Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Has Lady Colin Campbell blundered and lost YouTube viewers due to talking too much about US politics and Afghanistan?

At the time of posting the linked video has under 100,000 viewers and it got the number of viewings it has received at a much slower pace than usual . Those figures are low in comparison with her usual numbers. It seems to me that the more she started to talk about US politics, world affairs and specifically Afghanistan and the withdrawal the more her viewing figures for her YouTube videos have stagnated, slowed and fallen. Lots of angry and frustrated comments and questions from some viewers in the past week. I can't help but feel Lady Colin Campbell may have blundered and taken a misstep talking too much and giving too many opinions on non royal topics and it's alienated or even upset some viewers.

I could be wrong but it seems there has been a noticeable trend in recent weeks the more she talked about US politics.

Of course other factors may be at play and it could be a combination of factors but to me Afghanistan seemed a turning point and catalyst. It might also be that fatigue is setting in and interest is waning in Harry and Meghan as a topic of discussion with the public especially in terms of watch online video discussions about them. It could also in part be connected to the bank holiday weekend here in the UK but a sizeable amount of her viewers are global and not introduce the UK. She seems to have many American, Australian and Canadian viewers too. So I remain to be persuaded that could be a big part of the explanation.

If waning interest in the royal duo is a main driver of the fall then maybe Lady Colin Campbells YouTube channel has peaked until there's a dramatic gamechanger like a divorce?

I like Lady Colin Campbell and her videos, I don't agree with everything she says but I do find her engaging and entertaining. I hope her channel recovers and its just a storm in a teacup or a blip. Time will tell.

Also a few videos back there was an incident were her mobile phone kept on ringing or making notification noises. She ended up standing up and removing the phone and silencing it but she or someone off cameras, it was hard to tell muttered for fucks sake! It definitely jarred with her image and may have surprised some viewers . I was shocked it wasn't caught and edited out. That may have upset some viewers but I doubt in significant enough numbers to cause a major fall in numbers but maybe. I think she may have either peaked and or blundered and offended a chunk of viewers by getting too much into politics especially americans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68September 27, 2021 12:32 AM

Once Harry and Meghan started selling themselves as geopolitical experts who have important opinions on Afghanistan, it was just inevitable she would try to pretend she was too.

She hates them, but at some level she also wants to BE them.

by Anonymousreply 1September 1, 2021 4:22 AM

Sorry but don't all the Megbots claim that everyone only hates Smugs because they're racist republicans?

Why would Lady C criticising Biden alienate them?

Also, youtube viewer counts are notoriously imprecise. The company famously throttles videos they don't like by failing to recommend it, and by cutting subscriber numbers in half out of the blue. Same with viewing figures. It could well be that youtube itself doesn't like this video. There's no certain way to tell. That's why a bunch of youtubers are lodging a class action suit against youtube (I don't have the link but I'll have a look round.

So, using viewing figures is not a great way to guage viewership with a normally popular youtuber. Best thing to do to truly figure out if something is unpopular is to scan the comments and read - and count - those.

by Anonymousreply 2September 1, 2021 4:33 AM

Interesting r1 Emotionally there could be some truth in what you are saying but she is a historian I believe so I think her knowledge base will not be just ego and superficial.

by Anonymousreply 3September 1, 2021 4:34 AM

r2 Well from what i can make out some Trump supporters misunderstood her views and thought she was criticizing Trump too when she clarified that she wasnt. They acted like hotheads reacting without understanding or thinking.I think there are definitely some american democrat voters among her viewership too.

by Anonymousreply 4September 1, 2021 4:37 AM

The sad thing is, the old cunt thinks she's relevant.

by Anonymousreply 5September 1, 2021 4:40 AM

I'm not certain what OP means: 100,000 views of a single video on a channel with 129,000 subscribers total is a fantastic showing.

8000 likes vs 168 dislikes is an out-of-this-world ratio, and

3000+ comments below is again, an excellent showing.

Any youtuber would be over the moon with those numbers.

What's the problem?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 1, 2021 4:41 AM

r6 The numbers for many of her other videos are much higher eg closer to 200,000 upwards. Her channell isnt in danger of withering or not being profitable just yet but she does get plenty of viewers from people who dont subscribe .Who knows maybe even some links on Datalounge have upped her views?!

by Anonymousreply 7September 1, 2021 4:45 AM

Really? My LORD I had no idea she was that viral that regularly, r7.

To average 200,000 views on a channel with 129,000 subscribers is quite something in YouTube world.

And yes, r7. when you get a significantly higher number of views than you get of actual subscribers, it usually indicates that the indivual video has gone viral - usually on twitter. This is because people on twitter ( or facebook, or even the DL) can just press play within the social media platform it was reposted on, without the viewer ever having to go to youtube itself (the only way to subscribe to the channel is to go to youtube and press subscribe).

by Anonymousreply 8September 1, 2021 4:54 AM

I realize people are sick of Harry and Meghan and need her to discuss sonething else, but politics is the wrong way to go.

I bet gender non-binary types would actually be fascinated to hear her beauty tips and her tales of becoming Lady Colin Camopbell. if anyone has worked harder at fighting the roles she was assigned at birth, it is she. She may have been born into the role of a common non-British boy, but she was damned if she was not going to become an actual British Lady, come hell or high water! Who else has that kind of story to trade on?

by Anonymousreply 9September 1, 2021 4:54 AM

I think she's the only one whose commentary ranges outside of the specific topic of the Harkles / BRF. You never see River or PDina wandering off, topically.

Probably because she's older, she's rich, and she's generally opinionated about lots of things.

I still love her (although I can only say that because I put her vids on 1.25x speed!)

by Anonymousreply 10September 1, 2021 4:58 AM

r10 river has wondered off a little bit saying comedy is in trouble because of puritanism etc

r8 She has a twitter account but only posts a link to her Youtube posts with little fanfare so it must be fans or her media profile that helps her videos go viral?

r9 I wish she would discuss other royals more and not only in relation to the Harkle saga. She knows all of the Queens cousins and their spouses for example .Not saying they are best friends with her but they know each from previous social events etc .I think she could say a lot more about the beautiful Princess Alexandra, The Duchess of Kent and her conversion to the catholic faith for example , The loyal dignity of the Gloucesters etc . There is stuff there she could cover and be really engaging on. Royal watchers are interested in other family members than Harry and Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 11September 1, 2021 5:09 AM

[quote] I bet gender non-binary types would actually be fascinated to hear her beauty tips and her tales of becoming Lady Colin Camopbell. if anyone has worked harder at fighting the roles she was assigned at birth, it is she.

I see what you mean there, except her story is closer to that of a trans person: for her there were only ever two sexes, and (when she suddenly had breasts out of nowhere) she realized that her parents had made the wrong the call.

Her grandmother knew what her parents had done at her birth, and that's why the grandmother paid for the small-snip operation required for her outer female organs to be exposed from underneath the fused skin that was covering up her girl bits.

Not easy to get an ultra-traditional Lebanese-Jamaican-British woman born in the 1900's to immediately understand why Lady C needed the surgery so much as to pay for it, but the fact that her grandmother did it with no questions only testifies to how obvious it was by the point that Lady C was in her teens that she was actually a girl.

Read her book about it - her story is a really interesting one, with lots of fascinating characters from different cultures and periods.

by Anonymousreply 12September 1, 2021 5:10 AM

Has Lady Marmalade chimed-in?

by Anonymousreply 13September 1, 2021 5:12 AM

Voulez-vous coucher avec moi, ce soir?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 1, 2021 5:22 AM

r14 Love that song!!

by Anonymousreply 15September 1, 2021 6:58 AM

Excellent, excellent song

by Anonymousreply 16September 1, 2021 7:05 AM

why do i think OP is Lady CC?

by Anonymousreply 17September 1, 2021 7:46 AM

Because you are a bumblefuck thundercunt, r17?

by Anonymousreply 18September 1, 2021 8:00 AM

[quote]she is a historian

She is very much NOT a historian.

by Anonymousreply 19September 1, 2021 8:13 AM

r18 thanks Lady C

by Anonymousreply 20September 1, 2021 8:13 AM

Lady C hates Meghan because she is a Duchess and Lady CC is only a Lady, which she shouldn't still be now she's divorced anyway. Lady CC's venom is fueled by insecurity and jealousy.

by Anonymousreply 21September 1, 2021 8:16 AM

She is "AN historian", not 'she is A historian".

'AN' next to 'H' in decent English.

FFS children: Next time you say "hotel", say "An Hotel", not "A hotel"

For the love of CHRIST.

by Anonymousreply 22September 1, 2021 8:22 AM

r19 I feel sure she said in some of her videos that she was. I admit I could be mistaken.

by Anonymousreply 23September 1, 2021 3:05 PM

r21 Then why isn't she jealous of other duchesses and Princesses? She also has a lot of shade for Prince Harry calling him mentally deficient and emotionally defective. Is that motivated by jealousy over his Prince status?

by Anonymousreply 24September 1, 2021 3:08 PM

r17 You seriously think this thread is helpful to Lady C??🤔😄

by Anonymousreply 25September 1, 2021 5:29 PM

[quote] Interesting [R1] Emotionally there could be some truth in what you are saying but she is a historian I believe so I think her knowledge base will not be just ego and superficial.

She has no post secondary degree, no formal training. She’s not a historian. She writes trash biographies. Is everyone who publishes gossip a “historian?” Her “knowledge base” is gossip and shit she made up.

Why does anyone take that woman seriously? Oh that’s right she’s a bigot. Bigotry = credibility.

by Anonymousreply 26September 1, 2021 5:45 PM

She needs to explain why the condensed Gumbo soup is such crap.

by Anonymousreply 27September 1, 2021 5:46 PM

If she is losing viewers it is because her videos are too long and monotonous, and the novelty (at least among Americans) may be wearing off. She probably noticed an uptick in US subscribers recently for whatever reason.

Try River. Her latest from today is linked below. Her videos have a lightness that Lady C lacks, and are about half the length. I find River enormously funny. She gets it. Lady C doesn't.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 1, 2021 6:00 PM

[quote] [R19] I feel sure she said in some of her videos that she was. I admit I could be mistaken.

She's a gossip writer (born in Jamaica) who married a British "lord" for 9 months, after knowing him for 5 days. You continue to attempt to present her as some sort of legitimate authority. Despite this being pointed out again and again.

by Anonymousreply 29September 1, 2021 6:17 PM

r26 Many of her videos show she has a lot of historical knowledge and not just gossip . You are conflating two different things. Yes she's a gossip Yes she has good historical knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 30September 1, 2021 6:28 PM

r29 How does her marriage history mean she doesn't have good knowledge, good sources or other comprehensive historical knowledge? It doesn't. You keep reacting to a caricature of her. Her knowledge of European monarchy and the various history's was very clear in her videos about Prince Philip after he died. I repeat you are reacting to a caricature.

by Anonymousreply 31September 1, 2021 6:31 PM

[quote] [R26] Many of her videos show she has a lot of historical knowledge and not just gossip . You are conflating two different things. Yes she's a gossip Yes she has good historical knowledge.

[quote] [R29] How does her marriage history mean she doesn't have good knowledge, good sources or other comprehensive historical knowledge? It doesn't. You keep reacting to a caricature of her. Her knowledge of European monarchy and the various history's was very clear in her videos about Prince Philip after he died. I repeat you are reacting to a caricature.

Like she, I am a historian and my comprehensive knowledge about her and her "various (oh dear) history's" is very clear.

by Anonymousreply 32September 1, 2021 6:43 PM

r32 Have you watched many of her videos?

I am not just responding to the question of is she or isn't she a historian but the claim made that she has nothing to offer but gossip. Like her or loathe her that is simply not true.

by Anonymousreply 33September 1, 2021 6:57 PM

[quote] [R32] Have you watched many of her videos? I am not just responding to the question of is she or isn't she a historian but the claim made that she has nothing to offer but gossip. Like her or loathe her that is simply not true.

Have you watched many of my videos?

There is no question. She's not.

Stop pushing her as some sort of expert. She's your favorite bigoted gossip lady from Youtube.

by Anonymousreply 34September 1, 2021 7:10 PM

I have no idea who you are but I haven't contested your credentials but given you are making a claim shecoffers nothing but gossip it isn't unreasonable to establish if you have watched many of her videos r34 Are you sure your not liberally throwing around the word bigoted like confetti at people just for not sharing all your opinions??

by Anonymousreply 35September 1, 2021 7:14 PM

No R22 The rule is an before silent h's such as "an hour" but a before voiced h's such as "a hotel"

by Anonymousreply 36September 1, 2021 7:16 PM

AN hotel, ignoramus at r36. The correct form is AN hotel.

by Anonymousreply 37September 1, 2021 8:24 PM

Does she still have her dick, has she not had bottom surgery yet?

by Anonymousreply 38September 1, 2021 8:47 PM

OP< dear, this is DATAlounge not UKlounge. Stop bothering us with hot air from has been on the ghetto side of the pond. Come back when you the latest scoop on Kylie lip kit.

by Anonymousreply 39September 1, 2021 8:50 PM

No R37 it is "a hotel" Check the Chicago Manual of Style or any other reference manual.

by Anonymousreply 40September 1, 2021 8:57 PM

It always had a shelf life. Interest in the Narkles is waning rapidly.

by Anonymousreply 41September 1, 2021 9:08 PM

Lady/Lord Colin is a tedious fascist Tory shill. She holds Eddie and Wally up as an example of how Harry and Megan should behave . Randy Andy is a "victim". Loathes the Obamas but can be racist because she is Jamaican and her family owned many black folks, Has a pathological hatred of any woman whose vagina was not after market and can actually give birth. Did we mention she named her dog after her brother who died of AIDS. Tells you all you need to know. Why don't her mail order Ruskie "sons" do us all a favor and drown the old tranny harridan?

by Anonymousreply 42September 1, 2021 9:37 PM

r42 Surely naming her dog after her brother could bexan emotional tribute? If you are assuming it is an insult you are wrong. I know someone who named their dog after a favourite Uncle who had died and it definitely wasn't meant as an insult or motivated by a desire to demean. Not at all. Its unusual but not bad.

by Anonymousreply 43September 1, 2021 10:08 PM

Yup r41 things are definitely going in that direction. She will have to evolve a bit. Still saying royally focused in the main but less Meghan and Harry.

by Anonymousreply 44September 1, 2021 10:10 PM

George is the luv child of Barbara Cartland and me..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45September 1, 2021 10:11 PM

R43 bad taste

by Anonymousreply 46September 1, 2021 10:12 PM

r46 Possibly it is bad taste to name a dog after a deceased relative. Possibly not. It's debatable. But malicious. No I think that's a stretch.

by Anonymousreply 47September 1, 2021 10:17 PM

^ Calling George a "lady" is not only a stretch it's a fix.

by Anonymousreply 48September 1, 2021 11:59 PM

The ole rat bag is obviously a Johnson pony and a Trumper. She's careful to never mention The Formers name. While spending hours back handing the Clintons and Obamas. Always calling out the Chinese for human rights but not a peep about Putin. Probably owes Puty for getting her the two Russian dolts she calls sons. She goes on and on about the "liberals press" attack on the monarch and how Thatcher was the savior of "her class" of people buy cutting their taxes. Truly grotesque. Inside and out.

by Anonymousreply 49September 2, 2021 2:06 AM

r49 She has said she thinks Bill Clinton was a good president and George Bush Junior was a poor president.

by Anonymousreply 50September 2, 2021 2:24 AM

Her latest video viewer numbers hovering at time of posting at just over 90,000 after more than 24 hours. Thats definitely again much less and slower than previously. If it carries on throughout September then I think it would be difficult to dispute that there is a trend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51September 2, 2021 4:47 AM

It took his Lordship 9 months to figure out his blushing bride had a cock? The British aristocracy are the most worthless dolts on the planet. Glad I don't have to pay taxes to support their pretentious clown show.

by Anonymousreply 52September 2, 2021 5:09 AM

Well this could easily fool a bloke. You know what English birds look like? What.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 2, 2021 6:00 AM

^Yikes. Scott Thompson from Kids In The Hall

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54September 2, 2021 6:12 AM

r53 English women are very varied!

by Anonymousreply 55September 2, 2021 8:10 PM

^ Si. Just ask me mum.

by Anonymousreply 56September 2, 2021 10:04 PM

Latest video up nearly 48 hours and still on less than 90,000 viewers. Such a contrast with her videos 2 months and more ok.

Something has definitely changed substantially whether it's mainly a result of her talking too much politics and alienating people or declining interest in the Harkles a discernible shift has occurred in the figures I'm certain of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57September 4, 2021 10:08 AM

Her videos are boring when not tied to a specific Harkle event. Her fury about woke people posing as great a menace as Hitler tells you everything you need to know about her. Her politics are odious. She needs to do fewer videos.

I thought River was a drag queen, not someone who identified as a woman. She looks ridiculous in her thrift shop women's clothes and begging for tips so she can buy more used costume jewelry. She added a huge disclaimer that amounts to "I'm just making this shit up." Her politics are pretty creepy, too.

by Anonymousreply 58September 4, 2021 1:19 PM

River wants to be a woman?? r58

He actually has far fewer subscribers than Lady C but is slowly nearing the numbers of views per video that she gets.

by Anonymousreply 59September 4, 2021 1:42 PM

George is the son of a Lebanese rug merchant. Très aristocratique 😂

by Anonymousreply 60September 4, 2021 3:21 PM

r60 Still infinitely more classy ,intelligent and dignified than you Harry!

by Anonymousreply 61September 14, 2021 1:24 AM

^ and she has a bigger cock

by Anonymousreply 62September 14, 2021 1:27 AM

You are very naughty r62 !! She certainly has more balls than Harry!!

by Anonymousreply 63September 14, 2021 1:28 AM

I watch her post on Youtube, She reminds me of my Tory Brit grandmum. She's sort of like my tea and crumpets. Comfort food from another era.

by Anonymousreply 64September 14, 2021 1:33 AM

With Just over 40,000 viewings after a good few hours I am beginning to think that maybe Lady Colin Campbell either has done permanent damage to her brand or paradoxically the royals in exile couple she loathes are on a downwards trajectory in terms of public interest in the couple despite their best efforts to remain relevant. Hard to tell which is the dominant factor but that figure is very low for Lady C.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65September 26, 2021 1:36 AM

Lady C is a one trick pony. How many times can she wine that M & H are worse then Hitler (who she likes). Hope they never die in a plane crash or the old baggage's " career" is kaput.

by Anonymousreply 66September 26, 2021 4:29 PM

r66 The law of diminishing returns certainly seems to be kicking in.

by Anonymousreply 67September 26, 2021 9:02 PM

R66 'wine" Oh Dear

by Anonymousreply 68September 27, 2021 12:32 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!