Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

It's amazing what crypto is doing for people

Millions of people are now participating in another economy, another money system, to great success and a more nuanced understanding of finance, wealth, and economics. It is allowing people to earn passive incomes, and to see that they have an alternative money system that they can participate in, one that is deflationary and rising in value through its utility. Many people who were unbanked are now their own banks through as they trade, transmit, and hodl crypto. We predict that cryptocurrencies will become mainstream and "fully" adopted over the next decades.

Crypto is not just a new form of money, but it is a new way of thinking about money. Just the concept of cryptocurrency is fascinating to an interested mind. I just can't believe more people haven't realized the power of cryptocurrencies and what they can do for them. Hopefully people will "cop on" soon.

by Anonymousreply 56November 25, 2021 2:28 AM

Where's the link to your sales site?

by Anonymousreply 1September 4, 2021 9:15 PM

Yep, holiday weekend. Muriel absent. Trolls and con artists have free reign on DL.

by Anonymousreply 2September 4, 2021 9:17 PM

LOL, R2. I'm not a con artist. Just an excited end user. 😊

by Anonymousreply 3September 4, 2021 9:24 PM

Why isn't everyone talking about the great land sales in upstate Florida?!

by Anonymousreply 4September 4, 2021 9:25 PM

Crypto is simply the tulip bulb of the new millennium.

by Anonymousreply 5September 4, 2021 9:29 PM

I'm retired and old. I'm not interested in more money; I have enough.

by Anonymousreply 6September 4, 2021 9:30 PM

R6 - How old? Are you in good health? Single?

by Anonymousreply 7September 4, 2021 9:33 PM

R6, I can understand your mentality. You're old/older. I'm 33 years old, and I think crypto is mostly used by people under 50. I would still encourage older people to get into crypto as well. It's never too late to learn something new or improve your knowledge and understanding. We should run towards the things we don't understand, not away from them.

by Anonymousreply 8September 4, 2021 9:33 PM

I don't understand how a tornado works. Let me run towards one to find out.

by Anonymousreply 9September 4, 2021 9:34 PM

This is my crazy ass niece’s new venture, following unsuccessful forays with Lularoe and DoTerra.

by Anonymousreply 10September 4, 2021 9:44 PM

I've bought about $10K of various crypto currencies over the last three years, and now they're worth around $50K.

And I'm old. Really old.

by Anonymousreply 11September 4, 2021 9:46 PM

See, that's amazing R11. I love your approach and that you are a fellow crypto investor. Awesome!

by Anonymousreply 12September 4, 2021 9:51 PM

It's appalling what crypto is doing TO people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 4, 2021 9:53 PM

"Crypto is not just a new form of money, but it is a new way of thinking about money."

No, it's just a new form of money. And like "regular" money, fortunes will be made and lost.

by Anonymousreply 14September 4, 2021 9:57 PM

You climate hippies never cease to amaze me. Cryptocurrency is not a threat to the environment. The excessive energy problem will likely be addressed when Bitcoin switches over to proof of stake (from proof of work). Up and coming cryptos like Solana (and to a lesser degree Ethereum), are pioneering blockchains that use less energy and have faster transactions (with lower gas fees).

by Anonymousreply 15September 4, 2021 9:59 PM

A fool and his crypto are soon parted.

by Anonymousreply 16September 4, 2021 10:04 PM

I put all my savings into Dogecoin.

I love a currency that is based on a meme joke.

by Anonymousreply 17September 5, 2021 12:38 AM

I’m 67 and have traded cryptos since they came on the market. They’ve outpaced every other of my investments including real estate. Just don’t be greedy.

by Anonymousreply 18September 5, 2021 1:22 AM

CON !!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 19September 5, 2021 1:26 AM

Recent Bitcoin convert.

It's great to have an asset class that regular people can participate in its growth stage. Unlike IPOs and other asset classes where the institutions can't control it and get first and most of the profit growth before the little people can join in

by Anonymousreply 20September 5, 2021 1:40 AM

You're stupid R20

Central banks will never let this happen.

by Anonymousreply 21September 5, 2021 1:42 AM

Still waiting for the release of bitcoin completely based on Ivermectin sales. At that point the collapse of American civilization will be complete.

by Anonymousreply 22September 5, 2021 1:43 AM

Crypto's been around for over a decade and Central Banks have not tried or been able to shut them down. What are they waiting for?

China outlawed crypto miners earlier this year and that hasn't slowed crypto;s growth since then

by Anonymousreply 23September 5, 2021 2:26 AM

Many people will make money off crypto - just as they did with the tulips and junk bonds.

But, the last people to buy will be the ones who lose the most after idiots and fools listen to people like OP who are engaging in the worst form of pump-and-dump.

by Anonymousreply 24September 5, 2021 2:43 AM

You mean there's a bad form of pump and dump? I'll have to reevaluate the last 20 years now.

by Anonymousreply 25September 5, 2021 2:44 AM

Troll-dar reveals that OP is the same one who announced Pete Buttigieg is a "white mediocrity," and who also told us on that thread he has converted all his savings into cryptocurrency.

He has a very vested interest in promoting crypto-.

by Anonymousreply 26September 5, 2021 2:47 AM

R23, that tends to support the argument that cryptocurrencies aren’t actually used as currencies. Banks aren’t threatened by them.

by Anonymousreply 27September 5, 2021 2:53 AM

Exactly R18. Exactly

by Anonymousreply 28September 5, 2021 4:18 AM

R26, I am SELF PUBLISHING. Why would I wait around for a publishing company? This is not 1960.

They will come begging to publish me later.

by Anonymousreply 29September 5, 2021 4:21 AM

When Yugo?

by Anonymousreply 30September 5, 2021 7:48 AM

If a currency's value is based solely on its utility as a speculative tool, isn't the fundamental utility of that currency, trading money for goods and services, diminished?

Who will use bitcoin to buy a pizza when that $20 worth of bitcoin might be worth $30 in a week? Years later, that $20 would be worth thousands. Many people were burned, early on, doing just that.

Right now, it seems only like a magic box to put money into and turn it into more money. There may be a limited supply of any individual cryptocurrency, but can't there be an infinite number of currencies. Is there some fundamental algorithm that governs all cryptos and prevents this? There is no inherent value in what is essentially a long math problem, which is what cryptos are.

Too much money chasing too few goods and services leads to a devaluing of that money, which we experience as inflation. We're not using cryptos to purchase many actual goods and services, yet, but when we start using them as replacements for traditional currencies, we should expect that $20 pizza become a $60 pizza. When everyone is a bitcoin billionaire, things will obviously cost more. Mathematically, everyone can't have everything, or everyone stops working.

Bartering is the only honest economy. Everything else ends up being some kind of speculative shell game because we are greedy, anxious creatures--or there are, at least, enough greedy, anxious creatures out there that the rest of us have to cover our asses. Those of us who are cautious will eventually (as people did with the stock market when interest rates dropped and savings accounts become useless investment tools) have to play the game, one way or another.

It is said that gold's intrinsic universal value are what made it a good tool to back currency. With cryptos, I think we are relying on the intrinsic value of greed as the new standard that backs our currency. If that's true, there is certainly an endless supply!

by Anonymousreply 31September 5, 2021 4:36 PM

Cryptocurrency is the new Amway.

by Anonymousreply 32September 5, 2021 4:49 PM

OP please, for your own sake, don’t waste all of your money chasing crypto. The government is not going to support you forever you know.

by Anonymousreply 33September 5, 2021 4:59 PM

Phony money. Fueled by greed and FOMO! It will all come crashing down eventually.

by Anonymousreply 34September 5, 2021 5:56 PM

Crypto may very well be dead in 10 years, for all we know. But for now, let's ride the wave! Get while the getting is good and like R18 said, dont get (too) greedy.

Its about time the people wise up and get something for themselves. Arent we tired of being raped by the 1%?

by Anonymousreply 35September 5, 2021 6:11 PM

Crypto troll sounds suspiciously like that troll Greg. Is there some troll school that makes them all sound the same? The same "oh thank you" when someone responds to them.

by Anonymousreply 36September 5, 2021 6:21 PM

I find it intriguing...but something tells me this whole thing is one big scam.

by Anonymousreply 37September 5, 2021 7:11 PM

This reads like one of those spam comments under literally every crypto YouTube video ever. Not all cryptos are created equal. Many are shitcoins. Few provide legitimate utility (i.e. Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cardano, VeChain, etc).

by Anonymousreply 38September 12, 2021 2:26 AM

[quote] I am SELF PUBLISHING. Why would I wait around for a publishing company? This is not 1960. They will come begging to publish me later.

The puny insects!

by Anonymousreply 39September 12, 2021 2:32 AM

r31 The term "cryptocurrency" is a misnomer of sorts considering that not all cryptocurrency is meant to be used as actual currency, but instead a blockchain tool for a specific purpose. That's the case with VeChain. Its main utility is to be adopted by enterprises as a supply chain management tool to combat counterfeit goods, lost supply, and a more efficient way to track goods. That's where the investment into certain currency shows potential for the most growth and returns. There are many ways to utilize blockchain technology. Not just as a way to exchange funds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40September 12, 2021 2:33 AM

SOL and SHIB rising this week. Solanax is an up-and-coming decentralized exchange that is built on the Solana network (and endorsed by Solana) has also been performing extremely well. It can be bought on ExMarkets exchange very easily and staked to earn more Solanax. It is up 60% today to $0.30.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 18, 2021 8:38 PM

It's only rising because you are pumping it.

by Anonymousreply 42September 18, 2021 8:42 PM

Fucking morons.

Most people in "crypto" will lose everything. Elon will be fine.

by Anonymousreply 43September 18, 2021 8:44 PM

^ people who are smart about it and do their "due diligence" and invest in good projects will do very, very well in crypto

by Anonymousreply 44September 18, 2021 8:55 PM

[quote] do their "due diligence" and invest in good projects will do very, very well in crypto

The disclaimer of every shill. "It's not my fault you lost money, even though you did what I said, you didn't do your due diligence."

by Anonymousreply 45September 18, 2021 9:01 PM

Due diligence, the cheap hustler's refuge.

by Anonymousreply 46September 18, 2021 9:17 PM

by Anonymousreply 47November 24, 2021 11:43 PM

It's the decentralized aspect that causes the most fuss with traditional money and government orgs. If you think the extremely wealthy aren't also scooping up crypto, you're kinda delusional. The government would love to centralize crypto as a monetary option, but that's not happening anytime soon. Ride the wave!

by Anonymousreply 48November 24, 2021 11:58 PM

Ok, OP, if this pursuit is as worthwhile as you say, what sound advice do you have for the newcomers? Can you provide any useful information that isn’t featured on website guides, especially in light of governmental regulations attempting to curtail this type of investment? How about names you trust or books to recommend?

by Anonymousreply 49November 25, 2021 12:03 AM

Which government could centralize global digital assets like crypto? Not only will none of them be able to do it anytime soon, other than regulating the hell out of it, they'll never be able to completely control it.

by Anonymousreply 50November 25, 2021 12:07 AM

"Phony money. Fueled by greed and FOMO! It will all come crashing down eventually. "

I don't own any, but can't all investments come crashing down eventually? And then go back up and then crash again? The very reason it's always stressed that people diversify - so you have something left if something crashes.

by Anonymousreply 51November 25, 2021 12:11 AM

It's amazing what a Ponzi Scheme is doing for people.

Fixed for OP.

by Anonymousreply 52November 25, 2021 12:28 AM

R51, two points: First, prices for most assets go up and down but true "crashes" are, or should be, rare. A crash is a sign something is really wrong with a market. Second, the anxiety people have is that many crypto investors seem to invest in crypto exclusively. They are taking on a huge amount of risk with an "asset" that doesn't seem to do anything.

by Anonymousreply 53November 25, 2021 12:31 AM

How can one mine crypto? Details, please. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 54November 25, 2021 12:35 AM

It's a HUSTLE guys. Which is especially apparent when Elon Musk (Grandmaster of Scams) is one of it's most vocal proponents. It's really just a way for the ultra rich to launder money away from daddy government. Then they can actually get even richer by starting up and managing their own currencies, while taking you and your money for a ride. Seriously Brian Singer's friends/fellow molesters created Tether, and reading about it melts your brain when you try to comprehend about how they are getting away with this and making a fucking killing.

by Anonymousreply 55November 25, 2021 12:56 AM

I think R55 is right. That said, it's not that you can't make money - people have and will. But, just be aware of the risk and of course don't hold it for too long. It's on an upswing so it's lauded. But eventually there will be a negative event.

by Anonymousreply 56November 25, 2021 2:28 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!