Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

CBS This Morning becomes CBS Mornings

Newsgeeks - what do you think? I really like CBS This Morning and I absolutely love CBS Sunday Morning, but I don't know if this hybrid mash-up will work. I'm worried bringing the trumpet and the sun logo and the long form journalism to weekdays is going to "dilute the brand" of the Sunday Morning program. CBS Sunday Morning is a special program I look forward to each week, I just don't know how bringing it to every day of the week is going to work. What do you all think?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45March 26, 2022 3:59 PM

They already tried this, circa 1980.

It didn't work then either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 31, 2021 1:07 PM

I don't like it. Why ruin Sunday morning. Come up with another logo or whatever for the rest of the week. I think with Trump gone people aren't as interested in the news like they were when he was in office. With Biden in office we know the Trumpers aren't watching the news.

I don' care if they want to change the format but leave Sunday morning alone.

by Anonymousreply 2August 31, 2021 1:13 PM

Gayle King needs to go.

She’s a tyrant.

As long as she’s around, we’re not watching.

by Anonymousreply 3August 31, 2021 1:19 PM

Agree, OP. Don’t like it. Will dilute the Sunday Morning program which I was barely watching after a disappointing transition to Jane Pauley (actually liked her but the show is not as good now). And CBS led by King is an absolute sham.

CBS Mornings will have it all circling the drain.

by Anonymousreply 4August 31, 2021 1:24 PM

This massive change is far too overwhelming for me.

by Anonymousreply 5August 31, 2021 1:25 PM

I'll continue to ignore the weekday show and just love Sunday Morning. It won't affect me at all.

by Anonymousreply 6August 31, 2021 1:27 PM

Does he come up with an outfit like that every day?

by Anonymousreply 7August 31, 2021 7:23 PM

I'd watch CBS Mornings if Tony Dokoupil would unbutton his shirt just one more button.

by Anonymousreply 8August 31, 2021 7:27 PM

Do they still have the DJ? I don't watch until 8:00 a.m. and he has seemingly disappeared by that hour.

by Anonymousreply 9September 23, 2021 11:53 AM

Won’t change my opinion of her.

by Anonymousreply 10September 23, 2021 12:03 PM

Agree regarding Gayle King.

by Anonymousreply 11September 23, 2021 12:13 PM

It is now unwatchable. With Anthony's departure and the new changes, it is awful. No counterbalance to Gayle King. She is obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 12September 23, 2021 3:52 PM

R12, I prefer to call her Street Heifer.

by Anonymousreply 13September 23, 2021 6:03 PM

Who cares what they call it? It still sucks.

by Anonymousreply 14September 23, 2021 6:31 PM

I don't understand why someone would want to watch this shit so early in the morning. All that forced cheeriness and bright lights, no thanks.

by Anonymousreply 15September 24, 2021 8:07 AM

Gayle is so cringe. Uncomfortable to watch. No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 16September 24, 2021 9:36 AM

Tony D has been absent after testing positive for covid. I hope he is still working out to keep his muscles and sexy hair in tip top shape.

by Anonymousreply 17March 24, 2022 2:59 PM

CBS is not content to just have THIS morning, now they must claim ALL the mornings??

Call it gatekeeping if you like, but I think it's offensive that they can take all the mornings from hardworking Americans like myself. Are we not allowed a single morning to ourselves?

It's a world gone mad. Best enjoy the world before CBS claims all the worlds, too.

by Anonymousreply 18March 24, 2022 3:05 PM

This is a dumb idea. CBS Sunday Morning works because it has a slower, friendlier, and more thoughtful pace, and it brings you stories that are off the beaten path and more like magazine features. It's perfect for a Sunday morning and it's the equivalent of intellectual television church.

Nobody will tune in to that kind of vibe on a weekday. We've got shit to do.

by Anonymousreply 19March 24, 2022 3:38 PM

Shouldn’t there be an intermediate period where it goes by CBS T’is Morning?

by Anonymousreply 20March 24, 2022 3:52 PM

The addition of Nate B. in conjunction with GAYle King has rendered this program unwatchable. I'm back at Gay Morning America.

by Anonymousreply 21March 24, 2022 5:39 PM

I can't believe anyone still watches these types of shows.

by Anonymousreply 22March 24, 2022 5:42 PM

I agree with you wholeheartedly, OP; leave "Sunday Morning" as a freestanding program with its iconic suns and trumpets.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

by Anonymousreply 23March 24, 2022 5:55 PM

R22, in my defense, I have it on while I'm getting ready for work in the morning. It breaks into local news with weather and traffic which is helpful. I cannot imagine sitting there each morning for hours at a time watching this shit.

by Anonymousreply 24March 24, 2022 5:58 PM

In related news, Gayle King is changing her name to Gayles.

by Anonymousreply 25March 24, 2022 9:25 PM

I noticed that they had been using the Sunday Morning theme song (horns) during the week now... I don't like it. To me that tune is associated with a relaxing Sunday, not a frenetic workday.

by Anonymousreply 26March 24, 2022 9:57 PM

That set is atrocious.

by Anonymousreply 27March 24, 2022 9:59 PM

The ratings suck! Lowest ever.

by Anonymousreply 28March 24, 2022 10:00 PM

Where is Paula Zahn when you need her?

by Anonymousreply 29March 24, 2022 10:10 PM

Watch our ratings ZOOM!!

We know what people want.....enjoy!

by Anonymousreply 30March 24, 2022 10:17 PM

What r26 said. If they were trying to make people feel like they do on a Sunday morning - on a weekday morning, it was a fail.

Also, when any corporation changes ANYthing, it’s because it’s more “inclusive” or “promoting diversity”, so I’m looking for that angle. They are loath to change anything for any other reason.

This was probably Gayle’s bright idea and it would have been racist to point out what a bad idea it is. It honestly could be that simple

by Anonymousreply 31March 24, 2022 10:25 PM

Gayle was extra cunty to Tony the other morning.

She said, referring to a truck or something that got blown away in a tornado, “It takes a beating and keeps on ticking”.

Tony then corrected her and said, the saying is, “It takes a licking”

She cut him off and said I know what I said. I meant to say beating.

Whatta cunt.

by Anonymousreply 32March 24, 2022 10:42 PM

CBS has been retooling and relaunching this show for almost my entire life. Just cancel the god-damned thing and bring back Captain Kangaroo.

by Anonymousreply 33March 24, 2022 10:47 PM

Gayle King is like the Angela Channing of morning shows, except without the humor or intelligence. She bosses those pussybois around big time.

by Anonymousreply 34March 24, 2022 10:49 PM

I just love that Vlad. She's been on a lot since at least one of the regulars seem to be gone for one reason or another. It's such a train wreck . Tony and Nate really do seem into each other. And Gayle is just waiting to retire and be with O.

by Anonymousreply 35March 24, 2022 10:51 PM

R32, watch for more acrimony and report back here. It's only a matter of time before GAYle shows Tony the door. He will have to go back to the Miami area or wherever he's from.

by Anonymousreply 36March 24, 2022 10:54 PM

What does real news coverage have to do with a TV news program, though?

by Anonymousreply 37March 24, 2022 11:24 PM

[quote]I can't believe anyone still watches these types of shows.

Olds do

by Anonymousreply 38March 24, 2022 11:30 PM

How long until it becomes Gayle King Presents CBS Mornings Featuring Gayle King, a Gayle King Production?

by Anonymousreply 39March 24, 2022 11:37 PM

Gayle Morning AmeriGayle

by Anonymousreply 40March 25, 2022 12:31 AM

CBS retools their morning show every 8-10 years. It's ridiculous at this point. Either stick with one title/formula or run game shows in that slot. You'll never be GMA or Today so get over it.

by Anonymousreply 41March 25, 2022 12:34 AM

Everybody calm down, GAYle's on.....now we're gonna get some journalistic truth.

by Anonymousreply 42March 25, 2022 3:43 PM

I watch NY1. As annoying as Jamie Stelter is, she’s not shoving black black black down my throat all morning. I like all the other people on the channel. It’s actually diverse without being obnoxious about it or seeming forced.

Okay, Cheryl Wills is a little overboard with it, but she’s not on very often.

by Anonymousreply 43March 26, 2022 1:03 AM

Why do you call GMA Gay Morning America?

by Anonymousreply 44March 26, 2022 3:54 PM

[quote] How long until it becomes Gayle King Presents CBS Mornings Featuring Gayle King, a Gayle King Production?

Or Gayle Presents Hole.

by Anonymousreply 45March 26, 2022 3:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!