Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rory Kennedy opinion piece in the NY Times: Don't parole Sirhan Sirhan, my father's assassin

She talks a great deal about what "my uncle Teddy" said, and says his parole recommendation should be rejected "for my family."

Not a word that two of her brothers want him paroled--or why she should get to speak "for my family" rather than RFK's actually namesake, RFK Jr. Now what her father likely would have said himself about paroling Sirhan Sirhan. And why in fact should any Kennedy get the right to determine the fate of a criminal in the criminal justice system? Other children of murder victims do not.

I hate the Kennedy arrogance. They still really believe deep-down they are royalty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 14, 2022 5:41 AM

Personally I don't think Sirhan killed Kennedy but he tried as best he could wounding Kennedy and several civilians. The fatal wound was behind the right ear while Sirhan was to the front meaning Kennedy took an accidental hit from his LAPD bodyguard who stood behind and slightly to the right. They both had .22 LR pistols and the guard's weapon shortly after disappeared..

No evil conspiracy, just bad luck. As a death occurred in the commission of a felony Sirhan was liable for maximum penalty even he didn't get the kill. At least until Rose Byrd took it on herself to rewrite California law and eliminate the death penalty. Either way SIrhan should have gotten the gas chamber DECADES ago.

by Anonymousreply 1September 2, 2021 7:31 PM

Funny how the Kennedys are so outspoken about criminal justice reform, except when it comes to their own unfortunate family of drunks, rapists, pill-poppers, and bullet magnets.

by Anonymousreply 2September 2, 2021 7:32 PM

Isn't RFK Jr. the crazy anti-vaxxer?

by Anonymousreply 3September 2, 2021 7:36 PM

[quote] And why in fact should any Kennedy get the right to determine the fate of a criminal in the criminal justice system? Other children of murder victims do not.

She's not determining his fate. She's putting in her two cents, like plenty of victims' family members do at parole hearings and the rest of the process. Happens every day.

by Anonymousreply 4September 2, 2021 7:38 PM

[quote]Not a word that two of her brothers want him paroled--or why she should get to speak "for my family" rather than RFK's actually namesake, RFK Jr.

Not in full editorials, but we've already heard about what they think. RFK, Jr. supports release, Joe III doesn't, etc.

[quote]And why in fact should any Kennedy get the right to determine the fate of a criminal in the criminal justice system? Other children of murder victims do not.

I think it's pretty common for victims/their families to speak before the parole board and have their opinion taken into account...

by Anonymousreply 5September 2, 2021 7:41 PM

R5 Let's hear from the family of Mary Jo Kopechne. She's the poor broad who drowned in Ted Kennedy's car after he drunkenly crashed and left her to die. Let's hear from the Bessette family. They lost two daughters when that cokehead John-John crashed his toy plane into the ocean.

by Anonymousreply 6September 2, 2021 7:45 PM

Carolyn crashed that plane. She bitched and nagged to get there under the flight time wire knowing her useless fool husband wasn’t competent to fly even a paper airplane. Suicide.

by Anonymousreply 7September 2, 2021 7:55 PM

Oh yes, John-John's incompetence as a pilot was entirely his wife's fault. He has no responsibility for their deaths.

by Anonymousreply 8September 2, 2021 7:59 PM

[quote]And why in fact should any Kennedy get the right to determine the fate of a criminal in the criminal justice system? Other children of murder victims do not.

Courts regularly listen to “victim impact statements” during sentencing and parole hearings.

by Anonymousreply 9September 2, 2021 8:00 PM

[quote] Not in full editorials, but we've already heard about what they think. RFK, Jr. supports release, Joe III doesn't, etc.

RFK Jr. did not arrogantly claim to speak "for my family" the way Rory has.

by Anonymousreply 10September 2, 2021 8:01 PM

Is it Robert Kennedy Jr. who wants him released? He's a crazy anti-vaxer (all vax's not just covid.)

He's married to Cheryl Hines of Curb Your Enthusiasm which filmed a new season. I wonder if she is vaxed.

(although their are rumors they are separated.)

by Anonymousreply 11September 2, 2021 8:01 PM

^^^Good, I certainly hope they are separated!

by Anonymousreply 12September 2, 2021 8:10 PM

I met her in Cuba.

by Anonymousreply 13September 2, 2021 8:22 PM

No dice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 14, 2022 4:00 AM

Hate Rory Kennedy. Her stupid wedding was the reason JFK Jr was on the plane that killed him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 14, 2022 4:15 AM

[quote] Hate Rory Kennedy. Her stupid wedding was the reason JFK Jr was on the plane that killed him.

It wasn't her fault the plane went down, you silly twit. It was John John's incompetence that got him and his wife and sister in law killed. The PLANE didn't kill him, HE did.

by Anonymousreply 16January 14, 2022 4:19 AM

R16 =It was HER wedding. He didn't want to go. She wanted the FAMOUS Kennedy there so SHE could get publicity. It was a work day. HER fault....

by Anonymousreply 17January 14, 2022 4:30 AM

[quote] He didn't want to go. She wanted the FAMOUS Kennedy there so SHE could get publicity. It was a work day. HER fault....

How do you know "he didn't want to go", you nitwit. If he didn't want to go he wouldn't have gone. He crashed the plane. HIS fault...

by Anonymousreply 18January 14, 2022 4:47 AM

I'll give Rory a pass for this. I think she is the youngest of RFK's children and that Ethel was pregnant with Rory when RFK was murdered / assassinated. She never even got to meet or know her own father.

IMO, she has equal standing with RFK, Jr., and can state her opinion, too.

And, yes, this is normal, a victim impact statement.

by Anonymousreply 19January 14, 2022 5:12 AM

Rory pings hard

by Anonymousreply 20January 14, 2022 5:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!