Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Samsung Galaxy Fold

Goddamit, I swore I was DONE upgrading my phone. My Note 10 does EVERYTHING I need it to do and more. I'm not a world traveler or corporate mogul so the Note 10 is way more than I need to function. But I caved and ordered the Samsung Fold. Like a fucking Samsung meth head.

Does anyone on DL have one yet?

by Anonymousreply 52September 21, 2021 4:36 AM

Preordered, should arrive 9/9. I bought a temporary case for it, until I find one that I really, really like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 2, 2021 1:41 PM

Judging by the proportions of the case, it's not too weird, despite being skinnier and taller than most smartphones. I'm looking forward to it.

That said, I wish I could buy an Honor phone, but they aren't in the US.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 2, 2021 3:42 PM

Just got mine in the mail last night. I'll let you know.

by Anonymousreply 3September 3, 2021 9:24 AM

R3 what color? I ordered black b/c only black had 512 GB available. I would have gotten silver otherwise.

Did you preorder on Samsung's site? If so, what bonus did you get? If it was the $200 credit, how did you use it? I got the $200 and used $100 for 512 GB from 256 GB, and I haven't used the rest.

by Anonymousreply 4September 3, 2021 1:39 PM

I got Black b/c the other colors were back-ordered. I have T-mobile (from when I was working shitty jobs that didn't pay very well but kept it anyway cause it's cheap LOL) so I traded my Note 10 and put down 148. Didn't realize this fucker doesn't include an S-pen or charger. I kept shaking the box looking for something else to fall out. I saw a case with an S-pen and holder on the Samsung site for 100 bucks but I have an extra one laying around my house. Besides, that case has some terrible reviews.

by Anonymousreply 5September 3, 2021 2:14 PM

R5, don't use your S-pens on the inner screen. They're not made for it! The Z Fold S-pen has a spring in it, so it doesn't damage the more delicate bendable OLED.

by Anonymousreply 6September 3, 2021 2:20 PM

R5, actually correction - don't use the S-pen on either.

Definitely can't use any S-pen on the outer screen, and must use a Z Fold-specific S-pen for the inner

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 3, 2021 2:22 PM

Looks cool.

by Anonymousreply 8September 3, 2021 2:37 PM

Oh, shit thanks R7. Bastards, OF COURSE, their S-pen is 50 bucks!

by Anonymousreply 9September 3, 2021 4:15 PM

I think it’s a hit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 5, 2021 1:14 AM

What features are you drawn to in this phone, OP?

by Anonymousreply 11September 5, 2021 1:30 AM

[quote]What features are you drawn to in this phone, OP?

I like the way the fold line pixels deteriorate quickly so I'll need to upgrade to the next model when it arrives.

I have no inner life, so it's important to be a good consumer.

by Anonymousreply 12September 5, 2021 1:40 AM

R12 You came to the conclusion that I have no "Inner life" from a post about a phone? WOW, That 5-year drought and empty bed must FINALLY be getting to you.

by Anonymousreply 13September 5, 2021 9:37 AM

ANYWAY...

R11 I'm pretty fickle when it comes to electronics, so it's literally an "ooh, shiny" effect. I love the fold-out screen. I've been using Notes for quite a while now, and my ONLY problem was the size of the screen. While it was wide, it just wasn't wide enough for me to type, draw, etc. Also reading on it wasn't ideal. But this is like a phone that unfolds into a tablet. I'm not a camera freak, so I'm not concerned that photo quality isn't as good as the Note. I WISH I could give you this ten-dollar worded, scientific explanation, but it really boils down to I had my Note 10 for long enough, and I want something new--even though I don't really need it.

by Anonymousreply 14September 5, 2021 9:55 AM

I feel gipped by the S-pen situation. "Reducing our carbon footprint" my ass. None of us will be alive to see the benefits anyway.

by Anonymousreply 15September 6, 2021 11:19 AM

What case did everyone get? I'm waiting for the Spigen folding one, and the Spigen glass protector for the outer screen.

by Anonymousreply 16September 9, 2021 2:35 PM

This seems cool. Is this an update to that foldable phone with all the problems. I think that was bigger and not sure it was a Samsung.

by Anonymousreply 17September 9, 2021 2:40 PM

OP. ....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 9, 2021 3:09 PM

We had a Ford Galaxie in '60s, OP.

Just FYI

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 9, 2021 3:10 PM

Yes, I have had mine for about three weeks now. I pre-ordered.

It is a fantastic phone. Having that big screen open is great, and then when you fold it up, it's very compact. Best phone ever made so far.

by Anonymousreply 20September 9, 2021 3:12 PM

I have an old LG flip phone. It's great too.

by Anonymousreply 21September 9, 2021 3:25 PM

R20, what case did you buy, and did you buy a screen protector?

by Anonymousreply 22September 9, 2021 3:31 PM

Enjoy it in good health.

by Anonymousreply 23September 9, 2021 3:56 PM

How is the camera rated? Ok, very good, excellent? What’s your impression of the quality of your snaps, r20?

by Anonymousreply 24September 9, 2021 4:57 PM

R18...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 10, 2021 9:31 AM

Did yours come with a barcode IMEI etc. label on the back?

by Anonymousreply 26September 15, 2021 3:09 AM

Spigen needs to hurry up with the cases.

by Anonymousreply 27September 15, 2021 3:11 AM

Received it. I ordered an AmazonBasics USB-C to Lightening cord to really do a good job with the transfer. Coming today, same-day shipping.

I love it so far.

by Anonymousreply 28September 15, 2021 2:30 PM

As someone said, it's not made in China. "Made in Vietnam" on the bottom of the box.

by Anonymousreply 29September 15, 2021 2:42 PM

Did you get the Uber $50 benefit? I got a message saying they were all out.

by Anonymousreply 30September 15, 2021 2:44 PM

Guardian review today. They gave it 5 stars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 15, 2021 2:46 PM

So having a phone with a plastic screen that folds in half seems like a perfectly good idea to all of you? You might want to start thinking about which gimmick you'll be going after when it dies in a year.

by Anonymousreply 32September 15, 2021 2:51 PM

[quote]AmazonBasics USB-C to Lightening cord

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 33September 15, 2021 2:59 PM

LOL I totally missed that, R33. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 34September 15, 2021 3:04 PM

Did anyone else notice R12 saying "you don't know me!" to R11 before going on to prove R11's point in R13?

by Anonymousreply 35September 15, 2021 3:18 PM

I totally can't follow what you're saying, R35.

by Anonymousreply 36September 15, 2021 3:20 PM

[quote]So having a phone with a plastic screen that folds in half seems like a perfectly good idea to all of you? You might want to start thinking about which gimmick you'll be going after when it dies in a year.

Try prying that Jitterbug out of R32's hand.

by Anonymousreply 37September 15, 2021 3:36 PM

^^ Nah, I'll stick with my iPhone 10, but thanks. ^^

by Anonymousreply 38September 15, 2021 4:16 PM

What case did everyone get? I'm thinking of getting this one by VRS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39September 16, 2021 2:34 PM

R35 The FUCK are you on about, you silly bint?

by Anonymousreply 40September 17, 2021 9:56 AM

I’m going to hijack for a second, but is anyone considering trying T-Mobile’s Magenta Max and an upgrade to an iPhone 13? Any thoughts on their latest offer?

by Anonymousreply 41September 17, 2021 9:31 PM

R41

by Anonymousreply 42September 17, 2021 10:40 PM

The ONLY case I could find that would hold both the phone and S-pen is the one offered by Samsung (Imagine that!) for 79 FUCKING dollars and by all accounts, it's a piece of shit. I got a random case from Amazon because I like having pockets for my cards which the Samsung case doesn't have. I'm hoping that some Asian country will eventually copy the Samsung case and offer it for much cheaper.

by Anonymousreply 43September 18, 2021 9:53 AM

I'm buying the case for the S-pen but I'm going to use that VRS case with the stand for now. Bought the Watch 4 as well - it's on the way.

by Anonymousreply 44September 18, 2021 3:16 PM

Ugh I hate putting on screen protection film because, in the course of cleaning the screens before applying the film, I see any scratches I've managed to inflict before getting the film. But ultimately I don't see them in the day-to-day.

by Anonymousreply 45September 20, 2021 1:15 AM

Sorry but the trade in on my s21 ultra is way too low for a phone that is thicker, worse camera and worse battery life. I have a tablet.

by Anonymousreply 46September 20, 2021 1:32 AM

I want the Flip. Everyone's buying them now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 21, 2021 1:59 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48September 21, 2021 2:10 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49September 21, 2021 2:11 AM

Enjoy your little gadgets poor people! Did they mail them or did you have to head down to the check cashing/Cricket store to pick it up?

by Anonymousreply 50September 21, 2021 4:30 AM

I was told by a t-mobile customer service rep to not buy phones on amazon b/c there's no quality control (other than returning it). I was urged to buy straight from the manufacturer. It's worth considering as the last two Samsung phones I bought from amazon have the exact same glitches that impact texting (numbers appear instead of letters, screen goes black a the bottom, phone gets very hot and becomes so slow as to no be usable, battery running out in a very short time).

Just a recounting of my experience, in case anybody has any doubt about who to order your phone from.

by Anonymousreply 51September 21, 2021 4:32 AM

I switched from the iPhone 12 Pro Max. To the Fold. $1800, no trade-in, as I'm keeping the iPhone to use for gaming.

by Anonymousreply 52September 21, 2021 4:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!