Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Season 25 and No Meghan McCain on The View

OMG I never realize just how much I couldn't stand loud obnoxious grandstanding woman. It took me until her being fired that I realized what a shrew she was and how she had to cut a big fat wet stinking fart into every conversation that was on that show.

She wouldn't listen to anyone and sulked like an insolent child whenever she felt she was being disrespected.

Which was often.

by Anonymousreply 168November 10, 2021 1:00 PM

I don’t understand her being so rah, rah, rah for the Deplorables who despise her dad.

by Anonymousreply 1September 7, 2021 6:37 PM

OP, this will help you during your withdrawal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 7, 2021 7:26 PM

The show was fun without than entitled no talent bitch McCain. Joy’s story about the gummy was hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 3September 7, 2021 9:37 PM

Did she ever reveal who her father is before she left or is she taking the secret to the grave?

by Anonymousreply 4September 7, 2021 9:39 PM

It was refreshing to see them back in the studio and CUNT FREE!

by Anonymousreply 5September 8, 2021 3:28 AM

First time in four years that the air wasn’t sucked out of the room.

by Anonymousreply 6September 8, 2021 4:26 AM

I enjoyed watching it for the first time in years! What a relief, without the hostility emanating from the blond all the time. I really hope they choose a different kind of person for the 5th panelist.

by Anonymousreply 7September 8, 2021 5:11 AM

Did I notice that Sunny was a bit more conservative as well as Sara? So Joy and Whoopi are the libs and Sara is no longer centrist but as right as she could lean? Same with "You are dead to me" Hosten?

by Anonymousreply 8September 8, 2021 6:02 AM

Straighten your hair, Sunny. It looks a mess.

by Anonymousreply 9September 8, 2021 6:37 AM

r8 It all seemed very planned. They needed someone to express the other point of view. Sunny got the abortion issue (though I think she really believes it) and Sara got assigned to be the contrarian on Afghanistan. I kind of felt Sara was saying what the told her to say. I think she even looked at her cards a few times as she expressed her opinion like it was written there.

I miss Meghan. I want bitch fights. Rosie vs. Elizabeth. Star vs. Barbara. Rosie vs. Whoopi. Meghan vs. Joy. That's when the show is watchable.

by Anonymousreply 10September 8, 2021 7:16 AM

The show was so enjoyable today without Meeghan.

by Anonymousreply 11September 8, 2021 7:44 AM

The person who did Sunny’s make up should be shot.

by Anonymousreply 12September 8, 2021 8:04 AM

Sunny is pro-life and called abortion a sin.

Shouldn't she be hated now?

by Anonymousreply 13September 8, 2021 8:07 AM

R13 Yes

by Anonymousreply 14September 8, 2021 8:23 AM

Megan isn't up to much nowadays but ranting on Twitter about Biden or Vice magazine. Bitch has got to be one of the most negative and hateful people alive. Even the mopey and bitter misanthropists on Data lounge occasionally post something lighthearted or funny in between making threads comparing various anti depressants. McCain is just non stop misery and anger.

by Anonymousreply 15September 8, 2021 8:38 AM

13 You forgot the part where she believes it's a woman's right tho.

by Anonymousreply 16September 8, 2021 11:53 AM

Meghan's audiobook comes out on October 21st.

We shall see what kind of cuntery ensues.

by Anonymousreply 17September 8, 2021 1:19 PM

Why is Mia Love shouting every time she speaks? She knows other women are only 3 feet away, right? And that they all have microphones on? She reminds me of the Will Farrell character on SNL who can't modulate the volume of his voice.

by Anonymousreply 18September 8, 2021 3:31 PM

It's Remind Joy She Was Fired Day!

by Anonymousreply 19September 8, 2021 3:58 PM

No idea who Mia Love is so couldn’t care less. Did they even put a graphic up under her to identify who she is? I couldn’t understand what name Whoopi said when she introduced her and since I didn’t see a graphic so I watched having to clue who she is. Should I know her? Is she worthy of a Season 25 first guest co-host?

by Anonymousreply 20September 8, 2021 4:53 PM

Sunny is such an asshole. She claims she doesn't believe in abortion because it's against her faith, but she's okay with contraception and just "differs from the church" there. So basically she uses her faith as an excuse when it's convent for her and ignores it when it's convenient for her.

by Anonymousreply 21September 8, 2021 5:10 PM

Yeah, Sunny is full of shit, sometimes. She's an attorney but doesn't really talk about separation of church and state. She clings to "tradition" and her Catholicism in a reflexive way rather than a thoughtful, discerning way.

by Anonymousreply 22September 8, 2021 5:36 PM

Mia thinks everything is a slippery slope.

by Anonymousreply 23September 8, 2021 5:40 PM

R1, No one ever said that republicans were smart.

by Anonymousreply 24September 8, 2021 9:30 PM

The producers are doing double time to fill the gap that fatass left.

Sunny and Sara are MORE conservative than ever.

Back in the studio, it is nice to see Whoopi actually WORKING again.

by Anonymousreply 25September 8, 2021 10:41 PM

Whoopi is enormous now.

Sunny packed on some pandemic pounds, as well.

by Anonymousreply 26September 8, 2021 10:45 PM

R21 - Agreed about Sunny - that's exactly what I was thinking. And anybody who pounds their chest and says "I'm a Catholic" is sus to me. Sunny thinks she's more intelligent and more profound than she really is. She gets a pass from me 80% of the time - she's fine - but I've got my eye on her. She has said some fucked up shit.

And what was with Sarah making all of these stupid ass comparisons to the troops we have in Germany and South Korea? That was fucking word salad and a total non sequitur.

Love Joy pulling up those quotes - but she needs to underline that we only hear this shit from ONE SIDE of politics - always Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 27September 8, 2021 10:46 PM

[quote]And what was with Sarah making all of these stupid ass comparisons to the troops we have in Germany and South Korea? That was fucking word salad and a total non sequitur.

Fatass left her some cards.

by Anonymousreply 28September 8, 2021 10:47 PM

Whoopi has indeed gotten so fat! She’s gained at least 60 lbs. Yikes!!!!

by Anonymousreply 29September 9, 2021 2:53 AM

WWII and the Korean War ended a long time ago, but we still have a certain number of troops in Germany and South Korea to this day. Our troops in South Korea are considered a major reason why North Korea has always stayed in line. So Sarah wanted to know why we had to do a total evacuation from Afghanistan rather than leaving a small number of troops there to keep the Taliban in check.

by Anonymousreply 30September 9, 2021 2:54 AM

Sunny not only looks heavier, her face appears fuller and smoother.

by Anonymousreply 31September 9, 2021 4:44 AM

I think Mia Love knew she was auditioning and over did it trying to make an impact.

I'm gonna hate this parade of co-hosts trying out. Just audition them in private and put one on and see how she does.

by Anonymousreply 32September 9, 2021 4:55 AM

I hope they don't hire Ana Navarro.

by Anonymousreply 33September 9, 2021 5:07 AM

I hope they do if she'll move.

by Anonymousreply 34September 9, 2021 5:12 AM

R34, Her militant yapping every day would be too much. She's better on a one day a week basis.

by Anonymousreply 35September 9, 2021 12:18 PM

Did they even mention Barbara Walters' name on the premiere show of season 25?

by Anonymousreply 36September 9, 2021 12:20 PM

r36, so you didn't watch?

by Anonymousreply 37September 9, 2021 4:00 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38September 9, 2021 5:00 PM

Good! I don’t read the Daily Mail so I won’t have to read her crap.

by Anonymousreply 39September 9, 2021 5:27 PM

Meghan has a face made for radio, if her voice wasn’t so shrill so a written column where she won’t obstruct my View is a good place for her.

by Anonymousreply 40September 9, 2021 5:30 PM

Sunny does look like she gained weight. Whoopi was already overweight but does look like she gained weight as well. I don't know if it's the makeup or the lighting, but Joy (I realize she's older) and Sarah look haggard.

by Anonymousreply 41September 9, 2021 5:31 PM

" I realized what a shrew she was and how she had to cut a big fat wet stinking fart into every conversation that was on that show.

She wouldn't listen to anyone and sulked like an insolent child whenever she felt she was being disrespected.

Which was often. "

This is ubiquitous on current affairs US television shows. Advertisers depend on outrage, adrenaline, disgust, and discourtesy.

by Anonymousreply 42September 9, 2021 5:34 PM

[quote]It took me until her being fired that I realized what a shrew she was

Really, queen? You're just now getting the memo? What rock were you sleeping under?

by Anonymousreply 43September 9, 2021 5:36 PM

I can'r believe how much better the new season has been. The set is nice. The brash theme song has been finally killed. And without being remote and without Meghan, the woman are having actual interactive conversation. No more Whoopi asking, "And you! What do you think? OK! And YOU! What do you think? OK! And you! OK! We're taking a break!"

It's like they're human or something now.

by Anonymousreply 44September 9, 2021 6:36 PM

Wow, R38, I expected her to join the Daily Caller, not the Daily Mail. She hates everything UK related. Years ago the topic was the royals and she lost her shit and said she only cares about America, the founding fathers, the flag, not the country we fled from and their evil monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 45September 9, 2021 6:38 PM

Piers Morgan etc. are about to find out how difficult she is to work with. The producers and co-hosts of The View can tell them first hand that the hassle is not worth whatever 'ratings' the McCain family name brings to his little rag.

by Anonymousreply 46September 9, 2021 6:56 PM

You can keep either your face or your ass, r31.

by Anonymousreply 47September 9, 2021 7:11 PM

The first Whoopi Free Friday with Joy moderating, Ana filling in for Whoopi and Star Jones rotating in for the departed fat ass was delightful. Yesterday with Steve and Marty was a very good show. The show goes back to being great without the Republicunt.

by Anonymousreply 48September 10, 2021 7:21 PM

Love how Joy mentioned Ana is very popular with the audience just in case Mrs. Domenech, Daily Fail contributor is watching.

by Anonymousreply 49September 10, 2021 7:33 PM

R49 She probably did it to signal to Star that she doesn't have a chance of getting back on.

by Anonymousreply 50September 10, 2021 7:51 PM

This was a very refreshing week of shows. Do not miss the Widow McPain one bit. She really did suck the life out of the room. You can have different view points but the way the widow McPain went about it was off putting. Good riddance!

by Anonymousreply 51September 10, 2021 8:40 PM

They need to get Whoopi a foot stool that matches the table or at that at least color coordinates with the rest of the set.

by Anonymousreply 52September 13, 2021 4:05 PM

Are we sure Me-Again hasn't also been hired for the Daily Mail TV show?

In NYC, think this show airs on the CW or WOR. Not sure, I don't watch it. When I'm watching the local CW news, I always see the ads for the DM show.

by Anonymousreply 53September 13, 2021 4:32 PM

Well, she has a footstool. And the conservative black woman was boring. Dull. NEXT!

by Anonymousreply 54September 14, 2021 1:59 AM

R10, I liked the squabbles too but Meghan went too far.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55September 14, 2021 3:33 AM

I wonder which of the old cohosts is next after Starlett? Looking forward to Rosie on a Friday!

by Anonymousreply 56September 14, 2021 4:30 AM

They’re gonna wheel out Babs with a shit filled diaper.

by Anonymousreply 57September 14, 2021 5:24 AM

R57, And she'll be holding the petrified remains of Cha Cha.

by Anonymousreply 58September 14, 2021 6:49 AM

Joy's new face is just so distracting. It's so flat. She looks like Jabba the Hut.

by Anonymousreply 59September 14, 2021 6:54 AM

Joy turns 79 on October 7th.

by Anonymousreply 60September 14, 2021 7:04 AM

joy has a loyal fan base. When they fired her, they brought her back bc the audience dropped. When I watch the show, I watch for her.

by Anonymousreply 61September 14, 2021 7:09 AM

R61, Posting from the Brooksby Village Senior Living Center, Suite 13A.

by Anonymousreply 62September 14, 2021 12:43 PM

R61, She was gone for two full seasons. If her departure resulted in a ratings drop, she would have been asked back long before two years elapsed.

by Anonymousreply 63September 14, 2021 12:47 PM

Elder gays will recall that CBS forced Walter Cronkite to retire in 1981 at age 65.

Today, that seems ludicrous.

by Anonymousreply 64September 14, 2021 12:50 PM

Sara looks good in the new opening. What the hell is Joy holding in the opening, a scarf? Looks like a snake. Whose bright idea was that?

by Anonymousreply 65September 14, 2021 3:03 PM

R61 me too, she makes the show, I agree with her politics, & find her really funny. Her voice alone cracks me up. The show was unwatchable the two seasons she was away.

by Anonymousreply 66September 14, 2021 3:04 PM

I cringed all through the discussion on Bill Maher yesterday. Maher said he felt like having a black national anthem and separate graduation ceremonies for black students was a form of segregation. Then Sunny chimed in to say that was gaslighting and she was tired of people ignoring history…even though no one was actually talking about history or denying it should be taught. Instead, Sunny was gaslighting by talking about an entirely different topic. I did crack up, though, when the one host mentioned a black mother who didn't like her child being separated into an all black classroom—Sunny just sat there with that stupid pursed lips face she makes when she's at a loss for words.

by Anonymousreply 67September 14, 2021 4:51 PM

[quote]Joy turns 79 on October 7th.

Joy is only now turning 79? That cannot be right. I thought she was close to 80 a few years ago?

I have to ask my friend who knows both Joy and Joy's close friend, the priest from Brooklyn.

by Anonymousreply 68September 16, 2021 1:59 AM

I also watch this show for Joy. Smart, liberal broad that one.

by Anonymousreply 69September 16, 2021 2:22 AM

It's amazing how much lying they did on the show in regards to firing. I can distincly remember Joy announcing her departure and Barbara saying how much she tried to talk her out of leaving. Babs knew she was fired. They fired Hasslebeck and Lisa Ling too and lied about it. And then there is the infamous we'd hoped Star would leave with dignity. Star chose another way----by exposing the fraud of her firing.

I have a feeling Sherri Sheppard was fired too. All that bad press about the test tube baby she didn't want to pay for probably didn't go over well with the frau demographics.

by Anonymousreply 70September 16, 2021 7:13 AM

Michelle Collins once *hinted* on her podcast how iron-clad the contracts are. It's like an NDA on steroids. They can get rid of you and you just have to smile and wave. The way she reacted after letting it slip made it clear to what extent they were forced to remain quiet.

Hasselbeck normally would have been on every right-wing outlet in America talking about how wronged she was, but even for her you barely heard a peep about her ending on the show.

by Anonymousreply 71September 16, 2021 8:08 AM

I don't agree with Maher about the Black National Anthem especially since it's been around forever, but I do agree with his thoughts on separate graduations for Black students. That's just ridiculous--unless it's an HBC.

by Anonymousreply 72September 16, 2021 9:41 AM

They miss Meghan. The show is rapidly becoming unwatchable.

And why is Sunny's dramatic change in appearance being ignored on here?

by Anonymousreply 73September 16, 2021 8:38 PM

The show is much more watchable without The Republicunt.

by Anonymousreply 74September 17, 2021 1:12 AM

Ana was on today and I hope she does a double for Whoopi Free Friday tomorrow.

Loved how they rolled around Niki M's enlarged testicles statement and broadcast the T&T minister's statement.

by Anonymousreply 75September 17, 2021 2:02 AM

Sonny’s face looked very Michael Jackson the other day. Her makeup is inconsistent and odd.

by Anonymousreply 76September 17, 2021 2:11 AM

I forget what it was since I just had it on in the background but on Monday (I think) Sara had a surprisingly conservative opinion about something.

I guess as the low man on the totem pole she gets Meghan's old rants.

by Anonymousreply 77September 17, 2021 4:48 AM

My college had graduation celebrations specifically for black and Latino students, but everybody officially graduated together. What's the harm in that?

by Anonymousreply 78September 17, 2021 5:17 AM

That was what people fought against in the sixties r78. Separate but equal.

by Anonymousreply 79September 17, 2021 5:18 AM

Will they have Rosie guest host on a day when Whoopi is there?

by Anonymousreply 80September 17, 2021 5:23 AM

Isn't Rosie living in LA now?

by Anonymousreply 81September 17, 2021 5:25 AM

How did Star and Joy get along?

That was kind of rotten of Joy when Star had heart surgery and Joy didn't reach out in anyway.

Star was a guest on Joy's CNNHL show. She handled it well. Joked to Joy that they cracked my chest open and Joy didn't call, write, send an email. Nothing. She did it with a smile and not anger which threw Joy off kilter. Joy said I didn't know about it to which Star quickly replied Barbara announced it on the show and you were there. Joy gave some lame excuse like I blank out on those kind of things. Whatever that meant.

by Anonymousreply 82September 17, 2021 5:28 AM

I think Joy & Star didn’t get along well. Joy is way more liberal; I think she said something about Star being anti-gay marriage (yet she married one, har har).

by Anonymousreply 83September 17, 2021 5:54 AM

In the beginning the were best buddies. They'd take trips to Europe together since Star was single and Joy's husband didn't like to go.

by Anonymousreply 84September 17, 2021 5:55 AM

The breaking point between Joy and Star was when Star insisted the co-hosts lie about how she lost her weight.

And, the way Star prostituted her wedding preparations.

by Anonymousreply 85September 17, 2021 6:58 AM

Star married a gay.

by Anonymousreply 86September 17, 2021 8:15 AM

I will never forget Joan Rivers joking that she hates when people think old people are forgetful, and then grabs Sherri Shepherd and says "isn't that right, Starr?"

LOL

by Anonymousreply 87September 17, 2021 12:43 PM

R87, It was hilarious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88September 17, 2021 1:14 PM

R88

Joy: "That was below the belt."

by Anonymousreply 89September 17, 2021 2:33 PM

Michelle Collins?

The EASTENDERS actress was once a co-host on The View? Guess I missed this!

by Anonymousreply 90September 17, 2021 5:10 PM

R85 Star says that the producers encouraged her to talk about her engagement and her wedding plans because they thought it made her relatable and likable to viewers, and then they came up with the idea of getting sponsors related to it for her to hawk their products on air. It was product placement, and I believe her 100 percent. They made the wedding thing her thing (all the cohosts are assigned at least one personal interest to harp on to make them 'relatable'), and many of the show's segments are untransparently product placements. Sometimes even the cohosts are paid for by sponsors, usually when it's a celebrity book author (remember Don Jr. and Kim Guilfoyle cohosting?), but sometimes it's a charity, a movie or TV show.

by Anonymousreply 91September 17, 2021 7:04 PM

R91, It was a bad decision and it backfired, big time.

by Anonymousreply 92September 17, 2021 7:12 PM

R92 Obviously but I don't think Star deserves the blame for it. I do believe her claim that the producers put her up to it and then held it against her when audiences found it off putting. I do think it went to her head.

I also think it was convenient (but justifiable) for Babs et al to say they were uncomfortable lying about how Star lost weight when it was obvious she had surgery and they all had to play dumb.

by Anonymousreply 93September 17, 2021 7:21 PM

Babs and that producer of hers, Bill Geddie, must be responsible for all the lying that went on for years. She controlled that show with a tight fist. Once she finally left the show it was as if the sun came out. I hated her control over every damned thing.

by Anonymousreply 94September 17, 2021 8:08 PM

Is there any chance they might have Barbara make an appearance on the 25th season, even remotely from wherever she is?

by Anonymousreply 95September 18, 2021 2:17 AM

Babs makes doo doos in her diapers all day. That’s her life now.

by Anonymousreply 96September 18, 2021 3:33 AM

Babs will pull a Susan Hayward, who show up to the 1974 Oscars as if nothing is wrong.

Then she died.

by Anonymousreply 97September 18, 2021 4:11 AM

I don't believe Star's claim that it was the producers idea.

She did it once with little reaction.

The second time she started mentioning products the other co-hosts all suddenly got real uncomfortable looking (fear of Barbara?) and Star sort of got real serious like did I say something wrong. The other co-hosts looked toward Bill Gedde who must have been making faces in the front row.

by Anonymousreply 98September 18, 2021 4:39 AM

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I enjoyed Raven Symone as a cohost. Is she coming back for a Friday?

What about Candace Bure? Rosie Perez? Jenny McCarthy? Nicolle Wallace? Elizabeth Hasselbeck? I'm just wondering how deep into the vault they're taking these 25th anniversary celebrations.

by Anonymousreply 99September 18, 2021 2:58 PM

R99 Raven and Candace and I think Nicolle all were shown to be future podcast interviewees, so chances are good they will come back.

I thought Raven was an abysmal cohost. I liked her personality fine, but she didn't know anything and didn't try to know anything. She would avoid topics by saying she's a Millennial and "but y'all know I'm a conspiracy theorist and I have some crazy ideas!" and never specified what her supposed conspiracy theories were. She was useless, as were McCarthy and Bure.

I love Rosie Perez, but she was a terrible choice for a host, too, mainly because only two topics engaged her: Latino issues, which came up sometimes, and boxing, which never should have come up but which she brought of 2 of 5 days a week.

Other duds were heiress Abby Huntsman, airhead Michelle Collins and mega-flop Paula Faris.

by Anonymousreply 100September 18, 2021 3:11 PM

I also like Rosie Perez and agree she was not the right fit for this show.

As for the other Rosie, Ms. O'Donnell, I would love for her to guest host or share her thoughts on the podcast, but it seems she doesn't have a good relationship with the show.

by Anonymousreply 101September 18, 2021 3:32 PM

[quote]Other duds were heiress Abby Huntsman, airhead Michelle Collins and mega-flop Paula Faris.

Again, who the FUCK is Michelle Collins?! If this person was ever on The View, guess I wasn't watching due her reign.

Are you confusing this MC person with Nicole Wallace? Nicole is certainly not an airhead.

Paula Faris was one-note and smug.

by Anonymousreply 102September 18, 2021 3:38 PM

I think this was during Joy's unfortunate temporary firing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103September 18, 2021 3:43 PM

R102 Michelle Collins is singer Judy Collins's daughter. Michelle calls herself a comedian. She got herself in trouble on The View by saying something disrespectful about nurses that she meant as a joke, and she was forced to apologize but I think the nursing association forced her off the show because of it.

She now has a show on Andy Cohen's satellite radio station. I think she may have been a radio personality before she was on The View.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104September 18, 2021 3:45 PM

Watched it yesterday with Lisa Ling. Definitely calmer since the other one left, but it's also not compelling either. And the political discourse doesn't seem to be much better than when McCain's daughter was there.

And the Biden united front is going to start wearing thin as well.

They were talking about how the CDC and the WHO are contradicting themselves, and Lisa tried to make the point that this current administration perhaps could send a a stronger, more cohesive message on COVID. And that as batshit as the other guy was, he was getting on TV every night and talking to people, and they basically jumped all over her and didn't hear the point that she was trying to make. Ana screaming "I don't want someone to tell me to inject myself with bleach!" All Lisa was trying to say was that perhaps Biden should have someone go on TV on a frequent basis and just inform people with updates, to help with a unified message and not confuse people.

Also Sunny bringing up how everyone is acting like animals now and Joy saying "Well you can blame Trump for that!" was ridiculous. If anything, the lack of civil discourse and behavior in this country is what lead to him getting elected.

by Anonymousreply 105September 18, 2021 3:57 PM

Michelle Collins' mother is named Judy, but she is not the folk-singer Judy Collins. Singer Judy Collins only has one son.

I remember that snafu with the nurses association and it was so stupid and blown out of proportion.

Basically, the cohosts were talking about some beauty pageant that aired the previous day. For the talent competition, one of the contestants read a statement about a typical day in her life as a nurse. Michelle quipped that reading a statement about your job is not a talent as opposed to singing a song or doing a dance routine. The comment was actually kind of funny and accurate, but she in no way made fun of nurses or what they do. Of course in this day and age, people love to misinterpret others' comments so they can get outraged and make noise all over social media. And of course, The View had to go into damage control and invite the nurses association on the show so the hosts could proclaim how much they adore nurses. It was all so, so, so dumb.

by Anonymousreply 106September 18, 2021 4:19 PM

Is Michelle collins a man?

by Anonymousreply 107September 18, 2021 5:05 PM

R106, And didn't Joy make a comment about a contestant wearing a nurse's uniform, not knowing she was a nurse, and Joy was forced to issue an on air apology?

by Anonymousreply 108September 18, 2021 5:21 PM

Yes, R108. The producers were hardcore about making the women apologize for everything that season and then when McCain came along, she never issued a single apology until the Hillary Clinton comment, and that apology came a season later. She was clearly forced to say it though.

by Anonymousreply 109September 18, 2021 5:23 PM

Wearing a nurse's uniform and reading a statement about your life as a nurse is not a talent for the talent segment of a beauty pageant which was the point they were making.

Was this the same season in which the ladies discussed name discrimination on resumes and Raven got in trouble for saying she would never hire someone whose name is Watermelonquisha or something like that?

Fun times!

by Anonymousreply 110September 18, 2021 5:44 PM

Yep, R110. ABC was punishing the hell out of all the cohosts. They apologized alll the time. Then Foghorn Meghorn came in and was given free reign to wreak havoc and insult every viewer and cohost daily.

by Anonymousreply 111September 18, 2021 5:50 PM

[quote]She gets a pass from me 80% of the time - she's fine - but I've got my eye on her. She has said some fucked up shit.

Neither Joy, Sunny or Whoopi for that matter are really progressive. Meghan being there just made them stand out more as being normal. But all three pretty much tow the moderate Democratic line. Whoopi has gotten pissed many times on the show over someone suggesting that the rich get taxed more. Sunny is conservative on some issues, and still isn't as evolved as she likes to think she is on others. And Joy was a progressive, hardcore Sanders supporter before Dump was elected and she did a 180. She was defending Joe Manchin a couple of months back saying the dems need him more than he needs them.

That's why I would like an actual progressive co host on the show, but it's clear from Ling's appearance yesterday that they don't want a co-host who will question their opinions, they want someone who will make them look right all the time.

by Anonymousreply 112September 18, 2021 6:01 PM

[quote] tow the moderate Democratic line

R112 The expression is toe the line.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113September 18, 2021 6:16 PM

Well, the Dems do need that asswipe Manchin more than he needs them, so if Joy said that, it's kind of true.

by Anonymousreply 114September 18, 2021 6:37 PM

I've watched the show pretty regularly over the years, but the only time I fully tuned out was during 2015 and 2016 when Candace/Raven/Paula/Jed/Michelle were hosts. It seemed like the show didn't know what it wanted to be and the hosts had zero chemistry as a group. I think Michelle Collins likely got a raw deal, though. The nurses thing was stupid and I once attended an event that she hosted and she was absolutely hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 115September 18, 2021 10:21 PM

Michelle also got paid crumbs for her season. I've read she was paid $250,000. Compare that to the $6 million Whoopi reportedly makes. I get that Whoopi is a big name and Michelle is not but that's a huge pay disparity to do essentially the same job. Rosie O'Donnell also called out the The View's shitty pay in interviews over the years.

by Anonymousreply 116September 19, 2021 12:29 AM

I like the show a whole lot more with the women back in the studio. I don't miss McCain at all. What a disruptive piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 117September 19, 2021 12:33 AM

R116, Whoopi is paid $6,000,000 to do little more than shuffle out four days a week, sit there for an hour and monitor the commercial breaks?

by Anonymousreply 118September 19, 2021 12:59 AM

I'm surprised Whoopi is still there after all these years. I'm always reading on DL how much she hates the gig.

by Anonymousreply 119September 19, 2021 1:06 AM

Whoopi said she was going to quit and then Trump happened and people in her life told her how important it is for her to be there. She found new meaning in it. Also, she wants that money because she is a great grandma whose whole family feeds at her teats.

by Anonymousreply 120September 19, 2021 1:11 AM

Whoopi is only there for the check. That has been obvious for years now. Michelle Collins was not a good host. Nice person but she couldn't be serious about fucking anything.

by Anonymousreply 121September 19, 2021 1:21 AM

Yeah, I figured this must be easy money for Whoopi at this point. Plus, she gets Fridays off too. Sweet deal.

by Anonymousreply 122September 19, 2021 1:32 AM

Whoopi Goldberg has gotten as big as a house. And the clothes she wears...good lord, they're horrible. I know Whoopi would say she doesn't care, but she still looks horrible. Maybe she could care just a little bit about her bag lady appearance all the time.

by Anonymousreply 123September 19, 2021 1:36 AM

[quote]I thought Raven was an abysmal cohost. I liked her personality fine, but she didn't know anything and didn't try to know anything.

I remember during Trump's rise thru the republican primaries she just would say I'm ignoring him and not talking about him.

Joy eventually freaked out and said HE'S GOING TO BE THE REPUBLICAN NOMINEE! You can't just not talk about him!!!

by Anonymousreply 124September 19, 2021 1:44 AM

Raven supported Gary Johnson because of his laws on marijuana.

She was not the best tool in the shed.

by Anonymousreply 125September 19, 2021 1:54 AM

Gassy farty Whoopster has indeed gotten fatter. She’s enormous!

by Anonymousreply 126September 19, 2021 1:59 AM

What happened to Sunny and why does she look like such utter shit.

by Anonymousreply 127September 19, 2021 2:06 AM

She stayed inside her house with her family for two years and put on weight.

And she's replacing Meghan right now as the most conservative host, and Meghan left a big chair to fill.

by Anonymousreply 128September 19, 2021 2:25 AM

I like the new set but the lighting person hasn't got it right. The ladies all look horrible because of bad lighting. I don't like Sara's my little pony hairdo, and Sunny looks heavily made up and old.

by Anonymousreply 129September 19, 2021 2:36 AM

Sunny's hair is shit. Straighten it once in a while. The frizzy curls are unattractive. She's also become a bit schoolmarm-ish and prissy conservative. "My religion doesn't believe abortion." Well smell you, dear.

by Anonymousreply 130September 19, 2021 2:49 AM

Sunny's stockiness is highlighted when she walks on after viewers have just seen her much slimmer in the introduction photos.

by Anonymousreply 131September 19, 2021 2:56 AM

R131, Mrs Domenech took an opening shot that made her look like a leopard print sleeping bag. Then she ballooned into a bedazzled burrito.

by Anonymousreply 132September 19, 2021 4:24 AM

Rosie keeps tweeting that the surprise co-host is not her. Looks like she doesn't want people to tune in to maybe see her.

by Anonymousreply 133September 19, 2021 4:43 AM

Clarkson may be taking Ellen's spot, but Rosie will probably return to claim the Lesbian Talk Show Host slot later next year.

by Anonymousreply 134September 19, 2021 6:50 AM

And THAT is why she moved to LA.^^^

by Anonymousreply 135September 19, 2021 6:50 AM

In a recent interview Rosie said she doesn't think she could do a talk show nowadays since she isn't up on current pop culture. She liked her show because she got to interview people she grew up with. She thinks she'd be at a loss as to what to ask people from things like the CW she said.

by Anonymousreply 136September 19, 2021 6:56 AM

Monday, Oct. 4 – Guest co-host Alyssa Farah, former White House Communications Director for the Trump administration

Tuesday, Oct. 5 – Guest co-host Alyssa Farah; John Lithgow (author, “A Confederacy of Dumptys: Portraits of American Scoundrels in Verse”)

Wednesday, Oct. 6 – Guest co-host Cindy McCain, ambassador to United Nations Agencies for Food and Agriculture; performance from Broadway’s “Six”

Thursday, Oct. 7 – Cast of ABC’s “Shark Tank” Mark Cuban, Barbara Corcoran, Daymond John, Robert Herjavec and Lori Greiner (Joy's B'Day)

Friday, Oct. 8 – Celebrating season 25 with a special twist on Flashback Friday; will.i.am (“Alter Ego”)

by Anonymousreply 137October 4, 2021 4:56 PM

Sunny's interpreted legal notices are HILARIOUS!

I wonder if ABC is going to do a legal notice that Sunny's interp of the prior legal notices were hers alone and do not reflect the views of ABC.

by Anonymousreply 138October 4, 2021 5:26 PM

Michelle Collins was not a good fit for the View despite being HILARIOUS. You should listen to her show and podcast. She's like the really funny friend you hang out with who you think should be a comedienne but she's actually a witty/ funny observationalist who's super quick on her feet. Like a Stern or somebody.

by Anonymousreply 139October 4, 2021 6:35 PM

r139, I see whatcha doin...

by Anonymousreply 140October 4, 2021 7:46 PM

Is Michelle a man? I never figured it out.

by Anonymousreply 141October 5, 2021 1:50 AM

Amazing how candid this is about the producers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142October 5, 2021 11:04 AM

Lots of Babs shade in this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143October 5, 2021 11:12 AM

Cindy McCain was on the panel today. She claims to still be a ReThug.

by Anonymousreply 144October 6, 2021 11:02 PM

She really was the turd in the punchbowl.

by Anonymousreply 145October 6, 2021 11:58 PM

Cindy told a story about how Meghan made her brother's life miserable as kids until he stood up to her and threw her through a screen door. I was hoping Joy would say something like "I wish I would've thought of that."

by Anonymousreply 146October 7, 2021 1:36 AM

^lol!! I love Joy & hated all the times Meghan bullied her. My mother, also a liberal like me, said Joy bullied Meghan (what show was she watching)?

by Anonymousreply 147October 7, 2021 5:16 AM

There's a clip on YouTube where all the ladies got Photoshop'd with gray hair - just to see what they'd all look like. Precious Sunny "admitted" to getting a few gray hairs on her temples, only. Ana looked at Sunny and said, "That's all?" Sunny is so full of shit and Ana knew it.

by Anonymousreply 148October 7, 2021 6:22 AM

Ana let it out that she went to law school.

Is she the Jim Jordan at the table?

by Anonymousreply 149October 23, 2021 4:26 AM

The View Guests for the Week of October 25th-29th:

Monday, October 25 – Guest co-host Gretchen Carlson

Katie Couric (Going There)

View Your Deal

Tuesday, October 26 – Guest co-host Gretchen Carlson

Ava DuVernay and Jaden Michael (Colin in Black & White)

Wednesday, October 27

Drew Barrymore and Chef Pilar Valdes (Rebel Homemaker)

Thursday, October 28

Edie Falco (Impeachment: American Crime Story, Morning Sun)

Friday, October 29 – Happy Halloween!

Ricki Lake will appear as Hairspray’s Tracy Turnblad

Kermit and Miss Piggy (Muppets Haunted Mansion)

Kids costumes inspired by the latest Hot Topics

by Anonymousreply 150October 23, 2021 4:30 AM

R150, I can see Gretchen making Katie uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 151October 23, 2021 5:03 AM

Is Sunny hiding after Condi was a cunt to her?

by Anonymousreply 152October 23, 2021 6:42 AM

Yeah...Condi really shut Sunny down. You can see the daggers from Sunny's eyes.

by Anonymousreply 153October 23, 2021 8:18 AM

The Sunny vs. Condi dynamic was interesting, although it's clear that Condoleeza is no Colin Powell. She came across as considerably more Republican-allied than I expected given how the party has devolved since Trump.

I like Ava DuVernay's direction and I like Edie Falco. Should be a pretty good week. It's nice to be able to look forward to some interviews without dreading screeching temper tantrums from McCain.

The show has been auditioning a variety of conservative women who seem to vary in their conservatism but so far none of them seems like an extreme alt-right Nazi type and not one of them seems to be the type to blow her lid and scream over everyone to demand attention. It's such a relief.

by Anonymousreply 154October 23, 2021 10:36 AM

R154, We need Edie Falco to tell us all about Stanley Tucci's cock.

by Anonymousreply 155October 23, 2021 11:57 AM

R155 Do we, though? I think anyone with a little (or a lot) experience knows that a man named Tucci has a very fat cock of just slightly longer-than-average length that drools a lot of precum and produces Krispy Kreme icing-consistency cum that doesn't shoot far but glazes the cock with abundant spurts.

I mean, he's Italian.

by Anonymousreply 156October 23, 2021 12:32 PM

[It appears that Red M is $$ threads earlier. Please post on another thread if this happens here and we'll move.]

by Anonymousreply 157October 23, 2021 1:52 PM

it was odd to see Condi say let me finish! to another black woman.

by Anonymousreply 158October 23, 2021 2:15 PM

Condi exemplified what this show actually needs if they want a conservative—a mature, accomplished, articulate individual. Both Elisabeth and Meaghan suffered from filling both the conservative role and the young role, which too often left them pouting or shouting over the other women when trying to get their counterpoints across.

by Anonymousreply 159October 23, 2021 2:21 PM

R159 It does make me wonder (At this point, I think this is unrealistic, but in theory...) whether totally different representation of Republicans on TV might change Republican culture. I don't think there's any question that making Trump, Kellyanne Conway, Rudy Giuliani and all those other brats the figureheads for the party created monsters like Matt Gaetz and Gym Jordan and encouraged a lot of others like Lindsey Graham to lower themselves to new, previously unthinkable depths of depravity. If TV Republicans were more like Colin Powell, Condi, et al., I wonder how significantly that would change the general public's demeanor as well as the behaviors of people in elected offices.

I remember when the show "The Weakest Link" came out, the game show with the nasty British host who insulted everyone for laughs, my mom lamented that the show was going to change our culture and make people think being mean and hurting people's feelings is funny. I told her she was ascribing a lot of influence to a dumb game show and that I really didn't think one jerky game show host on TV was going to make everyone nasty to one another. I don't know if that specific show had any influence in it happening, but not long thereafter (probably more due to influences like Simon Cowell), people in this country got MEAN. Civility is gone and I miss it.

by Anonymousreply 160October 23, 2021 3:31 PM

What a cunt Morgan Ortagus was to Adam Schiff.

It must be the breaching of the Trump mouthpieces this week with the spewing of Kellyanne and this twat.

by Anonymousreply 161November 9, 2021 6:51 PM

[quote]Cindy told a story about how Meghan made her brother's life miserable as kids until he stood up to her and threw her through a screen door.

What a family!

by Anonymousreply 162November 9, 2021 7:13 PM

[quote] What a cunt Morgan Ortagus was to Adam Schiff.

R161 Yes, but Schiff wasted no time smacking down her bullshit premise. It was a delight.

by Anonymousreply 163November 9, 2021 8:03 PM

it's better the main group and ana. Why do they have all these guest hosts?

by Anonymousreply 164November 9, 2021 11:24 PM

Ana is the permanent guest host. They are auditioning Meghan McCunts vacancy with the rotations.

by Anonymousreply 165November 9, 2021 11:36 PM

Here's Schiff in action.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166November 10, 2021 1:39 AM

What is wrong with these losers like this Morgan person above that they continue to support chrump after all the damage he's done?

by Anonymousreply 167November 10, 2021 10:36 AM

Don't forget, she was the Kayleigh MAGA-ninny to evil fucker Mike Pompeo at the Dept of State.

Just a lie spewer.

She thinks someone will hire her after THAT?

by Anonymousreply 168November 10, 2021 1:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!