Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lifetime’s FLOWERS IN THE ATTIC prequel to star Kelsey Grammer, Max Irons, Paul Wesley, Harry Hamlin!!

So much for the Frasier reboot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 4, 2022 3:45 AM

“So much for the Frasier reboot.”

I can easily chew up the scenery in an Attic while consuming it all on Frasier.

by Anonymousreply 1August 30, 2021 6:51 PM

Max Irons was said to be an entitled little shit in drama school. He must be seething at having to work for Lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 2August 30, 2021 6:51 PM

The Lifetime adaptions of the Flowers in the Attic films were okay. But it was annoying how the second movie cut out a ton of content from the beginning and opened with the doctor's funeral.

Their adaption of Audrina was horribly butchered.

by Anonymousreply 3August 30, 2021 6:53 PM

I liked the Ruby series

by Anonymousreply 4August 30, 2021 7:01 PM

Jemima Rooper, what a face

by Anonymousreply 5August 30, 2021 7:02 PM

The Ruby series was well done. Sometimes people need a break from all the hundreds of shitty jealous psycho and daughter in danger movies that Lifetime pumps out every year that all have the same exact plots.

by Anonymousreply 6August 30, 2021 7:04 PM

Does Lifetime still do romantic comedies or are those left to Hallmark?

by Anonymousreply 7August 30, 2021 7:08 PM

Jemima Rooper was Elvira to Angie Lansbury's Arcati.

by Anonymousreply 8August 30, 2021 7:09 PM

Catherine hooking up with the doctor thrilled my tiny teenage brain. Gutted he was eliminated from the adaptation.

by Anonymousreply 9August 30, 2021 7:12 PM

Is there anything homosexual for Max Irons and Callum Kerr to do to each other in this story? I'm not among the FITA cognoscenti.

by Anonymousreply 10August 30, 2021 7:26 PM

Kelsey’s latest ABSOLUTE BOMB 💣

by Anonymousreply 11August 30, 2021 7:29 PM

Jemima Rooper is good casting. Olivia Foxworth is not supposed to be a raving beauty.

by Anonymousreply 12August 30, 2021 7:31 PM

I tried watching some show with Rooper but was to distracted by her horrible haircut and hatchet face. She looks better in that photo but I have a feeling it's only good photography. She has a scooped out face and too strong of a jawline that reminds me of a bulldog.

by Anonymousreply 13August 30, 2021 7:48 PM

I've always thought Rooper should have been Louise in a revival of GYPSY.

by Anonymousreply 14August 30, 2021 7:50 PM

She was in so many TV shows 10-15 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 15August 31, 2021 5:58 PM

She was George in The Famous Five.

by Anonymousreply 16August 31, 2021 5:59 PM

Was she banging DL fave Oliver Chris?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 31, 2021 6:01 PM

Kelsey Grammer, Max Irons, Paul Wesley, and Harry Hamlin! I'm reminded of the old MGM slogan: More stars than there are in the heavens!

by Anonymousreply 18August 31, 2021 6:02 PM

The Lifetime movies of the others were very hit and miss. Some good parts and bad parts. They all felt incredibly rushed to me and would have benefitted by being turned into a miniseries instead. These books are so melodramatic to begin with that when you start speeding the events up to make room for more commercial breaks, these big dramatic scenes stacked up on top of each other, one right after the other, turns everything into ridiculous camp and not the good kind. There's no room to breathe.

by Anonymousreply 19August 31, 2021 7:03 PM

Jemima Rooper’s followers were congratulating her on twitter and she responded like she had been cast as Scarlett O’Hara. Does Lifetime pay well?

by Anonymousreply 20September 9, 2021 7:38 PM

She's a Brit. She's glad of the work.

by Anonymousreply 21September 9, 2021 7:39 PM

The absolute audacity of Hollywood in thinking that they could ever surpass this pinnacle of cinematic excellence!!

Eat the cookie!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 9, 2021 7:51 PM

My Sweet Audrina never screened locally. I actually sought out a torrent for it, like this is 2006.

by Anonymousreply 23October 22, 2021 3:59 PM

What the fuck is with Lifetime’s obsession with Flowers in the Attic? When I was a little kid in the late 80’s, I remember they would air the version with Kristy Swanson all the damn time (in between episodes of Supermarket Sweep and Attitudes!)

The reason it resonated with me is because my mother loved those Archway Nutty Nougat and Italian Wedding Cake cookies, which resembled the poison cookies from Flowers in the Attic. For a brief period I was terrified of eating them.

by Anonymousreply 24October 22, 2021 4:10 PM

I wonder how much the rights cost Lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 25October 22, 2021 4:26 PM

I'm inclined to think Lifetime bought the rights in the 80's for a bargain. That's probably why they keep dusting it off.

by Anonymousreply 26October 22, 2021 5:44 PM

[quote] I'm inclined to think Lifetime bought the rights in the 80's for a bargain.

It's almost never happens that someone buys the license of intellectual property permanently. It's always a time sensitive contract where you pay a licensing fee and can do with the property whatever is negotiated in the contract.

I'd rather guess that it's some sort of "friends help their friends" situation where the parties involved know each other and shuffle company money around and some of it lands in their pockets as their well compensated salary for their work in that licensing deal.

by Anonymousreply 27October 22, 2021 5:57 PM

Who has watched the latest bit of VC Andrews trash?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 3, 2022 5:21 PM

I'll always prefer the original, starring Louise Fletcher and Victoria Tennant.

by Anonymousreply 29August 3, 2022 5:25 PM

[quote]Is there anything homosexual for Max Irons and Callum Kerr to do to each other in this story?

I only read some of the original series but I don’t think there was ever anything in the way of gay characters. Maybe in the later books? I thought Andrew Niederman, the ghostwriter for VC Andrews since the 80s, was gay but I just found some bio page that lists a wife and 2 kids. Not that he couldn’t still be gay but maybe I’m mixing him up with some other horror author.

by Anonymousreply 30August 3, 2022 6:58 PM

I too assumed the ghost writer was as gay as John Waters.

Does Jemima Rooper play the Ellen Burstyn role?

by Anonymousreply 31August 3, 2022 7:03 PM

[QUOTE] Does Jemima Rooper play the Ellen Burstyn role?

Yes, she does.

I quite enjoyed this whole series and I thought the casting was perfect. Max Irons was a little too “arch villain” and his accent was very hit-or-miss, but he was well suited for the character of Malcom Foxworth.

The actor playing Corrine’s half-brother/half-uncle Christopher Dollanganger is HOT TO DEATH and I’m not even that into blonds. Gorgeous and very masculine. He’s like a J.C. Leyendecker illustration come to life.

The actress who plays Corrine looks a lot like Heather Graham who played her in the previous Flowers in the Attic movies.

by Anonymousreply 32August 3, 2022 7:23 PM

You just sent me down a Leyendecker rabbit hole, r32!

by Anonymousreply 33August 4, 2022 3:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!