Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

If Newsome loses the election...

When does he have to step down? Immediately?

(the Diane Feinstein thread got me worried about this.)

by Anonymousreply 115September 16, 2021 12:00 PM

He won't lose. Not even close.

The Dems are the ones counting the votes.

It's all taken care of - Auntie Nancy will see to it.

by Anonymousreply 1September 7, 2021 4:13 AM

He's not going to be recalled. NEXT.

by Anonymousreply 2September 7, 2021 4:14 AM

I have a feeling she's gonna pull a RBG lol. It doesn't matter Sinema and Manchin have already made life hell for the dems.

by Anonymousreply 3September 7, 2021 4:14 AM

He'll cheat, and he'll "win".

by Anonymousreply 4September 7, 2021 4:16 AM

OP, stop worrying bout it silly. As if Californians are going to hand over the state to the Reptilian-adjacent Repubes. hahahaha

Just make sure you vote and spread the word.

by Anonymousreply 5September 7, 2021 4:19 AM

No one has an answer. If he does lose would there be time for Diane to step down and him appoint a new one?

by Anonymousreply 6September 7, 2021 4:19 AM

The mexican population is really down on Newsome. Not sure why.

by Anonymousreply 7September 7, 2021 4:20 AM

R7, b/c he pretty much ruined the CA economy, and they're out of jobs.

by Anonymousreply 8September 7, 2021 4:26 AM

There's a transition period.

"County elections officials have 30 days after the election to complete the official canvass. On the 38th day after the election, if the recall is successful, the Secretary of State will certify the election results, and the new governor would take the oath of office and assume the position for the remainder of the term (through January 2, 2023). "

by Anonymousreply 9September 7, 2021 4:29 AM

What do you mean out of jobs, R8?? Half the businesses in town are hiring. It's impossible to find a restaurant that's open for lunch because they are short staffed.

Take the trolling elsewhere, Ivan.

by Anonymousreply 10September 7, 2021 4:35 AM

R8 is full of crap and wishful thinking Repug. The CA economy is actually doing great! Your doom and gloom talking points are bat shit crazy like your party. Here's a source you can trust. CA is NUMBER 1 in the US! Covid-19 accelerated California’s record productivity. HA, HA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 7, 2021 4:35 AM

The answer is yes, R6/OP. If Newsom loses, Diane can still appoint her successor. She doesn't automatically lose her seat because he loses. People are worried because they're afraid that Diane is going to pull an RBG-that is, die before she can appoint a Democratic successor. Don't worry though, it won't happen. Newsom is polling really well, so if she dies while he's in office or when another Democratic governor is in, then they'll appoint a Democrat to take her seat, securing the Senate majority.

by Anonymousreply 12September 7, 2021 4:37 AM

Within 7 days

by Anonymousreply 13September 7, 2021 4:38 AM

I don't think Diane gets to pick her successor. Kamala didn't. The governor does.

by Anonymousreply 14September 7, 2021 4:40 AM

R13 See R9

It's 38 days from the day of the election.

by Anonymousreply 15September 7, 2021 4:43 AM

If Elder won we would be stuck with this stupid bimbo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 7, 2021 4:45 AM

N-E-W-S-O-M

D-I-A-N-N-E

Really, people. Does no one care about accuracy and spelling anymore?

by Anonymousreply 17September 7, 2021 11:32 AM

Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 18September 12, 2021 3:07 AM

VOTE NO.

So none of this happens.

Can we just keep Gavin Newsom already? You know, the only one that is qualified for this challenging job. This guy is serious and is working his ass off.

by Anonymousreply 19September 12, 2021 3:14 AM

"The mexican population is really down on Newsome. Not sure why."

Weak minds susceptible to brainwashing?

by Anonymousreply 20September 12, 2021 3:25 AM

California Action and ACLU are both endorsing Gavin Newsom.

We need everyone who can vote in California to: VOTE NO.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 12, 2021 3:28 AM

Here is a VERY GOOD voting resource.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 12, 2021 3:29 AM

R7 and R20 sound like racist trolls. It is the WHITE cuntservatives behind all of this bullshit. I haven't heard from any Mexicans in Cali bitching about this recall shit.

by Anonymousreply 23September 12, 2021 3:30 AM

R7 and it’s Newsom, you racist ass wipe.

by Anonymousreply 24September 12, 2021 3:31 AM

I wish someone would start publicizing how much this ridiculous election is costing taxpayers. Talk about a colossal waste of money when we can least afford it!

by Anonymousreply 25September 12, 2021 3:52 AM

I would think everyone who is going to vote has already done so. Why is Biden bothering to go on Monday? It's a mail in ballot. I'm sure people sent it in or threw it away by now.

by Anonymousreply 26September 12, 2021 3:56 AM

Boy this is low-level trolling. Latest polls show Newsom winning by 20 points. You can thank the clusterfucks that are Texas and Florida for that.

More to the point, in order to pull off a recall, the GOP needed low turn-out from Democrats, they're not getting it. Around 40 percent of all registered Democrats have already voted--more than the GOP and independents combined. Democrats have a huge registration edge over the GOP, which hasn't won a statewide election in more than 10 years.

But, yes, if Newsom loses, the turn-over is short and, yes, the governor would appoint Feinstein's successor if she died. However, Feinstein, unlike RBG, doesn't have terminal cancer and the winner of the recall election would be up for a vote a year from November.

Which is one of the reasons the recall is such fucking, expensive nonsense--Newsom's up for re-election in a year anyway. The ONLY reason the GOP is doing this recall crap is because they're incapable of fielding a candidate who can win an actual majority of votes. Oh, and because they're trying to destroy future Democratic presidential candidates who might win. Of course, if the recall ends up being the blow-out for Newsom that it's now looking to be, Newsom will actually be in a stronger position than he was. Gavin's not brilliant, but he's got good political instincts--always has.

by Anonymousreply 27September 12, 2021 4:09 AM

The purpose of the recall was to surprise the Dems and damage Newsom as governor, I imagine in order weaken him for next year's election.

Republicans always play dirty because they are incapable of winning a fair match.

by Anonymousreply 28September 12, 2021 4:21 AM

Why are MAGAssholes are on DL trolling tonight? So many twat addled, right leaning threads. I blocked three posters and most of it vanished.

by Anonymousreply 29September 12, 2021 5:06 AM

OP = Boris DeFuckwit the Nazi Incel, always "concerned" and "worried" about everything but his own, messy, unelectable Republican Party.

Nobody else is worried because the recall is going to fail. Only the OP's masturbation fantasies contain Larry Elder becoming governor. Boris is just trying to terrorize DLers again, even though his empty threats of a Republican Senate and White House collapsed pathetically.

Why doesn't the OP explain what he's going to do about his worries and concerns that the Republican Party can't win the White House for another 12 years minimum because they've completely wasted their credibility on the criminal Trump, who is tearing their party apart?

by Anonymousreply 30September 12, 2021 5:24 AM

[quote] If Newsome loses the election

Well, you Win Some, you New Some.

by Anonymousreply 31September 12, 2021 5:26 AM

I started the thread almost two weeks ago r30. Then the polls were 5050.

Now I'm not worried. (Wow you are paranoid about repugs on DL)

by Anonymousreply 32September 12, 2021 5:54 AM

This unnecessary and dangerous recall is costing Californians over $270 millions dollars. Remember, this shady recall effort is not the normally scheduled election. This money could have been used to assist Californians through Covid. We are basically paying for Larry Elder to run his batshit crazy mouth off. This is what the California Republican Party did to us. I am furious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33September 12, 2021 6:07 AM

VOTE NO!

All Hands on Deck! We need you to VOTE NO!

by Anonymousreply 34September 12, 2021 6:13 AM

Check Mate, Newsom is going to come out of the smelling like roses and probably twice as strong for re-election had they just left thing alone.

Of course they are already spinning how it was rigged. Even before the vote is counted. Who do you think gave them that idea?

by Anonymousreply 35September 12, 2021 6:19 AM

Do other states have this easy a recall process? I've never heard of other states doing it.

by Anonymousreply 36September 12, 2021 6:33 AM

Why is California trying so hard to be idiotic?

by Anonymousreply 37September 12, 2021 6:42 AM

Because there are still a lot of Republicans who live in the State r37. Why is Florida trying so hard to be idiotic? Coincidence? I think not.

by Anonymousreply 38September 12, 2021 6:46 AM

The Republican Party has been trying to recall Gavin Newsom, since he took office. This recall is shady and without merit. This is costing us over $270 million dollars. This money could have been use to deal with COVID. You know, the dangerous pandemic that is still happening. Every Californian should be furious with this.

VOTE NO (on first question on your ballot).

Do not sit this one out. It's important. We need YOU!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39September 12, 2021 6:51 AM

13 reasons to recall Newscum #Newsom 1. Gavin Newsom’s Employment Development Department has sent over $30 billion in fraudulent checks to prison inmates and other criminals, while forcing hundreds of thousands of out-of-work Californians to wait for months for money they are owed. 2. After ordering Californians to stay home and avoid social gatherings, Gavin Newsom arrogantly ignored his own edicts by dining with lobbyists at the French Laundry restaurant while not wearing a mask or social distancing. 3. As Governor, Gavin Newsom has given millions of dollars in no-bid contracts to businesses that pay his wife a six-figure salary, a practice that government watchdogs called a clear conflict of interest. 4. Even now after the CDC has lifted all COVID-19 restrictions, Gavin Newsom has refused to give up the emergency executive powers he invoked during the pandemic, allowing him to continue awarding no-bid multi-million dollar contracts to his biggest campaign donors. 5. Crime is spiking in California, yet Gavin Newsom ordered the early release of 20 thousand prison inmates and is giving another 76 thousand the chance to leave prison before serving their full terms. 6. Gavin Newsom cut 150 million dollars from the state’s fire protection budget and misled the public about his fire protection record, exaggerating by over 690% the number of acres protected under his own program and leaving over 78,000 acres vulnerable to devastating fires. 7. While millions of water customers are facing severe restrictions on their personal water usage, Gavin Newsom’s biggest campaign donor continues to use 120 billion gallons a year – enough to supply all of the residents of Los Angeles and San Francisco for an entire year. 8. Gavin Newsom allowed teacher’s unions, not science, to dictate when schools could reopen and whether students will be forced to get vaccinated or wear masks in the classroom this fall. 9. While Gavin Newsom continues to claim that homelessness is his top priority, the problem has gotten much worse since he has been in office and he now wants to spend another $12 billion on new programs and says it will take five more years to make a dent in homelessness. 10. Due to high taxes and fees, Californians pay over $1.20 more than the national average for a gallon of gas, but Gavin Newsom refused to stop or delay another gas tax increase on July 1. 11. Gavin Newsom agreed to a secretive nearly one-billion-dollar state contract to produce face masks with a politically connected Chinese company. A head of the company had donated tens of thousands of dollars to Newsom’s campaign. Without the legislature knowing, the company was wired half a million dollars. 12. Governor Newsom ordered ten-percent pay cuts for state workers because of the pandemic. Newsom promised to reduce his own pay, but broke his promise and continued to collect his full monthly salary. 13. Companies where Governor Newsom has an ownership interest received millions of dollars from the Paycheck Protection Program. One of the companies is a winery that received nearly one million dollars to protect only 14 jobs. This is more than SEVEN times the average small business loan to other California companies with a similar number of workers.

by Anonymousreply 40September 12, 2021 9:13 AM

Beside this idiot hasn't address any issues he's going to fix or improve. All he said is that this recall is a republican attempt to get California or a Trump takeover. Not one thing how he's going to fix the homeless, EDD, Taxes, Only concern is his job. He must go

by Anonymousreply 41September 12, 2021 9:19 AM

Oh by the way, didn't they mention that he lied about the French laundry incident about it being out doors, wearing mask and maintaining distance. He lied about it and then video surfaced that it was indeed indoors. No masked. He then later acknowledged it after the video tape was made public. What a sleeze bag. A typical politician

by Anonymousreply 42September 12, 2021 9:27 AM

Will Caitlyn Jenner have a future in politics? She wants to fight for California. She just loves it here.

by Anonymousreply 43September 12, 2021 9:52 AM

I saw Goody Newsom at the French Laundry. He wasn’t writing his name in the devil’s book, but nonetheless, burn him at the stake!

by Anonymousreply 44September 12, 2021 2:06 PM

restaurants were partial open if they followed covid protocol measures. Also, he, his family and staff were getting covid testing. This is not an real issue. Moreover, restaurants and republicans were the ones who wanted the partial openings.

We need to keep Gavin Newsom.

VOTE NO!

by Anonymousreply 45September 12, 2021 2:10 PM

It is time to vote NO. We need Gavin Newsom. He is qualified and he is working hard to keep us safe. Moreover, he is the only sane one.

We need Everyone to VOTE! Here is a voting resource too.

VOTE NO!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46September 12, 2021 2:16 PM

The latest aggregate of polls (Sept. 10) has NO winning 56.2% to 41.6%. That seems like a healthy margin, but does anyone know if the polls are of people who intend to return the ballot (or already have)?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 12, 2021 2:21 PM

[QUOTE] The mexican population is really down on Newsome. Not sure why.

Because they can think for themselves. I know, it must be a crushing disappointment after the DNC erased our border.

by Anonymousreply 48September 12, 2021 2:29 PM

Is there an option to expel California altogether from the Union? I think most of the country would vote for that.

by Anonymousreply 49September 12, 2021 2:30 PM

[quote] Boris is just trying to terrorize DLers again

Oh honey, no. Most DLers a collection of neurotic, self-absorbed, disinformed elitists who enjoy living in state of perpetual victimhood and fear. Why else would anyone be a Democrat nowadays?

by Anonymousreply 50September 12, 2021 2:32 PM

A bit disappointed. I vote NO on 8/24. Mail. Vote just now recorded on Where’s My Vote site. 9/12. I wish they would review the systems and procedures of voting in this country. Could have invested that $270 Million in new voting technology for our future.

by Anonymousreply 51September 12, 2021 2:41 PM

LOL at the DNC erasing the border. Real alternate universe shit. I hate what Fox and Facebook have done to the world.

by Anonymousreply 52September 12, 2021 2:46 PM

[quote] LOL at the DNC erasing the border.

Not really that funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 12, 2021 2:53 PM

Yeah the idiotic framing of “DNC erased the border” is still fully risible.

by Anonymousreply 54September 12, 2021 3:09 PM

R41 r42 I agree with you in general, but the problem is the Republicans ARE actually worse than the hypocritical, elitist Dems. I would vote for AOC before I would vote for Ted Cruz--both are crazy, but one is maliciously crazy and a plutocrat and the other is just regular sjw crazy, which I can work with although I would hate having to do so.

by Anonymousreply 55September 12, 2021 3:26 PM

[quote]DNC erased the border

You can't erase a Wall that Trump failed to build. Or if you want to claim he did build a wall, not a very good one that can evaporate into thin air so easily. Which is it?

by Anonymousreply 56September 13, 2021 3:11 AM

The latest polls show 60 / 39 to keep Newsom.

This whole sneaky Republican attempted takeover has officially backfired. You just made him more popular than ever.

Check Mate stupid bitches.

by Anonymousreply 57September 13, 2021 3:13 AM

[quote]Oh honey, no. Most DLers a collection of neurotic, self-absorbed, disinformed elitists who enjoy living in state of perpetual victimhood and fear. Why else would anyone be a Republican nowadays.

There, fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 58September 13, 2021 3:15 AM

R57 thinks the election is over. lol

by Anonymousreply 59September 13, 2021 3:27 AM

It pretty much is R59, half the mail in ballots are in, and based on the numbers, even if everyone from hear on out voted for a recall, there are not enough Repugs to change it in their favor.

But by all means, DEMS GET OUT AND VOTE.

by Anonymousreply 60September 13, 2021 3:30 AM

Will Grewsome be having his victory party at French Laundry?

by Anonymousreply 61September 13, 2021 10:48 PM

I hope he does, R61, just to own the deplorables. It's time the Democrats stopped cringing and started rubbing that shit in their faces.

by Anonymousreply 62September 13, 2021 10:50 PM

R62 - I hope he does, but only because I know you're 100% wrong.

by Anonymousreply 63September 13, 2021 10:52 PM

R61, yes. And he will be feasting on pan-seared GOP elephant steaks drenched in a rich jous of Republican tears!

by Anonymousreply 64September 13, 2021 10:54 PM

It's pretty obvious which of the posts here originate from Moscow or some other dismal Russian location.

by Anonymousreply 65September 13, 2021 10:55 PM

It's pretty obvious R65 is mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 66September 13, 2021 11:03 PM

The recall threads all have a "posting from Slovenia about a local election" vibe

Seriously....Newsome?

by Anonymousreply 67September 13, 2021 11:06 PM

Tax the Republicans to pay for the cost of this election!!!

by Anonymousreply 68September 13, 2021 11:08 PM

The Newsome is more better looking than the Donold, R68.

by Anonymousreply 69September 13, 2021 11:09 PM

Newsom won 62% of the vote when he got elected governor. Imagine if he wins the recall by about the same margin? Democrats will be on alert and out for blood in 2022.

by Anonymousreply 70September 13, 2021 11:27 PM

Well, the 538 aggregate is at 57.4% today, R70; I don't know if those are polls of likely ballot-senders or all registered voters.

by Anonymousreply 71September 14, 2021 12:40 AM

Returned ballots definitely figure into polls.

Until election day, there is a huge push to get every D who hasn't voted to vote. People can vote in person OR vote by absentee mail. You can put your ballot in the mailbox today, tonight, or tomorrow as well. As long as its in the mailbox tomorrow, it's good.

It takes like 30 days for a full count. If it looked like Newsom was going down (which if it happened, we'd know before those final votes came in), Feinstein could always resign and he could appoint a replacement.

by Anonymousreply 72September 14, 2021 1:18 AM

[quote]he will be feasting on pan-seared GOP elephant steaks drenched in a rich jous of Republican tears!

R64 WW Love that.

by Anonymousreply 73September 14, 2021 9:00 AM

republicans/larry elder are saying they have a large group that is voting in person today. You never know.

We need all Dems, sane republicans and independents too, to VOTE NO TODAY. Also, there is lower than expected turn out of younger voters in dem party. We need you all to vote. Get your ASS to a Voting Center. Or dropoff your mail-in ballot.

There are only 2 questions on the ballot. You only have to answer the first question: VOTE NO. This keeps Gavin Newsom in office. He is working his ass off to keep us safe too. We need him.

GET YOUR ASS TO THE POLLS . GO TO A VOTING CENTER TODAY.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74September 14, 2021 9:08 AM

Boris will go into overdrive when Newsom prevails.

by Anonymousreply 75September 14, 2021 2:51 PM

if newsom losses, we lose. This means, we are FUCKED. This is a very serious recall, and it is dangerous. You need to get to a Voting Center TODAY. VOTE NO! We have to keep Gavin Newsom in office and stop this crazies on the recall list. Gavin Newsom is a very good Governor too. He is working hard to keep us safe.

VOTE NO!

by Anonymousreply 76September 14, 2021 3:50 PM

All I know is, when this is over, they need to CHANGE THE FUCKING LAW so that this ridiculous waste of money never happens again. The man was going to be up for reelection in nine months.

by Anonymousreply 77September 14, 2021 9:52 PM

He’s not going to lose, everybody has blown this out of proportion

by Anonymousreply 78September 14, 2021 9:58 PM

Exit polls coming

by Anonymousreply 79September 14, 2021 11:05 PM

there is 4 more hours. Polls are still open. They close at 8pm.

by Anonymousreply 80September 14, 2021 11:07 PM

[quote] All I know is, when this is over, they need to CHANGE THE FUCKING LAW so that this ridiculous waste of money never happens again. The man was going to be up for reelection in nine months.

Unlike how frugal Pelosi spent God knows how much time and money knowing she would fail with TWO impeachments of Trump, and then have the audacity to try for a third time after he was out of office. Pelosi is both the circus and the monkeys.

by Anonymousreply 81September 14, 2021 11:31 PM

Do you think impeachments cost even a fraction of what it costs to run an election in a state with 58 counties and nearly 40 million people?

by Anonymousreply 82September 15, 2021 12:33 AM

And for ONE issue? The biggest and most unnecessary waste of money in recent history.

by Anonymousreply 83September 15, 2021 12:34 AM

R81 compares apples and oranges and gets basic facts wrong. There were two impeachments of TFG, not three. R81 is probably a resident of some dismal suburb in Moscow.

by Anonymousreply 84September 15, 2021 12:51 AM

R81 is talking out of her ass. There is a big difference between trying to recall a governor because it upset you that he was eating at a restraint during covid and a President who BROKE THE LAW working with Russians and then causing an attack on the Capital of the United States.

by Anonymousreply 85September 15, 2021 12:59 AM

I voted for Olivia Colman

by Anonymousreply 86September 15, 2021 2:19 AM

oops wrong voting

by Anonymousreply 87September 15, 2021 2:19 AM

R84 -

1. The comparison is apt. YOU find it unpalatable which is something else entirely.

2. Learn to read. I never said three impeachments. She did in fact try for a third time but it never gained traction. I wouldn't be surprised if the Jan 6 hearings lead to attempt #4 - on a President who is now no longer in office.

3. Just stop with Boris bullshit already. You have no idea how ridiculous you sound to anyone who is NOT a slack-jawed, drooling Lefty nutjob.

by Anonymousreply 88September 15, 2021 11:54 AM

Don't worry...he won bigly.

by Anonymousreply 89September 15, 2021 11:56 AM

To no one's surprise. California is about 67% blue. Newsome could be a terrorist on trial for blowing up LAX and still win that state against a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 90September 15, 2021 11:58 AM

Well, R88, your name may not be Boris, but in mocking the impeachments and claiming legality for the insurrection you're doing the work of an anti-American troll.

by Anonymousreply 91September 15, 2021 12:00 PM

No, I'm just calling out Leftist bullshit. It's all politics and it's all theater. And yes, that includes the Right too.

by Anonymousreply 92September 15, 2021 12:02 PM

R88/R92 is definitely a Boris sycophant, not actually a Russian, but happy to do their dirty work for them.

by Anonymousreply 93September 15, 2021 12:06 PM

R93 - ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

by Anonymousreply 94September 15, 2021 12:07 PM

Unless there is a real likelihood of success, both parties should stop with the impeachment nonsense. When the votes aren’t there to remove, impeachment is just theatre. California should rethink it’s recall as well. In exactly one year the state could have a new Governor if they want one. They didn’t need to waste millions on another election.

by Anonymousreply 95September 15, 2021 12:12 PM

[quote]No, I'm just calling out Leftist bullshit. It's all politics and it's all theater.

If you call impeachment for evident serious offenses against our electoral system "bullshit" and "theater" then you're defending those offenses and attacking our country.

by Anonymousreply 96September 15, 2021 12:16 PM

r90 Tell that to Gray Davis.

by Anonymousreply 97September 15, 2021 12:20 PM

It sounds like the concern trolls can relax now.

by Anonymousreply 98September 15, 2021 12:25 PM

R97, it's not 2003 anymore.

by Anonymousreply 99September 15, 2021 12:32 PM

This was the sixth attempt by republicans (in under two years) to recall Newsom. This one only went to an election because some bonehead judge granted the republicans extra time to collect petition signatures due to Covid.

The comparison to two impeachments over actual criminality is not, in fact, apt.

by Anonymousreply 100September 15, 2021 12:42 PM

This snarky article from barely two weeks before the recall did not age very well at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101September 15, 2021 12:49 PM

[quote] Newsome could be a terrorist on trial for blowing up LAX and still win that state against a Republican.

It's NEWSOM not NEW-SOME you idiot.

You also got it wrong you silly Troll, here is the original quote, "“I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters,”" - Donald J. Trump. Circa 2016.

by Anonymousreply 102September 15, 2021 12:54 PM

I forgot about Omarosa. She disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 103September 15, 2021 12:55 PM

Republicans have energized Democrats to vote in midterms again.

2022 will be 2018 all over again.

Nobody is buying white racist crap anymore.

by Anonymousreply 104September 15, 2021 12:58 PM

The next CA referendum should be to change the spelling of his name to add an E.

by Anonymousreply 105September 15, 2021 1:11 PM

R95, it seems to me this failed coup also helps Newsom's re-election bid. All of this campaigning is still fresh in everyone's mind and likely to resonate during a re-election campaign.

by Anonymousreply 106September 15, 2021 1:17 PM

The problem with impeachment today is that it's become a tit-for-tat game, especially with repubs....who now threaten Democrats impeachment for anything, to get even with the libs. Impeachment is for very serious, treasonous offenses...which trump deserved with his alliances to Putin and the January 6 coup attempt. That's the worst I've seen of any President. His crimes surpassed Nixon and Clinton by a wide margin. So now...magats have to get even in some way.

by Anonymousreply 107September 15, 2021 2:09 PM

For the record, Gavin Newsom is the governor and first responder. He was eating at restaurants that wanted to use PH measures to stay open to support them. Something that was helpful to these businesses. These business wanted this.

Gavin Newsom and his family was getting Covid tests. They were negative. It would be safer for more concern restaurant owners and staff to work with them because they know for sure they were negative for covid, and not spreading the illness.

The entire narrative from the GOP was blatantly FALSE. Newsom, the first family and his team was using Public Health Measure the whole time. It just shows how these disgusting hit pieces can effect the public. You may have fallen prey to republican misinformation tactics. Hopefully, you can learn from this.

by Anonymousreply 108September 15, 2021 2:26 PM

They've been playing that game since Watergate, R107. Impeaching the next (except Carter) Democratic president for lying about an affair (no, it wasn't perjury) and trying to take down duly elected Democrats everywhere. Republicans don't want free elections; they're the party of Nixon's ratfuckers.

by Anonymousreply 109September 15, 2021 2:27 PM

r105=Laurie Metcalf

by Anonymousreply 110September 15, 2021 3:17 PM

[quote] He'll cheat, and he'll "win".

For a slimy UK-based right wing troll, you seem to care a lot about what happens in the US. Is that you... Angry Superannuated Brit?

by Anonymousreply 111September 15, 2021 3:47 PM

The final numbers showed more people voted for Newsom to stay than when he first got elected. If he chooses to run again, he will be even more popular than the first time around.

Check Mate Mother Fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 112September 16, 2021 11:23 AM

R112, do you have a link to the final numbers? I just realized that the NYT numbers haven't been updated since yesterday (they only show the count at 74% of total votes cast), and for some reason everything else that my search brings up is also from yesterday at the latest.

by Anonymousreply 113September 16, 2021 11:32 AM

It'll take a while to count all the votes for a "final" tally -- and it's probably not a priority since it was clear by 8PM (PST) what the outcome was.

by Anonymousreply 114September 16, 2021 11:54 AM

Thanks, R114. I thought R112 was referring to the definitive numbers.

by Anonymousreply 115September 16, 2021 12:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!