Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Phoebe Waller-Bridge departs Mr. and Mrs. Smith remake

Over “Creative differences” with Donald Glover.

Smart lady. She and Glover would have had zero chemistry in a piece which totally relies on chemistry. And Glover has all the sexual allure and charm of a wombat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 7, 2021 6:29 PM

Donald Glover filling in for Brad Pitt. That's not color blind casting. That's totally blind casting.

by Anonymousreply 1September 6, 2021 5:43 PM

Were there no black actresses available? It’s weird that they would hire a white actress for the role to play opposite Glover. They need to trust that two black leads can carry a show.

by Anonymousreply 2September 6, 2021 5:44 PM

Or how about getting rid of the black man, if he's the problem?

by Anonymousreply 3September 6, 2021 5:47 PM

He looks like a total asshole in that pic. But who wants to see a remake of that shit anyway?

by Anonymousreply 4September 6, 2021 5:49 PM

Donald Glover is such a zzzzzzzzzz to me, and he seems very full of himself

by Anonymousreply 5September 6, 2021 5:49 PM

Mr and Mrs Smith is War of the Roses with a twist- and now we need a remake? These two are both hailed as next generation creatives, you'd think they would have a bit more sense but then $$$ talk.

by Anonymousreply 6September 6, 2021 5:52 PM

I’m available, Donal(d).

We can treat the masses to our smoldering on-screen chemistry!

by Anonymousreply 7September 6, 2021 5:56 PM

Her face is very difficult for my eyes to digest. Hopefully she will be replaced with a more talented, and at least mildly attractive, actress.

by Anonymousreply 8September 6, 2021 5:58 PM

She’s an insufferable cunt and likely a racist.

by Anonymousreply 9September 6, 2021 5:58 PM

R3 How would you know he is?

by Anonymousreply 10September 6, 2021 5:59 PM

If they were smart (BIG FAT IF), they’d bring it to the screen as Mr. & Mr. Smith.

Adversarial killers.

Closeted homosexuals who can no longer stifle their lustful passion for each other and END UP married.

by Anonymousreply 11September 6, 2021 6:00 PM

With Oscar Issac as one of the Misters Smith.

by Anonymousreply 12September 6, 2021 6:00 PM

This was such a bad idea.

by Anonymousreply 13September 6, 2021 6:02 PM

This is a TV series based on the movie.

by Anonymousreply 14September 6, 2021 6:29 PM

How dumb. It wasn't even a great movie. I'm starting to think we're going to see the same story over and over, redone 10 different times. Can they not come up with new material?

by Anonymousreply 15September 6, 2021 6:56 PM

Remake after Remake after Remake. I could see Idris Elba doing this, but not Childish Gambino. There are so many black studs in Hollywood who could easily sell this. So many beautiful women of all races who could be a great Mrs. Smith. Phoebe will probably stick to historical dramas, where she best fits. Remember he played Lens Dunhams repub boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 16September 6, 2021 7:14 PM

[quote]they’d bring it to the screen as Mr. & Mr. Smith.

Starring Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka!

by Anonymousreply 17September 6, 2021 7:14 PM

[quote]Or how about getting rid of the black man, if he's the problem?

It's his series. He brought her in. He had been very complimentary of "Fleabag" and he honored her at the BAFTA-LA award. I'm sure whatever happened was truly a creative difference as they are both writers and have created their own vehicles. Since this was Glover's baby with someone from his "Atlanta" writing staff, I'm sure she felt her voice wasn't being included and stepped away.

by Anonymousreply 18September 6, 2021 7:19 PM

[quote] It's his series.

If it’s going to be a hood version, she should have deferred to him.

by Anonymousreply 19September 6, 2021 11:03 PM

She probably bailed because it was a piece of shit, he had to be the star in every scene, and she didn’t want the AA community taking a role it thinks should go to a black actress. Good move on her part.

by Anonymousreply 20September 7, 2021 2:19 AM

Casting him as a young Lando Calrissian was a joke. Billy Dee Williams is handsome and sexy. Glover is…neither.

by Anonymousreply 21September 7, 2021 6:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!