Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Did Troy Donahue ever engage in the homosex?

He was a very handsome man.

And why would someone so good looking, turn into a drinking and drug addict?

The guy could have had the world in his hands.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 4, 2021 7:05 AM

Troy Donahue, I know what you wanna do…

by Anonymousreply 1September 3, 2021 10:56 AM

Great hair. Great face.

Simply gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 3, 2021 11:05 AM

R1 That's literally my only reference for him. I always assumed that name was just meant to be understood as some generic fictional Tab Hunter type.

Why would he become an addict as a young, beautiful person? Are you familiar at all with the history of Hollywood and the music industry? Addiction is a physiological disease as much as it is psychological; it doesn't just attack ugly people. Before Judy Garland and to this day, entertainers tend to be more loaded up with stimulants and depressants than the average Joe and Jane. The pressure of being an entertainer literally kills people, often through the stress driving them to self-medication. I mean...cmon.

by Anonymousreply 3September 3, 2021 11:06 AM

[quote] He was a very handsome man

For two months.

Then he became pudgy, and then he turned into a pudding. And after that he could only radiate a dim amount of sex appeal— equally as dim as Van Johnson.

by Anonymousreply 4September 3, 2021 11:19 AM

I mean, his agent coming up was Henry Willson, so obviously yes, even if he's not gay?

by Anonymousreply 5September 3, 2021 11:40 AM

The real reason he slapped me down in Imitation of Life was because he could never get it up, and I was HOT!

by Anonymousreply 6September 3, 2021 11:54 AM

Why did Suzanne Pleshette divorce him after only nine months?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 3, 2021 3:38 PM

I didn't realize he died only nine days before 9/11.

by Anonymousreply 8September 3, 2021 3:40 PM

All-American boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 3, 2021 3:42 PM

🤦🏻‍♂️ yeah OP no other reasons could possibly exist for developing addictions.

by Anonymousreply 10September 3, 2021 3:44 PM

I love this:

[quote] Donahue was struggling to make his way in a changing Hollywood. As he said later, "If you're the boy next door and you're supposed to be squeaky clean, all you had to do was let your sideburns grow and suddenly you were a hippie." Donahue says when he met casting directors they would ask "Why don't you comb your hair? How come you have grown a moustache? What are you doing with a beard?"

[quote] He also thinks his career was hurt by the fact he was an anti-Vietnam War Democrat while "everybody assumed I was a Republican".

He sounds like a good guy.

Interesting part about his alcohol addiction:

[quote] Donahue later admitted that he began abusing drugs and alcohol at the peak of his career and increased use after his career began to wane:

[quote] I was loaded all the time... I'd wake up about 6:30 in the morning, take three aspirins mixed with codeine, slug down half a pint of vodka and then do four lines of cocaine. That was just so I could get the front door open to peek out and see if I could face the day... I would lie, steal and cheat, all those wonderful things that drunks do. I was crafty. Nobody knew how much I drank then. If a bottle was out on the counter, I'd take a swig when I passed it and quickly put it back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 3, 2021 3:46 PM

How you doin'?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 3, 2021 3:48 PM

" Tiny cock. Great cocksucker."... Rock Hudson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 3, 2021 3:51 PM

[Quote] Why would he become an addict as a young, beautiful person? Are you familiar at all with the history of Hollywood and the music industry? Addiction is a physiological disease as much as it is psychological

That's the current wisdom. I am of the school that the pressure on stars is so incredible that many turn to drugs to cope or just to keep up. And before they know it they are addicted.

by Anonymousreply 14September 3, 2021 5:13 PM

Troy Donahue, born Merle Johnson Jr.; married four times all lasting approximately two years except for his first marriage to Suzanne Pleshette which lasted nine months. Died of a heart attack in 2001 at 65 year old.

Donahue declared bankruptcy in 1968 and eventually lost his home.[26] "I was living like a movie star but wasn't being paid like one", he says. "I lived way over my head and got into great trouble and lost everything. I went from a beautiful home, garden, swimming pool to living in shabby apartments."

Donahue later admitted that he began abusing drugs and alcohol at the peak of his career and increased use after his career began to wane.

He continued working in television and film until 2000.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 3, 2021 6:29 PM

Are you autistic, deaf, or blind, R15?

by Anonymousreply 16September 3, 2021 6:41 PM

His character name in The Godfather Part II was Merle.

by Anonymousreply 17September 3, 2021 7:52 PM

R3 Literally

by Anonymousreply 18September 3, 2021 7:54 PM

I love this color on Suzy...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 3, 2021 7:56 PM

I had a boyhood crush on him. I guess that was very gayling of me.

by Anonymousreply 20September 4, 2021 1:51 AM

He had that look rock Hudson is reported to have liked. I wonder if he put the moves on him during “tarnished angels”

by Anonymousreply 21September 4, 2021 3:50 AM

He grew up in the next town over to my hometown at 407 Middle Road (a black and white photo at the link, not the photo you see here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 4, 2021 4:24 AM

I believe in the book on Henry Willson there is a statement where Troy says he "got into a pile at Henry's", pgs. 343-34.

by Anonymousreply 23September 4, 2021 4:30 AM

'Got into a pile' is a vague expression.

Is it slang?

Englishmen refer to a 'pile' when they're talking about carpets and the fleece of sheep.

by Anonymousreply 24September 4, 2021 4:44 AM

R21 read R13. "Tiny cock. Great cocksucker." That is an actual quote from Hudson on Donahue. Per his friend Tom Clark.

by Anonymousreply 25September 4, 2021 4:55 AM

R23 Yes. He was at an all male party at Henry Willson's where most if not all of the men were gay and Troy finally let his hair down and joined them in some sexual hijinks. He sounded good natured - and possibly bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 26September 4, 2021 4:59 AM

He definitely had cocksucking lips.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 4, 2021 5:02 AM

I never got a gay vibe, just very pretty for a guy, but still masculine. Tab Hunter def gave off gay vibes. Loved Troy in A Summer Place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 4, 2021 5:17 AM

^ Please! There's no comparison between the two!

by Anonymousreply 29September 4, 2021 5:26 AM

Yes, they are so different. They look nothing alike. No comparison whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 30September 4, 2021 5:31 AM

Yes. Every Thursday.

by Anonymousreply 31September 4, 2021 5:32 AM

I mean he did invite the whole cast of Steel Magnolias to his show- that's something of a clue

by Anonymousreply 32September 4, 2021 5:59 AM

[Quote] Then he became pudgy, and then he turned into a pudding. And after that he could only radiate a dim amount of sex appeal— equally as dim as Van Johnson.

I have to say the jaded youthful beauty gone to middle aged seed appeals to be greatly. I'd have been happy if an older Van Johnson with some spread had spread for me.

by Anonymousreply 33September 4, 2021 7:05 AM

I ate more pussy then my groom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 4, 2021 7:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!