm sure she dressed you down good.

by Anonymousreply 114September 10, 2021 4:10 AM

Miss Warwick smoked her voice away. She had plenty of power, just not by the late 1980s. Streisand always had a small voice. She was one of the first Broadway stars to use a body mic.

by Anonymousreply 115September 10, 2021 4:12 AM

"Believe me, I wish she were here to sing it with me."

We don't believe you, Babs. You never sang it together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116September 10, 2021 4:14 AM

Streisand's "The Main Event/Fight" should count as her first disco hit (#3 on the charts in 1979). Feisty Dionne should have covered that one.

by Anonymousreply 117September 10, 2021 4:16 AM

Who remembers "Love Power" (Dionne with Jeffrey Osborne). Saw a psychic in LA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118September 10, 2021 5:20 AM

Recalling her grammy win for The Broadway Album in 1987 years after the fact,Babs mentioned fellow nominees Tina Turner,Cindy Lauper,Madonna and "another person whose name i don´t remember".

by Anonymousreply 119September 10, 2021 7:22 AM

starting at 4:29

Bill is firmly Team Babs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120September 10, 2021 7:39 AM

Tina Turner does not own that spectacular estate in Switzerland, she rents a part of it. The owner still lives in another section of the estate. Tina herself said this in her most recent interview.

by Anonymousreply 121September 10, 2021 8:12 AM

Dionne is out for Dionne. No one else matters.

by Anonymousreply 122September 10, 2021 9:22 AM

[quote]Has Miss Warwick had any kind of love life in the last 30 years?

30 years? How about 47 YEARS!

by Anonymousreply 123September 10, 2021 1:01 PM

This is the only "Love Power" we recognise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124September 10, 2021 3:01 PM

She is incontinent and wears adult diapers.

by Anonymousreply 125September 10, 2021 8:54 PM

Dionne is so old and recorded so many songs, she completely forgot that she dipped her toe into the Disco genre herself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126September 10, 2021 10:24 PM

Bitch has a 1977 disco album where she sports long hair and poses in a tank top on the cover.

by Anonymousreply 127September 10, 2021 10:29 PM

Dionne Warwick has a new documentary coming out. Wonder if it will paint her as the funny auntie who makes us chuckle on Twitter, or the real Dionne... a CUNT!!!!

by Anonymousreply 128September 11, 2021 12:44 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129September 11, 2021 12:48 AM

Not a disco album.

by Anonymousreply 130September 11, 2021 12:49 AM

It looks like a workout album.

by Anonymousreply 131September 11, 2021 12:52 AM

Who’s playing her in bio pic ?

by Anonymousreply 132September 11, 2021 1:00 AM

She wants Teyana Taylor to play her in a biopic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133September 11, 2021 1:04 AM

At least Dionne didn't have the Jewess BALLS to direct her own bullshit movies all through the 80s and 90s. She knew her lane, and she stayed there. Not enough people told Barbra "no" in her life, and it shows. Goddamn freak of nature is so pitifully out of touch it's almost beyond comparison. She's Gwyneth Paltrow with a worse accent, and an even more baked-in sense of entitlement.

But as a side note, Maya Rudolph was fucking LIT as Dionne Warwick in "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt."

by Anonymousreply 134September 11, 2021 1:06 AM

I rest my case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135September 11, 2021 1:07 AM

R134, Dionne is literate.

by Anonymousreply 136September 11, 2021 1:08 AM

It's hard to believe that with all her Bacharach/David hits, she never hit number one until she teamed with the Spinners for :Then Came You".

by Anonymousreply 137September 11, 2021 1:25 AM

What non B/D singles do you think should have gone to number 1?

by Anonymousreply 138September 11, 2021 1:43 AM

Barbra has won acting and songwriting Oscars, so to compare Miss Warwick in either realm is unfortunate… Dionne is very bitter she did not have a different career, it appears, at least in comparison to an EGOT icon like Barbra.

by Anonymousreply 139September 11, 2021 2:05 AM

R139

Barbra's EGOT isn't legitimate. Her Tony was a bogus noncompetitive award they gave her just because she had such a good decade in other fields.

by Anonymousreply 140September 11, 2021 2:10 AM

I don't think Dionne is a frustrated thespian.

by Anonymousreply 141September 11, 2021 2:26 AM

But Barbra is EGOT either way. As far are technicalities, same could be said of Whoopi and a host of others. It is what it is and it’s a small pool - especially for women. Barbra is perhaps the only EGOT major female recording artist ever.

by Anonymousreply 142September 11, 2021 2:45 AM

[quote]At least Dionne didn't have the Jewess BALLS to direct her own bullshit movies all through the 80s and 90s.

What movies?

by Anonymousreply 143September 11, 2021 2:48 AM

Jennifer Hudson just won an Emmy. All that's left is for her to win a Tony, which I'm sure she will as she does theater.

Being an EGOT is much easier to accomplish these days than it was twenty or even thirty years ago, and it's becoming less prestigious.

by Anonymousreply 144September 11, 2021 2:51 AM

A daytime Emmy?

by Anonymousreply 145September 11, 2021 3:08 AM

Zac Efron doesn't have a Grammy or an Oscar, now does he?

by Anonymousreply 146September 11, 2021 3:10 AM

He has a Daytime Emmy! Read it and weep!

by Anonymousreply 147September 11, 2021 3:20 AM

R143 I was talking about Barbra. She's the one who insisted on directing herself in those shitty movies. "Yentl" my asshole!

Dionne Warwick knew she wasn't an actress or a director. Barbra is okay at them, but she's not as talented as she thinks she is. Dionne knows her limits as an artist. Barbra does not.

by Anonymousreply 148September 11, 2021 3:57 AM

Barbara is a Supreme Asshole and Assassin of popular music.

Miss Warwick is an old witch of a woman with great vocal instincts and taste.

Diana Ross is the CEO honey.

Tina is a rich white lady. Don't tell her different.

Patti has one of the great dramatic soprano voices in the world - but didn't know how to use it.

Aretha is Frankly, overrated.

Adele and JHud will both EGOT. As they should.

by Anonymousreply 149September 11, 2021 4:06 AM

Ooo, R149, now you're asking for it! Spelling Barbra's name as "Barbara?" Tsk. Tsk.

You know charlie and the other Babs stans will cut a bitch over such blatant disrespect!

by Anonymousreply 150September 11, 2021 4:17 AM

We call her Barbara Streusel or Barbaric Streizand. She's a packaged treat with a crummy top layer. Best toasted.

by Anonymousreply 151September 11, 2021 4:26 AM

It’s Strei-SAND, not Strei-ZAND

by Anonymousreply 152September 11, 2021 4:29 AM

That’s all you’re gonna get.

by Anonymousreply 153September 11, 2021 7:40 AM

Dionne is a famous darter. Very very windy!

by Anonymousreply 154September 11, 2021 7:41 AM

FARTER

by Anonymousreply 155September 11, 2021 7:42 AM

That must be why she's so eager to get to San Jose. Cleaner air and better wind patterns will help the fart clouds dissipate.

"You can really breathe in San Jose!"

by Anonymousreply 156September 11, 2021 7:49 AM

[quote] Rula Lenska, on behalf of Alberto VO5.

Who?

by Anonymousreply 157September 11, 2021 7:53 AM

[quote] That must be why she's so eager to get to San Jose.

No, it's so she can buy weed.

by Anonymousreply 158September 11, 2021 7:53 AM

Are we supposed to pretend she doesn’t seem racist?

by Anonymousreply 159September 11, 2021 8:13 AM

Why, because she said Barbra Streisand wasn't cut out for disco? Was she wrong? Where's the racial/ethnic comment in that?

by Anonymousreply 160September 11, 2021 8:18 AM

Whenever Streisand tries to sound "soulful," the end result is usually unintentionally hilarious, as in this cover of a Bill Withers song:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161September 11, 2021 8:19 AM

What did the Warwitch say about Aretha's foray into disco with "La Diva", which included crap with embarrassing lyrics like, "Come on girls, we're disco queens tonight!!!!"?

by Anonymousreply 162September 11, 2021 8:25 AM

grandpa's hands went inside of me.

by Anonymousreply 163September 11, 2021 12:20 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164September 11, 2021 12:22 PM

AND for some reason one of the few times I met her and greeted her in a friendly way (with a [bold]"Hey, Barbie!"[/bold]) she was a little rude. Plus she snapped off one of those dagger fingernails like she was breaking a pencil.

I think she has e-motional problems. Or maybe it's physical. Like she's got something up her ass and it just won't come out.

I forgive her. But she can't do disco.

Or soul. Or rock. Or pop. Or show tunes. Or blues. Or gospel. Or hip hop.

As Elliott Gould once said, "She's not a just a triple threat. She's got a lot more threats in there just waiting to come out."

by Anonymousreply 165September 11, 2021 1:14 PM

R92 First of all,that shanda of a hussy did´nt pay a cent to be there on opening night.It was gamblers and industry schmuks by invitation only. I turned my built-like-a-sister(©Quincey Jones) ,gorgeous, custom fitted Scaasi glad ass into their hostile ayin hara faces to let them know i could not be bothered with winning them over.

Yes kiddos i bombed big time that one night. But after i´m done pointing out weeds to my gardner, and antique clocks not showing the exact time to my p.a.,i am looking forward to nosh on some coffe ice cream cones.......

........and the brolin

by Anonymousreply 166September 11, 2021 1:17 PM

I've always liked "The Mirror Has Two Faces, and a Big Schnozz and Botoxed Frown Lines in the Middle of Both of Them."

And Bacall's Oscar loss restored function to some of Betty's remaining alveoli for a while.

by Anonymousreply 167September 11, 2021 6:05 PM

Miss Warwick is really showing off her sultry baritone at R164.

by Anonymousreply 168September 11, 2021 6:13 PM

R164 I submitted a question for Dionne to the hashtag you posted.

“What brand of disposable adult diapers do you wear on stage? I’m looking for something that will hold a gallon of my feces. Any suggestions “?

by Anonymousreply 169September 11, 2021 7:54 PM

Darlene Love talks about Dionne in Darlene's memoir, My Name Is Love. She paints a picture of a generous woman. There's a fun anecdote of Diana poking her head backstage after a Dionne concert only to see Gladys Knight and, I think, Aretha present. Miss Ross high tailed it out of there. Darlene also noted that the women were loath to go to the restroom in case they'd be read while they were away.

by Anonymousreply 170September 11, 2021 8:32 PM

Just came back from the world premiere of the Dionne Warwick documentary at TIFF. What an amazing career she has had. But the film completely ignores her years as host of Solid Gold or the issues with Bacharach and David. What kind of erasure?

by Anonymousreply 171September 11, 2021 8:35 PM

Well, Bacharach and David's issues with each other weren't about Dionne, were they?

by Anonymousreply 172September 11, 2021 8:48 PM

Do you think Cumberbatch could play Burt Bacharach in Dionne's biopic? Or should that role go to disgraced Armie Hammer?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173September 11, 2021 10:22 PM

I have never in all my life seen a woman that looks like her. She looks like a fucking alien species!

by Anonymousreply 174September 11, 2021 10:26 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175September 11, 2021 10:57 PM

Aretha was a cold bitch - but intelligent and shady. Dionne just comes across as graceless and unlikeable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176September 11, 2021 11:03 PM

I remember in the 80s how she used Whitney’s popularity to get a speck of limelight for herself. “My cousin Whitney” or such lame shit she’d exclaim on TV trying to suck up some more fame for her ugly self.

by Anonymousreply 177September 11, 2021 11:07 PM

Dionne is a crazy old bitch now but in her prime she was an extraordinary talent, one of the greatest ever. That's all I really care about.

by Anonymousreply 178September 11, 2021 11:31 PM

Toronto: Dionne Warwick Dishes on New Documentary, Concern for Britney Spears and Her Secret to Conquering Twitter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179September 11, 2021 11:44 PM

Another one of Dionne's attempts at Disco. 'Who, What, When, Where, Why', a pleasant album cut from 1979 that was written by Rupert "The Pina Colada Song" Holmes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180September 11, 2021 11:55 PM

Who: Miss Warwick

What: Weed

When: 4:20

Where: San Jose

Why: I just don't know what to do with myself.

by Anonymousreply 181September 12, 2021 12:03 AM

This was a few years after Disco but here's Dionne's attempt at Post-Disco/Club Music in 1983, the single 'Got A Date'. Written and produced by Luther Vandross. I've hated this song for forever but lately it's started to grow on me a little. You have go think of it in the same sense as one would think of 'Flashdance (What A Feeling)' or 'She Works Hard For The Money'.

Luther Vandross usually did good work with female singers but the album he produced on Dionne was weak. Especially when compared to the excellent albums he produced for Aretha Franklin and Cheryl Lynn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182September 12, 2021 12:12 AM

Dionne on The Rockford Files

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183September 12, 2021 12:14 AM

[quote] Dionne talked about Streisand in her book. Said she was a huge fan and admirer until she saw Barbra's opening night show at the International Hotel in 1969. She said Streisand was cold, rude, and would oftentimes sing with her back to the audience. Given that Dionne was in the front row along with a number of other A list acts, she said she was personally offended by this display and said Streisand acted with complete contempt towards those who were paying to see her in concert.

R92, as you already know Dionne also wrote that she took offense to Barbra's longtime manager (who's name escapes me) offering unsolicited advice to her when he and Babs came to see Dionne at a show during that same period.

Dionne has so many hit songs that she couldn't perform full versions of them all in concert, so she opted to open her show with a "Hits Medley" that seemed to go on & on & on. After one particular show, Babs' manager suggested that Dionne drop the medley, perform one opening song and immediately greet her audience. He felt it was rude for her to go over 20 minutes without acknowledging her patrons. Dionne snapped back that her idol Johnny Mathis always opened his show with a similar "Hits Medley" and wowed his audience night after night. Bottom Line, Dionne took offense to the whole exchange and has harbored bitterness towards both the manager AND Streisand for all of these years.

In the manager's defense, Dionne's former background singer Darlene Love wrote in her (VERY JUICY) memoirs that the Hits Medley seemed to last forever and bored everyone involved (Dionne's musicians & the concertgoers) to tears. Miss Love also suggested that Dionne should have dropped the medley and opted perform full versions of just a handful of her hits instead. But she went on to state that NO ONE DARED mentioned anything of the sort to Miss Warwick who was set in her ways and didn't take kindly to suggestions.

by Anonymousreply 184September 12, 2021 12:44 AM

R169 She wears the same depend adult diapers as Barbra herself.

by Anonymousreply 185September 12, 2021 3:13 AM

Her '60s material is really incredible. I'd argue it's superior to Barbra's.

by Anonymousreply 186September 12, 2021 3:19 AM

Of course it is. Bab's was a covers queen for the most part.

by Anonymousreply 187September 12, 2021 3:21 AM

You would think she would have this kind of hate for that hussy Cilla Black who kept stealing her songs.

by Anonymousreply 188September 12, 2021 3:21 AM

Cilla "stole" one song of Dionne's. One.

by Anonymousreply 189September 12, 2021 3:22 AM

One's enough, hussy.

by Anonymousreply 190September 12, 2021 3:25 AM

She stole ‘I just don't know what to do with myself’

by Anonymousreply 191September 12, 2021 3:27 AM

No. That was Tommy Hunt's song. Dusty had a UK hit with it years before Marie D. released a version.

by Anonymousreply 192September 12, 2021 3:35 AM

Marie Osmond sings all of Dionne and Barbara's songs better than the originals. And that Vikki Carr? Why isn't she the subject of such documentary?

by Anonymousreply 193September 12, 2021 4:05 AM

I'm an "80s Baby" who's first memories of Dionne Warwick are as the host of "Solid Gold", the Psychic Friends informercials & being the woman who croaked the closing credits theme to the show "Lifestyles Of The Rich & Famous" ('Champagne Wishes And Caviar Dreams').

Whenever Miss Warwick appeared on TV, my Mom (who had been a fan of in the 60s & 70s) always expressed (with a combination of bitterness, anger & disgust) how Dionne had ruined her voice with cigarettes and cheapened her image with "those damn Psychic Friends commercials". I always got a laugh out of this without fully grasping what my mom was saying, because I was too young.

It wasn't until years later when file-sharing & streaming became popular that I was able to explore Miss Warwick's catalog and see what my mom had meant. My God! I can still remember being SHOCKED at how high and crystal-clear her voice had once been. She doesn't even sound like the same singer! This woman DESTROYED what been a beautiful instrument.

And because she still sounded fairly good (but different) up until the Late 80s, she's completely delusional about the damage she's done to her vocal cords. I listened to an audio interview on YouTube a few years ago. Someone was bold enough to ask her why she smoked. Her response was a tough " Because I like it" and "it's obvious that it's done no harm to my voice whatsoever". WTF?! She 's completely unaware that her voice has been shot for (at least) the last 25 years and that she's musically a shell of her former self. SMH

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194September 12, 2021 4:19 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195September 12, 2021 4:30 AM

I'm also a child of the 80s and Dionne Warwick was always on tv back then, she was as familiar to my generation as she was to my parents' generation. She was also one of the very few artists who was still getting hit songs in her 40s. Not too many of those, esp. female artists.

by Anonymousreply 196September 12, 2021 4:36 AM

Fabulous concert at the Forum in LA in '78

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197September 12, 2021 4:37 AM

Sorry, that was in Toronto, not LA.

by Anonymousreply 198September 12, 2021 4:39 AM

Uh, this will be met with some derision. But someone upthread said that Streisand's manager commented that Dionne shouldn't sing a hits medley? Maybe not now, in a lazy way. Streisand sings every live concert like she is thinking when the next song starts and what time the show is over...

I was born in 1983. I'm a musician and singer. Cue the assholes.....

So I dated an older guy in the the early aughts. He loved Dionne Warwick and Shirley Bassey. Go Figure.

This live album of Warwicks, Hot Live and Otherwise - ends with her hits medley. Her singing is fluid and exquisite with a rhythm within the overall rhyme. I don't know half the songs and lets not pretend that a lot of Bacharach songs aren't similar - but her smallest inflections and texture change to the color of her voice make them very special - even in a cheesy medley. Except it's not cheesy. It's amazing. So I played this vinyl album of his OUT.

Listen all the way to the end because it is what a real medley should be - it varies in tempo and emotion and mood and finishes with a note not beyond her range - but beyond expectations. Unlike Streisand, Dionne Warwick was a very tasteful singer and great subtle vocalist, it's both beautiful and deceptively casual singing. She's amazing. This is not her early clear voice - it's her Callas in 1962 or Barbra in 1994 medley. A spectacular vocal event.

Listen to I'll Never Love this Way Again - the end of this live concert. All of this medley contains vocal art. She's a fucking great singer. A bit of wear on a mature voice that can still hit the notes is a beautiful thing. Sing that medley Dionne Warwick. Back when you soared through a hundred different inflections and vocal moods. And that ballsy overshot of the high B# = greatness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199September 12, 2021 4:51 AM

finale, night y'all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200September 12, 2021 4:52 AM

Dionne still has her musicality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201September 12, 2021 4:54 AM

r199 = "Ancient white fags" troll.

by Anonymousreply 202September 12, 2021 4:56 AM

[quote] Her '60s material is really incredible. I'd argue it's superior to Barbra's.

Dionne's catalog of Bacharach/David songs is unparalleled. I love Barbra, too. I think Dionne is to pop music what Aretha is to soul. Karen Carpenter and ONJ both cited Dionne as an influence.

by Anonymousreply 203September 12, 2021 5:00 AM

I have a crush on R199. I always recognize your posts.

by Anonymousreply 204September 12, 2021 5:04 AM

You're hot for the AWF Troll?

by Anonymousreply 205September 12, 2021 5:08 AM

Dionne is #8 on the list of female artists with the most Hot 100 entries on Billboard. She only has one less entry than Madonna, which is incredible when you think about it. She has 3 more entries than Connie Francis. Aretha still has many more hits than Dionne. I'm shocked that Dionne had more hits than Diana Ross. I thought Diana was a more successful solo artist, but I guess not.

Dionne was a singles artist, while Barbra was primarily an albums artist.

The 10 female solo artists with the most Hot 100 entries:

1 Taylor Swift : 129

2 Nicki Minaj : 114

3 Aretha Franklin : 73

4 Ariana Grande : 68

5 Beyoncé : 65

6 Rihanna : 62

7 Madonna : 57

8 Dionne Warwick : 56

9 Connie Francis : 53

10 Miley Cyrus : 51

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206September 12, 2021 5:10 AM

Dionne didn't make the right connections in the 1970s. If she'd connected with Michael Masser before Diana Ross...

by Anonymousreply 207September 12, 2021 5:12 AM

r204 is also the ancient white fags troll, under another account. He has several. Read the posting histories and they're exactly the same.

by Anonymousreply 208September 12, 2021 5:27 AM

YES, R205! The passion and intelligence is so sexy. He has a style that man.

by Anonymousreply 209September 12, 2021 5:29 AM

You're the sad old white man with multiple accounts r208. People know this here and it's so easy to prove. Isolate R202 posts and anyone can see. You post hundreds if not thousands of times a day on DL. You're a racist, old white man. A Fag. On this thread, and every other. A constant elderly harasser of good men and women who have something better to say. You are here to defend Barbric Striezand, go ahead. But leave your paranoia and sickness in the paper bag, at your side. And the shit in your diaper.

Thanks R209.👐🏾

by Anonymousreply 210September 12, 2021 5:47 AM

[Quote] A Fag.

Who isn't?

by Anonymousreply 211September 12, 2021 5:48 AM

I feel like one.

by Anonymousreply 212September 12, 2021 5:50 AM

r210/r206 = talking to himself

by Anonymousreply 213September 12, 2021 5:54 AM

[quote]. You post hundreds if not thousands of times a day on DL. You're a racist, old white man. A Fag. On this thread, and every other. A constant elderly harasser of good men and women who have something better to say.

There's only one like that. R202, R205, R208. And his alters. Sick old man. Thousands of posts a day. SAD

Let's all pray that Jesus visits healing upon his troubled mind tonight!

🙌🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙌🏾

by Anonymousreply 214September 12, 2021 5:58 AM

^^who let this trash in?

by Anonymousreply 215September 12, 2021 6:03 AM

Happy 40th Birthday, to her own self - the divine Jennifer Hudson!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216September 12, 2021 6:20 AM

Jesus is telling you to come to DataLounge?!

by Anonymousreply 217September 12, 2021 6:24 AM

Jesus tells us to pray for lost souls and hearts full of hate and bodies full of disease. May jesus visit healing upon the troubled mind and body of R202. He has another 50 posts on this thread and hundreds more today about other things. R213 is a sick mind in a dirty diaper. Can Jesus heal it? Pray.🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

by Anonymousreply 218September 12, 2021 6:32 AM

Her own self divine - shall not be denied. Happy Birthday Jennifer Hudson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219September 12, 2021 6:34 AM

He is cancer to this site. I'm in love with you now r218. Find out this is good too!

by Anonymousreply 220September 12, 2021 6:41 AM

Someone tell her to suck on another Newport and sit the fuck down. Someone should have thrown her off ship when she re-recorded the theme to "The Love Boat".

by Anonymousreply 221September 12, 2021 6:41 AM

Solid Gold

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222September 12, 2021 6:47 AM

r219/220 = still talking to himself

by Anonymousreply 223September 12, 2021 6:48 AM

Ms Hudson brings vocal beauty and R&B pain to Stevie Wonder's great ballad. Streisand tried it - hell no. Dreck. As usual. We had to listen to it in the Glenn Gould Auditorium. The students laughed at Barbara. She's really terrible aside from how pretty her voice once was.

In live performance, Dionne made this song her own.

Happy 40th Birthday to the spectacular Jennifer Hudson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224September 12, 2021 6:55 AM

Time to put the AWF troll back on Ignore. Why the fuck is this lunatic posting Jennifer Hudson clips on a thread about Dionne? Create a new thread if you want to wish Hudson a Happy Birthday.

And yes he’s talking to himself again, as he often does in other threads. It’s laughable how he accuses anyone for having multiple accounts and WW-ing their posts when he’s the true culprit of doing exactly that! Crazy bitch.

by Anonymousreply 225September 12, 2021 7:06 AM

Eldergays, wasn't Dionne Warwick some kind of infomercial nutcase in the 80s? Was she psychic, or just drunk? What was the joke there?

by Anonymousreply 226September 12, 2021 7:07 AM

She must've been flat broke to do that Psychic Friends shit, it really hurt her reputation.

by Anonymousreply 227September 12, 2021 7:09 AM

You're a sad old man R225. Your face must be hideous. What you fear most will meet you halfway. God help you.🙏🏾

by Anonymousreply 228September 12, 2021 7:11 AM

R227 She didn't get a piece of the "That's What Friends Are For" single? I thought she caught shit for actually keeping the cash from that "charity" offering?

by Anonymousreply 229September 12, 2021 7:18 AM

The profits from that single were donated to charity. Dionne caught shit for the first-class accommodations she demanded when she appeared at an AIDS charity event. But didn't Liz Taylor do exactly the same thing?

by Anonymousreply 230September 12, 2021 7:24 AM

R230 Didn't Liz Taylor only start to care about AIDS when that old closet-case friend of hers flew back from Paris to die in LA?

But the Reagans never started to care at all.

by Anonymousreply 231September 12, 2021 7:28 AM

Dionne did much more for AIDs than Liz Taylor did. First of all, Dionne got out of bed most days. And she stood up. Often she sang. And travelled to sing. She sang that mediocre song to death. She didn't care about fags but she had a hit song. Required years of promotion that one. They bought her some new dresses and Luther and Whitney sang with her too. She loved them both. Dionne was not jealous of Whitney. Not at all. They could not have been more different. And Dionne had a pretty spectacular singing career before the age of videos. Whitney was the greatest voice of all time but that only shaded Aretha and Barbara, which made Dionne happy.

Liz Taylor got up twice a year, demanded private jets and no less than 50 thousand dollars worth of jewelry presents to put on shoes - then showed up to talk about her "passion" for AIDS. Elton gave her more jewels and flew in arms dealers to praise her further. Liz would make a speech about AIDS - she talked about pulling Monty's teeth out of his throat and dear Rock, her terrible personal loss of James Dean and her "Passion" for AIDS. She raised lots of money, (mostly from Elton John) promoted her perfume, got lots of accolades and press and made herself another million dollars in stink, aka stock. Then she lie in bed and pet the dog and had visitors for another 6 months. She tried on jewels and occasionally got dressed. Someone called her each day with the news of the world. She watched Larry King and claimed to read books.

Dionne is stupider than Liz Taylor but not as dumb. Far more industrious. There could be no other star of an event if LIZ had to get out of bed. Dionne is a real talent who actually worked most of her life, so she wasn't petty like that. There was plenty of AIDS to go around. Liza, Liz, Dionne, Debbie. Joan. Bette. All the women over 40 got into it. Elton John is the real hero of it all. Cuz he really gave most of the money himself.

By the mid 80s, Liz had no career, too much money and only the legacy of being a much married self indulgent homewrecker and lousy actress. Fat ex beauty movie star. Drunk. But she knew GAYS. And lots of them died. This became her PASSION. Twice a year, she got out of bed for it. Later they would give her awards for her bravery and humanitarianism, so she sometimes rose 3 times a year. She was brave through lots of personal illness and loss and did sort of help sick GAY men in her Eva Peron kind of way. She wasn't all bad and she didn't steal from the ETAF. She died as she lived. Unable to speak above a shriek.

by Anonymousreply 232September 12, 2021 8:07 AM

I never heard that Jennifer Hudson song before R224. She sings and looks so beautiful. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 233September 12, 2021 8:32 AM

Dionne's '70s voice is better than her '60s voice. I wish she'd re-recorded some of her '60s material then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234September 12, 2021 8:58 AM

Here is Barbras encore from her final live appearance to date.

Chicago, August 6, 2019

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235September 12, 2021 9:13 AM

and for your kvetching pleasure from the same night

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236September 12, 2021 9:16 AM

The great Streizand sounds raspy and sings the whole song with shockingly flat intonation, R235. As in, out of tune. Terrible. The orchestra can swell all night long, but Barbara sounds really BAD.

by Anonymousreply 237September 12, 2021 9:22 AM

I didn't know Dionne has a Masters in Music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238September 12, 2021 9:57 AM

Can you imagine if Dionne won half an Oscar?

She would've been shady AF if she were Barbra in 1969.

by Anonymousreply 239September 12, 2021 9:59 AM

[quote] Will the blatant, smug racism of black celebrities ever be called out the way it is with whites? Listen to her. Listen to the interviewer. You can’t deny it.

What a crock of shit. Dionne shared her opinion about Barbra's Disco phase. How is that racist? And how was the interviewer racist? He asked her a simple question about the Disco era and Dionne working with Thom Bell. He didn't even bring up Barbra into the conversation--Dionne did.

Honestly, I don't know why I'm even asking you these questions. You're one of those people who'll see racism everywhere just by the mere presence of a black person breathing.

by Anonymousreply 240September 12, 2021 10:23 AM

The medley at R234 is great because it has her live version of Then Came You. She moved the beat way up. The recorded version is so lifeless it BEGS to be sung how Dionne did it live.

Then Came You or Heartbreaker haven't been part of her concert sets in a looong time.

by Anonymousreply 241September 12, 2021 10:47 AM

Dionne thinks Donna Summer is "Donna Summers". How sad to see how the carbon dioxide has gone into her brain.

by Anonymousreply 242September 12, 2021 10:54 AM

Old people often add an s to names. "Michael Balls" etc.

by Anonymousreply 243September 12, 2021 1:32 PM

With all due respect to Aretha, I’ve never understood how she could’ve been the biggest chart topper. Growing up in the 60s and 70s, I don’t really recall her music being all over top 40 radio. The only song I really remember getting a lot of play when new was “till you come back to me.“ Dionne’s tunes on the other hand you heard constantly.

by Anonymousreply 244September 12, 2021 1:55 PM

Did the area you live in describe R&B as race music?

by Anonymousreply 245September 12, 2021 1:59 PM

R245 No, dipshit, it didn’t. Just stop.

by Anonymousreply 246September 12, 2021 2:02 PM

Who were some of the R&B performers in your area who were always on the radio?

by Anonymousreply 247September 12, 2021 2:19 PM

R244 Aretha is more r & b. Whereas Dionne is pop.

by Anonymousreply 248September 12, 2021 2:59 PM

That troll who talks to himself needs to be permanently banned. He's in every single thread about a female singer.

by Anonymousreply 249September 12, 2021 3:05 PM

Aretha had the bigger and better voice when she was younger, but Dionne had the better voice for radio. Prettier voices do much better on radio. Dionne, Karen Carpenter, Olivia Newton-John all had the perfect voices for radio--pretty, smooth and soft. Aretha somehow managed to still have hits despite possessing a big gospel voice. She was the last one to do so.

by Anonymousreply 250September 12, 2021 4:48 PM

Aretha is mainly r&b and not mainstream pop like Dionne.

by Anonymousreply 251September 12, 2021 4:51 PM

R203 Not really true. Connie has 4 more pre-Hot 100: The Majesty of Love, Who's Sorry Now, I'm Sorry I Made You Cry, and Stupid Cupid.

by Anonymousreply 252September 13, 2021 2:11 AM

Nobody knows who Connie Francis is anymore.

You have to hand it to Dionne, she's managed to stay relevant through the decades. Very few entertainers have been able to do that.

by Anonymousreply 253September 13, 2021 2:46 AM

She was called the Queen of Twitter yesterday at the TIFF premiere. Her handle on Twitter has been amazing. You have to hand it to her. It's introduced her to a new generation of fans.

by Anonymousreply 254September 13, 2021 2:49 AM

Relevant?

How fucking kind.

By the time this is over I'll be able to charge a five-spot for every time I snap my fingers.

by Anonymousreply 255September 13, 2021 2:50 AM

R253 Plenty know who CF is and always will.

by Anonymousreply 256September 14, 2021 2:25 AM

Nope r256

by Anonymousreply 257September 14, 2021 2:26 AM

R257 Yep! Of course!

by Anonymousreply 258September 14, 2021 2:28 AM

Christ I'm in my forties and Connie Francis was a generation before even I was born.

by Anonymousreply 259September 14, 2021 3:13 AM

Miss Connie Franciscus is no friend of mine, child.

I did done walk on by this bitch long ago. You heard that, no? Everybody knew and knows. I’m right here with you baby.

This hussy put our a full lengf LP of my songs. Can you believe that shit? Like it was fresh.

Not never, honey. Nobody does me like that.

RIP.

by Anonymousreply 260September 14, 2021 3:49 AM

R260

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261September 15, 2021 1:22 AM

Connie Francine sang everything through her nose? With a Bossa Nova beat. That is truly terrible R261.

I read that Connie Francine lost her nose in a motel rape. Sad. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 262September 15, 2021 4:54 AM

R262, They raped her AND took her nose? That's horrible.

by Anonymousreply 263September 15, 2021 5:18 AM

If Dionne were truly charitable she would have given Conchetta some of HER nose.

by Anonymousreply 264September 15, 2021 5:45 AM

I showed plenty of grace and kindness to Connie Francis. But I didn't much like the way she licked spilled drinks off the tables.

by Anonymousreply 265September 15, 2021 12:48 PM

Always nice when the crazy "Cut the Old Whites' Throats" troll escapes from her room in the nursing home and plays at the computer at the empty nurses' station.

Can you imagine occupying that brain and being so twisted? All imagining things, claiming people are other people than they are and then being racist, ageist, sexist and just plain nuts-ugly while misunderstanding the posts she's debasing her humanity over.

Always nice.

by Anonymousreply 266September 15, 2021 4:21 PM

It's the invoking of God that bothers me.

by Anonymousreply 267September 15, 2021 4:29 PM

I've always loved this video of her performing (or lip syncing?) 'Walk On By' on a Parisian rooftop for French TV. I'm not sure what it is about it but I find it quite hypnotic. Maybe because most of it is shot in one take. A bunch of men follow her around and stare at her while she sings lol.

I miss all the great music TV shows. Even through the 90s and early 00s there were still some great ones with both live performances (like Top of the Pops) and behind-the-scenes studio footage too (Behind the Music, etc.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268September 15, 2021 5:22 PM

Dionne was right!

Babs had no business trying to do disco.

She shoulda stuck to the ballads and musical theater. That's her lane.

by Anonymousreply 269September 15, 2021 5:39 PM

Yeah not her shtick

by Anonymousreply 270September 15, 2021 5:44 PM

She sure is UGLY now

by Anonymousreply 271September 15, 2021 6:05 PM

Dionne just met Benedict Cumberbatch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272September 15, 2021 7:43 PM

Must find a rhyme for cumberbatch.

by Anonymousreply 273September 15, 2021 7:53 PM

If it wasn't for Miss Streisand's uptempo/midtempo Disco & Pop offerings (and a few Jazzy things), I wouldn't like anything by her. I personally find her impossible to listen to on the majority of her ballads.

by Anonymousreply 274September 15, 2021 10:00 PM

Barbra and Dionne = UGLY

by Anonymousreply 275September 15, 2021 10:26 PM

If you want to know why Dionne was such a big deal back in the day, all you have to do is watch this video of her singing Stevie Wonder's "All In love Is Fair." Exquisite artistry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276September 17, 2021 1:09 AM

Can you imagine what Dionne’s turds are like? Ewwww!

by Anonymousreply 277September 17, 2021 1:14 AM

Hal, R273, try "slumber snatch."

You're welcome.

My rates have gone up 37% since our last transaction, baby. Now you go calculate something.

by Anonymousreply 278September 17, 2021 1:21 AM

Is the Miss Warwick poster meant to be funny? Very offensive if you look into it. Racist and misgoynist. That old man has a grotesque mind.

by Anonymousreply 279September 17, 2021 2:30 AM

^^yeah, kind of like calling people 'ancient white fags.'

by Anonymousreply 280September 17, 2021 2:32 AM

Learn how to spell before you come for Miss Warwick. It's a monster.

by Anonymousreply 281September 17, 2021 2:34 AM

[quote] Learn how to spell before you come for Miss Warwick. It's a monster.

Well, even Miss Warwick herself went by the name of Miss Waricke for a time so she cannot complain about spelling mistakes when she herself confused us for a few years.

by Anonymousreply 282September 17, 2021 2:42 AM

Are you she, R282? "She" is a an old white man from Missouri. Ex drag queen from the 60s. Banned from Datalounge due to HIS incessant and gross displays of racism, misogyny, slander against black female singers and the telltale all out obsession with bodily decay and SCAT. Most all of the SCAT EST scenarios came from "Miss Warwick." That poster is grotesque, inside and out. Dying on the vine. His long threads on various subjects that were signed as Dionne Warwick and Whitney Houston were used in a lawsuit against DL. And long threads on Twitter and Reddit. A very sick mind. Matt Damon as the Emperor of France too. Cousin of Olivia De Havilland. Suing people over his failed penile injections. Some friend left shit smeared all over his guest bathroom too!!! SCAT TROLL = MISS WARWICK.

It's called HATE SPEECH. That ancient white FAG from Missouri, aka the one who posts under multiple DEE-VICES as Miss Warwicke, is BANNED!!! It's over 80, RACIST as fuck and lives out life in a diaper. Posting from community computers late at night from the nursing home. No wonder Miss Warwick is obsessed with SHIT. It can't help but reveal itself. The smell lingers for years.

Soon, it will be dead. Very soon. God is good.

by Anonymousreply 283September 17, 2021 3:05 AM

^ wow. a lot to say. DW was not that bad a singer.

Is r280 also miss warwicke? r280 is crazy.

by Anonymousreply 284September 17, 2021 3:19 AM

What a fucking nutcase.

by Anonymousreply 285September 17, 2021 3:26 AM

r283 is an example of the kind of crazy trash that DL has been getting for awhile now.

by Anonymousreply 286September 17, 2021 3:26 AM

No crazy man speaks so much provable truth. You sound scared of the receipts, R286. I wonder why?

by Anonymousreply 287September 17, 2021 3:30 AM

And then he logs into one of his other sock puppet accounts to cheer on his other posts while talking to himself.

The bitch is psycho.

by Anonymousreply 288September 17, 2021 3:37 AM

Only one worn out sock POS on this thread. ^^^

Everyone knows your name, R288.

by Anonymousreply 289September 17, 2021 3:50 AM

Dionne singing Stevie isn't reflective of her singing on record. She became famous as a record star. And her recording manager was Burt Bacharach, who was very prescriptive.

by Anonymousreply 290September 17, 2021 4:08 AM

I adore Dionne's Soulful album. It was an R&B record and it's fantastic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291September 17, 2021 4:15 AM

Her remake of "You Lost That Lovin' Feeling" is excellent. The rest of the album is ok. She does most of her own backing vocals. The Sweet Inspirations or the white singers Bacharach sometimes brought in were not engaged. Dionne also co-produced, with Chips Moman, which was a rarity. I bet the credit annoyed Aretha.

by Anonymousreply 292September 17, 2021 4:19 AM

Dionne Warwick was fairly pretty back in the day but now she looks like something that the cat dragged in and forgot to drag back out again. She needs a (gay) stylist for every part of her being.

by Anonymousreply 293September 17, 2021 5:10 AM

These women have spent decades in ballgowns. I think they just want to be comfortable. Lulu has taken to wearing tablecloths.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294September 17, 2021 5:15 AM

r293 after a certain age, many people just don't give a fuck anymore. It's all about comfort.

by Anonymousreply 295September 17, 2021 5:21 AM

Dionne was the star of the Toronto Film Festival last week and did a panel with Benedict Cumberbatch and Jessica Chastain. She's had a huge resurgence and at 80 years old is having a big moment. Good for her!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296September 17, 2021 5:23 AM

Ugliest

by Anonymousreply 297September 17, 2021 9:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!