Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tonight's Dinner (because I know you're interested!)

Appetizers: Boiled tree fungus with peppered fish fat, and sea urchins with bordelaise sauce.

Salad course: Oak leaves and moss (Spanish) with neat's-foot oil and vinegar.

Main course: Boiled ostrich with sweet and sour sauce, turtle dove sautéed in its own feathers, roast parrot and dormice stuffed with pork and pine kernels.

And finally for dessert, flamingo flambé with fricassee of forget-me-nots.

by Anonymousreply 54September 15, 2021 10:21 AM

where's the cod and prunes, bitch?

by Anonymousreply 1September 5, 2021 11:03 PM

Phht. Turkey meatballs or it never happened.

by Anonymousreply 2September 5, 2021 11:07 PM

I'm bringing back the Baked Potato Bar.

by Anonymousreply 3September 5, 2021 11:11 PM

Hahahahaha.

Ya burnt Greg.

by Anonymousreply 4September 5, 2021 11:12 PM

Rah-sha-sha!

by Anonymousreply 5September 5, 2021 11:13 PM

What choices of drinks, Greg?

by Anonymousreply 6September 5, 2021 11:18 PM

So in other words, it’s mac and cheese again.

by Anonymousreply 7September 5, 2021 11:19 PM

Shaved Bar-S Smoked Sausage in a sauce of melted Old Dominion peanut brittle on Hungry Jack mashed potatoes with REAL butter.

by Anonymousreply 8September 5, 2021 11:19 PM

OP, are you in Sudan 🇸🇩?

by Anonymousreply 9September 5, 2021 11:45 PM

why not the unicorn tartare, greg?

by Anonymousreply 10September 5, 2021 11:47 PM

I blocked Greg a couple of days ago, so I know OP isn't him. DL is so much better now!

by Anonymousreply 11September 5, 2021 11:48 PM

R11 How the hell do you not realize that this is a parody thread?

by Anonymousreply 12September 5, 2021 11:52 PM

You had me until the forget-me-nots. I simply abhor those in my dessert. We refer to them as "poorchids" as they are the poor man's orchid.

by Anonymousreply 13September 5, 2021 11:53 PM

R12, that's obvious.

by Anonymousreply 14September 6, 2021 12:03 AM

[quote]OP, are you in Sudan 🇸🇩?

Don't say Sudan.

It wounds.

by Anonymousreply 15September 6, 2021 12:07 AM

Actually, there is a tree fungus mushroom that's supposedly delicious. Just can't think of the name.

by Anonymousreply 16September 6, 2021 12:33 AM

R16, that's what truffles are. Not to be confused with huitlacoche aka corn smut, which is a delicacy in Mexico (picture at link).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 6, 2021 1:22 AM

r17, it's not truffles, it must be what you're referring to. I know truffles and love them.

by Anonymousreply 18September 6, 2021 1:42 AM

Somewhat random aside: I gave my sister an Italian salt cellar and some regular sea salt and some black truffle salt. She put the black truffle salt in first, and then decided it was "too strong" so she put it back in the bag and tried the regular salt - but the smell of the black truffle salt had so permeated the salt cellar that she had to wash it multiple times and even use some chemical compound to get the smell out of it, at last. Curious if she kept the truffle salt after that or just threw it away.

by Anonymousreply 19September 8, 2021 2:57 AM

Hot Dogs.

by Anonymousreply 20September 8, 2021 3:58 AM

Your going to summon him like Betelguese if you keep saying his name.

...And then he's going to come in here and tell us how we're all ridiculous children and how he is right and we are wrong etc. etc. etc. narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 21September 8, 2021 5:55 AM

[quote] Your going to summon him like Betelguese if you keep saying his name.

Is Gregg a bottom?

by Anonymousreply 22September 8, 2021 1:01 PM

Obviously.

by Anonymousreply 23September 8, 2021 5:46 PM

lasagna with extra dose of spinach and minced vegetables baked in.

by Anonymousreply 24September 8, 2021 7:05 PM

I see my balut fricassee and sparkling cider inspired you

by Anonymousreply 25September 8, 2021 8:23 PM

Well, we got a Kitchenaid multi-purpose machine and made homemade pasta for the first time...fettuccine at that...with farm-fresh eggs. We then warmed up some EVOO, crushed garlic and red pepper flakes in the pan, added a bit of pasta water to a bunch of diced tomatoes, some sweet yellow baby tomatoes we stewed and crushed, some freshly cooked sardines in a zesty tomato sauce (bought this morning from the deli) and a few diced oyster mushrooms. We added a bit of fresh basil, dried oregano and a dash of salt and pepper. Then, we mixed it all with shaved peccorino and mozzarella and garnished it with sliced black olives and a few capers. It was amazing.

by Anonymousreply 26September 8, 2021 9:30 PM

Who's Gregg?

by Anonymousreply 27September 10, 2021 10:53 PM

[quote] I blocked Greg a couple of days ago, so I know OP isn't him. DL is so much better now!

I'm happy for R11. Anyone else should feel just as free to block me. But I'm still here and am about to post something that will bring the house down tonight.

by Anonymousreply 28September 10, 2021 11:02 PM

[quote] Who's Gregg?

Some asshole who likes to pretend to be me and who thinks he's funny. But he's certainly not.

by Anonymousreply 29September 10, 2021 11:02 PM

Nope. Sorry, Greg, but I have no desire to claim to be your sorry pearl-clutching self. I'm just Gregg (who likes hot dogs) - who actually tried to distinguish myself from you in R20 by pointing out that, clearly, double-g Greggs are superior to single-g Gregs.

by Anonymousreply 30September 11, 2021 1:36 AM

I’m having a soirée for a select few tonight where I will be having a garden fresh corn bar featuring a margerine fountain to dip the corn in. So genteel!

by Anonymousreply 31September 11, 2021 1:55 AM

[quote] Nope. Sorry, Greg, but I have no desire to claim to be your sorry pearl-clutching self. I'm just Gregg (who likes hot dogs) - who actually tried to distinguish myself from you in [R20] by pointing out that, clearly, double-g Greggs are superior to single-g Gregs.

Okay, superior double-g Gregg who likes hot dogs and does not clutch pearls, I like hot dogs, too. I read somewhere that Greggs often struggle with feelings of inferiority. I hope this doesn't include you.

by Anonymousreply 32September 11, 2021 3:12 AM

[quote] Your going to summon him like Betelguese if you keep saying his name....And then he's going to come in here and tell us how we're all ridiculous children and how he is right and we are wrong etc. etc. etc. narcissism.

Not everyone is a ridiculous child. You might be? And '[bold] we [/bold] are wrong?' You make me laugh. I may be a narcissist but that doesn't mean you don't have a persecution &/or inferiority complex.

by Anonymousreply 33September 11, 2021 3:36 AM

Tonight I made Lobster Thermidor. A creamy and decadent lobster dish with white wine, mushrooms and splash of cognac.

by Anonymousreply 34September 11, 2021 10:00 AM

^^^ ..... and then the kitchen flooded.

by Anonymousreply 35September 11, 2021 10:32 AM

I hear if you use Lobster caught in the waters near the Fukushima plant in Japan, it acquires an extra tang.

by Anonymousreply 36September 11, 2021 9:03 PM

[quote] Tonight I made Lobster Thermidor. A creamy and decadent lobster dish with white wine, mushrooms and splash of cognac.

That sounds good, Gregg with two gs. It reminds me of Lobster Savannah, the signature dish of the former Locke-Ober restaurant in Boston.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37September 11, 2021 9:56 PM

Sometimes the ideal dinner is hard to put together. End of day exhaustion often pushes me over the edge ... and over to the nearest drive-thru window!

But seriously, there are some really quick and easy recipes out there to help you get a delicious dinner meal on the table in no time!

by Anonymousreply 38September 12, 2021 8:58 AM

Lobster is simply not worth the trouble...neither is crab.

by Anonymousreply 39September 12, 2021 9:05 AM

Lobster is very easy to cook and so is crab and it is definitely worth it.

by Anonymousreply 40September 12, 2021 1:04 PM

Tonight was coconut shrimp, soy roasted broccoli tossed in sesame oil and coconut rice with scallions. Two sauces. a scrumptious peanut sauce and my green curry peach-mango dipping sauce!

by Anonymousreply 41September 13, 2021 4:15 AM

Last night I made:

Pork Francese Spinach Egg Noodles English Peas

Gregg, I adore peanut sauce. How do you make yours? I made some recently when I made Rama Garden, but it was just a touch sweet for my liking.

by Anonymousreply 42September 13, 2021 1:22 PM

😝 Even I have never been that hungry in my entire life, OP.

by Anonymousreply 43September 13, 2021 1:35 PM

[quote] Even I have never been that hungry in my entire life, OP.

Just goes to show, even orphaned Darfuri can be cunts.

by Anonymousreply 44September 13, 2021 3:52 PM

For tonight I am thinking veal chops with morels, wilted lettuce and oysters - with a garlic-parmesan sauce. I tend to use vin jaune, a semisweet wine from the Jura region of France, to enliven the creamy morel ragù for this elegant veal and oyster dish ... although Marsala is a mighty fine substitute.

by Anonymousreply 45September 13, 2021 9:34 PM

R45 - you just gave away your rather common upbringing Gregg (avec deux "g"). Marsala is a mighty fine wine for the upper middle class yoga frauen. Oh well....honey, move to Calabasas and cook for the Kardashians. They won't know the difference...

by Anonymousreply 46September 13, 2021 9:43 PM

I already live in Calabasas - and wouldn't let those guttersnipes anywhere near my table!

by Anonymousreply 47September 13, 2021 9:48 PM

Lock Ober's! My family used to go there sometimes. It was a great old place.

by Anonymousreply 48September 13, 2021 9:50 PM

R47 - sure you wouldn't Gregg...no matter how well they paid you.

by Anonymousreply 49September 13, 2021 11:22 PM

First off, not a professional chef.

Poor single-g Greg. So threatened.

by Anonymousreply 50September 13, 2021 11:42 PM

[quote] Poor single-g Greg. So threatened.

Threatened? I think not!

What on earth would I feel threatened by? Your flirtatious banter? Your love of Marsala? Your superfluous 'g'?

by Anonymousreply 51September 14, 2021 1:23 PM

[quote] Lock Ober's! My family used to go there sometimes. It was a great old place.

Locke-Ober was a unique place. Too bad it's gone.

by Anonymousreply 52September 14, 2021 1:29 PM

I'll be getting this new subscription service.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 15, 2021 6:52 AM

R53 - well, if you are a bottom, you kill 2 birds with one stone. Saves on douching by provoking incessant explosive diarrhea and on food so go for it.

by Anonymousreply 54September 15, 2021 10:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!