Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

LA comedians overdose from fentanyl laced cocaine

I did a search and haven't seen anything.

Fuquan Johnson dead, Kate Quigley hospitalized

It always fascinates me how popular coke use is in LA. RIP. Street drugs are very dangerous now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 20, 2022 8:07 AM

It’s Russian roulette to do any street drug including pills bought on street!

by Anonymousreply 1September 5, 2021 4:18 PM

Fuquan?

by Anonymousreply 2September 5, 2021 4:18 PM

"My name's Bennett and I ain't in it!"

by Anonymousreply 3September 5, 2021 4:19 PM

Social service clinics offer testing kits and users need to roll that step into the protocol.

It's either that, or watch your lab rat friend for 20 minutes before joining the party.

by Anonymousreply 4September 5, 2021 4:30 PM

My condolences to their family and friends. But never heard of them.

by Anonymousreply 5September 5, 2021 4:33 PM

[quote]"My name's Bennett and I ain't in it!"

That's essentially his team's response to TMZ!

by Anonymousreply 6September 5, 2021 4:40 PM

This happened to a friend of mine but he lived.

by Anonymousreply 7September 5, 2021 4:40 PM

Now our cocaine isn't even safe!? Jesus, 2021.

by Anonymousreply 8September 5, 2021 4:45 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 5, 2021 5:09 PM

Thinning the herd.

by Anonymousreply 10September 5, 2021 5:59 PM

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Blind Item #12

One thing the stand up comic did not discuss in her interview which will air this week, is the celebrity offspring she partied with on a regular basis and could have also ended up dead. She was barred from bringing up his name for "security reasons,"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 19, 2022 4:46 AM

Why is Kate Quigley getting an interview and with what outlet? She’s *not* famous. I am however happy for her since it sounds like she had a very close call. I hope she’s stopped doing coke!

by Anonymousreply 12May 19, 2022 4:58 AM

I don't understand why drug cartels and dealers would do this. It only makes people scared to buy drugs.

by Anonymousreply 13May 19, 2022 5:03 AM

She lurve BBC!

by Anonymousreply 14May 19, 2022 5:08 AM

R13, fentanyl is way cheaper than coke so dealers make more money when they cut with fentanyl. However, to your point, that logic breaks down when their customers die and the fuzz gets very eager to track down the suppliers.

by Anonymousreply 15May 19, 2022 5:21 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 19, 2022 5:41 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 19, 2022 5:44 AM

A very well-liked NYC showbiz type OD'd month after these two in the same manner.

Everyone is pretending her cause of death was unknown, or natural causes, but about a month ago word got out it was fentanyl-laced cocaine. Such a damned shame.

by Anonymousreply 18May 19, 2022 5:56 AM

Maybe I'm a fuddy duddy, but isn't it a little old to be partying with coke in your 30s and 40s? Or is it standard in the southern California entertainment industry?

by Anonymousreply 19May 19, 2022 6:02 AM

[quote]I don't understand why drug cartels and dealers would do this. It only makes people scared to buy drugs.

[quote][R13], fentanyl is way cheaper than coke so dealers make more money when they cut with fentanyl. However, to your point, that logic breaks down when their customers die and the fuzz gets very eager to track down the suppliers.

I think it's far more likely that it's cross contamination, rather than deliberate. Some dealers sell both, and fentanyl is so strong that only a few grains can kill. What would be the point of adding a downer (fentanyl) to ab upper (cocaine).

by Anonymousreply 20May 19, 2022 6:14 AM

Why cut cocaine with fentanyl when they can cut it with non-lethal shit. When I was a teen, it was baby laxative mannitol.

by Anonymousreply 21May 19, 2022 6:20 AM

Would someone more knowledgeable explain to me why it's claimed by law enforcement that fentanyl kills just by touching it? I mean tons of people are taking it and I doubt they're all wearing hazmat suits when they do take it, so why are prosecutors allowed to make that part of the charge when it's not true?

by Anonymousreply 22May 19, 2022 6:38 AM

It’s said that it can be absorbed through the skin and the airborne powder can be inhaled R22.

by Anonymousreply 23May 19, 2022 6:43 AM

Can it be absorbed through cuts, abrasions, or skin irritations? One of the West Point cadets who ODed in Florida wasn't using, but ODed after administering mouth to mouth resuscitation.

by Anonymousreply 24May 19, 2022 6:45 AM

No Fuquan way!

by Anonymousreply 25May 19, 2022 7:26 AM

R18 more details please!

by Anonymousreply 26May 19, 2022 9:00 AM

[quote]I think it's far more likely that it's cross contamination, rather than deliberate.

I think it's very possible but -- and this will be a tinfoil hat moment for some of you, sorry -- I also think the government messes with street drugs as part of the still-ongoing but mostly unofficial War On Drugs. There are also probably cartels and gangs who sabotage the stash of their competitors.

by Anonymousreply 27May 19, 2022 9:06 AM

She said the red table was more harrowing than the fentanyl

by Anonymousreply 28May 19, 2022 9:10 AM

Cutting cocaine with fentanyl just doesn't make any sense. If you take cocaine you want to get kicked in the ass, run around, chat away, have sex or whatever but the last you want is a stupid unproductive nod. So I agree with R20 and suspect accidental contamination.

by Anonymousreply 29May 19, 2022 9:20 AM

If you are doing cocaine after age 35, you're pretty much putting your life on the line with each snort, fentanyl or no.

The heart isn't so forgiving after a certain point.

by Anonymousreply 30May 19, 2022 9:25 AM

Yeah, if a customer is seeking fentanyl in meth or crack, they are at a level past health concerns.

The old guys in Gary called it “Doing Dukes and Blows”. The crack keeps them conscience for the fentanyl.

by Anonymousreply 31May 20, 2022 3:40 AM

Wow at r31. That’s really grim.

by Anonymousreply 32May 20, 2022 3:42 AM

R15 LOL the fuzz. Haven't heard that term is decades.

by Anonymousreply 33May 20, 2022 3:45 AM

Bummer, man, Linc laid a bad trip on us! Maybe the man put him up to it! It’s a set up by the fuzz, dig?

by Anonymousreply 34May 20, 2022 6:03 AM

[quote]Yeah, if a customer is seeking fentanyl

What?!?!

by Anonymousreply 35May 20, 2022 6:55 AM

I'm kind of surprised cocaine is still a big thing, especially in LA... seems kind of old-school at this point. You'd think everyone would be on to some new drug by now.

by Anonymousreply 36May 20, 2022 7:50 AM

I'm glad school scared the hell out of me when it came to hard drugs. Never tried coke, heroin, any of that crap. I guess it must make you feel good, but don't most people end up having a problem with them? Kind of always wondered what's going on in the mind of a person who's going to try something like meth for the 1st time-no one's ever been a better, smarter, happier person for doing it (and we've all seen pictures of what it does to people very quickly), yet people must try it all the time. And I've worked with enough cokeheads to know that they're ALL assholes (hyper, aggressive, won't shut the fuck up) but it must have some euphoric effects, but does that make up for the coming-off period, or the addiction?

by Anonymousreply 37May 20, 2022 8:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!